[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fortress Quest 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

File: FQ_5.png (973KB, 2536x1424px) Image search: [Google]
FQ_5.png
973KB, 2536x1424px
You are an ex-noble. You were stripped of your land, titles and honor by your king, for your so-called "treachery". By your successful military campaigns you were able to amass a small fortune -- a fortune you have spent on gathering men and supplies to build a new home for yourself.

You have settled in the forests of Meadale, where the Elves are said to dwell (though you have seen none thus far) and where the air is always fresh.

The first season went well -- you built living quarters, a farm, a granary. You discovered an ore vein. You made contact with the locals and even entered into a trade agreement with them.

But this is only the beginning. Do you have the leadership to make this settlement into a thriving haven? Do you have the fortitude to defend it from all evils? In short, can you build a fortress to stand against time itself?

Post brother, and let's find out!
>>
>>190628
What are we growing in our farm?

I think we have the essential things covered. Perhaps we should make a cellar to store our meat and vegetables? What weapons do we have?
>>
Report for 3rd week of Summer

>Current Crew assignments
Farming: 2 Peasant, 1 Noble
Construction: 1 Peasant, 1 Engineer
Mining: 1 Smithy
Military: 1 Soldier

You begin construction on a WOODEN PALISADE (323wrk ~10 weeks remaining, -10 Lumber). Your engineer informs you there is not enough Lumber to continue construction (need 7 more Lumber).

You begin construction on a ROAD leading to the mine (382wrk, >2 Seasons remaining).

You start fishing at the nearby lake.
You obtain Food (meat) x2
You make some Simple Prepared Meals x4 (-4 meat)
You halt the digging of the 2nd farm for this week (82wrk, ~4wks remaining)

You mine the vein for Ore.
You obtain Ore x1, 7/(18) remaining in this vein

Your Military encounters no enemies.

You have the following provisions:
>Food (meat) x2
>Simple Prepared Meals (meat) x4
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x4
>Ore x1

You have the following equipment:
>Tools x1 (Construction Crew)

You have the following labor:
>Smithy x1
>Soldier x1
>Engineer x1
>Peasant x3
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic. Your mining crew grumbles about having to haul stone through a dense forest. Some of your men are complaining about having to share living quarters.

It is the 4th week of Summer, what will you do?
>>
>>190658
>What are we growing in our farm?
It doesn't matter for the purposes of the game mechanics but lets say Wheat.

>Perhaps we should make a cellar to store our meat and vegetables?
You've already built a granary

>What weapons do we have?
None to speak of. Your men have been hunting with makeshift wooden spears. Actual weapons can be bought or crafted from metal.
>>
>>190757
Let's dig a moat and put fish in it.
>>
>>190740
Damn. Those construction projects are a lot bigger than I was expecting. Also, damn, we need way more wood than I thought too.

Is the soldier exploring any of the countryside, or is he just looking around the camp?

>We have a miner when we need wood

I think we're good on ore and stone. Let's move him to lumber for now.

Also, do farmer fish too, or do we just have 3 farmers to prepare meals and stuff.
>>
>>190658
We're growing Plump helmets silly

But no, I like to think it's something simple and edible. Maybe corn?

Do not worry anon, our granery is keeping our foods safe for now. We have yet to get around to crafting us some good gear yet. But we found the ore for it at least.
>>
>>190944
The soldier is patrolling around the borders of your settlement.

Farmers fish; your cook was just on a roll that week.
>>
>>190960
>Farmer's fish
Alright cool. I was just making sure. In that case everything looks pretty good to me, except we need more lumber.
>>
>>190740
Did we just use up all the lumber that was planned for trading? Then put both the smith and the soldier to logging. I think finishing the farm is more important than the road (especially if nobody is mining), put the road guy to finishing the farm for now.
>>
We've lost a lot of the players from the beginning. I wonder why?

Report for 4th week of Summer

Carpentry: 1 Soldier, 1 Smithy
Farming: 2 Peasant, 1 Noble, 1 Peasant
Construction: 1 Engineer

Construction on the Wooden Palisade is halted due to insufficient building materials!
You continue construction on a road (328 ~14 weeks remaining)

You continue digging out the 2nd farm (28wrk, ~1wk remaining)

You log some trees.
You obtain Lumber x3

>Food (meat) x2
>Simple Prepared Meals (meat) x3
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x4
>Ore x1

>Smithy x1
>Soldier x1
>Engineer x1
>Peasant x3
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic. Some of your men are complaining about having to share living quarters.

