[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial Art Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: title.png (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
title.png
23KB, 400x400px
Your muscles hurt, but you can't stop, not yet. "Just 30 more push-ups", you think to yourself. After a while, you're done with your exercise, and collapse on the floor, exhausted. Why did you start with this again? Every time you're like this, panting and trying to regain your breath after almost overexerting your body, doubt starts to linger and you ask yourself again why you're doing this. But you know the answer very well, don't you? You wanted to get stronger. Not for some ridiculous notion of justice, to protect those you love, or any of that bullshit. No, you wanna get stronger because you don't have a place to belong, you're doing this for your own sake. To be someone who can defend himself, who can hold his own against anyone and anything. Though for now, you're nowhere near that goal.

So, you decided to start a martial art. What did you choose though?
>a martial art focused on striking and/or kicks
>a martial art focused on grappling, throws and locks
>a martial art focused on the usage of weapons
>write-in
>>
>>211123

>write-in

We properly train in MMA to be all-round fighter like Muay Thai and Submission Wrestling.
>>
>>211123
>Focus on the usage of random objects, dodging and quick strikes
Lets become literally Jackie Chan
>>
>>211135
Supporting.
>>
>>211123
Oh yes
>>211135
Supportan
>>
>>211135
>>211147
writing.
>>211133
>mma
patrician taste. I was kinda hoping for this to win
>>
>>211135
Hell yeah.
>>
>>211161
MMA is gud shit, but who can pass on being Jackie Chan?
>>
>>211161

I'm expecting the quest to be more like Grapple Baki or Tough, that is why I pick MMA. Jackie chan style could work but I'm unsure it fit our personality unless we are very clumsy fighter.
>>
File: 2.png (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
49KB, 400x400px
You made a rather peculiar choice, instead of training in a traditional or modern martial art, you wanted to develop your own style. Your inspiration, Jackie Chan, always had this special something, a certain fluidity in his movement and an uncanny ability to use his surroundings to his advantage, including whatever objects were lying nearby. So you decided to try to become like that, training to dodge any incoming strikes while countering with your own swift and precise blows.
You always had a special talent, that made you stand out and sometimes gave you an edge in a fight, with some training it could become even more useful. What is it though?
>lightning-quick reflexes
>impeccable aim for weak spots
>the art of improvising and being unpredictable
>write-in
>>
>>211123
Krav Maga. Focuses on quick fight-ending motions by exploiting weaknesses in the human anatomy. Can be fatal if choosing to, like a double smack on the ears, or targeting the groin. Easily break a guy's arm or just disable the person due to sheer pain, with small finger pressure, or easily body lock someone. Most moves can be used and upgraded by doing them with any random item.

Designed to end fights as quickly as possible, can pacify or kill. Can use items with moves for extra damage. Focuses specifically on the human anatomy rather than raw power, body weight advantage, agility or superior stamina.
>>
>>211188
>>the art of improvising and being unpredictable
>>
>>211188
>The art of improvising, and being unpredictable
Exactly like Jackie Chan
>>
>>211188
>Write-in
Speciality for improvised weapons, especially ropes / chains.
>>
>>211188
>>211192
>impeccable aim for weak spots
>>
>>211181
our MC doesn't really have a personality (or even a name) yet, that will develop based on your choices and interactions with other characters. feel free to write any and all suggestions!
>>211199
>>211195
writing. I didn't really clarify this before, but I'm going for first suggestion to two wins. although I do like most ideas in this thread so far

also I apologise for the shitty MS Paint art, OP cannot into drawing
>>
Strangely enough, you've always had the ability to improvising in a fight, like grabbing surrounding objects and using them as a weapon, or maybe using a ledge or elevated position to attack your opponent from above. This makes you unpredictable sometimes, and with some luck, you can win a fight simply by spontaneously doing something that would appear random to most people.
This, coupled with your strength training and a few drills to improve your strikes gives you quite some potential in a fight, but you've only just begun and you have very little experience in actual fights. What are you going to do now?
>keep working out
>practice punches and kicks
>look for an opportunity to fight (write-in where and how)
>write-in
>>
>>211245
>>
>>211245
>>write-in

