[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reality Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Welcome to Reality Quest! You are a student with a head full of clouds and a passion for adventure. You just waved goodbye to your family as they drove off, leaving you in a town you have never entered before. You are told it is called Heber City.

Eventually, you'll need to make it to the city of Fort Collins, but you had better get your bearings and make preparation to leave first.

What do you do first?

Guidelines:
- Everything is real here. I can't draw, so it's easier this way.
- Legal and ethical actions have a higher chance of keeping you out of jail.
- If you take too long to decide on a course of action, your legs and arms may start moving on their own.
>>
>>196613
Look in mirror so we know our gender, looks, etc.

Also, why are we here?
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>Look in mirror so we know our gender, looks, etc.
You have no mirror, but perhaps a sideways photo will do. You are an average-looking guy about 20 years old. You have been cursed with poor eyesight, so you wear glasses. You are told that adventurers wear Edgy Black Shirts.

>Also, why are we here?
Ever since you can remember, you have yearned for adventure and the feel of the open road. D&D taught you that it's really not that hard, and you get lots of gold along the way! And it feels right. It feels important that you go.
>>
>>196651
What's in our inventory and backpack?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
> What's in our inventory and backpack?

You have a deck of playing cards, a GameCube controller, and maybe a dice bag if you remembered it.

More practically, a bivy sack and sleeping bag, water, changes of clothes, hygiene items, a first aid kit, charging cords, a laptop, an iPhone, and four pounds of trail mix. You have no hat.

Also, $100. Adventurers never start with much money.
>>
>>196681
I'm excited already.

Investigate the domed building on the right of your first photo.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>Investigate the domed building on the right of your first photo.

It is a magnificent structure, constructed as a house of worship, corrupted to a house of politics. Alas, today is Saturday and you can do no more than gaze at its interior. Parked out front is what claims to be an official adventure vehicle, but it has no attendant adventurers.

Alas, calamity has struck. You left one of your water bottles in the departing car. Before the day is out, you may need to buy another. Other priorities include buying or diving for dinner and deciding on a sleeping place. But you are flexible and most things can wait as necessary.
>>
>>196765
Let's examine that monument. Looking at monuments is the third rule of adventuring!
>>
File: image.jpg (339KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339KB, 1024x1024px
>Let's examine that monument. Looking at monuments is the third rule of adventuring

Ah, so it is! The monument appears to be a memorial to celebrate a family of earlier settlers to the region, much like your own Ancestors. It reminds you that your family is now far away.

Nearby is a piece of Abstract Art.

You will most likely start to wander Southward, perhaps to a nearby Store or Restaurant. What are you in the mood for?
>>
>>196844
Strip club
>>
>>196844
After so much of my wasteful dithering, it seems churlish to contradict >>196849. Strip club it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (286KB, 1205x904px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286KB, 1205x904px
First: This is Utah. The nearest strip club is 29 miles away.

Second: You are quite certain that nobody would pay to see you strip.

Third: No.

You do need a way to make money at some point to fund your adventures, though, so it was not a bad idea, all things considered.

You continue South.
>>
>>196879
Attract pigeons with the trail mix. Then try to befriend them.
>>
>>196912
>>196879
Tame some pigeons
>>
File: 1460769127985.jpg (38KB, 541x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460769127985.jpg
38KB, 541x640px
>>196879
Go to the store and but some whey and start lifting breh.
>>
File: image.jpg (259KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259KB, 1024x1024px
>Attract pigeons with the trail mix. Then try to befriend them.

> Tame some pigeons

Now we're talking. You look valiantly for pigeons throughout the town, but there are none to be found. Other birds reject your overtures of friendship. Fortunately, you foresaw the day you would be called upon to befriend pigeons, and your sister and cat rose to the task of bringing them up. You have lots of pigeon friends!

Location update in a moment.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
> Go to the store and but some whey and start lifting breh.

