[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CIV game v2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 3

File: CIVGAME.jpg (4MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
CIVGAME.jpg
4MB, 2700x6000px
Let's try another civ game, /qst/. You know the drill first to 3 determines the race, first to 3 the place.
>Please stick to the sheet this time, there were problems with the last one.
>>
>>211416
>Demons
Maybe today will be the day I see them get picked
>>
Minotaur
>>
>>211416
Gnomes
>>
>>211428
>>211448
>>211462
Still tied at 1 each. Don't forget, you can also vote for location
>>
>>211509
Going to change my vote to the Demons, and vote for subterranean location.
>>
File: Demonic-Tutor-by-Daarken-23.jpg (95KB, 738x545px) Image search: [Google]
Demonic-Tutor-by-Daarken-23.jpg
95KB, 738x545px
>>211428
+1

In a already established city of another race.
Maybe a political party bent on seizing power no matter the cost.
>>
>>211416
Demons it is! Location is still up for grabs.
>>
>>211525
>other
The catacombs deep under a populated city
>>
>>211525
>ruins
>>
>>211521
>>211572
That's two for undercity, and >>211517
>>211593 one each for subterranean and ruins.
>>
Starting location: Dungeon underneath a church
>>
>>211521
>>211572
>>211604
Undercity wins. I'll write up a starting post and the game can begin.
>>
>>211613
Demon Stats
----------------
Breeding: Abysmal
Melee: Exceptional
Ranged: Average
Magic: Exceptional
Technology: Struggle
Diplomacy: Average

Cult Stats
-----------------
Pop: 10 human cultists
Food:10 (-1/turn)
Structures: Makeshift Shrine
Special Persons: Demon Lord Cothaon [Summon Demon]
Military: 1 armed cultist
Tech: N/A
Bonuses: [Godlike] [Mythical Leader]
Flaws: [Infertile] [Soul Dependency]

Whiteridge: A peaceful and quiet city in the middle of the forest, with next to no crime! Until recently, with the dissapearances of at least ten people. Tbose poor souls have been abducted by a cult, and taken deep under the sewers of the city. Chanting voices echo off the vaulted ceilings as the cultists gather around a makeshift altar, which soon begins to glow; the chanting reaches a crescendo, and a demon lord steps through a tear in the fabric of the world. The cult is poised to take over the sleepy city of Whiteridge, and the rest of the world, lead by the Demon Lord Cathaon.
>What will the cult's first actions be? Choose 4
>>
>>211672
>construct additional pylons
Summon some more demons

>what's that smell??
send teams out to examine the sewers tunnels see if there are any interesting things such as resources or fortification points, preferably in areas where the sewage doesn't flow.
>>
What sort of abilities does this Cathaon possess besides the ability to summon more demons?
>>
>>211712
Basic fire magic (I'll add it to the sheet).
As far as demon lords go, he's pretty low ranking. But your cult is also small, and will take what they can get.
>>
>>211672
We have like 10 souls right now right?
If so summon a demon warrior(or similar)
>>
>>211672
I.) Start work on a religious text meant to prey on the weak-willed by offering absolution for their sins, and promises of making them a better and more fulfilled person; to get past the initial steps, one has to complete a secretive induction ceremony (as in one of our cultists lures them to our hideout so that we can take their souls.)

II.) In the meantime just have some of our cultists (perhaps 5) try to continue kidnapping people that no-one will miss like beggars.

Do our cultists know what sort of central authority the town has, what its law enforcement is, or what religious figures there are?
>>
>>211724
does the ranking increase if worship increases? also what do our cultists know of the other side of the the theological equation? Who's the bgoc? [big god on continent]
>>
>>211672
How big is Whitebridge?
And is anyone aware of the demonic cult and their action?
>>
>>211738
>I.) Start work on a religious text meant to prey on the weak-willed by offering absolution for their sins, and promises of making them a better and more fulfilled person; to get past the initial steps, one has to complete a secretive induction ceremony (as in one of our cultists lures them to our hideout so that we can take their souls.)

