[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Late Night Culture Evo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 20

File: Thread 1 Screen.png (17KB, 700x373px) Image search: [Google]
Thread 1 Screen.png
17KB, 700x373px
Welcome one and all, it's time to bash rocks together once again!

This evo will work off of two action turns, and for those who are new Turns will end out like this:

-Your civ can make up to two actions each turn as decided on by you and the other members of your group.
-They can developing a culture trait, a technology, or having your tribe preform any other write in action. Don't be afraid to suggest things you could do.

Kindly keep tribe teams at maximum of four to not leave any empty tribes.

Now hold on while I introducing the world and the tribes within it.
>>
File: Game Map 0.png (21KB, 568x440px) Image search: [Google]
Game Map 0.png
21KB, 568x440px
>>188400
This will be the world we play in. As of right now it's just a collaboration of islands with color coated markers for where the tribes are located. I implore the lot of you to claim what your tribe may name the islands.
>>
File: Blue Tribe Chart 0.png (26KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Tribe Chart 0.png
26KB, 800x900px
>>188406
This is The Blue Tribe
They're a load of fish-like people that claim they arose from the ocean and happen to hold a lot of weight. They like to think that their chiefs become gods after they die and that gods determine the outcomes of chance and anything that's remotely based on luck.

They don't seem to have any issues with eating fish though, it in fact makes of a lot of their diet.
>>
File: Red Tribe Chart 0.png (25KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Red Tribe Chart 0.png
25KB, 800x900px
>>188422
This is The Red Tribe.
They're a load of little red people that nobody seems too sure of where they popped up from, but have apparently been here as long as the islands themselves have. The only issue with them is that they've been made into river farmers less out of desire to settle and more out of being ran out of hunting grounds by other tribes. If only they had the strength or ferocity of other tribes maybe they'd still be eating more meat than oats.
>>
File: Grey Tribe Chart 0.png (26KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Tribe Chart 0.png
26KB, 800x900px
>>188435
This is The Grey Tribe.
It's been a long time since anyone has stacked against them in terms of aggression or the ability to survive in the jungles they claim to have descended from. Some tribesmen have given them a bad name over their obsession with telling everyone else that their god killed all the other gods, but how secluded the southernmost jungle on the current island is has left others not having to worry too much about them yet.
>>
>>188450
Those are all the current tribes.
We'll get started on turn one whenever a few people join in. Have fun everybody.
>>
Are the blue tribesmen capable of breathing underwater?
>>
>>188467
They can hold their breath for upwards to an hour, but cannot actually breath down there.
>>
I'll be joining the Red Tribe then.
>>
Red team member reporting in man.

Crazy demon looking dudes who like to keep things modest sounds pretty neat.
>>
>>188495
>>188503
Welcome, Reds.
Hope you like FARMING
>>
>>188509
Sure. I'm more of base builder than a warlord anyway.
>>
>>188509
Is there magic in this world?

Also farming is fine by me. Grey seems to be dangerous but it is a good thing they are a bit ways away from us.

First time playing anything like a cultural evolution.
>>
Any room?
>>
>>188551
Hell yeah man.
I believe there is max 4 players for each team.

Roster is:
0 blue
2 red
0 grey
>>
>>188551
Lots of room.

Reds got two, so far, the rest is empty.

>>188542
Yeah but it's gonna be pretty shamanistic stuff. We'll get it involved later, I'd like the first few turns to be more tribe based.
>>
>>188559
I'll be grey!
>>
>>188566
Welcome, Grey.
Always more fun when the jungle people roll out.
>>
Well, I'm proposing my first turn to be looking large quadrupedal animals to domesticate for their bones and meat. My other action will be to dig a ditch to place these animals in. Do I need to roll?
>>
>>188605
No, OP will do all the rolls so we don't get a bunch of multiple rolls going on from the same team.
>>
We'll go ahead and get the game started with just red and greys if a blue doesn't show up in about ten or so minutes.

