[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

commentary: has /qst/ failed as a board?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

File: 1412834731338.jpg (58KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
1412834731338.jpg
58KB, 660x495px
err, i see lots of quest threads here, but all the really good ones are staying on /tg/

what is happening?

call me new to /qst/ but i had to address this.

Cheers, and happy questing!
>>
>>271440
Basically, most of this board has newer QMs and players and so quest quality is a little lower. Also less people populating it so its really slow. Most of the QMs still on /tg/ are OG or dedicated to their old ways and they generally have better quests and more veteran players and audiences.
>>
/qst/ in a containment board for autistic civ and risk quests. All real quests should be on tg.
>>
>>271440
>err, i see lots of quest threads here, but all the really good ones are staying on /tg/
There are a lot of good quests here, like Magic Duel (my current favorite) and The Tales of Jack Chitin.

Fuck off shill.
>>
>>271440
New board attracts newfags and quest newbies.
Most oldfags gets turned off by the sheer amount of newfags so most of them stay on /tg/.
/tg/ attracts more players because most of the quest there are run and played by veterans.
As of now /qst/ is basically a breeding ground for newbie QMs and quest enthusiasts.
>>
>>271440
>>271524
Speaking of which. This board seems to attract a lot more draw quests than /tg/.
>>
File: the humanity.jpg (65KB, 500x722px) Image search: [Google]
the humanity.jpg
65KB, 500x722px
i don't know whether to feel horrible, or....to just forget it all...

>they made a containment board, and NEW ANONS SHOWED UP.
>>
>>271440
Not really, the board is a sucess from a certain point of view, but from another it's either a fail or a work in progress.

We've seen a lot of new quests, lots of bad one mainly but there was a surge of new ideas and lots of new players.

Bad things started when people found out that suptg wasn't set up to handle the archieving of the new board, the original set up of the board was a real turn off, but suptg being unnavaible was a blow that could have kept the board down for the count.

The board being in a trial phase means that both /tg/ and /qst/ can host quest threads, why would someone moves? Banished, the only "big" quest to have moved is making like a bandit and even though the "quality" of the shitposting have decreased, there seems to be a general concensus that it was a move for the better part.

On the other hand, one of the main grip /tg/ had against quest threads was that they killed the board by kicking out threads that would allow for quality discussion of this and that. From what we can see so far, the space left by many quests have been filled with garbage threads that reduced the quality of /tg/ overhall.
>>
>>271558
Draw quests died during the reign of the Nazy Mod, when he started fucking it up for the writefags, the drawfags lost their main commisioners
>>
Whatever happened to Dungeon Quest?
>>
>>271587
>Bad things started when people found out that suptg wasn't set up to handle the archieving of the new board, the original set up of the board was a real turn off, but suptg being unnavaible was a blow that could have kept the board down for the count.
Suptg has an archive section for /qst/ now so that's one problem solved.
>>
>>271638
Yeah, but Lord Licorice had to work overtime to make it work, and the board got lots of shit for that, which didn't help most QM into moving. Now though they don't bother moving because tg still can host the quests.
>>
I felt this way once when I switched from the drawthreads on /b/ to /tg/ and tgchan. Since it is a slower pace it has a different kinda crew. I fully expect most quests (especially the ones related to traditional gaems) to remain on /tg/ and this board will be more of a anything goes quest grounds for all sorts of stuff.

It is hard to put all interests together like this. I come here and I visit mainly /tg/ so why should I move boards when what I want to see is in there?
>>
>>271657
It doesn't help that people got really mad over the ID tags. Much of the faggotry that goes around comes at price of true anonymity. In /qst/ if you speak shit you either have to own it or quickly change your IP (which to be fair is boringly easy).
>>
>>271695
yeah, it was a case of death by a thousand cuts that would have done in the board. The ID tag is debatable on a quest board to say the least, I've seen people asking for it in some threads on /k/ after /qst/ got up.
>>
>>271712
I would love if it was on /tg/ to be honest, or if OP could enable or disable it on thread creation. But some people on 4chan are just too afraid to be even remotely recognizable. They'd riot. That's how I feel, at least.

