[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zompocalpyse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 787
Thread images: 32

File: zombie-background.jpg (801KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zombie-background.jpg
801KB, 1920x1080px
OOOH SHIT ZOMBIES!!!

Welcome to Zompocalpyse! An RPG with building/managing aspects where you, the player, create your character and lead your people through these trying times!

Firstly, where are you based (roll 1d100)

1-25= New York City (face it, being in urban areas suck)
26-50=Somewhere in New England (less crowded than NYC but still populous enough to cause troubles)
51-75=Somewhere in the South (more farms, living space, unlooted towns etc)
76-100= Somewhere desolate (a practically complete safe area with food and supplies aplenty)
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

Hoping for the South
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

Let's see.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>251644
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>251644
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>
Looks like we're firmly in New England, could someone details roughly the lands of the state? Lots of big cities with sprawling surburbs? farmlands? Any military bases; naval, airforce or something?
>>
Somewhere with islands and a boat. A half mile of water would do a lot for security.
>>
>>253759
agreed
>>
Hey guys I am here, I usually don't stay up that late however. I will be here most of the day.
>>
>>253843
So, are we all making our own characters and part of a same group, or are we rolling for one character? If so then it looks like we're in New England, what's next.
>>
You'd all be rolling out your own character, but to keep it simple, you have 13 points to spend in one of six categories and you all start at 1 and then write in your weapon of choice (preferred weapons get +2 on attacks), your name and 3 skills with 1 negative one e.g alcoholic, hot-headed, dictatorial etc.
>>
Shit forgot categories:

Strength:
Dexterity:
Resilience:<--(it's Constitution)
Intelligence:
Wits:
Charisma:
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>253845
So if we're in different places I can see some people being completely isolated from everyone else, is that intended?

Rolling anyways since this is interesting.
>>
>>253850
If you've played State of Decay, I got a lot of influence from that.

I was thinking more along the lines of a group of survivors in some shitty safe-house. A kind of "started from the bottom, now we're here" story.
>>
>>253851
>State of Decay
My Nigga

Strength:4
Dexterity:3
Resilience:4
Intelligence:3
Wits:3
Charisma:2

Gonna go with Heavy weapon(axes and sledgehammers).
Gonna need a list of the skills available before
>>
>>253853
Make them up! They have no technical value to them other than how you would make decisions or how the decisions I make affect you etc. Like a dictatorial kinda guy will want to keep order no matter what, while a meek or anxious guy may opt out of scavenging runs or is just generally scared.

All I ask is be reasonable, don't put down something like "can run forever or can bend steel" you are a normal human in a shit world.
>>
I would have no problem with you adding in your own little bonuses based on traits like Great eyesight helps you with scoped weapons or being a bodybuilder gives you more stamina or a better attack etc.
>>
>>253856
Powerhouse: Can carry more, can hit harder, can run longer, but is a bit slower moving all that weight along.
Nearsighted: Malus to long range firing
Down his luck: find less loot overall, sometimes though they are of better quality than the regular stuff

Gerald Montgomery
>>
Gerald Montgomery

Strength:4
Dexterity:3
Resilience:4
Intelligence:3
Wits:3
Charisma:2

Heavy weapon(axes and sledgehammers).+2 to Heavy Weapons

Powerhouse: Can carry more, can hit harder, can run longer, but is a bit slower moving all that weight along.
Nearsighted: Malus to long range firing
Down his luck: find less loot overall, sometimes though they are of better quality than the regular stuff

That is your character sheet now.

I think I'll start with just you but I need a smoke first, I will brb.
>>
Day 1:

It's been one month since the outbreak. The army abandoned their last military checkpoints two weeks ago when it simply could not be contained and have retreated to naval carriers and oil drills in the ocean leaving those who are living to their own survival, you are one of these survivors.

It's a cold, fall morning in the town of East Brookfield, MA. It is a small town but only about 15 miles west of Worcester, the second most populous city of New England. Most of the people have either fled west or have succumbed to the virus. Your "safehouse" is a gated-in boat club right next to a river and lake and to the west is the town center which is practically untouched but being this close to the city, the spillage of zombies through here has grown exponentially in the month since the outbreak began.

Mulling over your choices, you have managed to boil it down to three:

>Go towards the town center
>Stay and assess the situation of your safehouse
>Head east towards the city
>>
Strength:6
Dexterity:4
Resilience:2
Intelligence:1
Wits:2
Charisma:4

Weapon of Choice: Blunt weapons (improvised baseball bats and such)

Tommy Jacob Walker

Skills
Home-run Hitter: Stronger attacks if he's using a proper A-grade baseball bat.
Old Athlete: Despite ending his career a couple years ago, Tommy is still faster/stronger than the common man.
Adrenaline: Used to controlling and using his bodies adrenaline to accomplish his goal, however this can turn on him and send him into panic.

Negative Traits
Smoker: Is addicted to cigarettes ever since he switched to them in high-school, and the end times seems like a really hard time to quit. Has trouble breathing if he's exhausted and sometimes goes into nasty coughing fits.

Anxiety: Doesn't do well in high-stress situations, can go into panic attacks if he doesn't have anything to calm down.
Background

Tommy was raised by his divorced, sports-loving father, who pushed him into playing baseball from an early age. Tommy didn't exactly enjoy the sport but made many friends among the club, and as he grew he began to exude a natural talent for the game. His amazing performance continued into his teenage years, and with his fathers constant motivation (which just felt like pressure) a professional career didn't seem too far-fetched. Unfortunately the stress from trying to perform well impacted his studies and his mental health. Tommy found solace in light drug use after spending some time with the more artistic students, his stress was relieved and he could finally ball without any pressure or stress. Unfortunately it didn't take long for his father to find out and go berserk, nearly attacking him for what he considered 'destroying his own life'. Afterwards he tried to explain drug tests and how his use of the drug would destroy any chances of a pro career. Tommy tried to go clean but eventually realized he couldn't perform well without some form of stress relief, so he turned to smoking, which wasn't so uncommon among his friends.

Cigarettes didn't help as much as his favored smoke, but it still did the trick, and if he could keep his career on track it was worth it, right? Time passed until he finally had a chance to try out for a pro team, he did well and actually landed a spot as a backup. When the time came for him to shine, he crumbled, he couldn't hit a single damn ball. No amount of stress relief would save him when the lights were all on him, the crowd, the screaming. It was all too much. Needless to say he was cut from the team for playing awful, which crushed his life. Tommy fled his hometown and settled down somewhere in New England, his life had been spent training for that one thing, and it was destroyed in an instant. Now he just works as a gas station worker, filling up cars and cleaning windshields.

Currently he is age 24
>>
>>253870
>>Stay and assess the situation of your safehouse
Let's see what we need to make our life more bearable.
>>
>>253875
Damn, good job!

Well, look above and you'll see that there are three choices to make.

I am trying to keep the writing as open-ended as possible so that way there isn't a specific choice for specific situations, both good and bad can come out of choosing something.

There will be d20 rolls mostly except during combat which will be dependent on your weapon of choice which I will list now:

Non-Projectile weapons: Small (knives, daggers, hatchets etc) 2d6 for damage
Medium: (baseball bats, rebar, "pointed sticks") 2d8
Large: (Axes, Sledgehammers, Shovels) 2d10

Projectile weapons (requires an accuracy roll of 1d20 first)

Small: (pistols, SMG's, revolvers etc) 1d6 per shot with a maximum of three per turn so you would write first 1d20 and THEN 1d6 per shot so 3d6 or 2d6 etc

Medium: (semi-auto, burst, sniper rifles) 1d8 per shot

Large: (RPG's, LMG's, Mounted guns) 1d12 per shot

Shotguns: 1d4 far away, 1d6 medium range, 2d8 up close.

You can revise your character sheet to have these numbers on them and remember, your preferred weapon gains a +2 bonus always but only for preferred weapons.
>>
>>253870
>Stay and assess the situation of your safehouse

Not going to head out without my partner in crime over here, in particular i want to check for any holes in our defense or objects we can scrap for parts.
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

The above will be DM's event roll and depending on the number, a slew of different situations could arise.

I will tell you guys when to roll d20's and what not but I think allowing me to throw out random d100 event rolls keeps you on your toes so without further ado...
>>
>>253881
Best thing would be to pool our knowledge of the Zeds, can they open doors or climb up a ladder? Do they detect by noise?
>>
>>253886
"When the outbreak first started I saw this....Sorry, just, it was a pretty gory scene. Ehm, this one guy that lived across the street from me was in his car waiting for his wife to get the kids, only thing is, the car was turned on. Poor fucker didn't even realize it before he was surrounded by 10 of those things. Wifey came back to his man gettin' torn apart...It's still hard for me to talk normally, thinkin they might just surround me the same way..."

(just shootin the breeze, honestly i'd need GM to give us some details for me to actually pool my characters experiences with the zeds)
>>
Looking over your new-found home, you notice RIGHT off the bat that this place isn't "up to code." By that I mean the surrounding fence has large openings, there is no gate behind the boat clubhouse so a zombie could just kinda...wander in. The windows aren't busted but they are also have thin panes of glass. Also you notice you only have two row-boats and a paddle-boat. You have food stores that will last you a few weeks and you can boil water from the river but the fishing supplies are dangerously low (line, reels, lures and hooks) but thankfully the boats aren't in disrepair.

Mostly, your problems are the fence and finding materials to upkeep the gate and boats.

>>253888
I want to keep it open-ended as a narrative to leave open your options to create your own dialogue. I've actually had problems where people would say "that is NOT how my character would go about this" or "can you change up the personality?" I feel like me writing dialogue only brings up further issues and therefore I leave it to the player to write in what they want. You could have had little to no experience with Zeds or a born zombie-slayer.
>>
>>253888
Yeah, loud noises seems to attract them, so we should stock up on stuff that make noises and use them to create a distractions. Firecrackers, kitchen timers, old style alarm clocks, they are small enough and plenty enough for us to find around, never leave the safe house without a few.

Bright lights also seems to lure them in, especially at night, I've saw a few of them gather around a fire and I managed to pass by by being rather sneaky, if we can put a fire away from our camp we could clear a portion of the area, at least for a while.
>>
Whoops, roll a d20 plus Intelligence for this event!

Eventually, you'll get in the groove as to what dice rolls you'll need.
>>
Rolled 9 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>253895
>>
Rolled 18 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>253895
>>
>>253897
nice save
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

Scouting around the area, you notice that, thanks to some divine miracle, you see sheet-metal next door behind the next house over. He must have been a welder but regardless, you thank every god for this opportunity. Sneaking over to the house next door, you and Gerald take as much of the metal sheets as you can, you find some nails in the tool-shed as well as a couple of small hammers.

The two of you get to work immediately. Patching up holes, digging a trench to begin work on the back fence.

By the end of the day, most of the holes are covered up with sheet metal and the very beginnings of a gate in the back has taken shape...but it was a lot of noise....
>>
Thankfully however, the noise wasn't loud enough and only a couple of zombies begin to show up.

Begin combat: 4 slow zombies with a health pool total of 25.
>>
Rolled 8, 4 = 12 (2d10)

>>253904
I guess
>>
>>253905
I know, combat can be kinda boring right now, I am making this up as I go so once I get some good combat mechanics down, I will try to make it more dynamic than just telling you to roll dice. It's a little bit difficult on 4chan to make dice rolling more interactive but hey, I'll try.
>>
Rolled 4, 1 = 5 (2d6)

>>253892
"Firecrackers, that's good, noise might be our greatest tool here. If bright lights actually lure them we could make some traps pretty easily, but y'know that also means it might not be safe to have any lights up at night, which is a problem because I need to see the zombies to bash them." Tommy makes an audible gulping sound, he starts to look unnerved, as if he's remembered an embarrassing childhood memory.
"Thing is..I...I saw one that seemed to break the rules that the other ones followed, I only saw it for a few moments, it was oozing this black stuff, think it was blood or something...It didn't give a damn about eating, or noise, or anything, it just stood their looking around, like it was confused or something, and then...." Tommy goes silent and kneels on the ground, rubbing his forehead a bit.
"It just sprinted off, faster than anything I've ever seen...You probably don't believe me, shit, I don't believe me either." Tommy smiles after a little while,
"Maybe I didn't see it actually, I was freakin' out real hard too I gotta' say, this was still back when shit was REAL crazy." His smile drops after a few moments, replaced with a look of concern.

>>253899
(lol thanks, the idiot became smart for a moment!!)

>>253904
Tommy doesn't notice the zombies until one finds it's way through one of the few remaining holes in the perimeter, seeing the shambling horror causes him to almost shit himself, but since he's been rationing for so long he maintains bodily control. Tommy looks to Gerald "Sh-SHIT! W-Watch out Gerald we got visitors, make sure they don't sneak up behind you either, not sure how many there are!"

Tommy makes use of the small hammer and runs towards the closest visitor, bashing the suckers head a couple times with the blunt side, paying close attention not to stay within the zeds reach for too long.

(So I'm not really sure if I start with my preferred weapon or not, and also I'm guessing small hammers fall under the 'small' category?)
>>
>>253906
You've read Deniable Asset Quest? It had a dice system that was considered one of the best for fast paced combats and other stuff. It took a bit to get one's head around it but once you did it allowed for a lot of nervous, on the fly thinking
>>
>>253909
Care to explain it? I would love ideas.

Yes, you can start with a preferable weapon and when you write in your attack you also add +2 so yeah, pretty much in order to not explain every weapon in the world, consider small weapons 1 handed or dual wield, medium to be light 2H and heavy to be harder to swing 2H.

If there are ways to make combat more interactive and interesting toss me ideas!

So far, two zombies are down but one starts shambling towards Tommy at an increased rate and is almost upon him.

(I have plenty of zombie ideas, these are lvl 1 uber noob zombies)
>>
>>253913
http://pastebin.com/KypPFgFr
>>
>>253915
Okay, yeah, DEFINITELY using this system. It's amazing but minus out all the augments and technology.
>>
>>253913
>one starts shambling towards Tommy at an increased rate and is almost upon him.
get behind something so it has to get around you and get it when it round up the obstruction, a table or a big potted plant, bashing their knees works as well.

Hell I could try throwing a chair at the fucker's back
>>
Here, read these rules I will be using this system after this battle.

Phase 1: Tactical Assessment

The QM, from here on referred to in the first person, gives a description of the area that the players are about to engage in. This includes the layout of the room, where enemies are located, what enemies there are, and other points of interest, such as civilians, technology, and other things that don’t strictly fall into the scenery or hostiles categories.

Player may upgrade their senses with gene mods or implants, or enhance their neural processing power with further implants to give them a more complete tactical picture. For instance, an eye implant with thermal vision may detect a guard crouching behind a reception counter that un-augmented vision would miss. Processing power allows more of the room to be surveyed before we move on to the next phase.

Phase 2: Plan of Attack

At this point, the players will decide and vote on a plan of attack for the room. The plan of attack is a sequence of actions that the MC will take. Each action is rolled on with a 3d10, and are given varying difficulties. For example, moving to cover is almost always a low difficulty check, as in DC 3 or something like that, while shooting a man from 100 meters with your handgun would have a much higher DC, perhaps around 26.
>>
>>253916
The QM later on made another quest where the MC was a bat wielding mafia enforcer that fought supernatural shits and was cracking heads left and right
>>
Minus all the gene implants and mods of course.

Phase 3: Rolls

Players roll 3d10 to determine success of their actions. Rolls are applied to their respective actions, IE, if the first action is “move to cover” the first roll is applied to it, and so on. Failing a roll can range from a missed shot to you becoming pinned or even hit while moving to cover. I guarantee that no single crit fail can kill you. However, a series of failures may.

Phase 4: Assault

I finally write the result of your plan of attack and rolls. If needed, we go back to phase 1 and continue looping through the four phases until all hostiles are eliminated or otherwise compromised.
>>
So with two zombies left, both of you make one more attack roll using the old system.
>>
Rolled 3, 1 = 4 (2d10)

>>253922
>>
>>253924
oh my, that's some shit roll there.
>>
Rolled 6, 5 + 2 = 13 (2d8 + 2)

>>253917
>>253922
"WHY DON'T YOU THROW A CHAIR AT THEM?" Tommy yells, whipping around to face the quickly approaching zombie, kick it back before running over to the left-over sheet metal.
"My bat, my bat, where's my fuckin' bat...There!" With a strained expression he grabs the pool cue (his 'bat') raising it up and turning around to face the zed chasing him, with a powerful swing he aims to break the zombies knee's before trying to finish him off.
>>
With the four dead zed's laying around your safehouse, you feel like you can relax a little bit with the work done.

Night 1:

Dusk has fallen on East Brookfield, with most of the patching completed, your group feels a little more ease with the added protection and decide to break open a can of beans and canned pork and have a little feast. All is fine but out of the blue, you hear a banging at the gate, not random banging but as if someone is knocking on the door and then the yelling starts "LET US IN!!!! WE'RE GONNA DIE OUT HERE!!! THEY'RE COMING!!! HELP!!!!"

Do you:
>Open the gate
>Keep it closed and ignore them
>Keep it closed but meet them outside.
>>
>>253930
>>Keep it closed but meet them outside.
>>
>>253930
>Keep it closed but meet them outside.
Tommy stacks some of the zombie corpses to try to get a look at what these people look like, and if anything is actually chasing them.