Surf on internet on and gather rumours from Martial Arts forums.
>>
>>211245
>>
>>211255
>>211249
writing. maybe I should raise the winning vote count to three?
>>211252
hello fellow /asp/ie
>>
File: what is anatomy.png (78KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what is anatomy.png
78KB, 400x400px
You decide it would be a good time to stop with your strength workout, since you get the feeling you've done enough push-ups, pull-ups and squats for today. Next up on your routine is training with the sandbag, to work on your punches and kicks. After a short break you put your bandages and light gloves on, and start relentlessly striking on the hard surface of the heavy bag. You memorize a few simple combination techniques, and also try to kick as high on the sandbag as possible, so you can aim for people's heads with a well-placed kick.
A few minutes later, you're even more exhausted then before, and you begin your stretching drills to finish up the training. As your sweat drips on the floor, you start thinking about what you could do during the rest of your day.
>hit the arcades
>go to the library
>take a walk inside the city
>grab some food
>head home and call it a day
>write-in
>>
>>211298
>hit the arcades
>>
>>211298
>Hit the arcades
>>
>>211298
>grab some food
Gotta replenish and hydrate.
>>
>>211298
>take a walk inside the city
Find someone to fight and fuck their shit up
>>
File: 4.png (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
41KB, 400x400px
>>211320
>>211315
>>211304
gonna go with both.

After all this exercise, you're hungry so you decide to grab some food. Since you can't afford much more, you go to a cheap, small restaurant that serves healthy and nutritious soups and noodles, where one of the waiters recognises you from prior visits and smiles at you. You sit at a table and order a small bowl of noodles and also a soup with some beef, to get your daily fill of carbs and proteins. Not so long after your order the waiter comes back with your food, and with a few courteous words he vanishes back into the kitchen. Hungrily, you feast upon the meal, and after you're done, the waiter comes to pick up your dishes. "You're fast, you must have been starving." he remarks with a smirk while putting the plates on a counter. You nod, and tell him you just worked out. After a brief conversation, you bid your farewells to him and exit the restaurant, headed for the arcades. Once there, you start playing your all time favourite arcade classic, Back Alley Warrior 2, when all of a sudden you feel someone bump into you from behind. How do you react?
>aggressive
>calm
>other
>>
>>211376
>calm
>>
>>211376
>Calm
>>
>>211376
>calm
>>
>>211376
>>calm

Be calm but prepare for surprise attack.
>>
File: brass knuckle.png (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
brass knuckle.png
22KB, 400x400px
>>211387
>>211385
>>211407
Once you turn around to see who just bumped into you, you're facing a rather tall guy about your age, maybe a little older. His once black hair is bleached, and you immediately notice a tattoo on his right hand, depicting a small dagger. He stares at you just like you stare at him, and behind him is a small group consisting of three people. After a few seconds of silence, he breaks it: "Hey, what the fuck do you want? Go back to playing your stupid children's game, nerd.". You decide it would be best not to provoke him, since he looks intimidating and has a bunch of thugs at his side, so you turn back around and keep playing.
The gang walks past you, some of them giving you funny looks and exchanging snide remarks, but you don't care. People like these are always out for a fight, but their strength usually lies in numbers. You're not as focused on the game anymore, so you notice how the guy that bumped into you earlier walks up to a slightly younger teenager standing in front of a rhythm game. They exchange a few words, the leader inching closer to the other's face, the latter slowly backing up and looking terrified. All of a sudden, the punk pushes the kid backwards, knocking him into another arcade machine. What are you going to do?
>help the kid (write-in)
>call for help
>mind your own business
>>
>>211459
>help the kid
Help the kid up, while looking around for weapons we can use.
Chairs, mops, brooms, anything we can use to equalize the fast approaching fight by blinding and breaking the joints of these guys.
Don't bother with kicks to the head; use kicks to the side of the knees to dislocate their kneecaps.
>>
>>211459
>>211464
>Help the kid
Do what the guy above said but also be ready to use the momentum of their attacks to slam them into the arcade machine screens for some quick knock outs
>>
>>211459
>help the kid

Seconding >>211464 and >>211475
>>
>>211459
>>211475
>>211464
It's so nice when people post your thoughts before you post them. Definitely supporting.
>>
>>211475
>>211464
You look around searching for a potential weapon, and you see a billiard cue standing in its rack. Inconspicuously, you grab it, and head over to the scene, so far they haven't noticed you, their leader is putting on a brass knuckle and threatening the kid. He raises his fist and prepares for a punch, but suddenly your cue strikes his head with a loud thunk, and he slumps on the floor. His mooks glare at you, and immediately the closest to you tries to grab your weapon to disarm you, but you hold on to it and manage to push him back. Another guy comes running at you, only to be poked in the stomach by the tip of the cue, robbing him of his intial momentum. The first guy now tries to punch you after determining that disarming you wasn't the best idea, but his punches don't fully connect and you counter with a low kick. Three of the guys are now incapacitated, but the last one is nowhere in sight.
What are you going to do?
>write-in
>>
>>211527

>write-in

Commented that thugs are real weaks.
>>
>>211527
Look around quick for the last one, then help the kid up and quickly put the cue back.
Don't want to be caught with it if the last coward went to call security.