Still, hope still lives that /qst/ might find its own niche. Lotsa good drawfriends here, honestly.
>>
Buds with Snow:

Kolbold Quest will be up on this board tomorrow. Is this board actually bad? Should it be held on /tg/? Because I don't agree with some of these statements. I've seen some high quality stories so far.
>>
>>271783
>Is this board actually bad?
Depends, it only gets bad as far are you are willing to let it go
>>
>>271820

Example? Things seem to be getting better if anything.

See:

> European Dragon

> Wizard Dual
>>
File: 40keks.png (260KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
40keks.png
260KB, 358x310px
>>271828
>>
>>271828
>Example?
Banished.
>>
>>271852

Havn't clicked it. How bad is it?

>>271833

?
>>
>>271856
If those are the best examples you have /qst/ is fucked.

Those are nothing compared to some of the worse quests on /tg/
>>
>>271856
Last thread clocked at 1500+ post, we can safely assume that half of them were shitpost.

Though, while the shitposting is impressive, the story makes it worthwhile, even when the QM slowed a lot in his writtings
>>
>>271881
Hum. Gonna check it out.

>>271865
The problem is that the board is too tasteless. It has no theme, nothing keeping us here aside from the singular quests we enjoy. That's why quests on /tg/ are better, people there share your tastes and are akin to you, way more than the random gaggle of people here.
>>
>>271905
Try not to get too triggered by people with different opinions and tastes. Sometimes variety makes it fun.
also there are 3 literal anime quests on /tg/ right now with edition numbers greater than single digits.
>>
>>271905
The board is relatively young it didn't have time to form it's own culture, it could go worse or it could turn out okay in the long run.
It's already better than the 10 first days. Look at /v/ and /vg/ when they've split
>>
>>271926
I don't and I am aware. /tg/ is way more weeb than they give credit.
Still, rightly said.

>>271932
Wisdom. If it ends up like tgchan's /quest/ minus all the furry and smut it will be really swell.
>>
I aways figured that this would be a slow board. The 72 hour timer may do more harm than good.

>>271989
I do like some things they have going on there, such as the thread where people can ask questions and get answers in character.
Now I'm reminded that Bord Quest hasn't updated in forever.
>>
I usually lurk the other boards but I like this one so far. I've invested a lot of time into it. I don't think it's failed so far, a lot of people have set up shop here. It's just that people are expecting too much from it right from the get go.

Pace is just slow enough. The pressure's not like /tg/ (or other places) where I'd get bodied by the sheer amount of input (and won't fall to mass faggotry if I fail to please at least one or two guys). However unlike MSPFA you don't have the free pass of taking as long as you want with updates.

Plus, I don't think the fa/tg/uys are going to enjoy anything not even remotely related to /tg/ stuff or if it's about obscure thing they've never heard off.

>>272123
At first I too was worried about the 72 hour timer but if you've got invested players then you'll keep getting replies all the way to page 10.
>>
File: 1462832798973.png (194KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1462832798973.png
194KB, 400x750px
>tfw you run a successful quest on /qst/ and everyone is generalizing everything here as "shit quests"
FeelsBadMan.
>>
File: this is good isnt it.jpg (27KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
this is good isnt it.jpg
27KB, 720x405px
I wouldn't say it failed. I would say it achieved mediocre results.

I think one huge issue is the divide between here and the people still questing at /tg/. Stubborn people hate change and they absolutely refuse to come to the new board, so you have this division of people that makes both boards seem dead.

I look at various quests forming here which are decent to good and they only ever get like 5 players actively participating. The numbers should be 2-3x, and was that number when all the focus of quests was on one board. I think the most popular new quest right now is that pandering anime Dark Academy quest and looking at it it only gets about 5-8 votes when the popular anime pander ones before at /tg/ got double that number.

