[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qsg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 27

File: QTG.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
QTG.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's.

Old thread: >>224628

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

Communication:
--IRC Channels--
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding and politics)
[The Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)
--Discord--
[/qsg/ Discord server] https://discord.gg/0zE5SDpEB4RQRNyY (Has a mix of new questers and old /tg/ vets. Advice quality may vary.)
--Twitter--
[QuestMaster Directory] https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory (post your twitter link in Spooky/Lively to get added; accounts that spam quest-unrelated messages may get removed)

Archives (updated as of 05 June 2016):
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html (thread archiving is opt-in)
http://archived.moe/qst/ (search engine now online)

>QM Question
What inspired you to make the quest you did? Did you ever give it any particular thought, or did you just go with what felt natural?

>Player Question
What made you participate in your favorite quest? How does a quest catch your interest and get you to give it a shot?
>>
>>248279
>QM Question
The idea just sort of clicked with me one day and, unlike my other ideas, it clicked so well that I couldn't sit on it for longer than a day and I just decided to spontaneously run it! As my first quest, it was a bit of a rocky ride, but I'm honestly happy that I decided to do it and don't regret it at all.
>>
>>248279
>Player Question
I was bored, and had nothing to do. Also it's been quite a while since I played tabletop.

So I thought what I always think when I see a quest. "Can I play/work/be creative with this?" "Can I empathize with the main character?"
There are other requirements, but these are usually the main thing.
>>
Anyone have the want to run a dark eldar Kabal quest?
>>
>>248279
> QM question
I was curious about quests and wanted to experiment with my first one in a genre familiar to me. I honestly expected it to fail.
>>
>>248279
>What inspired you to make the quest you did? Did you ever give it any particular thought, or did you just go with what felt natural?

I really wanted to dive in but I'm a giant pussy and have too many ideas for quests so I went with a sort of inside-jokey quest with one goal in mind and now that's the questing I'm running.
>>
File: smooth secede.gif (106KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
smooth secede.gif
106KB, 550x400px
>>248279
>>QM Question
Some MS Paint Fan Adventure I'm hopelessly-obsessed with. I would've just made a proper run on the forums but I wanted to make a "test run" here to get the hang of things (while giving ample room for errors before doing it "for real"). I'm in too deep and too invested to stop now.

>>Player Question
Choose one or two:
>Interesting gimmick/premise
>It's related to something I like
>Simple art/writing style
>I know the QM on Discord

>>248471
What quest?
>>
>>248279
>QM Question
There's was only one other quest like it, but the setting is well known enough that it could support several different and similarly interesting quests. Besides, I really wanted to try running a quest and I have enough free time now. It took me a while to actually get the courage to start it though.

>Player Question
I like quests with well written characters and interesting settings. I want to be able to explore the QM's world.
>>
>>248279
>>QM Question
>What inspired you to make the quest you did? Did you ever give it any particular thought, or did you just go with what felt natural?

It just appeared in my head. I've tried to run two quests in the past, but both times I ended up being unable to stand my own writing and I quit. With the quest I'm doing now, I'm trying to resist the urge to just stop.

>Player Question
What made you participate in your favorite quest? How does a quest catch your interest and get you to give it a shot?

I normally look at whatever already has a big following, and then I read through the archives until I get caught up. I especially like quests that read like stories.

Also, since I'm shameless, my shitty Supernatural Butler quest is currently being run here
>>247398
>>
>>248279

I really, really, really fucking love Mortal Kombat.
>>
>>248611

Oh, right, right, sorry, forgot to shill.

>>245846
>>
>>248279
>What made you participate in your favorite quest? How does a quest catch your interest and get you to give it a shot?
I really like interactivity and a QM that takes player ideas into consideration, even if it means the story is less focused. The original Google Maps quest and Hangry Quest were two of my favorites for that reason. I like silliness too.
>>
File: Lucky Jay - The First Bastard.jpg (480KB, 1937x2362px) Image search: [Google]
Lucky Jay - The First Bastard.jpg
480KB, 1937x2362px
Hey guys, Three Bastards Quest should be running tomorrow afternoon EST barring any other unforseen circumstances.
The first thread is here:
https://yuki.la/qst/199942
>>
>>248279
>QM Question
I love mercenaries, and I love dark fantasy. After reading the books I spent a lot of time daydreaming and planning and writing. Then one day, as >>248326 says, it just clicked. And I had to run it that day or go crazy with all my ideas.

