[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Progressive Story Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 3

File: Story Quest.jpg (549KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Story Quest.jpg
549KB, 1920x1080px
Progressive story thread time.

Rules stated in the picture.

Propose your character and wait for a response from OP until four people have joined.

-Example-
>A demon reeking of sulfur and iron towers above you and your party among the embers and smoke of what had been a town around you no more than moments before, rubble encloses you within close proximity of the beast. What do you do?

>Drakthar the double donged rapist attempts to sodomize the demon

So on and so forth
>>
>>288762
Name- Riggaletto Bink
Primary weapon - Alchemist fire bombs
Secondary weapon - Flint lock
Power - Can jump really high and absorb the shock of landing.
>>
>>288830
Riggaletto Bink arrives at the gates of camp Mayfell, a secluded refuge for serfs and peasants that was practically in the middle of no where within an overgrown forest. Two men stand at the makeshift gate bearing armor and weapons that clearly had prior belonged to someone who is no longer alive judging by the poor fitting.

You were informed to wait here for a job you'd taken up from some noble from the imperial city of Cai'fenn Zayle. The details were scarce, but you knew you were waiting for three others to arrive within the hour.

(Waiting for your next three party members)
>>
>>288762
Name: Jack "Cheeselord" McGibbly
Primary Weapon: A spike gun. It's a 1-handed automatic weapon that shoots metal spikes.
Secondary Weapon: A multitool forgehammer.
Power: Mechanical conjuration - create inorganic parts, components, machines and gadgets from nothing. The bigger, more complex or rare the material of the object is, the longer the conjuring process will take to complete.
>>
>>288896
'Hail! You here for the job as well friend?'
>>
>>288896
You begin to see what appears to be the camp that had been described to you, albeit poorly, by a young lad of high ranking political status you'd met while searching for work on the outskirts of Eastern imperial land in a small village not all too far from the capital, Cai'fenn Zayle. The sight of the camp can only be described as a poor greeting at best, as it reeks of death and is generally in poor shape. You double check the slip given to you by the young politician to make sure you're in the correct area. You seem to be, unfortunately. A man appearing to be an alchemist waits just outside of the camp, fiddling with various alchemical ingredients. Upon flashing your slip to the man he recognizes you as one of his party members for your upcoming job.

(Waiting for your next two party members, feel free to make small talk if you feel like it)
>>
>>288943
'Strong silent type I get it.' (bump)
>>
>>288939
'Aye.'
>>288943
>A man appearing to be an alchemist waits just outside of the camp, fiddling with various alchemical ingredients.
(ooc: I'm assuming that this is Riggaletto. If not then ignore this piece of dialogue.)
'You seem to be a man of science yourself. What's that concoction you're mixing up there?'
>>
>>289060
' Hand held burninator bombs! They will clear a way through most things and sentient beings. Well most things.'
>>
>>289071
'Ingenious! I bet with a with delivery system your bombs could be even more effective in the field! When we have the spare time I would like to make a handheld bomb launcher and some aerodynamic bomb casings for you to use if you don't mind.'
>>
>>289146
'That sounds fantastic it's good to be in the presence of another scientific mind. Especially in a ..less than luminous surrounding.'
>>
>>288762
Name:John john the Johnster aka John
Primary weapon: explosives
Secondary weapon: deagle
Power: can tell if someone is lieing
>>
>>289160
just a question but what are these typically in settings?
also what does he mean when he says trips are a virtue? sorry im a bit of a newbie
>>
>>289245
John John Johns up to the John in due time, stepping off of the carriage he'd hitched a ride on, belonging to a travelling goods salesman. John spots two other Johns Johning in a very John-esque fashion by a John.
John Johns himself to the two and flashes his work slip.
Fuck if he knows how he got it. John doesn't even know where he is or why he has a deagle in the confines of a fantasy world.
John.

