[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imperial Commissar Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 19

File: Commissar.jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Commissar.jpg
96KB, 800x600px
Your dropship lands, no it rather falls from a height of 3 meteres on the soil of this Emperor-forsaken colony. You already tug on your holster to teach the pilot a lesson, but manage to control your rage, you will need it soon.
The hatch shifts and blinding reflections of sunlight on snow hits your eyes. This planets name has long been forgotten, vanished somewhere in the stellar records of the Imperial library. Your rage wells up again as you remember that this here is a penal assignment for "overstepping your boundaries" on the battlefield. The guard is too weak nowadays, back in your days hunting orks who pillaged farms was the responsibillity of a good wife, now you can not expect a space marine to do the job properly.
You hastily make your way through the snow and approach the big tent in the outpost, expecting to find the local command there. You see a few guards around a campfire, hopeless individuals. One of them is shaking, obviously a result of a hangover, the other is trying to clean the focal lens of his laser rifle, you visibly cringe as you can hear how it cracks under his maladjusted pressure. You decide to just stare ahead and march to the tent, otherwise you will kill somebody.
You step into the warmth of the tent and see an old Sergeant who flips through some book and seems to be taking notes. The gray haired man seems to be the only beacon of discipline around, but that is more than one can ask for at this place.
He immediately notices your red coat and stern gaze and jumps up saluting: "Sir, I am glad to welcome you at our outpost, sir!"
You hint a smile of satisfaction and sign him to proceed. He goes over the papers on his table and pulls out a batch of documents, after cleaning his throat he proceeds: "I will have to ask you to fill out this form, I am sorry to inconvenience you with the bureaucracy, but command insists."
You take the form and observe the contents, it is easy enough, just a sign in form for a millitary camp:
>Name:________________
>Sex:_________________
>Age:_________________

Lets see where this goes.
>>
>>27686
Name: Lacus Forbensis

Sex: Female

>>
Name michael jovic
Sex male
Age 43
>>
>>27686

Baron Von Übermensch
Male
>>
>>27691

He takes the filled out form and for a moment and you can see how he furrows his brows for a moment. "Sir.., errr, I mean Ma'am, you certainly look older than what you inscribed. Forgive my insolence, but are you sure that this is not a mistake?"
It is a tiring question, but rightful nonetheless: "It is certaily correct, you see, frontline assignments against heretics tend to take out some years out of your lifespan."
He nods and adds the form to the batch of others.
"Well, then I would say that we proceed with the details", he turns around and pulls out a huge scroll out of a box behind him and rolls it out on the table, "in the local town which is located here", he points towards a small dot on the map,"some priest who regularily visits a holy site with a relic in it vanished after entering, the citizens report that he did not reappear for a week now so we sent in a squad to investigate."
He stops for a moment to take his breath: "Well, you can see where this is going, we lost contact and the squad did not come back either, there is another group camping outside of the site and they are frankly afraid of entering."
Afraid, that is a word which is inevitably tied to your presence, you immediately understand why this bunch of cowards needs your assistance.
"Well, Commissar Forbensis, I would advise you to pick your gear and head out to the site camp, so you can pick out some soldiers for your investigation."
"That I will do, thank you Sergeant."

You head out into the cold wind again and let some jittering guard lead you to the armory. You take a look around and try to decide what the best choice would be for the upcomming endeavour. The only weapons in an agreeable condition seem to be:

>a combat chainsaw, quite bulky, but nothing gets through a greenskins bone like those beauties
>an energy sword, saddly not fully charged and prone to giving out in critical conditions, but a reliable tool in murder
>a nice sabre, which would look nice in your collection, the choice of someone who likes it easy and reliable
>a bolter with an ammo belt, shredds everything unarmored to bits in seconds, but not really a good weapon for someone without power armor
>a plasma pistol, kills everything, but overheats, runs out of energy and blows up when not used properly fast

The requisition forms only allow you one weapon additionaly to your trusty laser pistol.
>>
>>27734
>>27705
>>27691
might as well take your pick and get on with it Commissar, sir
>>
>>27765
>a combat chainsaw, quite bulky, but nothing gets through a greenskins bone like those beauties
>>
>>27765

Sorry my brain killed itself on the first sentence, I will put more time into proofreading.
>>
>>27765
combat chainsaw aww yissss
>>
>>27772
>>27775

The chainsaw weighs heavy on your hardened, but slender female frame. Still, you feel save with this wepon, you remind yourself of the Emperors advice to carry a heavy weapon. Blessed be the Emperor for guiding you with his wisdoms light!
You walk over to your dropship, getting angry again as you remember your incompetent pilot with his stupid grin, you rev up your chainsaw once instinctively. He is smoking outside and you do not miss the opportunity to grab the cigarette out of his mouth and trample it down, chewing him out for ignoring the Emperors advice on the path of cancer prevention.
He just grins again and blushes as he jumps into the pilot seat, someday I will shoot him, you think to yourself.

The flight to the other camp does not take long and you can see the run down town from above. A fire inside of you flares up as you see some guards fooling around with local women, you make a mental note to break someones jaw.
This time the pilot lands with more precision, you congratulate by not threatening him with crucification. You step out form the dropship and take in your surroundings, observing the people in the camp and searching for potentiall canditates who will have the priviledge of accompanying you on this journey to glory.
You see:

>a techpriest which curiously eyes your dropship, you can see that he wants to speak to the machine spirit, you think that it would be advisable to speak to him
>three soldiers from before who come back from the town laughing, you remember the promise of ruining someones face, but also see that their leader is a Kasrkin, those fellows can be useful
>it seems like another priest is currently asking the Emperor to help his fellow temple brother in front of the site entrance, his religious fervor can help you
>some travelling trader is currently offering his goods in the middle of the camp, you could check his wares for heretical content
>your eyes widen as you notice a slender frame chained to a post in the corner of the camp, maybe it would be wise to investigate
>>
>>27818
Talk to the Kasrkin

We need a fucking assistant already to dish out some *BLAM*
>>
>>27818
>>a techpriest which curiously eyes your dropship, you can see that he wants to speak to the machine spirit, you think that it would be advisable to speak to him

Or

>your eyes widen as you notice a slender frame chained to a post in the corner of the camp, maybe it would be wise to investigate

I can't decide.a techpriest would be useful though.
>>
Nice quest, I'll be joining.
>>
>>27837
Supporting this.
>>
>>27837

You decide you excercised self control long enough, it is time to take some disciplinary measures with those guards. As you approach the three figures, one of them visibly drunk, happily proclaims: "I tell you, bitches on this forsaken planet are etremely easy, they are so poor here, all you need to do is offer part of your rations and they open up their legs." They all share a laugh and your step automatically speeds up as you clench your fist. The Kasrkin speaks up: "I guess if you would eat your own rations more often, instead of railing colony whores you would not be such a skinny schmuck."
Blind with rage you just aim at the first face that turns around towards you now running steps and hammer your fist right in the smiling face of the Kasrkin. You hear an audible crack as he falls down and holds his face and the other two guards stand petrified as you scream: "Such atrocities are not worthy of a proud member of the Imperial Guard, I should hand all of you over to the tribunal!!!"
The Kasrkin screams himself, unfazed by your threat: "You are going to bleed for this one bitch...!", but as he finally takes a look at the figure above him he silently get up and salutes you with a bleeding nose:"At your service, Ma'am".
He recovered rather quickly and seems resistant to pain. Armed with a customized laser rifle, his armor well adjusted and all of his equipment at the right place you can recognize him as a veteran, although a moraly degenerate one.
You decide to make him part of your squad: "For your insolence you will take part in the investigation assignment to the relic site, prepare yourself, we will head out soon. And you two should help him out atleast, so you have an excuse to not get shot right here."
All three take off rapidly muttering something to each other.

