[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hell's Highway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 4

File: aragorn.png (161KB, 271x310px) Image search: [Google]
aragorn.png
161KB, 271x310px
"Listen up," a soft voice tries to bellow through the din of the bar, "I'm looking for mercs to get me through the country to the border of Albosaia. Anyone interested?" You hear derisive snorts as you try to reposition yourself to get a glimpse at the speaker.

You see a woman standing near the entrance to the bar. She is short with a small build, similar to a middle schooler. She has brown hair which is tied back in a ponytail. She is wearing a long coat with no vest or gear. The rest of her clothing is typical for this area You raise your eyebrow at the method of dress, as most mercenaries or people trying to get through the country would know to wear some sort of protective gear. Her face is red with embarrassment as several mercenaries sitting at the table towards the front are chuckling amongst themselves. She stomps her foot with anger.

"Hey!" she yells, "listen to me!" She runs up to one of the tables, slamming her hands down and speaking to the people sitting and drinking. After speaking for a bit, one of them shoos her away and she stomps away, going to another table. She repeats this process for most of the tables. She eventually moves towards your table, looking more and more upset.

She walks up and down at you. "Are you a merc?" she asks.

>"Yeah, I'm a merc."

>Nod.

>Write in.

(This is the revival of a Quest I tried to start that I didn't do well)
>>
>>235461
>"Yeah, I'm a merc."
>>
>>235468
Thanks for the first post! I'm gonna try to update every 30 mins to 1 hr.
>>
>>235468
Thanks for posting! I will try to update every 30 mins to 1 hr.
>>
>>235461
>Nod.
>>
>>235461
>Nod.
>>
You nod at her, silently confirming your status. She tilts her head. "Don't you talk?", she asks in a rude tone. She shakes her head, remembering what she wanted to ask.

"I need you to help me with something." She looks at you with a pleading and serious face. "I need to get to Albosaia. Unfortunately, I've never been through this region, and I know nothing about the conflict going on inside it. You look like you've been in there, so you would be the person to guide me. I need a guide, and a guardian for this. You have weapons and experience." She points to your rifle and holster. "I really need your help, please." She puts her hands together and gives you a sad look.

>"Pay?"

>"Why?"

>Write in
>>
>>235648
>"Why?"
>>
>>235648
>"Pay?"

I don't think our brooding protagonist gives a shit why she needs to get where she's going.
>>
>>235648
>"Pay?"
>Implying we need to know personal shit
>Implying we won't be professional
>Implying we aren't the transporter
>>
>>235672
I'm a touch confused on what the other greentext below the pay thing means.
>>
>>235695
Effectively, I went on a little rant about a character from a shitty movie from 2002
>>
>>235718
okay. I think I understand.
>>
>>235648
>"Pay?"

>>235718
Shitty? Anon you are spot on
>>
I'm gonna do one more update before I hit the hay.
>>
"Pay?" you ask gruffly. She looks at you for a moment before shaking her head again.

"Once I get there I promise that you'll be paid for your services in full. I don't have an exact amount right now, but I promise you'll be allowed to name your price." She looks at you hopefully. "Look, if you want I have a route mapped out on this," she pulls a map from a side pocket of her small backpack. She unfurls it on the table, "First, we go here," she points to Napakiak. "Then, we go to Kozino, and from there we go over to Kododo. There are some refugee camps there that Albosaia runs convoys in and out of. We can get a ride from one of those." She smiles at how clever she feels. She realizes suddenly that you haven't actually accepted the job yet. Apparently, she had never gotten this far with her negotiations with the other mercs. "Umm," she stutters, "do y-you want to take the job?"

>"Why do you need to get there?"

>"Sure, I'll take the job."

>Write in
>>
See you guys tomorrow, I hope the thread makes it till morning.
>>
>>235919
>"Sure, I'll take the job"
>>
>>235919
>"I'll be needing extra now that you told the whole tavern your plan." Take the job and proceed to make a different plan.
>>
File: HellsHighwayMap.jpg (214KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HellsHighwayMap.jpg
214KB, 800x600px
>>235919
map, because im the dumbass who forgot it
>>
>>235977
On second thought, >>236007 the proposed path seems like it would end I the least shenanigans, let's do as she suggested before we shenan again
>>
>>235919
>"Sure, I'll take the job"
>>
>>235919

>>235977
Good thinking. Instead of Kadodo we could look at taking a ship (or stealing one) from Kozino.
>>
>sure I'll take the job
>>
>>236310
Ship route sounds good!

