[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qst/'s Dictatorship Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: support-dictator.jpg (28KB, 562x315px) Image search: [Google]
support-dictator.jpg
28KB, 562x315px
You stand on the marble balcony of your presidential palace... well it's more autocratic but you don't tell the UN or the International Criminal Court that.

Elections are coming up. Apparently your legislature decided that elections were a "good thing" and are needed to "preserve the rights of the citizens" so that it would "garner support from the democratic nations around us so we don't starve like neglected dogs due to recent droughts". You scoff at the notion, yet inside you feel a bit worried. You did a lot of bad things to get here, I mean, a lot. Surely there must be some way to keep in power?

Well, we'll cover the basics first.
>What is your country name?
>What kind of government does it have?
>Is it more communist or capitalist?
>What majorities and minorities make up your country?
>Are you going to have problems with repressed groups of citizens?
>Are you going to take a harsh or mild approach to staying in power?
>>
>>198575
>Dulskuria
>Corporate Dicatorship
>Absolutely Capitalist
>majority of people are ethnic Dulskarians, but foreign workers are also present, albeit in a normally lower social standing
>most trouble comes from loyalists to the theocratic government that you toppled not too long ago, though the odd communist or democratic insurrectionist group are present too.
>though it's going to appear mild, we are going to take violent subversive actions. Our secret police are going to be a best feiends.
>>
>>198687
Supporting this but instead of theocratic loyalists, I suggest republic loyalists.
>>
File: ingsoc.png (547KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
ingsoc.png
547KB, 500x750px
>>198687
>>198763
You were always the best at business, especially shady business. The idea was simple enough. You invested and invested into this small country, building up it's only industry by yourself, purchasing security guards. Soon enough all of the countries production and manufacturing was owned by you, and all you had to do was shut down the plants and starve the country long enough for you to purchase some more "security" and take over the country, violently disposing of the old President and his cabinet.

Eventually your economic buddies caught wind of your tax haven ultra-capitalist free market society and began to move in themselves, forming an elite caste of CEOs, with you at the head. Your country went from zero to hero, having the highest growing GDP of any country in the history of the world. As long as you kept buying inspectors and paying the police, you prospered. But then the UN and NATO caught wind of your little scheme and forced you to hold an election in the next five months.

In any other country you would have been lauded as such an innovator and builder, but here, your work reforms and lack of social funding has led to a large group of the working class to hate you and your cabinet of wealthy businessmen while they wallow in dirty water, freeze in their unheated houses and starve when they can't afford bread with the meagre wages you pay them. Not only that, but a majority of the members you deposed of the former government have used their wealth to purchase an army of mercenaries in the mountains.

Things may seem dark, but you always have more money to buy more things, and your secret police is no joke. The Dulskurian Protection Corps, the DPC, would make the KGB look like a playground bully. We're talking waterboarding mixed with electrocution and hallucinogenic torture. With this black arm of your power, you can expect to keep, for the most part, Dulskuria from descending into outright civil war, but with the threat of the former government and the growing dissent from your workers, what are you ever going to do?
>>
>>198898
Time to pay off some opponents, silence some nay-sayers, and make the public love you.
>>
>>198898
Pass out free shit!
>>
>>198898
Give them more food.
>>
Is there a way we can "suffer" a natural disaster? Maybe a quick rock slide or avalanche hits and we can "rescue" the "survivors" in the mountain "housing district"?
>>
>>199049
Almost forgot something important. Get some innocents in the "disaster zone" to help. Good media coverage should at least be honest, for the most part.
>>
>>198952
>>198948
Your attempts to win the populace with free stuff fails horribly as the convoy carrying the supplies is ambushed my hungry peasants and it gets nowhere. The promise of free food ends up being unfulfilled, making the peasantry even angrier.

>>198936
You use a large sum of your income to convince some of your more soft opponents to live out the rest of their days in either a nice large house on a hill or in an unmarked grave on the side of a road. Most choose the former, as expected. Operation Silencer is a resounding success, with your political opposition melting away with the flick of a hand. The more moderate parties were easily taken care of, but the militant Republicans and the Communist hardliners weren't so easily removed. Some of them even killed your own DPC. Such insolence is intolerable, as it makes you look vulnerable, something that should never occur.

Status
Time Until Elections: 5 Months
Chances of Winning: Low
Funds: 1.2 billion USD
Popularity with the People: Bad
Popularity with the Rich: Pretty good
Rebel Groups: Republican mercenaries and Dulskurian Communists
>>
>>199079
Also last update for the night
>>
>>199086
See you later
>>
>>199086
I just got here.
>>
>>199086
>>199079

Buy tanks. Lots of them.
>>
Set up acts of terrorism and make it look like a radical minority group or the former government did it during several of you relief and care events. Make sure that their is plenty of civilian casualties and so that you can foil some of the later acts of terrorism making your police/military look competent
use this to promote a sense of national pride and unity, as well as trust that you will protect them.