Tommy looks to Gerald "I don't trust it at all man, this sounds just like that one TV show where they ended up bein' bandits and shit.." He whispers cautiously.
>>
>>253930
Do we have a map of the area? might have to go on scavenging runs now that we're headed for having more people.
>>
>>253933
Let's kill them.
>>
From the looks of them, there are 4 of them, but among them is someone much smaller, a child. In the distance you hear the distinct guttural moans of a zombie, then more, then more until it starts to drown your ears out. The people begin to scream and you hear child-like wailing. "PLEASE, WE'LL DIE OUT HERE!!!" One of them begins to try and smash the gate...

>>253935
at least make a character first lol
>>
>>253935
OH MY GOD THE VOICES IN MY HEAD ARE TELLING ME TO KILL AGAIN
>>
>>253933
>the zombie corpses
Another thing we'll need to find out, if we haven't found it in the settings, does the smell of the dead zombies acts as a repellent of a sort and makes other zombies avoid the place? We could set up a few corpse by the entrance and rotate them when the smell becomes too much, that and look if cleaning products works the same way.
>>
I'm Greg. I once won second in a hotdog eating contest. I'm also a huge liar.
>>
>>253936
Okay, open the gate and tell them to keep quiet.
>Sheesh, people. How could you survive that long without figuring out.
>>
>>253938
We can leave that up to future experimentation if you want to, with Tommy's stats I don't see him being clever enough to try to use corpses or anything as a deterrent, at least not within the first month of this apocalypse.

>>253936
Tommy will let Gerald open the gate, but he's obviously on edge and quickly losing it, not knowing how many zombies might be rocketing towards the gate.
"You fuckin idiots are gonna get us ALL killed by making such a racket.." Tommy readies his bloody pool cue in case any of the dead try to run through the opening.
>>
>>253937
Aww shit, man calm down. It's just Greg trying to stir shit. Light up a smoke will ya, even though that shit isn't good for you
>>
>>253942
I think we'll need to experiment somewhere away from our camp so we don't bring in any zeds to our front door, but yeah gonna have to find the time later on
>>
>>253942
Grab some like a pipe.
>>
In what seems like a flash, before you can open the gate, they have descended upon your mini fort but not before the four people climb the fence in a last act of desperation. With the front gate swarmed by a small horde of about 20 zombies, the panic really begins to set in as the zed's are rocking the gate back and forth. Prepping for imminent death, it seems you have the favor of the Lord today as you hear an explosive bang go off maybe a mile down the street which attracts the zombies even more than an attempt at food....one of you observes this behavior and finds it incredibly strange but you're not one to question a miracle.

Now then onto the group: How do you handle the situation:
>Aggressively
>Deviously
>Diplomatically
>>
>>253940
You gonna need to flesh out a bit more.
Get some stats and some skills/drawbacks
>>
>>253946
>>Diplomatically
Well hello there, nice of you to introduce yourself to the neighbors but we could all do without the zombie gifts don't you think?
Sorry, being cranky doesn't help anyone so how about a fresh start? I'm Gerald Montgomery, and here are my friends....
>>
>>253945
Oh, I need stats?

Strength:3
Dexterity: 3
Resilience: 2
Intelligence: 4
Wits: 3
Charisma: 4

Weapon of choice: Sharp things.

Skills
Great at thinking things up on the spot
Knows how to tie most knots
Extremely Careful

Negative Traits
Can't shoot for shit

Anxiety: Scared of any Earthquake, small or large

Greg (Or so he calls himself) was a boyscout for about 2 years before he ran away from home. He isn't very strong, but he survived somehow. He has a lot of scars that didn't heal over well, though, suggesting he doesn't know much about medicine. Overall, he's mentally stable and can stay calm in MOST situations. He's also kind of... Well, let's just say his brand of humor is only somewhat inviting.

>>
>>253946
Yeah, we can handle this Diplomatically.
>>
>>253943
Tommy looks at Gerald for a moment with a shocked face. "Gerald...How do you know about Greg...I'm the only one that knows abou"
>>253945
Dammit Greg, shut up, I don't need this now. There isn't even a pipe around for me to grab, fuck you!

>>253946
Tommy can't help but wonder why they didn't climb the fence beforehand, but quickly he forgets the thought as chaos descends. The sound of dozens of zombies bashing on the gate rattles the young man to his core, and despite the fact that death is looming precariously over him, he decides to light a cig.
"Five left. Damn, was looking forward to smoking these, too.."
The explosion almost causes Tommy to drop his cig as it falls out of his mouth, but some deft hands stops the disaster from occurring and he fits it back in his lips and takes a drag.
"That wasn't far off, god dammit what is even happening anymore. Haven't had this much commotion in weeks!"
>Aggressively
Tommy immediately punches one of the fuckers in the face and takes a few steps back in case they try to fight back. "FUCK YOU ASSHOLES RUINING MY GOOD DAY, WE HAD SOME GOOD SHIT GOIN' HERE AND YOU JUST RUN IN AND FUCK IT ALL RIGHT TO HELL!!!"
>>253951
This is gonna be strange because Tommy has an imaginary apocalypse-friend named Greg.
>>
>>253948
>here are my friends
*THUMP*
hahaha

sorry, i know that wasnt the best decision but Tommy isnt too bright and in a really bad mood after that chain of events
>>
>>253951
Fuck none of us is good with a gun? That's gonna be fun.
>Extremely Careful
Sounds like you're setting yourself for being a scout/watchtower guard
>>
"WHY DIDN'T YOU OPEN THE GATE THE FIRST TIME AROUND?!! WE COULD HAVE DIED OUT THERE!!" yells what appears to be the second-in-command of this group. A tall, lean man of about 40 puts a hand on the yelling man's shoulder. "Relax Dave. We're inside now and they aren't pointing guns in our face. I would call that a step forward." He takes his hat off and greets you, he must have traveled a LONG way judging by how they have southern accents. "I'm James. This is Dave, Melissa and my little girl Mary-Ann. If that bang hadn't gone off....fuck, we would be joining the parade..." James takes out a small bottle of whiskey and drinks it all down. "It's times like these I wish I had my wife here, but we all gotta lose something, right?" The little girl is absolutely terrified from the way she is shaking and pale.

Out of nowhere Tommy walks up to Dave and nails him in the face, sending him to the ground but not before a fist-fight breaks out.

Gerald, do you:
>Sit and let it ride out
>Break it up immediately
>>
>>253958
Wait, so I can't break it up?
>>
>>253953
>Tommy has an imaginary apocalypse-friend named Greg.
Now this could bring great banter if he calls his imaginary friend "Greg" but keep calling the real Greg by other names.
>>
>>253960
>>
>>253959
Of course you can't, Greg, you aren't even real.
>>
>>253960
I don't see why he wouldn't just call his "friend" something else...
>>
>>253959
Shit dude, my bad! You are an actual character now so you also have the choice!
>>
>>253958
>>Break it up immediately
Stop making noises for fuck's sake people, there's a little girl here too.
Strange that Gerald's the one trying to calm the situation, when he was younger he'd been right in the thick of it duking it out, that's why he's got his eyesight fucked up by an retina tear after one too many fight ending his boxing career
>>
>>253967
Tommy thinks I'm his schizophrenic friend, maybe I could talk him out of it?
>>
James and Gerald immediately grab their respective aggressor "WHAT THE FUCK DAVE?!! NOT EVEN A MINUTE IN AND YOU PUNCH THE GUY THAT SAVED OUR ASS?!! YOU NEED TO KEEP CALM!!!" Mary-Ann is crying now but Melissa is doing her best to keep her calm. "Do you want to face those things out there again? asks James to Dave.

Dave looks Gerald in the eye "Sorry man......it's just been too much out there. Honestly, I feel like my brain is fried from all of this. We're all just really hungry and scared to death."

The group has to come to a decision:
>They can stay (this will initate the cool part of safe-house maintenance.)
>They must leave (will delay safe-house maintenance for a little while)
>Question them first (will delay all decisions for a day)
>>
>>253971
Who fuckin' cares, they can stay.
>>
>>253971
>>Question them first (will delay all decisions for a day)
When is this taking place? Still got some daylight?
We could search for some beddings if it's starting to get dark; not feeling like throwing a bunch of survivor out in the dark.
>>
>>253971
>Question them first
Tommy stops fighting as he starts to feel Geralds hand on his shoulder, pushing him back from Dave. With a few cuts on his face bleeding, he grits his teeth and starts talking in a low guttural tone, suppressing his rage only to stem the attraction of more zeds,
"No, man, fuck these slackjawed hicks, they're out here wandering in the darkness for no god damn reason, and they decide to run to our little shit hole for help. Fuck, man, do you even realize what they've done to us? The only reason we're all here havin' this little pow-wow is because that explosion went off, and I don't even know what caused that." Tommy turns his back and walks off, lighting another cig, taking the biggest drag of his life. His voice is much more calm now, if dry and scratchy.
"Now we got these hobo fucks living with us."

As Dave speaks Tommy's eyes widen as if he had an epiphany, suddenly he smiles wide and looks at Gerald, laughing sarcastically.
"Y'hear that Gerald? They're fuckin hungry, might as well feed em', huh? Feed the weak assholes who nearly got us all killed, and the kid too! Can't have enough dead weight around here!...Fuck this, you deal with em'." Tommy, feeling that he'll go berserk again walks off into the clubhouse to relax over the rest of his beans and his cig.
>>
I guess we're questioning them...
>>
>>253975
Seeing as this is awesome writing, we'll go with this.

James sees Tommy walk off angrily as Dave is dabbing his face with a wet cloth and Melissa calms Mary-Ann down.

"Hey, listen man, if you don't want us here, that's fine. We're just glad that explosion went off and you allowed us to stay here this long without pointing a gun in our face first. If you have anything to ask of us, we'll gladly answer."

With Tommy in the clubhouse Greg or Gerald will ask the first question but from here you can do it in any order from this list:

>How did you get here?
>How did you know there were people here?
>Can you handle weapons?
>Life story
>Skill sets
>Other
>>
>>253983
Skill sets.
>>
>>253983
(Someones gotta ask them why they were running around in the middle of the night, cause thats just a bad idea)
>>
>>253983
Also, what time is it? Guessing its pretty late into the night?
>>
>>253983
>How did you get here?
>Can you handle weapons?
>Skill sets
Not gonna throw you guys out in the dark, you're welcome here at least for the night, gonna need a sitdown in the morning.

I'll need someone to take the 1st watch with either me or Greg, for now you can come share a meal with us.
>>
>>253990
Yeah, it's nearing Day 2, probably 1:00 AM
>>
>>253992
In that case Tommy starts to doze off to sleep. Even with the threat of strangers in his home, he's way too tired to stay up at this point. He's been building and killing zeds all day, after all.
>>
>>253992
I don't need sleep, gotta be careful around these guys.
>>
>>253986
>>253991

"My little family and I have been travelin' now for about 3 weeks. We knew we couldn't stay in Louisville for long so we've been doing our best to avoid cities and major areas for a while now. After we got up here though, that became damned near impossible so we've been sticking to forest paths and trails but we ran out of food so we were kinda forced to head into town. Everything was going fine for a while until we made the mistake of turning a corner, RIGHT into a whole group of them, I mean like a swarm! We managed to outrun most of them for a few miles but they just kept chasing and more kept joining with them. That's where you found us here." he sighs deeply and takes another long drink as you ask the second question "Dave here is good with a gun as am I. Growing up in the South, you kinda just learn these things. He has better control with a rifle than I do. Melissa can handle herself pretty well with anything she can hold in her hands, just saying, wouldn't hand her a sledge." Obviously starving, Mary-Ann is digging into food as Melissa watches who has been quiet this whole time. "I...I want to thank you, for everything you've done for us. If you need someone who can put a patch on you, I know what to do." James smiles as she says that "She's been a life-saver from the beginning. The only thing I know how to do well is shoot em' in the face. Dave though, he was a mechanic. Loved cars and all that before this shit went down." All of a sudden Mary-Ann looks up and tells you directly to your face. "Your fence needs work. My grandpa told me the best way to build a fence is to use three long posts across and to stack two posts together every ten feet." James begins to laugh "My pa loved little Mary-Ann and would take her everywhere he went, from the hardware store to the park to anywhere he went and taught her everything she knew."

So it's apparent you now have a medic, a gunman, mechanic and an...adviser?
>>
Day 2

The sun beams into the windows at about 6:45 in the morning as you all begin to wake up. It's a chilly morning as it always is in New England so you immediately get dressed warmly to go out to the storehouse to grab some food. Looking through everything, with the added four people, you can deduce you now have maybe a week's worth of canned goods. So, the time has now come for the sit-down.

"Listen, we understand if you don't want us here. We talked last night and came to the decision we'll accept if you don't want us around. We'll head out west, see where we can go from here."

Tommy, Gerald and Greg all meet in the clubhouse for about an hour discussing all the pros and cons until they finally reach a decision....

>They can stay (begin safe-house maintenance "tutorial")
>They can leave (you three begin whatever you want)
>>
>>254000
We couldn't do much as we didn't have enough hands to cover ourselves and our home while out on scavenging runs, same as you I'd wager.

We've been trying to find what makes them tick in order to avoid having them sniffing around; Gonna need to test a lot of theories and write down what works and what doesn't at some point.

We're kind of stretched thin as it is, and how we've been introduced isn't helping, that said a good night's rest ought to do a lot of good to everyone, I'll need one of you guys to stay up with Greg here, until the 2nd shift relieve you. I won't bother and say that you can trust us but I'll be level with you, I want my friends and me to live and if you threathen the few meagers hold out we managed, we'll have to part way. I don't want anything bad to happen to any of you, but if I am forced to chose, you can certainly understand?
>>
>>254013
>>They can stay (begin safe-house maintenance "tutorial")
>>
>>254013
They can stay.
>>
>>254013
Tommy is sitting sideways on an old wooden chair with his back leaning against the wall, a cig held firmly in his mouth glows as he takes in a long pull, evidence to his frustration. He exhales and tries to speak, but no words comes out as if he's bewildered. After a few moments he finally speaks,
"I don't trust em', plain and simple. What's to say they don't kill us as soon as they're healthy and armed. If they were stupid enough to come bangin' on our door in the middle of the night, they're probably gonna' get one of us killed doing somethin' equally retarded. Now, on the other hand it would be nice to have some extra hands on deck, yes, but honestly they barely seem worthy of zombie-bait status." Tommy takes another drag and glances out a window to his left, a look of self-doubt crosses his face, betraying his words slightly.
"I want them to stay, but that also means sleeping with one eye open, it means feeding people I don't trust OR like. That's hard for me....I don't like it, but if you guys want them to stay....Maybe we could do a temporary thing. But if they can't pull their weight we have to set em' straight, I ain't bustin' my ass scavenging overtime for those-" Tommy stops himself from the unsavory language, knowing it'll only rile him up even more. He breathes in and out deeply and quietly.

"We still don't know what caused that explosion, that might be more important than this, surprisingly."
>>
>>254013
>They can stay
(above was just for fluff and suggesting we should probably go try and find out where that explosion happened)
>>
>>254025
I am with you, but you must also agree that we wheren't doing too hot on our own. We can always train them to handle themselve, and if they can't hack it, well that'll be a lesson for everyone.

That explosion is something we need to investigate and this is something that would require us to leave the camp without protection if it was us three.

Right now we're barely surviving, we need to know as much as we can if we want to live.
>>
Alright so, here's how this is gonna work. I am gonna write down the five resources you need and have with a daily consumption rate. The resources are:

Food: the most basic and needed resource, food and water is what keeps your people alive.

Medicine: the second most common and needed resource. For every sick or injured member of your group, you lose 1 medicine per day.

Ammunition: a stockpile of all the ammo you have which will deplete based on several factors those being; how many infestations are in the area, how many wandering hordes are out there AND it is also the unofficial currency for other supplies.

Construction Materials: This is arguably THE most important resource. You need this for building, upgrading and maintaining your home base.

Fuel: Used for keeping working vehicles running, generators, fire bombs, warmth etc.

Population: How many NPCs there are in your home-base that contribute to depletion of resources and further useful abilities. (pretty much free skills for resources)

Attitude: the overall mood of your home base will affect how your NPCs perform as a group or how much they deplete and certain moods will trigger a d100 event roll.

Storage Capacity: can be upgraded to accommodate more resources.

I will write down all stats in the next post. Soon more rolls will come. Just wanted to establish a base.
>>
>>254039
State of Decay awwright.
>>
This sounds like it's going to be fun.
>>
>Food: 10/25
>Medicine: 5/25
>Ammunition: 8/25
>Construction Materials: 15/25
>Fuel: 10/25
>Population: 4 Lvl 1: Mechanic, Medic, Gunman, Adviser (Defense)
>Attitude: Neutral
>Storage Capacity: 25

10:00 AM

The sun is glowing as if fall doesn't exist. The corpses from yesterday have begun to attract flies and are creating a foul odor but other than that, the only situation on everyone's mind is that explosion. How did it happen? Where did it happen? Who made it happen? Questions without answers attract people to the source like the flies on the corpses. It seems like a unanimous decision to head towards the explosion, but one of you has to stay behind to keep a watch out (thank god there are walkie-talkies). Mary-Ann is going to stay at the safe-house with whoever stays behind.