>>235919
Get our standard merc contract form out. If she can't pay, she will pay back by slave labour. She's to obey our orders.
>>
File: HellsHighwayMapWithNotes.jpg (260KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HellsHighwayMapWithNotes.jpg
260KB, 800x600px
(I'm back)

"Sure, I'll take the job," you say. Her face lights up. "However, we have some issues. This map is not going to work, its from before the war, and it doesn't take into account any of the conditions on the inside. Basically, thats not a map" You take out your own map from your bag, unfurling it on the table. "This is a map." She looks with confusion at your map, which is covered in notes.

You point to the red and blue circles near Napakiak and Kozino. This red circle shows the airstrike zone of the government planes and the Albulian air wing. Those are stationed outside Kozino. They have tankers flying in the air which are able to refuel planes launching long missions. Orders for the area are shoot on sight for any rebels or possible rebels. We can't get close to Napakiak or Kozino. The blue circle represents the area where the government has been launching search and destroy missions. Within that area, going to any towns and villages would be a major danger, as they could be attacked any time. So basically, anywhere near these military bases," you point to the three boxes near the line in the middle of the country, "is a danger zone and we're not gonna be able to get there. Now, it's a distinct possibility that Horape is safe for the time being, so we could go there. From there, we have a more difficult decision, we could go along this border here." You point to the line at the middle.

>cont.
>>
>>236504

"This is the border between the military controlled zone and The War Hogs of Uralan Liberation, the political rebel faction that is seeking liberation as well as the largest and most well armed group. There is heavy fighting on this border zone. The rebels keep making pushes towards the military bases but are often repulsed and end up regrouping. The entire area is full of no man's land type areas. The rebels have planes, but they don't sortie for strikes that are not on the border. We could move along the border, and hope that the rebels aren't making a push. We could move through War Hog territory towards the border between the Mimayik rebels to try to move towards the refugee camps near Kadodo. The Mimayik are busy engaging with the military forces at the base. They are having trouble because of the exclusion zone." You point to the yellow circle. "This zone is where there was a nuclear reactor. They were sabotaged early in the war by the Yhmirians. Now, the area is covered in radiation, makes it almost impossible to move troops through the area." You point to the northeast region. "Speaking of the Yhmirians, we want to be careful of these guys. These are the Rightous Zealot Brigade of Yhmir. They are currently heavily engaged with the far right factions near Bezhany. Zimyrean millitant groups are backing the Yhmirians, which has led to them making gains. We shouldn't have to deal with them to much over near Polovragi. As for the far right, we shouldn't have too much trouble from them. They don't mind mercenaries as much as the military, and I know some guys in it. The far right factions are allied with the military."

You begin speaking again. "There are several options we have for transportation. We can take a trade caravan to Horape. However, we will probably have to figure out our route from there. I would have to figure out when one is leaving. We would have good protection against bandits and raiders if we do. Our second option is to leave tonight and try to make it to Horape in 3 days. We would have move very quickly. Finally, we could move with an arms caravan. This is a dangerous one, and I can't guarantee where it is going. More likely than not, one will be going deep into rebel territory to trade weapons with the rebels for diamonds or oil. Again, I would need to figure out when an arms caravan is leaving. If the military catches us, we'll probably be killed immediately. However, it will be the most well protected against bandits and raiders. So, how do you want to go?" You look over at her.

She is clearly confused. Her eyes are wide open as she tries to comprehend everything you told her. "Umm...you should pick. You know better than I do. How do think we should move?"

>Arms caravan

>Trade caravan

>On foot

>Write in
>>
>>236505
>On foot
>>
>>236505
Trade caravan
>>
>>236505
Trade caravan, going on foot is suicide with her clumsy ass tagging along.
>>
>>236505
Trade caravan for reason listed above
>>
"We will go with a trade caravan," you decide. She nods in agreement, before sticking out her hand.

"I'm Ari by the way." She says. "When will we leave?"

"I'm gonna look into what caravans are going where, and I need to get some stuff ready regardless. I'll tell you when we'll leave." You return the shake briskly and begin to ask some questions. "Do you have a weapon?" She nods and points to a holster on her hip under her coat. You follow the question up with "Bullets?"

She looks in the side pocket of her coat. "Five clips for the pistol." You nod, thinking for a moment.

"Do you have anything to trade on the inside?" She cocks her head confused. You sigh slightly and explain, "Regular money is not going to work on the inside, the government is dealing with a massive rebellion so paper money isn't worth shit. You are going to have to trade either diamonds, drugs, bullets, etc. Practical items are whats worth something on the inside. Diamonds can be traded to caravans, drugs can be used personally or sold to caravans, bullets can be shot, you know how it works."

