[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CiVo part III

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 23

File: thu.png (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
thu.png
26KB, 640x480px
welcome to CIVO Part III
you'll be controlling 3 tribes.
will you be the ruler of the lands, or will you be crushed by the others?

rules:
>max 4 people per tribe
>max 2 actions per turn
>if population is lower than 4 your tribe dies

some explanations:
>each tribe starts of with 6 points divided over biology, geology and thermodynamics
>besides that you get an extra skill e.g: agriculture, smithing or medicines
>when doing an action that involves one of these skills you get a skill point for that skill
>ones you got 2 skill point at 2 skills you can combine
I know this might seems a little difficult but I think and hope that it wont be too complicated
also: magic, you can obtain it at random points so don't start yelling: "RESEARCH DRAGON CONJURING MAGIC"
also try to specify your actions
okay I'll be posting the first summaries in just a sec so have fun and survive
and if you have any questions feel free to ask ;)
>>
File: pertill.png (109KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pertill.png
109KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: dribble.png (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dribble.png
113KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: demon troll.png (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
demon troll.png
100KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: mappu.png (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mappu.png
47KB, 800x600px
>>
Anchor?
>>
>>272548
Tech: create better magic staffs using this magic Stones.
action: create city on north corner of our clay source.
>>
File: Crucible.jpg (2MB, 2906x2704px) Image search: [Google]
Crucible.jpg
2MB, 2906x2704px
>>272545
Tech: Make better forges and heat them with fire breath. The better and hotter the forge the better the metal. And begin reforging our copper weapons and armour.

Action: Send our archers out to hunt wildlife with their new bows to improve their skills.
>>
>>272550
keep building the bridge.
tech: Pulley. we use our metal, wood and leather strings to make some pulley mechanism
>>
>>272723
the tripcode
>>
>>272685
I will support this.
>>
File: pertill.png (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pertill.png
113KB, 1024x768px
the pertills combined their dragon breath and air magic to create even hotter fires to make higher quality copper tools, they also sent hunter out to train them, they are getting pretty good at it!
>>
File: dribble.png (112KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dribble.png
112KB, 1024x768px
the dribbles put stones on sticks and created magic staffs for the shamans, they make their magic twice as powerful! they also made a settlement at the clay rich coast, around 50 dribbles live there now
>>
File: demon troll.png (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
demon troll.png
101KB, 1024x768px
the demon trolls invented a way to lift heavy things with rope and wood, this way the construction of the bridge is almost ready.
a stranger came to them from the other side, a dog like humanoid (you can ask him anything, won't take another action)
>>
>>272797
tech: Lever.
with our lever and Pulley we make drawbridge in what left of the bridge
question: where we can find the secrets of fire?
>>
File: watchtower-edit.jpg (373KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
watchtower-edit.jpg
373KB, 1000x1500px
>>272787
Action: Construct large Stone watchtowers in each of our three villages, for archers to garrison in and other pertills to hide in if we're ever attacked.

Action: Explore the bank of the river to our south, that should be everywhere in our region explored.
>>
>>272819
Seconding these actions for this turn.

Do you think we should do something for our culture for our next turn? Feels like it's been a while. If not then maybe we should mess around some with farming, try growing things in different places to see where each thing grows best. Or, test smelting copper and the light metal together to how good the result turns out to be.
>>
>>272827
Culture sounds good, but what could we do for it?
Farming would also be nice, but I think we only have berries and sugar reeds at the moment
>>
>>272834
Not sure for culture to be honest, just felt we shouldn't be stagnant in that department. We are the most well developed culture in this world right now, and I don't see that as a reason to stop.

We got fire breath now, do we want to incorporate that into our culture somehow maybe? Other than that, maybe set some ultimate goal for our people or have them pay respect to their ancestors? I know, I'm just tossing out ideas at this point, but I figure maybe one of these will help you, Leader or Warrior figure out something worth adding to our culture.
>>
>>272792
Magic: teach more druids transforming spell.
Action: build brick Walls around Our Cities.
>>
>>272818
I won't let you make a drawbridge out of rope and a stick srry
>>
>>272818
You know the drawbridge gonna be shit. The rope is too weak. We need metal chains..
Why dont we just complete the bridge. Search for a new metal

Senpai What metals do we have? Crystal,copper and some black shit also gold
>>
>>273055
you can see your resources in your resource slot thing
>>
>>273060
You left out the gold
>>
>>273062
yeah, the unknown one is gold, forgot to update that
>>
>>273062
Then we finish te bridge and look for metal?
>>
Rolled 95, 77 = 172 (2d100)

