[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roman Demigod Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 2

File: RomeOurHome.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RomeOurHome.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
The sun shines upon the market square making you run your hand over your brow. Taking a sip from the water skin you continue to haggle with the merchant over your goods.

"No I told you, fifteen silver for three of these jars, no less."

>"And I told you that those things look like they were made from a potter with a crippled hand, look at them!"

"Those were made in Rome by the greatest craftsmen in the world!"

>"Bah, as if Rome means anything no a days."

Before you are able to argue more with the swindling son of a swine there is a scream in the market! Crowds of people soon are fleeing from the commotion leaving behind their goods and possessions. You watch as your buyer takes off with the rest of the crowd and you keep a hand close to your sword. Mother would kill you if you were to loose the goods.

>"Push it back quickly!"
>"Hold it there!"
>"Watch out!"

A form flies through the air and crashes through the stall. You peek over to look at the body thrown into the stall before reeling back with distaste. Poor man had been bodily thrown and a plank has speared his chest. You hear the guard shout for you to run as your turn to face...

>A Harpy, Fast and Agile with wings that look to be clipped, yet her talons are sharp.
>A Minotaur, Strong and Enduring with bulging muscles and missing a horn from it's head.
>A Sphinx, Cunning and Wise as it's human face spews forth torrents of sand from it's maw!

As a heads up this is my first quest, so any feedback is appreciated.
>>
>>211553
>>A Minotaur, Strong and Enduring with bulging muscles and missing a horn from it's head.
Bullman rampaging in a market sounds like fun.
>>
But it's not us rampaging, so... not good for our pottery.
>>
>>211553
>>A Minotaur, Strong and Enduring with bulging muscles and missing a horn from it's head.
>>

A missing horn sounds neat. Who is this minotaur man and how did he lose his horn? Or her horn. I don't discriminate.
>>
>>211553
>A Minotaur, Strong and Enduring with bulging muscles and missing a horn from it's head.
Sup RDQ
>>
>>211553
>A Sphinx, Cunning and Wise as it's human face spews forth torrents of sand from it's maw!
>>
>>211553
>A Harpy, Fast and Agile with wings that look to be clipped, yet her talons are sharp.
>>
>>211570
The Minotaur roars out in fury sending a stall flying as it charges towards you! Cursing you duck aside as it continues it's charge smashing into the wall of a building, cracks form around the indention he's made.

>"Citizen flee quickly! We must contain the beast!"

One of the local guardsmen shout as a trio of the soldiers carefully walk forward towards the hole. Dust and debris still litter the area making it hard to spot the creature. One of the spear men carefully walks closer towards the dust and your hand tightens on your sword as you watch. There is a brief movement within the cloud...

"Look out!"

Before your warning can take affect the spear is grabbed and the man is yanked inside where screams are soon heard.

>"For Rome!"
>"Ave Victoria!"

The other two guards quickly dive into the smoke after their friend! More crushing blows and screeching metal is heard from within the smoke before it slowly dies down. Stepping out from the hole emerges the Minotaur blood dripping off its' knuckles and you can see a sword sticking to it's one horn.

Gulping you...

>Stay, you have to defend the stall, most of your families livelihood is here!
>Flee, to Neptune with this your life is worth more than a few pots.
>Attack, You need to get rid of the Minotaur else more people will die!
>>
>>211620
>Attack, You need to get rid of the Minotaur else more people will die!
>>
>>211620
>>Tell it to run before others come! If it listens, it could see you as an ally and remember you someday!
I hope Minotaurs are intelligent.
>>
>>211620
>>Attack, You need to get rid of the Minotaur else you'll never become the Hero and continue to live a miserable life selling pottery.
>>
>>211620
>Stay, you have to defend the stall, most of your families livelihood is here!
>>
>>211620
Attack! Our legend begins today!
>>
>>211630
But but, you might meet it again only years later... better reap the glory now and smash it to bits!

>>211634
Stay and quickly pack up your stall? It's probably a mobile one, right?
>>
>>211640
I just hope we're not some scrawny kid with a knife as "sword"...
>>
>>211641
It's doable, but you have pots laying around on the outside as part of the display, it would take time to pack up and that is not what you have with the bull man.
>>
>>211620
>Stay
MY CABBAGES!
>>
>>211623
>>211631
>>211640
Drawing your sword you charge forth to meet the Minotaur head on! The bull man seeing a challenger lowers his head and starts his own charge. Heart beating with terror and adrenaline you soon duck to the side after lashing out with your sword!

