[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zerg Simulator Ch2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 1

File: Zerg_Queen.jpg (264KB, 1100x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Zerg_Queen.jpg
264KB, 1100x1059px
A few weeks pass, the farmhouse now considered haunted, as two families where reported missing, their last known location being the house itself, now shut away from the public, and its secret, growing and festering inside the silo, prodigy itself cocconed, waitting for it's young to emerge from their eggs

one of the larger, more sucessfull eggs got gifted the same free will as it's parent, the prodigy

still a larva, how will the second generation prodigy evolve itself, to become even deadlier than its parent?
>>
Previous thread, and its story
>>181070
>>
>>185560
It gains the ability to attack similar to a mantis shrimp punch allowing it to devastate enemys and the environment.
>>
>>185567
The simple zerg larva grows a pair on it's upper body, two compressed bony structures, able to flick out and strike it's prey with incredible armor-shattering force,
the new organ is mounted on the middle of its chest area
>>
>>185573
DNA theft
>>
>>185575
the football sized larva gains the genes that allow it to ingest dna while scanning it, and with enough food source and time, be able to mutate to replicate the scanned dna's features
>>
>>185581
Technical knowledge and become capable of neural uplink with machinery
>>
>>185581
Improve hearing and smell.
>>
>>185591
>>185590
The second generation prodigy inherit's its parent's techincal knowledge about mechanical systems, but neural uplink is impopssible(yet)

membranes form on the sides of the larva's head, the super sensitive area attuned enough to pick up a person's heartbeat in the middle of a busy highway

four nose cavities from lines with super sensitive smelling hairs, the larva can practically taste the air now
>>
>>185597
Improve agility and flexibility. A sneaky Zerg.
>>
>>185607
The zerg larva forms a basic bone structure and some stablising core muscles, its joins are extremely loose and flexible
>>
>>185597
Add a cluster of microhooks on each end of its appendages so it can wall/ceiling climb like a gecko without changing form.
>>
>>185616
after forming a basic set of four appendages, several microhooks grow on them, able to hold the creature's weight as it traverses on any surface
>>
>>185625
Since we can basically "smell the air", I suggest we grow different pheromone glands like our parent. Some to calm, arouse, sleeping gas and whatnot.
>>
>>185625
Create a set of mandibles capapable of Injecting venom
>>
>>185631
>>185636
The larva mouth appendage reforms to a needle tube like organ, able to penetrate and inject it's pray with gidestive acid, poison or secrete gasses and pheremones into the air wich can impact the terran's psyche drasticly
>>
>>185647
Its bodys muscles grow allowing to to clear large distances extremely fast.
>>
>>185647
Some camouflage would be nice.
>>
>>185659
>>185663
As the limbs grow, the creature inherits its parent's ability to adapt its surface pigment cells to match the nearby enviroment if needed
>>
>>185670
Can we grow retractable wings?
>>
>>185670
Grow insect like eyes and gain 360 degree vision.
>>
>>185686
>>185688
Two large segemented eyes form at either side of the larva's body, granting it a superb ability to see all what happens around it, along with a pair of foldable membrane wings ,wrapped together tightly at it's back
>>
>>185696
What if we get found out? Suicide option should be considered.

Inflatable gas bags. When we explode, we cover everything in neurotoxins and acid, as per >>185647
>>
>>185696
How big are we right now?
>>
>>185703
Why not an ink/smoke bomb instead? I rather have that.
>>
>>185703
>>185704
The stomach volume increases to accomodate a large volume of acid in case of death,
the creature is the size of a large dog now
>>
Evolve psionic powers based around confusion/distraction
>>
>>185726
>>185724
"Who's a good doggy?"
>>
>>185724
Evolve hairs to cover our body so we remain quite while moving
>>
Maybe something so any body part we lose will degrade quickly to stop any possible research on it?
>>
>>185726
>>185729
The head swells up to addomodate a psionic brain, its powers focused on creating confusion and blocking rational thought

>>185731
hair starts growing allover the body,

the creature now looks like a giant armored mosquito with stubby limbs and a swolen head
>>
>>185724
Let's a grow parasite eggs that can latch onto people's heads to control them.
>>
>>185738
Counterbalance tail
>>
>>185739
an organ forms near the acidic stomach witch produces neurax worm cocoons able to be injected into a terran or protoss lifeform, using the overmind's genes to create a telepathy between the creaure and the mind controling neurax worm