>>273070
>>272819
1-15: nothing
16-40: small resource
41-80: big resource
81-90: encounter
91-100:???
>>
File: bueno.jpg (47KB, 546x366px) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
47KB, 546x366px
>>273145
>>
File: 1455911849683.jpg (235KB, 878x592px) Image search: [Google]
1455911849683.jpg
235KB, 878x592px
>>273145
Wait a minute, we've been able to just say ''look for a new metal'' the entire time? The mining, setting up quarries and everything was a waste of actions? Fuck.
>>
>>273158
nope, the demon trolls spent one turn making mines too so don't worry! also your quarries will give some advantages in the future maybe
>>
>>273158
We have looked for trees in the past.
>>
>>273173
What about our mage academy?
>>
File: pertill.png (117KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pertill.png
117KB, 1024x768px
the pertills went to the southern river and found a strong type of clay perfect for building big things, they also made a watchtower in each settlement for offensive and defensive purposes
>>
File: dribble.png (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dribble.png
113KB, 1024x768px
the dribbles made big brick walls around their towns to protect them for things, the shamans also learned their 2 best pupils how to transform into lake lions, these 2 shamans were also send to the new settlement to be the head shamans their
they also got news from their wolf friends: weird red people are building a bridge to your lands!
>>
File: demon troll.png (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
demon troll.png
108KB, 1024x768px
a miner found a cave deep inside one of the demon troll mines, in it was a small glowing stone with a weird sign on it, he bright it to the monks who recognized it immediately as a rune, after some days they figured out how to activate it and got the power to summon up to 10 friendly skeletons at a time, but the skeletons can't think for themselves and don't know how to fight properly, but they can learn it
they also finished the bridge, the demon trolls didn't venture far tho
>>
File: 1458148946841.jpg (103KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
1458148946841.jpg
103KB, 500x635px
>>273209
Alright, I'm thinking
Action: Build larger, clay houses in our settlements, the leather tents can be used by hunters and soldiers.

Culture: Strength training.
>>
>>273237
Since there very few of us compared to the other nations maybe we could train the soldiers to strike fast and hard then disappear to minimize our casualtys in the event of a war.
>>
>>273217
i think they dont want to settle here.
there is no ores here Just forest.
But we should build some wooden watchtowers. And Send wolfs and druids to welcome new guests on Our lands.
>>
>>273237
I should clarify, All our stationary buildings are now clay, but soldiers and hunters will be carrying the materials to make tents with them on long journeys, we're nomads after all, we shouldn't abandon our ways as soon as a better material comes along.

>>273254
Sure, so rather than a culture action we do
Training: Hit and run tactics
>>
>>273223
magic: put the power of the rune in other objects. like we did with our water magic
action : fortify all our towns with our latest technologies. basically put a wall as high as possible around of them
this is your question to the stranger again:
where we can find the secrets of fire?
>>
>>273255
We need stone. Those can easily be burned down.
>>
>>273217
As for the question for the traveler, "Do you have knowledge or know of books regarding spell weaving?
>>
>>273452
dribles do you want trade? what would you offer? we have copper and medicine
>>
>>273237
A cultural change should be more detailed and specific than simply "strength training". It's something that defines our people, not something we have our people spend an afternoon on and forget about.

Unless we can come up with something better then I suggest we pick something else.
>>273254
"Culture: Pertil warriors favour speed when making attacks to minimize casualties"?
>>
>>273532
Trading sounds good
>>
>>273325
Now how does that even work???
Putting a skeleton rune on it???
Also its a magic we can do with our hands now as op said.
>>
>>273633
correct me if i wrong but we don't summon skeleton with our hands we simply activate the rune.
we do the same with the bubble here is the link
>>251213
>>
anchor post
>>
>>273532
We have not met. We just know something is there.
>>
>>273735
we can send emissaries the next turn
would you offer something?
>>
>>273703
Action: Improve walls by making them double ply. Like the China walls. This way we can properly stand on it.

Scout: venture to the southwest corner of the map. Try to find other residents of the forest. Bring 3 wolves 2 Druids and food supplies.
Event Question: Do you know anything about spell weaving or books about it?
>>
>>273745
Deer. Our attractive resources is paints and dyes.
>>
>>273774
in exchange of that we can only give pumpkin and pink tree.
you can help us with the ducks too if get to us some supply of tamed giant duck we can offer some copper
>>
>>273693
Thats when I purposefully made them runes.
We that rune is for underwater cities
>>
>>273800
We dont offer our war ducks nigguh...
>>
>>273832
and why we souldn't made the same this turn we will have army
>>273849
and we don`t we need that they tame the duck for us is more quick
>>
>>273855
You can call it taming but that's not what I actually do. I can talk to them for you and see what they want. Why they so grumpy.
>>
>>273888
for me is enough. is do that or put in them in a pen get their meat
>>273832
btw do you have a turn proposal or we use my plan?
>>
Tech: Wheel
Action: Search for iron. Or strong metals
>>
I think that hit and run stuff sounded decent but we really ought to get better metal, so unless any has any objections i'll anchor this

>>273703
Action: Search for Ores, preferably harder ores like iron.