(John joins the john, waiting for one more John)
>>
>>289160
"Indeed. This place could use a major upgrade..."
Jack then looked at the surrounding area.
He then turns his attention back towards Riggaletto and said
"Say, do you have any hints is to what this 'job' of ours could be?"
>>
>>289270
Think medieval fantasy type landscape with it's own twists that become relevant as the story progresses.
And two or more repeating numbers at the end of your post (Dubs, trips, whatever) will pretty much result in spontaneous luck pertaining to whatever action you had been attempting
>>
>>289276
that was amazing. second if i cant have a deagle can i have magic or a metal stick named john
>>
>>289281
'Just this slip saying to be here no doubt you have the same one sadly.'
>>
>>289289
one last thing am i in the story? and can i steal how you said john all the time.
>>
>>289281
' Oh my manners have been effected by the atmosphere 'Riggaletto Bink' at your service!' Turning to look at the peculiar fellow muttering john approaching.
>>
>>289320
Hi there how are you all johning in this johny day?
>>
>>289324
'Quite fine quite fine i'm Riggaletto and this gent is..'
>>
>>289332
'forgot to john myself johny me! names timothy'
>>
>>289332
'Ah Tim do you have a quarrel with a John? Hopefully it wont interfere with our mission. '
>>
>>289341
'why would i john john? i dont even john you!'
>>
>>289349
'hmm yes that is a fair point friend.'
>>
>>288762
Name: Anitelu Afamasaga
Weapon: Magical Fishhook
Secondary weapon: Spear
Power: Super strength
>>
>>289349
John hits himself in the head a couple times 'sorry was i saying john alot? i may or may not have been traped in a cellar of 20-25 years...
>>
>>289366
'had to do something to entertain myself hahahhahHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH' this gones on for several minuts.
>>
>>289366
'Indeed I might be able to help with that at a more timely juncture.'
>>
>>289369
'thats what the therapist said before he "disapeared"' he then makes air qoutes
>>
>>289309
Go right on ahead, and a metal stick called John works out just fine.

>>289363
Anitelu spots a group of three men from where they currently stand on the trail outside the refuge. They seem to be bantering on about something entirely too confusing to even bother wrapping your head around, but even so you get the gut feeling that these are the men you're to work with for the "job" entailed. Sketchy business, entirely, as all you had to show for it was a slip with a location and time scrawled across it.
You introduce yourself to the group and flash your slip.
>>
>>289377
'magic with a metal stick? says john out load' says john outloud
>>
>>289363
'Thank the Gods you- Welcome to the band.'
>>
>>289383
'indeed I hope you will be our party sanity aka my sanity hahahahhahaahhahahahaha names tim'
>>
>>289281
>>289376
>>289383
Talofa! The name's Anitelu.
I've been walking around here, looking for some work, and I couldn't help but notice you guys talking. Is it alright if I join?
I'm a pretty good fighter, if that helps!
>>
>>289395
'do you have pototas?'
>>
>>289395
'Yes that would be optimal joh-Tim will take point so we can watch..Because he has good John spotting eyes.'
>>
>>289402
'i may or may not be starting to faint from starvation'
>>
>>289402
I have a few taros. That's close enough, right?
>>289407
Alright! When do I begin?
>>
>>289408
roll to not faint
>>
>>289416
'Once our mysterious benefactor shows and tell's us the score it would seem.'
>>
>>289426
I can wait for that. In the meantime, would you like to hear a joke?
>>
>>289416
-looks at giant hook- ' So you uh..hunt wales?'
'Sure jokes are nice.'
>>
>>289435
'is the one where john johned a john in the john?' i failed my faint roll
>>
>>289442
'I got a joke! why did the elf cross the road... to run from the crazed lunatic he let out from the basement! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH'
>>
>>289442
Uh, you lost me there, buddy. I've told a lot of jokes about people named John, though!
>>289438
Pretty much, yeah! It's a business back where I come from. Makes a lot of money, let me tell you that! Anyway, here's the joke:
>How do Hawaiians show their approval of a bad joke?
>With a low "Ha."
>>289450
Eh... 5/10, could do a little work on the punchline. It's a great setup, though!
>>
>>288830
>>288896
>>289363
>>289245
The group now stands together outside the refuge, chatting among themselves, until a sudden realization strikes. The four of them had met at the designated location as the slip had instructed, but they had no real clue *what* exactly their instructions from there were.

That is, until a young man stepped from the confines of the refuge, the two rough-beaten guards granting him immediate passage upon sight of him. He was no more than a hair over 5'6, with a generally skinny body that in no way looked as if it belonged to this current environment. He's well dressed, clearly a man who's in no way strapped for coin. He speaks clearly and openly to the group as he opens his arms in a welcome gesture.

