[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exam Day: Part 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

File: 25385564962_b0a0110d8b_h.jpg (630KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
25385564962_b0a0110d8b_h.jpg
630KB, 1600x1067px
You slowly slip out of the grip of sleep, onto the rather uncomfortable bed of wakefulness- slowly becoming aware to the unpleasant sensations associated with said awake-ness. Namely: a throat as dry as a desert, a headache that feels like it could break away from your head at any point and become an independent nation and a raw hard pressure placed against the right of your face.

You open your eyes.

You are on the floor of a bleak room of brick, concrete and dirt that seems to be stuck in a permanent state of grayscale.

You rise from the puddle of saliva that has since developed around your aching head and stare dim-witted at your surroundings. After a few seconds- much longer than you would like to admit- something clicks and you recognize this as a swimming pool- probably one belonging to a school judging by the layout of the room and the presence of a row of seats.

You cannot recall anything of the night prior, and although the salty taste in your mouth shows you are suffering from mild dehydration. you do not feel hungry.

A sudden wave of panic grabs at you upon the realization that you are very likely to have been taken from your home in the middle of the night. Following up on this sterling observation you move onto going through that almost spasmodic series of pats that everyone develops, taping your clothes around the pockets to see if you have your valuables still on your person. You note that you are not in your pyjamas, but instead, in your school uniform, which is- surprisingly- not at all dirty despite your filthy surroundings.

It occurs to you that you might be kidnapped. It also occurs to your that you might be under the influence of a drug- especially how it has taken you this long to note the fact you have awoken where you most certainly have not fallen to sleep and to conclude that this is a cause for concern.

You do not feel particularly dizzy or strange, (but you could have sworn you felt pretty dizzy- and almost lightheaded to the point of vacancy when you awoke here) so you might not have been drugged. This is good. Well. Actually; if it has taken you this long to panic about being potentially kidnapped or rapped without being drugged you may very well have brain damage. Congratulations.

You check yourself for any signs of trauma on your body. Mild bruising on the part of your body that had been against the floor. You conclude that you have probably slept here for the good part of the night.

You frown. If you had spent the night sleeping in this shithole, then why is your school uniform pristine- actually much neater than it is when you normally wear it.

Suddenly a voice booms out over a PA system:

"Would the candidate please rise and step into the centre of the room. The Test shall begin shortly"

What shall you do?
>>
rise and step into the centre of the room
>>
>>222332
>>222289
This seems like the obvious choice.
>>
>>222332
This
>>
> Part 2: "rise and step into the centre of the room"
Left rather barren of choice, you move from your spot upon the concrete upper step of the stair leading into the (mostly) empty pool. You continue to walk until you are standing at what you feel is the centre of the room, between two concrete “L” shapes wedged into the walls of the pool. You wonder whether this is some sort of construction component that has become exposed over time or if this was also present when the pool was in use. God, that is one health and safety flaw.
The voice calls out again: “Greetings candidate 239A-Epsilon-Ifrit. You have been chosen to partake in a formal examination to test whether or not you are fit to join an elite course to better your abilities so that you may serve society.” She pauses. “For Queen and Country”

“If you have no further questions, then please take your seat at your desk and prepare for the test”

“What desk?”

You swivel around to prove look for a desk and to your surprise, there is a desk stood up roughly where you woke up- it was those type of desks that are only used when taking an exam in school, ones that must conform to some form of government policy of possessing a considerable wobbliness factor.

You walk up to the desk. Upon it is a test paper in the form of a booklet and an hour glass.

What will you do?
>>
read the instructions/check if you need to write your name or anything/check if the answer sheet requires you to bubble things in—if so, make sure you have a 2B pencil ready
>>
>>222549
Wobble the desk a bit
>>
>>222560
Then take the test to the best of our ability.
Push the limits.
>>
>>222549
ask about bathroom breaks.
>>
File: don't draw a fish.jpg (60KB, 1200x801px)
don't draw a fish.jpg
60KB, 1200x801px
>>222549
Don't draw a fish don't draw a fish don't draw a fish
>>
File: Exam paper 1.png (654KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Exam paper 1.png
654KB, 2480x3508px
>Image: The front cover of the Exam paper
>Part 3: “Ask about bathroom breaks”
Upon the desk is, in the centre, your exam paper and around it is various implements. To the right there are 2 HB pencils and a single rubber, to the left is a long thin needle and above that is a single tissue. There is of course, in the top left hand corner of the desk a rather ornate and antique hourglass. Everything is laid out neatly- ready for you to do the test.
You take note of the duration of the exam.