But one Kasrkin wont be enough, you take in the scenery again:
>a techpriest which curiously eyes your dropship, you can see that he wants to speak to the machine spirit, you think that it would be advisable to speak to him
>it seems like another priest is currently asking the Emperor to help his fellow temple brother in front of the site entrance, his religious fervor can help you
>some travelling trader is currently offering his goods in the middle of the camp, you could check his wares for heretical content
>>
>>27903
Techpriest

WOOOO WE NEED MORE RETINUE MEMBERS NAOW
>>
>>27903
>>
>>27903
Speak with the techpriest
>>
>>27903
Okay going for the Techpriest.
>>
>>27906
>>27909
Sure, why not. Those deviants don't adhere to the scripture but they are useful.
>>
>>27906

You approach the techpriest who is in awe of your ship. You feel a warm feeling spreading inside of you as you witness such a pious, pure soul. You drown out the feeling, because warm feelings are heressy.
He does not react to your approaching steps, so yout lay your hand on his shoulder. He jerks back in fear and turns around to face you. After a few moments he collects gimself and speaks up: "It is nice to have you in our camp Commissar, how can I help you?" He has a really young voice and you can see the youth in his eyes, truly a soul not yet corrupted by the powers of the warp or the treachery of the xenos.
"I see you have been observing my ship, are you interessted in it?"
"I am interessted in its machine spirit, it seems to be calling out to me. Forgive me, but can I ask of you to approach the ship, it is an opportunity I do not want to miss."
"I think you can, but under one condition, will you accompany me to the relic site, I am in a desperate need of reliable companions."
"That is a small price to pay to be able to contact a unique spirit, I will gladly join you, my name is Sartorius, Ma'am."
"Commissar Forbensis, glad to have you among my followers."
He takes off to prepare himself to the journey and you see that he wields his huge technical axe with ease. Despite their rather..academical nature, techpriests are amongst the strongest individuals in the Imperial Guard. You feel that your squad grows stronger, but one member seems to be missing.
You look into the camp again:

>>
>>27941

always nice to have a fanatic
stealth-9999
>>
>>27941
You have peaked my curiosity, what do we here
>>
>>27941

Vote for random event. It will be fun.
>>
>>27941
Check the trader for heretical content
>>
>>27946
>>27947
These
>>
>>27946
>>27947

Your interesst takes the better of you and your feet drag you to the pole on their own. While getting closer you notice that the figure is fully armored in a quite outlandish suit, which makes it unmistakeably clear that the figure is a female. A big, white helm which is decorated with all kinds of tribal signs turns towards you and it seems like this person is observing you.
You decide to take off the helmet to see who is in front of you. As you release the pressure and take it off, you see long, black hair flowing out of it and nearly fall over when you see what kind of creature you just unveiled. It looks mostly human, but its pointy ears indicate an Eldar.
A ton of questions like: What does it do on this planet, how did it get caught. why is it still alive, drift through your head, but they all are drowned out by a pulsating. Kill it. Kill it. Kill it.
You rev up your chainsaw and the Eldars eyes widen as it realizes what is about to happen. Just as you are about to bring down justice on this thing some kind of emotion flares up in your heart. Pity? This thing is not human. It has to die.
But are you able to control yourself and take a chance?

>roll 1d100 for Eldar waifu not getting chainsawed in two halves
First three rolls will be taken into account.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>27988

Rolling to not murder. Worst case, she's useless and we can just use her as a meat shield
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

fuck forgot
>>
>>27995

Into the option field, soldier
>>
File: 1221839121391.jpg (729KB, 1329x1341px) Image search: [Google]
1221839121391.jpg
729KB, 1329x1341px
>>27994
>>27997
>These rolls
>>
>>28002

Waiting for the third, otherwise removing elf (probably)
>>
>>27994
>>27997

Nice knowing you Xeno Scum
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

We cannot go wrong, either we get a waifu or we did our work for the emperor.
>>
>>28008
Waifu saved?

Or not, its a Xeno. Who cares really.
>>
>>28020
meh overall its 48 avg

Would probably lobotomize her with chainsword
>>
>>28026
>meh overall its 48 avg
Even with a 100 average would be just 55.
>>
>>28026
>>28030
Perfect, the Emperors will has been served.
>>
>>27997
>>27994
>>28008

>48,3 % success

You send the chainsaw flying after throwing your whole weight into it, but at the last moment you see the Eldars eyes. They remind you of something, something you have lost long ago. You try to shake it off, but you can not resist it, heresy or not, just cutting down a helpless foe is not right. You try to pull back the saw, but its kinetic power is nothing you can resist.
The saw smashes with its full weight, barely halted by your recoil into the body of the Eldar, that screams in agony and soon gurgles on its own blood.
Your eyes ring and you hear distant cries of horror from some towngirl passing by. You suddenly feel really sad.
>acquired the "sins of the past" debuff
You remember all the occassions where you went too far, one of them being the reason you are here.

The priest approaches you and gleefully calls out to you: "Young Commissar, you did what had to be done. I would do it myself if the current leadership did not hinder me, I applaud you for your dedication."
He finally reaches you and pats your shoulder: "I heard that you are collecting a squad which investigates the recent occurences, I will gladly accompany a pious soul like yours, count me in."
A priest like himself is an important support member to your squad, you still cringe upon seeing the reflection of his chainsaw in the sunlight.
>>
>>28039

I am off to get some food, will continue later.
Next in the Commissar quest:
Entry into the ancient relic site, will our heroes be strong enough to master the heresy and xeno trickery?
>>
>>28039
Well, I got my fanatic anyways.

Nice rolls, fellow /qst/icles
>>
>>28052
Can't wait
>>
>>28039
Welp RIP Waifu. Im sure we will find another soon
>>28052
This should be a fun quest, Im gonna stick around.

>>28053
Hooray for consolation prize!
>>
Now we can name our chainsaw as the "eldar's sorrow". While we travel have the techpriest maintain our weapon and inscribe on it the Emperor's words to remember the hard choices that duty requires from us. May we find consolation in the fact that we released her from her sin; having been born a xenos.
>>
>>28089
I can get behind this idea.
>>
>>28039
Inquire on the side who was responsible for keeping the eldar wench and write down their name for future blamming.
>>
>>28089
This guy. I like your thinking pal.
>>
Vox operator when?
>>
>>28089
>>28120

The group finally together, your all sit down in a tent to speak about the upcomming mission.
The priest named Gregory is the first to clarify the situation at hand: "As all of us already know, some of our brothers vanished during their journey to our sacred shrine. The shrine we are about to visit is an ancient structure, built into a mountain which contains our holy relic. Although purified and free of any vile creatures, it is still a difficult path, I personally assume that some accident happened on their way there, like sliding off a cliff in the various caves or..."
The Kasrkin, whose name is Horton, smirks and disrupts the priests speech: "Everybody in the town knows that there are some critters crawling around in those caves my holiness, you can not really expect that a squad of Imperial Guards will just vanish in some empty cave, do you?"
All he gets is an angry glare from the priest and an anxious look from the techpriest.
You finally add your part to the conversation: "If I consider your training, I can not rule out that possibillity Horton, they probably all jumped down a cliff in their drunk delirium. Anyway, I think we should get going, if there is anyone still alive, we have no time to waste."
You all pack your gear and head out to the entrance. On the way you ask the Kasrkin who kept the eldar around and apparently the local pig of a major planned to make her his personal toy. Reminded of the eldar the priest told you that your weapon is soaked with the blood of an enemy of the Imperium and is therefore holy, he would like to take his time blessing the weapon if the occassion is there. You agree and promise that you will take him up on this offer.

