[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scrotus-4 Evolution Game: thread 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 12

File: sphinctermaws.png (50KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sphinctermaws.png
50KB, 600x1000px
Previous Thread
>>226141
> http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/226141/

Doing this myself since the original OP doesn't seem to be around and somebody else requested it.

Rules are pretty standard:
>Post a picture of a creature with a mutation edited in. Give a description.
>Don't add complicated features, progress slowly.
>Be creative.
>Don't modify something twice in a row, give other people a chance to contribute.
>Be realistic
>Have fun!

Posting the ends of lines/near ends. Starting with the Sphinctermaws.
>#1: Gliding Sphinctermaw
An animal that isn't picky about what it eats. They have compound eyes on the ends of flexible stalks used as fins. They can quickly open and close their rear tentacles to make quick getaways from predators. As they do so, they release a chemical to sting the eyes of predators, like pepperspray.
The orange color supposedly fades under depths of 5 meters (slightly more than 15 feet)

>#2. Crawling Sphinctermaw
These bottom feeders scuttle the sea floor, catching food particles on the bristles which tip their tentacles.

>#3. Craspaw
They are similar to the above creature. Having finger-like projections of their tentacles, they can grab larger bits of food.
Blue color is supposedly a camouflage.

>#4. Carnivorous Sphinctermaw
These predators use their clawed tentacles to rip the flesh of their prey into nice bite-sized chunks. While more aggressive, they are smaller, thus lower in the food chain that what will be listed in the next post.
Muted color is supposedly harder to see.
>>
File: dickus.png (59KB, 1109x1756px) Image search: [Google]
dickus.png
59KB, 1109x1756px
Now on the various species of Biggus Dickus. Listed top to bottom.

>Dark Biggus Dickus
The Dark Biggus Dickus is currently the largest animal on Scrotus-4. From their size around 8 or 9 inches long on average. :^) , an adult specimen is rarely bothered by predators.
Larvae and juveniles however are heavily preyed upon. Their color does help with this. They hide in the mud of the sea floor whenever they can smell a predator nearby.
Unless the other three species, the DBD lacks eyes, and instead has numerous scent receptors around its head.

>Lumped Biggus Dickus
This jawless carnivore hunts by spitting up a corrosive fluid to partially digest prey. Then it swallows everything whole with its big mouth. They have two secondary pipes leading from their mouth to the rear of their stomach for pumping water through in order to flush out indigestible matter.
The thin strip of exoskeletal plate provides a surface for their muscles to anchor to.

>Armored Biggus Dickus
Like their Lumped cousins, these Biggus Dickus too spit out a corrosive digestive fluid. Their increase in exoskeletal plating gives a sturdy paddle for swimming. They have the habit of attacking prey from the front if possible, mostly to avoid the Gliding Sphinctermaw's spray.

>Unnamed Biggus Dickus
This species of Dickus are omnivores. They've dropped most of their predatory behavior and only eat meat if the opportunity presents itself. To aid in eating plant matter, they swallow small stones to grind up food in a small fore-stomach.
>>
File: this thing.png (4KB, 365x187px) Image search: [Google]
this thing.png
4KB, 365x187px
And this thing. It doesn't have a name. We don't know what it eats. It has a big mouth, a flappy tail, and some sort of light-sensitive ring around its body.
>>
File: plants.png (58KB, 1125x743px) Image search: [Google]
plants.png
58KB, 1125x743px
And to fishing things off, the plants.

Just describing the species at the ends of their respective lineages. To to bottom.

>Nameless Plant
Walks on branch-like legs on seafloor.

>Walking Seaclover
Walks on leaves in shallow seawaters and tide pools.

>Rooted Seaclover
Stationary plant. Other rooted seaclovers grow from the roots of older plants, plus they fertilize each other to produce seeds.

>Oculus Herba
This plant has a pattern that mimics the appearance of an eye. They will at times stack within each other to mimic Dickuses.

>Unnamed thing with the huge root
Grows on shorelines. Most likely in areas that are submerged in high tide.

>Buboles
Simple round plant with lumps on it.
>>
Thanks for starting a second thread, senpai!
>>
File: floaterclover.png (9KB, 710x434px) Image search: [Google]
floaterclover.png
9KB, 710x434px
>>251204
Some rooted seaclover become boyant as they get older, causing them to float. As they still have roots, they remain anchored in place above the seafloor.
>>
File: Ringeye.png (4KB, 355x121px) Image search: [Google]
Ringeye.png
4KB, 355x121px
>>251149
Sorry, I forgot to put the name in the other thread. I was the one who drew the first mutation of this guy. He's Ringeye.

Those two folds between the tail and the head are sort of like fat for us, but it's a specific organ.
>Larger energy storage lobes
>bigger mouth-tentacles for grabbing any plant or small animal it can find
>front-set eye ring to spot specific plants and those delectable Dark Dickus babies
>longer tail with fin to swim away from those crazy adult Dark Dickuses
>>
File: wormy clover.png (23KB, 888x580px) Image search: [Google]
wormy clover.png
23KB, 888x580px
>>251204

I'm the one who drew the big rooter one, sorry about the name thing, but I'm gonna call it the Wormy Clover.

The plant grows a stem as thick as the root itself, with the root opening holes to allow worms in into the entire plant. The worms eat the dirt, they come in and poop out the rich soil, and the plant gets all the nutrients directly. The root also releases a chemical that stops the worms from eating the plant.

If that wasn't enough the plant grows two leaves to gather sunlight as well.
>>
File: oculus herba.png (6KB, 700x328px) Image search: [Google]
oculus herba.png
6KB, 700x328px
>>251204
In some of the Oculus Herba, the long-ago mentioned anchor hidden behind its leaf in the previous thread becomes elongated. It is a stretchy cord that ends in a grabber that allows them to cling to the seafloor. While swimming, they pull it in.

>>255033
I don't think we have worms. Also, changes should be kept small.
>>
>>251032
OP of the first post here!

I'm glad to see it went on without me!
>>
File: floaterclover.png (18KB, 844x783px) Image search: [Google]
floaterclover.png
18KB, 844x783px
>>252424
Boyant Seaclovers grow large, they grow fast, and they grow dense. Parts of coastal ocean waters are full of these plants. In these places, life thrives with this abundant source of food from the bottom of the food chain.

Pictured is a rather young, rather bare specimen. More mature are coated in the clover-leaf clusters, and are far taller.

With this plant, Scrotus-4 gains a biome analogous to a kelp forest.
>>
>>255033
Well, here's a solution for this. The worms pictured are actually these, Narrow Ringeyes. These detritivores live in and eat organic matter in water-saturated soils. They will also eat dead stuff they encounter. These ringeyes are likely the smallest animals pictured so far.
>>
File: long ringeye.png (2KB, 502x94px) Image search: [Google]
long ringeye.png
2KB, 502x94px
>>259011
Forgot image.
>>
File: 69696969.png (2KB, 192x200px) Image search: [Google]
69696969.png
2KB, 192x200px
>>251204
Buboles' lumps get higher levels of chlorophyl than the rest of it's body, producing more energy than it's ancestors
>>
File: craspaw.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
craspaw.png
9KB, 300x300px
>>251032
Craspaw found in some forests of >>258967 take on a better camouflage, green with streaks of another shade of green. Their mouthparts become hardened with keratine or something similar for biting off bits of plant.
>>
>>262370
Wow. Already past 72 hours. Should we try taking this back to /tg/ when this thread gets near the bottom of page 10? After seeing how some evogames have gone here, I feel they may just work better there.
>>
>>262439
nah
>>
I would have been posting more, but I did not want to be the only person here doing stuff.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.