[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WILL QUEST: First look.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 15

File: Wisp intro.png (505KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Wisp intro.png
505KB, 1600x1200px
Hey all, decided to try my hand at running a quest, because there aren't enough already.

I've got the basics set up, and just want to float the idea and see if A.) there's any immediate interest and B.) if there are any suggestions.

I will also be learning how to art. Pic related is the first ever relevant art I've done on a computer. Welcome to the future.

Pastebin for ease of access. I'll stick around to answer any questions, and hopefully get a session up and running sometime in the next week.

http://pastebin.com/vg3KzY9N
>>
>>210365
establishing a trip now.
>>
File: Will Quest vol1.png (120KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Will Quest vol1.png
120KB, 800x600px
>>210367
>>
File: Sample 1v1.png (280KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sample 1v1.png
280KB, 800x600px
>>210365
Here's an idea of what maps will look like. On the left we have a PC with 2 Strikes, 2 Moves, 3 Defends, and 1 Work. On the right, a Mook, with 2 Defends, 1 Strike, and 2 Moves.
>>
File: Mountain Ascent.png (406KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain Ascent.png
406KB, 1600x1200px
>>210390
Here's a volcano map. That's all I'm posting tonight, I really need to go to sleep.

I'll check back and see if anyone looked at this tomorrow. Thanks if you do/did!
>>
This is a little long and confusing. So mana is like action points and will is like HP?

Are we playing a top down strategy/RPG?
That sounds like my kind of thing. I'm going to try to make a builder kind of character and hope that I can make friends with a big strong ally to protect me.

Name: Bob

Con:
WWAM

Att:
4/4W, 2/2M, 0/2C, 0/0A

Myth:
n/a
>>
>>210829

I was giving that some thought, and I edited the document a bit to clarify...

HP and Will do fill a lot of the same roles, especially early game, so sure! Mana however is only spent for magic, which is not a base ability. It can be absorbed away from you though. Short of that however, you shouldn't run out if you're not a caster of some kind.

As far as actions go, you choose 2 types of actions each turn. I added a section explaining it in the game doc, but I'll summarize here.

For your wisp, you have two work constructs, an absorb, and a move.

Each turn you may choose to Work, Absorb, or Move. You can only choose TWO actions a turn, so choose wisely.

Let's say for example you choose to Work, capturing a resource for example, then Absorb, because you took some damage last turn. You would:

>WORK resource
>WORK resource
>Absorb Will from Mook1

When you choose an action, you can choose to use any/all available constructs of that type to do it. You would be able to work that resource twice as fast as someone with only one Work construct.
>>
>>210829
also, 10/10 for bob the builder.
>>
>>210365
>RPG, not a quest.
Go run that on some freeform RPG forum.
>>
>>211003
mmmmm no! :D

If anyone played/saw Iron hearts back on TG, my goal is to make a quest along those lines, but dear god hopefully way shorter phase times. Fingers crossed.
>>
>>210944
Thanks for the clarification.

When do we start?
>>
>>211121
I have work fairly soon, and I'm still putting maps together. I want to get all my assets set up before I start a game.

If you'd like, we can do a quick scenario on the river map posted above. It would be canon, so you'd get a chance to set things in motion, make a lasting mark.
>>
>>211163
you'd use your own character too, in case that wasn't apparent.
>>
>>211163
No. I'll wait for someone else and for you to get ready.
>>
>>211196
sounds good. I'm finishing up that first scenario.
>>
File: First Summon.png (333KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
First Summon.png
333KB, 800x600px
>>210365
>>210829
>>211196

You've been summoned. Can't get things rolling until we get at least one more though... There are some strange, scaley guys on the far side of the river, and you suspect that's where you're headed. They're eyeing you suspiciously, but mostly minding their own business.
>>
>>211301
You! You're a wisp! And you're here! HAHA! I knew I could summon one! Suck it, "master". Wait, shit, I was trying to summon a whole bunch of you... Are there more coming? I need some help with a minor problem.
>>
>>211301
Ok. I guess my first few turns will be moving to that log on the bottom so I can make a bridge.
>>
>>211328
You can use both your actions to move.
>>
>>211334
Down and down then.
>>
>>211343
Each move allows you to move 3 squares :)
>>
>>211350
Ah... Ok then all the way to the log! Unless it's a bad idea to let them over right away...?
>>
File: First Summon 1.png (333KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
First Summon 1.png
333KB, 800x600px
>>211361
They don't seem to be too interested in coming over to you. You move to the log.