Lowest of 1d6 stays behind. (kinda like a pulling straws deal)
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>254058
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>254058
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>254058
Escalators, escalators, escalators!
>>
>>254062
Man, of course I'M the one that has to stay with the fuckin walking zombie-bait.
>>
>>254064
>>
>>254069
Oh shut up, Scitzo.
>>
We'll need to find a map of the city, so we can cross out places we cleared.
>>
>>254074
YOU CAN'T CALL ME CRAZY, YOU'RE NOT REAL
>>
File: Fight it, Arnold.jpg (18KB, 636x466px) Image search: [Google]
Fight it, Arnold.jpg
18KB, 636x466px
>>254080
Oh boy, here we go again. Erm guys, how about we get going while Tommy calm down, Don't worry it wont take long if you don't do anything to agravate him, like staring at him...
>>
>>254086
Agreed.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

rolling to make a really badass house of cards while those two are jerkin off outside
>>
Greg, Gerald, James, Dave and Melissa pack up a day's worth of food and water and head out towards the explosion and maybe find more supplies. Wandering down Rt.9 West you see that, surprisingly, most shops are relatively unscathed. Most of the looting happened in the city where it's most dangerous but abundant.
A couple miles down the road, you can see the obvious source of the explosion. A charred house with still smoldering embers is before you. Piles of rubble and, worse, body parts are scattered all around you with little to offer in the evidence or supply department. Scanning the area, you notice how quiet it is...it's an eerie feeling but strangely calming. To your left is a gas station, straight ahead is the burned house and to your right is a street that appears to lead to a neighborhood.
>Go to the gas station
>Examine/Investigate house
>Go towards neighborhood

>>254086
dat file name

If anyone has any sweet map making tools or websites (besides Hexographer) that they know of, let me know! I would love to throw up a map but I wouldn't know how to make one.
>>
>>254100
>>Go to the gas station
Food, fuel, maybe some meds and a car, also try to climb to the roof for a view from a higher position.
>>
>>254102
Agreed.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

This is for Tommy. (don't want him to be bored)
>>
>>254108
dont worry about me man, just sittin in here admiring my amazing house of cards
>>
As Tommy is sitting there building his awesome house of cards, Mary-Ann sits down next to you and begins to stare at you. The stares were ignored for a little while, but now you are growing increasingly tense and uncomfortable. For five minutes it's just her looking at you until finally she says "So that fence, it's no good. Are you gonna fix it?"
>>
>>254111
Great series, by the way.
>>
>>254102
>>254104
The group makes a consensus to check the gas station. There could be some small foods and water in there as well as the obvious fuel.

Gerald and Greg roll 1d20+your wits
>>
Rolled 9 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>254132
>>
>>254122
what is?
>>
>>254139
House of Cards.
>>
Rolled 6 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>254132
late
>>
>>254148
Down his luck strikes again
>>
>>254121
"What, you want me to do it by myself? With these little hammers?" Tommy waves around the little hammers that the group found.

A few moments pass and eventually Tommy caves in, "Alright, if you think it can be done with what we have, then lead the way little girl."
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>254148
>>254137

Looking through the gas station you find what you'd expect to find that isn't rotten: Ho-hos, Reese's, soda and bottled water. It looks as if all the canned foods are gone except a couple cans of corn.

All of a sudden you hear clang in the back room...
>>
>>254142
That show doesn't look like it has anything to do with a house of cards, GET OUT OF MY HEAD GREG
>>
>>254165
Damn...I thought the stares would get to you for sure....

She leads you out to the fence and shows you what you thought were safe zones, but she proceeds to peel the chain-link fence back like it was a piece of paper. "Here." she points out "and here." as she does it again on another part. "You need to lower the posts down so the fence is IN the ground. Not above it." She grabs your hand and leads to the front gate. "You see how Dave almost bashed that down? Imagine what a few people could do. It's no good! You need to build it higher and bigger!" staring at you the whole time as she talks with little to no breath.
>>
>>254187
>You need to build it higher and bigger!
Inbe4 we'll build a wall and make the zombies pay for it
>>
>>254204
Roll a d20+Intelligence
>>
>>254175
Cautiously, you open the door, it's just one zombie on the ground. It looks like it's legs are cut off and was left here on purpose, but other than that, you can pretty much ignore it.

Taking what you can that isn't useless sugar you gain 2 food to your resources.

Do you:
>Investigate burning house
>Go down Maple St.
>>
>>254235
>>Investigate burning house
Maybe send the gunman on the roof so he can cover us?
Do you mean the int roll for Tommy or just about anyone?
>>
>>254242
Why would we go INTO a burning building? WHY!?
>>
>>254242
yeah, I like how he totally hears a voice ALSO called Greg. I think the picture you posted sums up Tommy's mood MOST of the time.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>254187
Tommy is okay with little girls.

The revelation of multiple weaknesses in the fence brings rays of worry to the mans face, he looks back at the girl, "Just so you know, I didn't build this." Tommy thinks for a few minutes, "The problem is we don't have much in the way of tools or timber, last time we dug we had to use makeshift crap that broke in a couple hours.." He looks around the complex, wondering how safe it would be if he were to start working while everyone was gone. "Ah, fuck it, I'll give it a shot I guess, what's the worse that can happen?" And with he decides to start digging some deep holes for a couple of the posts, he uses a makeshift shovel made from some scrap sheet metal that was found earlier, some rope, and his pool cue, it doesn't work too well but with time it might do the job.

Rollin for fixing up some of the fences weak points.
>>
>>254261
Mary-Ann follows you around the whole time pointing out where it's weakest. For a little girl, she is surprisingly intuitive with this! With her guidance, you manage to fix up most of the weak points but other parts will require more manpower and better tools but for now, you can feel slightly at ease.
Mary-Ann levels up and is now a lvl. 2 adviser (defense)

I gotta call it now, getting ready for work and headed out. Will be here tomorrow!
Thanks guys for keeping this going!
>>
>>254282
Thanks for running, see you later.
>>
>>254282
Cya GM!

>tfw a little girl has more intelligence than you
>>
>>253846
No Luck stat?

Also you need Precision if you wanna wield guns
>>
>>254811
Wouldn't precision fall under dex?
>>
>>254842
No
Dexterity involves how fast and how flexible you are, also your reflexes

Precision is how accurate you can shoot so you wont miss Ex. steady hands
>>
>>254854
"the ability to use your hands skillfully" is the literal definition, which means steady hands would fall under that among the other things you mentioned.

I mean we might as well add Sexuality while we're at it because just because someone is charismatic doesn't mean they're good at sex.
>>
rollin 4 souf
>>
>>254854
Being good at shooting a gun is more of a skill than a stat.

>>252792
Assuming I'm not too late to join...
>>253845
>>253846
'Corporal'

Strength: 4
Dexterity: 3
Resilience: 4
Intelligence: 3
Wits: 3
Charisma: 1
Preferred Weapons: Rifles, blades

Skills:
Marine Training: Before the world went to shit, he had been a Marine. This leaves him more capable with rifle than most others, stronger, and with more stamina.
Bladesmith: Before he was a Marine, he had begun to learn all about making blades of almost any kind. Knives, swords-- you name it, and with the right equipment, he can make it.
Level-Headed: As a result of his experiences as a Marine, he can keep his wits about him in any given scenario.

Secretive: He keeps the majority of his past before 'the event' a well-hidden secret. He also makes an attempt to not show his face, keeping it covered with a hockey mask most times.

'Corporal' began his life prior to the zombies as a fresh-faced 18 year old with seemingly no future ahead of him. He was poor, though decently educated and intelligent, but with garbage grades in school. Eventually, he -- and a few of his friends (that he now presumes are dead) -- all decided, "Well, fuck it" and decided to go be Marines. A four year stint in the service left him with ample skills and the ability to get along well enough in the world he found himself in.
>>
>>255073
>He makes his entrance
>Jumping through a wall from the burning building
Because Corperal is that kinda guy
>>
>>256547
Aw fuck, I misspelled Corperal
>>
>>256556
Damn
>>
>>255073
So that makes 4 of us now, eh?
>>
I am here now! Will wait for others.
>>
>>257087
Here
>>
Just bump if you are here.
>>
>>257109
Tommy reporting for duty, just need the other two now!
>>
Greg.
>>
>>257109
So, new players, what's the running policy?
>>
>>257132
Create a character and join in. That's it. You can check Tommy's stat sheet to see how it's done.
>>
Nice, everyone here!

Greg, Gerald and friends (James, Dave and Melissa) have been investigating the burned out house where the explosion occurred. The only obvious piece of evidence is that among the ruins, there are body parts. Once living or undead is impossible to discern but SOMETHING must have made this go off. Greg or Gerald 1d20 plus intelligence.

>>257132
We have combat roles filled out nicely. We're missing some support roles and non-combative characters.
>>
Rolled 18 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>257136
>>257136
>>
>>257136
Well, this is where the explosion went off. Let's go home.
>>
>>257136
Prudence Kozichovich, "Doctor K"
Strength 1
Dexterity 4
Resilience 3
Intelligence 5
Wits 4
Charisma 2
Weapon: Traps/Environmental
Skills:
+Chemist: A practical knowledge of applied chemistry, from the mundanely useful to the dangerously reactive.
+Immune: Rarely sick, and if those mostly healed bite marks are anything to judge by, not a future zombie.
-Once Bitten, Twice Shy: Avoids direct confrontation, will attempt to not enter any structure with only one exit.

> Work out ok?
>>
>>257149
Seems good. I mean the immune to Zombification won't slide, but the ability itself seems pretty good.
>>
>>257132
http://pastebin.com/m2rDBzAm

Here's a rundown on how character creation works, it's pretty simple. Looks like you could still add a skill if you wanted. Immunity is probably too much though.

>>257136
Question to OP, in the pastebin of the combat system we're using it talks about 'action chains', will we be using that part?
http://pastebin.com/KypPFgFr
>>
>>257154
It's possible if it comes down to it!

Sorry guys playing Hearts of Iron IV (sick game, I am Communist Sweden)

>>257149
Immunity is a little OP

>>257141
What you find is that someone tampered with the gas inside of the house. It may have been a month since all shit hit the fan, but whoever managed to do this is quite intelligent.
You also find in the basement where the explosion originated and find shards of a c4 casing lying around, it seems they didn't want to lose precaution, the why is going to be a mystery for a long time coming.

The last choice you have is head down Maple St.
Greg or Gerald, roll a 1d100

Tommy if you are here, roll a 1d20 plus wits.
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>257169
Dear god why did they leave ME here with just a little girl for backup.
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>257169
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>257169
>>
>>257169
Skills:
+Chemist: A practical knowledge of applied chemistry, from the mundanely useful to the dangerously reactive.
+Robust Immune System: Rarely sick, and no allergies to speak of.
+Pack Rat: Save the bits and trimmings, they'll be useful later.
-Once Bitten, Twice Shy: Avoids direct confrontation, will attempt to not enter any structure with only one exit.
>>
>>257171
1:00 PM

As you're finishing lunch up, a familiar yet incredibly strange sound is on the horizon. Listening closer by the window, you can hear the unmistakable sound of an engine running and not just running but getting closer. You can't tell what kind of vehicle it is or if it's friendly but all you know is that it is headed your direction.

>Hide
>Investigate further
>Prepare for a fight

>>257174
>>257175
Heading down Maple St. you notice immediately that the neighborhood is a lot larger than you first thought, having to go house to house will take a lot longer as a group but splitting up also poses its dangers. Greg however quickly points out that a lot of these houses don't even look broken into which is incredibly beneficial. As Gerald is walking behind the group, he accidentally takes a misstep in a ditch and rolls his ankle. Gerald you are losing -1 Dexterity for the rest of this event until you can get it safely healed or wait it out.

Do you choose to:
>Split up into two groups
>Stick together
>Head back to base and call it a night

>>257187
I will bring you into the group in just a bit.
>>
>>257192
Stick together. Zeds will be deadly if we're on our own.
>>
File: East Brookfield 1.jpg (98KB, 1811x721px) Image search: [Google]
East Brookfield 1.jpg
98KB, 1811x721px
>>257192
>Gerald you are losing -1 Dexterity for the rest of this event until you can get it safely healed or wait it out.
Well shit
>Stick together
>>
>>257201
Oh shit, how'd you do that?! I tried for a good thirty minutes yesterday but couldn't find a way to save a specific part of a picture.
>>
>>257210
I don't know about him but I'd just take a screenshot.
>>
>>257210
>>257213
What Greg said, though the shit make my browser lag and crash like crazy for some raison
>>
So the group decides that after Gerald's minor but still inconvenient injury, they would have to stick together. You proceed to walk up to the first house and turn the knob. Locked (of course) and inside you can hear shuffling and groans. As a group you can:
>Bash down the door
>Break a window
>Leave the house, look for easier prey
>Find another entrance.
>>
>>257192
"Oh shit, oh shit..." Tommy whispers, hearing the slightly familiar sound of an engine. Knowing that this can only be trouble, he quickly moves to find Mary-Ann, "Mary, there's a truck coming I think, you need to hide while I figure out what's going on. Whatever you do, don't come out until you hear from me, okay?" Using one of the weak points in the fence he sneaks his way out of the gated area, moving as stealthily as he can through some bushes, reaching a dense patch foliage overlooking the complex as well as the area the noise is coming from. His heartbeat raises under the prospects of bandits, however he fights the urge to light a smoke, knowing it would quickly blow his cover.

With his only defense being a pool cue, he knows combat won't be favorable.

>Investigate further (stealthily)
>>
>>257221
>Find Another Entrance
Does picking the lock count?
>>
Uhhh, just in case you guys raid some houses, be on the lookout for cigarettes or anything like that, they'll help out Tommy a lot and probably everyone else too. They also seem like the type of thing people would leave behind if they were in an emergency
>>
>>257222
Within a few short minutes, the engine is unmistakably a larger model and can only mean that it's either a truck or a humvee. Peeking through the bushes, doing your best not to blow your cover, you begin to look closer at the road and right over the hill to see a humvee but on it is clearly the makings of raider marks: barbed wire, spikes, men sitting in the open back as it passes by.
Tommy make another Wits roll.

>>257225
If you had a rogue among your group. By "rogue" I mean someone with the capabilities to do so. If anyone has played Wasteland 2 or Divinity: Original Sin, I liked the idea of not being able to access something without the proper skills.
>>
>>257221
>Find another entrance.
We could try to lure the shits by the front door while we sneak in from the back, just toss a rock or something that can make noises, though we might get more than the zombies from this house
>>257226
You got it
>>
>>257229
I was in boy scouts. Does that count?
>>
Rolled 18 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>257229
Ohhhhh shit...I don't even have a gun.
>>
>>257233
I like how Tommy seems to always roll well for wits/intel despite having no points in them.
>>
>>257236
>>257236
reminds me of that story where an orc rolled to sneak, only to critfail, then rolled to intimidate everyone around him by yelling "you don't see me" and got a nat 20 or close to that
>>
>>257232
Errr...I don't think they teach lock-picking in boy scouts lol. Knot tying I know for sure!

>>257233
Carefully watching, you see them stop pretty much in front of your home-base. (of course you think) They see the clear patch job of the fence and begin to immediately investigate. Scanning the perimeter, they are trying to look for openings and all of them seem to be speaking Spanish as well (due to the incredibly large population of Latin Kings members in the area. If you guys haven't figured it out yet, I live in Worcester lol) Using your sharp thinking skills on the fly, you pick up a rock from the ground as they approach the door and toss it as hard as you can across the street and it manages to shatter a window across the street. As if made up by dumb video game characters, they all go to investigate the sound giving you time to either:
>Grab Mary-Ann and enough supplies to run like hell
>Engage in stealth combat with two of the guards at the Humvee.

Greg and Gerald, roll a Wits roll (I combine Perception and quick thinking into Wits) Sorry Dr. K that I haven't added you in! Looking for perfect opportunity. I promise you'll be in real soon!
>>
>>257240
Fine. Is there a chimney? Maybe we could Santa Claus our way in there.
>>
Rolled 18 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>257240
>>
Rolled 11 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>257240
As if I could beat a 18
>>
>>257240
Well what kind of weapons do they have? Do they look buff?

Guys should I take em? I don't want them to take our shit.
>>
>>257240
[Waiting Intensifies]
>>
>>257251
Yes.
>>
File: East Brookfield WiP.png (1MB, 3168x1232px) Image search: [Google]
East Brookfield WiP.png
1MB, 3168x1232px
>>257251
Remember noises bring them in the zeds, try to make some noise so the zombies will try to get the gangers 1st
>>
>>257255
Shut up Greg I can't trust you, you're not even real!
>>
Both of you surround the house looking for openings and praise the lord you find one! The storm cellar doors are rusted but unlocked and with a little effort, the two of you pry it open, however it does make some noise so caution is advised.

Entering the musty basement, you are forced to turn on a flashlight or risk making more noise and not seeing anything! In the basement, you find things you'd normally find in storage areas of the house: broken frames, tools both power and non-powered. Bikes both child and adult sized, chemicals, lighter fuel and other junk. Upstairs is the unmistakable shuffling of dead feet scraping against the floor. You can choose to:
>continue upstairs
>grab anything useful from the basement and head out
>>
>>257262
Look around the basement and go upstairs.
>>
By the way guys (thanks for the map) look to the street on the right side of the lake. You are based right off of Gleason Ave.
>>
>>257262
There's a door we could funnel them in? If there's a stairway of a sort I could bash their knees as they go down so the rest could shatter their skulls as they are on the ground. Slow and steady
>>
Shit my bad, the way I described it, you're nearer School St.
>>
>>257267
>>257240
Sooo, I got pretty good wits roll, so can I tell what kind of weapons they're carrying, if any, and how strong they look physically?
>>
>>257268
The two men guarding the truck have rifles slung across their backs but are currently carrying large machetes. One of the guards is a smaller man but what it seems he lacks in height, he makes up for in muscle mass. The other guy is a taller man with a well-built physique. (probably prison escapees) If you choose combat, I will describe surroundings.
>>
>>257266
There is a door! Whether or not it's locked is a different story.
>>
>>257281
I say we just look around for something in the basement that could be used as a weapon and beat them to death. It's only two, right?
>>
>>257272
Aww right how fast could some of our newly found survivors could make it back if Tommy sent a call for help, If anything defending our camp shit as it may be should be somewhere up in the list. Greg, the Gunman and either the medic or the mechanic could turn the tide to our advantage is they can blindside the gangers
>>
>>257284
It'd probably take at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get back.
>>
How would I even make noise to attract some zeds, I don't think I have anything like that on me, I got rocks and a pool cue...