A jerk in your hands as you pass.

Then a bleat of pain from the Minotaur as it comes around hooves skidding in the dusty market ground sending dust up to cloud the air. Panting you rub your shoulder, felt like you nearly popped it out with that attack!

For now you and the Minotaur slowly circle one another waiting for the chance to strike.

You should...

>Charge him head on again! Take life by the horn and drive your blade into his mouth!
>Tire him out, feint and misdirect so he is easy prey.
>Trick him into hurting himself by charging into buildings, taunts and ridicule.

Whatever your choice, gimme a d20 roll, best of three!
>>
>>211663
>>Tire him out, feint and misdirect so he is easy prey.
Be nimble Jack!
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>211663
>>Trick him into hurting himself by charging into buildings, taunts and ridicule.
We can later tell the town's people that we killed it in a fair duel - man vs beast.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>211663
>Charge him head on again! Take life by the horn and drive your blade into his mouth!

Where's a spear when we need one?
>>
>>211670
The legend is born! Potter the Bullslayer!
>>211674
>spear
Would be nice, true. Though having a sword while selling pottery is a bonus :).
>>
>>211663
>taunts and ridicule.
So, best bully alive? Having all other children under his thumb?
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>211663
>Trick him into hurting himself by charging into buildings, taunts and ridicule.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>211667
forgot my roll
>>
>>211670
Damn, very nice

"You're mother was a diary cow and was studded by a horse!"

That got it's attention as the Minotaur roars out in fury, eyes blood shot red and his hands out wide to catch you!

You wait feeling the earth rumble with it's steps.

You can start to pick out it's muscles sharply defined and huge.

Soon the fur of it's hide is in plain detail as it closes in on you.

And yet you still wait.

When the beast tries to sweep you into its arms do you dive forward between it's legs coming out in a kneel.

There is a heavy crash then moos of pain as you look back wondering what in Jupiter's name the thing had run into.

Looking up you hold back a snicker as the shops name spells, 'Apothecary and Arms'. Looking inside you soon see your quarry is rubbing fitfully at his eyes and bits of his fur is scorched off from the forge. Nearby are a few weapons that lay ready for use!

You could use them to slay the beast, or charge him down now to kill it.

>A trident, unconventional but it has reach and three points instead of a spears one.
>An ax, crude but good for hacking.
>A bow and arrow, in case it gets free you can always ruin it's day with pointy bits.
>A poleaxe, cumbersome and heavy but devastating to hit.
>Scree it, just charge the beast and kill it already! roll d20
>>
>>211722
>A trident, unconventional but it has reach and three points instead of a spears one.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>211722
POSEIDON GUIDE US!
>>
>>211739
Forgot roll
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>211722
>>Scree it, just charge the beast and kill it already! roll d20
Weapon choices are nice but a Sword is the manliest of them all.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>211746
>>211739
>>
>>211754
best of three, right? so... 8? Dismiss the 1...
>>
>>211722
That trident will do just fine.
>>
>>211739
>>211741
Sheathing your sword you quickly scoop up the trident and hold it steady trying to get used to the weight. No wonder most use this for fishing, the thing has all it's weight on the end!

It'll make a great way to pierce the beast's hide. As you charge for to deliver a death blow however the beast's ears twitch and that is all the hint you have before it's giant hand comes in a backhand that sends you reeling into the ground!

Winded you quickly regain your feet only to see the Minotaur squints through his reddened eyes to find you! Bellowing out a charge the beast rushes at you once more fists raised to pummel you into the ground!

You...
Roll d20
>Hold steady and Brace!
>Charge him yourself!
>Dodge
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>211777
Brace for impact, stick the base against a wall or something if we have time
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>211777
>Hold steady and Brace!
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>211777
>Hold steady and Brace!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>211777
>>Charge him yourself!
Just smash that walking cow and be the Hero!
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>211777
Dodge it and run up his arm, anime style. Then slice at his neck with your sword.
>>
>>211787
>>211798
>>211801
Slipping the end of the shaft down into the ground you hold yourself steady even as the bullman runs pelmet towards you. For a moment you have a brief flash of running for your life...

No!

You won't run!

Determined you hold your trident steady and just in time as the bullman takes the tip of the trident to the chest, the blades sinking deep into his flesh as his arms rain blows down upon you.

Or he attempts to at least, with him impaled on your weapon the blows the do connect are more like slugged fists from a drunk, stinging, but not bone shattering as before.