She lightly scratches her head, "I don't have any diamonds or drugs. The most I can sell would be the extra clips..." You shake your head.

"Lucky for you, I have some extra stuff that we can sell if need be. Next, do you have any food or drink that will last us through the journey?"
She pulls out a roll of paper, which you recognize as the currency of Agrand.

"I can pay for it with this," she holds it out triumphantly.

>"No, I'll go buy what we need."

>"Fine, make sure you have everything before we go."

>
>>
>>237157
>Write in

(Also, what do you guys think so far?)
>>
>>237163
Fun campaign.
>I'll buy my food, you buy yours.
>>
>>237157

We just told her paper money is for crap. Btw, what assurances do we have that there is money waiting for us on the other side?

>>237163
I like it more with each post you make, demonstrates a fairly well-thought out setting or gifted asspulling to the point that it makes no difference.
>>
>>237157
>No, I'll go buy what we need

>>237163
I am interested and hopeful you don't drop off the face of the earth like almost all interesting quests do.
>>
>>237157
We're a professional if we want to survive with reputation intact we need both of us to survive the trip.
>>
>>237609
>>237333
>>237305
Make sure you get healthful travel food. Like potatoes.
>>
>>237624
Seconding
>>
>>237305
>We just told her paper money is for crap
Not here, when we're inside the other country
>>
>>237860
But we need supplies now
>>
>>237881
He means the paper mones will be useless there, but could be put to use here. It should be exchanged for bullet mones before we leave btw.
>>
You put your hand out. "Give me that money, I'll go buy what we'll need. How much can you carry in that bag?" You point to it.

"Not much, the most I have are some MREs and a sleeping bag and some other basic survival supplies." You sigh. "Looks like I'll be carry most of it. If the need arises, we can hunt some animals on the inside. I can probably fashion some traps while we're out there. Anyways, just hand me the money." She sheepishly passes you the roll of bills.

She stands quietly for a moment while you count the money before she asks, "What should I do while you get everything together?"

You stop counting the bills and look at her, "Well...you could walk with me, or you could hang out around this bar or somewhere in town. You look at your watch. Through the cracked glass you can see that it is about 4:45. "I don't think that any of the caravans will be leaving tonight and I have to run to the market, so it's probably a good idea to get a hotel room for yourself. I have a room at this bar, so if you want you could stay there. I don't care if you're in a room with me, so its more a matter of if you are comfortable."

"I-I think that it wouldn't be a good idea if we shared a room, so I think I'll get a hotel room," she stutters out, red faced.

"Suit yourself," you say, "here then." You hand her some bills. "For the room. I'll meet you here later, so we can hash out the details of when we'll leave."

You walk out of the bar, going towards the direction of the market. On the way, you try to figure out what exactly you should buy. The little lady had a good amount of money on her, so you should be able to buy a good amount of stuff.

You could buy large quantities of food and drink. This would probably be better for morale, but might limit your space for other supplies such as bullets. You could buy lots of bullets, which would definitely help in case of attack, but the same issue exists. You could purchase extra utility items, such as shovels or other tools. You could buy medicine, which would help to treat wounds and also could be used for trading on the inside. You could buy a weapon like a bow and some arrows, which would allow you to hunt. You could buy grenades and explosives, which could be used against heavier targets if you encounter them.

>Write in

(First, thanks for all the responses, especially >>237305. For this write in, put what you think should be prioritized in buying. Keep it to about a five item priority list. Those not included in the list are considered lowest priority.)
>>
>>238153
>Bullets
Then
>Hunting Supplies
Then
>Medicine
Then
>Water with some food
Then
>Explosives
>>
>>238169
This should work
>>
>>238153
>Bullets
>water purification
>medicine
>hunting supplies (replace with resource on edible plants and fungi if we don't already know this stuff)
>food/water
>>
>>238153
>>238169
I am replacing water/food
With
>Water Purification
>>
>>238198
I was gonna say you could bring iodine tablets or bleach instead of bottled water
>>
>>238153
(1) a form of currency, ammunition seems solid enough to fall back on
(2) rations all day erry day
(3) grenades, two tops
(4) weather appropriate gear, shelter
(5) medicine/basic aid kit. Fat chance of getting disinfectant and the like over the border.
>>
test
>>
>>238198
This I can support.
>>
>>238169
When you say hunting supplies, do you mean just a bow and arrow or like traps?
>>
>>238296
Traps wouldn't be very practical, bow would be better.
>>
>>238296
I wrote it ambiguously as I'm not really sure what would be best. Perhaps a bow and arrow & some traps?
>>
>>238153
>bullets
>drugs
>an easily-hidden diamond or two
>medical supplies
>tools

