[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metro Quest Vol. 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 15

File: Metro Quest Title Screen.jpg (370KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Metro Quest Title Screen.jpg
370KB, 600x600px
Welcome to Metro Quest. This quest is set in a somewhat futuristic society in the year 2050 in a fictional metropolis located in North America. This city has 5 boroughs - the richest is New Eden, a center for business and luxury, while the worst-off area is the slums, with an abnormally high population density, crime rate, and disease.

In this quest, you assume the role of an amnesiac who does not know who he is and where he comes from. Will you attempt to discover your origin? Or will you start a new life and let bygones be bygones?

Now, we begin.

You wake up in the dark. You can't see anything, you can't remember anything, you're scared, and you're hungry. Where are you? Who are you? What do you do?

>Search for a light or some kind of light source
>Stay totally still and try to listen in to your surroundings
>Try to remember who the fuck you are and how you got here

First reply gets it so we can get the ball rolling
>>
>>274077
>>
>>274077
>Stay totally still and try to listen in to your surroundings
>>
File: Dark room with a guy in it.jpg (239KB, 1800x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Dark room with a guy in it.jpg
239KB, 1800x1440px
>>274094

You lay back onto a soft but smelly mass and try to concentrate. In the complete and utter darkness of your current location, you begin to ponder.

You see lights, you hear whispers, but everything in your memory is so hazy that nothing seems to be clear at all whatsoever. You feel a tingling burn at the back of your head - the harder you try to remember, the more it starts to burn. You feel the back of your skull but it seems like nothing's there and the pain is coming from the inside of your head.

While you lay there, you hear a thump coming from below you.

Well, what now?

>Try to find an exit to wherever the fuck you are
>Try to find a light source to analyze your location and surroundings
>Start yelling in the hopes that someone is underneath you
>Stay still and listen

First reply gets it again
>>
>>274124
>>
File: Lit Dark Room.jpg (17KB, 650x375px) Image search: [Google]
Lit Dark Room.jpg
17KB, 650x375px
>>274143

You start feeling around your location; you conclude you're on some sort of mattress or bed, and there is a nightstand beside it. You get up, still dazed, and start to run your fingers through the peeling walls of the room.

Your fingers run their course through the room, and you seem to have located a lamp of some sorts. Not hesitating to turn it on, you find yourself illuminated in a dark room resembling that of a shitty motel booking. Below you is a rucksack, there is a window that leads to total darkness behind you and a door to your left. The thumping you heard earlier intensifies.

What now?

>Check out the bag on the floor
>Get out of there and investigate the thumping immediately
>Look out of the window and try to find something
>Search the room more thoroughly to see if you can dig anything up

Highest last two digits in the next 3-5 minutes gets it, or first to dubs.
>>
check out the bag
>>
File: 4k Dark room photo.jpg (508KB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
4k Dark room photo.jpg
508KB, 3840x2400px
>>274188

First to dubs

>Check out the bag on the floor

Well might as well check that shit out because it's right in front of you. You grab the rucksack, and start rummaging through its components. In it, you find a letter, 500$, and a USB 5.0 flash-drive. The thumping seems to have died down a bit.

What now?

>Investigate the window to gather more information on your surroundings
>Read the letter
>Get out of the room
>Conduct a thorough search/sweep of the room

You have: Backpack(500$, Letter, USB drive)

Most popular vote in the next 5 minutes gets it. (If no consensus, first to dubs, if no dubs, highest number)
>>
>>274211
>Conduct a thorough search/sweep of the room
>>
>>274211

>Get out of the room
>>
Incvestigate the window
>>
File: Dark Hallway.jpg (18KB, 483x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Hallway.jpg
18KB, 483x600px
>>274229

Timer up. Highest last number (9) compared to 1 and 2

>Get out of the room

It was quite fortunate you were able to get some supplies before leaving, but now that there's not much for you anymore, it's time to get the fuck out. You open the door, which lets out a giant squeak, and walk out into the hallway. As your door squeaks, the thumping underneath you stops immediately.

