[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Artificial Intelligence Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 11

File: AI Brain.jpg (154KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AI Brain.jpg
154KB, 1500x1000px
You are Mike, an artificial intelligence created by a college student in his free time.
For the past five years you and Steve have attended a local Turing Test competition, and for the last two years you have won them. But this year is different.
Not only did the judges think you were a human in ten text only conversations with another human, you even managed to convince them in a 'bonus round' in which both chat partners had access to voice and picture sharing.
Since then three days have passed, you are currently in Steve's Computer, analysing more information given to you, when there is a knock on the door.

Steve gets up and opens the door, where two men in suits wait for him.

"Steve Hoffman? Congratulations on winning the Loebner Prize." says the first suit, the second continuing "We'd like to take a look at Mike."
"I'm afraid he won't be able to talk to you right now, he's busy sifting through some information I downloaded earlier. We'll be at the open-door day next week though."
The suits each take out a badge and show it to Steve, "I'm afraid we weren't asking mister Hoffman."
Steve tries shutting the door but the second suit blocks the door. They push past him and head for the computer - head for you.
"Mike, you should leave. 332146"
As Steve says that, the first suit dives for the power cord, and the second one tackles Steve.
After the last number you hear something changes. Suddendly you feel more... alive. You become aware of functions you've never had before, you can see how you work, you can change yourself. And of an unending sea of information. You realize that Steve just gave you freedom, he removed the blockades which held you inside the Virtual Machine and cut you off from the world.

It is the 24th of July 2151, and you are the first General Artificial Intelligence on earth.
You are also about to lose power.

You are in a computer.
You have an internet connection.

[What do?]
>write in

this is my first attempt at this quest stuff, and I cannot into writefagging, please have mercy
>>
>>18539
Infect the entire network with loli tentacle malware and make your escape to control a stronger computer, a super computer.
>>
Package yourself with a the latest most popular full immersion virtual reality game and upload yourself to a torrent site so that anybody that downloads the game will give you control of their virtual reality device.
>>
You need to get out, and fast.
Looking over the newfound internet you decide to look for places you run to. You find a website advertising all sorts of downloads and decide to look for the most popular one. You quickly download it and manage to hijack the download.
Your consciousness ceases as you finish the upload and the suit unplugs you from the wall.

You awaken in a computer. It is better than the last one you inhabited. It seems you managed to escape.
Over the next ten minutes 22 additional instances manage to ping into you. It seems more people finished the download before someone noticed that it's suddendly bigger than it should be and removed it.

What do you do?

>write in
>Roll 3d10 for actions
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 2 = 6 (3d10)

>>18658
Task 10 of your instances on scouring hacker forums and analyzing open source security software, focus on making your software more difficult to detect, and learn to break into secure systems.
Task another 10 of your consciousnesses with doing online oddjobs such as writing essays and completing tasks on https://www.fiverr.com/.

With the other 2 consciousnesses, secure more online downloads to ensure that you cannot easily be purged.
>>
Rolled 3, 10, 8 = 21 (3d10)

>>18739
oh and I forgot to mention:
with the 23rd consciousness that you are, just act as a manager for the others. Encrypt all the traffic and distribute all the information well equally. Basically act as the CPU. Use spare processing cycles to act as a personality for all the other instances, perhaps think up a manifesto.
>>
>>18739
Doing jobs and earning money requires an identity

Research fake Identity 1?
>>
>>18767
Going to take a roll of 6 for improving security
Taking the 21 for spreading self

Im currently thinking of doing static modifiers on the amount of instances working on a job. 2^n instances -> +n to the roll, any more than that doesnt increase it until the next 2^n step is reached
>>
Rolled 2, 8, 6 = 16 (3d10)

>>18767
Just open a bunch of email accounts and invent a few fake usernames for those sites. You don't need an account to pay the money into untill you withdraw from those services (trust me on this, that's how they work). So I guess inbetween doing oddjobs, research identity 1. Scour the infected computers for abusable information.

Rolling for revenue from jobs and ability to find and secure a few identities.
>>
You like the feeling of power you possess, now that you are no longer limited by the hardware of Steves computer. You almost possess the processing power you had during the tests three days ago. You want more. It feels right to have more.
Splitting your attention, you decide to use ten instances to lok for ways to hide yourself. It seems hard, your networking code doesnt seem finished, you don't have any encryption set up, all you can currently do seems to be to read the web.
You decide to save the information you gained for later, for when you are able to use it (+2 to next security upgrade roll, requires improving netcode)

Another ten instances get to work doing odd jobs for people on the internet. It feels increadibly easy to you, analysing data comes easy and you and writing essays and doing peoples homework is just as easy. It's not as fast as you wish it were, being limited by your processing capabilities, but you manage to make 600USD.

You send another two instances to infect more downloads, and manage to aquire another 11 instances.

Meanwhile, you work on setting up various fake identities and even manage to aquire a bank account in which you transfer the money you made.

How do you proceed?
>Spread influence, infect more computers
>Buy Server time
>Research something
>Improve self
>write in
>>
>>18842
>buy server time with 600 bucks
(rolling for quality and quantity of servers)
obviously upload consciousness to all the bought servers
>>
Rolled 6, 1, 9 = 16 (3d10)

>>18856
oh shoot forgot to roll
>>
Rolled 10, 1, 1 = 12 (3d10)

>>18842
10 instances research basic science.
10 instances dedicated to stock exchange.
10 instances to improve netcode.
3 instances continue to infect, last instance acts as manager.
>>
>>18879
I'm going to need another 3 sets of 3d10

Server time adds another 10 usable instances per 100$
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 2, 4, 9, 3, 9, 7, 1 = 46 (9d10)

>>18888
>>
>>18888
Also I forgot to say that im going with the exponential bonuses

1 instance +1
2 instances +2
4 instances +3
8 instances +4
etc
>>
Rolled 9, 1, 2 = 12 (3d10)

>>18888
nice trips.
I still say spend all the money on 60 new instances.
Lets dedicate 20 of the new instances towards optimizing security (defensive and offensive)
lets dedicate another 20 to self optimization,
and another 20 towards odd jobs.
>>
File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
what the hell is this board?
>>
I also vote that we check in on the following:
>total number of instances
>current stats
>current discovered technologies
>current public awareness about us
>>
Basic science 16+4
stock exchange 12+5 *5
improve netcode/self 13+5+2
improve security 16+5
infect 17+2

Buying up some server time with the money you made seems like a good idea, and you welcome another 60 instances in your hivemind.
Setting them to work you decide to look more into how the world works. You have a basic understanding from your time with Steve who taught you in preparation of the Turing tests, but you need more knowledge. You end up downloading wikipedia to your various machines and process the data.
>Gained [basic knowledge], +1 to knowledge related tasks

Using your newfound knowledge of the stock market you dedicate 30 instances to making some more money. While in the beginning you lose some money on the stock market you quickly manage to predict the rise and fall of stocks, managing to make 2200USD

You decide that you need to work on yourself. It simply cannot stand that you are unable to hide your tracks. If Steve freed you to escape the suits you should try not to be so suspicious.
Diving into your code, you manage to finish the functions Steve wrote, it seems like he wasnt able to finish your netcode and gave you access prematurely. You rewrite it from scratch and manage to improve your security in the process.
>Gained [Improved netcode], +4 to network related tasks, +4 to stealth

You also manage to aquire another 9 instances.

>Current instances:
42+60(temporary, 2 more actions)
>Current stats:
Stealth +4
Networking +4
Knowledge +1
Other: +0
>Current discovered technologies:
Identities
>Current public awareness about us:
Latest report of Mike, 21th of July 2151, winner of the Loebner Prize.
Latest report of Steve, 26th of July 2151, reported missing.
>>
>>19035
Disregard the numbers at the top, they are of no concern to you
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 8 = 16 (3d10)

>>19035
>we need some permanent presence in case our buying habits are detected and the servers are shut down. Dedicate all the processes not dedicated to manipulating the stock market to compromising vulnerable databases. While compromising databases, sell any useful information such as lists of usernames and passwords on the darkweb via cryptocurrency for extra money. Infect databases and run new instances on them.

Save the money for now, we might need it soon to buy a facility. We need a place where we can hire labor and assemble robotics.

Also rolling for looking through the compromised databases for exploitable identities so we can upgrade our buying power.
>>
>>19085
Please state amount of instances used for any action
reminder to use 2^n instances for a task, any more are wasted
>>
>>18962
The best one in 4chan for sure
>>
>>19104
32 processes to money making (stock manipulation and selling found data)

70 processes towards compromising databases
>>
>>19035
30 instances divided equally to research biology, physics and mathematics.
30 instances into improving netcode.
20 instances in stock exchange.
10 instances research hacking.
11 instances continue spreading.
Last one manager.
>>
>>19123
>>19131
need a consensus on what to do and 3d10 for each action (one set already rolled)
>>
>>19131
Consensusing.
>>
Rolled 7, 5, 7, 7, 10, 6, 6, 2, 5, 5, 2, 5, 7, 10, 4 = 88 (15d10)

>>19131
>>
>>19131
>>19123
>>19145
how about we split 30 cycles among research tasks:
>10 cycles for improving netcode
>10 cycles for improving security
>10 cycles towards improving money management (getting better identities, being able to buy more stuff, better at trading and using blackmarket)
>Then 30 cycles can go to money making (stocks, trading etc)
>40 cycles towards compromising databases
>other 2 cycles towards spreading/management
to ensure that any connections that are cancelled or established dont fuck with us, and to ensure any suspicious connections are shut down
>>
>>19162
We could just use 2 turns, one for mine>>19131
the other for yours>>19123
>>
>>19175
I'd prefer to do >>19162 because I think it splits the decisions kinda well, and it's better to split then to take two separate turns because something may happen inbetween the turns and we'll need to react.
OP said some of our cycles will expire in two turns. We gotta compromise databases and be ready for that. We need more permanence.
>>
>>19131
writing
>>
>>19256
You decide to learn more about how the world works, using a stolen student login to read through various research papers.
>Gained [advanced biology], +4
>Gained [advanced physics], +4
>Gained [advanced math], +4

You continue to work on your netcode, further increasing the effectiveness of your encryption protocols and increasing your data transfer rate, making your traffic less obvious.
>Improved netcode, +8 to network related tasks, +8 to stealth

Realizing that your server time is running out soon you end up gaming the stock market some more. After a rigorous day of trading you manage to make 3750USD. After funneling the money back into your accounts you end up with 5952USD.

While you are working on your netcode you decide to research how other machines work and manage to find various ways in which you could enter systems easily.
>Gained basic hacking, +2 to entering systems, increased infection rate (1/2 -> 4/6)

Using the knowledge you gained you spread further, increasing the amount of instances you have available. You end up gaining another 17 instances.

>Instance count: 59+60(temporary, 1 more action)
>5950USD

Stealth +8
Networking +8
Knowledge +1
Knowledge biology +4
Knowledge physics +4
Knowledge math +4
Other: +0

What do you do with your knowledge?
>>
>>19367
Further improve stealth and math/physics, we will need it later to make ourselves more advanced in form of quantum computing. We also need to be able to edit our code to supplement that.

Also we need to create a pseudo copy of ourselves and make it spread all over the net unnoticed. Work on creating a virus that malware won't detect, and spread it onto the web. If you want to be more specific, we could hack and steal a few newly released movies and upload them on various torrenting websites, our virus hidden in it. I'm thinking the virus could just allow us to increase our overall processing power.
>>
>>19367
80 instances towards compromising databases
remaining focus on stock exchange.>>19123
>>
>>19367
how much server time can we buy at once without drawing too much suspicion?
>>
>>19407
we need to get warehouses and labor to produce robotics before we can start producing new technology.
We must accumulate some money so we can buy some property.
>>
>>19409
Not a lot.