It's like you guys don't even know what a diversified portfolio looks like
>>
>>238371
gotcha
>>
(Since there was no consensus and there are some great ideas out there, i incorporated ideas from all of them)

You decide that you will prioritize bullets above all else, reasoning that they can be used for currency as well as for protection if need be. The next thing on your list is iodine tablets and some MREs, as well as some hunting supplies. Looking at the money you have, you could probably get a bow somebody made and some arrows without spending too much. Next, you want to get some medical kits with sutures, syringes and disinfectants. You go shopping, and manage to get your hands on about 25 clips of 30 rounds for your assault rifle and six extra reloads for your revolver (you figure you won't have to use it that often). You manage to haggle with several salesmen and eventually get your hands on what you average to be a 10 day supply of MREs and iodine tablets. You think that you could probably make those rations last longer if you hunt occasionally. For hunting, you are able to obtain a bow and 15 arrows. The bow isn't anything special, other than it being homemade. It should survive through the trip. If the payday is what it looks like, you shouldn't ever have to go through Urala again. Finally, you managed to get your hands on some opium and cocaine, which you stash deep in your bag. You don't use the stuff, but worst case scenario you can trade it for your life or for some medicine or something. Also, a man gave you a gram of a substance he called Caliber for free because you purchased cocaine from him. He claims that it enhances your reflexes and focus. You stash it with the other drugs.

You look around and manage to find several caravans leaving. Most are leaving after tomorrow, which is market day in the city. One of the caravans is going straight for Horape and is carrying food supplies. Another caravan is carrying medicine and is bound for on of the towns where there is heavy fighting. A third caravan is shipping water purification systems to refugee camps in the jungles of the northwest region.

>Take the caravan headed for Horape. The caravan isn't carrying anything worth raiding it seems, and there are caravans that run out of Horape.

>Take the caravan headed for the town in the badlands (border region between military and rebels). The caravan will probably be pretty well armed considering its going into a dangerous area. Also, it will get you closer.

>Take the caravan to the northwest. You have friends in the far right factions that could probably get you on a convoy somewhere else closer.

(You guys vote for what kind of assault rifle and 1 attachment our protagonist has. Guns are the same as those in our world)
>>
>>238533
We've already abandoned stealth, so I have no idea
>>
>>238533
>Take the caravan headed for Horape. The caravan isn't carrying anything worth raiding it seems, and there are caravans that run out of Horape

Gun- Sig556xi running 5.56 NATO and an AK lower with a Holographic sight
>>
>>238533
>Take the caravan headed for the town in the badlands (border region between military and rebels). The caravan will probably be pretty well armed considering its going into a dangerous area. Also, it will get you closer.

Also, H&K G3, though it's technically a battle rifle.
>>
>>238587
Second on both counts, go with a 4x optic
>>
>>238533
I don't know guns. I'll let gun anons do guns.

We should go to Horape and re-assess the situation there. Even our map might not be up to date enough.
>>
>>238587
Battle rifles work too.
>>
>>238587
What kind of ammo does it use? It's the most popular choice right now.
>>
>>238744
7.62 x 51mm NATO
>>
>>238748
Ok thanks, that's what I thought
>>
Hey guys, it would be great if we could have another lurker submit his vote so we know what the choice is in which caravan our characters are taking
>>
>>238533
>>
(From popular suggestion our protagonists rifle is a Heckler and Koch G3 battle rifle with a 4x optical sight. Thanks for helping me out.)

You decide that you will take the caravan that is going through the badlands. You talk with one of the men who's in charge, who tells you that the group leaves tomorrow after market day. They aren't taking trucks, just horses and pack animals so that you're less noticeable but can still carry a good number of supplies. He says that the group is pretty well armed, with about nine mercenaries acting as guards. You say that you and your partner are going to also come along as guards. He shakes your hand and agrees on payment.

You walk back to the bar, bags of supplies in hand which you plan to pack away in your pack. You'll have enough room to carry everything. You walk inside, looking around for the girl. She is sitting at the table you were sitting at in the back. She is swinging her legs like a little kid, impatiently waiting for your return. As soon as she glances at you walking towards her, she gets red faced. As soon as you get to the table, she stands up.