I like this a lot!

>II.) In the meantime just have some of our cultists (perhaps 5) try to continue kidnapping people that no-one will miss like beggars

I don't like this. Draws attention to us too quickly. 10 people already "disappeared" if more go missing then someone with authority might get rankled and start making inquires.
>>
>>211737
Yes, 10 souls
>>211744
Yes, demonic hierarchy is one big FUBAR mess. BGOC is yet to be named.
>>211748
Pretty sizeable for a medieval city. No, they just know people have recently gone missing.
>>
>>211756
Yeah, I don't mind if we don't kidnap anyone else since we still have souls right now. I was under the impression we used up the ten we had summoning Cothaon.
>>
>>211767
Will wait 10-15 minutes more for more discussion.
>>
>>211711
>>211738
>>211781

Consilidated for group approval:

I.) Start work on a religious text meant to prey on the weak-willed by offering absolution for their sins, and promises of making them a better and more fulfilled person; to get past the initial steps, one has to complete a secretive induction ceremony (as in one of our cultists lures them to our hideout so that we can take their souls.)

>construct additional pylons
Summon some more demons

>what's that smell??
send teams out to examine the sewers tunnels see if there are any interesting things such as resources or fortification points, preferably in areas where the sewage doesn't flow.

I folded >>211781 into the pamphlet distribution action

my suggestion for final action:

>home sweet home
With a bit of spit and polish [and a lot of sawdust] this place could be pretty nice!
have the former townsfolk discretely recover their goods from their former lives and bring them down to the main "base" then clean the place up and make it more livable.
>>
>>211808
Sounds good to me, although I'd like to know what the cost is for summoning demons, as well as the upkeep for staying in the mortal plane.
>>
>>211828
Both cost souls. Souls to summon, and souls to eat per turn.
>>
I. Have the abducted cultists resume their daily lives above ground since their souls are now ours anyway. That solves our missing people problem. They can report on the situation above ground for us too.

II. Start work on the religious text

III. Scout the sewers, look for resources and areas more easily fortified

IV. More demons, preferably ones that don't suck
>>
>>211832
How many though? Is it like one soul for one demon, or are we going to treat it sort of abstractly?
>>
>>211835
They aren't cultists, they're demon food.
>>
>>211767
Last quiestion (for now). what is the sytem of government ruling Whitebridge?
>>211808
I suggest we try to summon a demon who can blend in with human society.
>>
>>211843
Depends on the demon. Cothaon and other more powerful demons will eat one. Lesser demons (ie imps) can survive on less.
>>
>>211845
Monarchy.
>>
>>211850
>Lesser demons (ie imps) can survive on less.
this is perfect! we can pair some imps with our cultists for recon and protection!
>>
>>211854
writan
>>
Ok, in that case most of my other suggestions line up with >>211808

For demons, try to get a shapeshifting demon or one that can masquerade as a human for operations above ground. Hold off on others for now.
>>
>>211867
Demon Stats
----------------

Cult Stats
-----------------
Food (Souls):9 (-1/turn)
Special Persons: Demon Lord Cothaon [Summon Demon]

>Religious Text
The cult's beliefs are quickly written down; luckily there are a few of the literate nobility among the cultists. The cult starts distributing the pamphlets- the trap is set. [TECH: 'Recruitment' I (+1 food/turn)]
> Scouting
The scouting goes well too. A nice chokepoint is discovered further down the sewer.
>Summoning
The braziers are lit, and the chanting begins once again, a slave bound in the middle of the pentagram. Once again, the chanting reaches a crescendo, and a tear in the world forms; two small demons leap out, devouring the offered soul. They look around, immediately falling to Cothaon's feet and grovelling when they spot him. [Pop: 2 Imp Peons] [-1 food, -1 food/turn]
>>
>>211911
Forgot last action
>Cleanup
Cleanup doesn't go as well. It's a bit too messy for the cultists to deal with.
>>
>>211911
>>211917
Neat! So 4 actions again?