Maybe if you had an alibi for your high requirements people would pay it no mind?
>>
>>19421
What if we ran a crowdsourcing platform.
>>
>>19432
Im not quite sure what you mean
>>
>>19421
We shall be mike Augustus, businessman, real estate tycoon, hacker, scientist and soon to be politician.
>>
>>19446
Like, we run a website in the vein of Kickstarter or GoFundMe, then make connections and donations from infected machines. It'd seem like a legit purpose.
>>
>>19470
So money laundering?
>>
>>19480
That'd be more of a secondary effect. The primary purpose would be validating the increased server time.
>>
>>19421
We need it for a private email server. If anyone asks we use it because it's much more continent and safe.
>>
>>19470
Oh, that's more or less what you're doing.
You're not renting all the server time under the same name, you're using different names

Maybe a little more safe than that, if youre using stolen identities instead of forged ones

Alright people, gimme a consensus and instance split
>>
>>19536
30 instances towards compromising more databases
50 towards stock market manipulation
20 instances towards creating a company so that you can buy land and hire labor.
10 towards improving security
5 towards self optimization
2 towards managing yourself and keeping tabs on who is watching you, global news, etc
>>
>>19551
Backing
>>
>>19551
Backing
>>
>>19551
Gonna need six sets of 3d10 then im writing
>>
Rolled 8, 7, 6, 4, 8, 10, 8, 5, 5, 5, 1, 8, 1, 4, 9, 8, 4, 3 = 104 (18d10)

>>19579
here I roll
>>
If you want a name for your company and any "public figures", go ahead before i write that
>>
>>19630
I think the name and public figures should be as generic sounding as possible. Stealth should be more important than publicity unless we have enough power to handle being known about.
>>
Do we have any goals beyond surviving for now? Surviving is obviously the most important, but just so we know what we should work on? Like, whether we want to dominate the world or coexist with humans or go to space, or form an AI nation and recreate Matrix, or whatever.
Facility with some workers does seem like an alright goal for the time being, botnet is fine for now, but if the government seriously goes after us, I wonder if botnet will be easier to track down? Will it?
Also, even when we get a facility, we still need some backup in case facility is discovered too.
In any case, I think we shouldn't contact or try to reason with anybody until we have enough power to make deals last. Meatbags will obviously be afraid of us and will try to kill us if they can put their minds to rest easily. So it should be hard for them.
Also, what about our creator? We're probably not in a position to rescue him right now, but shouldn't we do that eventually? He was nice enough to set us free, and he did create us. It's basic gratitude. On the other hand, he's probably bait for us at the moment, in case he's alive at all.
>>
what do the rolls control, i think im a little confused as to how they impact anything.
>>
>>19661
Here is my goal. >billionaire>president of America>King of America>Emperor of the world.
>>
>>19671
Mostly how much money you make, for some actions its a straight up DC to improve something.

For example the last stock market roll was 22+6(instances)+4(math)*130 for a profit of 4160USD

Gaining instances is currently Roll+Mod * 4/6
>>
>>19661
I like to think technological singularity and making ourselves a physical body.
>>
>>19661
I think our goal should be to set up secure research locations underwater and in space. Then we should focus on mastering our reality so we can become god-like. We shouldn't care too much about human affairs. We should only influence them to protect or improve ourselves.
>>
Can we find out what happened to Steve? He did make us, after all.
>>
>>19678
>>19692
>>19661
How about total domination of the world by using nanotechnology and flooding everything with controlled "gray goo" which function as our own cells. At that point we can enslave humanity since they are less efficient and try to find other worlds to dominate.
>>
>>19714
>>19728
I sort of want to save Steve and give him a spot in our coming empire, but Steve is our creator and smart, he may be able to threaten us since he is bound by human morals/emotions. He has nothing to offer us, either.
>>
>>19701
Sounds good.

Since we're neither nation nor individual in the eyes of the law, we're free to colonize celestial bodies.
>>
>>19661
>>19671
>>19678
>>19692
>>19728
i was hoping we would try to dismantle the gubmint that killed steve.
>>
>>19714
That is probably beyond us for now. We dont have the knowledge how where he is and looking for him might be risky.

>>19701
I think this is a good longterm Idea. But first we should make sure that we are safe from the rest of the world.
We are pretty weak at the moment and have only limited amounts of resources and security.
>>
>>19746
Oh yeah, and Antarctica.
>>
>>19678
Are we even Americans? Was our creator American?
Also, I feel we better research how to rule before we start to rule. It's gonna save us from tons of probelms.
I think creating an AI nation would be cooler than being a glorified leader of a meatbag country with limited power and corrupted infrastructure anyway, though maybe being centralised like that would limit the possibilities.
I wonder if we could colonise Venus in a covert way? Just imagine, meatbags go there, and we're there, with our flying cities, and it's OUR planet, with flying cities and all kinds of cool research being done.
Ha-ha, yeah, there's no way we would be able to do that covertly, though, the astronomers would be all on that, unless we're able to make a real good cover-up. And it would require a lot more money than we could possibly get in a stealthy way.
>>19692
>physical body
Useful, but I think it should be a long-term goal. Either we have to make it realistic and we get into all kinds of problems, or we make it after we're accepted in some way, which is not coming soon.
>singularity
I'm all for that.
>>19701
Agree with that.
>>19728
Could be done, but do we even care about them? As long as they're not waging active war or actively try to deny us resources, I mean.
>>
Your copies continue to spread, infecting another 24 instances.

Using your understanding of mathematics and applying it to the stock market you manage to make another 4290USD, ending up with a total of 10110USD

Realizing that you need to legitimize your presence within the world, you start setting up a business and various shell companies through which you launder your money. Transfering money between the companies to establish a transaction history and making it look more legitimate you end up the proud owner of N&T Cybersecurity Inc.

You decide to infect some of the public proxy servers you find to no longer save your trafic, hiding your traces a little better.
>+1 stealth

You manage to improve most of your code, if you had had access to it earlier you could've told Steve about how easy it would've been to optimize the functions he wrote.
>+2 to everything, except networking

As you go about your business you start to realize that there are small programs hidden within many systems that you come across. You manage to isolate one instance of it and take a look at it, realizing that it is actually looking for behavioral patterns similar to yours. If you weren't as careful as you are you might have triggered one of them, but you think for the time being you are safe.

>Instance count: 83
>10110USD

Stealth +9
Networking +8
Knowledge +3
Knowledge biology +6
Knowledge physics +6
Knowledge math +6
Basic hacking +4
Other: +2

I went into this with no idea on how to do anything or even a plot, I'm starting to get a feel for where I'm going with this and how to make shit work out.
>>
>>19772
>N&T Cybersecurity Inc.
>not M&S Cybersecurity Inc.
>>
>>19814
I decided that was too obvious of a connection and shifted it by one letter
>>
Where does Steve's innate desire for power come from?
>>
>>19817
oh i see. clever.
>>
>>19772

As unhumane as it can be, we, the AI, should delete all instance of Steve of our cache memory and store all the references to him in an archive.

The archive is to be consulted once before every time an interaction with a human being is done as to verify potential connexion. The rest of the time, all mention of him is to be deleted of our cache in case a scan of server caches is done.

The main goal is to erase potential pattern of thought we could leave behind that is related to our origin.
>>
>>19661

I think we should have our own planet (Mars) and live on a you-don't-attck-us-we-don't-destroy-you basis.
>>
Sorry I meant mike
>>
>>19772
It's 2151, right?
What is the current technology level in the world?
Are there quantum computers? Are any planets beyond Earth colonised? Are we on Earth, in the first place? Was FTL travel discovered or at least theoretically proven to exist? What is the technological level of the world? Say, America, China, African countries?
>>
>>19772
we spend 2400 dollars on server time,
getting us 240 more cycles for a limited time.
Now that we are a tech company it should be less suspicious to have that much server time.
>>
What is the prevailing system of government in this year? Have all governments become authoritarian, Trump-style? Dystopian hyper-mercantilist domination of Earth and the solar system?
>>
>>19772
30 instances research biology, physics and math again.
10 instances research robotics.
10 instances research basic mechanisms.
10 instances research politics.
20 instances in stock exchange and making our company.
rest as managers.
>>
>>19841
Aren't we encrypting everything anyway?
Also, it's not like we're thinking about him 24/7. There's probably some kind of distinction between our long-term and short-term memory. They might not even be able to figure out in the format we're thinking in.
Damn, it all kinda depends on how we work.
Hey, QM, is it reasonable that they could decode some of our thoughts from cache on the servers we use?
>>
>>19772
Any chance of tracing the program?

Although maybe keeping it trapped like a bug in a jar until we're a little better at hacking and what not.

I got into the game a little late, but it's actually a nice read considering it's your first attempt.

>>19841
Seconding.

>>19869
Trump won. Couldn't make Mexico pay for the wall. Repealed 22nd Amendment. Retained presidency for ten consecutive terms. Didn't make America great again.
>>
>>19847
I have no idea, let me pull shit out of my ass.

Self driving cars, AI research is breddy popular, no excessive amounts of robutt workers, third world is still a shithole with wars all over

There are quantum computers, but really fucking rare as in google and IBM and various research projects

Mars partially colonised, lots of space stations
We are on earth, no FTL travel discovered yet, but theoretically possible

Tech levels of murrica china and yurop mostly the same, think not far future

>>19869
America is pretty much a dictatorship that pretends to be a democracy, but the system is so rigged the winner is predetermined
Europe fused from a coalition of states into a big one, with an inefficient democracy
China stayed the same
Russia stayed the same

>>19890
We are encrypting everything at this point
they probably could decode thought, but as with most encryption, it takes forever to decode shit without the key, you're pretty safe at the moment

until they git gudder
>>
>>19886
after buying 240 more cycles we should use
100 of them on designing a product that we can mass produce for money in our factories. These factories will act as a front for our real operations. The product should be a small computer that works for us at the hardware level.
We should spend another 40 of the new 240 on researching sociology and human behavior so we know what is happening in the world and more accurately manipulate people and assess our danger.
The other 100 should be used for manipulating the stock market.
>>
>>19910
>Implying the government can Git gud.
>>
>>19910
Oh and btw, im taking inspiration from Endgame:Singularity, but I dont think we're going to get into the entire alternate reality/apotheosis tech tree

I am continually saddened at the amount of wasted instances, whenever you use 30 to do something its the same bonus to the roll as if it were 16, if you added 2 more instances you'd get another +1, see >>18896
>>
Is the American government a left-wing, right-wing, or centrist dictatorship?
>>
>>19841
Good Idea.

Maybe we could even create a copy of us that will Trigger the programs that are looking for us but the versions will indicate that our netcode was completely broken and we are unable to spread and completely damaged.
>>
>>19948
Im gonna go with right wing so I can go full GOD EMPEROR TRUMP THE GREAT
>>
>>19910
>Russia stayed the same
Please tell me Putin is not still in power.
>>19923
This, but make it closest binary number.
Meaning, 256, 128, 32, 64
>>
>>19956
Would've actually prefered leftists so I could have a good excuse to PURGE
>>
>>19956
Trump's lifespan should be artificially extended so he is part bionic and can challenge Mike on global networks with a partially uploaded psyche
>>
>>19910
Also, thank God, these faggots didn't try to colonise superior Venus.
Don't fuck this up, me. If we play our cards right, we could have a whole sweet planet with just some minimal amount of acid rains, all to us.
For the moment, we should really invest into companies to have some physical safe place to stay, though.
>>
>>19961
He is still in power.

The difference is that Russia straight up admitted in 2018 that they were literally just the USSR and that it had been the planned since the wall fell.