As you stand before the huge gates of the entering portal to the sanctuary, the techpriest reads the inscription on a stone tablet on the side.
"He who enters this portal has to assure himself of his unshakeable faith in the God Emperor and his righteousness. He who enters the gate as a heretic, might aswell enter the gates of the warp."

The Kasrkin pulls out a map of the cave system and presents you your path choices: "Ma'am, there are basically two big tunnel systems leading to the relic, one of them being a direct path, which every visitor usually takes. The other one is a system of deeper tunnels, those are rarely visited, but may present a safer option considering our squad got lost on the main path."

You take your time to decide:
>take main path
>take deep tunnel path
>>
>>28210
>take main path
We are looking for them, arent we?
>>
>>28226

One never knows whether they reached the relic or not.
(Except me that is) :^)
>>
>>28238
Fair point, but being
thorough is important.
>>
Oh fudge it this >>28226
>>
>>28226
>take main path
we dont need to get ambushed in some dark tunnel
>>
>>28226
yes, main path
>>
>>28226
>>28265

"We are taking the same path as the squad before, I am not walking amongst cowards I hope", you remark as you look towards Horton. The squad follows you through the gate and you are greeted with a moldy smell of a cave. The outer parts are beatyfully crafted and the walls are shaped into appropriate forms. There are seemingly thousands of candlelights illuminating the chamber which stands before the black throat of a cave system. Everybody in the squad is tense. Horton grips his rifle, checks several times if everything is in place. Gregory mutters his prayers to the Emperor and Sartorius grips his axe while looking around anxiously.
You yourself wear a mask of confidence as you enter the cave with the darkness practically swallowing you. Sartorius adjusts his headlamp and illuminates the darkness, Horton does the same with the light on his rifle.
You wander for around 10 Minutes through the cave and discover a bend around a corner where you see some big figure seemingly sitting, leaning against the wall. You can only see an armoured shoulder (if it is one) from here. You sign halt and decide what to do from here:

>send Sartorius to investigate, he seems the most aware in this situation
>send Horton forward, he can take it when things get rough
>send Gregory, his faith and strenght pulls him trough any danger
>go yourself, a Commissar has to lead at all times
>>
>>28266

You are in the wrong neighborhood dude.
>>
>>28361
>>go yourself, a Commissar has to lead at all

Commisars fucking Leads and they follow
>>
>>28361
>"And you two should help him out atleast, so you have an excuse to not get shot right here."

I thought we also brought a couple redshits. Ask them if they volunteer to explore. If they don't blam one and ask them again.
>>
>>28361
The only person that would have been worth sending in first would be dead Waifu, because Xenos are expendable
>>
>>28401
>>28361
While Im not up for sending them, Im curious if we do have them.
>>
>>28361

we aint no punk bitch playa
>>
File: tegaki.png (1KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
1KB, 400x400px
>>28401

You look towards the Kasrkins entourage: "You over there, you go over to look what it is."
The familiar glint of fear lights up in the guards eyes: "It does not have to be me does it? Why don't we just call out to whatever that is, instead of getting surprised around a corner?"
You ponder over that idea, although your hand cribbles and you want to shoot that coward. What should you do?

>shoot the idiot and send the other one
>call out to whatever that is over there
>>
>>28405
>>28384
Ok then, change to commisar leads the way.
>>
>>28444
>call out to whatever that is over there

i guess we are just some punk bitch
>>
>>28444
>The only person that would have been worth sending in first would be dead Waifu, because Xenos are expendable

Or not, I guess. Im voting go in ourselves still. Either or just forcing the guy, Im not wasting the redshirts
>>
>>28444
Shoot the coward and then lead by example.
>>
>>28444
Punch the coward in the face and then charge.

>>28510
We are low on men, we might need the coward later, killing him right now would just be a bad idea.
>>
>>28446
>>28433
>>28384

You decide to lead by good example instead of killing off the jittering guards, they will die soon enough. You go on ahead and sign the others to follow, with their weapons ready. You carefully step closer and with your chainsaw ready to strike you see the outline of a huge power armor leaning at the wall. Whatever is inside, it does not seem to notice you.
Upon closer inspection you see that it is a huge guy in a worn out Space Marine armor who seems to be asleep, or even dead or unconscious.

You decide what to do:

>kill him, you do not take any risks here (decide who takes the job and roll 1d100)
>try to shake him awake and speak to him (decide who takes the job and roll 1d100)
>>
>>28528
>try to shake him awake and speak to him (decide who takes the job and roll 1d100)

See now this is what the redshirts are for. Have one of them wake him up, and keep your guns trained at him
>>
>>28266
Um, dude...
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>28528
Kick the dude ourselves
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>28544
forgot to roll...
>>
>>28544

Well, I guess I roll for you then.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>28544

Well, I guess I roll for you then.
>>
>>28528
If the armour has signs of the imperium ask the priest make the funerary rites for him (if he wakes up all the best).

If there are no signs from the imperium or even worse, marks of chaos, we wake whoever is in there with a chainsaw to the neck.
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>28570
Roll in case it is needed.
>>
How do I roll
>>
>>28616
In options put "dice+1d100" , and replace 1d100 with appropriate dice
>>
Read the info post
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>28528
dont fucking shake him yell something or fire a shot above his head.
>>
>>28556

Sorry, real life called.
I am taking the first one
>2%
>absolute failure

The guard approaches the figure at your command and bumps the figure with his rifle. Before you can even tell him how stupid it is to wake someone up with a gun to his face, the weapon which you just now noticed beside the "Space Marine" sparks to life. A huge energy mace lights up and the electric field makes some of your hairs stand up, the whole squad backs off with their weapons raised as the power armor turns up and the huge figure slams the mace right into the guards ribs and smashes him against the wall. His armor and ribs immediately crack and if he somehow survived that, he gets immediately electrocuted afterwards. A terrible stench of burned flesh surrounds you.

The armored foe turns his head towards you, you have to decide quickly:

>let the other redshirt handle things
>let Sartorius do this, his axe is worthy of the armor
>Horton can light him up, I am sure of it
>Nothing a Commissar could not do himself
>Gregorys experience can come in handy here, let im handle this
>[custom]

Roll accordingly aswell.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>28672
>[custom]
order Horton to fire and flank the SPACE MARINE
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>28672
Proclaim "Halt in the name of the Imperial guard, You shall properly identify yourself or face my wrath"
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>28672
>huge figure slams the mace right into the guards ribs and smashes him against the wall. His armor and ribs immediately crack and if he somehow survived that, he gets immediately electrocuted afterwards. A terrible stench of burned flesh surrounds you.
And nothing of value was lost that day.