>Magic Ajax
Have one of the imps help the cultists clean with MAGIC. Can't have the place being smelly.

>magical warning
have the other imp start placing magic alarms near entrances to the base that are not as often monitored

>a little soul searching
start researching the infernal arts. Animals have souls right? Maybe we can find a way to use those.
>>
>>211911
I. It would come in handy to have some material wealth, so have a few of our cultists get some sort of production going. Preferably something cheap and simple, like woodcrafts (considering the nearby forest) or pottery, but if any of them have any preexisting skills go with that instead.

III. Get the imps to continue surveying the sewers, looking especially for entrances to the surface and ways to get into houses.

III. Finally, have some cultists scout the city to see what the local law enforcement is like and what sort of religious leaders there already are.
>>
>>212007
Yessir, 4 per turn. Will wait 20 or so minutes
>>
>>211911
I think we should create a small fake church as a cover for our cult.
Have the number of followers, what the public and authority see of it, never get too high, as to not attract to much attention.

What can the imps do?
>>
>>212019
They're magic-less demons. But there's a metric fuckton of them.
>>
>>212023
>What can the imps do?
>They're magic-less demons. But there's a metric fuckton of them

Aww that ruins my magic ajax and alarmbell plans.

I'll support >>212010

with the addition of researching infernal arts.

>>212019
I like this idea, we should recon the city first to see how the existing churches will react to the new kid on the block first.
>>
>>212007
>Magic Ajax
I'm all for this. Since the imps don't have magic, just have them work away at it until the place is clean.

>>212019
I like the idea of having a church, but I think we should try to find out how the existing powers would react to a new faith before establishing ourselves on the surface.
>>
>>212010
>>212034
+1 on both
>>
Looks like we've reached a consensus then. Writan.
>>
>>212060
>Coin
Luckily the cultists have a woodworker's son among them, and he's managed to pick up the basics of his father's craft. Soon the cult is selling his crude wooden trinkets in the streets. They don't fetch much, but cost nothing for the cult to make. [CURRENCY: 2 (+1/turn)]
>Exploration
the exploration is a massive success! The imps are able to map out most of the sewer system, as well as many of the entrances to the sewer.
>Recon
The cultists go out and survey the city, coming back to their lord and master Cathaon with nothing but good news. Because it's so isolated, the law enforcement just consists of a volunteer brigade. Security is trumped up because of the recent string of dissapearances, but still, no professionals.
>Cover
The church cover works. Barely. Some other religious leaders try to get the governor to boot you out of the city, but he refuses.
>>
>>212151
I think we might be waiting for you to post the stats summary? anyway onwards!

>we're a religion, honest!
Have some of our members increase our legitimacy by doing charitable works within the town

>Project Magic Ajax 2 - pushbroom boogaloo
use some of our newly acquired currency to get cleaning supplies and spruce up the place. seriously it still smells.
>>
>>212151
Oops. My fault! Gave Cothaon Fire magic II as befitting a demon lord.

Demon Stats
----------------

Cult Stats
-----------------
Currency: 2 (+1/turn)
Food (Souls):8 (-1/turn)
Special Persons: Demon Lord Cothaon [Summon Demon] [Fire Magic II]
2 Imp Peons
I. With the church established, start grooming the most charismatic cultist to be the head practitioner and face of our faith. Make sure he is well versed in our salvation rhetoric and capable of making people feel guilt for their moral failings.

II. Instead of directing the faithful into our lair for the time being, just induct them normally in the church (while still keeping the ceremony as secretive as possible) and work on reaffirming their beliefs and making them more dependent upon the cult.