"L-look, I don't like this, but there are no hotel rooms open in the city." You cock your head. "So I need to stay in the room you have here. Don't do anything lewd to me while I'm sleeping!" You snort, chuckling to yourself slightly. Her face gets even redder as she stomps her foot, "Why are you laughing at me?" She asks.

"Don't worry about it," you say, still chuckling slightly. "Anyways, there's a caravan leaving tomorrow that should lead us close to where we want to be. We'll be going deep into the warzone, and as far as the caravaneers are concerned we are a mercenary team. They're not leaving until later, so do what you want until we leave tomorrow. Alright, so now that we have a plan, I'm pretty beat. Let's go." You pick up the bags and begin walking. You hear her get up and start walking behind you.

You walk the stairs and down the hall to your room. You open the door and walk in. The room is modest, containing a fridge, sink, bathroom, bed and couch. You didn't furnish it any further. You put the bags down next to the bed. She walks in behind you, standing in the center of the room while looking around. You turn to her, and see that she is somewhat bewildered by the meager abode in which you reside.

>Suggest the bed. You can sleep on the couch

>Suggest the couch. It's my room damnit.

>Write in
>>
See you guys tomorrow.
>>
>>239155
>I'm sleeping on the bed, you sleep wherever, don't matter to me none, hell, sleep on my legs and I'll get plenty of rest. Just don't make any noise.
>>
'>Suggest the couch. It's my room damnit.

"Look, we can share the bed if you want to, but otherwise you can sleep on the couch."
>>
>>239179
>>239180
I like these options.
>>
>>239155
>suggest the couch

Do you think we'd be in the merc business if we were selfless?
>>
>>239179
This
>>
"Listen, I'm sleeping in my bed. If you want, you can sleep there too. It won't bother me. There's a couch there that's pretty comfortable if you don't want to sleep in the bed." You stretch your arms and go lay down on the bed. "Anyways, night." You close your eyes. "Oh yeah, flip the lights off and lock the door will you?" You feel the lights turn off and hear the deadbolt locking. You hear her lie down on the couch. You feel yourself slowly drifting into sleep.

You see a battlefield in front of you. The haze of a dreamlike state washes over you as you look upon it. Men charge forward with rifles in hand. A group of several people stand on the other side, taking shots which make the charging men explode into a red mist. You charge forward, weaving in between the bullets you see flying. You don't know how you can see them flying. You hold up your rifle, aiming it downrange towards the figures. You have one of them in the crosshairs when you squeeze the trigger. The muzzle of the gun flashes and one of the figures in the distance explodes into a thick black fog. You feel a sharp pain in your leg, and you fall to your knees. The figures walk up to you, looking you over with their dark faces. "Well," one of them says. His voice is familiar to you. "Just who are you?"

>Say name (suggestions)

>"I am a martyr"

>Write in
>>
>>239750
>Nod
>>
>>239750
>Say name (suggestions)
Cynewulf. I'm not really sure what culture we're supposed to be from, but a good Anglo-Saxon name always fits.
>>
>>239750

That man died a while ago.
>>
>>239750
>A dead man
>>
"A dead man," you respond to the figure. A hoarse laugh erupts from one of the figures. The figure who was speaking brings its face close to you, you smell smoke and see a long dark shape of a cigarette close to your face.

"Well...well," the figure says to you. "I think that you need to rethink your place, child. Now, I have a vacancy that needs to be filled. You killed one of my men, and now you will take his place. I'll make you a deal, I'll give you first aid and ensure you live, and you'll work for me. If you truly want to die for your god, you can stay here. I'm not going to kill you, you would be a waste of ammunition. Now make your choice."

You raise your eyes to the face, which stares at you with bright red eyes. "I want to live," you say, feeling a sense of nothingness wash over you.

"So be it," the figure says, "get him patched up." He waves his hand, and the figures all fade into mist. You feel your vision growing darker, fading into nothingness.

You open your eyes suddenly, finding the vision you see is the cracked paint of the ceiling of your room. You feel that there is someone next to you. You look over, and glimpse that the girl is lying down next to you. You can see that she must have left the couch at some point during the night. The sun is shining through your window. You look at your watch. 9:00 in the morning. You have time to sleep, or you could wake up and go do some stuff.

