[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knight Order Quest III

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 2

File: introIIjpg.jpg (116KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
introIIjpg.jpg
116KB, 900x900px
You are Alexandre Cazal, leader of the Order of Solcae, ordained by the King of Adderlund to protect the realm from the everpresent demon threat that haunts the land.

Last time, you captured a castle, saved some mutilated girls, killed some criminals, and announce your decision to embark on a quest! Lets see how Sir Cazal bears with the challenges that await him now!

Archive Link: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Knight+Order+Quest
Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/Ser_OP

I will update regularly Monday through Friday from 6:30 to 10pm EST, and weekends depending on how life goes.

Credit for picture due to same user who did last picture! I'm honored to be in the "Hosted Drawfags" club of OPs!
>>
Previous Action:
>>259393
"In our pursuit for resources to maintain our Order, I have decided to embark on a journey to Drissa, the Holy Nest, to humbly request funds for our organization. Lynx, Sir Quincy, and you three squires shall accompany me. We depart after two days. Any concerns?"

Quincy raises his hand. "Aye sir, we are a small band but you may notice our stables are smaller. How would a party of five travel with only two horses, exactly?"

You sigh and turn to Quincy. "Horses are just one of the many provisions we will deal with. There is also the fact of your lack of sword training, having been pulled away for quite some time." A small laugh can be heard from Wallace.

"Never fear, we will practice on the road, and in the two days we have to prepare hopefully. Now then, all of you, enjoy your dinner and I bid you good night." You cover your hilt with your hand, bow, and turn to leave for your chambers. As you lay in bed, you conjure up a plan for what you will do tomorrow.

> Train
> Examine the land*
> Trade with village for horses and equipment (buy or sell)*
> Research the Holy Nest in the library
> Write-in(?)

> The asterixed events will probably take you all day. Other events you can probably squeeze all into one day.

Days till journey: 2
>>
>>261901
>>
>>261901
>Research the Holy Nest in the library

Best know who we're dealing with first

SirOP how are we as far as our skill in swords, will we be able to train effectively?
>>
>>261901
>Research the Holy Nest in the library
>>
>>261960
Being nobles, you and Quincy were trained in sword combat as a child, though in Quincy's case his training ended abruptly following his arrest. You are well versed in techniques but still need practice in actual and play combat to reach an expert level

> Cazal: (3/3)
> Farraday: (2/2)
>>
>>261987
>>261960
Writing for this
>>
You figure it doesn't hurt to brush up on the lore, and summon your squires to fetch you books on the Old Histories first thing in the morning.

You dream of frightened villagers and fearsome demons. You shudder at the day you face them in battle.

In the morning, you find the scrolls and tomes of the Histories before you. Almost all of them are written by Nestors, who zealously record the mythos of the city. You recall it well from your instructor.

In the olden days before salvation, there were many kingdoms corrupted by sin, be it cold murder, cruel deviancy, and the worst of all, complete slavery. One slave however, born as its said under a bright blue comet, grew up preaching a message that to live as an unchaotic body, order and peace must be practiced. In a series of lectures dubbed the Virtues, a story of his message grew and with it, his followers. Unfortunately, the regent of Drissa found his words too revolutionary and ordered him to be put to death in the most gruesome manner: to be torn apart by the buzzards.

Upon the Prophet's Nest, a small plateau, the buzzards picked apart his flesh but his screams were reportedly never heard. He died with the greatest of the virtues in mind, that of courage.

Following his message, his followers dubbed themselves the Nestors and adopted originally the symbol of the buzzard, though over time the bird figure has slimmed and conformed to the cultural environments of which your religion travelled to. Drissa is now the headquarters of the Holy Nest, and the prime destination where peasantry and nobility alike travel to pray atop the Prophet's Nest and be absolved of sin.

You close the books and look through other scrolls. Here they describe the lineage of Drissa, which ends prematurely from 100 years ago. You remember that Drissa is one of the few polities that is not ruled by a sovereign leader, but rather by the organization of Nestors. A map of the area seems to put the distance a good weeks travel on horseback, four days longer on foot. The map also show Drissa border the seacoast going north before it turns west, highlighting the border of other smaller kingdoms.