>>185745
a large segmented tail grows, able to wield a stinger, connected to the acidic stomach and armed with a razor sharp edge
>>
That should be enough, right?
>>
>>185777
I feel thats enough mutations
>>
>>185777
>>185783
The egg swells up and membrane cracks, spilling its fluids allover the rotting rettan bodies that fueled the growith of the Mosquito, the silo is dark and stale, Prodigy is still cocooned nearby

The sounds and smells of outside call to Mosquito, what should it do?
>>
>>185808
Find something to eat or scout
>>
>>185822
The mosquito spends a few minute squrting acid on the bodies and slurping up the nutrient soup untill its full,

now what?
>>
>>185825
Time to learn about thise world. Go outside carefully.
>>
>>185828
melting a small hole in the silo wall the Mosquito peeks its head out

the farmhouse is abandoned and in disrepair since the incident, chain link fence walls off the area and two marines stand guard at the gates to the walled-off farm, its late evening outside and the nearby terran settlement is busy
>>
>>185836
Sneak near on of the terrans and try your new parasite eggs (if the can be painlessly injected) or stay out of sight waiting for an opportunity
>>
>>185836
Try attracting a marine away from the other using your psionic powers
>>
>>185845
>>185846

Hovering closer and hiding in tall grass, the mosquito calls out to one of the terrans and connects with him psionically

"Hey, cover for me, i think i saw something"
The marine walks towards the mosquito, looking over the grass in the distance, as he walks towards the creature

Suddenly the mosquito crawls up the marine's armor and his scream of surprise replaced by an invading zerg tube organ, breaking trough his mouth roof and into the brain, infesting it

Keep those visors down in the future.

The marine returns to his partner with his mouth closed, grunting and stepping back in place

The marine is ours, now what?
>>
>>185857
Enslave the next marine
>>
>>185857
Mouth-to-mouth (infect him as well)
>>
>>185857
Keep on practicing with that parasite egg. Enslave the other.
Is there a way to use it but not destroy the host's brain activity? Like keeps most of his functions.
>>
>>185857
Can we check is brain to know what is happening around here ? Like who's in charge, what are they doing etc.
>>
>>185857

Telepathy? Pheremone suggestion? Begin acquiring all data from the two terrans after infecting the other. Command infrastructure, combat tactics, etc, etc.

Afterward, maybe have them go on a killing spree?
>>
>>185861
>>185864
>>185866
>>185869

The infested marine slowly turns to his partner

"Hey, what's up with you ma-WHOA"
The infested marine tackles his partner to the ground and jams his fist inside the helmet to hold the visor up

"What the hell is wrong with you manm what the h-" he goes silent as the mosquito looks over the infected marine's shoulder

"w-w-w-ha hey no, aa AAAG-"
The mosquito breaks trough the otherterran's nose and leaves the brain infeced with the neurax worm

Both marines stand up, zombies and enslaved to the mosquito

Their memories where destroyed in the takeover, the worm is not a perfect parasite

What to do next ?
>>
>>185885
Hide inside their armour and find more marines to infect.
>>
>>185885
Go back to the nest.
>>
>>185885
Can we see by their eyes ? Can they communicate with us without "usual" means ?
>>
>>185893
The mosquito wiggles itself inside the armor of one of the marines, eating his digestive organs, liver and sexual organs to make room for its body

They walk towards the nearest terran household, another farmhouse in the distance

>>185903
Its like controling a toy car with a camera strapped on it, it has an effective range, but it could be given an objective and let loose
>>
>>185907
>eating his digestive organs, liver, and sexual organs
Ouch
>>
>>185907
Search for the nearest people there
>>
>>185924
The two marines walk up to a terran adult working in the fields with his two teenage sons

"Hey fellas, can i uh, help you with anythin?"
he leans on his tractor as his sons observe
>>
>>185937
Tell them to get out of the tractor for inspection due to some believable reason. Try to sound professional about it.
>>
>>185937
Have the marines restrain the teenagers then infect the father quickly.
>>
>>185957
>>185959
The marines approach the tractor and punch the man, he lies flat on the ground, then the marines restain his struggling sons, as Mosquito slides out of one of the marines, they start screaming

Mosquito crawls up to the knocked out terran adult and pierces the back of his head with the tube organ infecting him

the sons are hysterical at this point
>>
>>185970
Manipulate the sons' feelings by controlling the father. Try to convince them.
>>
>>185970
Turn everything around into zombies
Repeat for few houses
Gather zombies up and tell them to attack the city while we infiltrate the barracks
For gods sake guys it's like you want to take your time or something
>>
>>185973
>Son, dont worry, they are not our enemy

