[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another Post Apocalypse Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13

File: wasteland.jpg (52KB, 620x334px) Image search: [Google]
wasteland.jpg
52KB, 620x334px
I know we already have one but let's get another one going! I'm secretly hoping for some murderous assholes but I'm up for running anything you guys roll up.

We'll be using the Post Apocalyptic Society Creation Tables

Found: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Post_Apocalyptic_Society_Creation_Tables

First thing we need to roll up is the Genetic Make Up

so roll 1d100 and Ride Eternal On The Fury Road!
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>204727
>>
>>204732
67!

Seem like we're a bunch of Half Lives, cancerous filth!

I like it, if anyone has any ideas about the nature of our Half Life then feel free to post them

Next up: Cultural Meta-Group

Let's find out what kind of people we share the land with
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>204746
>>
>>204753
Okay,

Tribals

So, it appears we are Half Life Tribals trying to survive, but who leads them?

d100 for the kind of Leadership we have
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>204763
>>
File: hekhd7g1ddmnboxclncm.jpg (285KB, 1900x790px) Image search: [Google]
hekhd7g1ddmnboxclncm.jpg
285KB, 1900x790px
>>204775
Okay

So we've rolled Democracy/Consensus

This is turning out to be a very interesting society that's being rolled up

Next is 2d100 for Cultural Quirks
>>
Rolled 3, 68 = 71 (2d100)

>>204804
>>
File: WarBoys_FEAT-970x545.png (1MB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
WarBoys_FEAT-970x545.png
1MB, 970x545px
>>204811
Death Cult: Unsurprisingly among the blighted folk of the wastes, some have taken to worshipping death, or the idea of a “Good death”. Perhaps it’s a mythical afterlife, a desire to see the world well and truly die, or simply a nihilistic belief that death is an inevitable constant in life, for whatever reason this group worships death itself.

And

Distinctive Icon: A motif or symbol runs throughout the groups structures, clothes, and vehicles. Maybe it’s a specific animal or object, or maybe it’s something less specific like bullets or flames.

VERY interesting! Any fluff would be good, how do we choose our actions?

What flavour is our Death cult?

What's our symbol?

Next up: Distinctive Appearance; 2d100
>>
Rolled 77, 90 = 167 (2d100)

>>204842
>>
>>204848
Jewellry: Somehow the group has gotten a hold of a sizeable amount of bling. Maybe it’s hand-made from scrap, or maybe it’s actual treasures from the old world. The group takes great pride in it.

And

Body of Knowledge: The group preserves information on the bodies of it’s members. Technical diagrams scarified onto their chests, covered in tattooed text, etc.

What are these treasures?

What is this knowledge?

I need answers people, only got one roller so I don't know if this quest will kick off, I'll carry on however

Next: Unique/Exclusive Resource

1d100
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>204857
>>
>>204863
Scrap: Everyone wants it, everyone needs it, most people have it. This group has a specific type, or an extreme profusion of it, and they use it to barter for whatever else they need.

Seems we've got quite the collection!

Next up; Equipment Quality, 1d100
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>204869
>>
Alright, seeing as we've only got one roller and no fluff, I'll either wait for another time to host a quest or wait to see if there are more rollers

Can't do a qst with one guy
>>
File: Dis-gon-b-gud.gif (1MB, 350x191px) Image search: [Google]
Dis-gon-b-gud.gif
1MB, 350x191px
>>204901
Git gud
>>
>>204925
If you're willing to join, the next roll is for: Motor-Pool General Make Up

We got Well-crafted on the Equipment table
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>204933
giving you a helping hand here m8
>>
>>204939
Classics: Muscle Cars, roadsters, and trucks. The standard rides for most in the wasteland. Tough, reliable, and intimidating.

To recap:

Half life Democratic Death Cult Tribals with a Distinctive Icon who are blinged out and keep knowledge on their bodies
>>
>>204746
Tumors and lesions all over our bodies, wracked with a cough that never really quits. When exposed to radioactivity our eyes glow.

>>204842
We're going to die anyways, that's inevitable. So we must pick the best way to die. To make our deaths as our lives as useful as possible to our kin and clan.