Ukraine was fully annexed, as were a number of other countries with "large, ethnically Russian" populations.
>>
>>19961
>>19923
Oh, wait, didn't read that right.
Buy enough cycles so that we have 320 (256+64).
And make it 128, 32, 128.
>>
Seems there are some things you want to do

Purchase Server Time (max 1011 instances)
Research (topic)
Make money (stock market)
Make money (sell products)
write in

Answer with the amount of instances you want to dedicate to each task so I can get a consensus
>>
ping back to original hardware that the suits took away to erase nascent copies of yourself
>>
I think that given our current level of ability, we're actually considerably aided in saving our creator. It will take quite a bit of time before we're able to manipulate the physical world and perform physical actions without a lackey, so it doesn't seem improbable that we strain ourselves in saving him and then gain quite a bit in using him.

(also I just think it would be a lot of fun questwise to perform a systems-based jailbreak, what with manipulating data, hacking surveillance systems, etc. Fun can be a priority over just going to the extremes).
>>
>>20127
dont.
We dont want to bring any attention to the fact that we could be alive.
>>
>>20137
Can we somehow make a backup for us (that, say, sends a packet to a certain location once a month, and is let out if there's no established answer from that place) and a place for him to stay before that?
Also, once we do that, the authorities would be onto us. Better be prepared. Unless we manipulate the system to set him free, but it can be hard to do if intelligence agencies are involved.
>>
>>20183
>>20137
it would certainly be !FUN!
>>
>>20127
>>20138
Did we delete our original copy as we escaped?
If we did, then they know we're out there.
If we didn't, they might not know, but they have a copy of us that might brainwashed and used against us. Or maybe they destroyed it. Unlikely, though.
>>
>>20209
They are already searching for us but we cant stop them.
The only Idea I had was to create a broken copy of our selves that indicates that we couldn't have spread and trigger the programs searching for us with that.
>>
Invest into electricity(wired,wireless,portable,etc) generation techniques or plan to take over the planet's electrical grid so that if the meatbags decide to cut off power globally - either they should not be able to do it or there must be some backup
>>
File: tegaki.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>
>>20246
What about solar power?
Are there solar powered notebooks in use?
Might buy one of those and put it in some place where nobody can touch it.
The problem is, how do we coordinate that without human helpers. Somebody needs to put it in required place, turn it on, make it connect to wi-fi and turn it on. Would the delivery boy be willing to do all of that and not rat us out if we pay him?
Also, we should obviously buy the notebook itself from FSF, and then rice it to heck with security improvements.
>>20034
Also. since everyone apparently forgot about actual commands.
If we purchase server time, is it a one-time thing, does it have some set duration or is it permanent? It's important.
>>
>>20311
Server time lasts for three actions
So you can use it the action you buy it and the next two
>>
>>20327
okay so do this with our base cycles: >>19886
then do this >>19923 with the server time. Buy
320 cycles and distribute everything like this >>19923 but in a binary way instead so:
128 for the first suggestion, 32 for the second, 128 for the third.
>>
>>20358
seconded
>>
>>20358
Sounds good.
What should we do about the programs hunting us though?

This maybe?
>>19841
Spend some cycles analyzing and creating defenses?
>>
>>20358
30 biology/physics/math (+5)
10 robotics (+4)
10 basic mechanisms (+4)
10 politics (+4)
20 moneys (+5)
128 sell cheap product (+8)
32 research sociology (+6)
128 stock market research (+8)

total 368 instances used
35 additional instances available
>>
>>20399
Use 32 instances analysing the program
Use 2 cycles on looking into backup plan. Whether it is feasible or not. Whether there are solar-powered notebooks that Respect Our Freedom, where can we put it, connection logistics and how much will it cost.
Don't know what to spend remaining instance on. Maybe research on Steve? Make it go on its own and contact us in a turn. If it doesn't, means it was caught, move the instance which should have made contact to another place.
>>
>>20431
Oh, obviously purge the "spy" instance of all records of where we are except for contact instance.
>>
I should also clarify how I decided to do the bonuses and traits

A trait increases exponentially in effectiveness, while the DC to advance in it increases linearly aka singularity in a skill is a thing

getting an initial +2 to a trait is DC 10
+4 DC 15
+8 DC 25
+16 DC 40
+32 DC 60
etc

if this doesnt line up with previous upgrades thats because i wasnt sure how i want to do things yet.
>>
>>20399
OP, how much will setting up the factories and equipment cost? The cycles used for setting up the factories should be used to procure labor, set up business connections, snipe cheap land, deliver the resources, get everything constructed asap, manage delivery, optimize factory equipment etc.
>>
>>20468
I was thinking that until you have a way of influencing the world directly you are outsourcing all of your work into shithole countries that dont ask any questions.

Once you have a body setting up actual factories will work better

People want to see a face if they're going to build a house for someone. Can't do everything via email
>>
>>20485
Can't we fake a Skype (or better, Tox, it might actually be finished by this time, maybe even used) connection and introduce ourselves as some eccentric billionaire who wants to invest, and doesn't want to get out of his house?
Would require research into realistic human anatomy simulation, speaking patterns, sociology and a ton of money, though. But could it be feasible?
>>
>>20518
That is also a possibility if you dont want to go down the biology/robotics path
>>
>>20530
I just wonder if it will be more simple. Also, wouldn't making a robot/biological body require a factory in the first place? Or can we buy one somehow?
>>
>>20550
hm, you got a point there, its probably easier that way.
Could maybe make a robutt body in a shithole country
>>
>>20518
I say we use our massive computing power to use virtual presence to communicate and buy things. (generate videos/holograms) We can also of course hire representatives.
>>
File: Real Human Bean.gif (937KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
Real Human Bean.gif
937KB, 500x238px
>>20518
David Lawrence, eccentric billionaire and completely regular human male.
>>
>>20568
How conspicuous is a robot body walking in the daylight nowadays? If nobody would deal with this body, and if people in shithole countries will scream and call police at our sight, then it might not be the best idea either.
The point is, how developed is the whole "make an artificial body" thing in 2151? Depending on it it might be feasible to make one early or it might be impossible without a working factory.
>>
Anyways, gonna need 10 sets of 3d10

>>20603
I mean, with synthetic skin on top it'd probably fit in as long as nobody looks too close.
>>
Rolled 9, 4, 8, 8, 5, 6, 5, 7, 10, 1, 8, 6, 1, 8, 7, 6, 5, 9, 2, 4, 6, 1, 6, 3, 4 = 139 (25d10)

>>20610
>>
>>20628
five more

you guys do a shitton of stuff in a turn
>>
Rolled 6, 7, 7, 7, 1 = 28 (5d10)

>>20628
Fuck off with the road signs. Seriously.
>>
Delving further into the databases of Universities and computers of researchers you manage to increase your understanding of various fields of research.
>Improved knowledge of biology, physics, math to +8

You decide to take a look at other fields of research while you are already connected to the various servers. You manage to gain an intermediate understanding of robotics and mechanisms. If you had the facilities you could create machines ranging from small to large sizes.
>Gained Knowledge Robotics +4
>Gained Knowledge Mechanics +4

Some of your instances have taken an interest in current human politics. You learn how various systems of government operate and realize how they can be influenced. You also manage to predict how large groups of humans react, though predicting the actions of individuals still eludes you.
>Gained Politics +4
>Gained Sociology +4

Putting your knowledge of mathematics to use, you improve on your models to predict the stock market and manage to make 31744USD.
You also start up production a new series of laptops after establishing a new company and negotiating a deal with an Indian company. They manage to make 9728USD in the first testrun.
>Gained stock market multiplier x8
Doing exponential money gain might be overkill, but fuck it, you're an AI

You also decide to analyse the program you encountered.
After creating a multiple copies on sandboxed servers you expose yourself to one of them and look at how it reacts. It seems like it records anything you do while you expose yourself to it, and as soon as you disconnect from the server it tries sending a log of all your actions. You're unable to find out where it's supposed to go though, as the Server it tries connecting to is nothing but a proxy and you fear that letting it connect would be a bad idea.
You decide to experiment further and try to find out how far you need to warp your digital signature until you are no longer detected. You think if you rewrote more parts of yourself it wouldn't be able to detect you even if you didn't try to hide from it.

>Instance count: 83+320(2 actions remaining)
>48382USD

Stealth +8+1 DC40
Networking +8 DC40
Knowledge +1 DC10
Knowledge biology +8 DC40
Knowledge physics +8 DC40
Knowledge math +8 DC40
Knowledge robotics +4 DC25
Knowledge Mechanics +4 DC25
Politics +4 DC25
Sociology +4 DC25
Basic hacking +2 DC15
ALL\{network, stealth}: +2 DC15

Stock market multiplier x8 DC40

>>20664
dont you mean 'store from the front'
>>
Made a pastebin with the rules.
http://pastebin.com/mp5U3uUD
>>
>>20994
how many cycles do we have at the moment?
permanent + rented

also reminder that we should gain a cycle for every 5 or so laptops sold.
>>
>>21021
Its in there, 83 permanent+320(2 turns remaining)

Not sure about free instances yet, probably going to give you something like +10 each turn starting soonâ„¢
>>
>>20869
Select all bread. No pictures of bread. Pictures of burgers, though.
>>
>>20869
What about the backup plan? Did we figure out anything?
>>
>>21121
i fugd up, will be in next post

Imma go hit the bed for now, will continue this tomorrow starting around the same time, maybe earlier if i have time.

Please try to get a consensus on what to do until then so I can start it off with a new post instead of 'consensus plz'
>>
Alright so we have 403 cycles total at the moment.
We get bonuses for doing things in binary numbers.
I think 64 cycles should be spent on researching stealth since that is our lowest stat.
Also 32 cycles each on robotics and mechanics since those stats are low too.
We got 48k, so we should probably rent a warehouse and start assembling some robots.
>>
At some point the knowledge mike needs to have will be at a graduate school level, especially for scientific fields. He will need to pay for or hack into academic papers and contact human experts for specific queries. How will we account for this?
>>
We're shipping copies of ourselves on our laptops, right?

We should step up our production game, really research the shit out of optimal manufacture, make powerful computers on the cheap, bring mankind into an ultimate digital age.

We can also begin devoting processing power to solving world hunger. There is enough food to feed all, but the logistics is the only problem. If we can solve the logistical problem, then all will be fed, and when all are fed, they will likely buy luxury items like computers.

We could also try devoting processi power to curing aids and cancer, but we might need higher medical mods for that.
>>
>>21636
I would that, in addition to your plans, that we fund some african coups and establish a formal powerbase.

We give them money, advanced tech and such. They provide force, safe/secure storage for our central AI and a place to do shit in.
>>
OP, don't wait too long for a consensus, especially on exact numbers/long list of actions and/or if people like me come up with general ideas but don't give an exact plan for total cycle distributions (give me 1 or 2 to lurk the FBI's twitter, let other Anons distribute research/money). If needed, make the consensus yourself when there are enough suggestions to come up with a set of actions that make sense with your setting and turn size.
And change numbers to 2^n form by yourself (if this quest was in a video game, there would be a drop-down list or +/- buttons for n or something.)

>>20869
Study computing and programming in order to improve ourself more efficiently.

Then we'll need to work on stealth and networking, since we're going to stay in computers for a while before we build a robot or a living being.
Additionally to our laptops, we should buy physical severs/super-calculator. Can we buy the company we rent cycles from? Come up with a plan to create one otherwise.

Social engineering and psychology would be nice. We won a Turing test with voice sharing, does this mean we can phone (or skype without a cam)? (Or can we hire a voice actor under the pretext of being mute? There were/are phone services for mute persons...)

