[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer: 40,000 Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: w40k_commanders.jpg (5MB, 3834x1667px) Image search: [Google]
w40k_commanders.jpg
5MB, 3834x1667px
Alright /qst/, let's have a W40k thread. Imagine this to be like the Kronus or Kaurava campaigns from the Dawn of War games in that you pick a faction and relevant commander, but much more open-ended and narrative driven. Any of the leaders you choose can command a canon or non-canon regiment, chapter, kabal, etc etc. Feel free to be creative.

Your choices are:

1. an Eldar Autarch (Craftworld, Exodite, whatever)
2. an Imperial Guard general
3. a Space Marine Chapter-Master
4. a Dark Eldar Archon
5. a Magos of the Adeptus Mechanicus
6. A Canoness of an Orders Militant
7. A Shas'o Tau commander
8. A Chaos Space Marine Chapter-Master or Champion
9. A Necron Lord
10. A Tyranid Hive Tyrant
11. An Ork Warboss
12. A Greater Daemon
13. An Inquisitor (pick an Ordo, any Ordo)

First to 5 votes gets chosen, after that I'll open up the floor to backstory/context/etc, and after hearing the masses I'll spin a little something. After that, all actions are up to you all, I'll take the the one with the most votes after a few minutes. Open ended, if you want more structure tell me and I can do that.
>>
Oh I suppose you can be a Harlequin Troupe Master if you reaaaaaaaaaly want to
>>
bump for interest
>>
File: 2SvM9ad.jpg (759KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
2SvM9ad.jpg
759KB, 1500x1125px
bumping with wallpapers
>>
File: mYNSrQR.jpg (228KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mYNSrQR.jpg
228KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: Emmkjvv.jpg (544KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Emmkjvv.jpg
544KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: IK2YOML.jpg (319KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
IK2YOML.jpg
319KB, 1680x945px
>>
File: UfY6Oj6.jpg (489KB, 1920x1080px)
UfY6Oj6.jpg
489KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: uaCpFzZ.jpg (468KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
uaCpFzZ.jpg
468KB, 2000x1125px
>>
File: TZerTzi.jpg (624KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TZerTzi.jpg
624KB, 1920x1080px
>>
I guess this thread is as dead as the God-Emperor's corpse

;_;
>>
>>201218
>>201461
Jaysus son, what timezone are ye? It willnae pick up for a while, I've noticed. That being said, if you haven't given up on this I'm gonna go with Inquisitor of the Malleas Ordo also goin to bed now, so hopefully this picks up and you haven't abandoned ship.
>>
>>201461
Going for the Orks

This is a slow board, but if you want more traffic you could perhaps link the thread with /tg/, there are plenty of 40k enthusiats there
>>
>>201218
>4. a Dark Eldar Archon
Let's break the mold a little.
>>
>>201218

I'll be a chapter-master
>>
I vote Necron or Thousand-Sons.
>>
>>202011

Voting for Orks also
>>
>8. A Chaos Space Marine Chapter-Master or Champion

POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESSSSSS
>>
>>201218
>13. An Inquisitor
Ordo Chronos
>>
>>205127
I second this, but only if we become Space Egyptians
>>
>>202045

Seconding!

But only for Haemonculi
>>
>>201218
A Necron Lord
>>
What the fuck. I make this thread yesterday evening, and now it's picking off 24 hours later. This is truly a magical board. Alright I guess I'll roll with it
>>
Ok so the score so far

2 for Inquisitor (Ordo Malleus and Ordo Chronos)
2 for da Orkz
2 for Dark Eldar
2 for Necron
2 for CSM
1 for Spess Mahreens
>>
>>205695

OP I'd like to change my vote for CSM. That alright?
>>
>>205801

HERESY *BLAM*

In all seriousness that's cool with me
>>
>>205818

Alright nice, thanks op. So can we start now? Or not yet?
>>
>>205864
Well it seems like there's only you here, so I'd like a few more people in the thread and an agreed upon faction before we begin. If there are any lurkers, speak now so that your presence is known
>>
>>205899
I'm here too.
>>
I vote inquisitor
>>
So either we go Inquisitor or CSM, tied with 3.
>>
>>206022
Chaos Space Marine all the way.
>>
Ok I'm willing to run CSM. Whoever is currently monitoring this thread post so I can get a good audience and a concord on picking CSM. I want to get started with writing, so after y'all post we can lay down some backstory
>>
>>206121
I'm still here
>>
>>206121
New thread then?
>>
>>206121

So am I
>>
CHAOS SPACE MARINES IT IS.