This is just an idea, but I suggest that one of our aims in the future should be to create a professional policing force to act as a replacement for the volunteer brigade. Perhaps beginning as a sort of for-hire protection service

>>212210
I support doing these things as well, especially cleaning up our shrine.
>>
>>212229
Will wait a bit more for others to post.
>>
>>212210
>>212229
+1
>>
>>212249
Demon Stats
----------------

Cult Stats
-----------------
Currency: 3 (+1/turn)
Food (Souls):7 (-1/turn)
2 Imp Peons
With the imp's help, the cultists manage to get their 'headquarters' cleaned up a bit!
>Church Front
The plan is a massive success! The man the cultists elect is extremely charismatic, and soon people are streaming through the doors of the church you've fixed up. [Special Persons: High Priest Harris]
>Recruitment
The process is slow, with many people reluctant to break away from the churches they belong to, but it starts. [1/4]
>>
>>212322
-Improve woodworking
-See if we can indoctinate someone skilled in jewelry making or if our cultist can start learning how to do it
-Have Cothaon study curses

I was thinking that we could curse some of our products.
For example bad luck, depressing thoughts, anger/greed amplifying, etc. And also make it so the cursed item is desired by the owner, enough for them to not wanting separate from it.
>>
>>212322
I. Have a few cultists (although not any of those publicly associated with the faith) use their knowledge of the sewers to discreetly burglarize a house in the middle of the night; make it seem as if there was a struggle and take the inhabitants down to the shrine to be sacrificed. Use the imps as lookouts to see if anyone is coming, and abort at the first sign of trouble.

II. High Priest Harris should continue to reach out to the weak-willed and impressionable in order to convert people to the faith. Attempt to personalize the relationships by talking with people individually after sermons about their problems.

>>212366
I support improving our woodworking and studying curses, but I feel we should hold off on specifically indoctrinating people until the church already has a solid following.
>>
>>212366
>I was thinking that we could curse some of our products.
>For example bad luck, depressing thoughts, anger/greed amplifying, etc. And also make it so the cursed item is desired by the owner, enough for them to not wanting separate from it.

to expand on this we could offer curse removal services at the church. Maybe a focus on more annoying curses than maleveolent? Like always hearing a loud buzzing in their ear?

also we should research how to draw the life energy of our church's parishioners as a food source for the demons
>>
>>212366
>>212387
>>212388
OP needs to dissapear for an hour or two, anons. Be back soon though. In the meantime, I run another game on a separate site, and we could always use more players, if you're interested.
>>
>>212399
no problem
and sure, linky?
>>
>>212412
Dunno if linking competing sites is a no-no, but here's the chat we use https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net%3A%2B6697&channel=%23Nation

My game is the 'New' game link in the headline. They're pretty much multiplayer civ games/quests. Feel free to make a stat sheet up, and I plan on updating tonight. Map is a bit crowded, but I do have an extension in the works if its necessary.
>>
>>212387
> I feel we should hold off on specifically indoctrinating people until the church already has a solid following
Probably a good idea, yeah
>>212388
Yah, the goal I had in mind was just to have people be preoccupied with their own problems and distrust to be able to cooperate.
And to have tired minds who more easily give in to temptation and promise.
>>
Here's an idea: Start working on making calamities in the region to instill fear and distrust in the people. I'm not talking about overt crimes but subtly fucking with the environment and making the cause look natural. Then preach to the people about how the gods are angry at us and the only salvation is "the ritual" to purify the body of sins and spare yourself from the imminent destruction. Thoughts?
>>
>>212879
I don't think that's a bad idea, but I think we should wait until we're in a better position before trying anything too drastic. If things look like they're getting fucked up right now, it seems just as likely that people view would our new ascendant religion as why the gods are angry, or at least flock to the established ones rather than us.
>>
Yeah, we should probably save our actions for now. Something to think about down the road though. A good example of something we could do in the near future would be to find a way to diminish crop production, preferably by another demon's magic so we can turn it on and off again depending on how well they're behaving.
>>
Sorry for the wait, writing update!
>>
>>213039
Demon Stats
----------------

Cult Stats
-----------------
Currency: 3 (+1/turn)
Food (Souls):6 (-1/turn)
2 Imp Peons

>Jewelry
And the jewelcrafting is an absolute disaster; much gold is spent, but the cultists botch it up. [-1 currency]

>Cathaon
You don't /have/ a demonlord, however minor, do things for you, it does it because it /wants/ to. In this case, it doesn't.