"Gentlemen, gentlemen! I knew I could count on you, the adventurous sort never disappoint! Now that you're here, and can be trusted to a degree, I must assume that you're all plenty curious as to what exactly your assignment is, no?" He snickers at this. Gives off the feeling of a stuck up little prick at all honesty, one each of you in the group had done well not to forget.

"It's a simple task, really. It's fair to assume that each of you are not foreign to the perils of this world, to have lived this long is nothing short of a miracle. Given the outbreak of the Decay, the ongoing holy war, and the presence of the Divine as an ongoing factor. But, back to the point."
He hushes mildly at this point.
"Your assignment is to track and eliminate a Divine of Western orientation rumored to be set in this very forest. And I will NOT lie, you're not the first group I've sent to do this, either. So feel good and free to go back home if this doesn't suit you. As for your reward, you will all individually receive noble rankings within confines of the East and kingdoms concerning it, as well as enough coin to damn well start your own kingdom if you pleased. Now, are there any questions?"

-Your action phases have begun, as the progressive story has begun-
>>
>>289454
john whispers in a low voice 'I am going to detroy everything you hold dear and make you scream to kill you. you will never know peace and all will die before you'
>>
>>289460
'how many johns do I get to john?'
>>
>>289460
'Well that seems like quite the reward Sir. Is there a time line or any extra details you can spare? I cant speak for us all but I need a good stretch the lab has been..quite dull.'
>>
>>289460
What exactly are we gonna face? Monsters? Humans?
>>289463
...pff... You actually think you'll best me in a fight? Try me.
>>
>>289507
'how did you hear me?.... DEMON PURGE IT!!!!' john proceeds to throw one of his enchanted bricks at ani 'I WILL PURGE YOU DEMON!!!' he then sets it off in her face
>>
>>289515
john is a mage who wields a metal stick that fires like a deagle but it really is magic because i hate choosing
>>
>>289515
"...Huh. Is that it?" Anitelu throws his fishhook at the brick, whacking it away into a nearby wall. "I heard you say something about me being a demon. That's just rude, dude."
>>
>>289525
'yes it is it cause im lazy now shut uup meanie demon...'
>>
>>289533
I think we'll get along fine, Ioane. Can I call you Ioane?
>>
(ooc: Oh sorry about being absent. I had to run an errand a while ago.)

>>289460
"Are we gonna be provided with the proper supplies that we will need for this journey?"
>>
>>289535
'as long as i get potatoes' in an even QUIETER WHISPER john said 'soon demon soon hell hath no fury like a mage scorned...'
>>
>>289540
(ooc:Welcome back!)
>>
>>289541
Here dude, have a taro. It's not a potato, but it's close enough.
Also, if you have nothing good to say, don't say it.
>>
>>289544
thats not what momma said she said that i was an abomination to nature!
>>
>>289547
Ah. Rough childhood, I assume?
>>289540
(Welcome back!)
>>
>>289549
it became less rough when a certain somone decided the house would look better with some "sceniec fire" HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH
>>
>>289557
Aiyaa, stop shouting! You talk more than the elders do!
Anyway, you burned down the house? With what? You're not telling me your parents were also mages, right?
>>
>>289567
lets just say that a slot in a cellar door is big enough to shove a rock with the runes "fire and explosion"
>>
>>289569
Ah... Alright then. So, how good are you at magic? Because judging by the "fight" we had earlier, you didn't put much effort in it.
>>
>>289460
oh right almost forgot your here sorry needed to identify this demon i will be on my way now' john then walks out the door and starts heading south
>>
why are we the only people here ani?
>>
>>289587
I don't know. I'm scared.
>>
"I believe that I haven't properly introduced myself to everyone yet. I apologize for being rude. My name is Jack McGibbly the inventor at your service."

Jack then courteously bows to his party members.