You press on and shove the heavy body of the minotaur away! You follow after your trident holding on tight as the weight brings you upwards atop of the body. With a heavy grunt you free your trident with a sickening slurp and hold your breath...

>roll to not loose your lunch, this is your first time killing something after all...
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>211847
A manly man dances his victory dance, not throw up. Cut off its head and show the town, that we are the Hero now!
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>211847
OUR COURAGE WILL NOT FALTER! NOR WILL OUT STOMACH!
>>
>>211856
No more pottery sales anymore! Maybe only if it's our likeness.
Gold and women await us!
>>211858
Onwards!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>211847
>>
>>211847
This guy >>211856 has the right idea.

>Ave Victoria
>Did anyone else Caesar that?
>>
>>211863
>No more pottery sales anymore!
are you 5 real? we could sell 10x as many potteries now!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>211876
Forgot roll
>>
>>211879
Hero Pottery franchise? With us just appearing for a handshake event for new pottery buyers? Merchant Quest?.... Action Quest!
>>
>>211888
Reccetear get!
>>
>>211856
>>211858
>>211872
Keeping your lunch down you take a deep breath and would have started to climb down if not for,

>"By the Gods! Lad are you alright?"

Looking up from your feet you soon see a crowd of onlookers had appeared while you dealt with the beast. Soon soldiers from the legion appear and hold people back as they come help you down from your kill.

>"Hail Hero, you have our thanks."

A soldier says, a Sargent by the looks of his helmet, wait...

"I'm not a Hero, I'm just a Potter's boy from th-"

>"Never the less, you managed to slay the beast, it is strange that the creature would wander so far into the village. None the less, people hail your hero!"

The crowd outside cheers aloud for you and your kill against the minotaur...

You feel...
>Pleased, as is your won't after all that hard work!
>Emberassed, you just wanted to keep your stuff safe is all.
>Humble, Anyone could have done it, you were just the unlucky one.

Not long after the Sargent has one of his men lope off the other horn.
>"By right of conquest, this horn is your Hero, use it wisely."

>Acquired "Horn of the Minotaur" Useful as a crafting material, trading a favor for divine work, or a useful drinking horn that revitalizes you when liquid is placed inside!
>>
>>211896
>>Pleased, as is your won't after all that hard work!
We're the Hero! Free beer! Women! Gold!
>drinking horn that revitalizes
So, no more sleep necessary?
>>
>>211896
>Empowered - If we could slay this beast now, what could we do with training and equipment?

Assuming you allow write-ins
>>
>>211906
More like its a unique item allows for liquids to restore you health.
>>
>>211906
>>drinking horn that revitalizes
Fight of attrition is won by default? Gulp, ready to go again!
>>
>>211906
I think it might also work as a minor heal but I could be miss interpreting it. However that is a nice starter item.
>>
>>211909
So true! Pottery boy's potential is massive.
>>211914
And a nice prop for telling the Tale of the Brave Bullman Killer in all the taverns in the land!
>>
>>211896
>Pleased, as is your won't after all that hard work!
and >Embarassed, you just wanted to keep your stuff safe is all.
>>
>>211925
>Embarassed
"Wasn't that big of a deal. Tehe." Kind of a dick move after smashing some super-strong minotaur.
>>
>>211906
>>211909
>>211913
>>211914
>>211921
>>211925
You wave back to the crowd and hold the horn high, "Ave Victoria! For Rome!" You shout to the crowd as cries of Victoria and Rome line the crowd below, however you notice something odd, near the front of the crowd you noticed your mother before she flees from the crowd with a worried look on her face.

Why would she be worried in the first place? You, you the lowly potter's son with no father had managed to slay a Minotaur! Who else could boast such a feat! Well aside form actual Heros, but that's neither here nor there.

For now though you should...

>Head Home, find out why Mother was so worried.
>Head back to the stall and finish the day.
>Lock up and take a break, you just killed a monster and the Tavern is sure to give free drinks for a monster slayer!
>>
>>211950
>Head Home, find out why Mother was so worried.
>>
>>211950
>>Head back to the stall and finish the day.
(merchant quest) Sell all your wares while re-re-retelling the Fight story about how you wrestled a minotaur to the ground, split his head in two with one strike etc. Give mom a big money bag and ask her why she's worried.
>>
>>211975
supporting
>>
>>211975
Flirt with some women too! Heroically!
>>
>>211975
Okay
>>
>>211950
See >>211975
>>
>>211975
>>211981
>>211988
If it were important Mother would have told you right away, so you head back towards the stall and begin to sell your wares once more. Using the story of you fighting the Minotaur you sell more pots than you've ever remembered before! You've even drawn a small crowd of admirers as you continue to sell you even make a few flirty attempts with some of the local women that makes them giggle and sigh in your direction. Yes, you are in fact on top of the world right about now nothing could go wrong!

