[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient Greek Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 15

File: 1441911415229.png (6MB, 2300x6400px) Image search: [Google]
1441911415229.png
6MB, 2300x6400px
First three votes for our race, and first three votes for our place. To clarify before we get started, whatever we are, we'll be thrown into a bronze age world, not dissimilar to the Mediterranean.
>>
Naga in the islands
>>
>>250170
I second this
>>
>>250189
changing my vote to bullywugs, swamp
>>
>>250152
Demons from volcano
>>
Gnolls in Ruins
>>
Guys, I know there's already two votes for naga, but can we please finally start a loxo civ?

In the tundra of course, to have mammoths.
>>
>>250192
seconded
>>
>>250229

Also, there's already a snake-folk civ going on right now.
>>
>>250192
Alright
1 Vote for Snakes on an Island (Which I'd prefer not to do, as there is currently a thread up)
2 Votes for Swamp Bullywugs (I have legitimately no idea how to fit these into an ancient world, but I suppose I can try)
1 for Demons in Volcano
1 for Gnolls in Ruins
And one for Loxo.

I will make the suggestion that a Loxo civ set in Carthage could be fun. Hannibal driving his horde of elephant people over the alps, Huge trading ships all across the known world, slave galleys anyone?
>>
>>250229
seconded
>>
File: Mammoth.jpg (73KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth.jpg
73KB, 500x281px
>>250242

Yes please.
>>
>>250242
sounds good
>>
>>250244
>>250246
>>250248
Alright, I have an idea. Writing.
>>
>>250242
New to this, what's loxo? Elephants?
>>
File: Burning.jpg (40KB, 770x515px) Image search: [Google]
Burning.jpg
40KB, 770x515px
(Theme Music:https://youtu.be/A3O1_W7sqNU?t=54s)

A great cry of trumpets fills the air of the burning city, choking away with the sound of blades and the clouds of ash. The great walls have been taken by the enemy, and the heads of the defenders have been mounted on pikes. The Assite horde bursts through the gates, thousands upon thousands of great red beast like men, cloaked from head to foot in burning red bronze, many adorned with ivory.

The city is an inferno of torturous wailing, with the horde gradually slaughtering their way to the citadel. Before the great stone temple-fortress there is a great battle. A thousand heroes stand in a phalanx, huge spears raised, tusks gleaming with garnet and bronze. Behind them, the bridge to their families, before them, the endless hordes of the Assites.

You stand at the far right of the Phalanx, covered from head to foot in the beautiful, resplendent purple armour of a Prince of Tyre, the greatest of cities. The gods do not bless your people, and the great Assite horde seems to be unending. The night is full of screaming, and you have a mere moment to contemplate the oncoming battle. You have a moment to contemplate your father, the king, who died defending the walls, his crown stolen by the Assite king, and you have a few more moments, though you wish you did not, to contemplate your family. Your son, your wife, your mother, all of them hemmed into the citadel, hiding behind the great wooden doors.

It pains you that you may not see them again. Your heart is heavy, but your tusks are strong. You may not have slept in days, and you may have seen more beloved blood in this day than any man should ever see, but your sword hand is still able to cleave a horse in twain.

Let the red horde come, but before they are here, you may make your orders.

The citadel is on a small island, attached to the main city by a bridge. The Assites must go through you to reach the remaining civilians. You have a few hundred brave men, mostly nobles and princes, adorned in their shining armour, to stand against the unceasing horde. Your men hold javelins and wield spears. The assites will begin their final assault soon.
>>
>>250265
You may make any orders you like. (1d20 rolls)

May fortune favour Tyre, as ever it has.
>>
>>250255
Correct.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>250268

Whelp. Bullrush em'
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>250265
Hold them off on the bridge where their numbers will count for nothing
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>250265
Command front few rows of phalanx to stand strong and hold their position. Command those further back to move to the sides and wait, preparing to surround the enemy as they approach.
>>
>>250265

burn the bridge
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

Put all our javelins up on the walls to toss down on the bridge while the spears hold them at the gate.
>>
>>250307
>>250302
>>250292

In a frenzy, you bellow out orders to the force of men besides you. Two detachments form up on the flanks, and your force does it's best to form up properly. You issue another order to charge forward, but the nobility seem to refuse to break their formation. In a moment, they are upon you, and the fighting begins.