Get your turns ready and reply to them to this post.
I got your turn, Grey.
>>
Well is we ever want to stop eating oats we could probably check out that river and see if we have any fish we can get from it. More or less I think it would be best to get a good understanding of our surroundings. See if anything of note is near our tribe.
>>
>>188605
Could I join you greylord?
>>
>>188661
If you make your name Greyspawn or Grey Matter
>>
>>188664
Eh wait, if we have no one on Blue I'll be blue.
>>
>>188664
Jk I dont really care about name haha
>>
File: gg_wallpaper_3840x2160_goo.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
gg_wallpaper_3840x2160_goo.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>188664
or grey goo
>>
>>188641
Yes, exploring the area for resources is a good idea.

I propose that our second action would be to build a bullfighting arena where the red tribesmen are the "bullfighters". It'll be like sumo wrestling but with horns. That way we'll get some experience in combat and entertain our people to boost morale at the same time.
>>
>>188605
>>188641
>>188669
Gonna start making turns.
Go ahead and post whenever you have an idea to roll out, Blue.
>>
>>188641
>>188687
Reds be sure to post to >>188629
when you decide what you wanna do.
>>
>>188422
If I'm gonna be blue I want turn to be this.
Culture:The tribe values fitness over all else, make Everyone start working 3 times as much turning fat in muscle.
Action:Use our timber to build a boat to sail to the island to the south.
>If we can swim there do that and build houses on the island.
>>
>>188697
Alright. I'm justing waiting for my fellow Red Tribesmen's response if they agree with my proposal or not.
>>
>>188687
>arena
That sounds fun.

>>188605
General consensus is:
Action: Explore the area near the tribe looking for resources and other materials or anything of note.
Cultural: Arena type sumo wrestling called Bullfighting or something along the lines.
>>
>>188722
>>188629
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>188605
Rolling For: Animal Search
1-10: Critical failure
11-40: Nothing
41-60: Minor Success
61-80: Success
81-90: Major Success
91-100: Special Event

This will be the roll format for most things.
>>
>>188629
>>188705
>>
File: Grey Tribe Chart 1.png (27KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Tribe Chart 1.png
27KB, 800x900px
The Grey Tribe decided it would be best to head out and search for something that they could properly domesticate and not have to worry about trying to kill them or trying to run away whenever they decided to eat it. Hunting parties went out in search of animals, but they seemed to not turn up anything that could be brought back worth domesticating. One tribal elder specifically by the name of Torged claimed that the animals that were big enough were likely too large to just chase down the same way they do to the smaller animals of The Jungle. Others just blame bad luck.

The pits were dug mostly by hand and hip bone through the length of the empty hunt. The Hunters had returned halfway through the digging, but many of the workers pressed on to finish them regardless due to the thought that they may be ready to fill them with animals whenever they do catch one anyway.
>>
>>188766
Huh, I basically have a 60% chance of finding something, and 10% chance of total failure. I'm thinking next turn I'll try capturing small game we hunt and throwing it in the animal pit.

The culture would be since killing other gods makes our god powerful, he who kills the most game is seen as the most power. So combining the norm with the chief's kid, the best hunter and killer of the chief's kids will become the next chief, not necessarily the one who kills the other kids.

Also, how does population growth work? Do I have to use a turn to get more food?
>>
File: Blue Tribe Chart 1.png (29KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Tribe Chart 1.png
29KB, 800x900px
>>188766
the Blue Tribe has started to kick themselves over what it means to be fit and strong. Lately it's been decided that fitness is far more important than simple size as their ignorant ancestors had once believed. The lot of fishy tribesman have been building muscle through extreme work, lacking any form of recreational exercise aside from pure work strain. More trees are being cut from the southern jungle than ever, and the whole populous has been bulking up together. The only issue is that there are many that still believe higher concentration of fat tends to make you stronger, leading to the warriors of the tribe gorging themselves on fish while the fishermen and lumber workers are becoming concerned over the ration strain this has created.

Boats were experimented with, mostly out of hollowing out the likes of large logs that have been felled from the mighty trees, then are emptied into a hollow canoe and allowed to float among the water just as logs do. They are yet to have any sufficient means of propulsion yet, so many have been simply pushing the boats out by swimming behind them.
>>
>>188800
Population grows at one per turn unless something is happening or actions are being taken to increase population more dramatically. Population can never go over food, and you need more food sources to get more food.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>188722
Rolling For: Resources
1-10: Critical failure
11-40: Nothing
41-60: Minor Success
61-80: Success
81-90: Major Success
91-100: Special Event
>>
Heya, which tribe is empty?.
>>
>>188836
Grey & blue only have 1 player. red has 2 so far.
>>
File: Red Tribe Chart 1.png (26KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Red Tribe Chart 1.png
26KB, 800x900px
>>188801
the Red Tribe set out to search the river for anything that may have been of value. Many of the short, clothing bound beings trekked about the water in search of things of note but found nothing that could be deemed of too much importance aside from the clay that they were already aware of. What hope there was for fish seemed all too distant as the water was indeed clear as the sky, but seemed to not carry with it much life. It seems that the horned tribe will be eating oats for a while longer.