Icon
Skull and crossbones

>>204857
Treasures and tattoos?? Tin and copper, the things needed to build plants of power. The diagrams on our people show they look nothing like plants we see today, they are not green, nor organic, yet they made our past strong with Power.
>>
>>204961
>>204967
This work Qm? not great with fluff desu
>>
File: acqobdocM.jpg (73KB, 800x753px) Image search: [Google]
acqobdocM.jpg
73KB, 800x753px
>>204967
I like it

The Plants Of Power fueled the Old World like Guzzoline fuels our Muscle Cars

2d100 for our Special Vehicle Shit
>>
>>204982
Forgot my name, but yeah 2d100

I'm liking the fluff we got so far
>>
Rolled 81, 32 = 113 (2d100)

>>204982
>>
>>204997
Turbo-Charged: Engines are supercharged and often fitted with nitrous. The group's cars will be capable of incredible bursts of speed, at the cost of some special maintenance and materials.

AND

Harpoons/Graplers: The ability to keep your vehicular prey where you can kill it is an important ability, and what’s more is that if you’re actually faster you can then drag the slower vehicle behind you.

So, it seems like we'll be faster than most cars and be firin' backwards to our prey!

Warboys!
>>
dice+d100
>>
>>205016
Put it in the Options field and it'll roll
>>
1d100
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>205007
leader vehicle.
Just wish we had gotten tesla coils since they'd fit fluff so well.
>>
>>205021
thanks, havent done this before
>>
Hey Op, I use this (the free version) when I make my map in my own thread
http://www.hexographer.com/

Good luck with your own apocalypse quest OP
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>205031
and i still fail
>>
>>205028
Legendary Car: It’s not a giant warmachine, or even all that impressive compared to some other things, but it’s the perfect blend of fast, tough, and reliable. This car is everything anyone could ever want and it’s certainly made a name for itself. When a group rolls up with this thing, people know who they are. Takes the form of whatever your generic type of vehicle is.

What kind of car do we roll with?
>>
>>205048
A Ford Charger, With a supped up engine, in built armor plating, and a Heavy Mil-spec machine gun turret in the roof.
>>
>>205036
Thanks,

I noticed that you were using Hexographer and I already have it but thanks for the tip anyway and for the link in your thread
>>
Okay! That's all the rolling stuff that we need to decide on

What do we call ourselves? Does our Cult have a God? Where do we live?

I'll make up a map and write the first post after we got that sort of stuff down
>>
>>205066
The People of Tin

No, just a desire to die well and in a useful way.

In Metal strewn waste that has since collected a small biosphere in it since a well was found underneath some scrap one day.
>>
File: the flag.png (70KB, 720x484px) Image search: [Google]
the flag.png
70KB, 720x484px
>>204842
Death Cult: Half-lifers are the reincarnation of sinful part-lifers and pure breeds. We only live to redeem ourselves through our repentant rituals to the our holy figure, the harsh sun in the sky.

Distinctive icon: A Yellow Sun in a Black sky over red terrain.

>>204857
Jewellry: We have polished and worked Tin and Brass till it looks like Silver and Gold so we can wear it in our rituals and so that we can use it to buy our ways back to being pure bloods.

Body of Knowledge: Our jewelry is as unique as the person who made it and as meaningful as the story it is meant to represent. We also like to tat ourselves with suns and bones and shit because that shits just cool, desu.

>>204869
We have uncommon metals to spare: Tin, Copper, Brass, Lead, you name it, we probably have it lying around somewhere in abundance.

>>204961
We like trucks because they are capable of housing cool harpoon-balistae in the back that can have a swinging chair so our rear gunners can lock on target more effectively.

>>205007
Turbo-Charged: we trade copious amounts of metal and hand-made jewelry to our neighbors in order to get a hold of these usefull relics of power and speed.

Harpoons/Graplers: Its the post-apocalypse, i aint got to explain why we have these.

>>205048
Some days ago one of our own wondered what it would be like to combine 3 different trucks into a single multi harpooning platform?

the result:
12 wheels
9 passengers
3 engines
3 harpoon-ballistae
1 driver
0 fucks given.
>>
File: 052214_16.jpg (198KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
052214_16.jpg
198KB, 1200x800px
>>205066

TOTAL RECAP
>Half-Lives
>Tribals
>Democracy/Consensus
>Death Cult
>Distinctive Icon
>Jewelry
>Body of Knowledge
>Scrap abundance
>Classic cars
>Turbo-Charged
>Harpoons/Graplers
>Leader Vehicle
>Legendary Car

How's this for some basic fluff:

They are descendants of the city people who fled *insert metropolis/megacity name* and roamed aimlessly through the nascent Wasteland, until one day they stumbled upon a deserted motorsports park, tucked in the rural countryside away from civilization. To their amazement the track was abandoned in the middle of preparations for a certain annual car show/ Small Prix of Something and was practically undamaged and not looted. Many priceless and famous muscle cars were present in the garages in near mint condition. Soon they realized that some of the test drivers, stuntman and mechanics hid here, unsure where to go, now that the world ended. They decided to team up, combining their technical and everyday knowledge, and a small settlement was born. Unbeknown to them, they were heavily irradiated by the fallout winds in the following months, and both them and their descendants were damned to short cancerous lives.
>>
>>206036
cont.