It is the 5th week of Summer, what will you do?
>>
>>194845
Farming: *3 Peasant, 1 Noble
>Food (meat) x2
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x4
>Ore x1
*>Lumber x3
>>
Its exams. A lot of traffic are students
>>
>>194848
Whens the trade deal for animals?
>>
>>194845
>spoilers
Well. I was one of the first. Maybe they had other stuff to do.

>Crew assignments
Should be fine like it is. Prepare those meals, keep fishing just like that.

>Lumber
Set aside our stockpile so that at least 10 must be in it before any is used in construction until the trade deal is complete. The whole point of stocking up on it was for the trade.

Other than that things look fine to keep this way.
>>
Lets just get that Lumber.

I want the smithy to set up his anvil and a forge
>>
>>194867
Makes sense. Soon the summerfags will be upon us anyway.

>>194872
7th week of Summer

I'll just keep updating for now
>>
Report for the 5th week of Summer

Farming: 3 Peasant, 1 Noble

Construction on the Wooden Palisade is halted until more lumber is gathered (323wrk, ~10wks remaining)
You continue construction on a road (289wrk ~12 weeks remaining)

You halt digging out the 2nd farm (28wrk, ~1wk remaining)
You fish at the nearby lake.
You obtain Food (meat) x5
You make Simple Prepared Meals x1

You log some trees.
You obtain Lumber x2

>Food (meat) x7
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x4
>Ore x1
>Lumber x5

>Smithy x1
>Soldier x1
>Engineer x1
>Peasant x3
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic. Your men are complaining about having to share living quarters.

It is the 6th week of Summer. The traders from Stestead will be coming next week! What will you do?
>>
>>194986
EVERYONE ON LUMBER
>>
Report for the 6th week of Summer

Carpentry: All

All construction is halted.

You log some trees
You obtain Lumber x10
One of your peasants has grown skilled at Carpentry! Do you want to promote him to a Carpenter?

>Food (meat) x7
>Simple Prepared Meals (meat) x2
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x4
>Ore x1
>Lumber x15

>Smithy x1
>Soldier x1
>Engineer x1
>Peasant x3
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are optimistic. Your men are annoyed about having to share living quarters.

It is the 7th week of Summer. The traders from Stestead are here! They brought 3 livestock (large, 2 cows and 1 bull) to trade. They also brought some assorted goods (roll 1d100 to see what else they brought).

What will you do?
>>
>>195191
Sorry, forgot to mention. When you roll 1d100, state something that you want the traders to have.
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>195191
Slaves
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>195191
Offer Lumber and animal pelts.
>>
>>195208
See: >>195198
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

lets upgrade the peasant
also what about a palisade or a watch tower?
>>
>>195270
oh and pelts
>>
Special Event: Trading with Stestead

Stestead has the following goods:
>Livestock (large) x3
>Slaves x2
>Tools x3
>Weapons (ranged) x2
>Anvil x1
>Wheelbarrow x1
>Container (barrels) x2

>Food (meat) x7
>Simple Prepared Meals (meat) x2
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x10

>Stone x4
>Ore x1
>Lumber x15

You trade your Lumber x10 and your Pelts x10 for Livestock (large) x3. Will you trade anything else?
>>
>>195531
How much for the slaves? We are seriously undermanned.

I will free them provided they don't run off
>>
>>195559
Make them an offer.

If you free the slaves they may or may not run off, since you're a noble you're more likely to successfully convince them, but keep in mind there is a still chance you won't.
>>
>>195531
Are slaves male or female
>>
>>195598
Doesn't matter for the purposes of the game mechanics. But we'll say 1 male, 1 female.
>>
>>195606
3x meat for each?
>>
>>195606
See if we can trade our stone and ore for the slaves.
>>
>>195658
That might be a better idea... Thought we were giving our stone for something else though?

>>195606
How can we gain more manpower BTW?
>>
>>195652
They give you a counter-offer of 9 meat for both or 5 meat for 1.

>>195658
They want 5 stone for 1 slave. Or 2 ore for 1 slave. They are willing to do 3 stone and 1 ore for one slave as well.