Honestly I don't know why everyone left the camp, you'd think the NPC's would have stayed behind at least.
>>
File: Sheeeeeittt.jpg (38KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
Sheeeeeittt.jpg
38KB, 500x406px
>>257286
okay well, we'll need either a watchtower built or have a lookout from a higher vantage point and set up a rotation so we always have someone there.

This is gonna be fun to set up in game and in character
>>
>>257292
>>257289
For now, want to just try combat?
>>
>>257294
Might as well, I guess this could be a good point to introduce the newest chars as they help Tommy while we either decide to haul ass or clear out the basement/house
>>
>>257289

Combat begins: Tommy!

In front of you is the corner of the street facing and west fence. Where you are sitting is right behind the western side in some bushes. Opposite you is the humvee and one man on each side pacing back and forth. To you right is the safe-house with Mary-Ann still inside. You have minimal cover save for the bushes and one side of the humvee.

roll a 3d10 and IN order write out your plan of attack.
>>
>>257294
This isn't a winnable scenario, that's the problem
Realistically even if Tommy somehow subdues the first guy (which won't be easy even with a sneak attack because he's using a pool cue and not a combat knife), he'll still have to deal with the 2nd guy and the others who will come running back guns blazing, not to mention Tommy has no experience with guns.

His only hope is attracting some zeds and using the chaos to force them to use their guns, causing more zeds to attack.

Best case scenario here I turn our base into a zed infested nightmare, or run away and lose all our shit.

I don't really have a choice besides dying semi-gloriously or running away, (unless someone has a good idea on how to attract some zeds)

Sending in the new guy is the only way I see combat working out here, but he isn't really combat oriented so that's questionable.
>>
>>257298
Aaaaaah fuck it, All of a sudden across the street you see an immense explosion go off and you see a man running out screaming, set afire. The two other men guarding the humvee bolt in opposite directions as you hear blood-curdling screams from inside the home.

Gaping in horror and amazement, you also catch a figure sprint away from the scene down the street, a strange occurrence because you can clearly make out that it is a woman and that she is carrying all sorts of bottles and is wearing a hazmat suit as well.

Do you:
>Use the distraction to chase her down
>Stay put, don't need any further potential danger
>Grab Mary-Ann and radio the group and run from scene.
>>
>>257297
Is the car still running? Simplest way to clear out the street would be to steal the truck and raise some hell with the horn, the stone throwing kind of worked so it seems they're the kind of goof that will check the distraction.

A pool cue through the throat ought to leave someone in a bad spot too.

That, or try to diplomance the fuck out of these guys....
>>
>>257300
I decided to bring Dr K in a way. She has been waiting too long (I say she because your character is female)
>>
Rolled 10, 7, 6 = 23 (3d10)

>>257297
Alright, I guess...I always wanted to die horribly.

Tommy picks up a small branch and breaks off the ends, then sneaks his way towards the humvee while the bandit on his side of the humvee has his back turned, Tommy breaks into a sprint after him, wrapping his forearm around his head and attempting to puncture an artery in his neck with the small branch.

(so im guessing first roll for the sneaking, second roll for the forearm around the head, third for the stab?)

>>257299
nah man, no easy mode, you put me here and now i either die horribly or die gloriously
>>
>>257299
>>257301
>Non-combat character racks up the highest killcount in one move.
>With Science!
Which street am I running down?
>>
>>257302
Carefully making your way to the first man directly in front of you, you wait until his back is turned and then in a full sprint gets behind him successfully. Immediately however, when he goes to grab his head, the thug immediately puts up heavy resistance and so when you make the puncture into his neck it becomes a very messy situation. As the man is choking on his own blood he begins gurgling rather loudly which does attract cautious attention from the other guard. He is however taking his sweet time...

Dr. K you will come in RIGHT after this combat. I swears.
>>
>>257302
Well the action chain would require multiple dices as one set of d10 would be for the sneaking, with a dc for that action that would need 2 dices to beat. Then another roll for the grappling with another dc to beat, but your 10 would give a bonus to that roll and finaly a 3rd roll for the stab.
>>
>>257311
So how does that work, technically, would I just roll in two extra posts for the other actions in the first post?
>>
>>257311
AH! Okay! Now I get it! We'll just finish this up like this for now. Really want to get our new friend in here ASAP!
>>
>>257315
Well the QM would ask for 3 set of dices and the players would roll and he'd take the results.

It'd be something like this
>Sneak: dc 5 due to them being distracted by the explosion
Your dice roll is roughly a critical with the 10 making the next action easier by lowering the DC.
>Grapple: DC 7 due to the guy being fit, but the 10 would drop it down to 5/6
>Kill: DC varies for clean silent kill to very messy and noisy kill that will warn the others, if the grapple ended with a crit we'd get another bonus to lower the DC
>>
Rolled 3, 7, 2, 4, 6, 1, 6, 10, 8 = 47 (9d10)

>>257310
(alright, well I thought that explosion was just divine intervention, but if it's a character entering the fray then i'm more than okay with it)

Ignoring the giant explosion and screaming bandits running around on fire, Tom will get low to the ground and sneak around the front of the humvee, then tackling the other bandit and attempting to use his own machete against him by grabbing his hands and taking control, attempting to drive it into his chest.

(so i'm guessing i'm rolling 9 dice here, a set for each action?)
>>
>>257324
It's more like, you'd roll one set first, I describe it, roll another set.
>>
File: Grit Mode.jpg (175KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
Grit Mode.jpg
175KB, 1024x732px
>>257316
Told you, it's a bitch to get into the groove of the system but once it clicks it becomes a very fun ride that allows thinking outside the box and reward high risk actions by being flashy as fuck.

Rolling over 25 in a set would place the MC into a "Grit mode" where he'd get even more bonus for going Rules of Nature on whatever was in front of him
>>
>>257329
I see, that's cool. Detailed.

still not sure how we're going to fit strength/dex/res and weapon bonus' into this
>>
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Deniable%20Assets%20Quest
If you want to watch the system working in the quest
>>
>>257334
I think stats for this game is kinda pushed into the non-combat roles but bonuses still count.

Alright so in keeping with continuity and trying to keep Dr K in so she won't leave us (cool character) the other guy begins to approach you as (see above bringing in Dr. K) he bolts in the opposite direction without checking in on his friend.

Dr. K are you still with us?
>>
File: I wouldn't worry about it.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
I wouldn't worry about it.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
>>257334
>>
>>257340
Yep.
>>
Fuck yeah!

Alright so, I just want to progress the story.

Tommy is staring awe-struck at the scene when he sees a strange sight. A clearly unscathed person is running from the scene wearing a hazmat suit and carrying around a backpack and a briefcase. She is running down towards E. Main St headed west.

(sorry about all the confusion and shit, this my first OP)
>>
>>257357
Tommy yells "HEY THANKS FOR KILLING THOSE GUYS, I'M GONNA STEAL THIS CAR NOW."
And then he tries to steal the car.
>>
>>257367
Oh fuck, sorry guys! I actually gotta head out now!
My bad everyone, I got the call from work. I will be here tomorrow same time!

Will start with Dr. K perspective, then scavenge group, then Tommy.
>>
File: 1404521300601.png (76KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1404521300601.png
76KB, 480x480px
>>257375
>if that clusterfuck hadn't occurred Doc K would have been able to play
>>
>>257375
>>257380
Well sheeit. Oh well, I like the mad bomber intro. Also, working the kinks out of the system has to happen sometime, right?
>>
I'm here now. Be gentle though, I am hungover as well.
>>
>>260352
Welcome back
>>
>>260352
[Loud Noises]
[Bright Flashing Lights]
But, because gentle, no scents.
>>
Well, because you are here Dr. K we'll start with you now.

As you are running from the scene, you turn behind you very quickly to glance at what is going on due to the noise of the engine but can clearly make out that it is not one of the raiders, but someone else entirely. Friendly or not is difficult to discern. Fearing for your life however is what has been driving you since this shit started...however, you feel that taking a risk this one time may yield benefits. You have two choices mulling in your head.

>Go back and investigate the stranger
>Keep running, it's too dangerous to see if they are friendly or not
>>
>>260352
Hungover OP best OP.
>>
Hi.
>>
>>260388
>Hide, then sneak back.
No point in going into a situation without all the info, right?
>>
>>260412
You're about a quarter mile down the road when you hide behind a building to catch a breath. Doing your best to keep quiet, you decide to wait a couple of hours before heading back. You notice the building you're hiding behind was a pizza store. There may still be something inside that isn't spoiled and you notice that down the street is another restaurant. Taking this opportunity you have the option to explore one but not both.

>Pizza place
>Fine dining restaurant
>>
>>260427
>Fine Dining.
Higher quality supplies, and probably spices not pre-mixed into whatever that crap these pizza chains cover their "bread" in. But first things first
>Check the points of entry/exit, gotta have 2+ routes out before going in.
>>
Couldn't be arsed to work on the ghetto map
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

Let's see where fine dining gets you...

Dr. K roll a 1d20 plus your Wits.
>>
Rolled 8 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>260446
>>
Uh so how does this thread work?
>>
>>260450
You create a character, and then the OP gives you options that you can choose. The stats of your character affect the game. In certain situations you'll need to roll a dice + a certain stat.
>>
>>260450
You make a character, the QM will try to introduce him/her in a manner that'll let you and the group introduce each other as survivor of a zombie apocalypse, either on a scavenging run or by being rescued/rescuing by the PC enclave.
>>
>>260454
>>260457
Okay, so we start with 1 base point for every stat and 13 inactive points to allocate? And what does wit do exactly?
>>
>>260460
Wits works like both Perception and Quick-Thinking.
>>
>>260448
Making your way towards the fine dining establishment, you quickly point out both exits from the front and rear of the building. The front entrance has a set of stairs going up towards and a patio deck and the back entrance brings you out to the back-lot and woods. Carefully you open the door which is thankfully unlocked. Doing a quick scan of the area you can see that a lot of people were in here when "Event 1" began. Over-turned tables and broken glass litter the ground as well as empty cans, plates and bowls. Doing your best to avoid any noise has become an impossible task but you do manage to make your way towards the kitchen. Looking around the kitchen you can see the long prepping table, scattered pots and pans and a few rotting corpses. From the looks of it, these bodies won't come back as they are eaten right through. Heading towards the storage room, you find what you are looking for: spices, air-compressed vegetables STILL not rotten and some canned tomatoes, pickled eggs and condiments still sealed. Grabbing everything you can, you pack up your satchel. As you are walking out, your bag accidentally hits a pot on the table which knocks it over causing a whole LOT of noise....standing perfectly still, you now hear the unmistakable groans and shuffling of dead bodies come to life.

Do another Wits roll. This will determine your combat preparedness.

>>260460
Also, write down 4 skills but one of them has to be negative so three good skills and one negative one.
>>
Rolled 13 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>260464
Shit, didn't even have a chance to check the cleaning supplies yet.
>>
>>260466
Quickly covering your mouth to suppress a very loud FUCK, you look for some cover and immediately find an overturned table against a wall you hop over.

Slowly poking your head over the table you can see 4 Shambler zombies kinda mulling about looking for the source of the noise and potentially food...

There is no chance to take them out individually while being stealthy so taking them head on or running will be the best option.

Do you:
>Take them on (initiate combat
>Cut your losses and run
>>
>>260478
>Once bitten, twice shy
>Cut and run
>>
>>260482
Make a Dex roll for successfully, bravely running away.
>>
Rolled 7 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>260488
(Don't slip on the dead people)
>>
File: Dinosaur.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dinosaur.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>260493
Kinda related, I guess
>>
>>260493
With the surge of adrenaline pumping through you, you deftly hop over the table which in turn grabs the Zed's attention. Slowly but surely they turn to face you and begin their chase to food. Tripping a few times but keeping your distance, you run out the door and bolt back to the pizza place which seems to be a rather safe location away from zombies...again you hear the rumbling of the humvee engine in the distance and see it pull back up to the safe-house with a man and a little girl. Knowing that raiders and gangs and the military don't usually keep children around, you put together they might be survivors like yourself who have found a relatively safe location. Looking back towards the restaurant you can see that the zombies haven't given up just yet so your only option is to either:

>Stay put let them pass
>Make a break for the House of Humvee
>>
>>260509
Fuck this place, it smells like old cheese and bile.
>House of Mouse, er, Humvee
>>
>>260454
>>260457
>>260461
Thank you.

Sam

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 4
Resilience: 2
Intelligence: 4
Wits: 4
Charisma: 3

Teenager. No one takes teenagers seriously.

(+)Lucked: Plus 20% (or 10%, depends what the OP says) of the maximum number possible in a role to the number rolled on all rolls. Im not entirely sure if I actually am lucky or if the things that happen are just a product of my abilities.
(+)Social Analyst: Greater appeal to fellow (sane) humans in social interactions as a
result of the application of information gained from analyzing the another's psyche. Effective only on a maximum of 3 people- the the effectivity is distributed amongst the recipents. Slight increse in combat aganist (sane) humans.
(+)An Athlete No More: Used to be an athlete but took a rest due to increased workload
pre-apocalypse. Retains secondary physical capabilities due to muscle memory. Bonus to aim, reflexes, and relevant-whatnot.

(-)Fuck me: Social analyst is the result of increased empathy. The increased empathy
raises vunerability to selfless decisions that more often that not put yourself at risk. Fuck me.
Note: Humans, more often that not, fail to notice selfless actions or quickly forget them. Often percieving them as chances to abuse the willingness to help. So yeah, not positive with no help to social interactions. And fuck society.
(-)Coldblood: Murdering live humans decreases charisma (roll, even numbers decrease charisma).

Weapons: Small blades (knives can be freaking long though- and cant you throw them too?) and sniper rifles.
>>
>>260512
You're the character everyone hates in an apocalypse movie?
>>
>>260514
What? Seriously?
>>
>>260514
I don't read the words African-American or Hippie in there at all.
>>
>>260515
Everyone hates the teenager that makes cowardly decisions. Like Ben.
>>
>>260517
Who said my character is cowardly?
>>
>>260511
Turning to see the zeds again, you make the deduction that you are ahead of them enough to outrun them and with a deep breath, run as fast as you can towards the humvee....

Tommy:

You see the same person wearing the hazmat suit running towards your safe-house. Half-knowing that she was the one that caused the explosion that killed the raiders, you feel a sort of uneasiness that this person is sprinting towards you only to realize this person is running AWAY from zombies and not from an explosion.

Do you:
>Open the gate immediately
>Keep it closed and pretend you aren't here
>Keep it closed but wait until the stranger shows up first
>>
>>260519
Well, by cowardly, I mean the selfish decisions.
>>
>>260512
I've done the zompoc teenager before. It's true, none of us will take you seriously. And we've already got a little girl, so you don't even get the token-child safety clause. You fucked, sir.

>I don't really understand how Lucked works.
>>
>>260524
Rer-read that. The word is selfless.
>>
>>260519
>>260517
I think he has a good character model.

It isn't selfish, he is vulnerable to selfless decisions. He can't be mean is what he is trying to say. He isn't heartless. Coldblooded maybe, but not heartless.
>>
>>260526
Oh. My mistake. Carry on, then.
>>
>>260525
I think I just add 1-2 bonus value to his roll.

He's just gonna have to work a little harder to gain your respect is all.
>>
>>260529
Im cool with that.
>>260525
Im cool with that. As a teengar, I was significantly more mature than my peers. And People could percieve this in addition to my intelligence. I seized respect. Im fine with working for it.
>>
>>260532
>teenger
teenager*
>People
people*
>>
>>260522
>Open the gate

Tommy sort of trusts the hazmat-wearing survivor since they slaughtered the bandits, and he assumes she caused the older explosion which also saved his ass. He's worried about the zeds chasing her so he readies his pool cue just in case some slip in before he can close the gate again.
>>
>>260535
Opening the gate, you rush out to the street and start to wave the hazmat stranger in. You can see that the zombies are gaining a little speed being downhill and not caring about gravity or its dangers of moving downhill. It only takes half a minute before the stranger is sprinting inside of the gate and you JUST manage to shut it before the four zeds show up. Clawing at the gate they are easy pickings as you slam your pool cue through each of their heads.

Thanking the man for opening the gate, you remove your face mask and to Tommy's surprise to find out you are female he asks if you were the one that caused the explosion across the street which you do as you bring her in to the safe-house....

Gerald and Greg, you are still in the basement of the first house where you are hearing the steps of zombies. You've managed to grab a bit of construction materials and chemicals from here and still have one available rucksack to carry larger things in. Do you:

>Engage zombies upstairs and keep searching House 1
>Leave and head towards House 2 quietly
>>
>>260546
>>Engage zombies upstairs and keep searching House 1
Finish this house and get back home
>>
>>260546
Engage zombies.
>>
>>260512
Im thinking 16-18, by the way
>>
>>260548
>>260549
Slowly making your way up the stairs while James, Dave and Melissa keep a watch in the basement, Greg and Gerald find that the door is thankfully unlocked and that you slip through quite easily. Making a note of your surroundings you can see the open living room connected to the kitchen and inside the living room are the sources of the noise. About 5 zombies are shuffling around the house, one of them is just standing with his face to the wall and two of them are just looking around aimlessly making all sorts of ungodly noises. You may be able to take ONE out stealthily but that much noise would only cause the others to notice.