But in seriousness, Im with Biker Bob on this, lets flank the son of a bitch
>>
>>28672
Any details on his power armour? Any badge, mak of chaos or seals of purity?
>>
>>28709

It is too dark and hectic right now, armor is extremely worn out. Have to examine later.

>>28692
>>28703

>81% success

You order Horton to manage it, the experienced Kasrkin fires at the Space Marine and with several well placed shots he puts him off balance. As Horton makes his flank around him the Space Marine swings at his head, but misses the agile soldier and finally trips as 3 consecutive shots bang on his helmet.
The Kasrkin steps on the enemies weapon hand and fries his helmet with his rifle until the energy runs dry.
A smiling and jittering Horton approaches your squad as you walk towards the dead collossus on the ground.
You plan your next step:
>[custom]
>>
>>28785
Examine the corpse, and more importantly, the armor
>>
>>28806
This.

Also, go pick up the rifle of the dead guard, it might come handy later.
>>
>>28785
examine the corpse for markings to show who he was
>>
>>28806
>>28821
These

Watch we killed a smurf
>>
>>28806
>>28813

You hastily order the remaining guard to pick up his friends usefull remains. The guard is absolutely shellshocked and mutters something about planning to live an easy life on some outback colony and not believeing this shit happened while picking up things he can still use. It is a morale issue you will have to adress soon.
Horton sits down in the corner and light a cigarette as he seems to think over something, you decide to not bother him right now.

You approach the steaming armor which also stinks of burned flesh and inspect it. The head is completely fried off, there is nothing you can learn from it. The armor itself shows some insignias after some cleaning, those do not tell you anything though. Still you notice how the priest sharply inhales and your next step is obvious: "Is there something you can learn from that, Gregory?"
He sits down and looks ahead like trying to remember something, then starts speaking: "I already told you that long ago there was a purge in these tunnels. Some ugly critters from the local xeno fauna settled here and had to be removed in order to purify the sanctuary. Some ancient chapter of Marines which does not exist anymore took this task and many did not return. All I know about them is their banner which hangs around in the town everywhere since then. Apparently some of them are still there and we just killed one of them..."
There is an immediate question floating in your head: "How long ago was it?"
He just shakes his head and replies: "Hundreds of years ago...we just killed a hero of this town...we betrayed him, we betrayed the Emperor."
You count one and one together at this point: "There is only one possibillity that he could stay alive this long, he must be a Chaos heretic, that would also explain why he attacked us."
The priest immediately flares up: "HOW DARE YOU STAIN THE NAME OF THOSE MEN!!!" He grabs his chainsaw and everybody holds their weapons ready.
This is a big morale issue, at this point the priest deserves death for such insolence, what will you do?

>order to attack the priest
>try to convince him
Roll for either of the options
>>
>>28900
Oh god what happens then? We shoot ourselves? Shoot a subordinate, and blame them?

Wait... It can't be an ultramarine! They have plot armor for days!
>>
>>28907
Mercy, we need men. Just put him in the front for now
>>
>>28907
Try to convince him that something must be wrong with these space marines, otherwise we wouldn't have lost contact with the other teams sent to investigate before and he wouldn't have attacked us when he woke up.

Apologize about accusing them of being tainted by chaos though, as we don't know exactly what's going on right now.
>>
>>28907
Fuck this shit don't need drama

"If we truly killed the Emperors finest we shall answer to them and them only not the local priest

We press on and look for answers, judge me how you see fit when we find it"
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>28907
Try to convince the idiot

Also all of you dumbasses forgot to roll
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>28934
Fuck forgot rollin
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>28923
... Damm dice..

Also, I appear to have changed my ID. Weird
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>28907
Convince him.
Chaos is strong, even some of the primarchs fell.
We should always be vigilant.
>>
>>28940
I guess it will be shooting then.
Dice are not on our side today.
>>
>>28941
wow fuck me

RNG gods hate me
>>
>>28941
>>28945
>>28951

>39% success

"Calm yourself, he is the one who tried to kill you, not us," you reply calmly: "there is a whole squad and a priest that vanished here, this Marine was suspicious atleast. Excuse me for my fast judgement towards him being related to Chaos, but we still need to be on the watch."
The priest lays down his weapon and replies: "Good, atleast we have one more reason to investigate the whole situation, I will keep the weapon of the Marine as another relic from past times." He picks up the mace and looks on it like it has the answers he seeks.
>Gregory replaces his chainsaw with an energy mace
The techpriest suddenly taps you on the shoulder and whispers: "Commissar, I do not trust this weapon, despite not being certain whether this man was related to Chaos or not, I feel dark energies flowing through that machine, we should watch ourselves." You nod and call up your team.
You continue your journey through the cave system, the darkness presses down on you harder with every step and your Commissar senses are tingling, the morale is draining. You reach a big "room" after exiting a tunnel, which is illuminated by torches. The priest remarks: "We are about half way there and there is still nobody in sight, I tell you they fell down into some of the underground water canals." The situation is tense, the Kasrkin and the Techpriest distrust the Priest who does not trust you. The remaining grunt shakes harder with every second.
You hear some voices up ahead and a sharp, loud laughing of what seems to be around 10 men. The echo is deafening.
Could it be the squad which entered before? You look towards Horton, but he does not seem too happy. He looks at you with visible confusion. What should you do?

>hide behind the rocks in th vicinity
>wait until whoever walks your way enters the chamber
>walk towards them in darkness and try to surprise them

Roll for glory
>>
>>29090
Hide and keep good firing lines open.
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>29090
>>29126
Fucked the roll up
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>29090
lay low and observe with our COMMISAR GAZE
>>
>>29126
>>29137

You hide behind the rocks and it proceeds buttery smooth. You are ready to unleash hell on whoever comes through this tunnel.
Holding your breath you await the arrival of the voices and finally you see some silhoutes coming out of the darkness. They all wear the IG armor and Horton who sits close to you is about to call out to them, but you silence him by tugging at his sleeve. They have the proper armor on, but something is off for sure.
They all smile like they are on some beach trip and some of them smile despite having blood all over them. Horton whispers: "I recognize them, they are certainly from the squad." You still can not trust them at this point.
One of them, who appears to be the leader, speaks up: "We have information that someone is walking through our tunnels, identify yourselves." He says it in a casual and uplifted manner which is terribly out of place.
"HELLO!!! IS SOMEONE OUT HERE, SHOW YOURSELF." He sudenly screams at the top of his lungs, deafening echoes make you pull your hands to your ears. You look over to the grunt who is shaking like he is under voltage, he is obviously about to jump out.