Is there any other answers you're looking for that may be in the library?
> Write in (yes)
> No
>>
>>262191
No
>>
>>262191
>Write in (yes)

Who is the Spokesperson for the Nestors now? What is their position on the demons?
>>
>>262191
Have there been other demon slaying orders? What tactics and rituals have they used?
>>
File: up3.jpg (110KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
up3.jpg
110KB, 900x900px
>>262491
Bumping with a picture of Lynx.
>>
>>263002
Oops, left my tag on from another thread. Sorry for any confusion, I'm not OP.
>>
Does it live?
>>
Yes, gonna continue once I have comp access in like ~1hr
>>
Excuse my absence last night, got pretty busy and tired. Not the case today!

>>262437
You are not familiar on who the present head of the Nestors are, but you know its an elected position that merely serves as a voice of the higher assembly of Nestors, dubbed the Headnestors. The texts do not specify, but you think theres about 38 Nestors now, each representing a different Nest, whose borders were based off of the kingdoms of old.

The texts never mention the demons directly, but imply that their existence is a result of the struggle between the Almighty and the Malevolence. Seeing the Almighty's creations, the Malevolence seeks to corrupt men, and created the demons to march on the land in an effort to create a new world in his name. Its unknown how far back the demons have existed, but you know their first appearance to your region had been in the First Incursion only thirty years ago, and the Holy Nest is centuries old.

(1/2)
>>
With no other pending questions, you leave the bedroom to find it midday. The hot sun beats on the trainees, who continue to learn the art of swordsplay. Quincy, recently cleanshaven.
"My, Sir Quincy, whats the manner of your recent composure?" you ask curiously.

"Oh, my boyish charms you mean?" Quincy asks with sarcasm. "Well, it came to my attention that I am not a prisoner any more, so it makes no sense for me to look like one! A proper noble keeps himself well groomed, don't you think?"

You can't recall anything in your lessons from Nestor Arnau about noble ettiquette, but then again you don't remember visiting many nobles who did shave at all.

"I heardd you've been burying your nose in the Farraday Archives! What do you think?"

"I think it's remarkable how much information is stored on the Old Histories in your library." you answered honestly. "Had I been a Farraday, I bet I'd crawl out the womb with a book in my hand!"

Quincy laughs. "Now you see, my stories in prison were not just a ways to pass time, but a feverent passion! I should say, a prison cell is a fabulous place to read; the same silence as a library and nobody to disturb you!"

You aren't sure whether the analogy fits, but you haven't read much for leisure, only for learning.

"What are you going to do the rest of the day, sir?"

You think to yourself. "Good question. I think I will..."

> Train in archery
> Train in swordcraft
> Train in shield
> Train in horse riding
> Retire to bed
> Write in(?)

(2/2)
>>
Also, I'm thinking of moving the quest schedule so I'll start new threads Friday and then have the whole weekend so we'll just have one long, super-active thread instead of several short threads. THoughts?
>>
>>266450
>Train in horse riding
>>266454
I could work with that.
>>
>>266477
You grab your sword and climb atop a horse. You find that your companions are dueling each other, but they have set up wooden training dummies to practice some strikes on. For the remainder of your day, you ride around and attempt to strike the figure while still maintaining control of your horse. It takes a while, but by the end of the day you think you have the hang of it. You can now use Cavalry Strike (1/1) to initiate battle against a ground troop for a heavy damage output! Perhaps you will learn faster with a longer sword than your own, and consider stopping by the blacksmithy to ask for one.

Its getting late, and you decide to head to bed. Many jokes are made at the expense of Quincy's baby face and Auroch's unintentional pushing over of Kasering. You see that the training of the knights are bringing them closer and smile, knowing the friendship will help greatly in the future.

What will you do tomorrow?
> Train
> Examine the land*
> Write-in(?)

> The asterixed events will probably take you all day. Other events you can probably squeeze all into one day.

Days till journey: 1
>>
>>266559
>Trade with village for horses
It will make the trip to the Holy Nest faster.
>>
>>266559
>Trade with village for horses and equipment (buy or sell)*

Is the village on our way to the Nest as well? And what do we have to trade with?
>>
>>266594
>>266603
First thing in the morning, you ride down to the village with Quincy on horseback, with your weapons bundled in the back for the trade. You reach to find Winnow at the stables. She turns around to the sound of your steed's neighing.