Combat begins!

Scenario: the closed basement door is behind you and the kitchen is more of a long counter and hallway that connects to the bedrooms and living room which is to your right. There isn't much to use for cover other than a couch but taking on zombies never really constitutes cover.

Two of them are on the far side of the living room, one is in the right facing corner across from you and the other is standing in the middle of the room where a broken coffee table lays. The door outside is right beyond the the two zombies and the bedrooms are behind you.

Both of you make a 3d10 roll and write what you are going to do.
>>
Rolled 6, 8, 2 = 16 (3d10)

>>260555
We could lure them back slowly down the stairs, they would come at us and bog themselves in the door, which should allow us to take them out rather safely.
>>
Rolled 1, 9, 6 = 16 (3d10)

>>260555
Sweep a zombie off it's feet with a kick, bash it's face in with my foot, and then retreat down the stairs.
>>
>>260560
>>260563
While Greg immediately takes out one of the zombies in one deft motion, Gerald is busy making noise as Greg is backing up as well.

You both decide that the basement is the safest place to be right now as Gerald comes up with the plan to filter them into the doorway.

Roll a 3d10 for successful running (going down stairs can suck in a moment like this)
>>
Rolled 7, 7, 8 = 22 (3d10)

>>260566
>>
Rolled 3, 8, 9 = 20 (3d10)

>>260566
>>
>>260567
>>260570
Both of you manage to practically jump down the stairs to the floor as the zombies are following you, positioning yourself side-to-side by the stair base, you prepare for the eventual fight and sure enough one turns the corner to make his way down the stairs and then another until a small line has formed.

Begin fight roll 3d10 for outcome of fight.
>>
>>260570
Oh yeah, since I still got this injury shouldn't my rolls have somthing to reflect that?
>>
Rolled 10, 9, 2 = 21 (3d10)

>>260573
I'll trip them and smash their faces in some more.
>>
Rolled 5, 5, 6 = 16 (3d10)

>>260573
>>
>>260577
Shit, that is true...ah well.

Greg manages to take two of them down with a quick sweep to the legs causing the third to trip down the stairs where Gerald stabs him in the face, however his minor injury has become a little more painful from the running down the stairs which will cause a slower trip back home.

The fourth zombie and final zombie is making his way towards the stairs when you see a knife fly through its head and behind him is a young boy of about 17 years old holding another knife in his hand...
>Ask him to join you
>Get weapons ready just in case
>>
>>260583
>Ask him to join us.
If he declines, we kill him and take his stuff.
>>
File: notsureif.gif (3MB, 432x227px) Image search: [Google]
notsureif.gif
3MB, 432x227px
>>260583
>>Get weapons ready just in case
>>
>>260584
>Bro.
>>
>>260585
The squidward made me laugh...
>>
>>260585
After a tense minute, I just ask if we're breaking and entering somehow.
>>
>>260583
Do I write or do you?
>>
>>260592
You write, I am more a narrator/Dungeon Master.
>>
>>260594
Fudge. Well I'll try.
"Yes, but they were too". He points at the figure now motionless on the ground, its head bearing an undignified opening where the left eye would be. "So its cool. An enemy of my enemy is my friend, yes?"
>>
>>260597
K. Welcome to the team. Now let's scavenge this place for all it has.
>>
>>260601
The cookies and toilet paper are mine.
>>
>>260604
Hey, can I have one of your knives? I'm good with sharp things.
>>
>>260608
That depends. How many knives do I have on me? Wait, is this a conversation within the story?
>>
>>260597
Well, as much as I'd like to stay and chat about things, this house won't check itself, how about this. We gather as much of the stuff we can carry and we can divide it in a safe place, I assume you have a group to run too?
>>
Fuck it, I'm taking the knife out of that Zombie.
>>
>>260601
>>260604
>>260591

5:00 PM

After the mexican standoff is over, all three of you decide it's better to have one more person on board. More strength in numbers. Searching through the house you manage to find some antiseptic, bandages, gauze and other bathroom medical equipment as well as some sweet toilet paper. Looking through the kitchen, you can see that whatever family lived here took most of the real food with them save for...one...box...of...Chips Ahoy.

Filling up your packs, you can make the choice to:

>Move on to the next house
>Head back to home base.
>>
>>260618
Let's head back. That injury isn't going to get any better if we keep moving.
>>
>>260614
"Names first. Most people call me Sam."
>>
>>260618
>>Head back to home base.
Call up Tommy and report we got a good haul and maybe have found some help in defending the camp.
>though this will certainly send him into another episode.
Ask him if everything is fine on his end of the line?
>>
>>260621
K, Samantha, let's get moving.
>>
>>260618
Dont make me OP. One box of cookies in the midst of 3 makes for a very dangerous Sam.
>>260623
"Sure thing Gregorina."
>>
Tom all of a sudden hears static on his radio as he is getting food out for his new found friend.

It's the group calling to say they are headed back with some good supply and food and in turn you tell them that the person whose saved our asses twice now is here and that she brought food with her. Mary-Ann has no problem talking to her and asking about the strange assortment of chemicals strapped to Dr. K's belt and bag.

Greg and Gerald and the gang are slowly making their way back to base camp but are careful not to rush in fear of being too noisy or furthering the injury Gerald has endured.

Gerald make a Dex roll and I will minus 2 out for increased injury.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>260629
watch me get a 1
>>
File: injury.webm (958KB, 736x400px) Image search: [Google]
injury.webm
958KB, 736x400px
>>260632
>not quite a 1, but we're getting there
>>
Making your way back to base camp is slow going when out of nowhere Gerald falls to the ground clutching his ankle. The pain has become exponentially more painful and is going to have to be carried by someone.

Greg or Sam make a Strength roll (1d20+Str)
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>260629
OP, I'll need to go in 45 minutes. And I wont come back until 6-7 hours later. How do you factor in missing players?
>>
>>260654
Probably gonna end it around 12 anyway as I gotta go to work as well.
>>
Rolled 17 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>260649
>>
>>260654
You forgot to add the strength bonus.
>>
>>260664
14+2=16. Does "Lucked" count in rolls like this?
>>
>>260667
I dont think it would but up to you OP.
>>
Greg grabs a hold of Gerald while Sam takes point because an injury two miles from home is going to be a daunting task.

As Tommy, Mary-Ann and Prudence are all sitting around a small fire, Tommy's radio goes off again. Sounding distressful, Tommy makes out that Greg has taken an unknown injury and we're two miles out from home base. Realizing how potentially dangerous a situation like this is, you choose to:
>Stay, I am sure they will be fine. Plus, I am hungry
>Leave immediately and help the group out
>Leave with the Humvee
>>
>>260669
I guess now you would get a +1 extra to all rolls so it would be like 1d20+Stat+1
>>
Think some skills should have some kind of "once a day, for one action" thing.
>>
>>260676
>Roll the best rolls
>Get injured
My luck.
>>
>>260676
>Leave with the Humvee
I brief Doc on the situation, then ask her to stay behind and look after Mary.
>>
>>260686
kek. Sam gets the knives ready.
>>
>>260689
Relax, it ain't a Zombie bite. We're far from any. I probably just twisted my ankle from carrying Gerald's fat ass.
>>
>>260691
Not for you Gregory. For anything malicious that approaches.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

Taking the humvee to the beleaguered group you drive as quickly as you possibly can to the scene and finally see 6 people with one hobbling man who you can obviously deduce as the group. Pulling up to them you help Gerald into the car and haul ass back to the safe-house.

Arriving at home, you prop Gerald onto a table as Melissa examines the ankle...
>>
>>260696
Oh shit, we gonna have to amputate it.
>>
>>260699
Like on the bright side. Your leg can purpose for a decoy. Im sure they like raw leg.
>>
File: 1409676132801.gif (653KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1409676132801.gif
653KB, 500x390px
>>260696
>>
>>260702
It's not mine, OP made a mistake with that one comment. He meant to type Gerald. In this one he fixed it.
>>
>>260696
Hmm, looks pretty bad. I may have some painkillers in my bag...
Nope, just ether.
>>
>>260708
Still a raw leg. But this is worse. Doesnt Gerald have the most strength out of those in our little group?
>>
>>260713
Eh, we could give him a peg-leg.
>>
File: depression3.jpg (34KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
depression3.jpg
34KB, 500x333px
>>260696
>>
>>260718
Maybe if he were more dexterous than strong but he isnt.
>>260710
Ether is a sedative, good enough. But he'd be out of commission.
>>
Indeed, what was once a rolled ankle but after intense movements has turned into a "Oblique non-displaced Fracture" Melissa explains meaning that the bone is cracked but not broken across the middle but isn't broken in half. You won't be able to walk on it for at least a week and a half while you wear a splint.

>Food: 13/25
>Medicine: 8/25
>Ammunition: 8/25
>Construction Materials: 17/25
>Fuel: 10/25
>Population: 4 Lvl 1: Mechanic, Medic, Gunman, Adviser (Defense)
>Attitude: Nervous
>Storage Capacity: 25

Feeling a little more nervous than usual, the group feels that sleep will not come easily as James begins to drink and Dave starts to sharpen his weapon. Melissa is pacing while Mary-Ann is kicking her legs into the couch. Dr. K is busy putting a splint onto Gerald. Taking this time however, the group decides now would be the best time to see if there is any project to begin working on.

You have three empty building slots and these choices to make as to what you can build there.
>Medical area: provides all necessities for a medic and doctor to perform all sorts of procedures
>Garden: Can create own food slowly
>Library: catalog and hold onto any information both academic and logistical and has the potential to raise Int levels
>Gun Range/Armory: A place to keep and practice weapons and weaponry
>Bed area: A place where all people can sleep without feeling uncomfortable at night or sore in the morning
>Working Kitchen: Uses make-shift stoves, ovens and grills to provide better meals
>Watchtower: provides a vantage point as well as knowledge of who is coming up and down the road
>Trade Post: Utilize a sort of barter system to acquire goods from people who pass by.
>>
>>260732
Wow, grammar professional today. I meant that the bone IS cracked in half but not broken off! Try to read that last sentence out loud.
>>
>>260732
What is Sam doing?
>>
>>260732
>>Watchtower: provides a vantage point as well as knowledge of who is coming up and down the road
>>
>>260735
Ugh...sorry. I am on the tail end of reality and hangover. Sam is sort of thrust into a bad situation so I guess he is either looking around the grounds or just sitting like everyone else.
>>
>>260736
What do we already have?
>>
>>260736
>Garden
We need it early on so that we'll have it in desperate times.
>>
>>260741
Pretty much nothing except what the safe-house has provided. You DO have two rowboats however as you are situated on a lake and river.
>>
>>260732
> Medicine Zone
> Plants and Dirt
> Crow's Nest

Everything else is mostly creature comforts, though I thjnk cookery and bunks should be next on the priority scale.
>>
>>260732
Well, since we were completely taken off guard by those bandits, Tommy suggests
>Watchtower

Tommy lets everyone know that the bandits might have been part of a larger group and may send another group to find out what happened.

Lighting a cig to quell his nerves,Tommy heads to the humvee and takes stock of the items looted off the bandits.

>the first two guys alone had two rifles and two machetes, besides whatever else they had in their pockets
>>
>>260745
Those will be good for escaping in a really bad situation.
>>
>>260740
>>260745
1. Garden
2. Watchtower
3. Bed area
Bed area because stress can be extremely deductive of efforts.
>>
>>260752
I agree with this.
>>
>>260740
And dont worry about it. However, I do wish you luck at work today.
>>
>>260752
Doesn't the clubhouse already serve as a bed area? That's where we've been sleeping so far.
>>
>>260741
This is a good question, until recently the camp used to have only 3 people so there wasn't a real need to build up, A small bedroom with enough beds for us 3 I'd guess and a small place to eat.
>>
>>260757
>>260758
>Bed area: A place where all people can sleep without feeling uncomfortable at night or sore in the morning
"people can sleep without feeling uncomfortable at night or sore in the morning"
>>
So it looks like Garden is a majority vote as well as Watchtower. We'll begin all this tomorrow around the same time.

>>260757
Mostly on couches and big chairs, nothing like an actual bed. This was more of a fishing club/boat rental place.
>>260758
You pretty much nailed it on the head. A small kitchen with a sort of clubhouse and a main room.
>>
>>260759
Just because you can sleep in it doesnt mean you can do so comfortably. The bed area promotes health and natural recovery.
>>
There room for another survivor?

Also, would coming in with a rifle be overpowered? I want to make a hunting guy who just came back from backpacking to find the world has gone to shit, but if a gun would be too overpowered I can switch it up.
>>
>>260757
>>260758
>>260759
Y'all do what you want, I'm sleeping in the hummer.
>>
>>260764
http://pastebin.com/m2rDBzAm
>>
>>260764
No, you're good BUT you did JUST miss today's session. Come back around 8-9 AM EST and make a character!
>>
Guess the next scavenging run will take place closer to home where only a smaller group of people will go out and the rest will work on building repairing/resting.
If the scavs find something good they can call up for someone to come give a hand in bringing the stuff found.
>>
>>260769
Wow....thanks dude!!!

I am out now folks but I will be here same time tomorrow! FRIDAY I have off!
>>
>>260764
>>260771
Dont name him Greg.
>>260774
Im in. Im going to assume dexterity helps movement speed and swiftness. And knives are silent tools.
>>
>>260777
Um not me.
>>253915
>>
>>260763
Yeah but why can't we just loot some matresses and put em inside the clubhouse? Doesn't seem wise to use one of our slots on a bed area when we already have an area we can improve.
>>
>>260764
>a rifle be overpowered?
No, but a gun brings it's own share of problems, noise mainly and ammo scarcity for the most exotic rounds. Though looting a gun shop/police station ought to bring a nice supply.
>>
>>260790
I would very much like that if that is a viable option. Then I would suggest going for the Medical Area or another Garden.
>>
>>260790
bunkbeds, make people sleep in shift because we'll need people to watch around the camp during the night
>>
Dominic:

Strength: 3
Resilience: 3
Charisma: 2

Weapon of choice: Single shot hunting rifle

Skills:
Backpacker: Fine with sleeping on the ground, has great stamina, loves being outdoors
Sharpshooter: Might only have one shot, but he makes it count
Humorous: Always able to make a joke to bring spirits up

Negative Traits:
Clueless: Good at humor in social situations, doesn't always know when to crack a joke though
Lactose Intolerant: Gets really sick whenever consuming milk products, requires medication in order to not have massive stomach problems
>>
>>260804
My bad on fucking up the wording for Clueless, basically he can make jokes, but will often make jokes when its not appropriate to make jokes, such as after the death of a survivor.

Also really hyped for a State of Decay type game
>>
>>260810
So you have a flexible stat. Charisma increases by 1 after a good joke (doesnt stack) and decreases by 1 (towards your base charisma which is currently 2). So 3 and 1. Just an idea.
>>
>>260815
Or mabe by 2 and it does stack up to 2 or -2.
>>
>>260815
I think it going up and down by 1 would work, but it wouldn't be permanent, just until people forgot about the joke.
>>
File: Not laughing, nope.gif (2MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
Not laughing, nope.gif
2MB, 286x258px
>>260810
>mfw Tommy, Greg and Dominic starts talkin' shit
>>
Is there a twitter so that we know when this quest goes live?
>>
>>260821
But if your character makes as much jokes as you say he does, no one will forget. Your jokes will stack up to 2+ or 2- by 1 every joke.
>>
I hath arrived.
>>
I'll be playing Hearts of Iron IV (Fascist Italy) for a bit. If I am late on replies, I apologize.
>>
>>264481
My olde english is admittedly weak, but isn't hath past tense?
(Welcome back.)
>>
>>264507
Pretty much, but I believe I used it right considering that I DID arrive and not DOES arrive. Old English can be weird. The symbol ð is the same as þ...I think we still use the pronouns right? (he, she, we, them)
>>
File: 735683568.jpg (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
735683568.jpg
17KB, 200x200px
Awwwww yeaaaah, time to beat up some zeds.
>>
>>264512
>>264507
I believe it is "has't".
>>
Fucking up Yugoslavia right now.

I believe we last left off with deciding what to build. It was pretty unanimous for guard tower and Garden. One more choice needs to be made. (Safe-house will be upgradeable to accommodate more slots but you're starting from the bottom.)
>>
>>264569
Another garden or a medical area. We're going mattress hunting today..
>>
>>264585
I want to keep them individual. Upgradeable slots as well. So once you pick three, you lose them and then I either go down the list till we have none or make up more.
>>
>>264569
A second garden would be my choice.