What should you do:

>light up those guys, they are not the same since they entered
>try to silence the grunt without them noticing and stay hidden and follow them afterwards

Roll up guys average of the most represented choice counts as usuall.
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>29196
Motion for the grunt to shut the fuck up and stay down, then follow them
>>
>>29196
Smoke em' up, try to leave one of them alive to interrogate him(crush his hands and legs before that so he doesn't try anything funny though).
>>
>>29215
Oops, forgot to roll.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>29215
>>29221
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
>>
>>29215
>>29221
>>29227
Way to go dude.
>>
>>29213
>>29227

Waiting for another reply which determines the squads fate, does not look too good either way tho.
>>
File: 1445551450806.png (91KB, 440x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445551450806.png
91KB, 440x480px
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>29196
There's only one thing left to do.
>>
Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

>>29240
This. Destroy the heretics.
rolling for a 100
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>29333
damnit, bad role (1d6)
this time rolling fo a 100
>>
>>29345
So far it is average for attacking (8+74+67)/3=49.6
So... meh. Not horrible or amazing.
>>
My internet gives out right now, so sorry if I reply late.
>50%

You give out the first shot after giving the command for an all out attack, Horton immediately throws a grenade, using the element of surprise, but misses the centre of the group, so the blast radius only reaches 2 of the 8 newcomers.
The horrible echoing bang nearly tears out your eardrums and you feel a warm blot of blood as it slaps in your face. You can hazily recognize something flying in all directions in the distance.
You come to your senses right as some laser beam liquidifies a part of the stone you were hiding behind. You look over to the grunt who is in his own puddle of piss by now and Horton who tries to pull him out of the fire. On the other side Gregory and Sartorius are preparing to charge the enemy with melee weapons.

>rush to Gregory and Sartorius to help them in their charge
>aid Horton and the grunt
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>29445
>rush to Gregory and Sartorius to help them in their charge
I like them better.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>29445
>>rush to Gregory and Sartorius to help them in their charge

QUASH THESE RABBLE ROUSERS
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>29445
Charge, for the Emperor!
>>
>>29445
>>rush to Gregory and Sartorius to help them in their charge
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>29486
>>
>>29445
Let's help the priests.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>29445
>>29499
>>
File: 213901.jpg (550KB, 1145x948px) Image search: [Google]
213901.jpg
550KB, 1145x948px
>>29477
>>29483
>>29498
>>29504
>these rolls
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>29445
PURGE THE HERETIC
>>
File: TTS 5.gif (647KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
TTS 5.gif
647KB, 320x180px
>>29477 (You)
>>29483
>>29498
>>29504

Welp. The Emperor is not with us today
>>
>>29498
>>29483
>>29482
>>29477

>42 average

You run up to your priests and pull both of them out of cover and shout for them to raise their weapons. "For the Emperor!!!" the three of you scream as you sprint towards a particulary big cover which hides three foes. Those are so occupied with shooting the rookie and Horton apart that they do not have enough time to react to you suddenly rushing at them around the corner. You immediately saw through the shoulder of one of them and grind through his bones until you arrive at his hip. The other one gets his head crushed by Gregorys newly acquire mace. The third manages to run away to another cover his companions are hiding at and the leader signals retreat. Only moments later you see Sartorius approaching with a visible limp, he obviously got his leg fried.
Back at your former position you see Horton on the ground with the grunt still in cover in a fetal position.
The enemies are escaping back through the tunnel.

>Pursue them, there is no one running from the wrath of the Emperor, especially not cowardly guards
>Tend to Horton, he certainly needs help
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>29590
Tend to Horton, pursuing could allow them to ambush us, we don't know this place, we should not take such risks.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>29590
>Tend to Horton, he certainly needs help
My heart says KILL THEM ALL IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR, but my head says with more people we can kill them faster, and to do that they need to be alive
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>29611
this
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>29590
Let's tend to the idiot.
>>
>>29611
>>29616
>>29635

The servant of the Emperor leaves no friend behind, you let them go and order your squad to lend a hand to Horton. As you go towards him, you already can smell the trusty smell of burned flesh. You barely dare to look upon his wounds and see that his chestplate is molten around the shoulder and his left arm is badly burned. A pool of blood already froms below him. You have no one amongst you who is especially skilled in medicine, the priest only has a set of bandages, you would have to see how bad the wounds are. The rookie cries like a little child on the ground, he is completely finished, but with some Commissar magic done right he could be up and running again.
The guys from before could be back any minute now, you have to decide:

>Try to patch up Horton
>Try to build up the grunt

Roll carefully, if you fail at one, both are lost.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>29686
Patch up Horton, we can make the Rookie stop being a child later.

Hope I don't screw up this roll.....
>>
>>29686
My memory is terrible, can we always refer to characters as "X the Job" like "John the marine"?
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>29686
Horton's the more competent.

Let's patch him up, maybe leave the Grunt as bait if he's completely useless now.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>29686
>>Try to patch up Horton
He has a name. He is more important than the Redshirt
>>
>>29710
>>29713
God fucking dammit.....
>>
>>29728
We should just stop rolling
>>
>>29743
Indeed we should, if the first guy gets a good roll then we should just do nothing.
>>
>>29713
>>29710
>>29703

>40.3 average

By the Emperor, those wounds are terrible. After taking off his armor you see that Hortons(Kasrkin) shoulder has bee completely pierced (low budget outer world armor) and his arm got a really bad burn on it, which could result in severe necrosis later. The priest tries to bandage Horton to the best of his abillity, but the rupture is bad. If the blood can not be stopped in some minutes, he is as good as dead.

>roll for Horton: 1d10; 5 or above=Horton lives, 4 or below= Horton dies
Average counts as always.

>>29709

Sure
>>
>>29760

I wait for the three next posts, if anyone wants to drop his roll he can say so.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>29760
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>29760
WELP LETS KILL IM
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>29760
rollin
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>29760
HORTON PLEASE LIVE
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>29760
He'll be fine
>>
>>29787
YOU'RE TOO LATE, ANON! TOO LATE!!!
>>
>>29782
Welp. Dropping!
>>
>>29779
>>29782
>>29785
>>29787
>>29788
NOBODY ROLL, HE HAS BEEN SAVED!
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>29760
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK I'M ROLLING TO SAVE HIM
>>
File: 1423975768686.jpg (293KB, 883x593px) Image search: [Google]
1423975768686.jpg
293KB, 883x593px
>>29814
GAURDSMAN STAND DOWN
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>29760
>>29814
WRONG DICE DISREGARD THAT ONE
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>29814
>>29825
>>29760
BY THE EMPEROR I AM FAILING
>>
>>29835
You did it! You killed him!
>>
>>29835
DAMMIT GUARDSMAN
>>
>>29779
>>29782
>>29785

>3.3 average

Horton gasps for air like a fish on land and his eyes are glassy. You hold his hand while he mutters: "Commissar Forbensis...please..kill them for me, it is a really shitty way for a Kasrkin to go when he does not take his enemies with him." His eyes widen as he struggles for breath for the last time and his body gives out. The priest folds his hands and recites a short prayer as you stand up and observe your surroundings. The techpriest currently sits besides the guard who stopped his panic attack and just trembles in the cover. There are occassional body parts littering the ground, 2 people torn to shreds, 2 still somewhat intact, maybe they have something interessting on them.
Your time is running up, it is only a matter of time until those guys come back, maybe even with reinforcements.
You have to make a quick last decision before you get moving:

>search through Hortons stuff and see if you find something useful
>search through the dead guards
>try to get up the remaining grunt, he wont budge without a little pep-talk, might aswell kill him
>>
>>29798

