[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arab Civ thread no.1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: Civ close 1.png (1KB, 123x155px) Image search: [Google]
Civ close 1.png
1KB, 123x155px
The year is 640 AD
Islam has just been founded, but goes in a slightly different direction.
The religion is much more laid back, like Christianity is today. Belief has skyrocketed and Muhammad founds an arab republic, named Arabea.
The capitol is Makkah (Mecca).
How do we expand?
Population (in millions): 2
Trade partners: Distant traders from unknown countries. The only known countries are the Byzantines and Judea.
>>
Onto the sea. We build boat houses, and are nasheed blasting Not!Rastafarians. Hey, you said laid back.
>>
>>232482
Yes I did.
However, we don't have much vegetation, just the occasional date palm, do you want to do expeditions to find these rare "Rainbow plants"?
Also Fishing is now a growing industry, The prophet is pleased with the current state, as are the people. Cannabis is however, along with other psychodelic drugs such as opium, a plaything for the wealthy.
>>
>>232503

Fix that!

Opium and dank kush are God's gift to his children.
>>
File: Civ close 2.png (3KB, 192x267px) Image search: [Google]
Civ close 2.png
3KB, 192x267px
>>232523
Allah is graceful, and when some explorers in Ethiopia find a plant that is confirmed to be used as a cheap alternative to Opium. It is not as good, but it is shown to be an off breed of poor quality cannabis.
The boat houses settle in Djbouti and along the coast of the red sea.
>>
>>232542
Let's get some irrigation systems up in this bitch
>>
I'm going to be honest, you'll probably get more players if you abandon this quest and start a new thread in Asia, Africa, or the Pacific. There's already a desert people historical civ quest going on anyway.
>>
>>232551
True, but I prefer Ay-rab. Unless you think a civ thread starting in Russia or Prussia would be better/more interesting.
>>
>>232551
America's are interesting too dog
>>
>>232555

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of this quest. However, now that you bring it up, starting at 10,000 BC Siberia would be the ultimate "Dark Souls" of this new genre.

Do what you'd have the most fun doing though. I can't force you into anything.
>>
>>232558

True, but the original quest's taken us to California though, so we can't do the Americas for a while.
>>
>>232558
Not really, Natives aren't as interesting and we'll be fucked by 1550 anyway if so. I will run two threads, probably updating that one more than this one.
I'm thinking Serbia, Prussia, or Russia. What do you guys suggest?
>>
>>232574
Serbia
>>
>>232574

Russia, specifically Siberia.

Cool animals to domesticate since we start at 10,000 BC (traditionally) , and harsh, unforgiving nature elements.
>>
>>232578

There's already a Germany quest going on, so Serbia's too close.
>>
>>232581
>>232578
I wanted to do Prussia. Hmmm
Should I roll a die?
>>
>>232589

Siberia would also have us eventually battle Asian civs., which would be a cool direction to take.

Once again, Prussia is too close to Germany.
>>
>>232599
Siberia is good with me
>>
File: tfw Lenin.png (331KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
tfw Lenin.png
331KB, 680x684px
>>232605
>>232599
So Russia? alllrighty then
>>
>>232613

Let us know when the thread's up!

>>232542

Expand boat-house frontier. Being on land for any reason other than farming is a sin, as it over time destroys Gods creation.
>>
File: Civ close 3.png (3KB, 226x288px) Image search: [Google]
Civ close 3.png
3KB, 226x288px
>>232624
Probably tomorrow. I'm gonna lay in bed, don't feel too great. I can still do updates for this though.
Here is a mupdate before I mobilefag.
>>
>>232652

What time will number 2 be up?(estimate)
>>
>>232662
~ 4 Pacific time
>>
>>232662
Aaanyway
The boathouses are the first of their kind. The boathouse clump up about 1 mile offshore of Yemen and form Sahweh, a city that floats.
It is this year, unfortunately, the almulk alnnabi, and founder of our faith, Muhammad, dies. Our population decreases from our recent peak of 3 million, to 2.9 million due to civil unrest and mass suicides
>>
>>232696
Current stats
Pop(millions):2.9
Almulk Alnnabi (Emperor Prophet): None
alrrayiys alhakim (Governor President): Omar al Jazeen
Exports: Cannibis leaves, fish, Gold, and tapestries.
Current projects: Boathouses and irrigation
Provinces: Makkah, Yahman, Somalan, Sudana, Sahweh.
Govt: Constitutional Monarchy
Main Faiths: Zoroastrianism, Islam.
Languages; Arabic
>>
File: 1447424205073.jpg (29KB, 660x424px) Image search: [Google]
1447424205073.jpg
29KB, 660x424px
will join in on this tomorrow
>>
>>233057

dope city
>>
File: Civ close 4.png (5KB, 267x324px) Image search: [Google]
Civ close 4.png
5KB, 267x324px
>>233667
Quick mupdate before I head to work.
>>
>>233793

It seems that we are expanding too much on land, angering the Lord.