Your line is comprised of the second best soldiers, the last ditch defenders, and they quickly begin to fold under the weight of overwhelming numbers. You and your honour guard fight valiantly for perhaps an hour, hewing your way through the endless hordes of red and black demons. You javelin snaps, your spear breaks, your axe is snapped in half a the haft, and your sword shatters. You fight with your hands until your arms cannot hold them, and you fight with your tusks until they are so thick with gore that you can scarcely hold your head aloft.

The battle is a bloodbath, but at it's end you are left with a few minutes of reprieve, the Assite horde is coordinating itself for another assault, and you know your men cannnot survive another charge, you have already been pushed back to the bridge itself. You reach for new weapons, and as you do a page gives you a message.

''My Prince, there is a single ship left, and the blockade has faltered. You must flee, your family are aboard.''

The boy rushes away once he has spoken and takes up arms. He is not yet even a bull, his tusks still bulge against the skin of his face, yet he takes his place in the line. There is yet hope, but it shall come at a terrible cost.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>250348
Wait to flee only when the battle is definitely lost
>>
File: Loxodon.jpg (36KB, 454x500px) Image search: [Google]
Loxodon.jpg
36KB, 454x500px
>>250374
You will not leave your family to die, but the men fighting beside you are your half brothers or cousins, and you will not abandon them either. You take position with the phalanx, and you fight. You throw yourself completely into the battle, and you have your moment of glory. The Phalanx holds, and every man fights with the devotion and skill of Achilles multiplied a thousand times. Each of these men fight with tusk and blade, and in turn, each of them dies a glorious death.

Gradually, the line collapses, but each man fights to his last, and the Assite horde is held back for nearly an hour longer. With perhaps fifty men left, you retreat onto the bridge, and you fight. The line is ten deep and five wide. Each man slaughters all he can before launching himself into the crowd, overwhelmed by bloodlust.

By the end, as you retreat, perhaps twenty men remain in four lines, each man will die a glorious death, and every name will go down in history. The sons of Tyre will dine with the gods now. You bolt for the ship, bringing with you all the treasure and civilians as you can, and sail off through the blockade, rowing like madmen out into the depths of the Medditeranean.

By the dawn, you can only just see the distant whisp of smoke from the burned city, and the world lies spread out before you. Where will you go? Where does the last of the true blood of Tyre find it's new home?

(Anywhere in the Medditeranean, as you'd like. Carthage would be a good idea, but if you want to go found a city in Crimea then I'll not stop you.)
>>
>>250409
Let's go found a city in Germania.

muh ursines

Failing that, Rome would be cool.
>>
>>250465
Rome and/or italy would be cool, but I feel civ threads often turn into romanboo shit, so be wary.

Germania or france could be cool too, or Israel if we want to get crazy
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>250409
Rolling for Carthage
>>
>>250465
>>250512
>>250522
Any consensus on this? Perhaps on the spanish coast or on the coast of southern France? You've just fled from Canaan, so you can't easily get to Germania. Pannonia is possible, but Germania would require some walking.
>>
>>250551
let's go for carthage
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

Rolling for Eastern Anatolia
>>
>>250551
Southern France, cause french elephants
>>
File: cEsgrO6qF9-8.png (16KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
cEsgrO6qF9-8.png
16KB, 300x250px
>>250613
Ooh, oui monsieur. Ma voix est jeté pour les éléphants de France.
>>
>>250621

Eléphants français sons monsieur vraiment incroyable!
>>
>>250522
>>250597
The ships sail out along the north african coast, perhaps a thousand civilians arriving at a peak in the coast, a local trading port set up as a colony of Tyre. You are heralded as King as you arrive, apparently your father's death has reached this place before you. The city, with your men included, is set out like a military camp. A great square set of palisaded walls, built around a central temple storehouse. The signature dock of Phoenician cities is present, and a modest fleet sits in the water.