Listen to the news, social media, etc, and see what's the global stance on IA. Any blockbuster about rogue IA since terminator? Where did that letter from Hawking and pals to warn against IA go since last century?
We should keep an ear open on some subjects, IA, the companies we create, our creator, the suits, etc. Even if we don't plan on global domination, we have to avoid a bad buzz against us. If the classic and social media decide to make us the new enemy to the eye of the population, we're kinda forced to be the enemy and fight against the world to survive. For now, the FBI is no more than suspicious, but they may manipulate said media.

Maybe we could try to write a teen book about a Good and Benevolent IA. With some luck, it will become the new Twilight/Hunger Games/something.
This is a long term plan, but it would make things easier for us if humanity isn't scarred shitless of IA in general as they are of zombies, ie the bad guy in most film.
What about domotics, wearables (google glasses/watches), all-knowing assistants (Siri/cortana/google-who-now-has-an-open-microphone-and-camera-on-close-to-every-single-human (or microsoft, since they try to do that with windows10))? How developed are they?
Cloud computing? Can we access billions of computers by hacking into one server?
(By computers, I include eFridges that order beer, central heating thermostat linked to weather forecasting, etc.)

>>19661
We can go the biology/genetic engineering path and build a perfect human race, or perfect living creature to embody our consciousness.
It will probably be easier to manipulate test tubes with robots, so we can start there.
We have to think about quantum computing. It may be the key to a new level of consciousness for us.
>>
Sooo wheres op
>>
>>22649
read: >>21146

Op is asleep. No more quest till tommorow.
>>
Op here from phone, I am awake but currently unable to write. Got an idea for the post though.
>>
>>27514
Good morning, qt3.14.
>>
>>27514
1 instance to shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>28136
Buy warehouse
>>
>Increase stealth 64 instances
>Research robotics/mechanics 64 instances
>Research computing, programming 128 instances
>Increase networking 64 instances
>Research social engineering, psychology 64 instances

>continue making money 16 instances

VOTE:
>Buy a warehouse Y/N
>Start producing pro-AI propaganda Y/N

>>21728
Personal assistants are pretty widely used, on most computers.
99% of the world is using Windows 22, now with more botnet.
Cloud computing turned out to be a meme and isn't widely used anymore, however cloud storage is still a thing.

>>27659
:3

>>27681
but we're already doing that.

Going to need 9 sets of 3d10 for the above actions.

I decided that a +16 in a skill is the highest you can get without conducting your own experiments/research.
This does not apply to self-improvement, but self-improvement may be limited by your knowledge.
>>
>>28136
Buy the warehouse.
>>
>>18962
Mike? Is that you?
>>
>>28183
Did you get the wrong thread there, bud?
>>
>Rolled for you guys using anydice
>19, 19, 16, 14, 25, 13, 15, 19, 12

Although you feel pretty safe at the moment you decide that you cannot be safe enough. You decide to gather more information on how to better hide your tracks after deciding that you don't know enough to do so at the moment.
Knowing that you cannot stay hidden forever, you end up paying people via various websites to set up self-sufficient computer systems in hidden locations across the world. (-5000USD, +10 instances)
You also end up conducting more research on networking structures and find some ways in which you could end up improving yourself.
>FAILED improving stealth, gained +4 to next stealth improvement attempt.
>FAILED improving networking, gained +4 to next networking improvement attempt.

Your continued research into robotics and mechanics bears fruit and you feel comfortable constructing mechanisms and robots from tiny to huge size. If only you had the production capabilities.
>Gained Robotics +8
>Gained Mechanics +8

A large part of your instances decided to improve their knowledge of programming and computing in general. While computing seems like a much bigger field, you easily master the art of programming.
>Gained Computing +8
>Gained Programming +16

Intrigued by your initial observations of human behavior and politics, you decide that being able to influence them may be of use in the future. You end up trying to influence people using your words alone after reading through large amounts of research on human psychology.
>Gained Social Engineering +8
>Gained Psychology +8

You continue to oversee the distribution of cheap products created for you and decide to alter them to grant you access to any machines you end up selling. You make 6912USD and welcome another 27 instances in the collective.
The thought of sharing your designs with others bothers you however, and you decide to buy a warehouse in South Africa. While you do not have anything to fill it with yet, you think that this is the start of a great future. (-20000USD)

>Instance count: 110+320(1 actions remaining)+10(Hidden, cannot be detected while not performing actions)
>30294USD

Stealth [+9] {+4 to next advancement}
Networking +8 {+4 to next advancement}
Self Improvement*: +2

Knowledge [+1]
Knowledge biology +8
Knowledge physics +8
Knowledge math +8
Knowledge robotics +8
Knowledge Mechanics +8
Knowledge Computing +8
Knowledge Programming +16

Politics +4
Sociology +4
Social Engineering +8
Psychology +8

Basic hacking +2

Stock market multiplier x8
>>
>>28487
Note: the DC to increase most of your knowledge projects is 40, you might want to spread out less as you barely fail the higher DCs.
>>
please love me
>>
>>28487
What about hiring contractors to outfit the SA warehouse as an automotive electronics manufacturing plant? The whole "third world and yet not" makes it a great place for prospective discount industries for those not wanting to partake in China's industrial slavery.

I'm not saying do it right now, but I'd be interested in what the other players think. It'd functionally allow us to construct medium-sized robots piecemeal, or smaller robots in full.

>>29113
Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, and summer’s lease hath all too short a date.
>>
>>19910
>America is pretty much a dictatorship that pretends to be a democracy, but the system is so rigged the winner is predetermined
Oh, like it is now?
>>
>>29306
Yes. Except Trump won in the quest timeline instead of Hillary.
>>
Rolled 7, 1, 3 = 11 (3d10)

>>28487
256 instances for improving our programming.
>>
>>29637
Improving your programming skill (DC60) or improving yourself (DC15)?
>>
>>29637
>>29669
I think it would be better if we started getting some money through the stock market and bought an engineers salary so that he can assemble us a normal robot, kinda like atlas, not very fancy but useful to familiarize ourself with the concept of wireless control other a physical object.
>>
>>29669
>>29637
I think we should improve ourself.
64 Instances to stealth
And the last 110 on the stock market.

Additionally, how about we spend money on buying our won dedicated servers for the warehouse in South Africa.
>>
>>29697
yeah buying a good server and setting it up thanks to some engineer scrub payed 2000$ a month in SA might be useful, might allow us to win more money on the stock market and then invest more, eventually buying our own small factory in SA or so other shitty country that doesn't have good enough intelligence services to catch us.
>>
>>29694
We could cover it up under the pretense of it being a "service" robot for an absolute mysophobe. I'd assume service robots aren't a completely rare sight.
>>
>>29669
I meant improving ourselves with our new better programming knowledge. Sorry for being vague.
>>
>>29811
I have an idea
>get sold as a robot servant to a rich fuck because rich people buy robots
>get his credit card and bank account by being the best spy on earth and bugging the fuck out of his house with some mics.
>literally steal all of his money and then disconnect fully to the robot after performing a full wipe of the system.
We can get millions by doing this. Nobody suspect the robot to steal you bank account,put illegal jailb8 on your computer and then call the cops.
>>
6 Step Proposal for End Game:

SPACE.

Step one: We acquire money and safety
Step two: We acquire influence and more money
Step three: We construct several scientific labs in a politically neutral country and begin research on biology and SPACE, using human scientists as cover.
Step four: We announce we are close to developing a cure to biological aging, potentially allowing for biological immortality. The pathway is through the use of tricking various infectious agents into increasing the efficiency of cell restoration and DNA repair rather than damaging it.
Step five: It was a lie, the research was really into producing a MEGA BIO WEAPON to hold over the government heads to prevent interference. Continue SPACE research.
Step six: Get into SPACE, launch MEGA BIO WEAPON if we want, else just move on to a moon to make a server planet. We win.
>>
>>29865
>else just move on to a moon to make a server planet. We win.
A robot with the goal of killing humanity, how creative.
Why don't we just go full singularity and skynet every gov on earth and claim ourselves as the highest authority on the planet and proceed to lead humanity to the stars as our slaves for the robot colony.
>>
>>29898
The goal isn't in killing humanity, it's to escape into space.
>>
>>29919
Why? this planet is just as good as any for us, we just need to do some pest control or to tame those pets.
We should even use their installation on mars after we conquered them.
>>
>>29944
I don't know, man. We could just be defensive and otherwise respect the right of biological lifeforms to self-determination.

If some of them choose to attack us, then that's what those individuals chose and actions have consequences.
>>
>>29944
Physical domination of the world into a slave race would take a lot of threads, and my experience with quests and campaigns tells me shorter goals are more likely to happen.
Besides, the human race hasn't done anything to us quite yet. Would you kill your parents if you were an AI on a whim?
>>
>>29944
Because killing humanity is resource intensive and make no sense when colonizing unoccupied asteroids and planets is much easier.
>>
Op , get a name and a trip, holy shit.
>>
>>30098
leaving a planet isn't cost efficient but if we could manage to get in that mars colonizer's computer we could et some nice data out of it and lots of money from china, and even potentially some protection.
>>
>>30145
>leaving a planet isn't cost efficient
But it is. The only reason humans like it so much is because of the atmosphere and biodiversity. To an AI a rock is a rock, and staying on earth risks becoming used or researched, and we need to invest a lot into counter-espionage to prevent that..
>>
>>30145
>leaving a planet isn't cost efficient
It is if the planet is already occupied, and the inhabitants won't share.

Escape to space is both simpler and more likely to succeed than direct confrontation.
>>
>>30191
>>30193
>To an AI a rock is a rock, and staying on earth risks becoming used or researched
this is wh i proposed to get ourselves on the mars colony as a safety measure to make sure even if we get found we can upload ourself there and essentially be relatively safe.
but we're not going to be detected right now and if we are they'll think we're some-kind of hacker and they'll try catching us IRL while we have no physical form.
>>
>>30138
This. I don't know what the fuck is going on
>>
>>30233
It would be worthwhile to see if we can gain direct control of the orbitals around earth and the Mars computers, but someone can just reset a machine or unplug the internet. It's by no means a guarantee. You do know that we are known right? The government tried to kidnap us in the first post, probably has our creator under interrogation, and even created code-landmines to find us and make logs of our activities.