“One hour? That’s a bit long for a test that I have had no time to prepare for. What about bathroom breaks?”
The voice returns in a sing-song paced monotone like she was rattling off a company motto: “Our medical professionals have ensured that you will have an empty bladder before the exam begins, and have ensure that you are in a state of physical displeasure- such as the mild discomfort caused by dehydration for example- that you can overcome- which is an important part of the exam mind you- but in a state that makes it completely beyond you to complete the test effectively. It is in the very nature of the test that you must have no preparation before the exam. If you have no further questions, please sit down so we can begin the test”
You, reluctantly, sit down at the desk.
>” Wobble the desk a bit”
You lay one hand on the table and it shivers like a snowball in an Earthquake. Yeah. Its borderline supernatural how these things are so sensitive to movement.
> “Don't draw a fish don't draw a fish don't draw a fish”
You are so going to doodle all over this paper. No one makes you do an exam you have had no chance to revise for and expect you to not doodle all over it. You are going to draw so many doodles…. But only on those free space blank pages that don’t get sent to the examiner. You aren’t going to risk your exam drawing silly stuff. But what silly stuff to draw? That is the question. You feel like drawing….a fish! Yeah! A fish! You are going to draw so many a fish the examiner are going to open the paper and just get face-slapped by an entire aquarium.
“Please follow the instruction on the front and fill out your details in the space provided and when you are ready we shall begin.”

What shall you write?
(What is the name/gender/blood type/signature of the Character?)
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
>>223363
Paul Speedwell
Male
A
>>
>>223363
>Perdix Peirce
Naming our protag after Daedalus' brilliant nephew and hoping for bonus test points
>Male
>-AB
>PP (kek all protagonists need a make-funnable quirk) in cursive
>>
>>223497
>>223363
>Not having blood type O
Still, second
>>
Tch, let's rock
>>
Uriel Farano

rip op
>>
>>222289
Come back OP, I like your writing :(
>>
File: elmomeme.jpg (87KB, 540x517px) Image search: [Google]
elmomeme.jpg
87KB, 540x517px
R.I.P OP - I have a feeling they has a dynamic IP so when they come back from sleeping or whatever we won't know if it's the OP or not... :'(
>>
>>223363
Ask about R.O.S.A.A.C
>>
> “Come back OP, I like your writing :(”
[Concerning everyone’s concerns: Yes, I am sorry- I had to go to sleep as I am only human and I require sleep to survive :( ‘Tis sad but true. Additionally, >>224822 you are correct in assuming that I have a dynamic IP and this is rather unfortunate as it means that my ID will change daily and as such I can no longer underline, use italics or bold (actually not sure if I could even underline to begin with but oh well we have crossed that bridge). This also means that people can easily impersonate me just by calling themselves “OP” and this is very likely to happen. From now on, to make it clearer, at the end of a day or otherwise when I have stopped updating I will end my last post of the day with “EOTL” (“End of the Line”) to show that the next time I will have been reincarnated into a new user ID and I will also finish each of my updates with a riddle which I shall reveal the answer to in the start of the next post. This by no means prevents people from impersonating me and trying to derail the story but I guess it means that for it to look convincing they will have to try really hard [although I feel that this obstacle may actually encourage people masquerading as me but oh well]. I think this might be an oversight on behalf of the people behind the website and board but I shall strive to work around it to continue my output of content to keep you all pleased. In advance, however, however tries to pretend to take over the story in an un-ironic, un-jokingly way you are a blaggard, a cunt and a tryhard and shame upon you and your family, may your wife die of dysentery and your goat pass painfully in the night whilst it empties its pus-filled bowls)

> “Perdix Peirce” & “Uriel Farano” & “Paul Speedwell Male A”
You quickly jot down your name, Perdix Farano in the name section and put a neat little “x” in the “Male” box. Giving the “Blood” section an odd look you skip to the “Signature” portion and write out your neat cursive signature.
“What am I meant to put in this section?” you ask the disembodied voice, gesturing towards the blood section.
“Please take the needle to your left and penetrate the epidermis you’re your left hand and spill some blood within the dot marked “left hand”. Repeat this step with the right hand and the dot below the one prior and use the tissue to help stop the blood flow to prevent any further bleeding upon the test. Only a few drops of blood are necessary.”
You, begrudgingly, draw blood by piercing each of your thumbs and after you wipe the growing scarlet globules against the paper the voice calls out again.
“Once you have finished, please place the needle and tissue in the tray upon the floor to your left and we shall begin the test in 10 seconds if you are ready to begin”
>>
File: Exam paper 2.png (439KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Exam paper 2.png
439KB, 2480x3508px
>Image: The first question of the exam.