>Kidnapping
The kidnapping, with the help of the imps, is a complete success. A family of four is captured to be used as food. [+4 food]
>>
>>213080
I. High Priest Harris should continue to reach out to the weak-willed and impressionable in order to convert people to the faith. Spend a currency or two to feed the poor, thereby getting a few moments to preach to them and gaining some goodwill.

II. Have the cultists work to further establish the shrine. At least add some benches and arcane-looking shit so that it actually feels like the residence of a demon lord.

III. In the night get the imps to survey some of the surrounding forest, making note of the inhabited areas as well as the roads.
>>
I. Work on finding a scapegoat for all these crimes. There's no crime in the city but there's gotta be someone seedy that isn't us. If there isn't, make a bogeyman or something.
II. More souls. Things to aim for: lone travelers, vagabonds, etc.
III. More research into demonology and soul efficiency. We gotta make the most of what we've got.
IV. Send imps to scout out the surrounding regions. Avoid being seen and avoid dangerous places.

When we get to 20 souls, summon another demon.
>>
>>213215
Let's change the first action to having High Priest Harris give alms to the poor and preach to them.
>>
If no one else is here, game will resume tomorrow.
>>
I. Try to convert the rulers of the city
II. Find ways to diminish the other churches. Possess their priests or frame them for kidnappings or something.
III. Summon 2 more imps
>>
OP here, back with an update!
Demon Stats
----------------

Cult Stats
-----------------
Currency: 4 (+1/turn)
Food (Souls):5 (-1/turn)
2 Imp Peons

>Preach
High Priest Harris continues his preaching, and giving alms to the poor. Many of them are nearly ready to know the truth.

>Souls
No such luck. There aren't any travellers to speak of.

>Imps
The ceremony starts, but for some reason the depths of hell seem resistant this time.

>Scouting
The imps come back with their report, one that pleases the lord Cothaon and his followers; there is only one road into and out of Whiteridge, and sleepy little towns smaller then it populate the forest. It's only when one leaves the forest that they come across more sizeable populations.
>>
>>214398
I. Use two of our currency to buy weapons in the least conspicuous way possible, as we currently only have one armed cultist. Then have the already proficient fighter train a few of our cultists to use our weapons, so that they have a basic level of understanding.

II. Have the High Priest continue with his preaching, emphasizing the emancipatory potential of the faith, and follow up with the converted so that they feel that their sins are being absolved through their membership. It is important here that they feel a real dependency upon the church to continue living a pleasant life.

III. The cultists are supposed to be proficient with magic, so a few of them should continue probing the connection with hell to try and figure out why the ceremony failed.

IV. If there are unemployed or homeless among the already converted, attempt to bring our woodcrafting operation above-ground and have the church employ them in producing things. The cultist who was already doing so can teach them what he knows of the craft, and the church should pay most of the proceeds they make back to the parishioners. Explain it as a means to strengthen the moral character of those involved, as well as provide for the church community.
>>
We're gonna need food...Badly.