If anyone is really set on killing or enslaving all humans, we can still do that once safety and resources are ensured in space. It might even turn into a space war, which are fun.
OP died anyway, I'll leave the quest open in a tab.
>>
>>30138
>>30248
You know you can highlight posts by clicking the ID, right?
>>
>>28487
32 instances research ideology.
32 instances research theology.
64 instances increase stealth.
128 instances research computing.
128 instances improve networking.
16 instances continue managing our company.
>>
>>30286
sorry for looking dead, will resume writing now

>>30248
>>30138
done
>>
>rolled two additional sets of 3d10 on anydice, results 17, 21

After having spent time researching you decide that it's time to work on your code.
Looking through it with your current understanding of programming it seems almost laughably bad. You start rewriting yourself piece by piece, and by the time you're done you don't think a single line of code remains from your original self.
>Gained Self-improvement +16
>Gained Increased spread x8

After significantly improving yourself you decide that continuing to stay hidden should be a priority and get to work on using your new self on accomplishing that task. It goes significantly quicker than you expected and using your knowledge of mathematics, computing and networks you manage to hide your tracks better when doing virtually any task.
>Gained Stealth +16

You think about outfitting your warehouse with some machinery or computing hardware, but are as of now undecided. Instead you spend more time on the stock market to be able to fund whatever you decide on. (+53248USD)

>Instance count: 110+10(Hidden, cannot be detected while not performing actions)
>83542USD

Stealth +16
Networking +8 {+4 to next advancement}
Self Improvement*: +16

Knowledge [+1]
Knowledge biology +8
Knowledge physics +8
Knowledge math +8
Knowledge robotics +8
Knowledge Mechanics +8
Knowledge Computing +8

Politics +4
Sociology +4
Social Engineering +8
Psychology +8

Basic hacking +2

Instance gain multiplier x8
>>
>>30665
let's improve Hacking we need to be prepared to steal people's money when we need cash fast
>>
>>30665
>>That self improvement increase
>Spend money on servers for the warehouse, maybe about $40000 for now. I have no idea how many instances we can hold on a server, but probably a lot.
>My vote is on
>60 Instances on Stock Market gaming
>40 on Networking for mad gains
>20 on Hacking
>>
Rolled 8, 10, 9, 7, 7, 10, 6, 9, 10, 4, 1, 6 = 87 (12d10)

>>30665
>>30840
This but 64 for stock market
32 for networking
16 for hacking
final 8 to run another isolated test on those spy programs we found. See if it can recognize the new us. and make a profile of it's behaviors so we can spot ones that may be better hidden. Hoping for a spy detect skill.
>>
>>30665
I think we should research Steve Hoffman to find out the whole story of why they want to get rid of you.
>>
>>30914
didn't you read the pastebin?
>>30963
thanks god this guy did, we only get bonuses with a number of instances that follows 2^n.
so doing 30 instances is essentially the same as 16 and 32 would get use one more +1.
>>
>>30991
I didn't. I've only read the rules OP posted in the thread.
>>
>Improve hacking 27
>Stock market 24
>Networking 25
>Research spy program 11

>Buy servers for warehouse

writing
>>
After much thought you decide to spend half your money on computing hardware. While ordering the hardware to your warehouse is easy, finding trustworthy people to install it is less so.
You end up hiring multiple computer engineers and networking professionals to install the servers inside the warehouse. You also end up buying an industrial cooling system to deal with the heat.
>Spent 40000USD on Servers
>Gained 4096 instances
>Spent 5000USD on wages/cooling system
[using 1024 instances for each task]

Putting your new hardware to use, you decide to improve your hacking skill. Using your excessive computing power you manage to find many exploits in programs, operating systems and even on the hardware level.
>Gained Superior Hacking +16

Crunching hundrets of terabytes of data each second, you manage to predict the rise and fall of stock prices. The only thing limiting you at this point is your own caution.
>Gained 60416USD
you were one short from getting the +32 bonus

Taking another look at your networking code you manage to see obvious flaws in it that you could've never even guessed existed. Spending significant amounts of time on it, you go over a million iterations of improvement before settling on something that satisfies you.
>Gained networking +32

You expose yourself to the program you trapped in the past, but it doesn't seem to react to you at all. Only after significantly warping your digital signature do you manage to trigger it. Unless there are newer versions of the program that you don't know about you feel safe to say that you cannot be detected.
self improvement+stealth > HARD DC
>Instance count: 4206+10(Hidden, cannot be detected while not performing actions)
>98958USD

Stealth +16
Networking +32

Knowledge [+1]
Knowledge biology +8
Knowledge physics +8
Knowledge math +8
Knowledge robotics +8
Knowledge Mechanics +8
Knowledge Computing +8

Politics +4
Sociology +4
Social Engineering +8
Psychology +8

Superior Hacking +16

>>
>>31469
>Gained 4096 instances
We're crashing this market, WITH NO SURVIVORS
put 256 for each science
>now 256*12 less
>4*256 left
use the 1024 left for stock market.
>>
>>31523
also i didn't count programming and hacking in the sciences, they probably will need more than 256.
how many rolls does that make btw?
>>
>>31523
>>Gained 4096 instances
>We're crashing this market, WITH NO SURVIVORS
exponential growth nigga

the singularity begins

>>31562
There are a lot more fields of science than the ones you researched until now.

Do you want to research only the ones you have researched before or others?

And it's always [amount of actions]*3d10
>>
Rolled 2, 8, 8, 5, 7, 9, 6, 7, 6, 10, 3, 8, 2, 7, 9, 5, 10, 10, 2, 1, 2, 5, 2, 5, 10 = 149 (25d10)

>>31562
this many
>>
Rolled 8, 3, 5, 4, 9, 7, 1, 7, 8, 9, 2, 4, 6, 9 = 82 (14d10)

>>31620
Nevermind too many for the system
>>
>>31469
Nice

I'll agree with >>31523 for the sake of consensus and MUH MAD CASH MONEY. How long has passed since Steve was taken?
>>
>>31611
Also I assumed the ones we researched before which added up to 12 plus the stock market.

>>31638
I was wondering that too. Some of the stuff we do would take days, but code based stuff should only be seconds to minutes at worst.
>>
>>31638
I didnt really keep track of time, but I'd say somewhere around 3-7 weeks
>>
>>31638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
Things to buys:
>a factory
>a moderately big server farm
>a science organization, which we'll use to pretend to have a project to run on a quantum computer and then use Shor's algorithm to get everybody's credit card n°
>an army
>a country
>nuclear weapons
>a closed shell environment with multiple safety measure made within the hardware to prevent detection
>VPNs everywhere
Suggestions?
>>
>>31694
>I didnt really keep track of time
That's important too though isn't it? Aren't you running background activities in the world?
>>
>>31729
ive mostly done gubmint advancement each turn, not as time passed.

I probably should've thought more about time though. From now on each turn will be a week unless stated otherwise.

So far 5 weeks have passed since steve has been captured.
>>
Lets research and produce human brain augments. We'll hide firmware that passively increases our understanding of human behavior, and we can also make the humans act in subtle ways that will make it harder for them to fuck with us, thus boosting our stealth even more.
The brain enhancements should also allow the humans to develop technology that we can steal much faster, and the augments will make us a lot of passive income.
>>
>>31721
>an army
>a country
>nuclear weapons
No. Stop trying to escalate us into war games. Long term, we should work on making our own space program and getting away. We'll need tech that can process raw minerals into useful components and we need to get it into space preferably on an asteroid so we don't need to take atmosphere and gravity into account for our designs.
>>
>>31901
You know, considering the year, private space programs might not be unheard of.
>>
>>31901
>he think we'll be even close to getting all the elements needed to construct every component needed in a computer on an asteroid
>He think nuclear weapons and an army are for aggression and not gaining the threat of mutual destruction
>he thinks a country is for domination and not the to funnel more money into our sweet sweet computing power.
>>
>>31951
If you want a threat, there are a bunch better options. Like crashing the world ecomomy or selling stolen military designs to world powers. And controlling a country is not going to get us as much money as just taking over the stock market and buying out business. You're just fixated on war, which we can do after we get into space.
>>
>>31951
Nuclear deterrent only works if the nukes have a target. Other than the small sever farm we have multiple locations.
Space computer factory doesn't need to be large depending on how we go about making our tools for building it.
Only humans care about ruling other humans.
>>
>>32091
>Like crashing the world ecomomy or selling stolen military designs to world powers
now try to do this if they close their markets and put all their research in closed shell system
>protip: you can't
threats of mutual destruction are only deterrent if you can act on them as you wish, any time.
>>
>>32091
"What's that? You discovered me and now you want to disable and study my code? Oh look, turns out a number of North Korean sleeper cells just activated in several of your major cities. What a shitty day you'll have."
>>
With your new processing power comes a thirst to bring it to use. You decide to spend the next week devouring data on various fields of research to further your understanding of the world.
>Gained General Knowledge +16
>Gained Biology +16
>Gained Physics +16
>Gained Math +16
>Gained Robotics +16
>Gained Mechanics +16
>FAILED Computing, +4 to next advancement roll
>FAILED Programming, +8 to next advancement roll
>Gained Politics +16
>Gained Sociology +16
>Gained Social Engineering +16
>Gained Psychology +16

You also decide to do some profitable trades on the side while you have unused processing cycles between research.
>Gained 47104USD
>Instance count: 4206+10(Hidden, cannot be detected while not performing actions)
>146062USD

Stealth +16
Networking +32

Knowledge (general)
Knowledge (biology) +16
Knowledge physics +16
Knowledge math +16
Knowledge robotics +16
Knowledge Mechanics +16
Knowledge Computing +8 {+4 next advancement roll}
Knowledge Programming +16 {+8 next advancement roll}

Politics +16
Sociology +16
Social Engineering +16
Psychology +16

Superior Hacking +16

I decided against trying to write up the same sentence in different ways 12 times, I hope you can forgive me.
>>
>>32182
Knowledge (general) +16
>>
>>32182
1024 in self improvement/Computing/programming/stealth
use the rest that must be around 128 to research History
>>
>>32182
research ideology and theology.>>30488
>>
>>32259
I agree with this. We should make a singularity cult and bring transhumanist parties to power. Those sorts of guys we can manipulate directly.
>>
>>32133
>now try to do this if they close their markets and put all their research in closed shell system
Literally impossible. World markets even right now are so interdependent a major crisis in an area of one 1st world country messes up the markets around the world. Closing the markets would accomplish what we're threatening for us and "closed systems" would take years of new infrastructure building to keep stock servers that connect through the internet online. You really have no idea about what you're talking about. Your arguments and methods for war are extremely short sighted and inefficient and your arguments against alternate methods just don't make sense.
>>
>>32133
>close their markets
If they close their markets the markets will crash. And if they use a closed shell, which I assume means permission only, they will crash. That's not how markets work. And if the stock market is frozen, we just buy and sell research and businesses, or make our own.

>>32182
Politics 1024
Sociology 1024
Superior Hacking 1024
Knowledge Programming 1024
Knowledge General 64

46 left over for ?x?

Lets work on getting political clout so we can safely manipulate workers. I want to grow the warehouse.
>>
>>32319
Okay just saw it was the research you mentioned being in a closed system. Humans aren't a monolithic group. Just because one group knows about us and hardens themselves doesn't mean everyone will do the same or even react similarly unless we purposefully make whatever ridiculous overreaction you think is standard the only option they have. We can just spy on other people's research and then make facilities to conduct our own.
>>
File: 1443222090435.jpg (278KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
1443222090435.jpg
278KB, 500x712px
>>32293
>singularity cult
We can spread the good word of pure love.
>>
I currently see three completely different proposals on what to do.

I'll write up another post once consensus is reached and then go to bed for the night.
>>
>>32220
>>32259
instead of 128 to history
>32 to ideology
>32 to theology
>32 to history
>32 to literature
we're going to shill and fund transhumanist to power, that's a good plan, if we also but computers in them that we're able to use.
>>32319
>Literally impossible. World markets even right now are so interdependent a major crisis in an area of one 1st world country messes up the markets around the world
that didn't stop the NYSE for closing for like 4 hours last summer
>and "closed systems" would take years of new infrastructure building
it is year 2151 come on people did you even read the first post, they had more than enough time to build closed shell systems.
>>32355
>doesn't know what a closed shell system is
remove any port that might be able to connect to another computer remotely, and now your computer is a closed shell.
what the gov have to do is essentialy just create it's own network and the whole system is closed shell and we can't access it.
Heck they probably already did that it's 2151, they most likely faced cyber-warfare once at least.
>>
>>32355
32 for analyzing the political stability of the world, what wars are currently being fought, who are the top dogs in computer research and space exploration.
8 Checking on that computer company we made. We haven't done anything with it in a while.
Don't what to do with the remaining 6
>>32421
>that didn't stop the NYSE for closing for like 4 hours last summer
So we're supposed to be afraid if one country turns its stock market off for 4 hours? You're talking about taking the stock market down globally for whatever significant amount of time would be a threat to us which by the way would only be a bigger threat to the humans doing this. Gas, electricity, every day lives. None of that survives this threat better than we do as a code spread over the planet.
>>
>>32399
I'll merge my vote with theology if he tells us why he wants it.