You quickly sweep into the position of king of this small city state, ruling over perhaps four thousand plucky Phonecians and another few thousand locals in a small city in the deserts of north Africa. Your kingdom here is far more modest, but money flows in from trade, and you have time to reunite with your family.

>Status:
>Population: 4200 Phonecians, 6000 Natives.
>Military: 50 Honour Guard, 100 Hoplites, 22 Advanced Phonecian ships.
>Structures: Small Stone Palisade, Military style city, Great harbour, Palace and Citadel.
>Technology: Standard, with exceptional naval technology
>Diplomacy: Assites: Hated, Phonecian Colonists: Loved, Natives: Liked.

Onto the real game. How do you rule your city?
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

I feel like timber for ships will be difficult to get so I vote we focus on finding better trade routes over land until we can get good timber supplies
>>
Rolled 11, 13 = 24 (2d20)

>>250665
Begin trying to get the Natives to revere us and search for trading routes to the west, as the Assites might damage our routes if we go east.
>>
>>250683
>>250692

Expeditions are sent north to Italia, mostly around the old colonies in Lilybaeum and in Sardinia. While these colonies do not honour you as King, they do agree to begin trading. From Sardinia you have a safe route for lumber and metals, while from Lilybaeum you have a safe source of wheat.

You also begin to re-establish trade with the Averni in spain, trading whatever goods you had for their abundant silver. They are still staunchly anti-assimilation, but are more than willing to trade their silver with you anyway. The money from trade with the Averni earns you enough to construct a great temple to the heroes of Tyre, which happens to fall in the native section of the city.

The natives are becoming more and Phonecian with time, fitting in with tradition in order to make trade more easily. The nearby tribes are subjugated, but the Numidian kingdom remains a powerful foe, along with the mass of tribes in Libya which form a blockade between your land and Egypt.

Your wealth is growing, and steadily you are becoming known, over the years, as a fair trader. What will you do with your wealth?
>>
Expand the fleets both militarily and commercially. We need to be known as a strong naval power if we're going to control the Mediterranean.
>>
Rolled 1, 13, 10, 6 = 30 (4d20)

>>250775
Increase the standard of living within our lands and begin building a small garrison to reinforce our territories. Build a reputation as wealthy people.

Attempt to subjugate the tribes in libya culturally.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>250788
whoops no dice
>>
File: meditoccident01.gif (201KB, 1323x967px) Image search: [Google]
meditoccident01.gif
201KB, 1323x967px
>>250793
>>250798

Your population rises as word of your wealth does, and gradually more and more people flood into Carthage, overwhelming the city. You cannot feed this many people, nor keep them clean, and poverty is rife, even as the rich drink from cups of burnished gold. The people are restless, and the city is not nearly so profitable as it should be.

Many dissidents are formed into new battalions of soldiers, giving them the chance to gather food more easily, and earning their gratitude. More troops now garrison Carthage, and detachments dwell with the local tribes. A few more Phoenician style settlements have come to be nearby, and many of them submit to you.

The libyans will not submit, but the gifts you lavish on them certainly enhance your reputation. Still, the city is at breaking point, some relief is needed for the starving poor.

(The map is new. Light blue is us, Dark Blue are breakaway colonies and trade partners.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>250930
Become an export giant.
Use the raw materials coming in from our colonies and land and have our massive populace produce large amounts of refined goods and sell them across the world, that should earn them their bread for the most part.
>>
>>250973
I think you've misunderstood, we don't have any colonies. We only have trade partners who used to be colonies of Tyre. We only rule over the strip of land in light blue, and we certainly don't have many exports. We mostly deal in transit of goods, rather than production. I'll allow you to re purpose the roll.
>>
>>251029
Increase rural infrastructure and food production efficiency by means of controlled agricultural ecosystems and planned villages with plentiful amenities for our new population to relocate to
>>
>>251105

A great deal of time is spent planning new agricultural settlements to maximize production of food in the oases of the nearby area. A great deal more grain flows into the city after a few years of soil enrichment and of more efficient agriculture. Many people move out to colonize the countryside along the coast, with more settlements springing up on the coast, acting as new and fertile trading grounds.

