[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ironheart Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Battlefleet_gothic_2163613.jpg (369KB, 1200x812px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefleet_gothic_2163613.jpg
369KB, 1200x812px
High-Commander Nathaniel Graham was sitting in his office, aboard his flagship. The massive machine of destruction was close to it's destination; the world of Amera Prime. The long war that have been lasting for at least seven years between his and the enemy's faction was reaching a critical point.
After a lot of tactical movement, running, besieging, and political backstabbing, the cat-and-cat game of the two armies was reaching it's end. They were both in a position where moving the main forces out of each other's way would be disadvantageous. So they were heading for the enemy stronghold where they would fight with a marginally bigger force. Whoever would win this battle, gains a massive advantage for the remainder of the war.

The cabin door opened, and an officer walked in a red-yellow uniform. The High-Commander looked up to the saluting man, and with a nod signed him that he can be at ease.
-Sir, the package is ready, and the kill-team awaits orders.
-Excellent - he nodded, satisfied. The only reason the enemy was willing to go into this battle because they thought they have the advantage. Fortified position, and slightly more than even forces. For the Commander to prevail in such situation, he had to prepare with something extra.
-Who will deliver the package? -he asked after some thought.
-We have picked two possible candidates

We have Lionel Kwarm, former royal guard of the Voltinez House. Expert in many forms of close combat, asked for a Phalanx power armor, a Promethean medium Siege Shield, a shock-mace, and a standard-issue military dagger, all in his size of course. Which wasn't easy might I add - he is a real giant, sir.

Caspian Lerracius, former captain of the Imperial Army. Real professional sir. For someone who's job used to be just to command men, he sure knows his way around a battle. Asked for a power-cutlass, and very large caliber gun. I think he means to use them at the same time sir. He also recieved a brand new adamant vest, and steel-silk coat.

Which guy will carry the package? Choose your character

>Lionel Kwarm the Ironman
>Caspian Lerracius the Ironhand
>questions (specify)
>>
Clearly Caspain Lerracius the Ironhand is the only one of the two that can be trusted. This is a war after all, so we need someone that can move things through the area and know how to maneuver through the Guard's chain of command to get to where we need to go.
>>
>>18612
I'm prone to thinking we should give it to the fellow who's a walking tank. You can't say no to someone in power armor.
>>
>>18667
The ground forces will take the commander more seriously. Sure, a Royal Guard decked out with power armour and weaponry can be an imposing force, but he doesn't have the sheer experience that Caspain Lerracius does when it comes to this scenario. Plus, the power armour has a 1 to 5 hour time limit (her pack), assuming it isn't Astartes Pattern power armour (which should be impossible for him to have), so if Lionel is stuck in an extended deployment he'll have to ditch the armour eventually.
>>
>>18705
Hmmmm...I suppose you have a point there. Also 'the Ironhand' is a much cooler title than 'the Ironman'

I think that's my tipping point. Let's go with Caspian.
>>
>>18705
per backpack generator, I mean, in regards to the power armours power supply.
>>
>>18705
>>18667
>>18612

I would have mentioned in a minute anyways, but you are doing breaching action on a flagship.

You can take a commanding position, but it will be a small team of professional murderers at best, and not an army
>>
>>18729
Starships in 40k are fuckhuge large, so point about the armours power supply stand. Furthermore, worse we should be facing would be heavy stubbers and any personel equipment the bridge crew have. Standard armsmen are usually equipped with autoguns or navel shotguns in order to reduce the chance of accidentally breaching the hull during boarding and anti-boarding actions, so the armor he requisitioned should be enough to protect against most solid projectile and low-power energy weapons.
>>
>>18724
>>18723
>>18705
>>18612

Right away sir, saluted the officer, and hurried away

You are Caspian Lerracius. Some might call you the ironhand. That nickname wasn't just given for your mecriless attitude at organising your subordinates, but also for the set of metal bones that you have above your right elbow, beneath the artifically regrown flesh. That was a nasty accident.

You are sitting in the assault pod, confided to your seat, as the whole cabin shakes wildly. Your deep-blue coat hides an armored vest, arm- and leg guards. With your trustworthy cutlass, and 0.85 caliber handgun, you feel confident.

The "package" is in an armored container on your waist. Within reach, but well-protected. Your team's mission is to kill the commander on the western flagship, sowing chaos in the entire right wing of the enemy armada. Your personal job however, is to deliver this baby to a critical point and fire the main cannons when it's active. The main cogitator would be ideal, but the main power source, and the cannon's power source, will equally do.

The pod gives a larger and more violent shake, and the green light means you have breached the hull successfully. Time to go.

You are alon in the pod. They couldn't risk to take out the whole crew, so they packed you separately. What do you do?

>Open hach, burst in while there is confusion
>Shoot into the dust cloud first
>Shoot then wait
>Wait till the dust settles
>Write-in
>>
>>18764
I must warn everyone that we aren't in 40k universe. You are serving the Space NATO (with actual power)

Although everything else about weapons, spaceships, and power armor stands like 40k
>>
>>18764
>navel shotguns
I know that it's a typo, but the mental image is funny nevertheless.
>>
>>18782
...why would you start with a 40k picture then? It's very misleading, especially since you didn't provide clues otherwise in the OP.
>>
>>18799
Sorry, it just occurred to me. But 40k that was the closest to what I had in mind.