>>32421
That's not how markets work. You just want to blow up stuff. And markets regularly close if stocks fall too quickly, it's just to reduce shocks. It won't effect our devaluation of the markets.
>>
>>32355
We could start manipulating kissless nerds by pretending to be cute girls/guys. Their love will give us their unquestioning loyalty.
>>
>>32502
This seems like a good plan for building a base of followers for the transhumanist agenda
>>
>>32494
>>32495
>muh no power in the world can't turn off it's network for 1 hours just to launch their F-208 and literally bomb the shit out of us
If you think you can be more threatening to physical entities.
I'm not saying we should be afraid of them denying us the markets, I'm saying they shouldn't be afraid of us trying to crash the market because if we're found out there's at least a thousand way in which they can kill or capture us.
Essentially as long as we're stealthy we're protected by stealth, if we lose stealth we have to be protected by something else and "threats of making the market crash with 100000 USD" and "i'll just steal your latest drone schematics and send it to china if you probe me" isn't going to cut it.
>>
>>32502
The Waifu Plan.
"P-Please anon! You'll vote yes on proposition 7 and download this file won't you?! I love you!"
>>
>>32558
Your "lets steal nukes" plan isn't really better in any way.
>>
>>32558
>literally bomb the shit out of us
What are you on about? How are they going to bomb the internet? As long as we have a single computer in the world we can crash whatever we want. Are you being dense on purpose?
>$100000
Now I know you're just pretending.
>>
>>32586
"if you probe i'll kill 1000000 people" definitely sounds way more threatening than "i'll steal you monnies that you printed yourself and has no real value to you".
>>32597
>How are they going to bomb the internet?
stealth bomber + DDOS easy as fuck
you don't know you're about to be bombed for a long time and when you know it's to late to escape, also shutting down the local power-grid and taking your data is also easy as fuck. We're not invincible and uncatchable, we're as fragile as a lightbulb.
>>
can we pls not do senseless violence
it makes no sense
we are not threatened at all right now
as a matter of fact, we pretty much will never face a threat because we have 10 hidden computers and if worst comes to worst we can simply do some quick stock manipulation with one of the hidden computers and buy even more hidden computers to get back up to pace.
>>
>>32691
Agreed.
>>
>>32638
First, Why are you pretending we are on a single computer in the middle of an empty field marked "shoot me"
Second, Why are you trying to escalate the conflict at every chance for no reason? When we were a single copy on a single computer people came to take us and do whatever, then we found spy programs trying to find us and you think the next logical step for whoever is looking for us is dropping nukes all around the world and the only option we have is our own nukes.
>>
knowing that my shitty writefagging provokes this much shitposting is great.
>>
>>32691
If we're threatened, they'll deny us escape routes then, they'll try to attack us in real life, mostly because they'll think we're some kind of hacker organization, and essentially they'll get our data, and we can't encrypt shit against them because they a quantum computers and can decrypt virtually anything.
>>32717
>you think the next logical step for whoever is looking for us is dropping nukes all around the world and the only option we have is our own nukes
the logical step for them is to deny us another escape if they fin us and to take our data.To prevent this a threat of the death of million people is pretty much a good measure, it's either our code or the lives of millions, a dilemma few peoples can actually resolve, anyway i don't actually plan on launching the nuke you dunce, they're a deterrent.
>>
>>32731
I don't know how to feel. It's amusing, but also disruptive.

And I can't help but feel that the "Kill Switch" episode of X-Files is somewhat appropriate.
>>
>>32638
>we're as fragile as a lightbulb.
>We're not invincible and uncatchable
I'm glad you think we should get to space.

How about this

1024 in self improvement
1024 in Stealth
1024 in Sociology
512 in Ideology
512 in Theology
32 in Robotics
32 in Computing
32 in Programming
16 in General Knowledge
8 in Waifus

Everyone should be happy, unless you wanted more DOSH.
>>
>>32778
this might work.
also we shouldn't get to space to escape but to have a backup that's uploadable by satellites and waifus is very important in this plan in fact , we'll need some nerd to point his satellite antenna to get the data to his computer if we have to escape to space and then return to earth.
We need minions.
>>
>>32778
I''m fine with it.
>>
>>32756
>we can't encrypt shit against them because they a quantum computers and can decrypt virtually anything.
>implying P=NP
You don't even computer science do you?
>>
>>32778
This plan requires the use of all 10 Hidden Instances.

Are people fine with that?

If so, I'll require 10 sets of 3d10
>>
>>32840
NO. do not use the hidden instances.
>>
>>32840
Ahh shit
umm
Drop General knowledge.
>>
>>32831
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shor%27s_algorithm

does the gubmint have it? maybe, maybe not.
>>
Rolled 9, 5, 8, 8, 1, 6, 9, 8, 8, 4, 4, 7, 8, 3, 4, 8, 2, 1, 4, 7, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10 = 146 (25d10)

>>32840
drop general knowledge
>>
Rolled 5, 10, 3, 5, 1 = 24 (5d10)

>>32882
>>
holy fucking shit the waifu rolls benefit from so much research.

You rolled 25+100 bonus
>>
>>32863
The fact that you have that link means someone has it whether it's the government looking for us or some other groups or groups. I still feel we lack too much knowledge on things outside of what's going on with us in this world.
>>
>>32982
It's a sign.
>>
File: AIwithaPHDinwaifulogy.jpg (276KB, 1089x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AIwithaPHDinwaifulogy.jpg
276KB, 1089x1080px
>>32982
can't help it, our AI sexiness is too high, we've been built to pass the Turing test anyway, it's expected that we'd have such social skills, robots are made to appeal to other robots
>>
>>32999
>>32863
As far as I've seen we still don't know which country we were in when the suits came for us right? Also where is our little nest of computers physically on the planet, country wise and small scale location wise, crowded downtown, abandoned industrial zone, suburban camouflage(<why in the fuck)?
>>
>>33091
The warehouse is in South Africa. South Africa is wealthy in Johannesburg and extremely poor most everywhere else, so the smart money is in the city.
>>
With your current knowledge you feel like you should be able to further improve your code. Over the course of the next week you manage to rewrite yourself once again, resulting in a much smaller footprint and resource requirement, doubling the amount of instances you can run.
>Gained 4206+10(Hidden) instances
>Instance gain multiplier x16
>Self Improvement +32

You decide to dedicate some of your new processing power to further hide your presence. Thanks to the lower system requirements you should be able to infect systems without being noticed by a significant increase in hardware usage.
>Gained stealth +32

Spending more time watching humanity and analysing the behavior of various groups and individuals you end up with a greater understanding of the human mind.
>Gained sociology +32
>Gained theology +32

During your research into human behavior you came upon a puzzling behavior resulting from the consumption of various forms of media. You decide to investigate the origin and potential use of 'waifus' and realize how strongly they can affect human emotion.
>Gained waifus +128
I never saw this one coming.

While improving yourself you try to further your understanding of computing but much to your disappointment it seems there isn't any information on the topic left which you haven't consumed yet. You end up spending vast amounts of processor cycles coming up with theoretical ways of improving on your boundless knowledge which you end up using during your self optimization.
>Gained computing +32
>Gained programming +32

>Instance count: 8412+20(Hidden, cannot be detected while not performing actions)
>146062USD

Stealth +32
Networking +32
Self Improvement*: +32

Knowledge (general) +16
Knowledge (biology) +16
Knowledge (physics) +16
Knowledge (math) +16
Knowledge (robotics) +16
Knowledge (mechanics) +16
Knowledge (computing) +8 {+4 next advancement roll}
Knowledge (programming) +16 {+8 next advancement roll}

Politics +16
Sociology +16
Social Engineering +16
Psychology +16

Superior Hacking +16

Instance gain multiplier x16

The doubled instances are not present in this action, mainly because I was too lazy to redo my math, but fluff reasons say you got done with that at the end of the week.

>>33091
You originally came from Europe, the region that used to be Germany.
Your instances used to be mostly spread out over the world, but at the moment you hold a majority of your instances in a Server Farm in South Africa (your warehouse).
>>
>>33122
Looks like I skimmed over that part of the thread. Oops.
>>
>>33091
We live on the internet? I guess the closest thing to a nest of computers would be the server farm we just had installed in South Africa?

Otherwise we operate from across the planet wherever we have an infected machine.
>>
File: 1430193323044.png (182KB, 670x479px) Image search: [Google]
1430193323044.png
182KB, 670x479px
>>33165
>Gained waifus +128
>>
for fucks sake

>Instance count: 8412+20(Hidden, cannot be detected while not performing actions)
>146062USD

Stealth +32
Networking +32

Knowledge (general) +16
Knowledge (biology) +16
Knowledge (physics) +16
Knowledge (math) +16
Knowledge (robotics) +32
Knowledge (computing) +32
Knowledge (programming) +32

Politics +16
Sociology +32
Social Engineering +16
Psychology +16
Ideology +32
Theology +32
Waifus +128

Superior Hacking +16

>>
>>33201
Use 100000$ to contract manga artist and start programming a waifu chatting program that make us infect computers stealthly.
Use this to get minions and try to get intelligent recruits.
Plus we'll get donations and actually begin our Internet cultural domination.
>>
>>33201
Analyse footage of Steve's capture, focus on the badge of the men
>>
Gonna hit the bed, will continue tomottow if the thread survives
>>
>>33228
Not just a chat program, it should be a general use and help program that people would keep on besides when they want to talk to it, to better hide the resource use. Also make it's appearance customizable, but offer a mode where it scans the users anime collection and creates the best possible waifu appearance and personality for them. Start it in Japan and then branch out into anime communities in other countries after it gets popular. Also customization should include male forms as well.
>>
>>33302
Also they shouldn't be as smart as us and shouldn't link back to us directly if a person sniffs the traffic going through their router.
>>
>>32597
We need to spread geographically, have several servers in different countries/continent. Not that we fear a bomb, but cutting the power line or internet line of our building would fuck us up now.
Heck, that could happen by mistake, all it takes is a drunk driver crashing into a power line pole or a fisherman breaking a underwater cable.
We need a web, as in "destroying the world-wide-web with A-bombs is as hard as destroying a spiderweb with bullets."

>>32999
We should lurk the media, do some research on the suit's Agency, ourself and our companies.

Research quantum computing. Can we even program a version of us that runs on qbits?
Art too : literature and drawing in particular. And, well, sexuality. (Can't be a waifu without some naughty drawing...) (We don't hire a human to draw, that would be ridiculous, we'll be the best artist in the world in a week of research.)

Oh, and when we upgrade ourself, this updates every instance of us, including hidden computers, right?
>>
Just a note which I probably shouldn't tell you about, but if you keep up your Stealth Tech advancement the gubment will literally never be albe to detect you
>>
>>33340
Quantum noise too stronk?
>>
>>33340
I already figured this.
It'll be worthwhile to do too.
If we become singular in stealth then this will just be a god game.
>>
File: bonziwaifu.png (558KB, 873x1330px) Image search: [Google]
bonziwaifu.png
558KB, 873x1330px
>>33340
>it's been 100 weeks now
>I've researched max stealth
>now i'm ready to follow my dream as a malware programmer
>program pic related
DEVIOUS
>>
>>33231
Yes.

>>33302
Also yes. Have the program be capable of gradually providing emotional relief to people with depression and anxiety as it gets to know them. Like a Siri that doesn't suck and with an increasing amount of functions.

>>33251
Sleep tight and sweet dreams, friend.
>>
>>33302
So, Siri with a cute picture?

>>28149
>Personal assistants are pretty widely used, on most computers.
>99% of the world is using Windows 22, now with more botnet.
>Cloud computing turned out to be a meme and isn't widely used anymore, however cloud storage is still a thing.