Let's work on making boat houses more efficient, and moving Mecca onto water.
>>
>>234627
Boathouses are still inefficient to make, considering moving the capitol city onto water would bankrupt the country. Plus Sahweh has had issues with sustainability. Seventy-five percent of our Cannabis export profits are being put into Sahweh and other floating cities. How about we start building more mosques around the empire? Not saying we can't build more offshore cities, but be cautious. A total of 9 percent of our GDP is put into managing Sahweh, compared to the city of the same size, Djibouti, which is only sucking up 3 percent.
>>
>>235007
Also Hajr (Modern day Riyadh), and the other holy city, Medina, want to join our Kingdom. Should we allow them in? I've also added New Mecca and provincial borders.
>>
File: Civ close 5.png (8KB, 376x316px) Image search: [Google]
Civ close 5.png
8KB, 376x316px
>>235071
Forgot image
>>
>>235071

Sure, they can join us. However- they're too far inland.

If they wish to follow God, they must move south and fix our border gore there with boat-house docks.

Also, improve boat-houses.
>>
10,000 BC Siberia Quest when?
>>
File: Fictional flag.png (23KB, 1012x604px) Image search: [Google]
Fictional flag.png
23KB, 1012x604px
>>235206
so you want to fill in Yemen?
>>
>>235215

Yes.

Relocate Hajr into being boat people in Yemen, improve boat-houses, and create boat mosques.
>>
File: Civ close 6.png (9KB, 377x325px) Image search: [Google]
Civ close 6.png
9KB, 377x325px
>>235224
Among the 10,000 people on the March, 3,000 die. Public aproval among the lower class has dropped to a measly 10 percent. The People name the new city "Sin City" because of the atrocities of the alrrayiys alhakim. They call for an end to these outrageous settlements on the coast.
Pop(millions): 5
Almulk Alnnabi (Emperor Prophet): None
alrrayiys alhakim (Governor President): Omar al Jazeen
Exports: Cannibis leaves, fish, Gold, and tapestries.
Current projects: Boathouses and irrigation
Provinces: Makkah, Yahman, Somalan, Sudana, Sahweh, Makkah Jadid, Mandinah, Riyadh, Ard Almawtaa
Main Faiths: Christianity, Islam, Judiaism
Languages; Arabic, Hebrew
A Separatist party is already growing in the Arabian Peninsula! They want to stop the alrrayiys alhakim from damaging them any more. We also need a new Almulk Alnnabi, that won't divide Islam.
>>
>>235592

A new prophet shall be mounted. He will be a fisherman, specialize in mass catches, and try to win the people back economically.
>>
File: Civ close 7.png (22KB, 639x592px) Image search: [Google]
Civ close 7.png
22KB, 639x592px
>>235671
The new Almulk Alnnabi, a priest from Mecca Jadid, takes a different direction and removes Omar from office, Replacing him with a more aggressive expansionist that connects to the persian Gulf, along with taking the Horn. It is also discovered that Judea and Byzantium are the same empire, and we meet Persia, they follow another branch of Islam known as Shi'a. Canals are being built to Hajr.
>>
>>235881

Devote the next decade to owning the fish industry. Or at least, try to.
>>
>>235922
Should we fill the Arab Peninsula? More coastline and supplies.
>>
>>235944

The people are kinda tolerating this new sin now. Lets just make boat-houses more dependable and luxurious.
>>
>>235981
Of course, we're already doing that, want to take the coastline? More water and fish.
I also heard of river that runs to the north and forks, maybe that will be useful?
Also listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hz7mziMJBg
>>
>>235990

LMAO am I and the OP the only players of this thread?!

Best thread NA.

Take the rest of Somalia.
>>
>>236000
Yeah, for some reason we are.
You got steam mate?
>>
>>236008

If so, what games?

Also, I am going to bed.
>>
File: Civ close 9.png (15KB, 488x531px) Image search: [Google]
Civ close 9.png
15KB, 488x531px
>>236000
Also here's a mupdate. Arabea takes Mogadish, and expands outward in all directions. Standard of living is starting to go up. Allahu Akbar.
However, Persia is angry with us, claiming we are taking their rightful clay, what do we do?
Pop(millions): 9
Almulk Alnnabi (Emperor Prophet): Basheed al Hajr
alrrayiys alhakim (Governor President): Ahmed the Epic
Exports: Cannibis leaves, fish, Gold, Tapestries, Opium.
Current projects: Canals,Expansionism
Provinces: Makkah, Yahman, Somalan, Sudana, Sahweh, Makkah Jadid, Mandinah, Riyadh, Ard Almawtaa, Kuwait, Dijbouti, Egyptan, Oman, Aramea, Tabuk, Dammam, Qatar, Al Alfaj
Main Faiths: Christianity, Islam, Judaism
Languages; Arabic, Hebrew

And just to talk, other than that, civ 5 gold, Unturned, Goat Sim
>>
>>235990
Take the river and built more boats. More reliable than the coast.
>>
>>236064
We expand up the Euphrates and Tigris to Baghdad.
Persia is outraged, however Byzantium Announces that it will come to our aid if Persia assaults the Kingdom. Should we prepare for war?
>>
>>236184
Yes
We must defend against Persian aggression.
>>
>>236230
Although the Persian army is superior, our tactics and surprise make quick work of the coast.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.