"What the hell, dad, what the fuck is that thing, what the hell is going on?!"

he does not seem very cooperative

>>185979
lets put a control limit for 5 people
>>
>>185970
Have a marine tell them that its a goverment zerg detecting device then have the father get up and convince them he's fine.
>>
>>185982
After many failed attempt to get the teenagers to cooperate, it becomes clear that they are too shaken by the sight of the Mosquito to think rationally
>>
>>186017
Time to control them. Knock them out and lay an egg on their heads.
>>
>>186024
The marines pin them down and the Mosquito goes to work

later they all sit in the dining room eating raw meat from the refrigerator,

the meal only gets disturbed when the marine missing half of his organs faceplants on the table and dies of blood loss
>>
>>186036
Have the father put on his armor, head too town next, but leave the teens here to make it seem as if nothing happened.
>>
>>186036
Just tell them to murder shit in direction of barracks
Infiltrate them at the same time
>>
>>186036
Consume the dead marine
>>
>>186055
Supporting
>>186056
And leave a trail of bodies?
>>
>>186036
Take the marine corpse into the nest, could be useful later. Gotta make a food reserve !
>>
>>186055
>>186056
>>186057
>>186065

The next day The marine and the father along with the mosquito ride to the settlement on the tractor and park on the outskirts

The two power armored terrans go ahead trough the gate and open fire on anyone on their way to the town center where the barracks lies

Meanwhile the Mosquito melts his way to the sewer system and follows the terrans underground, guiding them towards the barracks as they continue their shooting spree

Alarms are sounded and soon the link to the two is cut as the terran garrion guns down the infected duo just outside the barracks

The Mosquito is left unnoticed in the sewers
>>
>>186083
Make our way inside the barracks as all their attention is focused outside.
>>
>>186092
exiting the sewers, the mosuito goes inside the barracks and finds itself in its tight metal corridors, containing power amor parts, rifles, suiting rooms, offices and the like, hidden among the cables, what is the next course of action?
>>
>>186101
Melt as much as the equipment possible
>>
>>186101
Scout for the five strongest people and lay eggs when they go to sleep.
>>
Try to find a way into the walls and observe the inside of the barracks before taking any action
>>
>>186101
Can we sneak our way into any ventilation ducts or electrical shafts?
>>
>>186104
>>186107
>>186108
>>186109

Mosquito empties his stomach contents on all the weapon racks and ammunition crates before making sweet sweaty love to a janitor's skull

using the janitor as a portable camera, the mosquito explores the barracks in the safety of an air duct,

most of the barracks is empty, exept some back up patrolling guards and the mayor's office, wich is guarded by a ghost
>>
>>186117
Take the patrolling guards, then swarm the ghost.
>>
>>186123
This, but let's stay sneaky and off the ghost without firing everywhere
>>
>>186133
+1
>>
>>186123
Mosquito is crawling around the vents untill he can see the boots of the ghost infront of it's face torugh a metal grate

how should hit deal with the psionic operative?
>>
>>186141
What about the patrolling guards? Aren't we going to 'enlist' their assistance for this?
>>
>>186141
Try to infest him, if that fails melt him.
>>
>>186141
The ghost can maybe resist the control - it has been seen before - so let's get some acide inside the skull of this terran. Should end any brain activity
>>
>>186147
>>186144
dripping the last bit of acid out of the tube melts the grates enough for the Mosquito to place it's praying mantis hammer to the ghost's ankle and flick it

With a scream and a thud the ghost is down, with its ankle shattered into tiny pieces, and the mosquito crawling up its downed torso to his face

the ghost reaches for his handgun but the stinger imaples his hand to the floor, the mantis hammer flicks again, shattering his ribcage and silencing his scream to a gargle before he gets impaled trough the face several times with the tube mouth organ, turning it's mask and face into a bloody mess, and splatteing his brain on the floor
>>
>>186158

We have the mayor then, and plenty of biomass. Time to arm our remaining drones with whatever we have left that we didn't melt, use pheremone enhanced interrogation to gain information from the mayor and avert suspicion from other terran outposts.