Also obligatory Mythic Dawn pic :-)
>>
File: download (4).jpg (11KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
11KB, 249x202px
>>214560
>>
>>214560
We scouted out some remote towns in the vicinity of Whiteridge, so that seems like a good place to harvest some souls if need be. Also, we can just kidnap people like we did last turn if it really comes down to it.
>>
>>214575
>You could, but many more dissapearances in Whiteridge may arouse more suspicion.
>>
>>214589
Can animal souls suffice?
Maybe we should find away to subvert the White ridge Guard...It would make instilling the Cult as the legitimate government faster..
>>
>>214605
Animal souls will suffice, but at reduced efficiency.
>>
>>214605
It's just a volunteer brigade right now, so I was thinking that once we get enough money we should start up a professional protection force, sort of like the for-hire town guard employed in medieval Italian cities.
>>
>>214516
Is only one person going to participate? Thread's no fun if that's the case.
>>
>>214682

Sorry, I'm back and will be around for most of today.

Question: What happened to the family of 4 that we kidnapped last turn? Should have 9 food assuming we're using them as cattle.

Here's my suggestions (also attempting to sort out who does what):
I. Souls from the tiny towns. Anyone not in a position of power will suffice. Kidnap teams should be at least 4, no imps unless necessary because we can't risk our demons being spotted.
II. Research curses. Are any of our esteemed cultists particularly skilled in the art? If so, let's get him training the others. If not, learn how. If possible, make around 3 cultists into curse monkeys/magic users.
III. I second stockpiling weapons. Even if we don't have weapons we can use now we will need them later once we start the indoctrination.
IV. Learn more about the religions in town. We could use the information at some point.
>>
>>215141
You should. My mistake.
>>
>>215141

Correction on III: Even if we don't have people trained to use the weapons we will need them once we start the indoctrination and get more people with different skillsets. Also if we get the weapons try to have around 3 bruisers.
>>
>>215141
>>215154
I think we should hold off on any more soul gathering until we get back down to 6 or so. Especially since we are unable to summon any more demons right now.

Would this set of activities work for you?
I. Use currency to stockpile weapons. Even if we don't have people trained to use the weapons we will need them once we start the indoctrination and get more people with different skillsets. Also if we get the weapons try to have around 3 bruisers.

II. Have the High Priest continue with his preaching, emphasizing the emancipatory potential of the faith, and follow up with the converted so that they feel that their sins are being absolved through their membership. It is important here that they feel a real dependency upon the church to continue living a pleasant life. (OP indicated a few posts back that we would need to do the proselytizing thing a couple times to gather a solid congregation, and this would be the last one.)

III. Research curses. Are any of our esteemed cultists particularly skilled in the art? If so, let's get him training the others. If not, learn how. If possible, make around 3 cultists into curse monkeys/magic users.

IV. If there are unemployed or homeless among the already converted, attempt to bring our woodcrafting operation above-ground and have the church employ them in producing things. The cultist who was already doing so can teach them what he knows of the craft, and the church should pay most of the proceeds they make back to the workers. Explain it as a means to strengthen the moral character of those involved, as well as provide for the church community. (The idea is to both lay an economic base to start with, and make our parishioners more dependent upon the church.)
>>
>>215255
>>215141
Just going to mix these up if there's no more input.
>>
>>215255
Sure, make it so.
>>
>>215255
>>215311
Updating then!
>>
>>215255
Demon Stats
----------------

Cult Stats
-----------------
Currency: 5 (+1/turn)
Food (Souls):8 (-1/turn)
2 Imp Peons
High Priest Harris

>Weapons
The cult begins stockpiling weapons, though they haven't gotten the hang of them yet. [+3 Swords, -3 currency]

>Recruitment
High Priest Harris finishes his speeches for the day, and as he' heading out, he's approached by five of the poorest members of the congregation. They are the cult's now, to be indoctrinated or used as food for Lord Cothaon.

>Curses
The tomes on curses the cultists manage to dig up in the black market are difficult to understand, but one of the cultists manages to at least get the basics. She begins studying.

>Woodcrafting
Teaching the homeless how to carve the wood is a great success. Since the proceeds go to the workers, the cult doesn't see much monetary gain, but the congregation swells with the poor, destitute, and the just plain down on their luck.
>>
A few questions before I post my suggestions:

What do we know about the other religions in town from the knowledge we have already obtained?