Tech: Construct houses out of clay.
>>
>>274165
Wheel?for what?
>>
>>274399
No objections here, the hit and run stuff could probably need some polishing anyway. Also, I think we should try to see how well copper and the dark light ore mixes. Because we have no idea what happen if we mix it with copper yet, for all we know, we could have made bronze all this time and we just never tried.
>>
>>274615
Do you want cement for castles rather?
Wheels will do alot

Its cement or paper
>>
>>276873
ok. then i support this turn. about pulleys we have another two uses
one is to improve our ships the last thing we need is make saw to make wood plank and then we can have big vessels.
the other thing is make a Arbalest. but we also need the iron
>>
Senpai ???
>>
Rolled 87, 50, 89 = 226 (3d100)

>>274399
>>273750
>>274165
1-15: nothing
16-40: small resource
41-80: big resource
81-90: encounter
91-100:???
>>
File: demon troll.png (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
demon troll.png
108KB, 1024x768px
the demon trolls discovered how to easily move big stones with pieces of trees,
some miners also found iron, but while climbing out of the mine one got scared by some bats a fell upon 3 others, all of them passed away..
>>
File: dribble.png (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dribble.png
114KB, 1024x768px
the dribbles changed their walls so they can walk on them, this also makes it more defensive. they also found small monkeys in the forest, they are really shy and only talked about long yellow fruits..
>>
File: pertill.png (119KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pertill.png
119KB, 1024x768px
some pertill miners encountered a large golem in the mines, the giant living stones killed some miners but after he was defeated the miners discovered he was protecting a large pocket of a new ore: iron, they also started to make houses from clay, they aren't that big but they are way better than their leather tents
>>
Alright how does this sound
Action: Expand the mine, build wooden struts and pillars to support the ceiling, move more miners there to find iron and several soldiers there in case more nasties appear.

Tech: Replace weapons and armour with forged Iron (including arrows, shields etc) All pertills should have their copper weapons replaced, but they can mix leather and iron armour as they see fit for more mobility.
>>
>>278548
Tech sounds good, but I would want to replace the second one with this.

Action: Study the golem by examining the pieces, putting it back together, and poking it with the green crystals

We are low on people, if we could find the secret behind making golems it would help us a LOT.
>>
>>278548
>>278559
I mean, replace the first action, not the second one. You get what I mean.
>>
>>278559
Ah good thinking

Tech: Replace weapons and armour with forged Iron (including arrows, shields etc) All pertills should have their copper weapons replaced, but they can mix leather and iron armour as they see fit for more mobility.