I'd prefer to kick the bullies when they're down, smashing their knees, jaws, and stomping on their ribs, to give them lifelong reminders of what happens to scum like them, but with one of them still lurking about, we don't have the luxury of time.
>>
>>211527
>Grab the kid and get out of there, also take the guys brass knuckles to disarm him for being a punk
>>
>>211527
Do >>211537 then do a cursory glance around for the last thug, then tell the kid he's safe with us.
>>
>>211537
>>211540
>>211544
>>211551
You extend a hand towards the kid laying on the floor, his glasses broken next to him. "T-thank you so much." he stutters as he grabs it and you pull him up. A quick look around you reveals that the last thug definitely left, and you let out a relieved sigh. As you walk back to the rack to put back the now slightly bent cue, you smile confidently at the boy you saved and say "No problem kid, I'm glad I could help.". You lift the unconscious leader's hand and take off his brass knuckle, placing it in your pocket. The boy is still standing there shaking, he keeps staring at you still teary-eyed, and with a step forward he declares: "I owe you my life, I don't know how I could ever make this up to you. Please tell me, what's your name?".
>>
>>211590

John Lee.
>>
>>211590
Sammy Chung.
>>
>>211590
Brian Chelmer. But you can call me 'ice tiger'.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>211633
>>211612
>>211618
I'm going to roll a die to determine which of the three it's going to be.
>>
>>211612
"My name is John Lee. Don't worry boy, you don't owe me anything, I just did it because I couldn't stand seeing those pricks bullying you. Take care dude, you should fight back if something like this ever happens again. " you tell him before turning around and walking towards the exit, leaving him behind next to the unconscious body of one of his bullies, the others ran and are long gone. You step out of the arcade, and all of a sudden you hear another loud thump, and a sharp pain runs through your right shoulder. One of the thugs from before, the one that left without a fight, is standing there with a mischievous grin and a baseball bat in his hand. As you grit your teeth and sink on your knees, he triumphantly raises the bat to take another swing. How are you going to react?
>say something (write-in)
>try to dodge
>nothing
>>
>>211675
>try to dodge

Then attack his balls and try to shove him onto the ground.
>>
>>211675
Quickly punch him in the balls then grab the bat
>>
>>211675

This.

>>211681
>>211682
>>
>>211682
seconding this one, he wanted us on our knees, all he gave us was a shot at his dangly bits.
>>
>>211675
Punch him in the balls, slam a palm into one of his knees to dislocate the cap, take the bat and destroy all the bones in his right hand.
>>
>>211714
alright, calm down there guy. I doubt we can do stuff like that JUST yet.
>>
>>211681
>>211682
The bat swings down, and it barely grazes your head as you manage to leap to the side. You throw a left jab aimed for his testicles, but you miss and punch his leg, your blow having little to no effect. You lay on your back and try to kick him from below, but the pain from your shoulder is distracting you, and despite your feet slowing him down and making it harder for him to aim, he raises the bat above his head with both hands and prepares for another swing. Just as you were thinking this fight, and by extension your life, were about to end, the kid you just saved tackles the assailant from behind with all his might, pushing him in your direction, both of them landing on the concrete sidewalk next to you. The bully's head hits the floor hard, knocking him unconscious.
Breathing heavily but also smiling, the kid looks over to you and says: "My name's Sammy Chung by the way, but you can call me Sam".

End of first session.
It's gotten pretty late here and I should sleep guys, tell me what you thought about this so far, I'm open to criticism and any suggestions. Also, again sorry for shitty/nonexistent art, I'm very shit at drawing
>>
>>211743
All is good m8. Maybe we could have rolls to this? d20s I'd think would work, up to you though. Thanks for running!
>>
>>211743
Thanks for running.

