[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Native American Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: mapoftrash.png (173KB, 1786x1068px) Image search: [Google]
mapoftrash.png
173KB, 1786x1068px
lets do a native american thread.

So pretend that you and your tribe has reached the new world! Everyone has reached the north american continent. Let's imagine its around 15,000 BC. No plants domesticated in eurasia or anywhere else.
Now i know that in real life native americans kinda had shit for resources so lets make it a little easier for them:

I'll make "change" some native animals so that they are:
-friendlier to humans
-wont panic easily
-easy to control with social hierarchy
-(may be bigger)
its up you to find and domesticate them though
ALSO PLANTS:
-bigger seeds
-easier to find mutations (eg acorns will become able to continue to produce edible acorns after one generation rather than produce poison ones the next)

Ok so now that thats done, just pick a region of the map, and "name" the tribe. Please try to use regions specific names in accordance to history. You will all start out with the same hunter-gatherer tradition, however as you explore your surroundings and (maybe) decide to settle, you can advance your culture. This will work alot like the other civ threads.

However there is NO MAGIC. Ok? I know this is a QUEST board, but lets do this semi legit. Maybe later rituals will go in accordance with dice???

Anyway i dont wanna make the intro TOO long, so just post any questions. I wont get in too in depth with the enviroment around you, you have to figure out what it is yourself. Probobly picking an enviroment that you're familiar with is best.

I just wanna emphasize the point that this is alternate history and therefore the tribes will not be entirely the same as the real life equivelents. This isnt meant to be a fun thing, dont be a SJW fuck
>>
How do we create tribes?
>>
>>202912
just save the map and color it in on paint and give me a name.

or just tell me the general region and ill color it in for you. Also pick a color
>>
>>202980
This area. Aspara for the color
A bunch of Philippine folks decided to cross the ocean.
They are The Mo'Hanoi
>>
File: PicsArt_05-29-08.36.37.jpg (555KB, 1786x1068px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_05-29-08.36.37.jpg
555KB, 1786x1068px
>>203046
Shit forgot picture
Also I'm on a phone I don't have paint. I can only retarded draw stuff.
>>
>>203056
you prefer a color?
>>
>>203109
Aspara. That brown green color
>>
>>202886
I'll be gold, along the south-eastern seaboard.

Cherokee me up :^)
>>
File: mapoftrash.png (176KB, 1786x1068px) Image search: [Google]
mapoftrash.png
176KB, 1786x1068px
One of the migrating tribes from alaska was special.

They were a small group from the Phillipine islands. After being forced to move away because of their small numbers to another piece of land, eventually they went following after large herd animals to the americas. It was cold and harsh. Additionally they were not used to the cold. They struggled to get past it. By the time they made it to a place where there was no more winter. They were happy to stay there forever.

Additionally another small band of people have decided to stay within a certain amount of land. They all have one thing in common. A single language. The people. The Cherokee.
>>
>>203170
fun fact, cherokee isnt even a cherokee word, apparently it comes from another tribe that called them: "spearkers of another language"
>>
>>203170
How are turns going to be structured OP?
>>
>>203225
have you played any other civ thread before?

well start with two moves per turn:

each move can be a:
-culture: create or modify a tradition.
-tech: learn tech
-action: make tribe do something

eg your first turn may be:

action: search for edible plants
action: search for animals
tech: learn how to create stone spear tips
>>
>>203239
>excuse me

there are only two turns, not 3

action: search for plants
tech: stone tips
^^^^

lets assume your tribe has been eating stored meat from last winter, and berries from other areas and you migrated to your current area recently. So you have to discover new kinds of food sources
>>
We may as well start, if new tribes wanna join in, they can.

You know they call America the land of opportunity...That is true, but for people besides the natives. Due to cursed with bad luck in high nutritional crops and animals that are unsuitable for domestication they were defeated by the european's diseases, advanced technology, and sheer numbers. This time the scales are more balanced. Can you turn the test of the ages and stop the europeans from ruining your way of life?