"I'm looking forward to working with you all."
>>
>>289587
(im here hoping commies aint get the QM)
>>
>>289596
(if necessary we may need to vote for a replacement qm or just play a game while we wait. let us vote .if you have a game say so)
>>
>>289594
'Here Here! Today is the first step to prosperous lives for us all!'
>>
>>289601
(nah wait it out a little longer it's late and he was waiting a while seems like he has lots of stuff.)
>>
>>289606
'20 pounds that the inventore dies first any takers?'
>>
>>289594
Talofa, Jack! The name's Anitelu! I look forward to working with you too!
>>289601
(Maybe we could make up the story around us? For example, what is the holy war? Is it a fancy name for the Crusades? Probably, but I'm shit at history when it comes to the Middle Ages.)
>>
>>289611
'The inventor seems stalwart enough with you here i'm sure we all feel a lot more safe.'
>>
>>289613
"lets make up our backstories i have a one that i think is good"
>>
>>289623
You first! Mine's not really special...
>>
>>289623
this ooc same with the above post "George Constantine the 8th was a young lad who passed at the ripe young 8 died.... to pneumonia his father an archmage was grief stricken and he was willing to do anything to get his young boy back....anything at all... such as selling his soul to the grimreaper to raise george back from the dead...with slight comlplications such as his child now being undead and not able to need to eat drink or sleep. cont.
>>
>>289636
Wow. That's harsh, Ioane. Do you want to hear mine?
>>
>>289636
the area his father lived hated necromancy and his father was hanged his mother distraught friom her husbands death blamed the child and left him the celllar to die..she did not know he didnt need to eat or sleep or drink.... gerogre stayed there for god knows how long after a while he taught himself magic and burned down the house he had lived in...after everyone he knew was already dead.... some time later in the far future an elf bought a land that was said to be haunted he thought this prosperous until he found the raving mad man under the singed floorboards.... during gerogres stay in the cellar he created john and made a potatoe farm he was so old that new things were old tech for him he has forgotten his name and is now john or tim it matters not for this man shall kill all one day....
>>
>>289642
And THAT is a backstory! btw never played dnd or did anything of the sort HA! was that good actually?
>>
>>289645
mr inventor whats yours?
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>288762
Name- Slug Christ
Primary Weapon- Titanium Estoc of Herron(Heroin)
Secondary Weapon-A Blessed as Fuck Cross of all Dieties
Power- Aura of Infectious Suicidal Manic Depression
>>
>>289649
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpgDVlKdlwI
>>
anyone opposed to me taking over for the qm for the time being?

i think he ded
>>
>>289642
Ah. So you have Multiple Personality Disorder? My condolences, Ioane. I guess you want to hear mine then.

"Anitelu lived on the Samoan island of Savai'i, born to a family of eight. He, as most elder brothers did, made a living catching fish and selling them in the marketplaces at the age of 13. During his childhood, the sun was fast. The days, instead of being 24 hours, were shortened to 12. One day, while he was fishing, the sun set suddenly. He was furious. He gathered the villagers and told them, 'Every day we have to rush to do our chores and gather our food before the sun sets. Why should we be slaves to the sun? I will catch the sun before it rises, and teach it to travel slowly across the sky!' He set out with a net made of flax and his magical fishhook, and caught the sun, beating him until he promised to slow the days. After this event, he was always recognised as a powerful warrior, roaming around the Pacific Islands, looking for work. Then, he came across three people talking about a person named John..."
>>289645
(I haven't played DnD either. You did well!)
>>289662
(Should we develop the world first?)
>>
>>289669
1 thougt i was alone beside heroin jesus 2 IC '...your a man?...do those thoughts i had mean im gay now...'
>>
>>289649
(ooc: I created my character on a whim so it'll take a while for me to further flesh him out since OP didn't asked for a backstory back then.)
>>
>>289679
ooc "what an uncultured fuck, the pacific doesnt just mean katanas nigger"
dude was obviously a guy
>>
>>289669
i will handle the decay and the crusade you can have the divine or angels or whatever. if you want to add anything to either say
>>
>>289683
you want the crusades heroin jesus? also i am uncultured TEACH ME YOURS WAYS MASTER!
>>
File: holyheroin.jpg (34KB, 750x419px) Image search: [Google]
holyheroin.jpg
34KB, 750x419px
>>289682
Im nothing The Holiest Dopefiend, Gods own son, Blessed and destroyed by the Evil's manifest.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>289688
Take a knee my son, Your existence is nothing, you live for naught were all casual organisms finding solace in a decaying world. Fret and fear for god hold jealousy against all human and living. For we have the sweet release of death
>ROLLING FOR DEPRESSIVE AOE
>>
>>289685
Alright then, mate!
Give me a few minutes; I'll see what I can do with the Divine!
>>289679
Embrace it, my child. For we are all secretly gay when it comes to certain things.
>>
story of what i think is the decay "The decayed are creatures that are undead and tend to have flesh flowing off them. They were created by a joint effort with a powerful lich, some demons and a minor god of death. they were created to be easy to control soldiers, not 10 days after they were created did all involved in their creation died. the decayed tend to be near blind but can smell well and hear even better. they have all but detroyed the elves and are now marching onto the humans. the holy war is the war against the decayed to drive them away from the human homeland when this crusade against death started divine creatures started desending it is unkown if they are hostile or not they do not interact with humans unless provoked they tend to stay solitary these events started nearly 10 years ago and the war is not going well occasionaly a divine will help in the war but dont hold your breath.
>>
>>289705
if you want to veto anything mention it
>>
>>289712
Im abandonning ship mayne
Doped out loced out
>>
>>289709
Hm... I thought the Holy War referred to the Crusades. Anyway, this is what I have for the Divines:
The Divine are a group of religious leaders who associate with Christianity, travelling along Europe. They are known for appearing in villages, preaching to the people and explaining the glory of God to them. Despite recent tensions due to the Holy War, they still appear in certain places when needed. Very few Divines are known for awesome feats, such as turning water into wine, but these occurrences are rare, if not uncommon.
>>
okay i am taking qms mantle it has been 2 hours it is mine now(my chara john went to a tavern or something)