Also, what kind of loot did we get from the bandits who attacked earlier? Judging from what the first two guys were carrying (rifles and machetes) they seemed pretty well equipped. Also how much gas is left in the humvee? Might need to refill pretty quick here since Tommy put 4 miles on it to pick up the wounded Gerald and friends.
>>
>>264601
So does that mean no double garden all the way?
>>
>>264602
>>264606
>>264601
>>264585
Going to smoke some pot, be right back.
>>
File: 1428754101385.jpg (47KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1428754101385.jpg
47KB, 420x420px
>>264609
>>
Yeah because the garden can be upgraded to accommodate more food and possibly create distilleries and water sources etc.
>>
>>264625
So how would the bed area be implmented?
>>
I think the decision was split between medical rea and sleeping area.
My vote is medicine, but that's mostly because the good doctor will be sleeping in the getaway vehicle.
>>
Bed area doesn't make sense considering we can just improve the club house, I could see if we had a lot more people, but right now I think it'd be pretty easy to fit everyone in there, just need some mattresses.
>>
>>264628
I would like an armory as well. Its difficult to weigh the two. You can still do basic med on the injured without it and the armory would allow us to survive easier in general. On the otherhand, the med area seems to supply medical instruments and the like, which would significantly effectivize the quality of treatment.
>>
Another thing we may point out, is that this might not be the only place we can set up camp, we could find a place with more room like a small condo/apartment complex, clear it out and set up shop inside. Place with high walls like villas would also be doable, or hell a police station
>>
>>264645
Not a police station. Never a police station.
>>
Maybe we should go for medical area, considering Gerald's leg is out for a week. Maybe that time would be shortened with the medical area.
>>
Still here, reading, smoking, chilling with friends. I think though the final decision should be made soon. All agree on one, you can do it. I believe in each and every one of you.
>>
So here's what we have
>Medical area: provides all necessities for a medic and doctor to perform all sorts of procedures
>Gun Range/Armory: A place to keep and practice weapons and weaponry
>>
I vote medical area

(think we can just store the guns in the club house)
>>
So... What now?
>>
>>264662
Then medial area it is. Doc, Anon, and Sam agrees.
>>
>>264665
>medial
medical
Greg too.
>>
>>264649
Yeah yeah we all know that it's a death trap during the outbreak, but once the happening happened a scavenging run well prepared can net a lot of loot there
>>
>>264667
When did I say anything?
>>
>>264665
>anon
thanks sam....
>>
>>264670
If it wasnt taken already. And I was referring to its illegibility as a safe camp. It attracts too much attention. Survivors would be attracted, for better or for worse. And need I remind you that not all survivors in an apocalypse are willing to be- in the simplest term- nice to one another?
>>264673
You dot have to say anything, Greg. I can read your mind.
>>
>>264677
;)
Tommy
>>
>>264680
You can read the thoughts of Tom's hallucinations? Creepy.
>>
>>264680
All I'm thinking is that I'm really thirsty.
>>264683
I'm right here, Doc!
>>
Alright, officially back! So medical area is what I am reading, yes?
>>
>>264683
Indeed.
>>264689
I know
>>
>>264692
That's the majority, yes.
>>264689
Keep telling yourself that, we all know the truth.
>>
>>264692
Yep, medical area.

>>264680
OH GREAT ANOTHER FREAK, like I wasn't losing my sanity already

>>264683
HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT GREG? WHO TOLD YOU?

>>264689
HEY, stop talking to real people, Greg, you aren't allowed.
>>
>>264689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQaa3r6XagI
>>
>>264700
Mary-Ann. Girl knows some interesting things.
>>
>>264716
We know your secret too, doc
>>
>>264719
You never learned the rules to surviving the apocalypse, did you? Ah, what good are schools these days.
#7. Be neither over-devout nor over-deviant.
>>
The groups size has more than tripled within a couple days. Tommy is seriously on the edge at this point, and on his last three cigarettes. Hopefully nothing suspicious happens..Or he finds some kickass drugs.

(I feel like Tommy's charisma of 4 is never going to come into play because he's just a walking nervous wreck of trust issues.)
>>
Night 2

The air outside is getting colder, heralding the slow call of winter. Looking through all the loot and plunder you've accumulated throughout the day is a good way to pass the time. What you've found is:

Keys to Humvee
Humvee (inside were assorted bullets equaling to 1 case of ammunition, 2 assault rifles, 3 machetes, some assorted ration foods, 1 set of walkie-talkies, 2 sets of army fatigues.)

Assorted foods and canned goods equaling out to 3 cases of food

Antiseptic, gauze, bandages and assorted painkillers (Tylenol, Ibuprofen etc.) equaling out to 2 cases of medicine.

As the group is counting the supply and checking the fence, you look around and come to the agreement that you have room to expand and build more. The first thing the group comes to an agreement on is a watchtower, it's obvious vantage point and capabilities are too great to ignore.

The second project the group agrees on is a garden. The ability to grow ones own food is quite a feat in this day and age and will provide food throughout winter. Having no seeds and with winter approaching, a garden outside would not be an advantageous location however.

The third and final project the group decides upon is a medical area. With both a doctor and a chemist on board now, a first-aid/medical station wouldn't be an issue anymore. Seeing the obvious injury and the foreseeable ones to come, the group discusses how beneficial this would be and would have to for now sacrifice comfort for better purposes.
The group understands now that they will have to sleep in sleeping bags, couches, chairs and take shifts which makes them feel a little uneasy knowing a good night's sleep will be few and far between.

Who will take the first shift? (roll a 1d10 lowest gets first.)
>>
>>264730
Which makes your charisma rolls that much more flavored.

"H-hey, c-c-could you please...y'know, like kinda be helpful with us?" (wrings hands, no eye-contact.)
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

I'm taking a machete.
>>
>>264728
Actually, wait, you're a scientist right?

Tommy lazily stumbles over to Prudence, "Hey, bomb-lady, think you could maybe..." He chokes a bit, finding himself embarrassed and a bit ashamed to be asking this, "I mean, you're good at mixing chemicals and shit, right? Think you could make some...'stress relief' potions? You know what I mean?" He smiles awkwardly.
>>
>>264739
Tom, no. We're not wasting precious materials on your god-damn drugs.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>264732
I'll grab a machete too, leave the rifles for people with lower strength. Besides Tommy really needs a backup weapon for stealth kills.

>>264743
YOU LISTEN HERE YOU FUCKIN APPARITION, YOU NEED THEM JUST AS MUCH AS I DO!!!
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>264732

>>264739
I can make a still, if that's what you mean. Was planning on it anyway, alcohol is a good disinfectant and combustable.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>264732
Shouldnt I because of being the closest to a long-range combatant?
>>
>>264745
No I don't, I don't do drugs.
>>
>>264747
Tommy's eyes light up like a kid on christmas morning, even though he never was a big drinker it was hard to not get excited at the prospect of something to lift his spirits. "Yeah, yeah that'd be awesome! Hell yeah man! Bombs and booze, you're my favorite person now!" He laughs really loud afterwards, and somehow you think it might not be a good idea after all..
>>
>>264748
Oh shit
>>
>>264750
Oh come on Greg, we both know you're inside me, so technically you've done just as many drugs as me!
>>
Doc K is going to be taking the first shift. As everyone is fast asleep, off in the distance you can hear all around the moans and groans of zombies. Nothing near but still frightening enough to make you feel very uneasy. Mary-Ann all of a sudden is tugging on your sleeve. "Over there" as she points outside where you see a lone zombie.
>Ignore it
>Kill it
>>
>>264762
Alright, but continuing on this path is going to make you the weakest link.
>>
File: The one throne.png (353KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
The one throne.png
353KB, 640x640px
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>264732
>>
File: yRpOcWy.jpg (19KB, 293x200px) Image search: [Google]
yRpOcWy.jpg
19KB, 293x200px
>>264728
>>264739
>>264745
>>264755
>>264762
>>
>>264773
Hey Gerald kek
>>
>>264765
Observe it, what does it do, it's high time we poke them to see what reaction they do.
>>
>>264773
No, Stumbles, you gotta rest.
>>
>>264765
> Observe it.
What's it doing, and what's around it that I can use?
>>
>>264780
Just a thought, shouldnt you have placed some trap around?
>>
>>264779
That's a strange way to spell gimpy.
>>
>>264786
One more thing we're gonna have to sit down and discuss, even placing cars in a certain position can buy us enough time.

Hope it's not a feral, or a screamer
>>
>>264780
Rest is for those who arent in an apocalypse.
>>264773
Only your ankle is fractured. Drop and give me 80.
>>264790
The accusatory tone was not intentional
>>
>>264767
SO BE IT, GREG, but I'm taking you with me!
>>
Who's the little girl? Not a player?
>>
>>264807
Correct, we have 4 NPCs.
>>
>>264809
>4
Wut
Who are the others?
>>
>>264815
Dave, James, Melissa and Greg
>>
>>264815
See
>>254000
Mary-Ann has reached lvl2 Advisor
>>
>>264826
No, the last one is Mary-Ann.
>>
>>264826
Im going to assume the only female, Greg, is the one that saved you guys twice, yes?
>>
>>264833
Yes.
>>
>>264837
With bombs?
>>
>>264839
Yes.
>>
OP got eaten by the zambies.
>>
File: 1444486159008.png (74KB, 241x207px) Image search: [Google]
1444486159008.png
74KB, 241x207px
>>264846
>>
>>264831
No the last one is you, because I've been talking with Mary this whole time and I KNOW she's a real person, right Mary?

Right.
>>
I think I made a mistake. Its Tommy that has the highest strength stat of us 5. This may be a problem
>>
>>264853
Why?
>>
>>264858
Because he's insane.
>>
>>264858
>>264861
Have room for one more in the Humvee?
>>
Ach fuck, sorry. Been conquering the Balkans for il Duce.

Observing its movements you notice how it moves from place to place looking for food. Not being choosy, it just sort of wanders about. You could ignore it and it may go away but you may also not want to take any chances.
>>
>>264872
What can we do to raise our stats?
>>
>>264861
HOW AM I INSANE? YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S NOT REAL, THAT'S WHAT I CALL INSANE.
>>
>>264877
Tommy, say if I took my machete and swung at you. Would you get hurt?
>>
>>264872
Prudence watches the creature for a few minutes before turning back to Mary-Ann, "Go wake one of the others, quietly."
> Attempt to predict its most likely path
> Move around, with stealth, to set up snares in its path
>>
>>264888
Knives are ready to fly without warning.
>>
>>264888
Watching it for about a half hour, you see it just stand there before it just kind of wanders off...

everyone but Prudence roll a 1d8
>>
Sorry guys, forgot I signed up to do some community service with the wife today, Dominic will return later, if this is still running.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>264891
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>264891
>>
Rolled 3 (1d8)

>>264884
You can't do that because you aren't real, now get back in my head, this whole physical hallucination thing is really getting old.

>>264894
Will do friend.

>>264891
>>
Damn we're tired...
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>264891
>>264891
cripple save
>>
We all get eaten in our sleep

game over
>>
>>264970
New game +
>>
>>264891
OP, get up from your game and do something.
>>
I am gonna create a part two tomorrow on here! I keep getting distracted today and nothing is getting done. I apologize for this.
>>
Okay then, OP.
>>
OP is getting laid
>>
>>264999
Definitely the reason, he even said he was smoking some pot with friends, if that isn't evidence then I don't know what is.
>>
Dammit why do I never catch this thread live.
>>
>>265563
It usually starts at 5am pst every day.
>>
Yo guys, sorry about yesterday. It became super hectic all of a sudden. I have today off and will try to keep this running as long as possible.
>>
A big thanks to Gerald for this!

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 1
Resilience: 1
Intelligence: 1
Wits: 1
Charisma: 1
(13 points to distribute among these)

Weapon of Choice:

====Here's a list of weapon choices=========
Non-Projectile weapons: Small (knives, daggers, hatchets etc) 2d6 for damage
Medium: (baseball bats, rebar, "pointed sticks") 2d8
Large: (Axes, Sledgehammers, Shovels) 2d10

Projectile weapons (requires an accuracy roll of 1d20 first)

Small: (pistols, SMG's, revolvers etc) 1d6 per shot with a maximum of three per turn so you would write first 1d20 and THEN 1d6 per shot so 3d6 or 2d6 etc

Medium: (semi-auto, burst, sniper rifles) 1d8 per shot

Large: (RPG's, LMG's, Mounted guns) 1d12 per shot

Shotguns: 1d4 far away, 1d6 medium range, 2d8 up close.
===========================================

(Your Name Here)

Skills
(Pick 3, you can give bonuses to them if you want like better eyesight might make it easier to shoot guns, or spot equipment, or you can keep it open ended and let the GM decide when it comes into play)

Negative Traits
(You only have to pick one, but I'd suggest picking 2 if you add bonuses to your skills)

Background
(Completely optional)
Combat System
(This is the combat system the GM has decided on, it was originally used for a cyberpunk-esque quest or something, I'm not too sure. We haven't tried it out yet but it's better than what we were using before.)

Phase 1: Tactical Assessment
The QM, from here on referred to in the first person, gives a description of the area that the players are about to engage in. This includes the layout of the room, where enemies are located, what enemies there are, and other points of interest, such as civilians, technology, and other things that don’t strictly fall into the scenery or hostiles categories.

Phase 2: Plan of Attack
At this point, the players will decide and vote on a plan of attack for the room. The plan of attack is a sequence of actions that the MC will take. Each action is rolled on with a 3d10, and are given varying difficulties. For example, moving to cover is almost always a low difficulty check, as in DC 3 or something like that, while shooting a man from 100 meters with your handgun would have a much higher DC, perhaps around 26.

Phase 3: Rolls
Players roll 3d10 to determine success of their actions. Rolls are applied to their respective actions, IE, if the first action is “move to cover” the first roll is applied to it, and so on. Failing a roll can range from a missed shot to you becoming pinned or even hit while moving to cover. I guarantee that no single crit fail can kill you. However, a series of failures may.

Phase 4: Assault
I finally write the result of your plan of attack and rolls. If needed, we go back to phase 1 and continue looping through the four phases until all hostiles are eliminated or otherwise compromised.
>>
>>268287
Perfect timing OP, Im going to miss today's session. How long are you going for?
>>
>>268303
For as long as I can go for. I have today off.
>>
>>268305
Ill be back in about 6 hours. Would there be a good chance of you still being here?
>>
>>268308
Most likely! I want to keep this going until at least 3-4 PM EST
>>
>>268310
Thats perfect; I'll be occupied again a short while after the end time. Well good luck until then, and everyone else with their rolls. May the dice gods be with you.
>>
>>268312
They really never are. I must have angered them at some point.
>>268287
Also, hello Bob.
>>
Just waiting on the rest of the group if not at least 1-2 more people.
>>
Bump when you arrive.
>>
>>268388
BUMP. I thought you said you were starting a new thread?
>>
>>268402
How long can a thread last? I mean in terms of full reply limit.
>>
>>268414
Google it.
>>
>>268414
Current board settings:

Anyone can post images.
Anyone can use painter.
Anyone can use dice & spoilers.
Only OP can use text formatting.
3000 character limit.
750 bump limit.
Decreased post timer to match /tg/ (30 seconds for text, 60 seconds for an image reply).
Automatic permasage after 72 hours.
Thread specific user IDs.
Max threads per IP is 3.
Standard 7 day internal archive.

>It's one of two posts in the sticky. Jeeez.
>>
I just wanted a refresher is all. So we got two people here now. I think I am gonna start it off. Again, if I am slowly replying it is because I am playing HOI4 (if America brought democracy with a bayonet to mexico in 1939.)
>>
Day 3

It's a cloudy, chilly morning. Dr. K is tired and chill to the bone. Fearful to light a fire, she opted to bundle up with a small rifle. As the sun breaks over the hills, Greg comes out to stretch and scratch and immediately regrets coming out in nothing but boxers and a t-shirt.

As Prudence is napping on a couch, Greg looks around at the extensive projects around him.

A medical area, watchtower and garden will be difficult projects and the garden will need to be mostly held off unless they find indoor growing equipment with winter around the corner.

Greg, this is mostly a free-style moment. What is your first (logical) decision.
>>
>>268450
Grab one of the machetes (for self defense) and start working on the Medical Area.
>>
Got a spot for a new player?

Dominic:

Strength: 3

Weapon of choice: Single shot hunting rifle

Skills:
Backpacker: Fine with sleeping on the ground, has great stamina, loves being outdoors
Sharpshooter: Might only have one shot, but he makes it count
Humorous: Always able to make a joke to bring spirits up

Negative Traits:
Clueless: Only really has humor going for him, but doesn't know when is the best time to crack a joke. Depending on whethere the joke was well recieved or not, his Charisma can go up or down by 1 until people forget about the joke
Food Allergies: Make a roll whenever consuming food, if rolling bad, gets a stomach ache
>>
>>268458
Most definitely!

Greg begins to survey the area around around him when he hears a strange knock on the gate..."Shave and a haircut?" you think as you pick up your machete.

You see a man dressed in plain clothes wearing cargo shorts, hiking boots, sunglasses, a fishermen's hat with humorous buttons and lures with a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Fest 1991 t-shirt on waving at you with a grin on his face...and a rifle as well.

How do you proceed?
>>
>>268484
Who the hell are you?
>>
>>268490
I could ask the same thing of yourself stranger, but seeing as I'd like refuge inside that house, I'll introduce myself first. I'm Dominic, I just returned from a really long backpacking trip, and have no fucking clue whats going on. I do know what zombies are though, and I'd like to get inside before continuing this discussion.

(Is the guard tower in the process of construction or is it built yet?)
>>
>>268501
... Fuck it. Come in. This crew only gets bigger and bigger, it's not like you'll be a threat. The name's Greg. Now come help me build this watchtower.
>>
>>268504
Thanks partner, that'll be a good place for me to get us some zombie pickings. How are we doing on food by the way? I could always go out into the wilderness and try to bring back a deer if the zombies haven't eaten them already.
>>
What can he tell us of the situation outside of town? Any fire? Do you still find game to hunt with that rifle of yours? Are you any good with it?
>>
>>268505
We've got food. What we don't have is a steady supply. We could go and bring back food while the others are asleep.
>>
>>268505
Well fuck, I forgot to refresh and there it is lol, oh well, I shouldn't even be awake
>>
>>268515
I'm good with my rifle, bear in mind its single shot, so I can't solo a group of looters, and I'm not sure if we are doing individual ammunition counts, but .30-06 is a common hunting round, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

I don't know if zombies in this eat deer, which is why I posed the question like that. I should have no problem taking down a deer if they are still around, the problem is carrying it back.
>>
>>268527
yeah, roaming dogs could be a problem if animals don't get preyed upon by the zombies
>>
Waking up from a long nap, Dr. K comes outside to see a complete stranger talking with Greg and Gerald.