>>195669
Immigration to your settlement will begin once you've proved you can survive at least 1 year (4 seasons). You can also buy or capture slaves.
>>
>>195880
Four meat for 1 and you have a deal , I'll roll to barter if I need too.if not we will lay via stone I think to preserve food

Good to know about the immigration though
>>
>>195915
Unfortunately, your were never one for negotiation and they refuse your offer. They agree to 4 meat and 2 stone for a slave, but that is as low as they are willing to go.
>>
>>196107
Take the offer. that's about all we can do at this point. We need to move on to productive things.
>>
>>196117
Yeah, this
>>
You trade Food (meat) x4 and Stone x2 for a slave.

You set the slave free and he joins your settlement! He tells you that he has skill in architecture (halves construction time when in construction crew, but does not help build). Do you wish to promote him to a skilled laborer position or keep him as a peasant?

The traders from Stestead are happy with the way things have gone. They ask you if you'd like to make another trade agreement for next season.

Currently the following goods are in demand in Stestead:
>Lumber
>Ore
>Food (plants)
>Armor
>Metal
>Gems
>Pelts

This may be subject to change come next season, but the traders are willing to pay higher prices for those goods.

Currently there is a surplus of the following goods in Stestead:
>Food (meat)
>Livestock (large)
>Livestock (small)
>Horses
>Slaves
>Containers (barrels)
>Stone
>Weapons (rng)

This may be subject to change come next season, but the traders are willing to unload these goods at lower prices.

In order to make a trade agreement, choose a minimum of 1 good from each list (max. 3 goods from each).
>>
>>196657
I say promote em. we need an architect anyway.

>More trade
We can offer more lumber, probably. Cutting it down seems relatively simple.

I would like to know though-do horses decrease workload for certain jobs, or are they just for traveling and stuff?
Otherwise livestock seems helpful.
>>
>>196664
Horses can haul things, pull carts/wheelbarrows, generate power (by turning a crank), provide fertilizer, be ridden for bonuses in combat, used to travel outside of the map and even raced, for entertainment.

N.B Most large livestock can do everything above except the last 3.
>>
>>196689
Then yes, I'd say think of trading lumber for horses and/or livestock. They seem the most useful at this moment.
>>
Tell them we will trade

We can get Lumber, pelts and ore can't we?
>>
You agree to trade lumber, pelts and ore for horses and more livestock. The traders are delighted. This time the terms of the agreement are kept loose and will be determined when they return, in the Autumn.

You bid them farewell and they leave.

It is the 7th week of Summer, what will you do?
>>
>>197743
Let's get back to building. This place needs to be safe before Winter hits us.
>>
>>190628
HAVEN????

MORE LIKE HAREM!!!

lets get some hookers up in here
>>
>>197743
You lost your trip again.

Does the livestock have to be treated in a way? How do they turn into food? Using their work force is probably done by assigning them to a crew?

>tasks
Promote the slave to architect. Put him and the engineer in the construction crew for the wall.
The smith should continue building the road so that later he can go back to mining.
Soldier and noble into hunting for food and pelts (surplus food for population growth!).
The carpenter should make lumber.
The two peasants in farming (finish the farm, prepare food).

We have no weapons for now, perhaps trading for the ranged weapons would be a good idea. And I think trading our ore away is a bad idea, there is not much of it available and we will need it ourself.
We should set the trading goods aside when we have them and not use them for construction.
>>
>>199257
I like this.
>>
>>199257
Livestock work like Tools. You can assign them to an appropriate crew to provide them with a bonus to labor. The cows will automatically produce milk and fertilizer (as long as they are assigned to the farming crew). You can also slaughter the animals for meat and leather (note leather =/= pelts, the latter is more valuable). Finally you can use them to generate power with the appropriate building,

Update incoming.
>>
Your report for the 7th week of Summer

Construction: 1 Architect, 1 Engineer, 1 Smithy
Hunting/Animals: 1 Soldier, 1 Noble
Carpentry: 1 Carpenter
Farming: 2 Peasants

You resume construction on a Wooden Palisade (137wrk, ~6wks). Your engineer informs you that he needs more lumber to continue construction (need 2 Lumber)
You resume construction on a road (323wrk, ~14wks remaining)

You continue digging out the 2nd farm (14wrk, ~1wk remaining)
You make Simple Prepared Meals x3 (-3 meat)

You log some trees
You obtain Lumber x5

You hunt in the forest. You encounter no new animals.
You obtain Food (meat) x2, Pelts x2
Your frequent hunting has caused the local predator population to attack your settlement! A pack of wolves injures 2 of your men, kills 1 of your livestock and steals Food (meat) x2.