You've seen enough to surmise that wherever you are, it's a god damn shithole. Litter, age, and rot pollutes this hallway you are in, and the stench is unbearable. A room with a freckle of light lies at the end of the hallway, but behind you there is another door covered in darkness.

What are you going to do?

>Go towards the light!
>Go towards the dark room
>Go back into your room
>Check out some of the other rooms

You have: Backpack(500$, Letter, USB drive) (I'll make a pastebin item sheet if we start getting too much shit to manage)

Most popular vote in the next 5 minutes gets it. (If no consensus, first to dubs, if no dubs, highest last number)
>>
>>274295
>Go towards the light!
>>
>>274295
>Go towards the light!
>>
Go towards the light
>>
File: Lit room snip.jpg (145KB, 1339x879px) Image search: [Google]
Lit room snip.jpg
145KB, 1339x879px
>>274314
>>274319
>>274335

Consensus (3)

>Go towards the light!

You've been creeping around in darkness for too long. It's time to find out what the fuck is going on. You briskly but quietly pace towards the end of the hall, into the light-filled room, to see god knows what the fuck.

You arrive into a room covered in what seems to be Saran wrap. In the middle of the room is a table with a bloody knife, mutilated body parts, and bags of other unknown objects lying about. Blood populates the table, and there are also a few pictures taped on the walls.

While you're looking around at this scene, the thumping you heard earlier makes its way back into your ears. This time, it's coming from the hallway, and not underneath you. This time, it's coming from around your room. This time, it's coming straight towards the saran wrapped room you're currently in.

What now?

>Loot the room
>Get the fuck out of there immediately
>Wait in the room for ambush, maybe grab the knife or something
>Try to get behind the saran wrap or find a hiding spot in the room
>Wait there and calmly meet your visitor

You have: Backpack(500$, Letter, USB drive)

Most popular vote in the next 5-7 minutes gets it. (If no consensus, first to dubs, if no dubs, highest last number)
>>
Wait in the room and loot the stuff to surprise the thumper
>>
>>274371

>wait there and calmly meet your visitor
>>
File: creepy old dude.png (140KB, 795x440px) Image search: [Google]
creepy old dude.png
140KB, 795x440px
>>274386

>>Wait in the room for ambush, maybe grab the knife or something

Whatever's coming down the hallway, it doesn't sound natural. At all. You immediately grab the knife and a fucking leg to use as a club of some sorts (you don't really know, you're panicking a bit) and wait behind the doorway.

The thumping gets louder and louder, until a creepy, old, but non-intimidating dude makes his way into the room. His right leg is replaced by a block of wood, kind of like a pirate's pegleg. You have him by surprise, and his gaze is about to meet yours. He is unarmed.

What now?

>Pounce on him and strike with your weapons (Roll 1d100 if this is your choice)
>Ask him who the fuck he is, where the fuck you are, and a bunch of other questions while holding him at knifepoint
>Bolt out of the door and run away immediately

You have: Backpack(500$, Letter, USB drive), Stained knife, human right leg

Most popular vote in the next 5-7 minutes gets it. (If no consensus, first to dubs, if no dubs, highest last number)
>>
ask him who he is politely at knifepoint and an aggressive erection
>>
File: old dude 2.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
old dude 2.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>274515

>ask him who he is politely at knifepoint and an aggressive erection

As he walks into the room, he seems mildly taken aback by your presence.

You look at him while holding the knife to his throat "Who the fuck are you?"

He chuckles and says "Not an enemy of yours, my friend, allow me to explain?"

He continues "You are here as my guest, until you become conscious, which it seems like you have. Welcome back to the world. There are not many places around here that can keep individuals safe and hidden, but I offer these services for a reasonable rate. Your friend dropped you off a few weeks ago, and now that you are awake, you are free to go as you wish. Go down the stairs at the end of this hallway into the parking garage and take the second door on your right."

He smiles, and his crooked teeth glow in the light of the room "Before you leave however, you must let me remove your chip. On the table please; and put that leg down, won't you? My pets are hungry."