>Player Quest
The premise is what more often than not grabs my attention. Medieval politics, space captain, fantasy hero, I'm a sucker for these sorts of things. What gets me to stay is the writing and disposition of the QM.
>>
>>248934
Just finished reading it. You have my interest.
>>
File: Jedi Lord Hoth.jpg (497KB, 572x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi Lord Hoth.jpg
497KB, 572x1024px
After taking about a week off, Jedi Lord Quest is back up!

>>249535
>What inspired you to make the quest you did?

I've kind of wanted to try my hand at making a quest for a while, and the creation of this board made me feel a bit more confident about making an attempt.
Star Wars is a setting that Iove quite a lot, so I figured something in that setting would be fun for me to do.
>>
How does this board feel about QM's that take a long time reply and are infrequent about it? I know this is a slow board but I mean they only post once or twice a day then suddenly vanish completely without warning then reappear.
>>
>>249616
I run my quest infrequently, less than once a week, but if so I do it as much as possible for a dedicated period of time (7-9 hours).

So no, I'm not really a fan of slow-QMs from a peer perspective. However from a player perspective it doesn't really matter that much, I suppose it would if I only had one or two quests I was following.
>>
>>249616
That they shouldn't be surprised when no one shows up for the quest when they reappear.

If you don't put in the effort people aren't going to care about your quest.
>>
Anyone here had problems copy and pasting their stories into text boxes yesterday?.
>>
>>249632
Posting was down for a bit for the entirety of 4chan if you mean that.
>>
>>249632
Apparently 4chan was down all over, may QMs have been making similar complaints in their threads and on twitter.
>>
>>249630
>tfw the reason people may not be replying to my quest right now is because they think I'm the same guy that made a different similar quest that was immediately dropped
>>
Anyone know the lewdness threshold for /qst/? Is it nudity and heavy petting but not the act itself or does a topless woman immediately count?
>>
>>249691
Just keep it text and it should be fine. I bet mods barely come here.
>>
>>249691
>Rules-wise
Graphic pictures and such are probably a no-go, but I think you can get away with murder on the text side of things.

>Player-wise
Smut does not belong in quests that do not revolve around smut. You will lose players if you are not upfront about this.
>>
>>248279
>QM Question
I enjoy interactivity and it keeps me on my toes to actually finish the shit I start.
>>
>>249630
>>249673
>>249629
It would be understandable if life happens and causes things to be backed up, they should at least pop in just to say shit's happening. As for people not coming to a qst due to confusion, having a name would help.
>>
>>248279
>QM Question

I'm heavily into X-COM, and Kantai Collection had been an interest of mine for a good year now. I always wondered what kind of world it would be to have people and nations send teenager girls in horrible-looking fitted ship-esque gear and read the Light Novels.

I took a lot of cues from Visual Novels/EroGe and Black Isle's decision tree to make the world more alive than it would seem, putting characters, not just NPCs, with their own lives and actions that didn't revolve around the MCs own actions. I guess I always wanted to DM/QM a living breathing world where the MC/PC was significant but ultimately just a cog working towards an ultimate goal.
>>
>>248472
Lost Island Quest.
>>
>>249766
Dude, I love your quest.
>>
>>249800
Thanks man! Next thread's tomorrow probably starting around noon.
>>
taking x historical era and throwing in high fantasy/magic is just lazy
>>
This is my first time on here and want to know how to play in general. Is it difficult to play quests here? I don't really know how these games really work. Im truly a noob at this in general. Never played D&D or any rpg with dice kind of game if this is anything like that.
>>
I used to run a Hogwarts quest a few months back. I miss it and want to continue it again. But I don't know if it's smart to restart a quest from the middle after months of inactivity. What do you think?
>>
>>248279
>What made you participate in your favorite quest?
It's in its first thread and not dead at a time where I'm bored. Then I'll post in those that still are active when I'm done catching up, then remove myself for either of attentionwhoring namefags, sudden grimderp, waifuwars and H0-scale modelling.
>>
>>250050
It varies depending on the host, some games probably easier to start on than others. If you know the very basics ("dice+1d20" in the options field giving you a 1d20 roll) and stuff like that, then just read the OP and see what you get out of it. Some games have been long on-going so it can be hard to get into them when you need to read through many threads, but others are newer and/or very streamlined, or oriented towards roleplay and drawing over strategy and rolls. Maybe check out (>>248189) for a recent quest that has been pretty straight-forward so far.
>>
>>250059
>from the middle
How deep are you? Is it slice of life random shit everyday (so you'll mostly have to worry about exposing relationship), or can you pretend you're in some story arc (that you can use to limit the info dump and encourage fast participation towards an immediate goal)?