The wealth of Carthage grows yet further.
>>
Rolled 10, 1 = 11 (2d20)

>>251142
Increase dietary diversity by importing various seeds of different foods from Hispania and the Middle East. If they won't give them up then we will take them via espionage
>>
>>251162
I admire your commitment to agriculture. Give me a bit and I'll explain how horrendously something goes wrong.
>>
>>251227
>anticipation
>>
>>251254
It is innocuous at first, some travelers reporting a fog in the distance, but soon it grows. The cloud at the edge of the world rolls in from the desert, their chirps an overwhelming plague. The cloud has settled to devour in the far south, and farmers flee to the cities, their entire farms devoured, leaving the desert entirely barren. You hear tales of a slave rebellion in Egypt, and that many terrible things have come from the nile too.

Stories flow into the city like madness, and the world seems forged anew. The Minotaur, of the fame of Perseus, is reportedly loose in Krete, the mists have descended on Olympus, harpies seem to have been born in the far north of Europe, and the hordes of the far east rise and swell. The Loxodon in the city are terrified and starving with hunger, and the tales only get worse.

How does Carthage react to the wrath of the gods?
>>
File: 85041843.jpg (87KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
85041843.jpg
87KB, 500x641px
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>251356
Virgin blood appeasement? Fertility Ritual? Let's culture it up a bit and hopefully we can win their favor again.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>251356
Stand defiant and prove that we have a place in this world.

Send expeditionary forces of heroes and train armies of the desperate and brave to fight off the hordes of Tartarus.
>>
>>251385
Well that's all for tonight folks, come back next time when we actually have a chance to survive.
>>
>>251402
A little virgin blood goes a looong way...maybe a sheep or two?
>>
>>251377
The people beg, the people pray, they scream from their walls and they starve in the streets. Riots break out in the native sections of the city as the water teems with frogs and as the cattle wither in the field. The King barely eats, the great ocean churns with fire. It is heard that the Minotaur has sallied out of the labyrinth and taken Krete, that Achilles is reborn, that Assur leads the Assyrians once more. It is heard that the world churns, and it is heard that Egypt has been devastated by hails of burning ash.

The temple is consulted, and the priests call out for Ba'al's aid. Ba'al demands payment for his favour, in the form of a ritual sacrifice. One hundred of every type of being in the city must be slaughtered in his temple, and the king must weave a robe of their hair, to wear it as his regalia. Then, Ba'al will avert the swarm. One hundred Loxo, One Hundred Native Humans, One Hundred Dogs, Cats, Horses, Cattle, one hundred of every type of life in the city, slaughtered before the temple of Baal.

(Theme Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVTEyuCKn4)
>>
File: baal_h26.jpg (43KB, 336x648px) Image search: [Google]
baal_h26.jpg
43KB, 336x648px
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>251418
Dag....

We can do infant sacrifices right?
Going with infant sacrifices considering Ba'al is a hard ass n***a who don't take no guff from peasants.
>>
>>251475
As the king, now an old man prays in his bed, he is given a vision. The city burns and the sea is a pool of ash, the desert swarms and there is nothing but darkness. The king sees it as if it were real, his hands run over the cracked and ruined stone, and his eyes see the ashes.

When he awakens, he has been granted an offer.

''Take your daughters, take your sons, all but the youngest, take your wives and take your mother. Place them on my Altar. Do your duty.''

He flickers further awake to find his knuckled clenched around a bronze, sacrificial knife.
>>
>>251510
Dang, Knuckles*
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

Well......let's not fuck up this sacrifice shall we?

IN THE NAME OF BA'AL I GIVE TO YOU, MY PEOPLE, ROYAL BLOOD!!!

This isn't an easy decision mind you and I think it should weigh HEAVILY on him.
>>
The King rises to a world in darkness. He pulls on his royal regalia and wanders, his great eyes empty, to the lady's quarters of the palace. His first wife, Hecuba, smiles to him and asks what is wrong. He hugs her, as tenderly as he may, muttering to her about a sacrifice. His wife sighs to him.