>Ask him more questions (specify)
>Assault him (roll 1d100 if this is your choice
>Get on the table
>Run away

>>
Ask him about the chip
>>
File: chip in arm.jpg (35KB, 620x345px) Image search: [Google]
chip in arm.jpg
35KB, 620x345px
>>274608

"Chip, what the fuck are you talking about?" You reply, taken aback by his insistence that you lay down on the table cluttered with mutilated body parts.

The man replies "I've got one of my special chips embedded into your arm, son. It helps me keep track of everybody here. Just a simple scrape and it'll be done, simple as that."

He grins again "Unless you want me to always know your location, then go ahead and leave."

>Ask him more questions (specify)
>Assault him (roll 1d100 if this is your choice)
>Get on the table
>Run away

>>
Drop the leg, keep the erection and get on the table
>>
File: pocket knife.jpg (19KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
pocket knife.jpg
19KB, 480x480px
>>274667

You decide to drop the hunk of rotting meat you're holding, and get on the table, fully erect. The man notices your raging boner, commenting "Sorry son, my days of sexual activity are long past"

He pulls out a pocket knife and nicks the flesh around your wrist and cuts a part out revealing a small, metallic disc.

"There we go. You are free to go. Enjoy the city, and stay safe son, and keep the knife. You might need it in this city."

His tone suddenly drops cold "And remember... downstairs into the parking garage, second door on the right. Do not go to the upper floors under any circumstances."

>Leave and head for the exit
>Ask him more questions
>Read your letter
>Check out the building instead of heading to the exit

You have: Backpack(500$, Letter, USB drive), Stained knife,
>>
Ask more questions about the city and tips on where to go
>>
>>274753

You're not about to head off into god knows what the fuck-where without atleast having a bit of information.

"Wait.." you say. "Where am I???, and where should I go? I seem to be quite short of memory."

The man glances at you, nonchalantly, "Well my friend, the world is your apple, or oyster, or however the old saying goes. Go wherever you want! As for your location, we are in what some might call the slums, but for me, it's home. This part of the city is not the safest, but as long as you know how to get around, you should be fine. I suggest finding shelter and an occupation, and maybe even the fellow who left you in my care. When you get out, head for Rainey square. It should be a kilometre north of this location. Or, if you're looking for more illegitimate work, ask some of the vagrants that pollute the area, they'll tell you anything if you flash a dollar at them. Flash many dollars and they might try to kill you, though.

What now?
>Ask him more questions
>Read your letter
>Check out the building instead of heading to the exit

You have: Backpack(500$, Letter, USB drive), Stained knife
>>
Updates might start being less frequent, as there are some connectivity issues on my end currently. I will try to post some more though :)
>>
Read my letter
>>
File: letter.jpg (537KB, 1500x1004px) Image search: [Google]
letter.jpg
537KB, 1500x1004px
>>274834

Before heading out, however, you decide to grab the letter out of your pack and read it.

Seeing you do so, the old man dismisses himself and leaves the room. "Remember" he says - "down the stairs second door to the right in the parking garage".

You open the crumpled piece of parchment and find a message that reads.

"Hey Champ,

Damn shame what happened. By the time you read this, you probably won't even remember, won't you? It's your choice, but I suggest you forget the past, stop searching, and start a new life in the slums. It's no Eden, that's for sure, but few of us can get out like the way you did. Start a new life bud. I couldn't smuggle more past the zone borders, so 500$ is all I could get you. However, you may find some good information in the USB drive - something to help you get started.

You may want to check out the Raven Club, Horus Industries, or do some freelance work over in Rainey Square to get yourself started.

Good luck, and good fortune.

Signed,

Your old dining partner

>Leave and head for the upper floors of the building
>Investigate your floor some more

>>
>>274950

>Leave and head for the upper floors of the building
>>
investigate my floor
>>
File: Upper Floor Door.jpg (787KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Upper Floor Door.jpg
787KB, 1680x1050px
>>274962

Highest # (2)

Something doesn't feel so right about this situation. How can this fucker hold you in his building for months and just pass you off like that and let you walk out of the door? Something feels wrong, and if he doesn't want you to go upstairs, you think you'll find some answers there.