I second >>211757 that we should have rolls when attempting tricky actions.
>>
>>211757
>>211789
thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna try with the dice rolls, hopefully the RNG gods are on our side. if this thread is still alive tomorrow I'll continue here. if not I'll make a new one
>>
File: 6.png (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
24KB, 400x400px
You keep staring at the boy, who just took down an armed, much taller and heavier guy in front of your own eyes, and he saved your ass like you saved his a few minutes ago. Sam gets up and stretches his arm towards you. "Is your shoulder okay John? It looked like it hurt." he says while looking at you with a worried expression. You reassure him and say it's just partially dislocated at most, but you know that you should still seek medical attention, so you decide to head for a nearby clinic to get someone to look at it. Sam insists on exchanging phone numbers, and after you're done, you leave in the direction of a clinic you went to before when you had injuries from exercising or fights.
Once you leave the clinic, it's already almost dark outside, so you should probably go home, your mum might be worried about you already. Luckily it's not that far, so after a short walk you reach your place. You know exactly how your mother is going to react to you coming home this late. What type of person is your mother?
>a worrywart, often suspecting that you might have gotten in trouble
>a strict parent, always expecting you to listen and follow the rules
>a nice person at heart, wants you to be happy and for you to lead a fulfilled life
>write-in
>>
>>213895
>a worrywart, often suspecting that you might have gotten in trouble
>>
>>213895
>a nice person at heart, wants you to be happy and for you to lead a fulfilled life
>>
>>213953
>>213943
waiting for a vote to break this tie
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>213957
Here's 1d20 from me in case there's no third vote soon.
>>
>>213984
thanks anon, I'll just say 1-10 is the first vote and 11-20 is the second, so second it is. writing
>>
>>213953
As soon as you ring the doorbell, your mum immediately opens it and greets you with a bright smile across her face: "John! I'm glad you're home, how was school? Are you hungry, do you want some food? It's a bit late, do you need help with your homework?". "It was okay I guess, no, I ate outside, and nope I can do it on my own." you reply to her barrage of questions. Her antics always seemed quite funny to friends and guests, but to you, they could sometimes be a bit too much. Though you know it's just your mother's way of expressing love towards her child. Upon hearing your response, she pouts and says in an almost begging voice: "Are you sure? Not even a small bowl or something?". You shake your head and tell her you're not hungry, and you almost feel pity as she looks a little disappointed. "Okay fine, but just a tiny bowl of rice, nothing more." you finally give in. She immediately puts on her smile again and triumphantly says: "Coming right up!" before leaving in the direction of your tiny kitchen. How are you going to spend the rest of the evening/night?
>browse the internet
>watch tv
>read a book
>study
>keep playing video games
>write-in
>>
File: Tale-of-Wuxia-pc.jpg (157KB, 464x640px) Image search: [Google]
Tale-of-Wuxia-pc.jpg
157KB, 464x640px
>>214012

>keep playing video games

We were playing Tale of Wuxia.
>>
>>214012
>browse the internet
>>
>>214012
>Browse the internet
>>
>>214012
>browse the internet
Read up on the latest from the LHC.
>>
>>214021
>>214027
After eating the rice bowl your mum prepared with love and care, you head to your room and turn on your PC. Bored, you had to your favourite laosian puppet discussion imageboard, which conveniently also has a section about martial arts. You read up on various new techniques you could practise, and a few exercises that you can't wait to try out. Also, you find someone talking about how they want to open a club for friendly sparring between fellow fighting enthusiasts, and you wonder if something like this exists in your city too. Determined, you decide to ask this stranger where he lives, and much to your surprise, they tell you they also live in your city, not extremely surprising considering it's the capital of your country, but it's still an incredible coincidence that this club will open nearby. He tells you he wants to inaugurate this club tomorrow, and sends you an adress. Also, you can bring a friend or two as well, the more the merrier he claims. What are you going to do?
>politely decline, he's a stranger after all
>enthusiastically accept, this sounds amazing
>>
>>214052

Kung Fu Fight Club a go-go, make sure to bring Sammy
>>
>>214052
>>
>>214052
Surely nothing bad could happen from visiting a stranger you met on the internet.
>>
>>214052
>politely accept, should check them out but be wary
>>
>>214071
Changing vote to this, but still bring Sammy

Little Sammy Chun
>>
>>214071
>>214075
>>214059
>>214062
>>214060
I apologise for being gone for a couple hours, I went to the gym.

Enthusiastically, you type your reply to the kind stranger. You'd love to join this club, and you've already got in mind whom you might ask to tag along. After turning off your Computer you send a message to Sam asking if he would like to come to the club with you tomorrow, and after just a few minutes he also accepts. Satisfied with what you've accomplished today, and happy you were so lucky not to have any severe damage from the baseball bat attack earlier, you drift off into a peaceful sleep.

End of session two

Sorry guys for this session being a little shorter than yesterday, but I was kinda busy. I can run tomorrow from about 1 pm to 4 pm CEST. I hope you still enjoyed it, have a good night
>>
>>214837
>3 days ago
whelp, i think we're done here fellas
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.