''It is a heavy burden, my love, but a few hundred means nothing to the countless thousands. I love you my dear, now go back to your chambers, all will be well in the morning''

The King weeps, and all throughout the palace there is screaming as each wife realizes what her husband is about to do. With dead, silent eyes, the king reaches his mother's quarters. On that day, Carthage was saved, the seas calmed, the swarm parted, Ba'al was appeased, and the great warrior prince of Tyre walked into the desert to die.

Months of mourning passed, and slowly the world found a new, tense order. The locust swarm died off into the Sahara, and the waters ceased to churn. A young, weak king, barely a bull, with tusks more bronze and ruby that ivory, sits the throne, the only son of Tyre left to rule.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>251609
Hold a court, hear out the troubles post-plagues from all manners of castes. A new king should be seen as just and strong.

Do we have enough time to plant another harvest? Maybe import some food from sympathizers whilst we pull up our bootstraps?
>>
>>251663
The known world is in a recovery phase, and the king takes to the streets to address the concerns of the peasantry. It is mostly simple legal concerns, but many people are disturbed by the loss of trade with the Averni and the east. Food is scarce, but available due to the agricultural innovation of the old king. A new harvest is quickly planted and harvested, and life begins to return to normal.

With that, I'm calling an end to this for the night.
>>
>>251861
Damn, I missed some good stuff
>>
Here now!
>>
>>253859
Also here
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

Pls tell me OP has not abandoned thread
This was getting interesting
Rolling for OP to come back
>>
>>253950
He has not abandoned it, he was running this and another, smaller scale civ thread at the same time and said last night he won't be doing both concurrently again, that's all.
>>
>>253979
Oh, thank sweet Korean Jesus. This is an awesome thread and is inspiring me to want to create one myself.
>>
>>253950
>>253979
>>253984
Do not worry friends, Elephant Carthage will return tomorrow evening, GMT at five PM.
>>
Alright, who's here?
>>
>>257434
Here
>>
>>257434
I could just keep nation build for a few turns while waiting for other players.
>>
>>257522
I'd rather not, if that's alright. No reason to start with just one person. It gives me time to bake and cook my tea.
>>
File: 1462867566559.jpg (220KB, 600x881px) Image search: [Google]
1462867566559.jpg
220KB, 600x881px
>>257588
Sounds good.
>And holy shit you have the hobbies of a anime girl.
>>
Here
>>
Naming self
>>
>>257603
I would laugh, but I literally just baked two batches of brownies and some cookies while singing to myself, so perhaps.

Anywho, lets get started.
>>
>>257654
I believe that baking has scared away the history fans. Damn.
>>
File: 1433830129843.png (21KB, 245x267px) Image search: [Google]
1433830129843.png
21KB, 245x267px
>>257719
I'm still here. I was just thinking of having a tsundere OP while waiting for you to post the update.
>>
The young king is granted the name Yerid, the Moon-Handed, referring to his guiding hand illuminating the legal problems of the city. Yerid rules over a city much larger than his father, and a city in need of expansion. The old walls are solid, but small and they cut off the city from it's suburbs. The wealth of Carthage remains, but trade must be re-established. A great deal of grain is withheld from the capital, as farms fear another drought, and Yerid finds himself without an heir. The king is popular with the people of the city, but he is unknown to the army and to the navy, with the nobility wary of this new king, not the warrior they are used to.

What will our King, Yerid I of Carthage do?
>>
>>258004
It's not like I want you to roll or anything...
>>
>>258060
Find a nice wife
>>
>>258060
Lead a new campaign to conquests the tribal nations in north east Africa working twords the Iberian peninsula.
>This is a perfect time to show your straight and power as the new leader. This is also a good time to find a suitable mate for our king.

