[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest Beyond the Gate: Chapter 75

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 499
Thread images: 5

Rolled 95 (1d100)

>/qst/ Thread Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Beyond%20the%20Gate
>QM Twitter: twitter.com/SmileytheQM
>General Info (Updated as I go): http://pastebin.com/ffH25ciB

"Wh-what the hell is that?" Hella shouts.

The cloud creature shrieks, sounding vaguely like... a howling wind. You reach out and grab Hella by the back of her collar, yanking her to relative safety behind the pedestal.

Then you roll out from behind cover, creating a buckler as you tumble so you're ready by the time you get your feet.

But the creature has other plans, flying towards Madelaine and bringing it's scythe-like arms to bear.

She gets a desperate wind blade off to deflect one arm, but she doesn't have time to get out of the way of the other... until you send your buckler over.

The creature's arm slams into the small shield, stressing it almost to the breaking point immediately. It holds just long enough for Madelaine to twirl away and prepare for whatever it does next, and you rush to her side as it shatters.

Recognizing the new threat, the creature howls again. Its howl quickly rises in pitch, and the wind blasts you away from it.

You tumble back and hook your mageblade into the ground to stop yourself from going off the edge, then get back to your feet and get ready, searching your surroundings for the creature.

It's gone...

"Madelaine!" You call out, as you run over to her. "Did you see where it went?"

Madelaine is slowly getting back to her feet. "Yes" She says.
"Where?" You ask.

She stands up, keeping her eyes closed for a moment... she takes a deep breath in. "Raligos is here" She says, in a voice that is both hers and not hers...

She opens her eyes, which now shine bright green, and swings her sword at you...

>Roll 1d100 with focus

Boss music: https://youtu.be/gP_HG-cVlfo
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>1838125
Nat 100 incoming
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>1838125
Hey smiley
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>1838125
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>1838125
That focus
Evening Smiley
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>1838125
>>
>writing
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>1838125
>>
You jump away from her, backing away from her first swing as your blade comes up to parry her second.

Whatever has been done to her, she is much stronger than she was. She strikes so hard that you have to keep a death grip on your blade, and her sword is wreathed in cutting winds that nearly blow your blade away when your focus falters.

She strikes again, and again... using heavy overhand slashes, rather than the precise stabs you're used to seeing her do.

She pushes you back, before grabbing your collar and throwing you back toward the pedestal, where you barely manage to land on your feet.

You sense danger before you even look up, and tumble forward as the ground behind you is ripped to shreds by a flurry of wind blades. When you come back to your feet you fire off a Soul Blade of your own, and watch as she deflects it with her bare hands.

"Pathetic" She says.

You stand and take a moment to breathe.

"If this is all that can be mustered against me, then this world shall be mine" She says.
"To be fair, had we known something like you would be up here we would've brought more people" You say.

She smiles. "But you did bring more people, didn't you?"

You scowl.

"And where do you think they are now?" She asks.

>What did you do to them?

>I'm here. I'm enough.

>Other
>>
>>1838252
>>
>>1838252
>>
>>1838252
>>What did you do to them?
>>
>>1838252
>I'm here. I'm enough.
>>
>>1838252
>I'm here. I'm enough
>>
>>1838252
>>What did you do to them?
>>
>writing
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

"What did you do to them?" You ask.

She smiles and raises a hand. "See for yourself"

You mind is suddenly bombarded with images... They're all of the lower rooms of the tower.

You see Derrick, weeping over his mother and sister in the last room. You see Ilica, clutching a dead child. You see Emi, curled up next to an older Serpid...

"They are weak"

All of them made it to the last two rooms, with the exception of Stoencht, who you see clutching his head and screaming in the library...

"How can they overcome their outside enemies..."

Gerard couldn't get past the family... Ava and Meyu were crushed by the sight of their dead loved ones...

"If they can't even overcome their own desires?"

Finally, you see Zaine... he's not in any of the rooms. He's at the top of the final stairway, directly behind Madelaine...

"And what about Madelaine?" You ask.
"She cannot even overcome her own mind" She says, as she raises her sword. "She will kill you, and then we will leave this tower, and then I will be free once more"

"There's one problem with that plan" You say.

"Spare me. Do you really think you can stop me?" She asks.
"It's not about what I think, and it's not about what I can do" You say, as you prepare yourself. "It's about what I have to do"

You feel the winds pick up around you. The fight continues...

>roll 1d100 with focus
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>1838356
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1838356
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>1838356
rolli-
>>1838369
YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi
>>
>>1838369
AYE
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>1838356
>>
>>1838356
>>1838369
I kind of wanted to see us roll three ones and see how Smiley described it.
>>
>writing
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>1838356
That focus roll
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>1838356
eh, i can still try to hit the focus...
>>
You step forward, letting whatever spell it was using crash behind you.

Whatever this creature is, the only thing special about it seems to be its ability to possess people. Aside from that, it might as well be a normal monster with some powerful wind magic.

Once you know that, the only real question is: how to destroy it without killing Madelaine?

Crossing blades with it, you find that it's still just her... only stronger. You let the edge of your blade dull as you duel with the beast. It seems frustrated to no end that it cannot push you back anymore, and it raises its hand to blow you away.

Before it can get off its spell, you create another buckler and knock its arm up. The spell goes wide, and you lock blades with it, forcing its sword down so you can headbutt it.

Madelaine reels back, enraged that you've touched her... it.

"I will not be stopped by the likes of you!" She screams.
You smile and give your blade a twirl. "Big talk for someone being stopped by the likes of me" You say, as an idea comes to you. "Serves you right for picking the weaker body"

"This body has my strength" She says.
"I'm sure it does" You reply.