Create fear and Become the good guy
>>
>>199049
>>199771
It was so simple, it's always simple. Take a man, put a bomb on him and blow him up in city square. Sure, it may not be moral, but who needs morality when you have money and power? You waited an hour or two before sending in a relief effort, which was a great idea. You also do something absolutely vile and blame the terrorist attack on the Republican rebel group, greatly harming their campaign and making you top dog for now.

All is not well though. Labor strikes have shut down a majority of the factories in your south, greatly hampering your ability to produce goods and make money.
>>
>>200964
Build more police stations and create secret police.
Police will "gain" voters for us.
Sign secret wiretapping edict, secret police must know what civizens talking about.

Find the most dissatisfied people and send them to coal mines.
>>
>>200964
Try to find out and address some of the workers issues. We cannot maintain power even if all the threats are dealt with, when the conditions for them to be made in the first place remain.

Establish a Civic code to protect they people, but still in our favour.
No unions and no minimum wages.

Make elections every 8 to 10 or 12 years so we don't have to spend too much energy and money on this bullshit "democracy" too often.

>The Dulskurian Protection Corps
We shall remanme them the Gestapo. Our secret police was founded by an old school German escaped nazi.
>>
>>201286
No, being nazis will make the JewN hate us more. We shouldn't change the name for now.
I agree with the worker part though
>>
>>202851
I just want a less lame, or maybe inconspicuous name. Like Sanitation Agency or something. We could justify the name change as dismantling our secret police to the UN. But in truth we just reorganized and changed the name in reality, and maybe change how public or obvious they are when they operate.
>>
>>202937
Ooh, the Sanitation Agency sounds nice. That's a great idea.
>>
>>200964
Bribe the leaders to get the worker back onside. Offer a very token pay increase to the larger element of the workforce if they stop striking.

In regards to the elections, the international community didn't say how they had to be run. We need to:
- Gerrymander electoral districts to centralize opposition groups, limiting the amount of candidates they can elect
- Change the constitution so that only property owners have the right to vote
- Institute a system of wealth weighted voting, so that the more you pay in taxes, the more votes you have. 3 brackets ought to do it

This will ensure that the majority of the people voting are those who are benefiting from our free market paradise, and not the unwashed masses
>>
>>- Institute a system of wealth weighted voting, so that the more you pay in taxes, the more votes you have. 3 brackets ought to do it
>>
>>203226
I doubt we even have a constitution, maybe one left over from the last government, but its not like we follow it.

I dislike the weighted voting system. It would be too easy for the west or outsiders to criticize that.

I do like the property owner Claus though.

Screw gerrymandering. Make it so politicians and elected representatives need to be approved by a oversight committee before they can run as candidates.

We do a one party system, or maybe a no party. Just a "government"....
>>
>>203272
The wealth weighted system could be quite unpopular wort the international community - true. But so would a political oversight committee.

I'm in favour of gerrymandering because it's subtle. As long as you keep the electorate borders looking okay, it is super hard to find or describe to people.

We don't really have a 'government', we are merely the largest corporatation and land holder in the country. De facto government if you will.
>>
>>203266
I agree with this. Let's just limit their ability to vote. Have voting cost a hefty ammount, so much that only our rich companions can cast a vote. Also make it so that everyone can buy as many votes as they want.
>>
>>204045
Its working in Hong Kong right now, and it got very little attention from the rest of the world, especially after the novelty wore off. I just don't want to spend all that money gerrymandering (we corporate, money is like our religion, and keeping it is a important principle.)

I suppose we can also split the vote, by allowing multiple candidates for the opposition to run in one area. We should state that If a solid unified political block, congress, parliament cannot form, then the power shall remain in/with the current government until one is finalized.

>De facto government
I like the sound of that. But we should be The government soon.
>>
What if we offer better working conditions and pay raises if we get the vote (then not actually do that lmao)?
>>
>>204082
Then we need a shoot them after,since they will probably revolt after that or go back to striking, and they will not believe future promises so easily.
>>
>>203226
Backing this
>>
Have the big employers in your country slightly lower wages for their workers.
Create labour unions to represent your workers and to negotiate better terms for your workers. Find some unknown loyal men to run for positions in the unions and negotiate new minimum and median wages that are only slightly higher than the old ones(which were only slightly lower than the older ones.).

People will think you a defender of their rights and the capitalist's profits won´t decrease.
>>
>>201286
I like the idea of changing elections, but I think we should allow certain unions. All we have to do is make sure the current heads of the strikes with people who work for us. Workers are happy and stop striking because they feel like there voice is heard. We're happy because they actually aren't. Bribing current strike leaders might have the opposite effect if they are truly sympathetic and might strengthen the resolve of the workers, or worse, push them to rebel. Once they are replaced and not in the public eye we can take care of them.

>>203266
I like this idea, but I don't think we can overtly say we care about people with more wealth, it needs to be more subtle.
>>
>>206074
I'm digging this idea guys.
>>
>>206153
We just use our propaganda machine. We create a narrative behind an upper-middle class family, something that the downtrodden can empathise with and inspire to.

We use their example to show that those who work hard should have a greater say than the 'losers'. Poor / drug addicts / immigrants'
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.