A new event has arisen to pass the time between harvests, that of which being open combat in which two competitors must combat each other hand to hand and horn to horn to shove each other out of a circle made out of river gravel in the village center. By the end of the season, so many fights had occurred that the grass around the area had compacted into dirt.
>>
Turn 1 End
Turn 2 is underway, reply your actions to this post after consulting your Tribe Members
>>
>>188843
No fish? huh. Well looks like it's time to start to work on technology to increase farming production like irrigation would be better.

Also the combatants should wear only undergarments whilst fighting. This is to prove their courage since it is usually looked down upon when wearing less clothing.
>>
We need to work on capturing small game birds and putting them in some of the pits

Our other action could be that warriors should have long knives.
>>
>>188847
>>188800
Action: Try to find large animals again
Culture: Among the chief's children, the next chief is best hunter, not the one who fights other kids literally.
>>
>>188858
>>188858
Oh didnt know youd join grey haha. I agree on still trying to find animals, but wouldnt birds fly lol
>>
>>188865
well, just either non flying birds or smaller land animals.

No need for the bigger stuff THOUGH THERE IS SAME CHANCE SO YES GO AHEAD.

>go for the biggest baddest mother fuckers since we have equal chance at failing big versus small animals anyway.

Maybe have the chiefs heirs have a mini triathalon of skills? dual to first blood, hunting, maybe building?
>>
>>188857
Our defenses are nonexistent. We should build a clay wall with clay watchtowers around the settlement for protection.

Also instead of looking for things on the river why don't we explore the plain lands instead?
>>
>>188888
Holy mother of Quints.

And yeah I agree.
>>
>>188888
>five 8s
Damn son.

>>188896
Also since we have access to clay why don't we research masonry first so that we can make clay bricks for better construction work.
>>
>>188874
Duel is fine, I only suggested the succession thing to build off of the idea that our god is powerful because he killed all other gods, so killing==power, aka, hunting, duels. I am thinking the chief would have a throne made of bones too, the Bone Throne if you will.
>>
File: 33672585.jpg (150KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
33672585.jpg
150KB, 400x400px
>>188899
How about a skull throne?

>>188898
Yeah masonry would be good. And in this turn we should focus on actions and not take the second action for cultural.

Masonry and a wall? or Masonry and exploration? or Masonry and farm tech? or Farm tech and explore?

that's what we've narrowed it down to.
>>
So, are there any blue players?
>>
>>188904
One guy, but he's been gone for a while.
You're welcome to join in.
>>
>>188904
Yeah but I think he might of left/fell asleep.
-> >>188669 & >>188738
>>
>>188899
yeah that was a great idea. We could just fit in the triathlon with it, maybe kill the failers if needed.

So yeah, we basically got our turn decided. :)

>>188859
slightly modify second one?
>>
>>188888
checked
>>
>>188908
>>188909
Hm, guess I'll join blue then.
>>
>>188901
I think we should focus on what we currently have first. I say Irrigation and Masonry.

After that we should be able start building our defenses and fortifications with clay bricks instead of clay clumps next turn.
>>
>>188910
Eh, dont wanna kill our own. For now, I think conditions of succession should be
> chiefs child
> kills lot of animals in hunting competitoon
> participate in duel to first blood
> ??? Bone weapon construction maybe>>188910
>>188910
>>
>>188920
Welcome.
I see you're picking up well on the fishmen theme.
>>
>>188921
>I say Irrigation and Masonry.

Alright.
>>188847
Research Irrigation
Research Masonry
>>
>>188922
sounds excellent.