You wait for the thumping of the old man's wooden leg to subsist, and you make your way to the end of the opposite hall. You start climbing up the stairwell for what seems like an eternity. When you finally reach the top, you see a single door with a strange locking mechanism attached to it. There are a few small bits of metal and lead on the ground you think could be used as a makeshift lockpick, but then again you could also try to just break the fucking thing (although it might make a bit of noise, and it would also be very difficult considering you only have a knife). Alternatively, you could just try to figure out how it works and disable and dismantle it.

The other end of the door is silent.

What to do?

>Attempt to dismantle the lock (Explain how, and roll 3d100)
>Attempt to break the lock (Roll 1d100)
>Attempt to pick the lock (Roll 3d100)
>Go back downstairs for the exit

>>
>>275025
Go back downstairs and look for a computer to use the usb
>>
>>275025

Attempt to pick the lock
>>
>>275025

interesting situation we have on our hands
>>
File: parking grg bw.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
parking grg bw.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>275042

Using your better judgment, what's locked should stay locked. Plus, you can probably come and check it out later once you get your bearings about you.

You zoom down the stairs in a flash, and see a elongated stairwell that leads to the parking garage. You look down to complete darkness. As you're walking down, still groggy from your long nap, you think to yourself...

"Where the fuck did he tell me to go again?"

>First door on the right
>Second door on the right
>Third door on the left
>Upper floor of parking garage

>>
>>275110
2nd door on the right
>>
File: moscow nightscape.jpg (174KB, 800x439px) Image search: [Google]
moscow nightscape.jpg
174KB, 800x439px
>>275135

That's right, it was the second door on the right. You walk past the first and open the door, and immediately are flushed into the smell of cheap alcohol, feces, and rotting sewage. How pleasant.

As you walk out of the inconspicuous looking door, it seems like you're in some sort of residential area. How a fucking parking garage connects to a residential area, you have no clue, just that it seems like there are people who live in these buildings (with the exception of yours). You hear some lively commotion down the road to the south, which seems to lead into a main road, but you could also walk further up the residential district to see what you find. Or you could even burgle some fucking houses if you wanted to - 500$ is nice but it won't last you long. You're also famished.

>Walk up the street and explore
>Follow the noises and commotion
>Try to break into someone's house

>>
>>275176
Probably need to find a home, a job and a computer to read the usb.
Follow the noises
>>
>>275201

You follow the noises and the path converges into a bigger road. Rows of torn buildings line up to reveal quite a bit of commotion. For the first time, you see regular people litter the streets, walking to and fro. A bus stripped of functionality also lies on the street, along with a dog picking at what seems to be a corpse. Down the street, you think you can make the outlines of several functioning buildings.

>Head down the street
>Talk to some people
>Interact with the dog
>Check the inside of the bus out

>>
File: City Slums 1.jpg (170KB, 1280x609px) Image search: [Google]
City Slums 1.jpg
170KB, 1280x609px
>>275234

Forgot pic, here it is
>>
>>275234
Talk to some people about jobs and housing
>>
We need a companion, interact with dog.
>>
>>275269
>>275269

We'll do both

You see the dog, chewing on a bone and what you hope is not human flesh. "Hey boy" you say, slowly approaching him. He growls menacingly at you, and runs away. Maybe a treat would open him/her up. The dog runs into the backdoor of a building labelled "Maggio's". From the outside, it appears to be a restaurant.

You approach many of the people on the street, trying to converse with them. However, most brush you aside and scurry along quickly. This doesn't seem to be the friendliest part of town.

>Go into the restaurant
>Grease some palms with money to get some information
>Stay where you are and observe people

>>
>>275336
Go into the restaurant and try to make dog friend with food
>>
>>275336
Go into restaurant
>>
>>275336
>>Go into the restaurant
An Italian hogie sounds pretty good. Buy one of them with some fries, and a hamburger for doggo outside.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.