While our adivisors at Carthage should work on improving our ships, making landing crafts for island assaulting.
>Have the navy stay in our Dock preparing the marines and sailors for action in the coming years.
>>
>>258101
>>258099
Rolls, if you'd please. And do feel free to namefag up for this, for utilities sake.
>>
File: 1433024303216.png (84KB, 427x431px) Image search: [Google]
1433024303216.png
84KB, 427x431px
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>258110
If we are to find a wife, m-maybe we could marry OP?
>Top tier baking skills I hear
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>258099
>>
>>258118
We are gonna find the cutest elephant waifu in the town
>>
>>258122
>>258118
The young king seeks a wife. It is said that the young man hunted all throughout the court, and then all throughout the city for a woman that would suit him. It is said that one day, as the young king reluctantly accepted being unable to find a true wife, he saw someone draped in flowing white robes, adorned with the purest blue sapphires, drinking from the river. As the young noblewoman looked up to her king, she smiled to him, holding out a bucket of water to him.

Yerid looked upon this young woman with astonishment for a moment, the pale elegance of her skin matching the serenity of the ocean in the night, the brightness of her eyes so much more than the sapphires she bears. Her tusks a shining ivory, Mehena, Sea-Beauty, was the daughter of a visiting tribal chieftain from Numidia, and the king knew the moment he first saw her smile that he had to have her as his queen.

The lady must be courted, first of all, and such a thing will likely be recorded in myth through the ages, the love story of Yerid and Mehena, the Moon and the Ocean. What is it the king admires most of this woman?

>Her Beauty, how the light shines from her eyes and how her tusks glint against the sun?
>Her Mind, how she excels in games and crafts, far surpassing the skill of any lady of the court?
>Her kindness, how she wanders the streets openly in the day, handing out bread and cool wine to the poor and needy?
>Her Strength, how she once challenged her suitors to defeat her in a fight to win her hand, and how she defeated in turn every bull in Numidia?
>Or something else? (Write in)

>>258118
(You wouldn't want to marry an old original poster like me, Ara Ara~)
>>
>>258217
Her Mind
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>258118
Top tier baking
>>
>>258264
Damn, now I crave brownies ;O
>>
>>258275
iI'd give you some if I could, I have like seven times that many, but anyhow. I'd like the other guy's input, since you guys see alright with a section of romantic heroism in the saga of carthage. Mythical adventure will happen regularily in the story, so look forward to that. Expect to do something like the siege of Troy. Real history is semi-important, but chronology is way off. Expect to get raided by Achilles as he goes out to steal supplies for the siege of Troy at some point, that sort of thing.
>>
>>258294
Yea, thats sounds good OP. Btw will you continue the sneks?
>>
>>258311
Yeah, in future. I am enjoying them. The espionage is going to be hard to handle, but it should be easier when I'm running it without this running at the same time.
>>
>>258341
You know what would be fun? A game with trolls
>>
>>258244
I'm sorry fianals took my time and I agree with her mind.

>>258341
You're not that old OP! Not like the snake quest from back in the day when there wasn't qst
>>
>>258366
You mean the one in ruins where they ended up hiding in a bunker under a temple? If so, yeah, that was me.

>>258244
Mehena was renowned, or so the poets sing, all across the known world for her wisdom and wit, she could win at any game and defeat any poet in a battle of wits. As Yerid came to suit her, he reflected on the beauty of her mind, how she saw the world as so simple a thing, with all complexity in the minds of men and in the heavens. They did not court as many nobles do, by giving gifts and dancing, no, instead they talked. For hours and hours, as the waves lapped against the shore and the darkness rose, the two talked intently to one another. They talked of the heavens and the earth, of love and hate, of war and of peace. They spoke of Socrates and Plato, of Philosophy and of poetry, of all there is under the eyes of Ba'al. They talked until the sun rose once more, and the two yet still stared into one another's eyes as the sun reached its' zenith.

In a moment, as the great discussion reached a close, Mehena asked the young king to write her a poem, and to sing it to her. Mustering all of his mind, the young king, scarcely a man grown, rose to his feet, and without a moments pause sung of the wisdom and beauty of the ocean, of the mysteries of the great uncharted sea, and of how he had, in this moment, set out on a journey to understand the great and glorious ocean before him, the ocean named Mehena.