Did you manage to get new players along the way? If not, your quest might not be noob friendly (unless you manage a recap of great clarity), and you'll have to hope your usual audience is still around.

>>250050
Pick a quest that doesn't do highest roll win, but that tries to build consensus: if you fuck up, people have your back. Try to post suggestions that help get to the current short-term goal. If you get a couple positive feedback in a thread, you're doing average.
>>
>>248279
>QM Question
After watching the new Godzilla, I came down with a fever and had a fitful night of dreaming about soldiers jumping out of planes into a city. I decided in the morning I'd run a quest with paratroopers.
>>
>>250072
>how deep
21 threads, middle of second year in hogwarts.

it's a mix of slice of life with a yearly thematic story arc in the background that comes to conslusion at the end of the year.

I had like 35 players and I think there was a good chunk who were new.
>>
I wish the old Three Kingdoms Quest got completed. So many left unfinished,
>>
>>250089
Right with you there bud. Even with all the bullshit attached, Zhu Xing and his love for Lu Bu, Lu Lingqi and Sun Ce still warms my heart. It was such an abrupt drop too. It's not like the quest got shitty or Raian slowly started to post less and less frequently.

One day, we're riding high on a rather fast-paced, well made quest.

The next it was over.
>>
>>250083
>paratroopers

Colour me interested, is it still alive?
>>
>>248343

There was a Kabalite Quest running earlier on /qst/
>>
>>250193
I think that one moved to Anonkun.
>>
Trying to set up a new type of quest if anyone's interested:

>>246769
>>
File: 1442196221319.jpg (239KB, 838x998px) Image search: [Google]
1442196221319.jpg
239KB, 838x998px
>>248279
>QM Question
A picture sparked a lot of ideas and before I knew it, I had made a quest here on /qst/.
That being said, I'm back from my little trip and the next thread for those who are interested is happening in 6 hours and 20-30 minutes.
>>
>>250086
You should post on the Where are they now thread: >>227643
Maybe you'll find some of your previous audience.
>>
>>248279
If I can run a quest only on the weekends is it better to make a new thread every time and just run it as long as I am on for that weekend, or try to keep a thread alive past the 72hr mark?
>implying I can run a quest that's multichapter and not just oneshot.
>>
>>250671
A lot of people, even back on /tg/ only QM'd weekly on the weekends.

My advice is to make a new thread every week. Try to make sessions chapters and focus on closing each one out on a cliffhanger or solid note.
>>
>>248279
>QM Question

I've read a lot of Fate/Type-Moon stuff in the past and sort of decided on a whim to do something like it, since I felt that it could be fun to do.

Also standard shill
>>250748
>>
File: Jay and Avi's Bizzare Adventure.jpg (164KB, 1206x689px) Image search: [Google]
Jay and Avi's Bizzare Adventure.jpg
164KB, 1206x689px
Three Bastards Quest #2 is running here:
>>251073
Come help "Lucky" Jay navigate this strange land.
>>
I decided to start shilling for my quest. Only fifty threads worth of backlog you have to push through. Come on, I know you want to!

>>251636
>>
File: 6.1.jpg (266KB, 1600x1236px) Image search: [Google]
6.1.jpg
266KB, 1600x1236px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/26-rise-of-chaos/EgKvFY9PoHMsTcw4J
>>
>>252317

Beleaguered Prince Quest #24 is now live.
>>
Makai Hōshi quest where?
>>
Which of these is the most comedic for a protagonist to have to deal with?

-murderous right hand
-molesting right hand
-Drug using right hand
-shounen protagonist right hand
>>
>>252584
All of them.
>>
>>252584
Murderous, drug using left hand.
Molesting, shōnen protagonist right hand.
>>
>>252584
You know people are going to vote for all of the above so why ask?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

test
>>
>>248279

When I see TAIMANIN ASAGI in a quest opening, I expect a quest about horrific rape. Not about a police officer who's survived a suicide bomb.

Talk about false pretenses.
>>
>>253056

Oh shit, is that one guy finally running his crazy demon-busting salary man quest?
>>
>>253140

An abortive attempt. I think it's JQOP, though.
>>
>>253171

Aw... Too bad. I liked that idea.