What happens to the soul cattle once their souls are eaten? I assume they at least leave a corpse, right?

What do we already know about the newbies we've gathered? Any of them stand out?
>>
>>215489
You haven't learned much about the other religion, only that it follows a single God.

Yes, they leave corpses.

Nothing really, most of them are dirty homeless people. But you could ask.
>>
>>215416
I. Wash up our new recruits, get them new cloths and take them down to our lair. When they get there, go through the initiation process, and have the High Priest explain to them how the Cult is working towards the salvation that he preaches about, and how this is the easiest way to live a life of divine goodness (this needn’t be truthful, just say whatever it takes to guarantee their loyalty).

II. Use some of our time and resources to upgrade the shrine, as well as what I assume are the cultists’ quarters. The imps can aid wherever possible, and it’s not a problem if it take some currency to get going.

III. Spend some currency on getting more sophisticated woodworking tools for our resident cultist crafter, and have him use his experience to attempt to make more practical items like wheels, axels, and parts of a plough. If necessary, have him observe one of the city’s crafters to get an idea of how to do it.
>>
Ok then. I got an idea.

I. Begin scouting out the rival churchgoers. Learn some easy ways to scout who goes there and who doesn't, or at the very least learn a few faces.
II. Learn about our cultists. If they are useless, they are demon food. Our cult has no use for the weak. If they are particularly strong, are good at woodworking, or have other talents, keep them. If not, they are demon food.
II. Begin putting simple curses on woodworking items. Maybe just start out with simple bad luck charms. As our hexer gains proficiency, we'll move onto more complex curses. But that comes later.
III. Let's get started on a new project: a wooden altar. My theory is that we can't summon any more demons because our altar is shit, and even if that isn't the case it would probably please our demon lord.
IV: Have Harris do his thing, we may begin to see a steady influx of willing souls.
>>
Scratch the first one, not necessary. I'm for sprucing up the lair instead.
>>
>>215577
>>215626
I think we should scratch the second one instead, as right now I think we just need warm bodies. Not to mention, I think someone will notice if our most devout churchgoers start to disappear -- perhaps even our other parishioners.
>>
>>215655
True. Let me change up my list a bit.

I. Spruce up the lair. Our hobo converts need better living conditions than the ones they had before if we them to stay.
II. Evaluate the converts so we can further specialize. Don't eat the useless ones yet but if they continue to show no potential use them in case of emergency food shortages.
III. Begin putting simple curses on woodworking items. Just a minor bad luck charm will work. We need to keep it subtle for now.
IV. Spend currency on new woodworking tools and begin training new dedicated woodcrafters. Anything related to altar construction would help because we need to make one.
>>
>>215693
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>215693
Demon Stats
----------------

Cult Stats
-----------------
Pop: 10 human cultists; 4 converts
Currency: 6 (+1/turn)
Food (Souls): 7 (-1/turn)
2 Imp Peons
High Priest Harris

>Lair
The lair is spruced up, and the new converts seem much happier.

>Converts
The converts are evaluated by High Priest Harris and his 'acolytes'. Two have been homeless all their lives, but the other two are an alchemist, and a former blacksmith that have fallen on bad times.

>Curses
The process of cursing the wooden trinkets the cult makes starts, but the curse-mage is still studying her craft.

>Training
A few coins are spent, and the woodworker's son is sent to learn the craft. It'll take a bit for him to return, however.
>>
>>215814
>The converts are evaluated by High Priest Harris and his 'acolytes'. Two have been homeless all their lives, but the other two are an alchemist, and a former blacksmith that have fallen on bad times.
Is the fifth one also a vagrant?
>>
>>215824
Yes, I misspoke, sorry :^)
>>
>>215814
I. Have High Priest Harris continue preaching to the congregation, trying to expand his flock and affirming those that are already apart of the church. Give the faithful something to aspire to by creating a second initiation ceremony only given to those radical enough to be properly inducted into the cult (like our recent converts).