Now, the first order of business is to decide who the fuck our MC is. I'll take votes on what Chaos God we want, what Legion to be a part of, and other general backstory. Whatever you guys suggest I'll try to incorporate it together
>>
>>206162
I vote Tzeentch and if we don't create our own Legion than the Thousand Suns
>>
>>206162
Malal?
>>
>>206174
You can't worship something that doesn't exist friend.
>>
>>206173
I can write up some stuff for a Tzeentch flavored Legion unless you want to provide your own ideas
>>
>>206162

A follower of Chaos Undivided: mostly leaning to Khorne and Nurgle. The marine is a part of the either the Black Legion or Word Bearers, either or I say. Or if we made our own chapter/ legion:

Call them The Soul-flayers
>>
>>206209
The reason that I lean towards Chaos Undivided is because it allows for a diversity in writing different characters that aren't our MC. Our warband can be a mish-mash of differing CSMs with all four alignments. Having a more distinct leaning for our MC would be helpful though
>>
>>206207
I'm not too good at the whole creativity thing, so you should probably do that, if you want.
>>
>>206162
I'm going to vote nurgle
>>
>>206217

Exactly, I'd say lean mostly towards Khorne. Because goddamnit! I want out MC to be making terrible puns involving Khorne flakes and Khorne bread
>>
Since everyone has suggested the three Chaos Gods besides Slaanesh, I have decided to make our MC worship all three except Slaanesh. In fact, our MC will be the anti-Slaanesh - eschewing all forms of pleasure or happiness, in favor of pissing everyone else off, whether that be through Tzeentch levels of trolling and JUST AS PLANNED dickery, Khornate bloodlust and hacking through bodies, or making people suffer through extremely annoying diseases and malaise and pleasing Grandpapa Nurgle. What is the name of our Champion for Chaos Slightly Divided?
>>
>>206285
So we're going to stay pretty quiet and low key with our bloodlust? Sounds good
>>
>>206287
If it makes our enemies annoyed and displeasured at the sound of bellowing RAGE then we will RIP AND TEAR IN THE NAME OF THE BLOOD GOD. But if it aggravates them more to strike from the shadows, we will do that instead. Oh, and our champion is going to have multiple personality disorder, to better represent different posters in the thread and also to split amongst the different Gods. MC will refer to themselves as "we" a la Smeagol/Gollum.
>>
>>206294
Actually I might just throw a bit of Slaanesh-personality in there, but she/he/it will be hated by all the other 3 personalities of our champion. Or all 4 could hate each other, and our MC is a walking representation of the Great Game and their conflict.
>>
>>206294

I say we name him Taro Victus. Because what's better than killing Ultramarines with a CSm with an UM-esque name?

>>206301

If they all hate one another, will they just try harming the body? I'm having slight trouble understanding
>>
>>206311
No, because it's not like all 4 Chaos Gods are using MC as an avatar of sorts, rather MC has been so fucked up by the Warp that his personality has split into four shards, each resembling one of the Chaos Gods. However, self-preservation overrides all and all four personalities recognize that staying alive and furthering the goals of Chaos are paramount.
>>
>>206317

Alright then got it.
>>
If the one true God Malal isn't an option I like the Chaos Slightly Undivided (Nurg/Tzeench/Khorne) idea
>>
Just make him an undivided champion of a lesser Black Legion vassal. Leaves all of our options open, gives us a lot of freedom in what we want to do and with whom, and means that we do have nominal superiors in case we need a bit of rails to keep us on track.
>>
FIRE ALL GUNS! DO IT NOW! BLOW THE CRAFT INTO THE IMMATERRIUM

Now now, let's not get hasty. We can toy with these pathetic creatures just a bit longer. All part of my plan, you see!