>Simple Prepared Meals (meat) x4
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x2

>Stone x2
>Ore x1
>Lumber x5

>Livestock (large) x2 (unassigned)

>Tools x1 (Carpentry Crew)

>Smithy x1
>Carpenter x1
>Architect x1
>Soldier x1
>Engineer x1 (injured, 5wks)
>Peasant x2 (1 injured, 5wks)
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are terrified by the wolf attack. Your men are unhappy about having injured people among them. Your men grumble about having to share quarters with the injured.

Congratulations! One of your settlers is pregnant! She will give birth in two seasons, if all goes well.

It is the 8th week of Spring, what will you do?
>>
>>200331
Do we have any bait? Lure out the wolves and try to kill them.

Surely the noble and soldier are armed? Plus we can make spears of fire hardened wood
>>
>>200352
You can attempt to kill the wolves, but even with a Warlord Noble and a Soldier, you're unlikely to do much without any real weapons.

You do have fire-hardened spears, its what you've been using to hunt. But it doesn't provide any bonuses like real metal weapons do.

Building the wall would keep out wildlife however.
>>
>>200369
Let's maybe focus on the wall then
>>
>>200331
We need weapons soon, both for hunting and for fighting.

>tasks
Put the soldier to fishing. Pause the road constuction, the smith should either mine (so that we later have ore for smithing) or start building another house (for morale). The noble should make lumber (to speed the palisade). I don't know how to use the livestock best, perhaps with the carpenty crew to haul lumber?
>>
>>200422
Note that you currently have enough wood to finish the wall. Its now a matter of labor.
>>
>>200433
Okay, then the noble should build a house and the smith should mine.
>>
>>200422
>>200433
>>200443
We could send soemone to make pit-traps for wolfs. The pelts could be used to trade, or make scary battle gear.
>>
>>200459
We already promised to trade lumber, pelts and ore, so we need more of those. Pit-traps are a good idea though.
>>
We should probably finish our palisade, it'll be more reliable than trying to kill off the wolf population.

OP, what tech level is the world?
>>
>>204572
Early renaissance
>>
>>204617
shit, and we're using fire hardened spears?

is there gunpowder then?
>>
>>204711
Yes, but its very rare and not particularly useful
>>
File: cannon.jpg (43KB, 538x546px) Image search: [Google]
cannon.jpg
43KB, 538x546px
>>205114
hmm, we could start manufacturing cannon once we get set up then, producing everything we need from the surrounding land. We'll need a cooper though, to make the barrels of the cannon. Still, if we can get up to that level, we'd have a steady inflow of cash
>>
>>205280
Hmm interesting. The body will have be made by a carpenter, but you can make the cannon barrel with metal + crafting crew.

Ok, update incoming.
>>
Your report for the 8th week of Summer

Construction: 1 Architect, 1 Noble
Mining: 1 Smithy
Carpentry: 1 Carpenter
Farming: 1 Peasant, 1 Soldier

You begin construction on a Wooden House (-2 Lumber, 11wrk, ~2wks remaining) (you didn't specify building material so I'm going with wood)
You halt construction on a road and on a wooden palisade (the architect doesn't build anything)

You continue digging out the 2nd farm (12wrk, ~1wk remaining)
You fish at the lake obtaining Food (meat) x1

You log some trees obtaining Lumber x2

>Food (meat) x1
>Water (infinite)
>Seeds x1

>Pelts x2

>Stone x2
>Ore x1
>Lumber x5

>Livestock (large) x2 (2 Carpentry Crew)

>Tools x1 (Carpentry Crew)

>Smithy x1
>Carpenter x1
>Architect x1
>Soldier x1
>Engineer x1 (injured, 4wks)
>Peasant x2 (1 injured, 4wks)
>Noble (Warlord) x1

Your men are distressed by the recent wolf attack. Your men are unhappy about having injured people among them. our men grumble about having to share quarters with the injured.

It is the last week of Summer, what will you do?
>>
>>205784
The soldier should work on the palisade together with the architect. Noble and peasant continue on house and farm, with good rolls they might finish both. We'll have to wait for the injured to get better.
>>
>>208617
This
>>
Ok I am killing this thread and starting a new version of this game with a better map and better, less clunky mechanics.

If anybody has any advice for improvements now would be the time
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.