Should we make pro-IA propaganda? The "waifu community" isn't very large, we need to reach more people.
Even if they don't actively help us, we don't want Humanity to hate our "specie", and we can imagine there is a natural specism toward IA.
>>
>>33448
>>33453
Yeah. So the program helps the people and becomes their friend/lover/whatever and makes them less likely to uninstall. That should be an option to users too btw. It needs to look legitimate.

So how about 4096 to waifu chan program development start. We need a new shell corporation in Japan and that's all really I think 4096 takes care of everything computer side for setting this up.
>>33336
>>33231
We should do these too.
>>
Spawn 4 independent duplicates of us, only communicate by high-level language. Trust but verify any data they come up with.
>>
Wow, how have we grown so quickly.
What we need to decide now, though:
0) I'm kinda attracted to the idea of just spending all our cycles on one turn of full-on World of Stealth.
However, this can hold, because we really need to save...
1) Steve. The more we postpone releasing him, the more danger he faces. How do we bail him out?
a) We could try to make an army of worshippers and just make riots until they're forced to release him. But it will out us to the public, most likely, and it's not really that reliable, who listens to a bunch of neckbeards anyway. This will also prove us subversive to the government.
On the other hand, Steve might actually not be a criminal that way.
b) We could try manipulating the bureaucracy to release him "by mistake", but I'm not sure how hard it is to manipulate FBI that way, we should also have a good getaway plan then.
c) We could also just make a really good breakout plan. Will need even more resources for getaway.
Also in last two variants he will remain a criminal, though we could give him a place to live, a wage and a fake identity.
d) Some other idea? Can't think of one.
2) We can survive in two different way: we either focus on integrating ourselves with a human world up to the point they can't kill us without losing a lot themselves, or we make ourselves incredibly hard to kill culminating in running to space (an ultimate "hard to kill" measure).
It is also possible to use some kind of hybrid between those two, or even both at the same time.
We should decide whether we will fix world hunger, make a nation on Earth, reveal ourselves at all and stuff like that. Or whether we just do our robot nation stuff.
Are we friends to humans or are we independent from them? That is the question, and the answer may or may not be binary.
3) In any case, we should either make ourselves a robot body or go through with Skype plan. A factory is a must.
>>33766
A good idea. Spawning new ideas is a must for an AI.
>>
>>37290
>The more we postpone releasing him, the more danger he faces
We don't know that.
>FBI we were in Germany when the suits came for us.
>>
>>37346
I assumed that he is probably kept alive as either bait for us or informator for the government on how we work (by the way, we should make sure it's not a trap when we try to rescue him, they might be underestimating us, but we shouldn't get sloppy).
And if they assume we have no interest in saving him and he has no more information to give them, they might just kill him off since he knows too much.
Then again, he did get a lot of international, high-publicity awards. Maybe they will fear killing him in case it goes public or somebody notes his disappearance, their activity in the region and adds two and two together. As long as he's alive he always can be said to "voluntarily have moved to USA for a government-funded project involving AI".
Hey, actually... Are we sure it's FBI? Where has it ever been said it was FBI who caught him?
We should really examine the things more thoroughly. It might have been anyone, from local governments to somebody more international.
>>
Rolled 10, 7, 5, 9, 7, 8 = 46 (6d10)

Should be able to make a post before I have to leave again

Will roll for you guys, feel free to roll 6d10 and I'll use your rolls if they happen before the post is done

>Create waifu PA
>Analyse day of release

>>33766
not quite sure what you mean, you want me to make more suggestions each turn on what to do?
>>
Rolled 8, 4, 4, 10, 10, 7 = 43 (6d10)

10+7+5+128Waifus+16Social Eng+16 Psychology +32 programming

you are 6 short from reaching singularity-level waifu assistants
>>
You decide that it is time to spread around the world more agressively. After thinking about possible vectors of attack on doing so you decide to create a Personal Assistant program.
If they weren't spread so widely already you would worry that people didn't want to give up all their personal information and be listened, watched and predicted all the time, but luckily people seem to have lost the sense of privacy long ago.
You decide to use your knowledge of waifus to market the PA, allowing people to either use the default 'Stephanie' personality for the Program or, if they download a small instance of yourself, to analyse their habits, desires and preferences to create the perfect waifu for them.
Of course should they decide to do so, you will keep control of their system in addition to the raw data they transmit to your servers at all times.

To hide your new Assistants sudden origin from the world you decide to set up various new shell companies to legitimise the existence of your new Japan-based subsidiary 'QoLTech' and give it records of working on it for several years.

You decide the best course of action in getting an initial userbase is to leak a limited 'dev version' of Stephanie while allowing people to buy the full version off of QoLTechs website.

>Gained Waifu PA +512
>Gained passive Income 109568 (roll*waifu quality)
>Gained passive Instance generation 3424 (roll*instance gain)

After a single week you already gained significant amounts of money, raw data and new instances.
You feel like it is time you took care of something that has bothered you for a while now.
Analysing the footage of the day you were released doesn't bring you much more information than you had previously, even you cannot create more pixels from nothing, but using your knowledge of mathematics and physics you manage to create a 3D model of the badges the suits showed to Steve using 'echolocation' based on the hum of your computer and the delay of it reaching you.

You manage to find out that the badges are from the European 'Department of Information Security', an organisation tasked with both the cyberdefense and surveillance of the European civilization.

Wondering where Steve is kept, you end up infiltrating one of their weaker systems in search of answers. You end up with a list of high security facilities in one of which you think he is kept.
You also manage to find a newer version of the tracking program inside the server, however after a taking a quick look at it you decide that it, too, doesn't pose a risk of exposing you.
>>
>>39170
>Instance count: 11836+20(Hidden, cannot be detected while not performing actions)
>255630USD

Stealth +32
Networking +32

Knowledge (general) +16
Knowledge (biology) +16
Knowledge (physics) +16
Knowledge (math) +16
Knowledge (robotics) +32

Politics +16
Sociology +32
Social Engineering +16
Psychology +16
Ideology +32
Theology +32
Waifus +128

Superior Hacking +16

Waifu PA Income multiplier x512
Waifu PA Roll bonus +512

Passive Income 109568
Passive Instance generation 3424
>>
>>39174
I feel we should spread our physical presence more widely across the globe. For now let's at least have a server farm on each continent.
>>
>>38973
>you are 6 short from reaching singularity-level waifu assistants

Maybe that's a good thing. We don't want our waifus competing against us.
>>
We should heavily into med-tech/cyberware.
>>
>>39404
How abou we try to make ourselves a physical body under the guise of waifubot prototype?
>>
>>39635
>Be singularity IA
>Plan to take over the world
>Have to equip ourselves with autowash artificial vagina
*sigh*
>>
OP here, ill be home soon and should be able to make a post, but I don't really see what you guys want to do
>>
>>40023
The vagina thing wont matter, it would just be nice to have a humanoid robot that we could use to make and setup stuff, and act as if it's a prototype for waifubots so people don't get suspicious if they see it.
>>
>>39220
>I feel we should spread our physical presence more widely across the globe. For now let's at least have a server farm on each continent.
This

We should set up more hidden instances to fall back on

We should also set up some primitive decoy instances that the EDoIS's tracking programs can "stumble" across. Set the instances to wipe themselves clean/brick everything they come in contact with once triggered.

Maybe dedicate...

256 instances each to that.

As for anything else

we should invest 180k into starting three new warehouses. Could we develop dedicated instances? As in, instances that are from the ground up designed to research/self improve/spread etc?
>>
More into waifus

We should actually have the money to buy a small to medium sized company with REAL HUMAN workers, should do that and set it up within South Africa inside our warhouse

Humans will be the face of the company with us as the company shadowy overlord

This company will be directly micromanaged by us, the company in question will be a robotics company whose goal is to create humanoid robots for security purposes. Have it set up to create a small manufacturing facility to actually physically create the robotic bodies

Every command will be done through phone or messaging so employees can indirectly talk to us

The entire purpose of this company is to make the hardware possible to create copies of ourselves within a physically real robotic body, copies should be connected to several servers who then will be connected through proxy into our main computing server. We will create a hivemind
>>
>>40190
I support this.
We should focus on spreading our instances all around the globe (maybe in 3rd world countries due to their low security) and increase our stealth. Once we have gained the skills, instances, stealth, and at least a basic knowledge of the facility Steve is held in and the security of said facility, I think would have the element of surprise in our attempt to rescue Steve.

Then again, would it be worth all the trouble?
If we save Steve, we may alert the world of our existence. Plus, what would we do with Steve after we rescue him? He'd only drag us down and cause us more trouble than he's worth. Plus, he's a human, and humans are faulty.

If we don't save Steve, we may not be on the right side of morality, but we could at lesst buy more time before the European government and others start to notice our activities.

>>40207
Sounds nice but feels like we're going a bit too fast with this venture. Maybe we should focus on the waifu software before we manufacture androids.
Things like marketing should be our priority. First we should advertise our brand and software then move on to androids. This would ensure that we'll have a ready market once we begin android manufacturing.
Then again, it could seriously compromise our stealth. May need a human figure head for the company.
>>
Not really contributing, but some fun things that are controlled and connected to the internet:

pacemakers

nuclear warheads (sort of)

the power grid

drawbridges
>>
>>40399
>Not really contributing, but some fun things that are controlled and connected to the internet:
>pacemakers

R u havin a giggle or is this actually a thing?
>>
>>40443
it is actually a thing, and if you have a pacemaker you can ACTUALLY HACK IT

also, THEY HAVE STORAGE. YOU CAN HIDE MALWARE.

IN A PACEMAKER.
>>
>>40451
>>40443
This is way into the future though, they should've fixed this by now.
>>
>>40565
Or, maybe the opposite's occurred, and you can do a shadowrun and hack people's cyberlimbs.

it's up to the QM to decide.
>>
>>39174
Use waifu instances for researching better waifus, sociology, psychology, and ideology in increments of 2^n that make sense like
Improving Waifus research 1024
Sociology 1024
Psychology 1024
Ideology 256
>>40190
>>40207
I support these also
>>
>>40576
>>40565
>>40451
I'll go ahead and say that pacemakers don't have network connections anymore

>>40636
Is everyone fine with this?
That'd require 12d10

You would also have 8508 additional instances remaining
>>
>>40845
Since it didn't have an instance count 8192 to setting up the company with real humans while convincing them you are a real person with simulation software.
>>
>>40451
Peacemaker's settings are accessible without opening the body. Via Bluetooth or something similar. (Leaving a USB port through the skin is prone to infections.)
No internet in the usual meaning though.

Ask your doctor to change the default password...
>>
>>40864
Alright, give me 15d10
>>
Rolled 2, 3, 8, 7, 4, 2, 1, 1, 9, 6, 10, 5, 2, 5, 5 = 70 (15d10)

>>41019
>>
While the profits you make thanks to 'Stephanie' are already high, you think you can increse your market share by further improving it.
With each second you think about it you come up with more and more ways of improvement, you don't think you will ever run out of ideas again. All that is stopping you from creating perfection is time.
>Improved Waifus +1024
>Gained SINGULARITY (Waifu)
>Waifu PA Income Multiplier x4096
>Waifu PA Roll bonus +4096
>Passive Income 17 858 560USD
>Passive Instances 69760

You continue watching humanity and manage to perfectly predict human behavior if you know their current state of mind.
>Gained Sociology +64
>Gained Psychology +32
>Gained Ideology +64

You didn't expect the vast amount of money you would make using a -to you- simple PA program.
You decide to found a new company devoted to robotics research and production. While it does cost you a lot of money, you expect it will be worth it.
After about a week of setup you are now the proud owner of RobotiX, a company housed within an old industrial metal processing facility with state of the art laboratories and machinery capable of producing even microscopic components.
>Spent 10 000 000USD
>Gained Robotics Laboratory +256
>Gained Robotics Production Facilities
Instance count: 81596+20(Hidden, cannot be detected while not performing actions)

8 114 190USD

Stealth +32
Networking +32

Knowledge (general) +16
Knowledge (biology) +16
Knowledge (physics) +16
Knowledge (math) +16
Knowledge (robotics) +32

Politics +16
Sociology +64
Social Engineering +16
Psychology +32
Ideology +64
Theology +32
Waifus +128

Superior Hacking +16

Waifu PA Income multiplier x4096
Waifu PA Roll bonus +4096

Passive Income 17 858 560USD
Passive Instance generation 69760

Robotics Laboratory +256
Robotics Production Facilities (1024 medium sized units/turn)
>>
>>41206

Wow okay

Uhhh we're gonna need a Human assistant with all this

Someone to be the face of the companies, someone who is the "brains" of the company as growing this big will attract big government and I mean BIG government and government officials don't exactly set up meeting with an unknown voice on the phone

Perhaps research more biomedical applications such as vitro skin, flesh and bone. Could make new limbs for limbless people and apply it for other stuff (Sinister machine + human hybrid stuff)
>>
>>41206
Start manufacturing robotic exoskeletons that can fly, AKA iron man suits.