FUCK YOUR PLAN! FIRE ALL GUNS NOW!

Taro Victus swings his Crozius mace and crushes the head of an unfortunate Marine. The other Marines, smarter than their late comrade, punch in calculations to their consoles.

The broadsides of the Battle Barge Chaos' Lash roared to life, firing their destructive payloads into the side of the Tau transport. The shells ripped straight through the hull's weak armor, and the vessel promptly exploded in a spectacular finale.

YES! MORE EXPLOSIONS!

Calm down, now. You've killed what could have been excellent subjects for testing.

Or I could have tested new... gifts on those blue-y creatures...

Mmmm, or even better, I want to know what they feel like all over my-

SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU! I WANT MORE EXPLOSIONS!

Simple as ever. You can never think of anything besides killing. Alright, take us into the Warp. Let us see what that fool Abaddon wants. Probably another failed attempt to blunder outside the Eye of Terror...again.

The drives of Lash spun up, and with a blink the battle barge was gone.

The Marines of the Soul Flayers hated Lord Victus. No matter what god they sought patronage from, all hated the mercurial and displeasing behavior of their commander. The only thing keeping them in check was the sheer power of Taro Victus. By some chance, the four gods of the Warp had decided to bless, or curse depending on your perspective, the Lord of the Soul Flayers with aspects of each of them. This made his unholiness as powerful as he was unpredictable. As such, he was favored by Warmaster Abaddon, and Victus had made a rapid climb up the ranks in the Black Legion through cunning and bloodletting alike. He rose so far that he was able to form his own warband out of the ranks of the Black Legion, which became the Soul Flayers. Since its formation in the 10th Black Crusade, Victus and his Chaos Space Marines had been a scourge on the Segmentum Obscurus for a couple of milennia now. Recently, Victus has moved his warband out to the Eastern Fringe, to prey on the fledgeling Tau Empire's holdings.

What shall our capricious Chaos Lord do next?

1. Head into the Eye of Terror to link up with other Chaos forces for the 13th Black Crusade
2. Fuck the others and continue rampaging around the Eastern Fringe
3. Something else?

Be as specific as you want. Sorry this took a while, I needed to come up with a semi-decent expo (even though it is still kinda shitty)
>>
>>206455
>MC literally has a retarded Chaos sitcom in his head at all times
>MC casually killing team-killing for literally no reason
The MC should fucking die. Right now, spontaneously. Why are 40k quests doomed to be shit?
>>
>>206455
>Fuck the others and continue rampaging (for now)
>>
>>206478
Do you wanna write this? Because if you think you'll do it better, by all means go ahead.
>>
>>206503
Should we at least call? Give them an excuse or an elaborate lie? I'm thinking we should.
>>
>>206519
Ok yea elaborate lie about how what we're doing now is for the GREATER GOOD. (Or do destroy the greater good anyway.)
>>
>>206519

Let's tell them we're making blueberry pie to give to everyone once we're done
>>
>>206542
>>206549
Yeah yeah, and then, here's where the lie kicks in, we bring them a cherry pie!
>>
File: dastardly.png (558KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dastardly.png
558KB, 1920x1200px
>>206553
>>
>>206561
We are the epitome of evil.
>>
So is this quest/thread dead?
>>
op u still there?
>>
>>212110
I don't think so Anon, I think we're all alone.
>>
>>212110
This quest is deader than The Emperor.
>>
>>212717
What happened to OP I wonder, this seemed like it might be fun ya know.
>>
>>212721
yeah wish I had got here at the very beginning during char gen. I was hoping to play mechanicus. and go full on heretek up in this bitch
>>
>>213191
Even if you were here that early I get the feeling we would still be in the same predicament.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.