I am sorry man, only three count.
>>
>>29896
>>search through the dead guards

First sign of Chaos IMA GONNA FILL THIS CAVE WITH SO MANY LASFIRE IT'LL TURN INTO A GLASS TUNNEL
>>
>>29851
>>29873
Whatever he was a fucking Karskin anyways.
>>
>>29896
>>29782 Dropped though.
>>
>>29896
>search through Hortons stuff and see if you find something useful
>>
>>29896
Loot! And search for the signs of chaos!
>>
>>29929

For future notice, with dropping I mean just denying a roll in one of the spots. Dropping afterwards is no fun.
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>29896

RIP MY NIGGA HORTON HEARS A WHO
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>29896
Get him on his feet. We need everyone.
>>
File: dammit.gif (666KB, 320x192px) Image search: [Google]
dammit.gif
666KB, 320x192px
>>29962
mfw our best roll so far is on searching
>>
File: fdsfgdg.png (218KB, 648x825px) Image search: [Google]
fdsfgdg.png
218KB, 648x825px
>>29962
>>29947
>>29920

You go up to the dead guardsmen while you signal the techpriest to aid you in your task. At first you see the bloody mess of the guard that you sawed in half. You notice that he tried to protect himself with his weapon, it is sliced in half aswell. You pat down his pockets, noticing all the blood you remind yourself that you need a shower, your whole clothing practically sticks to your skin. In one of his pockets he has some piece of paper, completely drenched in blood and unreadable. Well, this one is useless.
The techpriest, who has been searching the other guard pulls out a piece of paper aswell. On it you see small insignias, hundreds of them hastily scribbled with a pencil.
>pic related
Suddenly everything adds up, the eldar in the colony, the insane guardsmen, the living Space Marine armor. But how do the necrons influence them? You decide that the techpriest should search through the guardsmen, he opens up:

>their abdomen, thats where they would hide their machinery for sure
>the head, where else would they hide the necessary parts?
>back of the knee maybe?
>>
>>29948
>search for the signs of chaos!
this, we may also get some clues of what's happening. An some things that may help us for the mission.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>30107
The head.

Also, destroy the bodies of our fallen to make sure they can't resurrect and use them against us.
>>
>>30107
>>the head, where else would they hide the necessary parts

Clearly some sort of mind control implant

If its dare say the necrons we will need considerable reinforcments
>>
>>30107
>>the head, where else would they hide the necessary parts?
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>30107
back of the knee FOR SURE
>>
>>30107
>their abdomen, thats where they would hide their machinery for sure
>the head, where else would they hide the necessary parts?
Why not both?
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>30107
Back of the knee
>>
>>30126
>>30128
>>30132

The techpriest picks apart the head of the guard and sees a small device which lights up. Gregory also joined the group after finishing his prayers and immediately starts complaining about the savagery he is witnessing, but he calms down when he sees the green lighting little machine that is in the hand of the techpriest. You note for yourself that if you every see those guys again you should aim for the head. the techpriest pockets the device for future use and you all get up to go and see what can be done about the grunt.
Both Horton and the grunt seem to have vanished.
Now left with only two companions, one of them injured, you decide about your next step.
What should you do?

>open discussion, decide what the best approach would be
>>
>>30214
Try to go back to the surface and contact some high ranking member of the guard about your findings, the Necrons are a very serious threat that can't be stopped by just one Commissar, and two priests, if necessary call an exterminatus on the planet.
>>
>>30214

Oh and I am off to get some grub, so it could take a while.
>>
>>30234
and tell him about your findings*
>>
>>30214
>>30234
>>30247
charge in lazers blazing
>>
>>30234
This... we got enough problems here. The escape will be an adventure by itself.
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>30214
we should continue further and find the guys who we attacked. Hopefully now everybody is aware of the danger so they are more careful.

rip HORTON
>>
>>30234
This sorta but I feel like we must find more conclusive evidence to report back other than some vague xeno device and some cryptic scribbling onto paper found on a dead guardsmen

This is a serious matter and even the slightest mistake in the report will cost the imperium of man good soldiers and valuable resources

So investigate further
>>
>>30214
I say we fall back, try to find that grunt (No Imperial citizen gets left behind, not even a coward) and then round up the townsfolk into an angry mob and storm the place again.
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>30214
>>30323
Rolling just in case
>>
>>30314
To be true we got plenty of evidence of weird stuff. I mean we found some xeno (necrom) device that seems to control guardsmen and (probably) a marine. Evidence suggest the infestation is old and there are connections with Eldar.

I'd say that this is enough evidence for the inquisition to justify giving us more resources, better weapons and a few crusaders.
>>
>>30383
Yes we got weird stuff but even our techpriest new as he is but well versed in technology cannot ascertain the true origins of the device, Eldars are always trolling around Imperium planets probably trying to ascertain the strength of the local imperial guard outpost

Alot of sayings does lead to Necron no doubt but its better we find more damning evidence than a weird device and some scribbling on a piece of paper for the fate of an entire sector is at steak we must leave no room for error
>>
>>30323
>>30383
>>30291
>>30234

"We are falling back" uttering this sentence feels as foul as the smell of an ork. But you have no other choice. You are about halfway through and already getting decimated, while also probably alerting a whole beehive of what is a necron stronghold. You nearly can hear the scarabs somewhere in the distance.
Both priests agree, even Gregory, although he only probably does so because his whole world has been turned upside down today.
You pack up and make yourself on the the way towards the exit which now seems very far away. You promise yourself to check on the marine you killed before, he is an important piece of evidence.
Suddenly you hear some buzzing noise behind you. You decide to:

>wait for whatever comes and waste it
>run for your life

Get rolling boys, we are approaching the finish line.
>>
>>30546
FIGHT IN THIS DESPERATE LAST STAND, FOR THE EMPEROR!
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>30556
rolling
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>30546
FIGHT

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>30546
Proud imperial commissar fears no necron.
Waste motherfuckers.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>30546
I know it doesn't matter but I think we should run.
>>
>>30563
>>30566
>>30556

>58 average

You turn towards the new danger approaching, but while the buzzing gets louder, you can not see whatever is flying towards you.
"There!" Sartorius shouts before some metalic thing the size of a football cloncks against his head and falls to the ground. You quickly stomp it with your boot and hold it in place.
Under your foot struggles a little necron scarab which is buzzing angrily. "By the Emperor! So those are truly necrons in this tomb. What a tragedy to see a sacred place devoured like this." Gregory lifts his mace, ready to strike the little robot.
You tell him to stand down and think:

>tell the techpriest to try and disable the machine, so you can take it with you as evidence
>slam it a couple of times again, see if it turns off itself
>let Sartorius beat the shit out of it, it does not change a thing anyway

Roll aswell ofcourse.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>30653
Order the Techpriest to disable the machine, also be careful, try to ensure they don't get inside our heads or they will take control of us, give the same tip to Sartorius and Greogory.
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>30682
rolling for this
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>30653
Let Sartorius beat the shit of it
>>
>>30694
>>30682
YUS
>>
File: 1440214392460.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1440214392460.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>30682
>>30694
>>
>>30718
At last some success. Hopefully that will give us good evidence.
>>
>>30682
>>30694

Sartorius carefully opens up a hatch on the side of the robot bug, it completely flips out but is rendered unable to move after you put your whole weight on it. Sartorius cuts a few wires and the machines lights turn off.
Smiling like a little kid Sartorius picks up and carries the metal bug like a plush bear towards the exit.