Due to their sadly short lifespans, they devolved from modern to tribal culture in a matter of years. The radiation affected their bodies as well as their minds rapidly. Their ancestors, fearing that the degeneration process would take permanent hold and that their children would turn not just into mutants, but dumb mutants at that – maybe even during their half-lives – instituted a custom of elaborate tattoos, incorporating in them technical expertise and wisdom along with spiritual and cultural meanings, as a way to instill renewed purpose and pass on knowledge. Tribal Shamans were appointed and instructed in how to decipher and share this knowledge with the rest of the community, in so commanding great respect among the population as divine interpreters of life, death and automotive engineering. They remained peaceful for the most part, retaining the tradition of community of their forbearers with Shamans presenting all decisions, important or otherwise, to the people. Once a week they gather in so called Pit Moots, around a car that corresponds to the current car symbol of the week (~52 different car models in total). The Moot traditionally starts with performing the maintenance to the car and when it is done, the engine is revved in exultation. Afterwards everyone has a right to be heard and no voice is above critique or beyond authority. The Commentators, as they are called, begin their respective speeches with signaling the horn and taking up the driver’s seat. The other seats are reserved for Shamans who guide the discussion. After the case is presented the shamans honk if they find merit in the Commentators speech and let people vote, once all the speakers finish talking. If someone is trolling or purposefully obstructing the conversation, that person is summarily packed into the trunk of the car. The “punishment” doesn’t last long, and after several minutes, the obstructer is released, with everyone laughing.
>>
>>206041
cont.

The Tribals tend to organize their society around different totems that are bound either to a family car that is passed from one generation to another (dodge, chevy etc.) or to a profession that most of the family members are known for (driving, engineer, technician, crew chief, jackman, gas boy etc.). Cults of Personality also run rampant in the tribe, with famous Racers revered almost as living divinities. Many young drivers apply (or beg) to become a co-driver to a famous Racer. One such driver in particularly influenced the tribe, the martyr Senna who was denied Lightspeed (more on this later on) by a freak accident. His emblems and imagery are often incorporate in paintjobs as a standard. Groups of drivers that work together tend to organize in teams with distinct heraldry and colors and usually outrageous names (Red Bullets, Maverick Storms, Nitro Flashes, Star Bursts, Lightning Vipers etc.).

Shortly after refitting the race track into a town of sorts, they explored their surrounding area and found a lot of hotels, spa centers, restaurants and other catering facilities that accompanied the car complex. Quickly the expensive watches and jewelry from the gift shops arose as another, quicker and easier way to gain social status in contrast with their tattoo/shaman culture. Though the older tribesman resented this practice as frivolous, the rebellious youth quickly accepted this as a way to acquire station and respect among their peers. They tend to cover themselves in various ornaments, wearing multiple rings, necklaces, earrings and other pieces of jewelry. The surrounding buildings also proved as an excellent source of scrap, fueling the secondary industry of The Drome (how the town was now called); the tribals deconstructed structures en masse and hauled back the ore in order to develop their hometown or use as a trade good for much needed guzzoline.
>>
>>206048
cont.

The short lives of the Drome Tribals had another effect on their culture which manifested in a widespread death cult that became their main religion (apart from family car worship, handed down from driver to co-driver (the custom AND the car). It concerns mostly with the veneration of the God of Speed, the fast Schuma and his heralds, the mysterious Stygs; the pantheon has several other “deities”, specifically the triumvir of Hammon, Awe and Son of Clark, and is essentially some form of iconic ancestor/spirit worship. The Dromers know that their lifeforce is leaking faster than guzzolene from a punctured reservoir and that they have a short time on this world to enjoy the fever of speed. So they test themselves and their vehicles on the apocalypse roads. They believe that if they challenge death enough times, they will achieve what they call “The Top Gear” and then ascend to Lightspeed – and outrun death. Unfortunately, this coupled with the custom of “Chicken” has led to more than enough fatal outcomes and their image among other wasteland inhabitants is that of insane but quite daring/skilled drivers. In truth they fear death as much as any other irradiated meatsack, but welcome the opportunity to challenge it and live to win another spin on their home track.