TURN 1 START

reply here for turns
>>
>>203295
action: search for edible plants and game
tech: research weapons/hunting tools
>>
>>203320
oop, dis cherokee

oo booga

also if I can only look for animals OR plants, and not both, I'll stick to looking for just animals.
>>
>>203295
OP are you kill
>>
File: Cherokee!.png (39KB, 1095x634px) Image search: [Google]
Cherokee!.png
39KB, 1095x634px
>>203346
The Cherokee spent the next few generations learning the land. There is fish, deer, rabits, coyotes, berries, turtles, bears, and roots.

They also develop stone tipped spears which can be used to more effectivly pierce animals.

As a byproduct, fire is discovered from rocks being hit to produce more spearheads! Now disease run less rampant and therefore more people are around
>>
>>203414
Hunt animals and shit for hide and meat, assuming we don't already have these.

Then, use the hide to develop clothing.
>>
>>203458
1. you must wait for the other guy to do his turn
2. you already have hide clothing
>>
I'm going to bed now, but I'm suggesting someone takes over as either the Assiniboine, or Navajo.
>>
>>203531
I'll take over navajo

Stone tools are to become the norm
Bows are created to hunt
>>
>>203544
should i highlight the actual provinces the navajo were at or do you wanna pick? Also what color.

heres a sheet for cherokee.

>im might move for Mo'Hanoi if they dont go to move things along soon
>>
>>203570
Just highlight their actual provinces, also I pick red
>>
File: Navajo!.png (9KB, 1095x634px) Image search: [Google]
Navajo!.png
9KB, 1095x634px
>>203544
A tribe with no name has made it to the desolate south. Much of it is just desert, however some people seem determined to make it their home. Plants are scarce, but stone tools are pleantiful. Trade seems like a viable option to obtain food.
>>
File: mapoftrash.png (176KB, 1786x1068px) Image search: [Google]
mapoftrash.png
176KB, 1786x1068px
new map, if youre wondering why different sizes, its because some territory is worth more in terms of resources. If you want to know exact terms, just think about whether or not the land there is arable, or how much food you can find.
>>
>>203295
Aztec
southern Texas
dark red
>>
>>203295

>Quinsigamond Tribe
>Central Massachusetts
>Green
>>
>>204292
Pretty much the biggest piece in Massachusetts, little bit of history to make OP's life easier. The Quinsigamond were fishermen and deer-hunters due to the huge amount of small ponds and lakes and temperate forests.
>>
File: mapoftrash.png (180KB, 1786x1068px) Image search: [Google]
mapoftrash.png
180KB, 1786x1068px
just woke up, here's new map:

btw aztecs sorry i couldnt do more south, i couldnt find a map that included canada and mexico
>>
File: MoHanoi.png (9KB, 1095x634px) Image search: [Google]
MoHanoi.png
9KB, 1095x634px
Anyway moving for Mo'Hanoi:
>action: look for plants/animals
>action: stone tools
>>
aztecs and quinsigamond, come up with lore and moves.
>>
>>204692
I'm bad at lore. A group of Aztecs migrated north from Mexico.

Aztecs
action: search for edible plants
tech: research atlatls
>>
Sorry it took so long. Here is my lore:

After the Great Native Schism, The Mohawk, Nipmuc, Abnaki and the Narra-Gansett decided that the only way to solve the land issue is to create a whole new tribe in a centralized location.

After traveling for several days from all four corners, two of the envoys met up at a giant lake surrounded by rivers, they decided this will be our new home, they found the other two envoys and told them to relate the message: "We are home."

As the Mohawk and Abnaki are clearing a location next to the lake they noticed many long-nosed fish (pickerel) and decided that their new tribe will be called "Quin'siga'mond" or "Long-nose Fishing Place." Thus, the Quinsigamond people are born!

action: build spears for fishing
tech: research better rafts
>>
>Name
Chinook
>Color
Blue
>Location
Mouth of the Columbia River (border of WA and OR closest to the Pacific Ocean)
>Lore
The Chinook people were primarily a tribe based on trade and fishing along the Columbia River and the Pacific coast. Their position on the mouth of the Columbia meant that they were a hub of trading amongst the peoples of the Pacific Northwest. They practiced head deformation (specifically flattening the heads of infants at birth) and slavery.
Actions:
I. Survey surrounding area for resources and objects of interest
II. Stone tools
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.