Also, I'm going to try and run something tomorrow to test the /qst/ waters at about 1PM EST/10 AM PST with a one-shot that might expand depending on feedback.
>>
Not the OP of that quest, but i thought id shill for it given im apparently the only player on.

So... Three Bastards Quests is pretty good. Join in you [expletitive(s)].

>>251073
>>
>>253197
>>253197
>>253197

Gonna shill like a champ because I don't want to go through a new thread. The post-block thing got me mid-stride the other night.

>QM Question

I needed some kind of push to get writing done. Whenever I DM'd for this science fiction setting, the group always asked me questions and explored things I didn't think were all that exciting. They got me to think, to ask questions, and kind of flex my creative muscles a little more.

The quest seemed like a normal extension of that, I guess. Running Praeses seemed like something that could be less railroady than Local Man Visits Earth, which would probably fit more in a visual novel or outright novel than a Quest.
>>
>>253304
aka "Doom Quest"
>>
File: notquest.png (7KB, 574x154px) Image search: [Google]
notquest.png
7KB, 574x154px
Heya. Do you guys play the /b/ games that ended up here?
>>
>>253647
Quit whining when you have shitted up tg for the past few fucking years.
>>
>>253647
Nah, not really.
>>
Do you think a towergirls quest which starts with the brave (but rather dim) knight unwittingly rescuing the mimic first would be well received? You know, so I can see how many waifus get killed by bad decisions. I've started planning one but unfortunately it'll have to wait until July when I have the availability to do the art and run long sessions.
>>
Why do people think "Get" based quests are good when the QM actually wants a semi-serious quest. Get based quests are purely for chaos. Trying to do a get based quest with serious tones will only lead to trolls, magical realms fags, and other individuals who attempt to get the MC to do something incomprehensibly stupid; or at least that is how it seems based on my personal experience with vote based quests versus get based quests.

I don't know, how do you guys feel about being in/running get based quests?
>>
File: Gunslinger Girl.jpg (110KB, 700x998px) Image search: [Google]
Gunslinger Girl.jpg
110KB, 700x998px
>>248279
I want to make a quest centered on a gunslinging witch. Not Madoka style gunslinging, but Wild West/Midworld (The Gunslinger Series) style.
>>
File: Well then.png (217KB, 661x468px) Image search: [Google]
Well then.png
217KB, 661x468px
>>253732
They're retarded and I don't participate in them.
>>
>>253732
Part of my problem isn't just the chaos factor, but how it slows the game down on what is a fairly slow board. Who wants to reroll a bunch of times or wait for someone else to come along for something to happen? Gets are fun to incorporate in moderation though imo, maybe to break a tie when people are split, or to clinch a player through a battle that looks dire, things like that.
>>
>>253747
Actually, the gets happen pretty fast. The quests I have in mind when speaking about this topic are "Magic Duel Quest" and "Save Viva Pinata Princess"; though the bad stuff I mentioned has mostly just been true for the Magic Duel Quest.

That's why I'm trying to see how other QMs and players think about this sort of thing. I personally can't understand why a QM would choose to do a get based quest. It's like asking for trolls to fuck up their quest with dumb things like "Incinerate your friend". What's the reasoning behind their decision?
>>
Would anyone play a quest where you wake up in the body of a young woman (previously being a guy): There would be some other stuff to make it fun; mainly stuff that would put the player in lewd and fun situations, as well as challenging ones. Don't know how open /qst/ is to fetishy quests yet.
>>
>>253740
Where's the witch part coming up?
>>
Why is /qst/ a worksafe board anyway?
>>
>>253433
I'm running from EST, and I actually started the quest Sunday afternoon (though didn't get any responses for three hours, and then intermittently throughout). Sundays really are the only days I have a solid block of time to dedicate to QMing, but it looks like this week it'll be split between sunday and today since not much progress was made yesterday
>>
>>253727
Which knight would be a good candidate?
>>
>>253661
Just wondering if my perception that quest players aren't interested in those is unfounded or not.
>>
Thinking of making a low to mid-range Superhero setting. All powers would have some serious physical or mental drawback and there's no Superman to solve all the world's problems before the day is done. Have any power suggestions that are balanced?
>>
>>254357
The power to control any insects within a 1000 meter radius and to be able to feel their senses.
>>
Shill time! Come on in and join me for my attempt a quest about racing:

>>254541
>>254541
>>254541
>>
>>253848
I don't know., that's part of the issue.
>>
Would anyone go for a quest were the MC is a journeyman mortician who is traveling a high-fantasy world to learn about all the different ways to dispose of remains?
>>
>>250059
Personally since I missed your whole quest I'd prefer a new one but if that didn't happen there is still a decent chance I'd read the archives if it looked interesting.
>>
I wish forum roleplay fags would stop calling their shit quests
>>
>>254996
Because a poorly drawn pictures paired with horribly written descriptions means its a good quest...Fuck off.
>>
>>254996
I wish you people would fuck off from /tg/, when you whine about us wanting you to leave, about TOPICS THE FUCKING BOARD WAS SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR and like 1-3 of them when we had you spam your shit with dozens of threads 24/7
>>
>>254996

The fuck are you doing on this damn board then? Go back to /tg/.
>>
>>255041
>>255052
>>255066

>This board is for author-driven collaborative storytelling (i.e., "Quests")

*teleports behind you*
>>
>>255114
>Traditional Games
Notice how it doesn't say garbage premise with shitty writing.
"xd you sex the character and have SUPER HOT SEX!1!one111!!!!"
>>
>>255132
>literally called quest board

*unzips dick*
>>
File: StraightOuttaSNK.jpg (83KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
StraightOuttaSNK.jpg
83KB, 846x846px
>>255114
>>255145

PREDICTABOHL!
>>
>>255145
>literally shat up /tg/ for the past few years
>>
>>255165
>literally shitting up /qst/ right now
>>
>>255199

>Complaining about a containment board
>>
>>255206
>Doing another "victory lap"
>>
File: Awoo Guardian.png (250KB, 500x679px) Image search: [Google]
Awoo Guardian.png
250KB, 500x679px
>>255364
>>255364
>>255364

Hero Guardian Quest continues!
>>
>>254357
Leaping and enhanced agility that strains the body and causes knee jerk reactions to threats and non-threats equally.
>>
I know some people don't like these here, but I'm currently running a Evo game.
>>255415
>>255415
>>255415
>>
>>254109
I was just going to use a generic knight but have others pop up as rivals. Gen 1 only since I want a short quest and replacing the wagon with a time limit. The idea is travelling between towers, saving princesses and finding their dowries all eats up time. First deadline is random princesses start dying, second is some other knight slays the dragon.
>>
>QM Question
Sort of similar to what's been said. I got an idea stuck in my head and, after hammering out the bare minimum in a word document, I just needed to test it out.
>Player Question
Mostly the concept, if it seems like it'll be a chance to explore ideas and scenarios that are new or weird, I'll jump in for a while.

Here's the shill! Modern Necromancy Quest!
>>251125
>>
>>254528
>Skitter detected
>>254357
Flight, but every moment you're up feels like you're flat-out sprinting, regardless of how fast you're actually going.
Mind-reading, but you go totally comatose while doing it, limited to maybe 20-30ft range
>>
>>249691
There is no such thing as risque text. SFW and NSFW only apply to pictures not text. God imagine if it did apply to text. There would be no blue boards.
>>
>>255757
>>249691
That said, anything explicit should probably go into a pastebin.
>>
File: Jedi vs Sith2.jpg (22KB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi vs Sith2.jpg
22KB, 581x327px
Howdy folks!

Jedi Lord Quest is back up and running tonight. Come on in and take a look!

>>249535
>>
>>255382
God is indeed good.
>>
>>254654

Boring.
>>
>>254654
Only if he were a serial killer. Wanted by the authorities.
>>
>>254996
Agreed.
>>255052
>I wish you people would fuck off
Your strategy is now:
>shut up for a moment and try to have fun despite our unrelated shit.
in a year:
>we've been here from the start, and no one complained, so it is ok
Ignoring people remarking you're not on a RPG forum is dumb.
>>
>>254357
>Invisibility where only the person's body is invisible. Any clothing they wear, unless modded to work in tandem with the ability, remains visible.
>Teleportation where you can only travel to places you know the layout of, if something is moved or in the way, you can't warp.
>The ability to turn part or your entire body into a slime/gelatinous being, but your form is reliant on how hidrated you are and you lose form if you are oversaturated with liquid. Reforming limbs/normal body expends a lot of effort/strain.

There are basic things like fire and it being uncontrollable, wings but having to deal with the enormous weight and the inability to retract them, etc, etc.