The two were inseperable after that, truly closer lovers had never been seen. They argued, but never bitterly, and they played at wit, but never meanly, and quickly the two fell into their own brand of swirling and ponderous love. Mehena's father, Espenax, consented to the match, and said that his kingdom would fall to the children of the union, along with his loyal men and his wealth.

And such is the story of the Moon and the Waves, or at least how it shall begin.

What does Yerid the Poet, King of Carthage and Prince of Numidia, do now?

(Pink on the map is the section of Numidia that will be inherited on Espenax' death.)
>>
File: meditoccident01.gif (203KB, 1323x967px) Image search: [Google]
meditoccident01.gif
203KB, 1323x967px
This map
>>
>>258402
We should expand the docks so it may hold more ships
>>
>>258424
Expand the docks is a good option, then we can build more fishing ships and rely on other food than agriculture, and fish keep swimming even when there is another drought
>>
>>258424
Yerid decides to grow the navy, and as such imports a massive amount of wood from Sardinia and Sicily. The shipyards are in full swing, and the people are all at work. The city bustles, even as Yerid surveys the dock. The docks are built out further, with a deeper bay for ships and a longer entryway to store more galleys. The great three decked ships are built and more men find employment as sailors and marines. You hear reports from the commanders of your outposts on the coasts that they have constructed their own ships. Your kingdom is practically inn-assailable by any lone power but Persia and Athens, at least by sea, but this project has not come cheap. Your gold reserves run low, and trade is needed. Perhaps your new marines shall expand the kingdom out into the old colonies.

>Status:
>Population: 7000 Phoenician Nobility, 32,000 Native Carthaginians.
>Military: A unit of honour guard comprised of 240 Hoplites, 2400 Standard Hoplites (30 Cohorts), 2000 Numidian Cavalry and Auxillia, A large amount of militia hoplites to be raised as needed.
>Structures: Large Merchant City, Organized central city within stone palisade walls, sprawling disorganized suburbs outside of the city around the oasis.
>Technology: Standard, with exceptional naval technology
>Diplomacy: Assites: Hated, Phonecian Colonists: Loved, Natives: Loyal, Numidian Tribes: Accepted.
>>
>>258554
I propose that we re-establish the trade routes and use our new found navy to guard the trade
>>
>>258402
What is south of us in the small peninsula? Also Start turning some of our army into Marines so we can storm on beaches.
>Build a barracks to start training more soldiers and sailors.
>>
>>258582
The great ships of Carthage sail out into the Mare Nostrum, our sea, to re-establish trade. The Averni are still willing to trade their silver with us for Sicilian grain, and trade between Sardinia, Hispania and Sicily reform. The Greek cities have joined back up with the trade network, and Greek pottery courses through Carthage, wine flows, and Persian cloth and spice from the far east. Silver pours into the city, and it piles up in the coffers of Carthage.

People, Greeks, Persians, Spaniards, Italians, Etruscans, they all pour into the city, and the people have needs. The city needs more food than your strip of land can provide, and more water than just the Oasis. Carthage is a melting pot, and a melting point that is boiling over.

This is the last post for the evening.
>>
>>258682
When will you be back tomorrow?
>>
>>258695
Same time.
>>
Alright, I'm here, let's go.
>>
>>260885
Okay
>>
>>260885
Cool
>>
>>260908
>>260916
What do you want to do?
>>
>>260926
Start training marines and building big transport ships in harbour.
>Each shit should carry at least 75 men excluding sailors.

Also Start build a barracks to train more soldiers and training a professional army with real officers and real strategies.
>>
>>261006
A parade field is constructed outside of the city walls, and with it comes a new military regimen. The phalanx is drilled, over and over again, with the hoplites falling into a machine like pattern. Alongside the stout, bronze covered bastions that defend our great city, stand a great deal of marines, all training thesmelves in their own brand of combat, using bows, burning arrows and axes.