"Why, its the Lord of the Lofty Castle!" she turns to Quincy. "Did you bring a squire milord? He looks quite like that fiendish one I saw last time, perchance a brother?"

Quincy grows a little irritated in his voice. "I'm the very same as you saw me before! My smooth chin is to reveal before you a presence of nobility."

She giggles, charmed by the reaction to her jest. "Anyway, what brings you down to our village, Sir?"

"I am taking up your offer to purchase a horse"

"Ah!" she cries. "Excellent! How many will you be needing?"

"At least one, but if possible four will do. I have little coin, but I have brought equipment if you are willing to barter."

Winnow smiles and thinks to herself, humming. "I have five horses ready to go, but two are aging and may not get to your destination at a proper horse's pace. The other three I'd hope not to part in one go, I use them to breed you see. I can take a look at your wares and come up with an estimate for what I'd be willing to trade." You nod and bring down weapons to show the trade. She pauses and continues. "OR, I can trade you my best horses for both your noble's cloaks."

Quincy is shocked. "W-what? Woman, would you have a king sell his crown? That cloak is his inheritance and worth! None could ever hope to own it!"

Winnow laughs again. "Relax milord, the cloak would only be a loan. I expect in your journey you'll return with plenty of riches to pay for all the horses you can ask for, so I can hold onto your cloak as insurance that you will take care of my horses. I can't hope to haggle down noble warriors protectn' us now can I?"

You take a look at your wares. You'd rather not sell your weapons that you had just bought, but you would still have the luxury of holding your own cloak. On the other hand, pawning a cloak off would not give you the noble status you felt so accustomed to, and that gave you special privileges in the past. You would certainly have it back, but would you sacrifice your status and ride as a commoner to the Holy Nest? You wonder in Quincy is willing to part with it, but you are sure you can easily convince him to give up nobility for a chance at knighthood.

Your tradeable items are worth a little less than the cost your bought them for.

Entire Inventory:
> 6 x Arrows by the bundle: 25 gold each
> 8 swords: 20 gold each
> 4 bows: 30 gold each
> 7 chainmail cuirasses: 20 gold each
> 1 set of leather studded pauldrons: 20 gold
> 1 set of leather studded shinguards and boots: 20 gold
> 4 iron shields: 30 gold each
> 1 two handed maul: 50 gold each

Horse Prices:
> 2 Old Horses: 200 gold each
> 3 Young, Healthy Horses: 500 gold each

> Pawn equipment
> Pawn cloaks (will be there when you return horses after journey)
>>
>>266713
>Pawn cloaks (will be there when you return horses after journey)

We can work with this, we're going to the Nestors begging anyways, this story only lends credence to our claim and to our devotion to our cause. We're willing to put aside all to hold the dark at bay.

Hell if we spin this right we can have a song and tale made about the founding of the Order and our Cloak-less Ride to the Holy Nest.

Be sure to tell Quincy as much as well, though he's still probably going to complain bitterly about it.

Just to make sure, we do still have something to prove our authority and legitimacy right?
>>
>>266713
>Pawn cloaks
>>
>>266753
>>266748
"Alright then, I'll take you up on your offer if it saves me coin." You remove your black and green cloak and fold it neatly, handing it over to Winnow. You wait a couple seconds, expecting to see a second pair of hands handing a cloak over. Only when you look up to see Quincy does he remove his cloak. "I-its no big deal Alexandre, we can just get new cloaks right?"

You smile weakly. "Sure, we can get travelling cloaks if you like." You admit, your heart beats like the rhythm of hoofbeats, but the deed is done and Winnow brings over two healthy horses to you. You reckon that the squires are small enough to share the horses with Lynx and themselves. "These are the best I can offer," Winnow says after the transaction, "as I still will need the mare for breeding in the spring. I expect the foul to start flowering, and you know what they say about the horse breeding." You chuckle emptily, even though you don't understand her meaning. Winnow offers to ride one of the horses with a fellow herder back with you up to the castle. On the way she thanks you for your business, and offers her services as a horse riding trainer in case you need practice before you depart.

"I thank you for the offer madam," you respond courteously, "but we are to leave in the morning I fear."

Quincy begins to speak up, speaking his mind to break his own eerie silence. "What are you going to do with the cloaks anyway, Winnow?"