Enjoying the attention you dial back on the story as it appears with each retelling the local customers seem less enamored with the tale. You might just need a story teller to add some flair to the tale to bring back the crowds, none the less you sold near every pot you had in stock!

Purse strings drawn tight and your strong box locked down tight you begin your trek back towards the simple hole in the wall apartment you live in with your mother. Along the way you frown as you see the lights are still out, it's nearing nightfall the lanterns should be lit by now...

Coming to a stop outside the house you park the cart and slowly approach the door...

Do you...
>Burst inside looking for any trouble.
>Open the door slowly to see what is wrong.
>Call out for Mother, is she even inside?
>>
>>212027
>Burst inside looking for any trouble.
>>
>>212027
>>Open the door slowly to see what is wrong.
we're heroic but not stoopid
>>
>>212038
>implying a monster inside the house won't see you opening the door slowly and react
>implying it wouldn't be better to surprise it by bursting in quickly
>>
>>212035
>>212038
Need a tie breaker here guys
>>
>>212057
fine peek in a window then
>>
>>212076
I'll throw in with bursting in to keep us moving
>>
>>212078
I can support peeking through a window; it was one of my first considerations.
>>
>>212038
>>212035
>>212087
>>212090
Walking towards one of the few windows of the apartment you peek inside to look around. Much to your dismay there is nothing in there, no Mother, no crazy theives trying to take down a minotaur slayer that's for sure!

Though there is some parchment left on the coffee table...

Going inside the house, you quickly store the coins you had managed to secure in the safe your family has. Then approach the table, looking through the house reveals everything as it is, but Mother should have been home by now...

>Read the letter first then search for Mother
>Search for Mother then read the letter later
>>
>>212105
>Read the letter first then search for Mother
>>
>>212027
Just go inside. She forgot, not a big deal.
>>
>>212105
>>Read the letter first then search for Mother
>>
Read the letter. Regret not following her. Probably in that order.
>>
>>212114

Scooping up the letter you unfold and quickly scan it.

"Son, I am afraid I must flee the city. Before you go off on a crusade to find me, you MUST listen, I was not truthful about your father, he has always watched over us. Why do you think I have always strayed our business near the sea instead of heading inland in the empire? I digress, Son you must leave the city and head to the settlement of Jupiter, it will protect you. I would lead you there, but only those with the Blood of Gods may reach it. I am sorry my son I had wished to protect you from those who would use you, but it is a fear I must face.

Now I must lead away those who would use you for your own ends, do not worry for me, I shall be fine, but you MUST go to village, you will be safe there."

Setting the letter down you...

>Heed your Mothers wishes and find this village of Jupiter
>It sounds as if Mother is in trouble, she might need your help!

Also going to call it a night for now, how is it so far? Any way I can improve upon?
>>
>>212153
I am finding enjoyment in your posts. they aren't overly wordy and get the point across. Also the best of 3 system is a tried and true method.
>>
>>212153
It goes pretty well, thanks for the story.

>For Rome!
>>
>>212153
Doing great! Love the story, has a lot of premise. When's the next thread? Have a twitter set up?
>>
File: tegaki.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>212153
>It sounds as if Mother is in trouble, she might need your help!

[You've run an alright quest, OP and I don't have any significant flaws to bring up. I think you should make it clear whether or not you're accepting write-in suggestions.]
>>
>>212174
>>212179
>>212190
Awesome, hopefully this doesn't crash and burn like some of my other projects have. For an introductory sequnce was it alright?

>>212209
Yeah I accept write in's though only if they get alot of votes for it.

https://twitter.com/LaresOfRome
>>
>>212174
>Also the best of 3 system is a tried and true method.
Majority vote is better though.

>>212153
>>Heed your Mothers wishes and find this village of Jupiter
I came in late, but I like it.
>>
>>212153
>> Heed your Mothers wishes and find this village of Jupiter

As much as we should go looking for her, it's probably for the best. We don't know what's going to be chasing after us, and besides. She seems to know what's going on, and has planned ahead for it.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.