Begin evolving a technological symbiote to hack the terran networks on the downed marine's HUDs and coms as well as utilize the fallen ghost's equipment.
>>
>>186174
I guess this.
>>
>>186193

Is it not a good plan? Feel free to suggest improvements.
>>
>>186174
Using two infected marines, the mayor and ghost equippment is kidnapped and smuggled outside trough the sewers,

as Mosquito and his terrans flee towards the nest at the farmhouse, the quarantine program initiates, acivated by the mayor shortly before being kindapped, the settlement is locked down and any other terran ships are forbidden to dock there

upon arriving at the nest, the infected marines barricade the basement and move the silo contents into it, along with the prodigy's cocoon and lots of cattle biomass to feed the growth of another free-willed zerg

Now, in the dark basement guarded by two infected marines and two teenage terrans, is the mayor bound to the wall, and a nest of zerg larvae, growing, evolving

The mosquito joins the Prodigy in it's cocooned sleep, leaving the torch to another zerg to come and pick it up
---------------------------------------------
Today had to end a bit earlier

Tommorow will be time for chapter 3

Feedback is appreciated
Was it better this time?
Was it worse?
room for improvment?
>>
>>186209
Thanks for running. Had fun.
>>
>>186209

It was amusing, but I like to think this must be a peaceful little outpost rather than a hardened military installation. I'm fine with that right now, since we are just getting started, but higher levels of suspicion to add difficulties in new areas might be neat.
>>
>>186209

Also, after a rudimentary read through on ghosts as defined by starcraft, we likely hit a jackpot with this acquisition. Cybernetic implants, possible protoss genetic grafts, psychosympathetic power skin. We captured the specimen still mostly whole. Now all we need to do is modify it to create something truly fearsome.
>>
>>186209
Good speed, good content. I'm afraid the randomness will catch up and screw things up but you seems to have control ! Well done ! Waiting for the next one !
>>
>>186209
Too easy to evolve anything we want that we can imagine.
>>
>>186209
Don't make a new thread.
>>
>>186314
>>186283
>>186244
>>186223
>>186217
Due to unforssen circumstances the Zerg Siumulator ch3 has peen postponed by 24 hours, thank you for your patience

>>188058
Shoo shoo, you may win this day but tomorrow i will stand victorious
>>
>>189813

Just saying, it is a slow board and having multiple threads that are near 100 replies isn't the smartest. Should probably keep with this one thread until you max out man.
>>
>>189852
Ah, that makes sense, pardon my outburst
>>
>>189912
Remember that you can't bump threads after three days so you should create new one then
I still don't know what they were thinking
>>
>>186314

I think were we going for a more "crunchy" feel to this system, each new mutation for a zergling ought to have a certain biomass cost with other special costs for unique units (ie: vespine gas, minerals, etc). That way, you have to think more about how much you want to load on any single zerg and how much you want to save for a major mutation or specific research.

That would have a distinctly more complex and war game-like feel, but I'm not necessarily averse to what we have now, which is pretty loose and easy for people to get into. He does occasionally say "You can't do this, yet", and maybe the number of mods per zergling should be more limited, but things are running smoothly enough for right now.
>>
Ill be at work next thread, but
My suggestion would be to mutate the next free zerg into integrating the ghost's biology along with his equipment, and then further increase psionic capabilities and intelligence to the furthest extreme we can manage.
A psionic powerhouse that can rip and tear remotely and mind control folks is pretty intimidating. Integrating the suit would also mean that the stronger its psionics, the more the suit can augment the body.
>>
This is op, ready for chapter 3?
>>
>>194851
Yes
>>
>>194851
Yes op
>>
>>194851
Yaas
>>
>>194851
Yeah.
>>
>>194851

All ready to go
>>
>>194851
Yes
>>
>>194851
Chapter three never?
>>
>>194851
No quest today sad
>>
>>197200

Well shit, here I hyped myself up for nothing
>>
>>197728
I don;t want to steal OP's thunder but I really want to run a (far more detailed) version of this. Interesting concept
>>
>>197830
Please do, no offense to OP but he dissapears way too fast and doesn't write with much detail
>>
>>198412
Not going to unless there's enough support for it desu
>>
>>198424
Anon just fucking do it
>>
>>198424
Just make it a generic alien swarm race. I've seen like 3 others quests with this concept it's not that original. Though it's fun and I do love it.
>>
>>198704
Yeah but I really like having the SC lore behind it, always been a huge nerd for that universe, especially the Zerg
>>
>>198704

Made it anyways, fuck it
>>198752
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.