She laughs playfully. "Perhaps fancy myself a noblewoman and travel with my mare? Don't worry milord, it will be safe and sound in our town, none shall know of it except for all of us, I promise."

You hope to the Almighty she does. A noble's cloak is incredibly expensive to manufacture, with special silk used to give it a special sheen and embroidered sigil. Even if you were to order a replacement with funds, it is a capital crime to impersonate a nobe and most seamstresses would refuse a request from a commoner.

You head into your castle bed, offering guest beds to Winnow and her companion. You wonder whether your choice was right, and what other decisions you will face on the journey to Drissa.

(1/2)
>>
>>266888

In the morning, the knights-in-waiting gather around. You mount atop the leanest horse, sporting spotted gray hair with a black mane. "I bid you gentleman farewell for now," you answer with strength. Aurochs, Wallace, the two penitents, and your last squire stand alongside Winnow and her companion.

"In my absence I hope you will train with great veracity. Our trials are coming soon gentlemen, and I hope we will all have the courage to face what lies ahead."

Your squires load the chest with the three cuirasses, your leather pauldrons and boots, and your shields. Lynx, Quincy, and yourself have swords strapped with their sheathes, and Lynx has his bow and Quiver strapped on his back.

"I leave Wallace in command for the time being. All administrative duties that require legible writing you can direct to my squire. Iff that is all, I will hope to return within two weeks at the latest!"

You wave your pleasantries and hamper off on your way.
For two days, you travel on the road back to the capital. From there, you manage to skirt the outside of the City walls to reach the road north to Drissa. From here, you expect it to take at least two days on horseback at the fastest, and three if you keep an even pace. You approach your last leg of your journey when you find what looks like a broken caravan and dead horses on the side of the trail, a couple hundred meters away from you down a hill. A woman cries from the distance.

"Help! help! I'm stuck beneath my own horse and can't move! Help!"

You naturally move your course, but Quincy stops you. "Its very typical for bandits to use a woman in distress as a trap, milord. We best be on our way now and ignore the inconvenience."

Lynx scoffs to your side. "Please Sir Quincy, only in your children's stories are such events common. Its actually quite rare for bandits to lure you into a trap at this time of day, so close to the path. I'm sure she will be fine to help, but if you want to reach Drissa by tomorrow night we'd best be on our way."

You ponder your choices. What will you do?

>(Honor) "A good knight will help any poor woman in need, no matter the risks"
>(Grim) "I'd much rather get to Drissa quickly, we shouldn't risk the action"
> Write In(?)

And that all you'll get from me today folks! Tune in tomorrow where we'll have a hopefully more active board and a more active OP!
(2/2)
>>
>>266995
>Honor: "A good knight will help any woman in need, no matter the risks."
>>
>>266995
>(Honor) "A good knight will help any poor woman in need, no matter the risks"

I think you and I are working under two different definitions of the word grimbut no matter, I shall be here tomorrow all the same

Thanks for running
>>
>>267012
>>267269
You turn your horse towards the carnage and declare "A good knight will help any woman in need, no matter the risks".

You edge your steed closer, but it grows uneasy near the corpse of its own kind. You dismount, your companions following you and the squires tending to the horses.

"Madam, are you quite alright? What happened, how did you get in this state?"

"Please, just free me quickly kind sir!" she cries almost instantly. Not wanting to agitate her farther, you push the corpse over with the added strength of Lynx and Quincy. You roll the corpse off her, only to find that attached to her ankles are a thick rope.

"Whats this?" You pick up the heavy rope, finding its trail cut off to inside the cart.

Quincy chuckles. "Looks like you are looking for a different kind of freedom madam."

She scowls. "Please, just free me and we can forget about this scene, eh? Cut the rope, and we'll be on our way."

Your companions await your actions eagerly. Your voice is caught, and you begin to ask a question.

> "What exactly happened here?"
> "Y-you're a criminal?"
> "Where is the cart driver?"
> Write-in
>>
>>270216
>"What exactly happened here?"

The truth might find us more lenient
>>
>>270216
> "What exactly happened here?"
>>
"What exactly happened here?"

She begins to look a little frightened at the question. "It was harsh gale that blew us. Yes, yes, very harsh. Flipped the cart over, and the horses died from the impact."

"But you didn't?" Lynx asks flatly.

"N-no sir, praise the Almighty, I'm fortunate enough to have my life."