You follow Sartorius who casually remarks that the Necrons already know where we are and we will have to fight our way out, if some of them took the shortcut over the deeper tunnel system. All of you check their weapons and prepare to have a serious fight at the exit.
You approach the spot where you first met the "space marine". Shining out the area where you left him you see another figure standing above him. Another "space marine", although wearing a terminator armor. A huge energy hammer over his shoulder, he looks in your derection and does not react to your approach.
As you get closer, a mechanical voice calls out to you: "Do not come closer, humans. I have a proposition to make."

What do you do:

>listen to his proposition
>we do not argue with xenos, we kill them (attack the marine: roll)
>make a proposition yourself and see how it goes (roll)
>>
>>30830
Listen, but pay attention to your surroundings and ready you weapons in case this is a trap.
>>
File: 1452053892234.png (43KB, 323x207px) Image search: [Google]
1452053892234.png
43KB, 323x207px
>>30830
>>listen to his proposition

A smurf?
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>30830
listen to Prop Joe - Space Marine Edition.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>30830
Listen to his proposition, but keep out guard up
>>
>>30830
>>listen to his proposition
>>
File: 1395306850068.jpg (42KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1395306850068.jpg
42KB, 1280x1024px
>>30854
>>30868
>>30896

You stand down and the marine continues: "The necrons in this tomb are peaceful creatures, reprogrammed by an ancient race long ago, we do not desire to hurt anyone outside of these catacombs. But surely you can understand that in order to survive we can not allow humans to discover this hive of ours. Trying to somehow preserve the life of the humans who entered our realm and discovered us we even decided to add them to our conciousness. For whatever its worth, those individuals enjoyed being part of our community..."
The Sartorius looks fascinated, Gregory is visibly upset and can no longer hold himself: "You vile creatures should not taint a sacred ground with your presence, all I have to agree on with you is your death!"
He turns to you and says: "There is only one way from here Forbensis, do not give into the heresy. If you agree to end this peacefully, I will personally make sure that you receive your judgement."
The marine who seemed to think about what the priest said goes on in the same monotonous manner: "Make your decision, Commissar. I am ready to reach an agreement, but ready to fight aswell. I give you the option of leaving all the things you found here behind and leave unhurt. Or you will join our ranks."
He readjusts his weapon into a combat stance.
What do you do?

>leave the evidence behind, the Necron seems to be telling the truth and you can save atleast the ones who are still alive
>kill this vile creature and purge the catacombs, it is the only right thing to do
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>31196
A hard choice........

1: Save our lives
2: Kill the Xenos!
>>
>>31196
>kill this vile creature and purge the catacombs, it is the only right thing to do
If we killed an eldar like it was nothing, those guys shouldn't be allowed to live either.
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>31196
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
>>31289
oh dear.....
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>31196
>>31259
I am convinced that the Technopriest will just side with them if we try to fight, so knock the Priest unconscious, and ask these reprogrammed Necrons if they can help you brainwash the Priest into forgetting what just happened.
>>
>>31196
Save our lives, no need to get them killed.
>>
>>31259
> leave the evidence behind, the Necron seems to be telling the truth and you can save atleast the ones who are still alive

A terminator against three normal humans? I say we should give him the scarab and go to the surface. Then we can try to convince our superiors to deal with this shit. They may not believe us but we can try.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>31196
>>31348
>>
>>31282
>>31289

You rev up your chainsaw and the priest nods while smiling: "The Emperor always sees that justice is served".
The Marine adjust his weight, fully assuming combat stance and awaits an attack. The first to clash his weapon with the terminator is:

>Sartorius, his wounded leg wont let him fight for long he should strike while he still can
>Gregory, he has the only weapon that is capable of standing up to the terrible might of an energy hammer
>Yourself, this chainsaw did not fail you yet, it wont now aswell
>>
>>31361
>>31348

There are no brakes on this train anymoe.
>>
>>31361
If no one believe us at least we leave written records for other inquisitors and we may return when we get bigger.
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>31380
Gregory, then try to decapitate the Terminator from behind with your chainsaw while he is distracted with Gregory.

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>31380
We take the lead, as is expected of a good commander.
>>
>>31380
>Gregory
>>
>>31428

I wait for a pair of another rolls, because gracious Emperor does not let his lambs get slaughtered without a good chance.
>>
File: 1462012928745.jpg (237KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462012928745.jpg
237KB, 1280x720px
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>31380
>>Yourself, this chainsaw did not fail you yet, it wont now aswell

WE GO OUT LIKE EVERY GOOD COMMISAR BEFORE US

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS
>>
>>31450

Roll aswell my man, the option is not looking good right now.
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>31453
roll for the attack
>>
>>31453
You know what, >>31446 got a better roll, the Emperor is truly with him, so let us, the Commissar, charge first, we need to lead by example!
>>
>>31486
>You know what, >>31446 got a better roll, the Emperor is truly with him, so let us, the Commissar, charge first, we need to lead by example!
I guess... I can relate to that.
>>
>>31446
>>31468

>Commissar attacks first
>average 72

With a warcry you storm towards the terminator and let your chainsaw clash against his hammer. The electric discharge nearly makes your heart stop and your muscles tense up painfully, but you can withstand the force of the hammer. Gregory tries to go directly for the distracted terminators head, with Sartorius limping close behind him.

>share your roll energy with Gregory, may his strike be deadly
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>31791
blood for the blood gods
>>
File: 1449113594285.jpg (153KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
1449113594285.jpg
153KB, 495x495px
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>31791
Rollin
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>31791
>>
File: 1371266193170.gif (114KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1371266193170.gif
114KB, 200x200px
>>31846
WE DID IT REDDIT
>>
>>31846
OH SHIT. THE EMPEROR IS WITH US!
>>
>>31846
>>31826
>>31818

>67 average

Sartorius mace goes directly towards the terminators head, but he notices his maneuver soon enough, pushes you away from him ,sends you stumbling back and tries to block off Sartorius strike. He does not fully succeed and before the hammer merely softens the blow, but not enough to let him be unharmed.
The mace breaks a part of his visor with a terrible crack and throws him off balance with the painfull electro-discharge.
This is a chance for Sartorius who finally limped his way to the battle to make a deadly strike.

>roll for Sartorius, may his axe split the xeno scum in half
3 first rolls count
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>31922
BURN THE HERETIC
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>31922
rolling for emperors strength
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>31922
BLOOD 4 BLOOD GOD
>>
>>31969
GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

OH EMPRAH! BLESS THIS ROLL!!!
>>
>>31969
oh dear......
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>31969
Shall we roll for who gets killed when the termie attacks?
1- Inquisitor
2- Techpriest
3- Priest
>>
>>31969
>>31940
>>31939

>47 average

Poor Sartorius does not manage to strike down his target, does not even manage to reach it. He stumbles over his hurt leg and flies towards the ground, whirling with his arms. The terminator, who regained his composure, slams his hammer right into his chest and sends him flying against the wall. His armor probably protected him enough to let him alive, but he is knocked out cold for sure.
The now angry necron who fights for his life prepares for an attack, who should guard against his might?