It's decided upon that the watchtower will be the first project as it is the most important of all right now.

All of you roll a 1d20 plus Int
>>
Rolled 3 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>268544

An elevated position will be nice for seeing people, but bear in mind they can also see it towering above the rest of the neighborhood.
>>
Rolled 18 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>268544
"Y'all just let anyone in, don't you?"
>>
Rolled 15 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>268544
>>
>>268542
Gerald, you need to roll.
>>
Rolled 2 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>268544
>>
>>268562
Gerald becomes more crippled.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>268551
>>268552
>>268556

The group goes through the round of introductions before getting to work. Dominic immediately saws several boards the wrong length and the group has to break into another cache of timber.

Doc K must have been listening to Mary-Ann a lot lately because she has managed to build and connect supports to an overhanging weeping willow tree which grants added cover to the tower. Gerald is immediately in the way and can not help at all with a near fracture. He is out of commission for at least a few more days.

Greg gets to work building the stairs and attaching the rope when you hear another distant rumbling of an engine headed your way...with Tommy sleeping, it's hard to tell if it's the same sounding engine or someone different. Either way the humvee is in the middle of the street...
>Hide Humvee
>Leave it and hide yourselves
>Get weapons ready just in case
>>
>>268568
Hey OP, how do weapon bonuses work?
>>
In combat write 3d10+2 or when using accuracy 1d20+2
>>
>>268568
Telling the others to hide the humvee, Dominic begins a frantic scrabble to the mostly completed guard tower and will ready his rifle once he reaches he top.
>>
>>268568
My bed!
> Hide it.
> Hide self near it
>>
>>268575
Sounds good.
>>
>>268571
I keep forgetting to put on my name when switching between quests.

Anyways, I have a talent that makes me aim better, would I just add another +2 to my accuracy roll?
>>
>>268568
OP? We've made our decision.
>>
>>268592
He's probably playing hearts of iron, or writing.

Probably both at the same time. Watch as zombies turn into Italian facists halfway through the post.
>>
>>268593
What's the difference?
>>
>>268580
Pretty much. If you were a hunter, naturally, you'd be an excellent if not proficient shot.

Listening for the sound of the engine you hear it veer off in another direction. Making a collective sigh of relief, the group realizes that they have been working a very long time and that is near 4 PM when they see the progress on the watchtower. The support beams are up and the beginnings of the square post are in progress and it should hold up until the next day but for now, the only real trouble is Gerald's injury and losing some construction materials.

(In the distance you hear the groans of one zombie "Me ne fregooooo")
>>
>>268595
Let's go to sleep. I think Dominic should take watch for tonight.
>>
>>268598
Agh, wrong person replied to. Ah well.
>>
>>268596
Is there any place; like just across the street we could send people to clear out for loot or anything? we don't need to send the whole gang as it is close by. And it could be a nice place to tries some experiments, like throwing cleaning products around to see if the smell turns off the zombies
>>
>>268598
I'm fine with that, I'll sleep it off in the next few days, then go off on a hunting expedition. I'll need someone or something with me that will help me take the deer back home.
>>
>>268598
make people take shift
>>
>>268603
I need those cleaning supplies. Also paint, and a shovel.
>>
The group decides to turn in for the night, but Gerald brings up the idea of scavenging right across the street. With the house next to it blown to bits, this wouldn't be a bad place to look around for loots.

All roll a 1d6 (lowest is on guard duty)

Then after this will be a roll for scavenging everyone except guard duty. Highest of 1d8 is the two that go.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>268613
Had guard duty last night, opting out.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>268613
Hope you guys find some smoke for Tommy
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>268613
I'm having internet problems.
>>
>>268613
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

>>268628
annnd it didnt roll
>>
>>268617
Doc K, roll a d6, not a d8
>>
Gerald has pulled the small straw.

Gerald sets a lawn chair and posts by the side of the fence as a look out. He won't be fast but nothing will get through that gate so long as has enough bullets.

The group is now deciding who should go for the small scavenging run.
>>
>>268641
D6 is guard duty. Did it last night, two nights of no sleep is bad.
D8 is scavenger team.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d8)

>>268650
>>
Rolled 8 (1d8)

>>268650
hopefully I have a chance to prove my worth to those skeptical of my skills

also, are suppressors a thing, or are we going by realistic suppressors where I would have to find subsonic ammo and a suppressor?
>>
>>268658
You and me, Dom.
>>
>>268658
They are a rarity in my game. Honestly, only real crazy dudes have those and raiders in Massachusetts (super illegal here)
>>
>>268658
Let's handwave things such as supressors and other shits.
>>
Greg and Dom pack only a few hours worth of food and some gauze.

Moving quietly across the street they come up to the front entrance of the house. Locked, you have to bash it in. Greg, roll a 1d20 plus Str (3)
>>
Rolled 7 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>268671
>>
>>268672
Not injury worth, but I'd say we failed to kick the door down.
>>
>>268672
That's a sliding door you goof
>>
>>268672
Shouldering the door, you realize it's made of sturdier stuff. It takes a few more tries before the door is down which made a LOT of noise. Off in the distance, you hear some glass shattering and far off groaning. You must have alerted some zambies when the door came down.

Inside the house looks normal. An entrance hall in front of you with the kitchen to the left and living room to the right with the dining hall down the hall.

>Move quickly (makes more noise but gathers quickly)
>Try to hide and stay quiet (will take longer but have a greater chance of losing zombie's interest)
>Rush out and sprint back to base
>Look for zombies to kill
>>
>>268678
I'd say we try to hide. If we get into combat, I have my machete (WOC) so we'll probably be safe...
>>
>>268678
Could call up some reinforcement from the camp, you guys got a walkie right?
>>
>>268678
Yeah, my gun makes a lot of noise, lets hide.
>>
File: Me ne frego.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Me ne frego.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
you cheeky cunt
>>
Both of you make a Wits roll 1d20+Wits to successfully hide without making noise.
>>
Rolled 10 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>268706
>>268683
>>
Rolled 16 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>268706
here we go
>>
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 8
Intelligence: 2
Wits: 2

Swift: Very agile and swift, capable of moderate parkour and easily outruns most people.
Accurate: Boyscout with archery training, great with a bow, average with a rifle.
Hidden: A natural in camouflage, can easily meld into nature and most shadows.

Weak: Physically quite weak.
Naturist: Very uncomfortable in heavily urbanised environments.

Weight: 53kg
Height: 160cm

Write me in somewhere, I'm probably hidden along a road or behind a tree.
>>
>>268715
Choose a preferred weapon, for you I guess it would be medium projectile?

I forgot to mention mine was medium projectile, whoops
>>
>>268715
Just realised that I might be the oldest PC in the group, feels bad man.
>>
>>268715
Proffered is Medium yep.
>>
>>268719
Don't you mean the youngest?
>>
>>268710
>>268712
Greg hears the zombies getting closer and tells Dominic to hide who immediately finds a crevice between a wall and a couch while Greg steps into the bathroom shower but before doing so accidentally closes the door a little too hard.

Within moments, you can hear the scratching at the door and the banging at the windows. It seems like hours before they slowly dissipate while you double check to see if the coast is clear.

Both of you make yet another wits roll to find supplies in the house.

>>268719
We have adults in the group as well. Dominic was a woodsman and hiker before all this and I believe Greg and Gerald are in their late 20's early thirties.
>>
Rolled 19 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>268723
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>268723
I'd imagine myself in my early 20's, fresh out of college, still wondering what I wanted to do besides hike when the apocalypse hit.
>>
>>268723
Early 20s...
>>
>>268723
I used my age as the same as my character, I'm 32...shit...
>>
>>268725
>>268726
Dominic is picking through shelves and drawers and finds only a few cans of corn and green beans.
However, Greg enters the basement and finds out this guy was a car enthusiast as there are scores of tools and power equipment and a first-aid kit and to the right is a storeroom of scores of different food stuffs...as well as the rotted corpse of the previous occupant clutching a shotgun with another rotted corpse on top of him.

Both of you also manage to find some painkillers and snacks which will help with scavenging runs.

>Move on to the next house
>Head back and switch shifts
>>
>>268740
Let's move on to the next house.
>>
>>268740
How much are we carrying? If we can fit all the loot from the next house, I'm fine with going onto it, but if we are overloaded, lets go back, a gun is a great find, and tools will help us with repairs at base, and we don't want to lose them in our rush to avoid some zombies.

>>268743
guess we are going on to the next house
>>
REJOICE, SURVIVORS! I HAVE RETURNED.
>>
>>268740
If it's too much to bring, leave the stuff by the door and call up people to grab the gathered loot.
>>
>>268715
I was waiting for someone like you.
>>
>>268740
>a car enthusiast
Now isn't that something that our mechanic gonna love sorting through?
>>
>>268759
>>268746
>>268743
With Greg's find it'd probably be too much. With the vehicle you may be able to take more.

Looking to your left you both see another house which also looks abandoned but before grabbing your bags you see a shadowy figure dart from the house and into the woods
>Give chase
>Ignore the strange event and continue on, you'll probably see more like this
>>
>>268762
Something wrong?
>>
>>268766
Can I throw a knife at that direction?
>>268768
No.
>>
>>268766
Ignore the shadowy figure, we don't want all this loot to be lost in an ambush. Let's take our find home, and if its too much to carry, call up some other survivors.
>>
>>268771
pls don't throw knives at me sir
>>
>>268766
Give chase.
>>
>>268766
>>Ignore the strange event and continue on, you'll probably see more like this
>>
>>268771
It's me and greg out on a scavenging run, you are probably still at base.
>>
>>268775
Not to kill you. The idea is to flush you out. Your stats wont be enough to keep you from at the very least making some spastic tick.
>>268776
No Greg. It says in his bio taht he outruns most people? You have 9 dex?
>>
>>268779
Ugh, fine, we'll ignore him.
>>
>>268778
>8 ▶
>>>268771 (You)
>It's me and greg out on a scavenging run, you are probably still at base.
Can I be out on a walk instead? I wouldnt feel comfortable in an enclosed space with strangers and two corpses in the basement.
>>
>>268782
>Just ignore it when your food stores begin mysteriously depleting
>>
>>268784
This would be a good setup for an encoutner with Archie, though. We could cross paths or I could see him hiding while on a roof or something.
>>
Can we just go back the base already?
>>
>>268790
Please excuse any typos that I will definitely make in the future. My apologies and thank you.
>>
>>268791
This is my vote, we can notice Archie perched on a roof or something with zombies surrounding him, and then one of our moral compasses will indicate we have to save him.
>>
>>268800
Can I beat a Zambie in a foot race? or are we dealing with super freaks here
>>
>>268800
Its unlikely he would be surrounded though, 15 as he is. Kind of hard to be surrounded when you know parkour.
>>
>>268791
How long did this takes, is there still some light left to come back before it gets too dark? Might be best to light up a fire in a place far away from home to lure the zeds
>>
You decide to ignore the strange occurrence and call in a couple more people to help haul all the goods back to base. James and Sam are the obvious choices. All 3 of you roll a Strength roll
>>
>>268803
Normal laggers. Sometimes they run, but no faster than their decaying bodies can allow them.
>>
Rolled 3 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>268804
I meant the zombies crowded around the house of the roof he is on, and will eventually run out of food.

>>268803
Walkers, so far...

>>268807
rolling
>>
>>268810
So you're saying if we encounter Usain Bolts zombie...
>>
Rolled 9 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>268807
+1 for luck
+2 for strength
>>
Rolled 10 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>268807
>>
>>268812
I suppose so. But keep in mind that unless if form is deeply ingrained into the muscles of the individual. they wont be as fast.
>>
>>268811
Yeah...huh, as long as you don't put more strain on that you won't sit your ass with me in the medical area
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

Dominic tries desperately to prove himself by attempting to pick up a large box. What he didn't realize is the box was holding an old engine inside of it and nearly broke his toe when it dropped out from the box narrowly avoiding it.
Sam has decided to play it safe by picking up smaller things, letting those who are stronger to the more heavy lifting.
Greg and James are busy loading up all the power tools and boxes of food when the earlier rumbling you hear earlier has come back and it's coming closer....
>>
>>268837
Weapons ready.
>>
>>268837
Those gangers have quite a lot of vehicles
>>
(you guys are beating danger off with a stick)

Surprisingly it passes RIGHT by you. All of you managed to be in the house as it drove by and completely misses the humvee and supplies in front of the house....how do you react?
>>
>>268849
Get the supplies in quickly, with weapons at the ready.
>>
>>268849
Where'd I get the stick? No matter, stick together and move on with the task. Keep an eye out.
>>
>>268849
Keep calm, get a good look at the streets, make sure the noise didn't bring in anything else. Call up the camp to warn them to keep a discreet lookout for them
>>
>>268849
Thank the luck god, load up the stuff into the humvee and leg it back to base.
>>
Wait, where are we? How much did I miss? Are we on a supply run right now?
>>
>>268859
We found some nice loot on a suprise run, then some looters drove right past us, missing the humvee parked in the middle of the street somehow.
>>
>>268863
supplies, not surprise...
>>
>>268859
Yeah, sent a smaller group out on a run close to home, turned out to be a good haul and might have a 1st contact with a new survivor, the second in the same day.
>>
Outta fucking nowhere I come in and kneecap a motherfucker and run off with a box of food.

Right QM?
>>
>>268863
>>268865
>>268867
More cookies or toilet paper?
>>268868
You're not strong enough. Go back to the bushes.
>>
>>268872
Yeah, if he did that, he'd probably get shot in the knee or I'd cut off a bit of his scalp.
>>
>>268872
Don't need strength to shoot someone in the leg with your trusty compound bow and run like a maniac because you're starving.
>>
>>268873
Or I'd skin his ass.
>>268868
Your time will come.
>>
>>268868
>>268872
(this could get interesting.)
Oh, for the fuck of it I forgot, you find a pack of smokes with 6 left inside.

As Sam is being putting some medicines in a bag, he hears rustling outside.

>Do you look alone
>Bring a friend
>>
>>268873
>>268876
Hey it's a hard world, you don't need to become barbaric reavers and be all psycho,

A starving kid doesn't trust a group of shady looking suspects so he does a smash and grab because he's starving to death, where is your sense of MORALITY!?
>>
>>268875
But you said kneecap :(
And bows are a lot harder to draw than you would think.
>>268877
I just stay still and listen, with a grip on my knives. My wit, dex, and int should be cocurrent in my ability to respond to suprise attacks. Its precisely why I evened them.
>>268883
I joking ;)
>>
>>268885
> I joking
Wut. I'm*
>>
As you are preparing for the worst, you hear a loud
"HEY!!!" as James trips over a chair giving chase to something! "Little piece of shit stole Ramen packs and a box of cookies!!!"
>Chase down
>Call it a loss
>>
>>268877
Communication is key, never go somewhere without telling someone where you'll go, never go alone if you can help it
>>
>>268895
Chase down.
>>
>>268895
>>Call it a loss
gonna have to make security tighter
>>
>>268895
MOTHERFUCKER. NO ONE TOUCHES MY COOKIES. Hunt him down. Throw knives to control where he runs. I would like to avoid impaling his calves.
>>268896
Unfortunately, Stumbles is correct. I make brief eye contact with Greg and Dominic, the look in their eyes tell me...
Yes/no?
>>
>>268903
Yes.
>>
>>268903
Make a Dex roll -1 Sam. You are after all in a mad rage of lost cookies.
>>
>>268903
Well Dominic seems to have been absent for a while now. Chase him. Fortunately, the sports I used to excel (as I implied in my bio) in was track and field, cross country, and soccer. Run boy. I will catch you.
>>
>>268895
>Call it a loss
Dominic unslings his rifle from his back, and draws a bead on the person moving away quickly until he notices how skinny looking the kid was. Lowering the rifle, he calls over to his friends

"It's not worth the trouble or what people would think of us if we killed a kid who just stole some food to survive, lets get back before those looters come back though."
>>
>>268914
Dominic, who the fuck cares about what others think? We're getting that little shit.
>>
Rolled 17 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

+4 from dex
+1 from luck
-1 from rage penalty
>>268918
Aye.
>>
>>268920
Id like to recruit him, which is why I didnt want to actually use his body as a sheath for any knives. Admonish and order him to come with us.
>>
Do I get a counter roll?
>>
>>268929
Nope. But dont worry, Ill be gentle. Hope you have some lube with you.
>>
>>268929
Actually, yeah. You hear "COOOOOOOKIIIEEES!!!" in the distance and the banging of a door in your direction followed by hustled movements through the trees.
Frantic, you look for a quick hiding spot.