Somehow the story seems too incredulous to you.

> "So you're a criminal?"
> "But where is the cart driver? And the others?"
> Write-in
>>
>>
>>270403
>>
"But where is the cart driver? And the others?"

She looks around. "Where are--- where--- ah yes, there were no cart drivers! I drove the cart myself!"

Quincy doesn't buy it. "Your leg is tied down, and it looks like your arms are too. How could you possibly drive the cart? And for what purpose?"

"Tell you what," she says immediately, "you release me from my bounds and I will answer all your questions."

Lynx taps your shoulder and beckons you back, a good distance away from her ear.

"Its obvious she's up to no good. I seldom see women jailed, so whatever her crime is must be terrible."

Quincy lowers his voice as he talks. "I think we shouldn't be so harsh, after all she might simply be paranoid."

"Paranoa doesn't stop the fact that she's a criminal, Sir."

"Aye, but so were we Lynx. Why should we be on a moral platform higher if we were in her place? I see no difference here"

"The difference," Lynx rasps sharply, "is that we obeyed and cooperated with the law to pay off our debts. She, on the other hand, sabotaged her own transport to escape confinement."

"Preposterous story!" Quincy almost shouts. "We don't even know if she's a prisoner, and even if she is, are we really going to leave her there? To be picked off by less decent folk?"

"Depends on her punishment" Lynx says somberly, then turning to you. "Milord, women are vicious for their viles. I'm afraid our friend Sir Quincy is distracted more by her own charm than proper logic. Why is she alive if the cart toppled over? How did she get there? What do you do to deserve something like this? I fear what we may unleash."

"Come now Lynx," Sir Quincy says, "I don't have an empty head as you may think. I know its a big risk to the world if we release someone that may be that dangerous. But thats still a possibility of danger. Besides, what if she's on a path to redemption as we are? Don't you believe that every man, and even woman, should have another chance?"

You are conflicted with a problem of morality versus the law. You look back at the rope and decide to yourself,

> Free her (cut the rope)
> Leave her to her fate
> Write-in

You are allowed to come up with creative solutions you know, that Write-in is there for a reason!
>>
>>270620
> Write-in
Leave her tied up until she answers our questions.
>>
>>270635
This. shifty ass lady.
>>
Gonna wait 15 more minutes to hear more responses!

>>262491
>Have there been other demon slaying orders? What tactics and rituals have they used?

Sorry, didn't see this!

There have been orders of priests and orders of merchants, but never before an order of knights. As far as you can recall, even in stories knights sell their services for favors, fame, and fortune to lords, sometimes permanently and other times wandering. Yours is the first order of knights that doesn't serve the interests of one man, but instead of the wellbeing of the realm.
>>
You sigh. "I can't make a decision without knowing all the facts." You approach the woman and ask her harshly, "Who are you really? What happened and where are the others?"

She shakes her head and laughs nervously. "Look traveller, I already answered your questions."

You don't buy it. "You lied to me."
"No I'm not, I told you all that has happened! Now you have to untie me, please!"

You crouch to meet with her face to face. "I won't leave you until I get the answers I'm looking for."

She smiles slyly. "Seems you have a fancy in me traveller? Perhaps I can make it worth your while if you untie me?"

You drone out her voice and order your men to set camp. This may take a while...

Till dusk, you berate the convict with questions, only to get the same two or three responses insisting she's telling the truth. You hope she will break eventually, but for now you are tired and want to rest.

A full moon shines over the camp. You look around to see your squires already asleep, and Quincy grooming his face. Lynx is nowhere to be seen, but you figure he is taking care of business in private.

"What is your name, woman?" you ask.
"L-Lily" she says in the same tone of voice. You reckon she's either using a fake name, or her story actually holds merit.
"Lily, please, we are not here to hurt you, we can help but only if you help us with question."

She spits at the ground nearby. "And I told you, I don't want to share nothing with a nosy traveller. You're an awful stubborn man, you know? I don't even know if you will free me after I talk all my secrets, huh, just wanna know all about me thats right."

Your eyes light up. "So you admit to having secrets?"

She answers naturally. "Aye, you won't leave me until I've told you something you don't, eh? But I've told you all thats true, and you still aren't budging, dumb stranger."

The woman irritates you, but you have the patience and willingness to find the truth no matter how long the wait.