Though they are not war-like by nature, when they do get involved in combat, they can prove quite nasty for their opponents. They proudly paint their cars, displaying colorful heraldry of their families and teams, motives of their totems and Racers they admire. Their cars are usually outfitted with grappling hooks/harpoons, because they prize spare parts much more than slaves; they prefer going for tires (as to not damage the vehicles). As far as combat doctrines go, the utilize one of baiting, feinting, and bluffing. Their turbocharged muscle cars can outrun or catch up with most other vehicles in the Wasteland. So their driving skills are where they top all opposition – combined with their reckless high-speed stunt driving and reflexes, they can turn the tide of battle by confusing their opponents and making them collide with their comrades, make them misfire their weapons or control/deny their movement with hooks. However, when faced with more heavily armed enemies, their lightly armored cars can quickly become scrap metal if caution is not taken. From such battles they usually flee though it is not unheard of young Dromers seeking thrill-fame and Top Gear when odds are stacked against them – and finding death instead.

The Drome Tribals use bolts (screw) as their currency; though they happily accept bullets as well.
>>
>>206052
ofc this is just work in progress. We can rework the fluff anytime.
>>
File: Michael-Schumacher.jpg (528KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Michael-Schumacher.jpg
528KB, 2000x1200px
>>206052
>the fast Schuma
Anon, I love you
>>
File: 24H-Of-LeMons-12-copy.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
24H-Of-LeMons-12-copy.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
>>206052
>>206048
I like the Race Team / Family idea the most. Feel like it should be explored further.
>>
>>206386
I like it as well. The daredevil need for speed motif fits well with the turbo classic cars and death cult cultural quirk.
>>
File: 600-lemons-span.jpg (47KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
600-lemons-span.jpg
47KB, 600x316px
What, you wanna know that? Well, the reason our lives are short is because our ancestors, in their great recklessness, have knocked over the Road Cones. This and their dirty racing drew the ire of the Race Judges and we were given a Time Penalty. To make up for that, we must pick up the pace, take the best line and appease the Judges with our race craft.

Reckless driving is not the same as driving fast. Tempt fate one time too many and Death will fly the Black Flag for you, disqualifying you from the Race, your Score annulled. A dick in general and abuses his power often.

Time is the most important of the Judges, for she is the most impartial. Fastest individual drivers get the most points, no wonder so many try to reach Top Gear this way. Her symbol is the Stopwatch, making it the Distinctive Icon of the Dromers.

Lord Goodwood favors sportsmanlike behaviour. Close and clean racing, respect towards your opponent, taking defeat well - these are the things expected from you.

Dori-Dori is the embodiment of irreverent fun. He judges your driving style, rewarding daredevil feats. If you wanna get on his good side, getting mad angle is your best bet.
>>
The tribe's cultural music better be the Initial D soundtrack. It's the anthem of sick drifting, an important part in any good race.
>>
File: aftermath_by_the__kyza-d6ybb1u.jpg (275KB, 1600x842px) Image search: [Google]
aftermath_by_the__kyza-d6ybb1u.jpg
275KB, 1600x842px
>>207287
Death Race trilogy could work as a source of inspiration. When OP comes back we should muse some more on the tribes look, feel and background. See what of these ideas is acceptable and fill in the gaps/make some more coolshit for our faction.
>>
File: DSC_0128.jpg (107KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0128.jpg
107KB, 800x531px
>>207287
>>207287
Shame we didn't roll the "Sound Systems" vehicle quirk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7hJ7QGZCCY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3gdIFovZC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRa7t-692v8

Also, there totally should be a "Race Inspired" vehicle quirk. Just to see the post-nuke bosozoku.
>>
>>207861
>that music
>bosozoku

please no
>>
Quest dead? Or OP just ran away like a faggot?
>>
What is even going on in this thread? I just got here.
>>
>>208765
Fleshing out our warboys for a Fury Road kind of quest. But our QM bailed on us as it seems.
>>
>>208765
Another dead quest, it would seem.
>>
Did OP run away like a fucking punk?
>>
>>213693
OP is a faggot, what did you expect? Axioms man, it's hard to beat them.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.