Frankly I think the mods should just man the fuck up and choose a place for quests. Either remove this board and go back to /tg/ or start removing quests from /tg/ and direct them here. Quests here and at /tg/ aren't dead, but they're like Starcraft 2 status in that it's a limping sick dog.
>>
>>272475
I fear the backlash would just be too much and cause a major disturbance unlike anything before. If all quests were directed here then the shitstorm would reach Haiyan-levels of destruction. If /qst/ is axed then all of the new quests would be destroyed unless they can find a home in another board...which is unlikely because of board rules or the lack of relevance to the board subject.

I agree with your point about the huge gap of questers between the two boards.
>>
>>272475
>most popular new quest is that pandering anime Dark Academy quest

I would disagree. Go look at the number of posters, votes, etc. in Stuck in an RPG quest. Hell, even the almost entire thread's worth of debate specifically upon what weapon our character should use dwarfs those 5-8 people.
>>
>>271440
Absolutely.

Most of this board is trash, half of it isn't even quests.
>>
>>272475
>I think one huge issue is the divide between here and the people still questing at /tg/. Stubborn people hate change

This retard again
>>
>>272581
This shitposter that has nothing of value to say again.
>>
This board is somehow pretty comfy, I spend more time on /qst than /tg lately.

/qst may have slower pace than /tg but at least it will give quest author enough time to write and/or drawing without stressing out.

I remember when I has running quest on /tg, I need to increase my writing pace before the quest get autosaged. But here the threads can last here up to 3 days.

I'm planned to run a one-shot quest before I take vacation.
>>
Problem is that for some people they don't have the time to run a quest through multiple days and it gets dull when updates are only like 5 posts a day. Interest over a quest tends to fizzle out as well when post count, discussion, and updates tend to be low.
>>
>>272754

True we can't run quest at multiply days in straight. And the interesting up and down (or worst case even more down) from my expirence.

But another advantages when the quest thread is consider to be done it will stay on the boards for while, allow curious people read the quest and maybe join the future quests. See it as small adverstiment for QM.
>>
>>272475
You are either retarded or a false flagging anti quest fag. Forcing /tg/ players over here wouldn't achieve anything in terms of board activity overall, and would drive a substantial number of them to just drop questing in general. A single quest isn't enough to draw people into a board that is itself mostly dead.
>>
This board is like Israel: It shouldn't have been created in the first place but nowthat it exists and has a population, getting rid of it would cause more problems than it would solve.
>>
>>271783
>kolbold quest
It shouldn't be held at all.
>>
>>271440
The only issue is the lack of moderation on /tg/

If quest threads were being deleted from /tg/ and bans handed out to people who continue to remake them, you'd see a near complete migration over to /qst/
>>
>>278993
More like you'd see a mass quest migration and abandonment. Simply the creation of /qst/ caused several Qms to quit 4chan.
>>
>>279008
Really? Why would they just quit? Did they just hop over to other places like Anonkun or something?
>>
>>279871
Maybe because they impulsively think that the arrival of /qst/ meant quests on /tg/ are immediately not-allowed.
>>
>>278993
>>279979

Honestly I don't see the point of making /qst/ if moving here is optional.
>>
>>271587

>On the other hand, one of the main grip /tg/ had against quest threads was that they killed the board by kicking out threads that would allow for quality discussion of this and that. From what we can see so far, the space left by many quests have been filled with garbage threads that reduced the quality of /tg/ overhall.

I never understood this. The catalog exists for a reason, and the only threads that get killed off were ones that were already passed the bump limit (Which more often than not were quests threads), or were already dead to begin with.
>>
>>272123
>The 72 hour timer may do more harm than good.
I think it should be replaced with a 24-48 hour autosage if OP hasn't posted in that time.
>>
>>280178
Nah, let's make it extreme. For every 45 minutes the OP doesn't post their thread clocks down ten threads closer to DIE. Advances to a geometric rate for every hour and a half.