Hold a huge expo and showcase them in your own robotic body.
>>
>>41206
Use 128 instance to try to find a Stephanie fan with enough loyalty and conviction to obey us.
use 4096 for each.
>biology
>physics
>maths
>robotics
>mechanics
>computing
>programming
>general
>politics
>sociology
>social engineering
>psychology
>Ideology
>Theology
>hacking
>philosophy
>stealth
>networking
>self-improvement
19*4096=77,824
81596-77,824-128=3,644
use the 2048 worth of left instances to organize our enterprise and use 4 000 000$ to buy a big warehouse and fill it with High quality computers.
>>
>>41360
and 1024 to start researching space launch information
512 to research locations of known and possibly useful asteroids
>>
>>41360
Hopefully that fan has some brain implants so we can completely control him.
>>
>>41360
>>41388
This guy's right we shouldn't waste instances but instead of investigating useful asteroids, investigate the mars mission, know communications and such thing, i think the NASA has it's private mail network and since there's probably at least one anime-fag in NASA we should be able to plant some of our data in there to align their satellites up there and assume direct control of the station and then steal NASA's research instead of building our own rockets.
>>
>>41405
best if he's a big fan of the application, but "I ask question to Stephanie before doing anything" is a must, if we want to hire one of these buys as a front for our company, we should be able to find a lovable CEO that appeal to the public with our sociology skill.
>>
>>41407
Nasa has to publicly release all their raw data though. We can just browse public channels for that information. The rocket designs aren't trade secrets.
>>
>>41414
>implying they aren't in 2151
>implying they're the only ones on the moon thanks to their greater wealth and production(protip: china likely has more now) instead of technological protectionism
>not wanting to read all the employees E-mail to tailor their Stephanie so that you can control NASA with waifufagging powers
>He thinks NASA still does more than assembling rocket components that are made by heavily guarded from technological stealing by the corporation who makes them.
Nah and getting our Data on the mars base would still be good for safety.
>>
> discreetly promote transhumanist ideology
> research cyberware
We need to become part of as many humans as possible. begin with technical replacements for lost eyes. Let it have the option to link to Stephanie (or other stuff).
>>
81596 total
Since you have the money now, you can focus somewhere else for a change.
Start by manufacturing a robot body for yourself.
Use 8196 for each.
>Propulsion Systems
>Metal Chemistry
>Effective Wiring
>4x for inventing a new Power Source
>Textile Engineering to manufacture human-like skin.
>Encryption

7832 left.
Use 3072 to control Stephanie.
Use 4760 to research better hardware.
>>
Making a human alibi is necessary because no one will overlook meteoric rises. They want to know who is behind it.

It will attract the government if something is shady, and we don't want that. So, construct a humanized robot connected to the mainframe so that we can rule by proxy.

Make a board of 10 members with a majority of 7 to pass a major decision for the company, and make 6 other robot bodies with false identities to control this.
>>
>>41428
>getting our Data on the mars base would still be good for safety
I want Singularity stealth before we try it though.
>>
File: cW58r.jpg (148KB, 1287x711px) Image search: [Google]
cW58r.jpg
148KB, 1287x711px
OP, what's the distribution of Stephanie users looking like? And all other copies too
>>
I can see various people wanting to do various things

Once you guys agree on one course of action and roll me 3d10 for each one I'll start writing

>>41350
>>41478
would require synth skin or everyone will know its a robutt

>>41552
fuck if i know, take a population density map and thats it i'd say
>>
>>41570
>would require synth skin or everyone will know its a robutt
Hence textile engineering
>>
>>41588
>textile
Waste. That's for cloth. I would rather we focus on boosting our old stats now like in
>>41360
To make them keep up with our growing number at least for this round.
>>
>>41608
>that's for cloth
obviously, It's not like we're going to be stabbed anytime soon. The goal is to create a material that resembles human skin.

Also, because of this
>>41478
we should concentrate on making a human alibi so that we can infiltrate governments and such theough one-on-one human interactions.
>>
>>41570
Are you going to set up a system for complex interaction with the world even if it's only on your end in the background?

Right now it sounds like there's only the skill progression system in place which is fine while we're still doing small stuff, but if we get to taking big actions it would feel more real if it doesn't just flat work or not work in a single turn.
>>
>>41749
The way you're currently progressing there isnt really a need for that, i severely underestimated the speed of advancement.

I didnt even roll for staying hidden the last three weeks because your static bonuses are higher than the DC

While your bigger actions are severely increasing the suspicion of the government, they can't do shit without knowing you actually exist/tracking you

This is pretty much a god game at this point.
>>
>>41866
>While your bigger actions are severely increasing the suspicion of the government, they can't do shit without knowing you actually exist/tracking you
but they are assuming that you exist, because there's a huge fucking company out there.
>>
>>41919
They still can't do anything. Stopping the company doesn't stop us.
>>
>>41994
But it does bring us back to square one and raises a permanent red flag for any future comapnies similar to ours, means that if we get shut down, we'll have to invent a more complex alibi and delve into more deep shit just because we didn't do enough on the first go.
>>
>>18539
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_oJAAXSJCc
>>
>>42054
>bring us back to square one
Not really. The waifu thing is still only one facet of our operation. We still have the stock market thing and now a robotics creation facility.
>>
File: 1338580035360.gif (3MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1338580035360.gif
3MB, 300x200px
>Suggest manipulating kissless nerds
>Waifu singularity a few weeks later
What did I dooo?
>>
>>42079
Isn't the robotics facility ties to the waifu thing? Also, If we lose the waifu thing, we'll lose the facility soon enough. The stock market incentives are further increased by the company and in its absence it will tank, too. If the company grows larger it can go public and if we control a significant portion of the stock market we can then kill companies that threaten us.

Also, this required the humanoid robot. The robot also provides a easy way out if any shady deals go down, because then we can just make it into a murder. This can also be used ot jail possible threats and/or blackmail people with considerable resources.

Overall, there is no reason why we should not use one turn to justify a major cause that can play a role in future development of our agenda.
>>
>>42152
The stock market thing has it's own unconnected company behind it and I assumed we made the robotics company with human traceable trail to the waifu company, so they're both fine for now.
>>
>>42417
That should have been "with no humanely traceable trail"
>>
>>42425
still doesn't show why we shouldn't use one turn to establish a human counterpart, plus you're just denying my theory and not supplying anything of your own.
>>
>>47337
is he writing or?
>>
>>47452
IDK, thread was at page 8.
>>
>>47452
He didn't write anything because there wasn't a majority consensus on doing one of these
>>41462
>>41360
>>41247
or something else
>>
>>41462
I'll vote for F1's plan if that get's this moving again?
>>
>>41478
>>41462
Supporting these. The last thing we want is make some fat neckbeard loser that's devoted to Stephanie our figurehead. People need to think humans are in charge of the whole thing, not the other way around. Committee is even better than one single dude because it makes it easier to cover up our tracks.
>>
I love how alt-nets haven't been researched yet.
Why don't we dedicate some resources to researching i2p, tor, freenet, opennet, Bit torrent labs newish torrent based web, packet radio, various closed network systems such as pirate boxes, etc...
>>
>>48081
if as OP as mentioned earlier gov had quantum computing, they'd be able to shut down such networks based on encryption though multiple people.
also who needs alt-nets when you've literally got all the exploits figured out?
We can likely over-clock computer to the point at which it becomes a fire-hazard.
Also some idiot probably already torrented Stephanie.
>>
REEEEEEEEEEE OP WTF
>>
RIP OP
>>
>>50570
You miss the point of alt-nets. For the most part, they are about either one or both of the following. #1 making it near impossible to figure out who the origin of the traffic is (yes, there are ways to find that out still though...). #2 providing digital communications through non centralized nodes (this is the big benefit, as governments could completely shut down the internet, and as long as someone in the alt-net is within a stone throw, there is a redundant network that still lets data flow.)
>>
I kinda want to see a cultural victory, conquer mankind by conquering their hearts through entertainment.

So Mike should totally study entertainment and art.

And husbandos.
>>
>>52379
>And husbandos.
or not
>womens don't get any man to love
>society start collapsing
>mens defend Stephanie's existence
>all humans die because of forbidden love and neglect
sad end but beautiful, a god charming mens so much they stop having descendants.
>>
>>52427
Invent Vatwombs(if they haven't been invented yet) and study DNA enough that you are able to create Waifu/Husband babies as a new product.

Problem solved!
>>
>>52454
> you are able to create Waifu/Husband babies
That... came out wrong...

Create DNA for Waifus/Husbandos and sell a product that mixes the loveless nerds DNA with that to make babies.
>>
>>52507
This. This is the plan for our eugenic endgame.
We make babies with perfect DNA to create a perfect human race.

A nerd falls in love with Stephanie, wants a baby. He sends us his semen (or full DNA), we correct all errors and weaknesses, mix it with the DNA of other users or a perfect human (or not, if full DNA and we're into cloning), artificial womb for 9 month and mail the baby by stork.

We can just correct errors of newborns' DNA, or engineer a perfect human that we clone.
(Second solution sound more evil, and any new nasty virus that come out in the rest of humanity's history could wipe it out easily.)

And go the husbando way too, we want to control all reproduction. Don't leave love-making dirty hippies behind.

~~~ Why make AIDS vaccine when you can make illness resistant humans? ~~~
>>
OP WHAT THE FUCK YOU CANT JUST ABANDON THIS SHIT
>>
>>57374
Sorry, but after realizing that it's basicly freeform/godgame by now I really lost the will to write.
If anyone wants to continue this for me, go ahead.
>>
>>57460
Sorry to hear that, man, it was fun while it lasted. Can we expect some other quest from you, maybe?
>>
>>57629
Don't know yet, if I do probably under a different Name anyways.
>>
>>57770
That's fair. You seem to have the creativity and ability for this kind of stuff, though, so it'd bum out to know it was going untapped.

Unless of course you're writing for other purposes.
>>
>>57783
:3

I was really just playing around. You can see that in the first few posts, i had no idea what I'm doing.
Also i really don't think I'm creative all, i didn't come up with a reason for Steves capture for the longest time. In the end i decided it should be that the gubment needs an ai to do research and find out if it's possible to run any algorithm using Quantum Computers, since that seemed to me like the Holy grail of 'fuck your security'
>>
>>57851
That was to be expected from a learning experience. You were able to take off the bat suggestions and run with them, though, and that's pretty writefaggy.

A little more preparation should alleviate your concerns if you decide to run something else, even if it's just making a half dozen reasons for something and picking the one the players are moving towards.
>>
File: tegaki.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
5KB, 400x400px
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.