As the land forces rally and grow, the navy does too, with a good number of military transport ships being constructed incredibly quickly in the great shipyard of Carthage, and our navy is the greatest of it's kind west of Persia. Athens would be able to match us, perhaps, but no-one else.
>>
>>261156
Start studying ballistics and artillery for naval use.
>Falling scorpions should be pretty cool.

While in the city of Carthage should throw a anti-whatever we are agasint to rally even more people to be patriotic and encourage more people to sign up for the navy and army.
>Also use this time to cement our rule with common man.
>It could be call nameless day, everyone wears masks, dances around the fire and get drunk and full on fine foods and wine.
>>
>>261261
This year is bountiful, and the harvest pours into Carthage like nector upon the maddened Achilles. The people rejoice at their newfound propserity, and all of their happiness comes to a head one evening, under the light of a sky full of stars, so vibrant as to inspire men to greatness. The shining celestial starlight is accompanied by a great darkness, and in order to see the stars more clearly, all torches and candles in the city are put out. Taking advantage of this, many wear elaborate costumes and masks, dancing around the city from hidden feast to darkened dance. The dark city is inhabited only by the spectres of the commonfolk, along with the sound of rejoicing.

The festival is widely popularized, and the party eventually spills into the next day, out onto the beaches. The midday sun finally calls a stop to it, and the city is in an uproar of laughter as masks fall from faces and people rejoin those they know. It is said that the King danced with his love, out in the streets of the city, and feasted on the beach in the dawn.

The Moon and The Sea, the King and the Queen, flow in and through Carthage, and the people love their leaders, so generous and noble that they are.

The starlight brings inspiration too, to the engineers of the city, and many innovations are born on the night of the Tide Celeste, as it has come to be known, with one such innovation being the idea of a Quinquireme, a five decked ship, greater than any other ship, with a catapult mounted upon it's deck, capable of bombarding enemy ships, or even fortresses on land.
>>
>>261368
We should start to encourage further research into the five deck ship but we should keep the research in secret so that our enemies dont find out about it. We also need to start invasion plans. We should also start a colony on Sicily to use it as a starting point for an invasion.

Oh, and hi Nestor :3
>>
>>261453
We should encourage further research on the five deck ships*
>>
>>261453
In the sealed harbour of Carthage, the Quinquiremes are assembled. There are twelve, in total, and they are hulks. No walls west of Persia could hold against the great catapults you are assembling here. The designs are hidden, and the engineers are kept under guard.

A normal fleet is sent, bearing a few hundred Hoplites, to settle nearer to Sicily. The old colony in Malta surrenders without a fight, and Lilybaeum has done likewise, ceding you the east of the island. In the West, the great city of Syracuse stands defiant, as Messina stands under the rule of dissident Italian mercenaries, backed by the Etruscans and a new power.

Something is wrong in the starts that night, as Carthage meets with it's foe, as the Sea meets the Land, the Sun the Moon, Ba'al meets Jupiter, and as Carthage meets Rome.

Sicily's assimilation provides a rich amount of food to the kingdom, and the excess is traded at a premium to the Averni, raking in yet more silver.

All is well, and you are unchallenged in the western Medditeranean.
>>
>>261499
Could you provide us with a map of our current holdings?
>>
>>261499
Well, I guess we should fortify all of the newly conquerned land and we should block the passage betwenn Sicily and the Italian peninsula. We should also destroy the enemy fleet to maintain ultimate control over Western Medditeranean.
>>
File: meditoccident01.gif (202KB, 1323x967px) Image search: [Google]
meditoccident01.gif
202KB, 1323x967px
>>261507
>>261543
Here.

You guys aren't at war with Rome, or anyone in fact. It was just to point out the whole ''Never be a friend to Romans'' thing. Unfortunately Kapitan, it seems you're the only one here. So I've got some coursework to be doing.
>>
>>261618
Use our transport ships to start brining over people from Carthage to live in these new towns and cities.
Start building temples to our gods, take all the non Crathge religious item and store them back in the capital.
>I'm here.
>>
>>261618
there is another quest like this up right now that seems more active so if you want to be more popular just update more k?
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.