Now that's hardcore questan'. Though QM's who oft discuss things with players would of course be unaffected.
>>
>>271440
If anything, it has significantly improved. It isn't dominated by geeks who only read schlock fantasy and yuri manga.
>>
>>280199
Dude, It wouldn't be bad. Slow quests would still survive as long as the OP cared enough to continue them, and occasionally bumped 'em.
Don't be a jackass.
>>
>>280585
Anon, that suggestion was not some marked jest at yours. Although not entirely serious, a pressuring force for update speed is something I can only see benefits from. Neither of the ideas are actually wholly exclusive, as well.
>>
>>280615
While I see your concerns, Quests are a slow medium and the only get slower as production values for a quest rise. The longevity of threads can be a boon for good writing or art. The problem is /qst/ has not reached its potential and, given the amateur nature of questing generally, will not achieve that mark for a long time.

We cannot lay the blame entirely on how quickly threads move up or down a largely meaningless ladder. It is up to us to cultivate this land, regardless of fertility.
>>
File: I'm not sure.png (40KB, 274x433px) Image search: [Google]
I'm not sure.png
40KB, 274x433px
>>280090
>I never understood this.
Me neither, try to explain that to one that one of those anti-quest fags, they'll all go nanananaIcan'thearyounananananana
>>
Well, for someone who wants to do a lewd quest. /trash/ is the only place I could reasonably do them in. All the other smut boards don't seem to allow them, which is a shame really. If this were a non-blue board, we might get some more traffic. I remember there being a really good smut quest on /i/ or /ic/ that had good art, but the OP gave up on it after a while.
>>
>>281553
Let's be real if it wasn't a blue board it would be solely lewd quests
>>
>>281553
You could take it to /r9k/, I've seen quite a few there
>>
I thought a bunch of the /tg/ QM's moved here. I know Soma did, at least.
>>
>>281936
Smiley did too
>>
>>281936
Soma, Exaltedfag, Planefag, Artemis, probably some others I'm missing.
>>
I'm new here, too. I'm running the Catch'mBall Z quest. I didn't know /tg/ even had quest threads, but then again, I don't really stop by there. The way I see it, this place is nice for unconventional ideas. I'm guessing /tg/ is kind of puristic when it comes to what remains popular. Anywho, I think as long as quest makers keep captivating people, the traffic will come. I can definitely see how some inherent timer mechanics could make sure traffic remains consistent, but I think the board is still lacking for attention from what I've seen, so time restrictions just might make things worse.

I DUNNO. Conjecture.
>>
>>282005
Opee and NotAPaladin from /v/ moved here too
>>
>>282041
I really, really think you should check out /tg/ quests before calling them "conventional". What does conventional even mean, in the context of quests?
>>
I'm not really sure why they still stay, they were annoying people on tg and so people were beginning to shitpost heavily and it was ruining some of the good threads. I would have thought having a dedicated board would sort both issues out. Maybe its just stubbornness or maybe it's reluctance to jump to a very new board.
Quests have emerged here that have been really very good, Jara, the blacksmith quest and this medical duel crossover thing have been really fun to name a few, and opee and notapaladin have come over and done/are doing some high quality shit.
Perhaps it's just because once you get a thread number into the dozens jumping board could be seen as a total reset, or it may be just too risky to jump over when you have a very established thing going.
I don't think qst has failed really, it was always going to be a slow start and the quality of the board is pretty high for such a new one, I mean remember the vg/v split?
>>
>>282120
>Quests have emerged here that have been really very good, Jara, the blacksmith quest and this medical duel crossover thing have been really fun to name a few
>Only naming drawfag quests
I guess you don't like reading?
>>
>>282140
Well, I mean the drawings are more accessible and I normally sort of briefly check out the quests when I'm at work when I get a moment so its much easier for me when it's mostly portrayed through drawings.
Not to say I don't like reading, I actually love reading, but I rarely get the time to even read a good book recently so I'm not really going to spend what time I do have on a quest. Now I don't mean writefag quests aren't good I just couldn't name any off the top of my head.
I read a bit of melancholic quest or whatever that was called the other day, that was alright
>>
>>282005
Planefag only moved here because he wanted to reap salt from all the people he saw in the 'discussion' thread bitching out the mod for making a new board without actually consulting anyone.