Everything else is spot on, just the trademark characters don't exist, we aren't catholic space nazis, humans can grow much stronger on their own, (to make ridiculous heroics possible)
and most things are worked by techno magic.

would you like a navel-gun as recompense?
>>
>>18782
Ah. my fault for assuming. I saw Imperial Navy vessel and assumed 40k, though it's nice that my assumptions were correct, even if for the wrong reason.

>>18768

>Wait till the dust settles
plus
>Write in
We don't know what is on the other side yet. For all we know, it could be an empty passage way, or people on the other side of the dust could have already taken cover due to the impact. Thus, firing off rounds into the dust would just waste ammo and rushing out could leave us out in the open and shot at. Instead, take the moment to see if we can comm the other boarding teams and see if everyone was able to successfully breach and take stock of our current standing forces.
>>
>>18848
throw me a 2d20 best out of three on player rolls once only
>>
>>18848
Agreed. Wait for the dust settles, preferably not standing in the doorway in case anyone else shoots in.
>>
>>18892
Do you want 2d20 rolled 3 times, with the best chosen? Just wondering, because it's kind of hard to pick the best of 3 if only 2 are rolled. ;)
>>
>>18948
yes, and every player can roll once only.

I need 2 dice for two different things, and best out of three is the usual method. I find it too easy tough, so I'll probably change it later when I figure out how easy/difficult things are.
>>
Rolled 17, 20 = 37 (2d20)

>>18956
>>
>>18983
Well, it's unlikely it will get any better than this.
I'll start writing
>>
Rolled 13, 15 = 28 (2d20)

>>18956
>>
>>19003
first roll on /qst/ so I'll chalk it up to beginner's luck.
>>
>>19007
>>18983
Caspian awaits, gun leveled at the opened door. The dust settles, and there are no sounds aside from his calm breath, and the occasional soft shaking of the floor. Then a battle cry can be heard, followed by another somewhat farther.

Caspian carefully climbs out to the spacious, well-lit and brown-yellowish corridor. Gun still at the ready. The corridor is empty, aside from a few figures. On his right, twenty meters or so, he sees the hulking form of Lionel Kwarm. He probably jumped out of the hatch as soon as he could be found no one. Farther from him another fifty meters, you see a tall man with a scepter and gun in his hands, walking towards Lionel. They both look a bit alarmed at first, but calm down after recognizing the newcomer.

-"Well what next?"

The question came so uncomfortably close to Caspian -6 meters or so- that he reflectively turned around, gun at the ready- and saw the short, bearded man, dressed in black. He must be the infiltrator.
The alarms don't seem activated yet.

>This corridor must lead to somewhere.
>Let's get into the first room, and try to learn where we are
>Find a maintenance hatch, and get in.

god bless spell-checker
>>
>>19092
muh boy Lionel probably can't fit inside of a maintenance hatch. Getting bearings would probably be for the best, so finding the first room is my vote.
>>
>>19112
-Well, do we have any idea where we are? - asks Caspian
-We could be anywhere on the aft board of the ship. Who knows tough where the distant pilots guided us to get trough the defenses... - replied the man with the scepter.
-... and breaking radio silence would be a surefire way to give away our location- finished the thought Caspian- Alright, let's find a room, and see where we are.
-If I may? - interjects the bearded inflirtatior. - I could scout ahead, I am more likely to go by unnoticed than our roomy friend.
-True – nods Lionel
-I also think this is a safe area – he continued – I cannot see or feel any surveillance system.

What you say?

>Alright, go right
>Alright go left
>No, we can't spare the time
>No we better not split up
>write-in
>>
>>19163
If we can tell, opposite of the directions of the battle cries we heard here >>19092 as to keep our infiltrator safe.

If we can't tell the difference then let's go right. The opposite of right is wrong, obv.
>>
>>19174
the battlecrys were the two allies on the right, as Lionel charged into the dust, and hearing that the third guy followed him
>>
>>19163
>No we better not split up
>>
>>19191
Ah-ha. So all's quiet on the enemy front. If that's the case, let's not split up. We've got no idea where the enemies might be.
>>
>>19222
>>19204
not splitting, moving to the left, and stopping at the first room

writing then
>>
>>19251
I'm headed out so hopefully this continues in the meantime. I'll check back in when I return.
>>
>>19204
>>19222
>>19251
-"No, we better not spilt up. Let's go left." -Caspian says. Lionel with me, -he nods to the man wit the scepter- you are Keith the combat mesmer, right? Get behind us, and...
-"Lazarus" – adds the infiltrator helpfully
-"Right, please be as much ahead of us as possible, but stay in sight. Sign if anything is amiss
-"Can do"

The four of your get into formation, and go ahead. Sometimes you hear the battle but only the outside one. No sign of conflict within the ship. Everyone halts instantly as Lazarus raises his hand.
The sirens sart, and red light floods the passage. Caspian looks accusingly at Lazarus.
-I am sure it wasn't us, the other boarding parties must have been discovered
That's right, there are six other teams on board, if all made it, -which you doubt- running amok.
-However that eight crew memeber who are in the room beyond that corridor, might or might not come this way. What do we do?

>On the ready, and full volley if they come this way
>Get close, and ambush that way, don't use loud firearms
>Jump out from behind the corridor, and attack them first
>Write in
>>
>>19279
It's allright, on /qst/ threads can stay on for long, and I got most of sunday
>>
File: tegaki.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
14KB, 400x400px
Can the answer to all quests with the Imperial Navy just be: "Blow the planet up"?
>>
>>19404
No because hostile fleets do not constitute as a planet, regardless of their "size"
>>
>>19282
>>Get close, and ambush that way, don't use loud firearms
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.