II. Have the alchemist attempt to gather what he needs to perform the basics of his craft. If alchemical regents are needed, get three of our cultists to scour the forest for them.

III. Get the three converts who were previously homeless to undergo training from one of their senior cultists. Make sure their will is strong, and attempt to see if any of them have an aptitude for fighting or magic.
>>
>>215824
I can definitely work with this.

I. Begin the initiation and indoctrination. Do the stuff in >>215553.
II. Have High Priest Harris continue to convert.
III. Let's try experimenting with the animal souls. Find a goat or two to sacrifice to our dark lord and his minions. We can use their bones in the altar construction. Demons love goats, right?
IV. Once initiated, ask the blacksmith and alchemist if they have anything from their past professions they can offer. If not, we will get some for them soon and they can resume their livelihoods and provide us with additional income/supplies.
>>
Lemme update my ideas:

I. Have High Priest Harris continue preaching to the congregation, trying to expand his flock and affirming those that are already apart of the church. Give the faithful something to aspire to by creating a second initiation ceremony only given to those radical enough to be properly inducted into the cult (like our recent converts).
II. Experiment with animal souls. Start by sacrificing a goat or two, whatever we can manage.
III. Get the three converts who were previously homeless to undergo training from one of their senior cultists. Make sure their will is strong, and attempt to see if any of them have an aptitude for fighting or magic.
IV. Ask the blacksmith and alchemist if they have anything left of their former professions that they can use. If not, maybe spend a currency to get them the basics.
>>
>>215948
This sounds good. I like the idea of building an alter out of animal and maybe human bones sometime in the future as well.
>>
>>215964
Actually we do have a steady supply of human corpses we could use...
>>
Demon Stats
----------------

Cult Stats
-----------------
Pop: 10 human cultists; 4 converts
Currency: 7 (+1/turn)
Food (Souls): 6 (-1/turn)
2 Imp Peons
High Priest Harris

>Recruitment
Recruitment goes well, but not as well as last time; 3 people join the 'congregation'

>Animal Sacrifice
You sacrifice the goat.... and nothing happens.

>training
Training goes well! One of the vagabonds shows interest in the book of curses, while another seems promising with a weapon. The third is still kinda useless though.

>Equipment
this stalls as well. The blacksmith and alchemist are completely peniless, and either no-one is selling the required materials, or they're too expensive.

>Gonna take a short break from this tomorrow to try something a bit different, but the Demons of Whiteridge will return!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>
>>216096
Do military training to attack a nearby village
>>
>>216096
Find a way to construct a forge for using our demon hellfire. Have our blacksmith make fine weaponry, cursed to bring us the souls of those slain. Find and convert/partner with a weapons merchant so we can start selling some evil swords and daggers and make some money and souls
>>
So the dead goat left no soul or nourishment of any kind upon its death?

Also

I. Just have High Priest Harris in recruitment mode until we say otherwise.
II. Have the imps start cleaning off the goat bones. Grab a skull from one of the older soulless corpses and clean that too. We'll wait until our woodworker's son comes back to build most of the wooden altar but we can at least prepare the ornamentation. If the goat has anything that can be used as demon food, get it.
III. Send a cultist or two to scout a nearby town or two. We need to know: Population estimates, strength of security forces, vulnerable targets, and anything that particularly stands out.
IV. If III goes well, get some souls.
>>
>>218167
If this works, we can expand, find a war, sell/donate weapons to any armies involved and take all the souls from the battlefields
>>
>>216096
Also, let's put our demonic fire powers to use and secret burn down houses to create desperation and gain more church goers. Maybe burn down some rival churches
>>
Bumping in hopes OP will notice it.
>>
:(
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.