Lots of fun creating powers if you can find drawbacks.
>>
>>255165
>literally didn't
>>
Test.
>>
>>248279
>>QM Question
A flash game called reverb
>>
>>253732
They're all cancer.
>>
>>253661
/qa/ is down the hall and to the left, friend
>>
>>258125
>implying a board that isn't accessible from the main page is more than an echo chamber
>>
>>248279
QM question: Honestly started as practice for one I've been planning for a while. Starting to love it, though, and hope to stick with it until everyone is sick of it.

Player question: Saw the OP image of DAQ a million times, and decided to check out the archives on it. Glad I did. It wasn't my first quest I read, but it is my favorite.

Contractor Quest 8 is up and running again, if anyone feels like swinging over.
>>
File: 1463020523551.jpg (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1463020523551.jpg
30KB, 250x250px
>>248279
> QM Question:
Skimmed over Strike Witches Quest. Watched Girls und Panzer. Felt inspired. Especially after reading an old /qtg/ during the whole Waifu Quest stuff.

Now look at me.
>>
File: Awoo.jpg (69KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
Awoo.jpg
69KB, 472x472px
>>255364
>>255364
>>255364
Hero Guardian Quest resumes!
>>
Does...does /qst/ have a board-tan?
>>
File: 1462582412650.png (196KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462582412650.png
196KB, 600x600px
>>258877
>>
>>258877
http://shimmie.4chanhouse.org/index.php?q=/post/list/qst/1
>>
>>258877
>>259046
He's even the OP picture in the current thread on /qa/
>>>/qa/555806
>>
So guys, what again was that Kancolle Quest idea that some anon posted? It was a choice of three different MCs and different fleet types commanded. Sadly the archives don't cover QST.
>>
File: SleepingBagman.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
SleepingBagman.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>248279
Banished and Golem Knight Quest pushed me to start my own alongside Vidya thats about 35% of it

The rest was a simple whim
>>
>>259687
Also Shadow Quest
>>
Has anyone used RPG engines like PBtA or Fate Accelerated for quests?

For those who have, did it work well, or what did you have to modify?
>>
>>259687
>>259692
What quest do you run? Sounds pretty relevant to my interest based upon inspirations.
>>
>>259749
Exalted Age on Akun

http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-age/4P7nzMogBzBPFjd4R/home

Started it before /qst/ was formed if I remember
>>
>>248279
I always liked Paladins. I had this fantasy setting brewing in my head for years, so I decided to place the quest in the middle of it. The only problem has been my health going belly-up the moment I started... the anons have been surprisingly kind to it and me. Other then that one idiot.
>>
>>250110
Nope. Ran it on /tg/ two years ago.
>>
You know, i figured 5 days away in china would have made me miss much more than just 2 quests.
>>
>>259472
Pretty much just that
>>
Long time no see, QTG. Three years or so, and I see they actually went and made a dedicated quest board.
Are all the terrible predictions from /tg/ true?
>>
>>262578
Yes and No.
>>
>>262578

Little of Column A, little of Column B.
>>
How late does qst stay up?

Like is there a time when I shouldn't expect any replies at all? Or what.
>>
>>263015

24/7/365 for now, though there are times when it's slow because there aren't a ton of noteworthy quests out there nowadays.
>>
>The ex-waifu just accidentally killed the MC in Banished.
>>
>>263015
Pretty late usually. 1 to 2 AM.
>>
>>263437
Welp.
>>
Gwent quest

yay or nay?
>>
>>263464
>>263437
NEWS FLASH, MC LIVES! BANISHED ISN'T DEAD
>>
>>264071
What happened? I assume it involves a shitstorm worth knowing about.
>>
>>264078
anons panicked on finding a solution to have MC resurrect himself, found a way which involves creating a clone body of ex-waifu and inserting MC's soul into said clone body which turned MC into genderbent version of his ex-waifu.
>>
>>264097
>>264090

That sounds super retarded. Are you talking about Chryssa?
>>
>>264108
yes.
>>
>>264108
it's practically the most convoluted and complicated race change/plastic surgery ever.
>>
>>264115
So Mik is now a human male with horns who looks like he could be related to Chryssa, is what I'm getting from this.
>>
>>264118
Yes. And a massive shitstorm also came up with fierce debate regarding whether or not Chrys is actually a woman or if Chrys was a trap and it took anons 200 threads to figure it out.
>>
>>264132
What killed him?
>>
>>264144
Death by mundane neck snap.
>>
>>264150
Fitting.
>>
>>264150
All due to the fact some Anon rolled a nat 3.
>>
File: it was I.png (35KB, 1720x609px) Image search: [Google]
it was I.png
35KB, 1720x609px
>>264196
funny, I was the one who rolled that nat 3
>>
>>264206
Holy shit, what a roll. You should feel proud of that shit goddamn.