Uhhh... okay! good! Make a bridge! ... So you know we're here to gather some supplies, right? We need 2 loads of lumber, and 1 load of those stones on the far side of the river. They're faintly conductive to magic, vital to my future plans and... mildly religious to the Kobolds. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: First Summon 2.png (334KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
First Summon 2.png
334KB, 800x600px
>>211372
>ENEMY PHASE

... Seems like two of the kobolds have lost interest. They're starting a campfire. The third however, is watching you from the far side of the river warily.
>>
>>211388
Action phase. You're up.
>>
>>211395
Ok. Can I build it?
2 make bridge actions this turn.
>>
File: First Summon 3.png (333KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
First Summon 3.png
333KB, 800x600px
>>211409
Of course!

>you attempt to build the bridge...

And discover the log is just barely too short to make a dry crossing, but it's wedged in the bank on the far side. Seems stable enough, but you'll have to watch your step on that last section. It might slow you down a bit.
>>
File: Alert.png (325KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Alert.png
325KB, 800x600px
>>211424
>enemy phase

The Kobold that was watching you sees where this is going. He dashes north, along the bank to alert his comrades. They turn toward you, chattering and howling. They seem hesitant to charge you, but... that might not last long.
>>
>>211450
I'll move to the tree and start gathering wood. Can I make some weapons or something?
>>
>>211460
For sure. I will point out you don't have a strike construct, so... maybe some sort of Focus? A staff/wand? I'll move you to the nearest tree right behind you and you can tell me what you wanted to have made, and your goal for the item.
>>
>>211479
Maybe I can make a staff that looks like a walking stick and a shield that looks like... I have no idea. I'll just make a shield and hope they think I'm friendly.
>>
File: half a tree gone.png (324KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
half a tree gone.png
324KB, 800x600px
>>211490
Let's give it a shot, lol...

UGGGhhh, I have pumped so much Mana into this stupid circle, where the HELL is it going? I need more wisps!

>you made a Simple Stave (Focus: bonus to Absorb) and a Low Quality Wooden Buckler (you really hope this helps)

>the bravest kobold is testing the crossing, the other two still hollering and whooping behind him. They still seem to be in a defensive posture. They can tell you're stronger than them.
>>
>>211528
Confidently approach the brave kobold and attempt diplomacy. Tell them I would like to make more wooden things from the fine tree over yander.
>>
File: diplomacy check tribal.png (332KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
diplomacy check tribal.png
332KB, 800x600px
>>211536

You try to dimplomize them.

They're confused, but a little less on guard. They seem to be territorial, defending the stones behind them. You obviously want to avoid direct confrontation, but maybe there's another way? Remove their Will to fight?
>>
>>211558
Invite one of them over to my side to see my master wood crafting powers in action. Then I'll move to the tree and cut the 2 loads of lumber for you and pretend I'm going to make something.
>>
File: show and tell.png (333KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
show and tell.png
333KB, 800x600px
>>211577
Sounds good.

>you attempt to demonstrate your intentions. You build them a simple bauble, a very, very rudimentary toy wagon. A dowel, two wheels, some vine tied to the front. You gift it to K1, then gesture at the trees on his side of the river.

He marvels at the toy, then hesitantly nods for you to follow him.
>>
>>211603
if you choose to follow him, I'll just move you both to the tree. With him as a chaperone, the others won't start anything.
>>
>>211610
Ah. I was going to just ambush him with absorbing stuff once he came over, but this works better. I'll follow him. Unfortunately I need to get to bed early today so this is my last move for now. Sorry.
>>
File: WILL QUEST.png (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
WILL QUEST.png
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>211629
Sounds good, I leave for work in like 15 minutes. You have been added to the Grimoire, including your Simple Stave and LQ Wooden Buckler.

That's all for now folks. I'll probably swing back in late tonight.
>>
>>211629
You can also just ambush him when he turns his back, but I'll let you decide when the time comes.
>>
File: Bahb.png (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bahb.png
21KB, 400x300px
>>211629
Bahb.
>>
Also, I'm back for a bit if anyone wants to get their character logged before the next game.

It's super simple, promise. Pick 3 Constructs, your 4th is always a Move, and you're ready to go. A name is good too.
>>
>>212405
Nice.
Should we get started or would you rather wait and see if someone else joins? I still want to follow him. I think it would be better to ambush them over on the far side.
>>
>>213476
haha, clearly I wasn't there.

I'll start a new thread for the next game.
>>
>>213965
I'll be ready... Probably.
>>
>>214040
I probably won't be! haha...
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.