Have all the other tribes decided theirs?
>>
>>188923
Yep.
>>188847
Make our way down to the beach and start training our men how to swim.
Start gathering rocks and stones for homes and weaponry.
>>
>>188847
>>188922
Grey turn
>>
File: Red Tribe Chart 2.png (26KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Red Tribe Chart 2.png
26KB, 800x900px
>>188847
The Reds have been working out their issues with food supply in a way that many of the red inhabitants seemed to expect. More Farming. What the lot of them didn't expect was that they could send channels of water through to create even wider plots to grow upon. There are now more oats than ever.

The common buildings that the river dwellers had for a while now have been simple branch framed huts with clay molded walls that were left to dry in the sun. One tribal by the name of Dorgen actually discovered brick making out of a need for simplicity, as he ended out deciding he would let slabs of clay dry on the river bank, then carry them all the way out to his hut to form a wall. After the other tribesmen looked at this development, it wasn't long until others were starting to mimic, and then the arrival of the first true sun dried working brick have been made by one of the brighter red tribers.
>>
File: Grey Tribe Chart 2.png (31KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Tribe Chart 2.png
31KB, 800x900px
>>188954
The Tribe of Bones looked upon who currently stood as heirs to their chiefdom and decided that the skill of a combatant is not enough to guide the fate of a tribe. Instead it should be earned by the likes of someone who has skill in every aspect of a Jungle Tribesman's life. In this, experienced hunter was added to the requirements to succeed the chief. The likes of The Chief's children have started to take up on going on hunting trips more often, though some of the children seem to have chosen to give up their chance at chiefdom. They've been deemed lazy by the masses.

Bone tools have always been a cornerstone of Grey life, there has never been any fear of improvement upon what was already an effective killing tool. Now the likes of bone clubs have been upgraded to sharpened jaw bones and bone tipped spears. Many of the warriors are elated over their new and improved killing tools.
>>
>>188954
>branch
Oh so there are trees around here.
>>
>>188969
Yes, simply not near enough for proper wood working.
>>
>>188968
Ok, next turn I elect to fill that motherfucking animal pit!
Action: search for large animals. Imm feeling lucky!
Our next should be a tech of some sort, O'd say woodcutting to make houses.
>>
File: Blue Tribe Chart 2.png (29KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Tribe Chart 2.png
29KB, 800x900px
>>188968
The More Fishy of the tribes have taken to the beach this season in search of stone and skill in swimming. They've achieved both with relative ease, one coming from the natural born affinity to water that the lot of tribesmen were close to forgetting, and the other came from the accessibility of many stones on some of the southern beaches.

The Laborers of the tribe have taken to collecting rocks of varying sizes, though beach stone certainly isn't any form of proper masonry rock it's still viable for working into sharpened tools that the tribe has been making for some while and many of the fishmen hope that they may be able to incorporate it into their building in some way for grass huts are not the best lifestyle.
>>
If Belial The Scarlet is still here I propose that we should begin construction of the brick wall.

The second action we should take is to search the plains for some fruit or nut bearing trees.
>>
>>188969
Alright so no on the trees. We could build that clay brick wall now that we have the tech.

>>188975
Fruit would be great. Might say we should check out that delta to the south.
>>
>>188973
I back that shit up.
>>
>>188977
Sure. South it is then.

>>188954
Action: Build a brick wall around the settlement.
Action: Explore the southern delta for any fruit bearing trees.
>>
>>188974
Action: See if we can breath underwater.
Action: Start crafting stone tools that help with mining large and harder chunks of stone.
>>
>>188984
Your people already know they can't breath underwater, and you already have stone tools.
>>
>>188984
Get better boats
>>
OP is gonna turn in for the night, will be up tomorrow and be starting the game probably earlier than right now. Have a nice night, Tribesmen, hope to see you again soon.
>>
>>188990
Alright man. See you tomorrow, it was a fun session.
>>
>>188985
Alright then.
Action: Start fishing for more food.
Action: Start working on ways to improve our boats.
>>188990
Alright, g'night OP.
>>
>>188990
Goodnight Bishop.
>>
>>188992
Culture:Fish folk are expected to take up arms at anytime to defend out motherland!
>Everyone Man and Woman are equal but all are equally expected to die for their country.
>Action:Build wooden paddles to row.
>Action:Start finding better ways to fish like netting.
>>
File: bonethrone.jpg (10KB, 188x269px) Image search: [Google]
bonethrone.jpg
10KB, 188x269px
shitposting till op comes back
>>
>>189700
nice dubs, But I'm serious about the skull throne man. Praise Khorne and all that.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>188974
>train a corps of reserves and let the rest gather food and resources.