Snappening 2, waifu boogaloo at least didn't kill the quest.
>>
>>264132
I'm convinced that Soma has some sort of immunity to shitstorms. I mean there have been a few but they always seem to turn against other players instead of him.
>>
>>265054
I think the shitstorm change in direction was after the balls to the wall session where anons managed to successfully GM Metal despite Soma saying it shouldn't be possible.
>>
File: The base is closed.png (347KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The base is closed.png
347KB, 1000x1600px
Ey yo.

I'm gonna be running Varuna Base Quest on /tg/ in three hours or so. Hope to see people there.
>>
>>259472
I'm the guy who posted it, what do you want to know?
>>
>>265639
>>265639
>>265639

Gwent for your soul!
>>
Do you guys think it'd be possible to run this game on /qst/ RISK style?

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/classroomdm/classdm/index.html
>>
>>265925
You are thinking of running a skirmish or a risk game, which is not something you need the approval of this general to run (not that approval of this general is needed to run quests here, we just don't want people advertising skirmishes or games of RISK here).
>>
Is shilling frowned upon here?
Cuz I'm gonna.
Peter Titmouse is back.
>>266305
>>
File: rondeatheater_2878.jpg (16KB, 350x274px) Image search: [Google]
rondeatheater_2878.jpg
16KB, 350x274px
Preparing to run Edgy Harry Potter Fanfic Quest tomorrow, starring your favorite cliches including but not limited too HINO, Itachi Uchiha, Magical Cores, and Ron the Death Eater
>>
File: Jedi General Obi Wan Kenobi.jpg (73KB, 690x960px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi General Obi Wan Kenobi.jpg
73KB, 690x960px
Just started up thread 5 of Jedi Lord Quest!

Come on in and play
>>266990
>>
How would you guys take to having a series of comic panels for the OP(s)/intro of a quest as opposed to a regular text intro?
>>
>>267166
I think you should do comic panels for every update.
>>
JOAN OF LOTHARINGIA

Premise:

"The year is 1353.

Christendom is facing its darkest moment, although that isn't saying much giving the last few hundred years of torment and martyrdom.

Constantinople has fallen.

After 50 years of violent struggle, the Teutonic Knights have finally seized Northern France from the Tuyyubids of the Iberian peninsula.

Just five years ago, led by a 14 year old maiden, Occitania was reconquered by a Crusading force, fighting not for glory nor riches, but survival.

However, a new darkness from the North, the East and from the stars above threatens to engulf Christendom.

In the West, the ululating North hordes sacrifice everyone they capture. Great pagan temples adorn the Highland of Scotland, in which beating hearts are carved out of their owner's chest to appease Huitzilopochtli.

In the East, the Mongols burn down entire cities and villages, sparing none. They have already struck Poland, Lotharingia's traditional ally in the East. With one less ally, Lotharingia is weaker than ever.

And above, a race of Mantis-men have descended onto the Muslims, bringing great devastation upon them. At first, Christendom, seeing Qurtubah and Baghdad burn to the ground, wept joys of tears as these mysterious invaders brought years of much-needed relief to Christendom under pressure. But as news emerged of the Mantis-Men "throwing suns" onto the Saracen with extreme prejudice and smiting them from afar in a most dishonorably way and raining smaller fires onto them, the attitude of the Christian world cooled considerably.

You are 19 year old Joan of Lotharingia, a veteran of the Acquitanian Crusade.

And your faith in the banner of Christ is under great stress."

Thoughts?
>>
File: dunno.jpg (27KB, 372x474px) Image search: [Google]
dunno.jpg
27KB, 372x474px
I'm not trolling when I say that I feel all quests from /tg/ need to be moved here. Right now the division between people who refuse to come here and stay at /tg/ and the people who are here seems to be creating two places that seem dead. It seems dead here looking at new quests that don't get half the responses people did back when it was one fanbase. And there's so few threads over at /tg/ to, like 20% of the threads remaining there.
>>
I'm planning a quest where the MC will play support to a team of variously powered individuals. But I'm having trouble as to what a support protagonist can actually do without being boring. I was thinking of the protagonist as being somewhat of a control tower, overseeing the mission aspect, but the particulars of it don't spring to mind, really. Tech levels are 20 minutes into the future, plus kitchensink implements.