>Sleep some more

>Get up

>Write in
>>
>>240630
>Get up
>>
>>240630
>get up
>>
>>240630
>Get up
>>
>>240630
>Get up
>>
>>240630
>Get up, stretch, do basic morning calisthenics routine
>>
>>240630
>Get up
>Do morning exercises
>Clean guns
Always be prepared
>>
>>241004
Supporting this.
>>
You decide to get up. You get out of your bed, preparing to get started with your morning routine. You begin to do push ups in the center part of the room near the fridge. You take off your coat and shirt so that they won't get covered in sweat for the journey later. You bench press a bar to which you tied two jugs of sand. Finally, you finish your workout by punching a punching bag in the corner of the room. You stretch to cool off. You begin to think about what you should do next.

(I'm gonna write a couple shorter posts with less time in between them for the next couple posts)

>Clean guns

>Get breakfast

>Go wash off behind bar

>Run down to the market

>Write in
>>
>>241132
>Break fast.
>>
>>241132
>Clean guns
We should wait to get breakfast with the girl, so that we can prepare her for the journey.
>>
>>241132
>Clean guns
>>
>>241132
>clean guns
>wash off
>while still shirtless, wake up client to show off them sick gainz
>>
You walk over to the table and put the rifle down. You disassemble your rifle and take the revolver out of its holster. You take a can of polish, solvent, brushes and other supplies out of your vest, which is hanging on the chair. You soak a patch in solvent and run it through the barrel of your rifle and your revolver. You alternate between patches and bore brush for a while in order to make sure it is clean before you go out into the warzone. After you lubricate both barrels you clean and lubricate the action of the guns as well. Finally, you put some polish on the rag and wipe the exterior of the guns. You reassemble the rifle and sit for a bit more. You think about what to do next.

>Breakfast

>Wash yourself

>Go to market

>Write in
>>
>>241303
>Breakfast
>>
>>241303
>Wash yourself
>>
>>241303
>Wash
>while still shirtless, wake up client to show off the sick merc gainz she hired
>>
>>241303
>Wash yourself
>>
You walk out to the back of the bar, and fill a bucket full of water. You pour it over yourself, washing off the dust and sweat from the morning. You take a deep breath and go back to your room. After that, you go back to your room. The way you look at it, there are several options. One, you could wake your client and you both could get some breakfast. Two, you could pack supplies by yourself. Three, you could get some breakfast by yourself and then pack supplies with the client.

>One

>Two

>Three

>Write in

(Hey sick gains guy, when I say wake up client, it will most certainly be without a shirt on and much flexing)
>>
>>241458
>One
I think we should go over what she should expect and how she should act. Keep it succinct and professional.
>>
>>241487
This
>>
File: ;).jpg (7KB, 126x208px) Image search: [Google]
;).jpg
7KB, 126x208px
>>241458
>>241487

seconded
>>
>>241487
This one, sure
>>
You walk over to the bed and shake the girl sleeping there. She groans and tries to smack your hand away. You shake her harder and say "Wake up, its time to do some stuff."

"Please let me sleep." She says softly, trying desperately to get you to go away. She rolls over, managing to get away from your hand.

"No, you need to wake up. There are things to do girl and if you want breakfast you are going to get up now." She tries to cover her ears when you raise your voice slightly. At the mention of breakfast, she perks up and rolls over to a sitting position. "What's for breakfast?"

"Whatever is being served downstairs. Now get up and you can go with me." She slowly opens her eyes and looks at you. She realizes suddenly that you're shirtless, and covers her eyes with her hands. Her cheeks turn bright red with embarrassment as she tries to quickly get out some words of protest.

"A-aren't you g-gonna put some clothes on first?" You look down at your shirtless chest. You chuckle and walk over to your shirt on the table.

"Damn, I forgot I hadn't put a shirt back on," you say as you laugh. She gets up and begins to stretch. You get your clothes back on and walk down to breakfast with her.

After breakfast you return to the room. You begin to pack some supplies. You soon find that you might not have enough room for absolutely everything, especially if there is stuff to pick up on the way there. You look over at the girl, who is sitting on the bed checking all the clips of the pistol she has. You think you could maybe talk with her about carrying some supplies. However, that wasn't something you agreed upon beforehand, so it might break some professional boundaries. The advantage to having her carry some supplies would be having more room in your bag, however you don't know for sure how much she could carry.