> “Ask about R.O.S.A.A.C”
You comply with her demand. Giving the exam cover another look-over you tap your pencil against the emblem at the top of the page. “Who is this R.O.S.A.A.C?”
“R.O.S.A.A.C is the commissioner of this exam. It is they who have brought this exam into existence and it is they who will offer you… prizes, based on your performance here today”
Having no further questions, you state that you are ready to begin the test.

> “Tch, let's rock”
“Please prepare yourself- The test will begin in ten seconds.”
The woman on the PA begins a countdown.

You tighten your grip on your pencil, you grasp the corner of the paper ready to turn over the page a begin the challenge like a greyhound before a race. You well and truly have “put your game face on” and are ready to take on this exam.
“Begin.”
There is a thud, roughly where you last saw the hourglass and the next time you see it it’s turned the other way up with sand patiently pouring its way into the lower chamber of the timepiece.
You, however, do not question how the lady on the PA managed to turn over the hourglass without physically being present nor did you notice the hourglass being turned over: you merely started to hear the sound of the sand shifting as it pours downwards.
You turn over the page and are greeted with a strange arrangement of lines, shapes symbol and angles.
You blink in surprise- expecting some form of question in a language you recognise and you are even more surprised when parts of this strange mural gain a faint glow and the whole thing starts to shift.
In the space of seconds, you are starting an exam question.

How will you answer this question?
>>
>>225223
Uh...whats the question?
>>
>>225229
I mean other than that, answer it seriously
>>
>>225229
Refer to volcanoes somewhere in your answer, and make it sexual ;)
>>
>>225223
Write it out replacing each word with it's opposite (if possible, otherwise just use a different word)

The large monstrous arachnid slid down the gutter system
Etc.
>>
>>225663
So its pic-related? Okay, every word backwards (e.g. The = Eht). Then add an "a" after the first letter of every word (e.g. The = Eaht).
>>
>>225663
you need to make a new language so it can't be english like your example
>>
>>225663
>>225698
This is still using a pre-established language system though right?
>>
>>225724
Technically it isnt. Its incomparale enough not to be.
>>
>>225223
A pequena araña subiu a tromba de auga.
Veu abaixo a choiva
e lavou-se a araña para fóra.
Veu para fóra o sol
e secou-se toda a choiva
ea araña Bitsy Itsy subiu o pico de novo.
>>
File: 1465142661588.png (488KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1465142661588.png
488KB, 2480x3508px
>>
>>225767
Limit on characters you can use
>>
>>225770
And pre-established
>>
Just to clarify. The OP said not to use pre-established language system. You can swamp letters and itll no longer be pre-established. Your language can be BASED on an existing language, its almost inevitable considering we're limited to the Latin alphabet.
>>
>>225773
Ok try this:
A pequena arania subiu a tromba de auga.
Veu abaixo a choiva
e lavou-se a arania para fora.
Veu para fora o sol
e secou-se toda a choiva
ea arania Bitsy Itsy subiu o pico de novo.
>>
>>225800
I see some Spanish words.
>>
>>225782
>>225767
Replied to wrong person
>>
EOTL
>>
>>226092
Bruh
>>
File: filthmeme.jpg (9KB, 153x221px) Image search: [Google]
filthmeme.jpg
9KB, 153x221px
>>226101
The OP does need to go and sleep y'know
>>
>>226139
Unfortunate :(
>>
aha aha aha ahhaaaaaa blilililililili ah ah aaaaa
fuck
shit
cunts
>>
>>225223
Nizocanol ysvio enyaenya feria
Ysvaba vash
Um feria liarat
Yspera una
Um vash copoco una
Un canol ysuviu enyaenya feria
>>
File: three.png (2MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
three.png
2MB, 2480x3508px
You feel like you spent a bit too long thinking about this question, but you are pretty sure you have cracked it: by using your knowledge of your second language (Spanish) and by swapping letters you have invented a form of pseudo-Spanish and you simply wrote the nursery rhyme into this pseudo-language.
You quickly turn over the page, feeling the familiar grip of emotion as the blend of emotion- mainly panic, regret and a sort of masochistic excitement- that hits students in an exam when they have spent too much time on one question and fear that their chances of succeeding in the test has been greatly compromised with this myopic act of indulgence.
Again, another page full of gobbledegook and strange symbols. Again, it starts to writhe, and again you are suddenly face with a strange whimsical question that would give conventional exam board officials nightmares.
What will you do?
>>
>>230340
Three of those are paintings and not photographs, so we can rule them out as trick answers.
>>
>>230340
Hitler, Einstein, Gandhi, Lenin, Stalin, and Che.