>>268271
>I'm not trolling when I say that I feel all quests from /tg/ need to be moved here.
Yes, you are.
>>
>>268271
They have never gotten half the responses they used to on /tg/. It's been that way from the very start, outlier QMs with cults notwithstanding.

And moving the few threads from /tg/ to here will make absolutely zero impact on this board.
>>
Why is /qst/ so fucking dead? Are the New Quests just truly shit?
>>
>>268481
>Why is /qst/ so fucking dead?
Because that's what they wanted by creating this board, Anon.
>>
File: Funerary.jpg (990KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Funerary.jpg
990KB, 1500x1000px
>>>268264
>The Paladin's Dilemma

A paladin holds the BBEG of an entire campaign at his mercy. Justice is about to be served. Come see the MC kill himself and his enemy at the behest of Lawful Good players in the second post of the quest.

>>268481
No player base. Simple as that. You might get lucky and draw a bit of attention now and then, but realistically, most people playing in current quests on this board were dragged along by QMs with a strong playerbase to begin with, and have only kind stuck around.

That's what the Board Fun Police in /tg/ and on /qa/ wanted from the start. A containment board to kill off more creativity on /tg/. Because it's badwrongfun and they don't like it.
>>
Urban fantasy where the protagonist is an amateur vampire hunter with only a couple of kills under his belt.

Become overwhelmed with fear and paranoia as you keep stumbling across more and more supernatural shit and realize just how deep the rabbit hole goes.
>>
testan
>>
>Jim Mac got hit by a car
THE CURSE
>>
>>269045
At least he's alive.
>>
>>268326
Have them play clean up too and stumble into some kind of conspiracy when they find a villain mcguffin while cleaning the ruins of a building.

If they're the control tower, they also get to assign different heroes to different squads and have to deal with heroes who don't follow the rules.

There's plenty of potential. I'd join that.
>>
File: UqVNdaH.jpg (358KB, 1035x1500px) Image search: [Google]
UqVNdaH.jpg
358KB, 1035x1500px
LGA2 is live.

>>>/tg/47822042
>>
File: cover2.png (288KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
cover2.png
288KB, 1000x1300px
>>269369
Updating, and shilling.
>>
>>269274
>I'd join that.
Nah, you wouldn't. It's going to have smut, and run on Akun. And the kinks are probably all wrong for yer average redblooded male.

Ha, well, I need to do some more research to actually make playing it enjoyable. Maybe ditch the control tower idea for most missions.
>>
>>266480
>>>/tg/47824681

Shilling for this. If you want cyborg ninja Harry Potter being edgy, that's what you'll find
>>
>>270145
>>270145
>>270145

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now running. Come help Prince Meirion secure political marriages to make up for the fact that his brother is marrying a maid and basically dooming the kingdom to a nasty war of succession unless someone does something to prevent it.
>>
Writing a oneshot, come join if interested:

>>>/tg/47825573
>>
>>266815
Watch as /qst/ masterfully derails a thread into another quest!
>>
What's the verdict on /qst/? Is it good?
>>
>>271317
No.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (46KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
46KB, 600x549px
>>269945
Thanks for everyone who participated in Edgy Harry Potter Fanfic Quest.

I had a good time, and I hope you did too
>>
>>271317
Nah. Deader than Elvis and not enough new players to go around.
>>
>>271317
It's pretty neat for anybody who's actually playing and QM'ing. We need a lot more new people.
>>
>>271317

I like the board because I don't need to search through the /tg for quests and it have lower pace than /tg.

But the board is still pretty young and it may take time that people will join this board.

In my opinion the board would be almost perfect if it was NSFW board, but I can understand the reason for the /qst to be blue board.
>>
>>271317
It's painful to watch.
>>
>>271317
I like it. It's a good opportunity to those wanting to try out being a QM. Player base is hit or miss though.

But there's been a bunch of good quests amongst the shit.
>>
File: 6.4.jpg (304KB, 640x942px) Image search: [Google]
6.4.jpg
304KB, 640x942px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/26-rise-of-chaos/EgKvFY9PoHMsTcw4J
>>
Any actually decent quests goin on now?

Cause most of the quests that have started since the /qst/ was formed are absolute ass. Like really really ass.
>>
>>275248
>Three Kingdoms Quest
>Peter Titmouse
>Melancholic Quest
>Laughing Dog
>Jack Chitin
>HOOD QUEST >>266815

Everything else depends on your taste.

It's been a long-enough time for fresh meat to pop up.
>>
>>275248
no they're all shit
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.