Make a wits roll to hide quickly.
>>
>>268931
Wut, why don't I get a counter roll?
>>
>Archie acts as a decoy for the looters.
>We just activated their trap card.
Wouldn't that beat all? Maybe he got "recruited" into working for them, or some other generic plot.
>>
>>268932
Oh dude, thats the worst battle cry. And seriously? Might as well blast some Unearth and mosh with the neighbhorhood zombies.
>>
>>268932
+2 Wits
+1 Camouflage skill

Please no rape
>>
>>268932
>"COOOOOOOKIIIEEES!!!"
>>
>>268935
So you WANT to die?
>>268932
With that much noise, we're dead anyway.
>>268938
Type "dice+1d20 + 3" in the options area above the text area.
>>
Rolled 20 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>268938
oops.
>>
File: GoodShow.jpg (4KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
GoodShow.jpg
4KB, 269x187px
>>268942
Bravo.
>>
>>268942
FOJOINAUDWADYWA*DOYA&%@%@*!!!!@@#%^^%^%^%&!@!@*(*!(@)DJ OWHOAFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. ITS THAT DAMN "FUCK ME" SKILL.
>>
>>268942
I have become Cookie, Rapist of Man.
>>
I can't stop laughing...
>>
>>268942
yeah sam you ain't catching him
>>
File: mai cookeis....gif (278KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
mai cookeis....gif
278KB, 450x338px
>>
File: trap and camouflage.png (1MB, 901x601px) Image search: [Google]
trap and camouflage.png
1MB, 901x601px
>>268949
They were pretty good
>>
>>268945
>>268944
Jumping into a nearby bush within seconds of total destruction, you see a man burst through the trees searching hectically through any spot he can find. Covering your mouth, you try your best not to breathe but not before being grabbed up by someone else and being dragged back to the house you stole from. Turning you see what looks like the man you knocked over.

Being brought back to the house you see a group of eccentric yet equally dangerous looking men staring you down....how do you all react?
>>
>>268955
Take some rope and tie a strong knot around the kid's feet.
>>
>>268957
If we dangle him outside of the fence, we have good bell for when zombies are approaching. Kind of like a canary in a mineshaft.
>>
>>268955
I got caught on a Nat 20 without doing anything epic? That's disheartening.

I plan my next escape, trying to not imagine these heretics eating me.
>>
>>268955
Retrieve my cookies and return to packing.
>>268957
Wouldnt recommend it. Just talk to him.
>>268960
:(
>>
>>268955
17 years old, Bob
>>
>>268957
>>268960
>>268962
Tying him up to avoid any undue escapes or tricks. The group is deciding what to do with him in hushed tones. Some say kill him and be rid of him for good before he tries anything else, others suggest bringing him into the fold, he has his uses and he is pretty fast.
>Keep him
>Kill him
>Cut him loose and "banish" him
>>
>>268973
>Keep him
Slam into his solar plexus and watch him out of the corner of our eyes as we resume packing. The attack should incapacitate him for a long while. Roll for strength?
>>
Rolled 6 + 9 (1d20 + 9)

>>268973
Rolling for sudden DEX break-away and escape
I ain't getting killed by these psychopaths

+8 Dex
+1 Fast
>>
>>268973
Keep him. He's a good thief.
>>
>>268973
Keep the bugger, if only for use as a distraction
>>
>>268978
15 :(

I barely make it outside before someone throws a brick at my head :(
>>
>>268979
Scout, you mean. We two will do the supply runs but he can offer some recon.
>>268982
You mean a knife. And no, youre still tied up.
>>
>>268983
And Dominic.
>>
>>268983
I was thinking we distract the zombies while he robs the places.
>>
>>268982
You did great on the roll, he would have killed you then and there. I just want to bring you into the fold quickly. We had I believe Doc K wait a whole session and a half before she came in which sucked. It was hilarious how you came in and punked them before though.
>>
>>268983
High DEX makes bound hopping a possible escape tactics!
>>
>>268989
I dont think thats how dexterity works, by definition (in rope escaping). It'd be more logical to incorporate wits.
>>
>>268988
MK mk, my character is just VERY wary of everyone and is a complete loner who doesn't trust any of you PSYCHOPATHIC HERETICS
>>
>>268987
Other way around, he leads the zombies in circles with his nice speedy legs, while we loot a place, then he leads the zombies into a chokepoint where we massacre them.
>>
File: 100 Stealth skill.gif (2MB, 359x372px) Image search: [Google]
100 Stealth skill.gif
2MB, 359x372px
>this encounter
>>
If he runs off again, I'm going after him. Need I remind you, I spared your legs. You run off and we catch you, well then I don't think we could waste any more rope... And I haven't gotten to use my Machete yet...
>>
>>268997
Fast, but not super durable. I burn out after 45 minutes of running
>>
>>268987
He isnt strong enough to carry most things.
>>269000
Dammit Greg. We can just make an incision into his Achilles' Heel.
>>269001
>1 ▶
>>>268997
>Fast, but not super durable. I burn out after 45 minutes of running
Thats way too long to be "not durable". Fast jogging sure (I dont mean that embarassing thing people do every morning with their grandma pace). But running, no.
>>
The group finally turns around to Archie and gives him a sort of ultimatum/offer, join them or leave now and never come back....sort of mulling it over in his head, he may not have to trust them....but he certainly can see the use of not being alone...

>>269001
>inb4 "very dangerous at short distances
>>
>>269001
It shouldn't take us that long to loot a house, and once you get tired just warn us, and we can set up a kill zone to get them off your back

>>269008
Let's head back to base and work on construction again, we need to build up with this massive influx of survivors.
>>
>>269000
just toss him on his belly with his hands tied behind him, you've ever tried getting up without using your hands?
>>
>>269009
Agreed, we've got all this stuff to bring back, anyways.
>>
>>269011
Yes. You just need enough muscular strength and free legs or bendable knees.
>>
>>269007
A trained and experienced 15 year old can do a well paced run for 45 minutes if he's half competent. I'm not talking about sprinting, I'm talking about fast-jogging in front of walkers.
>>
>>269017
Not with your resilence stat. My character's is from my own. I did use to be a runner.
>>
>>269023
>character's
character's bio*
>I did use to be a runner
Ew. Is this correct grammar?
>>
>>269023
Well yeah, he's a sprinter not a marathoner but with the adrenaline and will to survive and strong cardiovascular health I'm certain this healthy testosterone pumped teenager can run for half an hour or so in fro of ravenous death machines.
>>
>>269017
We're either talking about different paces or you've never really ran.
>>269028
Half-an-hour is plausible. An I was a sprinter. When you're a good sprinter, you have enough muscle and good enough cardiovascular health to run a good while and at a faster pace than the common person.
>>
>>269033
>An
And*
Just stick with parkour and sprinting, man. Its more than useful enough for your goals.
>>
>>269033
>>269033

Different cultures have different understandings of what the word 'run' means.

In this case I'm implying that the pace would be 5-10% faster than the common "jog" that you'd see every morning.
>>
>>269039
I never said I wouldn't, another anon said they would utilise the character in that way and I was extrapolating the possibilities, character can adapt and change you know.
>>
Night 3: 1:25 AM

Gerald is snoozing when he hears a slight rapping at the gate which wakes him immediately. Walking up to the gate he can see that there is a "new recruit". Only sighing, he unlocks the barrier and allows the group to relax and count their goods.

You've gained:
2 caches of food
1 small cache of medicine
5 sets of construction materials
1 set of advanced tools (allows to speed up construction or create advanced blueprints when you find 3)
1 shotgun

>11/25 food
>7/25 medicine
>18/25 construction materials (1 advanced set)
>7/25 ammunition
>9/25 fuel
>Attitude: tense
>Storage capacity: 25

What will you do next?
>>
>>269041
Please dont use percentages. Humans dont run very fast to begin with and using percentages creates a larger gap in understanding when not using actualy statistics. That would be a light-ish jog then. I was measuring speed with that used in mild warm-ups by actual runners. And no, not actually cultures. People of varying fitness and goals, yes. Just to note, however, constantly running with adreneline would wear you out to exhaustion and/or simply cease to occur when it should. You're using vital sugars.
>>269044
Thats true, but too soon, I think.
>>
>>269049
We should unpack the loot. Introduce the "new recruit" and fill everyone in on what happened. Then talk to him.
>>
Archie, you forgot to take off your name :^)
>>
>>269049
Cards. Yes, poker night, everyone is way too tense.
>>
>>269049
>>269065
Yeah, let's relax for a bit.
>>
>>269065
Someone stole my cookies.
>>
>>269062
whatchu talkin bout NIGGUH
>>
Hum role call
Gerald
Prudence
Tommy
Sam
Archie (pending)
NPCs: Dave, James, Melissa, Mary-Anne,
Greg
>>
In one of the drawers, Dr. K pulls out a full deck of cards not even opened. The crew agrees that this will definitely help them unwind.
>Blackjack
>Poker
>Go Fish
>>
>>269081
Can I refuse?
>>
>>269081
Poker.
>>269083
No, you're the most stressed out.
>>
>>269088
I am? Aw
>>
>>269081
Blackjack
>>
>>269081
Blackjack, I'm dealing.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

For me:
1. Blackjack
2. Poker
3. Go Fish
>>
>>269081
I already said poker.
> there is a child present, so no blackjack and hookers.
> there is only one child present, so no go fish
Oh, and Mary-Ann technically counts as a child as well, but she doesn't care for go fish.
>>
>>269096
Technically, a 17-year old is also a child.
>>269096
Neither does the 17-year old
>>
>>269096
Poker it is, where's the Poker simulator at.
>>
>>269099
What about Archie? The 15 y/o.
>>
>>269101
Uh just sit tight.
>>
>>269099
>that'sthejoke
>>
>>269103
Thats was the original child Prudence was reffering to (I think). But thats still a ratio of 3 children to 3 adults. We can pretend Gerald, Dominic, and Tommy are here. Since Prudence wants to consider NPCs, there's a +3 to the adults by Melissa, James, and the other dude who's name I forgot.
>>
>>269103
Oh, shit, we got two now. My bad.
>>
>>269109
>>269112
Wow. Thanks doc.
>>269110
That was*
>>
>>269110
I think Tommy OD'd, actually. He hasn't woken up for... a while. Should we... Cut his head off?
>>
Yo we in some post-apocalyptic world I'm pretty sure nobody gives a fuselage about gambling laws
>>
>>269114
Dibs on his legs. Smacking zombies with a foot 10/10.
>>
>>269117
For humans, laws are all the more important in a lawless world.
>>
>>269081
OP, while we're playing poker, can I tie up Tommy's legs? You know, in case he turns.
>>
>>269114
Stop trying to get out of Tommy's head, Greg.
>>
>>269121
Dont bruise it. We should gag him too.
>>
>>269123
Doc, stop pretending to be insane. It only works for Tommy. Get your own shtick.
>>
>>269123
>>269129
Stop scaring Archie you PSYCHOPATHIC HERETICS.
>>
>>269119
There's nobody to enforce them and no consequences to breaking them though.

Besides obvious moral obligations and not becoming psychopaths and taking people's will and life and freedom away from them, petty bureaucratic gambling laws are laughable at this stage.
>>
>>269133
You just completely disregarded the context of my reply.
>tiem2cri
>>
>>269134
You're a fucking heretic scum, I'm going to put an arrow through your eyes the minute you fall asleep you disreputable argumentative self-absorbed PIECE OF TRASH.
>>
>>269140
Um okay. Just leave a note.
>>
Actually, I'm not going to tie up the drug-infused maniac. New guy, you go do it.
>>
It seems the group has now become more tense as the night goes on. All of you roll a wits roll to determine the winner.
>>
File: 1466112468130.jpg (48KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466112468130.jpg
48KB, 400x500px
>>269143
Dude.
>>
Rolled 10 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>269146
>>
Rolled 7 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>269146
+4 from wits
+1 from luck
>>
>>269147
What? He's a boy scout. He knows how to tie a knot.
>>
Rolled 5 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>269146
WHATever
>>
>>269152
>>269153
So much for the child safety clause. Archie's playing?
>>
Rolled 8 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>269146
"Hey guys, blackjack is like, trying to get to 21 right? Kinda funny, seeing how two blackjacks would give us the meaning of life, and we could sure use that right now"

Looking around, Dominic tries to get a sense of how well his joke was recieved.
>>
Rolled 4 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>269146
Why you lot listen to the doc for social endeavors, I will never know.
>>
>>269155
"Ba-dum-tss".
>>
>>269154
YOU GONNA stop ME huh BUB?

You don't KNOW ME
>>
>>269155
Douglas Adams is rolling his grave.
>>269156
>>269155
>>269153
>>269151
>>269149
I win.
>>
Rolled 4 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>269146
why the fuck
>>
>>269155
"I thought it was 42?'
>>269159
Did I anger you per chance?
>>
>>269160
Well, probably literally, with the Zombies and all...
>>
>>269162
Missed the "two". I feel stupid.3
>>
>>269146
I won, OP. What does that mean?
>>
>>269169
+1 roll of toilet paper.
Sam approves.
>>
With Greg's royal flush, it seems he is the clear winner of the final hand at poker. He gains one cigarette to calm his nerves and a double shot of whiskey.

Day 4
It seems an Indian Summer is rolling around because the sun is shining through the windows as everyone is half arguing half enjoying the night. You haven't heard the other truck in a long time so they must have rolled through one last time and called it a night.

The watchtower is still in the works as is the medical area and garden. You have the option of uplifting the spirits of your group if one of you chooses to cook a large meal by spending 2 caches of supplies.
>>
>>269175
What're we rolling?
>>
>>269176
More of a choice/free talk at this point.
>>
This needs to be a series, OP. This is great. It allows newcomers to join in easily, and people from the beginning get all sorts of fun stories.
>>
>>269179
Sure, why not? I can cook.
>>
>>269182
Alright, Sam I Am, looks like we're getting Eggs and Ham.
>>
>>269181
Will definitely make this a series.

>>269182
Roll 1d20+int for the dankest eggs und ham.
>>
>>269175
yeah pop the large meal, maybe it'd be time to cross out the places we've visited on our map?
>>
>>269182
Some classical pies of pizza. Reminds people of the old times. A memento of the old times.
>>269183
You corny dolt
>>
Rolled 11 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>269187
>>
Rolled 20 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>269187
>>
>>269196
Brace yourselves. Your tastebuds are about to be assualted by Sam's green eggs and ham.
>>
File: Compliments to the chef.webm (1MB, 1080x604px) Image search: [Google]
Compliments to the chef.webm
1MB, 1080x604px
>>269196
>>
>>269196
Remembering a trick or two from high school cooking class, you make a few omelettes with some of the air wrapped peppers still intact along with hot tea and canned peaches uplifting everyone's spirits and giving them energy to build faster and more efficiently.
>>
>>269211
Now let's finish that watchtower.
>>
>>269214
What do we do with Archie?
>>
>>269211
>>269214
Seconding watch tower, then lets see if we can hit up a hardware store to expand our base for more survivors, and more upgrades

Also, are the zombies more powerful at night, or are they the same all throughout?
>>
>>269217
I'll tie something heavy to his foot.
>>
>>269220
Same throughout, I think. But to what degree is sight involved in their locating of prey is my question.
>>269217
Archie, are you okay? Where are you? If I hurt your feelings Im sorry. And no arrows in my face when Im sleeping, please. Its bad for my skin.
>>269222
Can I try to recrut him? A skill of mine is supposed to be a bonus to my social interactions.
>>
>>269214
>>269217
>>269220
(gonna wrap this up in ten minutes)

Everyone is sitting around, having a great time talking about different aspects of life, more prevalent is zombies behavior. Archie, still tied to the chair asks if he can get some food and water.
Greg decides he'll release, however, he must wear a cinder-block brace around his ankle for a while before they can trust him.

Everyone but Archie and Gerald, roll an Int roll. (sorry to Gerald, didn't mean to leave you hanging this whole time.)

Sam, roll a Charisma roll.
>>
>>269223
No, I'll try. We're both scouts. Err, ex-scouts I guess.
>>
>>269223
(Was AFK rescuing a curious Frog who broke into my house)

I mean, if I do stuff for you you will give me food?
>>
Rolled 3 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>269225
Oh yeah, give him food and water.
>>
Ok, so, I need some thing for my two projects.
First, the garden: Semi-opaque plastic sheeting. This should be readily available from insulation, shower curtains, paint drops, all over. Staple that to a wooden frame, and you've a removablw greenhouse.
Second, the perimeter: a trowel, a whole lot of pointy sticks, and some bright paint. Or water balloons and quick cement.
>>
>>269225
Charisma
>>
Rolled 7 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>269225
also we are on autosage, still page 6 though, will it be a new thread tomorrow, or still on this one?
>>
Rolled 10 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>269225
>>
Rolled 17 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>269235
Sorry, charisma
>>
Rolled 3 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

Int
>>269238
Add 1 to that because of my Soial Analyst skill
>>
>>269236
Definitely new thread tomorrow.

Greg, has eaten a little too much and when he tries to climb the ladder, he falls on the second step and immediately decides to "orient" Archie around homebase.
Dominic does a little better to look into boxes before picking them up and puts varnish all along the wood, keeping rain damage off for a while.

Doc K has presented the group with her project and they see that she'll get this done effectively as James and Michelle begin to pull off shower curtains and remove thick plastic wrap from all the old construction materials.

Sam sits down next to Archie who breaks into a box of...cookies and calmly explains to him why it's bad to steal from us but also says how giving they are to people who work for them. Archie, giving a look reminiscent of a mouse staring at a snake, he nods his head up and down understanding what Sam is putting down...

A rumble in the distance, an engine roar and screaming voices....they found you....

Ending it here for this thread! Big round of applause to those that started this and kept it going and to all those who helped shape this game! Will be starting a new thread on here tomorrow and will look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
>>
>>269266
Deserving of a knightly "hurrah!". Thank you OP.
>>
>>269266
Thanks OP for a great game and idea!

Hopefully I can wake up in time for the next thread
Thread posts: 787
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.