You dream of whey and your heart yearns to buy it, but you need filthy lucre if you are to sustain such purchases. How are you to obtain such funds as an Adventurer?

As consolation, you do 20 push-ups with your backpack on.

You are here.
>>
>>197031
That looks awesome, OP. Are those racing pigeons?
>>
>>197057
Get a hotdog or some sort of similar snack to go, and a couple of bottles of water. Then see if you can find a park.
>>
File: image.jpg (286KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286KB, 1024x1024px
> That looks awesome, OP. Are those racing pigeons?

You have no racing pigeons. A couple are show pigeons, but your sister raises them as a hobby. You are the beneficiary. You have also left behind eight chickens, two cats, two rabbits, two geese, a parakeet, and a dog. None were willing to leave the safety of home to join in your venture.

> Get a hotdog or some sort of similar snack to go, and a couple of bottles of water. Then see if you can find a park.

On the way to the sporting goods store where you hope to obtain water, you find an Abandoned Shop, a Sketchy Roadside Trampoline, and some Perfectly Good Dumpster Bread. You are now diligently searching for water bottles. Anything else to look out for while at the store?
>>
>>197179
Get a can of pop and a cereal bar.

Then keep on looking for a park.

Hug that car park tree on the way out.
>>
File: image.jpg (296KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296KB, 1024x1024px
> Then keep on looking for a park. Hug that car park tree on the way out.

Park acquired! Funds remaining: $88.75. Battery: 55%. You are beginning to grow weary of your much walking.

As you approach the park, chewing on dumpster bread, you feel that perhaps it is time to reveal Key Backstory Elements while you rest.

You are twenty years old and are an avid reader, writer, and internet surfer. You play a lot of Super Smash Bros but are Not Very Good. Back at school, you studied Philosophy. Or Computer Science. Or something. Your only adventure-related skills are willingness to walk a lot and a side of willful insanity.

And yet here you are.

You will answer questions or stock up on suggestions while you rest.
>>
>>197307
Thanks for running this adventure, OP, even if I'm the only one here. I think it's fun and cool. I'm a brit, so I might have to go to bed soon as it's about 2:30 AM.

As for questions, what camera are we using? And how much trail mix have we eaten?
>>
>>197336
Wait, obviously a phone camera. Again, I'm posting at about 2:30 AM.

Can we choose playlists for you from Youtube?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
> Thanks for running this adventure, OP, even if I'm the only one here. I think it's fun and cool. I'm a brit, so I might have to go to bed soon as it's about 2:30 AM.

No worries! Since it's the first day, I'm still working on the format. It may turn out that more sporadic updates will be better and more action-packed, though I'd like to retain elements of collaborative storytelling as much as I can.

> As for questions, what camera are we using? And how much trail mix have we eaten?
You are using the camera on your trusty all-purpose iPhone that might even be charged at some points during this adventure. You have eaten one small handful of trail mix after unsuccessfully throwing a few peanuts at birds. Now you are eating 3 dollars of Wendy's hamburgers to regain your might.
>>
>>197374
Eat those burgers and keep our CON up!
>>
Find the nearest bar and get drunk.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
> Eat those burgers and keep our CON up!

CON has been maxed.

> Find the nearest bar and get drunk.

You finally drank some water with your hamburgers and got drunk enough to assume the park was a bar. Nice monument, though!

Monument count: 2
>>
>>197458
pffthahahahahahahaha I'm out. Reality Quest threads are boring and shit if the OP's a betacuck pussy. Enjoy your dead thread.
>>
>>197472
I think OP's kinda cute.

But you have a point. Disney World would be a legitimate option if I did this.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
> you have a point. Disney World would be a legitimate option if I did this.

Yeah. I see the point. I still think a live-action quest has potential, but it's a bit ill-suited to this sort of immediate action-reaction style. I'll continue on the quest on my own and maybe post another thread here in a more ideal part of the quest.

See you all around, /qst/
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.