Everyone knows wizards must have facial hair.
>>
>>230408
Seconded, but without the ones that are paintings
>>230390
>>
File: Four.png (1MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Four.png
1MB, 2480x3508px
After staring at these famous faces you suddenly become aware to one important detail. It happened when you were gazing into Stalin’s illustrious moustache, wondering if all of the men with facial hair were wizards (you are pretty sure you read on the internet somewhere that beards are the source of a wizards power) when you noticed a strange detail about his face: the shading on his cheek. You notice this to be not a photograph but instead a rather well-done painting…
…hold on a second! This question implied cadetigrams were photographs that captured chakra…but upon closer inspection the pictures of Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong and Lenin are all paintings leaving Einstein, Che, Ghandi and Bill Gates as the only actual photographs.
You reason this is better than nothing and put small little “x”’s next to their names.
You turn the page, heart beat increasing like a drummers cry before a battle, realising that your wit alone might allow you to pass this test unscathed.
>>
What do you do next?
>>
>>230615
My money's on first row, furthest left for the glamour, but that's just a guess.

Spell would clearly be thermogenesis (making heat) if it's only 4 degrees out.
>>
>>230619
you can tell that the glamoured student is the one on the far right because his hands are together unlike every other pupil, maybe he's hiding a magical gem or something o_O
>>
>>230620
Glamour could also be 2nd row from top, 2nd or third one in from the right in the light-coloured coat. Only one looking away from the camera.
>>
>>230621
>>230623
Probably one of them, I'm going to guess the one on far right
>>
>>230633
Also I think it would probably be B , based on temp
>>
File: roastmeme2.jpg (49KB, 500x375px)
roastmeme2.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
>>230615
for the second part of the question I'd say she's casting the Kukai's Advanced Paper Manipulation because her dress is probably made of paper and she's trying to make it look like a real dress by manipulating it!
>>
I liek willys xDDDDDDDD
>>
>>230633
Actually, I doubt the glamour would be so noticeable, so probably the ones not looking at camera
>>
Spelling error in last upd8:
*parisian
>>
File: Fith.png (354KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Fith.png
354KB, 2480x3508px
You notice some suspicious customers in this crowd but you eventually decide on the boy holding clasped hands who isn’t looking at the camera. You think he might also be wearing boots different to the ones everyone else present are wearing. That’s pretty suspicious in your book.
You are pretty sure that the spell the girl is casting is “B” due to it being so cold. You note that these children are from Belfast which- to your knowledge- is quite cold so maybe they wouldn’t need a heat spell. You play with the idea of the girl having a dress made out of paper (a logical explanation for why her dress is so white) but eventually go for the spell made by “Dunayevsky”.
You turn the page an are greeted by glyphs from a long-dead language. Just when you thought the test was getting easier. What shall you do?
>>
>>230683
well in my opinion, the antonym of a word seems to be really crazy one so I'd guess C because it's not really crazy like D or too mundane like B, C is a nice kinda cray-cray word for fire
>>
>>230683
You're retarded, belfast is a temperate city where 4°F is a big fucking deal, especially that early in the winter. Pretty much every school closed down when it hit 0°F a few years back.
In any event, I think it's b. Water is simple, two straight lines, makes sense fire would also be very simple and have few straight lines. Also looks somewhat symbolic of actual fire in its shape.
>>230696
You're also retarded, but worse.
>>
>>230683
I think A, fire is a short word, and there haven't been any with just triangles so far, it's mostly lines
>>
>>230683
It isn't A or B. Fire isn't a monosyllabic word in Sumerian. It's either C or D
>>
File: ggmeme.png (329KB, 496x450px) Image search: [Google]
ggmeme.png
329KB, 496x450px
>>230711
umm do you like even realise this is some magical world, how do you even know that this is the same Belfast in real life? how do you know the temperature measurements are the same for real life too in this world? hmmmm? and why am I a retard?
>>
>>230683
Betting on C. Its complex but not too complex and looks like fire, so I'd say its a good bet.
>>
>>230812
Actually changing it to A. Since all Sumerian letters were turned 90 degrees from the original character, I'd say A looks the most like fire.
>>
EOTL
>>
>>230683
Google said its C
>>
>>230683
It's C, Izi Peasy
>>
>>231041
>That pun
>>
>>230981
That's cheating. We're on a exam.
>>
File: 1464844102578.jpg (146KB, 575x435px) Image search: [Google]
1464844102578.jpg
146KB, 575x435px
>>231043
I'm sorry
>>
>>231048
Im not cheating. Im using my supplied reference material.
>>231054
You're welcome.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.