"As there appears to be no further questions, If would please get out of my home and slay that cretin that would be lovely."

He then points to the door

You all begrudgingly leave his home.

-what do now?-
>>
>>289728
Look for a map. Where the hell do we have to go?
>>
>>289731
(are the other people still here? if you do not respond i will assume you left)
>>
>>289734
(I don't think they are here, dude.)
>>
>>289737
Everyone besides Ani decides the risk is not worth it and leave.

Ani decides to go check the shops for a map of the forest. The shops are selling a map for 5 pounds.

You only have 15 pounds

-What do now?-
>>
>>289734
heyo
>>
>>289749
Oh huh? im sorry i just awoke from my dope stupor
had to communicate with the gods and have a sad cum
>>
>>289750
(you staying? if so how do you greet ani?)
>>
>>289749
Buy one map and check it.
>>
>>289752
>>289751
Like that
With my holy cross glowing and my veins still bulging from the heroin
>>
>>289754
You buy the map. Upon purchasing it you realize that the text is all squiggles and the map looks very fake.
When you look back up to the shopkeep there is no one there.

-What do now?-
>>
>>289760
Look for another map. If we can spare the time, look for the cheapskate and force him to give our money back.
>>
>>289760
do not worry with just one hit of my holy herron, you'll read that clearly!
>>
>>289758
Ani is accosted by what looks like a bum of the streets. His veins are bulging with someone subtence and he has some glowy rock. he also has soiled pants specifically a wet spot in the crotch he proclaims himself Slug Christ
>>
>>289766
Oh, what joy...
>>289763
No thanks, mate. I appreciate the offer, but I have my taros here.
>>
>>289763
1d20 dc 18
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>289769 ooc
dont know what you want but rolling anyway
>>
>>289773
(was roll to see if gods would help with map)

The rock smashes into the paper ripping through it.

The man look puzzling at his rock.

Ani decides to leave and get another map he also tries to find the man that conned him.

1d20 for finding conn man
1d20 for finding map
>>
Rolled 9, 3 = 12 (2d20)

>>289780
God, don't fail me now...
>>
Rolled 17, 6 = 23 (2d20)

>>289780
furiously masterbating
Rolling
>>
>>289788
You see the conman but before you can get to him a priest of the order of the light preaches to you. The conman escapes and is long gone by the time the priest is done.

After a bit more searching you find someone who sells a map of the forest. The cost is 20 pounds. He says this is because he nearly died to some priest in there.
>>
>>289791
was that a masturbate roll or a conman/map roll?
>>
>>289798
Buy the map, giving him taros in place of the missing 10 pounds.
>>
okay im tired i leave now. ani is new qm or not im tired goodbye
>>
>>289800
lol wtf, conman/map roll

this is fucking dead /thread
>>
>>289804
See you later!
Sorry guys, I can't be the QM. I don't have any experience doing games like this, and it wouldn't be fun for both of us.
>>
OG OP your game sounded cool and well thought out hope you give it another try!
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.