>Ask her to carry some stuff

>Don't ask her to carry stuff

>Write in
>>
>>241901
We can just throw out shit that we don't need if it comes to that.
>>
This looks extremely gay.
>>
>>241901
>Ask her to carry some stuff

Remember we're travelling saying we're a pair of mercenaries. You're going to need to carry some of this, plus should the worst ever happen and we get separated or I die you'll need supplies
>>
>>241933
Yeah, I think that makes sense. Let's just try not to burden her too much.
>>
>>241922
It's incredibly, numb-mindingly, skull-fuckingly gay.
>>
>>241922
>>241963
You don't have to read it, you can go to a different quest.
>>
>>241968
I never said I disliked it. Sometimes I want to be pandered to.
>>
>>241979
What do you mean? If there's something you don't like I can try to accomodate in some way since it's a pretty small community contributing
>>
>>241986
When I said pandering, I was thinking about the moe-blob stuttering client. I'm mostly busting your chops though.
>>
>>242001
Gotcha. It's hard to convey a sense of chop-busting over text. I just looked over things and I realized that you've been around this quest for a bit now. I'm sorry for kinda overreacting, I might be a bit oversensitive since this is my first time running a quest.
>>
>>242021
No worries, I should've been less of an asshat anyway. /qst/ is shaping up to be a nice place for nice people.
>>
>>241901
>>
(This is the last update before I hit the hay for tonight. Tomorrow, shit gets real guys, they're go into the war zone)

You decide to not ask if she can carry stuff, it'll be easier anyway since you'll know where everything is. You keep packing but realize, you will be carrying a bit less of one particular item. You need to decide what you'll be carrying less of.

>Write in
>>
>>242088
Carry a couple less MRE's and don't bother taking most of the cocaine.
>>
>>242104
Yea cut the cocaine.

Cool quest btw.
>>
>>242104
>>242088
Food and drugs, it's not like we need all of either.
>>
Caliber sounds cool. Probably addictive though.
>>
>>242088
Drugs, explosives, rope
>>
Give her to carry some light weight stuff so we can take everything because we will probably need them. Plus she must pretend to be our merc buddy not client anyways.
>>
You decide you can pack less of the MREs and cocaine. You estimate that you'll be leaving about 2 days worth of food. After you finish packing, you find yourself wondering what there is to do next. Taking a look at your watch, you can see that you have about 6 hours until the caravan leaves. This gives you time to do different things. You could call some of your buddies in the military or the far right and find out what the situation is out in Urala right now. You could discuss with your client about exactly why she needs to get across Urala. Or, you could run down to the market with the remaining money and see what is for sale.

>Talk with informants

>Talk with client

>Go to market

>Write in
>>
>>242790
>Talk with the informants
>>
>>242790
>>Talk with informants
>>
>>242790
>Talk with informants
I think we should make it a goal to get through this quest without ever asking our client who she is and what she's doing.
>>
>>242790
>Talk with informants
>>242871
Good goal.
>>
I'll be back in a couple hours, there probably won't be an update until like 8 tonight
>>
I think it was dumb to not get anything up front. All we've got is her word that she'll pay us.
>>
>>242987
We also have violent reinforcement we can fall back on if it comes to it.
>>
Stick it with the pointy end
>>
>>242790
>Talk with client
>>
ill update tomorrow
>>
You tell the client you need to go handle something. She agrees and says that she will continue packing in the room. You go downstairs to the phone at the back of the bar. You pull out a little leather bound book. You dial the number of an old friend in one of the far right factions.

"Hey," a voice comes over the phone, "who is it and who're looking for?"

"It's me. How're you?"

"Good. Shit's not as bad where I am now. The entire eastern border is a clusterfuck right now. The damn Yhmirians just charge right at us. There's so many of them we can barely get all of them. They have suicide bombers too. We can't let anyone even get close to our perimeter now, most of the commanders have issued shoot on sight orders. Anyways man, how are you?"

"Good, I got a client who needs to get to Albosaia. I'm wondering how things are in the north right now. How's it looking?" You ask.

"The west and the south are quiet as usual. Things around the military base are crazy though. That place is too well armed to be overtaken by the Rebs right now. The howitzers are firing almost constantly I hear. The Rebs can't spare troops from the front line to go after the base, so it's a stalemate. That's just about all I know about that's going on. There are rumors that the Albulians are launching deep strike missions in Yhmirian territory. I don't know if it's true or not, but I'm not sure where they're launching from if they are. Anyways, is there anything else you need?"

"No, thanks for the info. Good luck out there." You say, looking in the book for the next number to call.

"Thanks man. Same to you. Until next time, my friend." He finishes, and you hear him hanging up. You dial in the next number, hearing it ring until a man answers it.

"Give your identification code and the code of the person you are attempting to contact." You recite your identification code, given to you in good faith despite not being part of the military. The man begins speaking again, "Roger, wait a moment." In a moment, another person answers the phone.