He ended up pausing his first thread here to get into a pissing match with his own readerbase after they confirmed that they'd only come over for him and weren't interesed in even looking at any of the other quests here (because part of his argument in /qst/'s favour was that readers from /tg/ would come over and support the new quests here).

Then he kept going on here literally only out of spite. He hasn't made a new thread on here or /tg/ in several weeks and hasn't given any explanation why.
>>
>>280090
>QUESTFAGS GET OUT REEEEEE
>Good, with Quest Threads gone we can now have multiple totally unique Space Marine/40k threads that have thoughtful and informative discussion!
>>
>>282512
IIRC Planefag was busy with IRL normie stuff and trying to write an actual novel that he can sell for money.
>>
>>282612
Where the hell did he say this that he can expect a normal anon to see it? It ain't on his twitter or his ask-tumblr.
>>
>>282618
I remember either he or someone close to him mention the novel thing off-hand during one of the recent threads. I may be wrong though and confusing him with someone else.
>>
>>282456
Shorter posts also get faster replies as they can intimidate some people. But deep storytelling have a draw as well. That is what /qst/ is for. Its for all quests. Not just specefic types.
>>
>>282634
He bugged out on his most recent thread because of a power failure or some such. Hasn't been heard from since.
>>
>>281936
Nate moved from /vp/.
>>
>>283235
And Questy, apparently. (Under a different username)
>>
I wanna run a quest, ran before on tg, I want to run here but the whole "no sex it's a blue board wahh" is keeping me from going. That's honestly the only Bullshit rule for this board. It's 4chan, who gives a shit of its work safe, it's never work safe.
>>
>>283298
Go to Akun and stop bitching here.
>>
>>283308
sure, I'll go over to that trainwreck of a clickbait designed site without a good archive for even less of a readership. woo
>>
>>283577
>even less of a readership
Than /qst/? Don't kid yourself.
>>
>>283298
>>283577
IIRC you CAN post smut but only as text (as seen in my Writequest). I hear image smut has to be linked to Imgur or the like.
>>
>>282698
Well he posted yesterday on that other forum
>Sorry I didn't give you all a heads up earlier, I didn't because I've literally had trouble keeping track of what day of the week it is. My mother is agitating loudly for me and her to trek back to my Grandmother's house up north (to continue preparing it for retail sale, which is going to involve a lot of outdoor/indoor labor/chores) and before we leave (round the '30th,) I've got to get things at least somewhat in shape around our own home; my father's pushing 70 and he just can't maintain five acres all on his own, especially with the work that's piled up and my little sister's disinclination to do anything.
>To top off this shit sundae, yesterday I went to mow the lawn and our lawn tractor broke.
>Oh, and I've been tearing away at the prep work for my book, which turns out to be a lot harder than I thought it'd be (big surprise there,) becuase I've got a powerful, powerful, powerful wish to not be a fucking failure still living in my parents basement at age 30 and that kind of takes precedence over a lot of other things right now, but despite that I've got to keep up my end around here because it's not like I'm paying rent like now and also I'd like to be living my own fucking life at some point no I'm not desperate why do you ask (yes I'm desperate jesus help me.)
>>
>>271440
>what is happening?

Mods aren't doing their job. If quest threads on /tg/ were banned as offtopic (which was the express purpose of having a board specifically for quests) we wouldn't be having this problem
>>
>>283298
posting here at all is already forbidden due to the "no meta topics" rule.

Take the "official" rules with a grain of salt.
>>
>>283298
See, the trick is that you need to realize that not a single mod gives a fuck about /qst/ and as long as nobody reminds them of it you can do whatever the fuck you want.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.