Research: Study the golem, examine its pieces, try to put it back together, see how it responds to the green crystal, fire magic and air magic.
>>
>>278574
Looks good. Unless Leader or Warrior drops by with any objections this is good to anchor.
>>
>>278548
Op can they find iron after one search?
It took us 4 turns or more
>>
>>278574
This sounds good, we wont need to risk pertill lives if we figure out the secret to making golems.
>>
>>278587
We got iron ore here >>278497
>>
>>278587
We already have iron actually.
>>278590
Good, then it sounds like we're in agreement.
>>
>>278658
>>278662
Im asking why they can find iron after one search
when it took us like 5
>>
>>278473
wtf man.
action: send some warriors to follow the path of the lost miners and see what they found.
tech: make a saw to manufacture wood planks
>>
>>278473
forget that >>278928
you don't modify the sheet you didn't put the population grow or the "wheels", do we have iron?
>>
>>278928
We have coal..
So
Tech: smelt the iron with coal and make steel
Tech: writing
>>
>>279107
i prefer first the saw rather than writing
>>
>>278488
those monkeys can have a taste of my long yellow fruit if you sniff my drift
>>
Inb4
Monkey Assassins.
>>
>>278488
Action: Explore West for some magic
Tech/Action: Create net of wooden watch towers with special communication system (we will use different colors of light bulbs on top of them, something like Morse code)
>>
>>279610
That first action is so generic it's gonna trigger OP. Let's talk to these monkeys and get their bananas. Later on they actually would make great assassins. We don't have an army and we are defenseless. If we can at least disrupt the enemy from top to bottom we can pull something off. We have 0 offensive spells.
>>
>>280213
Maybe we will find some offensive spell.
Like Ice bolt or lighting bolt
>>
>>279423
We can make planked wood just now.
Writing leads to maths
Maths leads to our massive castles
>>
>>281554
no we can't, that's the problem.
wood planks a then writing we can have a large ship the next turn with this movement
>>
File: draxx_by_tedikuma-d9164w3.png (266KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
draxx_by_tedikuma-d9164w3.png
266KB, 800x800px
>>281583
fine
>>
>>281593
>>278473
so our turn:
Tech: smelt the iron with coal and make steel
tech: make a saw and manufacture wood planks
>>
okay welcome to the next update: senpai is a bitch edition!! sorry for the low amounts of updates, im getting a wacom and a new laptop soon (1 week from now) so I will be doing some more updates with hopefully better drawings ;)
>>
File: pertill.png (118KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pertill.png
118KB, 1024x768px
the pertills stacked the pieces of the golem on top of each other, nothing happened...
a mage came to do some air magic, nothing happened....
someone came with the crystal, he put it on the the golem, something moved! o wait it was the crystal moving a pebble... srry....
they also replaced all the copper tools with stronger iron versions!
>>
File: dribble.png (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dribble.png
114KB, 1024x768px
a dribble shaman talked to the monkeys about the long yellow fruits, the monkey said they could find them west of the monkeys, they said that they will join you if they will get bananas in return.
the dribbles wanted to make a system with wooden towers to send messages, but there had to be too many towers, they didn't have enough wood nor people for that, so they just made some surrounding the town
>>
File: demon troll.png (104KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
demon troll.png
104KB, 1024x768px
a demon troll smith accidentally dropped a piece of coal into some iron! the wasn't hot enough and the amount of carbon wasn't good either so NOTHING HAPPENED
they also made saws so they could easily make straight wooden planks!
>>
>>282318
Bitch indeed.
Why do pertills get iron after one search for ores
We searched 5 times
>>
>>282290
Heres an idea for our turn

We could invent the wheel so we can get wagons and stuff.

We could also learn math so we can make more advanced building projects like large buildings and ships.
>>
>>282318
at least give us pig iron
>>
>>282333
um, no? this is the first turn you tried I think and the pertills looked for iron before..
>>
>>282353
I'm all for the wheel. But I would like to have our second action be searching the caves for more golems, or anything we can use to get the one we have to work again.
>>
>>282391
I doubt we'd find anything to fix it unless we get lucky and find and get 91 to 100 on the scout roll. Considering we had no means to fix this one at all right now.
>>
>>282391
Explore for new sources of food then?
>>
>>282333
well my turn suggestion:
do like pertills and ugrade all our tools to iron.
tech: larger ship with sail. the list:
the keel is made of grey wood.
the Frame is made of grey wood nailed planks.
we put a ballast under to maximize stability.
we put a one mast at the center of gray wood with a square rig made of leather.
we use our pulleys to control the sail.
we put oars as main propulsion.
we decorate with pink wood.
we use some giant oars to direct the vessel.
we try to put 2 decks at least.
to put the ship in water we use our "wheels".
>>282363
btw you don't put your wheels and iron in the sheet
>>
>>282455
Obsessed with boats?
>>282363
No ways.
We been searching for hard metals since fucking day one

Remember ORE FOR THE ORE GODS
>>
>>282307
Action: Go and find this "long yellow fruits".
Action: Examine our magical stones and magic staffs in mage academy.
>>
>>282363
We looked for ore 2 or three times. We still haven't found anything :I
>>
I think digging for coal, so that we can make steel and eventually plate etc may be an idea.

Also, what are our deer and boar up to? They're domesticated but I think they kind of wander around the camps at the moment, maybe we can build some ranches and start farming them for more meat output.
>>
>>282705
For food I would prefer we find more things to grow and then experiment with where to grow things until we know what grows best where.

I'm all for looking for coal this turn though. Can we make that our second action with wheels being our first?
>>
bad news:
my exams start in a week and I will have to study really hard from now on, I Could maybe do a turn in 2 days but i think the best thing to do is to wait after my exams and then start over, same civ game but maybe with new sheets an new race? maybe?
anyways, thank you all for participating in this game and I hope to see you in the future (2 weeks lol)
>>
Bump

>>286759
oh...
That sucks...
No civ evo games left...
>>
>>286759
I would love to restart in a bit

Good luck on your exams
>>
Someone else could take over for OP.
>>
Well if Op allows me
and if he promises a new game or maybe a new race or something

I could be persuaded since I'm on holiday from uni
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.