"Hey, how are you?" The voice comes over, this voice is much younger than the other person you called.

"Good, I am wondering how things are on the front right now." You inquire with him.

"Well, things are relatively normal on the front line right now. The rebels haven't made a charge in a bit now, and I don't know what they're doing."

>"Do you think they'll attack again soon?"

>"What's the situation in the villages?"

>Write in
>>
>>246208
>"What's the situation in the villages?"
>>
"What's the situation in the villages?" You ask.

"The border villages are whole different world. Most of them are trying their best just to stay out of the conflict. The rebels have been putting artillery in those area though. They've also been hiding soldiers and armor in them recently. They know we can't do anything about it unless we get a go ahead from command, which is nigh on impossible because command is so damn touchy about rules of engagement when civilians could get caught in the crossfire. However, some villages have ordered that nobody but approved caravans are allowed through. Generally, it varies from village to village. Oh shit," you year yelling, "hey I gotta go. Someone with slightly more authority than me is ordering me to do shit. Good luck out there." He hangs up before you can reciprocate the gesture.

You call a few more numbers, getting mostly the same information from everyone you talk to. You figure after a few more calls that you've gotten all the information you can get. You look at your watch again, seeing that you have about 2 hours till you're supposed to meet with the caravaneers.

>go down to caravans era with client early so you can talk with them a bit, get to know how seasoned these guys are.

>Talk with the client about what conditions are going to be like. Find out how seasoned she is.

>Pick up last minute supplies.

>Write in
>>
>>248513
>go down to caravans era with client early so you can talk with them a bit, get to know how seasoned these guys are.
Hope more people arrive QM, you run a solid quest
>>
>>248513
>>Talk with the client about what conditions are going to be like. Find out how seasoned she is.
>>
>>248561
why thank you, it means a lot to me that you think that. Comments like that are the reason I keep wanting to update and run this quest
>>
>>248674
>>248513
Dis one.
>>
You decide to find out just how experienced your client is in conditions like those in Urala. You go back up to the room. You go in, finding that she is now munching on one of the MREs at the table. You walk in and sit at the table.

"Hey, I'm wondering, how much combat have you seen?" You ask. She looks over at you.

"I've seen combat!" She says defensively. She puffs up her cheeks angrily.

"Really?" You fee a smirk creeping on your face.

She looks down for a moment. "Well, I've seen training films, and viewed live feeds of soldiers." She responds.

"So you've never been in real combat?" You ask. She shakes her head. "Alright, I'm going to explain some of the stuff that you're gonna need to know while you're out there. First, if bullets start flying or groundpounders start firing, you're gonna get scared. When I say that, you will feel a fear that most people do the first time, but it will strike you to your core. You will break down at that moment, so my recommendation is that you stay down. I will keep you safe because that's what you're paying me for."

She looks at you with a scared look. "What else?" She whimpers.

>Tell her about the chemical warfare

>Tell her about how to deal with rebels

>Lay out terms of payment

>Write in
>>
>>251982
>>Tell her about how to deal with rebels
>>
>>251982
Hopefully this'll make her listen to us more closely.
>>
>>251982
>>
>>251982
Tell the princess about the poisons, she will hold to every word. OUO
>>
"How much do you know about chemical warfare?" You ask her.

"I know some agents that are used, and the history of usage of them." She responds in an academic way.

"Have you seen them used?" She shakes her head. "Do you how they're being used in this conflict?"

She begins to speak, trying to look smarter. "Well, the government has been accused of using chemical and biological weapons on the rebels. The only reason that other countries care is that the military might have fired chemical rounds near or on civilian targets. The rebels have also been accused of using chemical weapons."

You nod your head. "Yes, good. Do you know how to handle situations where there are chemical weapons?" She shakes her head in denial. You pull the gas mask off your vest, showing it to her. "This is gonna be your best friend in those situations. The second you hear this thing," you take a small black box out of one of the pockets of your vest, "ring, put the mask on. You should have enough time if you put the mask on as soon as you hear it. You don't get it on in time, you'll be dead before you know it." She looks at you with a scared look. You hold out the black box. "This is like a canary, it will tell us if there is a chemical agent in the air and ring. It also serves as a Geiger counter. The mask will help you in irradiated zones too. So, thats the basics." You explain some more specific situations that she should know about.

>Tell her about how to deal with situations with different rebel groups

>Lay out terms of payment

>Write in
>>
>>256418
>>Tell her about how to deal with situations with different rebel groups
>>
>>256418
>rebels.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.