A slight rustling goes by, and you look over to your right. You see a few shadowy figures approaching your camp. The light of the fire doesn't reach them, but you can sense their presence.

"Show yourselves!" Quincy approaches, noticing the disturbance as well. Five men emerge, clad in leather and steel wielding some small blades and clubs. You can tell they are not friendly passer-bys. What do you do?

> Intimidate
> Negotiate
> Initiate combat
> Write-in
>>
>>270916
> Negotiate
>>
> Intimidate
'My patience is already been frayed enough tonight.' nod toward Lilly 'I would gladly vent my frustrations on a more suitable target.' Then pull our sword to the ready.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

1. >>270948
2. >>270975
Unless someone wants to break tie
>>
>>271150
They have weapons drawn what'r we negotiating who dies first?
>>
>>271157
Without Lynx here, I'm not sure our party of three squires and two armed men will be able to intimidate all five of them.
>>
>>271180
Ok ok I can see what your getting at. Still feel like it ends in blood. But I understand your careful approach quest friend.
>>
Seeing yourselves outnumbered, you attempt to negotiate with the fiends.

"Hello friends, theres no need for violence in these parts. We can find some common ground, what do you want?"

They all slowly approach, intimidating your party. The lead man answers to him, "We waunt whatehver's in dad chest ye brouught." You look over to where your squires are resting, recalling the chest has your gold, armor, and weapons. What should you do?

> Give up chest
> Negotiate fewer items (1d10, at least one item will be lost)
> Run to grab your swords and stand!
> Try and stall for Lynx to return (1d10)
> Write in

Roll a 1d10 to initiate a fight. Going to use d10 instead of 1d6 for rolls from now on.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>271321
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>
>>271350
>>271342
You try and be as loud as you can, so that Lynx can hear you, wherever he is.
"You would not like our chest stranger, theres little gold or food inside."

"Ye can't fool me ye scavvie" the man growls "Ain't noo man like yeself to afford a chest oof that size. Noo doubt ye stealn it, which makes oos both thieves. And a thief got noo honor, right?"

You recognize that these men are most likely raiders and scavengers. You try and think of what might appeal to them.

"We have but one chest and you have five people. How can you possibly divide up the loot inside? I think its better to be on your way, to avoid rights and conflict, friend."

The bandits laugh, and you cringe at the reaction to your poor quality response. But there seems to be some disturbance, and as you had hoped, arguments erupt from the bandits among ownership rights of the loot.

You notice a little motion from the forest, and see what must be Lynx, with a bow and quiver. When did he get that from the chest? Did he take it with him in the woods? Doesn't matter now, it seems he is awaiting your signal to attack the men if he so chooses. What do you do?

> Signal to strike the bandits
> Signal to shoot near the bandits and scare them
> Signal to come out and join you in front of the bandits
> Write in(?)
>>
>>271449
> Signal to strike the bandits
It'll catch them off guard, and they may get run.
>>
>>271467
*they may run
>>
>>271467
Supporting.
>>
>>271533
>>271467
A few arrows strike one of the bandits in the chest, falling heavily. Two of them are confused and immediately duck for cover, one of them looks into the trees sword armed, and one is running away towards the main trail. The remaining are just disoriented enough for you and Quincy to run back and grab your swords and shields from the chest, now open by an awakened squire. Chainmail is hastily thrown on yourself and Sir Quincy right when the two bandits face you and charge with swords. What should you do? (Roll 1d10)

> Charge, with sword raised to chop downwards
> Stand ground, shield held forward and sword back
> Approach cautiously, shield back and sword pointed for jabbing
> Write in (?)

Your sword roll bonuses:
Cazal: (3/3)
Farraday: (2/2)
>You can add as many points to your roll as you like, it will regenerate with rest and grow with practice
>Let me know who is attacking and whose bonus you use.
>>
Rolled 10 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>271659
> Approach cautiously, shield back and sword pointed for jabbing (Cazal)

Is this how you want it?
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

> Stand ground, shield held forward and sword back
>>
>>271684 (Just to speed things along)
You approach cautiously as the two men charge. As they strike down with all their strength, you raise your shield, absorbing the shock. They hold their hands back for another strike, but this time you lunge, adding force to your sword with one hand, and gore the man on the right. The second warrior is frightened but doesn't escape, holding his sword up. He deflects the strikes from Sir Quincy, but is greatly fatigued by the harrasment. What now?
(1d10) + (optional bonus)