>Sartorious, he is the Emperors favourite EMPEROR PROTECTS
>Forbensis, nothing stands against a lone Commissar who lost nearly his whole squad

Roll for life or death
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>32077
>>Sartorious, he is the Emperors favourite EMPEROR PROTECTS

SINK OR SWIM VILE XENO
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>32077
b-BLOOD FOR THE blood god.....
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>32077
Sartorius
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>32077
Forbensis

BLESSED IS THE MIND TOO SMALL FOR DOUBT!
>>
File: 1448378616602.jpg (648KB, 1469x2141px) Image search: [Google]
1448378616602.jpg
648KB, 1469x2141px
>>32097
>>32114
>>32125
>>
>>32097
>>32114
>>32125

Ugh sorry, I meant Gregory, its getting late.
Anyway:

>40 average

Gregory braces himself for the strike, but he never had a chance of stopping a terminators direct blow. The terminator beats the weapon out of his hands, which are unable to handle the blow and you can hear one bone in his arm snap. With a sharp cry of pain Gregory goes down on the ground as. his mace whirls through the air and lands 10 meteres away.
You decide to go for a last attack:
>roll 1d10 (more than 5:Commissar advantage, less than 5:Terminator advantage)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>32206
NONE CAN WITHSTAND OUR FAITH!
>>
File: 1438720745877.jpg (93KB, 1179x883px) Image search: [Google]
1438720745877.jpg
93KB, 1179x883px
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>32206
LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>32206
ALLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>32235
GOD-EMPEROR DAMMIT
>>
File: 1de052084583ee1cc7ea22d7e1aa99c8.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1de052084583ee1cc7ea22d7e1aa99c8.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>32206
>>
File: fsdfvcxg.png (197KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
fsdfvcxg.png
197KB, 500x397px
>>32225
>>32235
>>32250

By the Emperor
>4,6 average
>rounding to 5

You weapons clash, your chainsaw nearly gives out from the electric current which flows through it now and your body aches unbearably again. The contact spot explodes in a rain of sparks as you rev it up one last time and you go in for the final strike which will decide over everything.

>roll 1d10, lets finish this guys
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>32311
VICTORY OR DEATH
>>
>>32327
NO ONE POST ANYMORE
>>
>>32340
The temptation to troll that perfect roll... must... resist.
>>
>>32327

BY THE EMPEROR!!!

You release the contact of both weapons and crash down the weapon on the filthy xenos who swings his hammer towards your centre. Before he can hit you, your chainsaw eats its way through his armor with a deafening screech and finally reaches his inner parths, which also give in with a metallic scream. You saw off his whole arm and kick him down to the ground.
Standing above him you throw your whole weight into the saw and ram the spinning blade directly into his visor. Broken glass and metal rains onto you as you break through his most vital organs.
Completely exhausted you fall backwards and drift off into sweet unconciousness, the las thing you see is the chainsaw sticking out of the terminator armor.
>>
>>32423
It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.
>>
>>32423

So, give me some time to write an epilogue.
>>
>>32423

You come to your senses and notice that you are outside. You see the snow falling and hear crunching footsteps. You life your head and look at the people who are dragging you accross the snow. Those are both Sartorius and Gregory, visibly exhausted and broken. You stand up on your own legs and both of them get dragged back by you pulling them. The priests both fall backwards on the snow and gasp for air. Sartorius makes painful facial expressions every time he breathes in, his ribs are obviously broken. You see a squad of guards running in your direction and the Sergeant from the first camp barking orders to them. They lift Sartorius and Gregory and carry them to the medical tent.
One of them approaches you and grabs you at your waist, as he tries to help you walk. You ram your fist in his face and he walks towards the medical tent with a bloody nose.

The Sergeant approaches you with a huge grin on his face and says: "It seems like your temper did not get lost inside..," then in a more serious tone:"I do remember my people telling me that twice the amount of people entered the sanctuary though." You find no better words than: "It is a wonder that we got out at all."
He asks whether you are hurt, but you do not feel like anything is really damaged, just the occassional scratch and the fact that you are covered with dried up blood and probably smell like an ork camp. You look on the ground and see that your companions left their bags there. You and the Sergeant carry them to the command tent and sort out the contents as you write your report.
Inside of the bag you find:
>A disabled necron scarab
>The sawed off arm of the terminator
>The brain probe from the guard
>The energy mace of the first space marine
>The scribbled necron symbols on the piece of paper
You tell the Sergeant what went down in the tunnels and he has no trouble believing you, considering you have something to back up every aspect of your story. After finishing your report, writting everything down and sealing all of the xeno material into containers plastered with purity seals all over the Sergeant lights a cigarette: "By the Emperor, to think that we lived atop of a Necron stronghold all this time and even set our feet into it regularily. Even I made the trip to the relic once. Besides, did you know that the arm you recovered is an actuall necron arm below the armor? You killed and actuall terminator armor wearing necron."
You are not really surprised at this point, but something comes to your mind which you planned to ask all this time: "What is actually the relic?" The Sergeant looks surprised, but leans in closely: "It is actually heresy to talk about such things, but I will forgive yours if you forgive mine. It is really nothing special, just some green floating sphere, which is suppossed to house a machine spirit," He leans back smiling: "I will send a message to high command, they should send over some Space Marines to purify that hole."
>>
>>32818
>just some green floating sphere
A Resurrection Orb?
>>
>>32818

You leave the tent and go towards the medical tent to look how your companions hold up.

Both Sartorius and Gregory heal up quickly and you hold your end of the promise to Sartorius and let him accompany you on your trip back home in your dropship.
Gregory stays on the planet, he volunteered to lead the assault on the catacombs and wants to tend to the holy site after it has been purified.

As for Sartorius and Forbensis they both took on a space journey which took around a month and Forbensis as a woman in her prime age quickly got tired of Sartorius tending to her ship and this young (and apparently handsome, albeit useless) techpriest only having eyes for the "pure machine spirit which lives in this robust shell". It did not take long until they both made sweet non-xeno love to each other for the sole purpose of praising the Emperor and humanity every day of their stellar journey.

THE END

Thanks for tuning in guys, it was pretty fun, although it pretty much swallowed my whole day.
>>
>>32900

Up to interpretation my friend :^)
>>
>>32913
I don't think Technopriests are even capable of having sex, don't they mutilate their penises in the process?

Anyway, this quest was a lot of fun, we were pretty damn lucky that the final roll didn't fail us.
>>
>>32913
>leave the tent and go towards the medical tent to look how your companions hold up.
>Both Sartorius and Gregory heal up quickly and you hold your end of the promise to Sartorius and let him accompany you on your trip back home in your dropship.
>Gregory stays on the planet, he volunteered to lead the assault on the catacombs and wants to tend to the holy site after it has been purified.
>As for Sartorius and Forbensis they both took on a space journey which took around a month and Forbensis as a woman in her prime age quickly got tired of Sartorius tending to her ship and this young (and apparently handsome, albeit useless) techpriest only having eyes for the "pure machine spirit which lives in this robust shell". It did not take long until they both made sweet non-xeno love to each other for the sole purpose of praising the Emperor and humanity every day of their stellar journey.
>THE END
Thanks man
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.