Glory to the Blue
>>
>>190185
>>188847
Replied to the wrong one shit.
>>
>>190190
It's all good man, it happens.

Good to see Blue is having some more players.
>>
I hope OP comes on earlier
>>
>>190877
yeah me too. He said he would. Last time he started at 11'clock for where I'm at.
>>
Anymore room for red?
>>
>>191022
Hell yeah man, there are only 2 on our team so far, it is Heckboy and I.
>>
So how many blue players are there now?
>>
>>191249
I'm one but I rather be nameless.
>>
>>191259
I'm also this guy
>>189534
>>188705
But if I need a name I'm also cool
>>
>>191264
You don't need a name. I just prefer namefagging.
>>
>>191106
aight cool senpai
>>
>>188990
Hey OP nice tread, how many people can pay?
still has room in some team?
>>
>>192300
Are you the same Noob in every thread or is that a thing?
>Please just be one person.
>>
>>192300

-> >>188400
Read the first post, it says there are 4 players max per team.

Right now we have about
3 Red
2 Blue
2 Grey

Or at least that is what I see so far. But the numbers of players per team might be off because only
2 red
1 blue
2 grey
where playing in the first session or were constant in the first part.

>>192314
>same Noob
Yeah I've seen that guy around. or at least if not the same then those guys
>>
I'm thinking that OP will be coming back soon.
>>
>>192589
About 10+ minutes from now if OP is punctual.
>>
>>192892
Good to see you around. Hopefully but I do fear his parting words of
>>188990
>probably earlier than right now.
Meant earlier from the point of that comment not actually the beginning of the game.
>>
>>192928
>Good to see you around.
Good to see you too.

>Meant earlier from the point of that comment not actually the beginning of the game.
Ah, that'll probably be around 3+ hours from now. Maybe even less if he keeps his promise.
>>
>>192958

That is an if that he meant to say it from the point of the comment. If that is true then we should probably ask him what time zone he is in.
it's 11:11 here
>>
B-but Op sensei p-promised
>>
>>193071
He promised he'll be back. We just don't know when.
>>
I think OP should make a Twitter if he is to make multiple threads. that and to tell when he will be back.
>>
Well I'm guessing OP will show up some time during the next hour.
>>
>>192314
The same, I don't reply to much because my English is very bad
>>
>>192343
I guess I will be on the blue time to be equal, if the op come back soon
>>
>>193606
I guess it is safe to say he won't be showing up for tonight.
>>
;-;
>>
room for a new grey?
>>
any room for new players?
>>
i shove a carrot up my ass
>>
>>196519
>>196262
yes >>192343
>>
>>196524
ill join grey
>>
so what about our god killed all of the OLD gods and all of the ones now are imitators trying to take the old gods place. this will help our contact to the other tribes
>>
>>196523
Nice.
>>
File: 1381017329770.jpg (165KB, 355x348px) Image search: [Google]
1381017329770.jpg
165KB, 355x348px
So, it's almost near the time op started this thread. I'll wait for OP to return!
>>
File: 1457407686137.jpg (32KB, 398x342px) Image search: [Google]
1457407686137.jpg
32KB, 398x342px
>>198107
Same I hope he comes
>>
RIP OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs
>>
Someone should make a new thread then, since OP is dead

I love civ evo games
>>
>>199633
Same. Whoevers gonna take up the torch should include an event screen on the tribe sheets. I want to see the tribes doing stuff in drawing form.
>>
File: Where is he when you need him.jpg (66KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
Where is he when you need him.jpg
66KB, 450x360px
>>
yeah, RIP
>>
File: 1464217280570.png (5KB, 601x695px) Image search: [Google]
1464217280570.png
5KB, 601x695px
I'm always checking.
>>
I'm blue da ba dee ba da da da da ba Dee ba
>>
>>205896
>>
File: game over screen.png (33KB, 708x518px) Image search: [Google]
game over screen.png
33KB, 708x518px
>>
>>210453
Aw shit man, that's some pretty good art
>>
>>211327
Thanks. c:
>>
>>210453
Beautiful
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.