> Cut towards his chest
> Cut towards his limbs
> Cut towards his sword hand
> Knock him down
> Write in
Cazal: (1/3)
Farraday: (2/2)
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>271799
> Cut towards his chest

Farraday
>>
Rolled 7 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>271799
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>271844
This'n
>>
Sir Quincy adopts the noble's stance, shield at the rear and sword pointed forward, and slices down across the chest. The blade tears into the armor and makes a large cut into the stomach. The bandit managed to get one last swing in, making a sharp scraping pitch.

You look up and hear some noise from the forest. To your right, you see a bandit closing distance to your horses and Lily. Quincy awaits your command.

> "Protect the horses, I'll help out Lynx"
> "Assist Lynx, I'll stand ground with the horses"
> Write in
>>
>>271970
> "Assist Lynx, I'll stand ground with the horses"
>>
>>271979
Supporting this.
>>
>>271979
>>272000
"Assist Lynx, I'll stand ground with the horses"

Quincy nods and rushes into the dark forest. You shuffle as quick as you can in between the horses and the incoming bandit. Unlike his friends, this man doesn't charge aimlessly, and has a thicker variant of leather armor on. He returns to a menacing pose, sword arm out and off hand back, with what you think may be a dagger. What now? (1d10)

> Taunt him into attacking you
> Charge, with sword raised to chop downwards
> Approach cautiously, shield back and sword pointed for jabbing
> Write in (?)

Cazal: (1/3)
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>273171
>Approach cautiously, shield back and sword pointed for jabbing.
>>
>>273193
You assume the position, but raise your sword a little too high. The bandit lunges in the spot not covered by shield or sword and knicks the chainmail in quick succession. You wince at the pain, and let the shield carry you downwards. The bandit now stands over you, both hands on his sword ready to plunge into you. What do you do? (1d10)

> Raise your shield to protect yourself
> Roll out of the way and onto your feet
> Try to quickly stab him in his chest with your blade
> Write-in

Cazal: (0/3)
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>273542
>Raise your shield.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>273542
> Try to quickly stab him in his chest with your blade
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

1. >>273582
2. >>273611
>>
>>273582
>>273813
You weakly raise your shield, hoping to cover your face and chest. The raise was too late however, and the blade plunges deep into your side.

"ARRRGH!" A pool of blood quickly envelops you. You don't move too much, at risk that you may lose more blood, but it seems your cries have alerted your companions. Your opponent fades from your vision, and the last you can hear before you descend into sleep is cries saying "Milord..."

You awake, to your surprise, to your squires patching dried cloth across your gash. They hold you in place so that you can't open the wound again.

Lynx lifts his head and offers you water, which you take greedily. You feel better after having been hydrated. "W-what happened?" you ask meekly.

"We slaughtered three of em' milord" Lynx replied, "But the other two took a horse with him."

You cry in frustration. Winnow would not be pleased when you returned with one horse for her. "Everything else is fine?"

"Aye," Lynx said solemnly, "Our chest hasn't been tampered with and our convict is still in bounds, stubborn as always. I haven't pushed her farther, thought you might want to discuss things with her yourself."

You breathe a little sigh of partial relief and exhaustion. You know that it will take a while for your wound to heal, leaving you vulnerable to others who may come in future nights, so it'd be best to be on the road. The only thing keeping you here is the convict's stubbornness, and the potential length of your healing. You beckon towards a squire, and tell him

> To help you reach your horse, you're going to leave for Drissa for medical assistance
> To bring you before the convict to help clear this matter up for good.
> To bring Sir Quincy to tell him and Lynx to search for the horse thief. You don't want to leave camp until all your belongings are in order.
> Write in
>>
>>273885
Bring Quincy and search for the thief.
>>
>>273885
>> To bring Sir Quincy to tell him and Lynx to search for the horse thief. You don't want to leave camp until all your belongings are in order.
>> Write in
the woman is our captive she will be brought to the nearest city for justice
>>
>>276840
Supporting, but I don't want to hand the woman over until we know more about who she is/what she's done. We can worry about that later though.
>>
>>281775
what are you OP in?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.