[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Upperdark Kobold Civ Quest - Part 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Kobold Civ logo.png (115KB, 791x340px) Image search: [Google]
Kobold Civ logo.png
115KB, 791x340px
Darkness. You lie in the darkness and think of all that has happened in the last month. Your home, the great kingdom of Drakka and last known settlement of kobolds in the Upperdark has fallen. Man-spider hybrids prey on the corpses of your friends and families and hunt you down at every turn. A strange beast roams the caves, an unstoppable force preying on any kobolds that travel unguarded. You have met other survivors, led by a friendly but odd pyromancer kobold.

When the Chitine hordes sounded their battlecry and charged into the city, burning everything they could find and killing all who called it home, you could do nothing but run alone through the darkness and try to escape with your life. For centuries, the bones of your ancestor, the last dragon stood guard over the city and provided sanctuary with the reptilian descendents etching out a living in the dark. Under the guardian dragon’s protection your people thrived in their home, however all fires die down eventually; the light once more fell to darkness.

Only now has the darkness begun to fade, overwhelmed by a light growing deep within the caverns of the Upperdark. Your name is Criproghad and you have found a settlement inside a large crater inside one of the cavernous openings in the dark. This is your chance to rebuild Drakka to its former glory, in a new and brilliant light. All you can hope is that your light can stoke the fires in the hearts of your new family to bring about a new age in kobold history before you fall to your own darkness.

“It’s time to head back, softscales. Your people have begun to wonder where you’ve gone; I can’t keep telling them their leader has left to drive himself mad in the dark caves.” You laugh a hissing laugh, and grab the arm of your friend as he helps you up. A new day has begun, and there is much to do if you are to reclaim your old home.

I’ll be posting recaps from all the main character’s perspectives so you have an idea of what’s happening, then a status and call for the first actions.
>>
File: kobold_guide_by_d_mac.jpg (155KB, 445x759px) Image search: [Google]
kobold_guide_by_d_mac.jpg
155KB, 445x759px
Criproghad:
Climbing down the sloping wall of the crater, your foot catches in a couple places as worn stone crumbles under you almost sending you falling down to your death. A new method of entrance may be needed soon to ensure the safety of your villagers, perhaps the pig tail fibers that have been harvested from the new farm would be useful for ropes.

You soon find yourself back in your home, a humble stone shelter containing your bed of tied together cave wheat and pig tail fibers, and a stone desk piled with stacks of books of which you have no comprehension. One is open on the bed and you search the pages for some discernable shape or character, however you are lost on where to begin with the runic scribbles that the book contains. One figure continues to catch your eye, as if you have seen it before somewhere but you cannot remember where. Sitting at the desk you sort through the bits of scrap you have collected and begin to work on your project, lights powered by magic that burn for eternity with only an original magic source as their fuel. This project will take much time to finish, however you feel you have made large strides so far. You lean back in your chair, much to do, but where to begin?

Goldemaar:
Returning from retrieving the only person in your new home you’ve come to think of as a friend, you can’t help but find yourself concerned for the little guy. He’s been spending much time in the darkness of the surrounding tunnels and with the threat of an unknown beast lurking in the shadows you can’t help but worry for his safety. Slink will be fine, Slink is always fine. He has grown to fear the beast so you have no concern for his safety; Criproghad however has no fear. Perhaps if you ease some of his stress over the concerns of the village he will ease up a bit.

You pat a child kobold on the shoulder, you’ve seen him sulking in the same alleyway for days now. His parents were never found when escaping from the city after they were separated while making their flight. Perhaps some more exploration of the caves may yield some insight into the whereabouts of the other refugees. Many villagers are also concerned for their new family’s safety with what everyone has come to call “the beast” stalking your hunters in the dark. This new threat may need to be confronted soon. Slink may have some more information on where The Beast hides, if you can get him to speak about it.

You sigh and take a deep breath to orient yourself to the new tasks, then smile as you see the three new pyromancer kobolds Ember has created finally returning from their training. Things will begin to look up, you’ll make sure of it.

I'll wait for a few replies to see if there's interest before I post the status block for the tribe.
>>
You got a map op?

Also bump for interest
>>
Bumping,
And second on the map request.
>>
File: Kobmap03.png (133KB, 1280x760px) Image search: [Google]
Kobmap03.png
133KB, 1280x760px
Population: 47 (17 green, 8 red, 7 black, 8 blue, 7 white)
Technology: Nets, Basic smelting, crude construction, basic pyromancy, crude farming, basic metalworking
Locations: Crater tribe, Pond Refuge, Cliff stream (dangerous climb), Warm Tunnels, Tiled Tunnels, waterwell

Pick two:
A) Explore [direction or location] [roll d20]
B) Build structure [roll d4]
C) Try to hunt or gather food [which kobolds] [roll d20]
D) Consult kobold or group of kobolds
E) Research [topic] [roll d8]
F) Continue Research [Magic lights; Criproghad; 7 turns]
G) Other [write in] [roll d20]
>>
Also here is the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/7anFgCfN
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>266541
Explore west past the tiled rooms considering I see what appears to be tunnel that way? Unless I'm wrong for some reason.

I'd do research but I have no idea what to research.
>>
>>266579
I second this.
>>
>>266579
>>266596

writing
>>
>>266615
Also, how much food do we have?
>>
File: LIDDARD.png (12KB, 515x231px) Image search: [Google]
LIDDARD.png
12KB, 515x231px
>>266615

Slink:
Recently recovering from a disasterous trip into the waterwell on the cliff, you once again feel the itch to explore the caves. You begin to head out and stop to recall the last time you went on your own and almost lost your life drowning in the pond. With what those in crater have begun to call “The Beast” still lurking and hunting kobolds, you decide taking some hunters with you would be the best choice for the trip. Gathering six of the hunters and one of your new pyromancers, you head out for the tiled room to explore once more the tunnels branching off from it.

While on your way to the tiled tunnel, you spot something becoming more common in the cave Crater is in: a bald pale skinned rat sniffing around the rocky floor. A hunter quickly spears it and the corpse is carried by a couple of the kobolds to take back to Crater.

When you arrive in the Tiled Room, the six-legged reptiles are still there, their beady black eyes slowing turning to face you in the light of a large blue crystal glinting in the roof of the cavern. They gather around the pool of water in the center of the room and lounge, making no reaction to your entrance. Continuing past the room takes you to a smoothly hewn tunnel branching off from the room.

>>Any business in the room before continuing on?
>>
>>266642

You get a sustainable amount from the cave wheat farm and receiving fish from Pond Refuge, but hunting for meat to add to the diet will make your villagers happy.
>>
>>266673
Try and look around to see where that rat may have come from. You may find the mother-lode/mother-swarm.
>>
>>266673
Can we communicate with the 6 legged reptiles?
>>
I heard rumors that Snow's quest is coming back this weekend. How are we going to make sure there's not two kolbold quests at the same time? I like both of these quests, and don't want to have to toggle in favor.
>>
>>266807

Tbh I'll probably only run today and maybe tomorrow if it has enough interest, I prefer to have a few votes per post though
>>
>>266673
what are those on their backs check it out
>>
Quest is kill, move along, move along.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.