Madelaine fumes, but before she can take a step forward the ground swallows her feet, trapping her in place.

She looks around for the culprit, but Zaine remains hidden.

"Very well. You want me to take the stronger body?" She asks.

The howling wind picks up and she throws her head back, opening her mouth wide as a tornado emerges from it.

Now's your chance.

>Roll 1d100 with focus
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>1838477
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>1838477
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>1838477
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>1838477
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>1838487
Forgot my focus.

>writing
>>
>>1838492
If DC was less than 80, we got a pass AND focus!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
It takes form above her, turning back into the cloud-beast from before.

You expect it to come at you with its blade... instead its body becomes a green glow, and flies through your head, quicker than you can react.

You turn to see where it went, and the landscape shifts.

You're back in Locke. The city is burning. You look for the Legions banners, but find none. The people are killing each other, their eyes green, and their faces twisted with rage.

"See the weakness of your people"

You watch your friends murder each other. Mothers smother their babies in their cribs. Children turn on their parents and siblings...

"Their minds are fragile, easily broken"

You watch this "plague" spread, overtaking the entire city, then spreading to the next city, and the next...

"When my master returns, there will be none to oppose him"

"It's a terrible sight, to be sure" You say with a smile. "There's just one problem"

The vision returns to Locke. At peace.

"You're not free" You say. "In fact, I'd say you're quite the opposite"

You will your assailant into being. A dark creature made of clouds.

"You think you can fight me here?" It asks. "The human will is weak, and that weakness is my domain"
"Well it's a good thing I'm both not weak, and not a human then, isn't it?" You ask. "You don't have my mind. You don't have my body. You don't have your freedom"

You draw your blade and activate it, creating a blade that looks nothing like energy, but one with the appearance of red steel.

The beast shrieks, creating blades from its arms, and coming at you.

>1/2
>>
It strikes with all the strength of its prior strength, but you are more in here than you were out there. You block it with ease, and slice off its other blade arm.

"You cannot stop me!" It shouts as it reels back.

"Out there, maybe not" You say. "You're a fearsome creature out there. But you're in my mind now"

The wind howls, and the scene of flames and death returns.

"This is your future. The only future" It says.
"A nightmarish future" You say. "But that's all it is. A nightmare. A frightening dream that dissolves in the morning when the sun rises"

Light bathes the scene, extinguishing the flames and washing away the blood.

"And the sun always rises" You say.

The wind starts howling again, and the creature begins to fade. It's trying to leave...

>Let it

>Stop it

>Other
>>
>>1838615
>Stop it
>>
>>1838615
>>Stop it
>>
>>1838615
>>Stop it

Nuh uh bitch you came into my house you don't just get to leave whenever you want.
>>
>>1838615
>Stop it
>>
>>1838615
>>Stop it
>>
>>1838615
>>Stop it
>>Other
Bring it to you
>>
>writing
>>
>>1838615
>Stop it
>>
>>1838615
>Stop it
>>
"And where do you think you're going?" You ask.

You will the creature to stop its retreat and return.

"You came in here of your own accord, thinking you could break me with your visions" You say. "And now that it hasn't worked, you're just going to leave?"

You step forward.

"No. You fight here, by my rules" You say.
"Very well" It says.

The wind gathers around it, and it grows larger. Its blades becomes sharper and more fearsome, and its eyes glow brighter.

"I am Raligos, Sovereign of the winds" It says, as it points its blades at you. "I will turn your mind into your grave"

"I am Yuu Gallant, Prince of Lubars" You reply. "And you will never be free"

Raligos roars, bearing down on you with all its might...

>Roll 1d100 with focus
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>1838709
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>1838709
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>1838709
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1838709
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

And focus roll

>writing
>>
File: yeah.jpg (29KB, 250x291px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.jpg
29KB, 250x291px
>>1838717
>>
>>1838725
Welcome to the Mental Fortress Yuu
We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave.
>>
File: 1464785393017.jpg (91KB, 859x997px) Image search: [Google]
1464785393017.jpg
91KB, 859x997px
>>1838725
>>1838714
>>1838717
HERE WE FUKKEN GO
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>1838709
for the focus
>>
It strikes the ground beside you with all of its might, shattering the stone roadways and sending pebbles flying everywhere as you nimbly step aside.

You stop the shattered pieces of road in midair, sending them all at your opponent. The rocks and gravel pelt ts face, going right through it and landing a ways behind it.

It slashes again, its blades meeting yours again and again. Raligos' assault is ferocious, but you don't budge an inch.

As you clash with it, you lengthen your sword. Each parry and counter forces it back a little ways, as your reach extends.

"You cannot protect them from me!" It roars, as a thousand wind blades emerge from its body.

You create a thousand shields to match. "I can, and I will" You say. "The people out here may be weak, but I'm not"

"And you will fall!" It says.
"Maybe some day" You say. "But not today, and not to you"

It charges you again, and you summon up chains to bind it down. The green emblem that Madelaine had appears in your hand, and you see what you need to do.

You attach the emblem to your blade, causing it to become green, and change shape into a scimitar like blade. You can't seem to alter that shape, but it doesn't matter. You leap forward, and plant the blade into Raligos' chest.

The wind shrieks, and its body begins to disintegrate and flow into your blade.

As the last of Raligos disappears, you close your eyes... when you open them, you're back in the tower.

The emblem is in your left hand, and Madelaine is grasping it tightly in both of hers. Zaine is also nearby, and your feet are stuck in the ground...

>I win

>Where's Hella?

>Let's blow this popsicle stand

>Other
>>
>>1838802
>>I win

>>Where's Hella?
>>
>>1838802
>I think we all learned a valuable lesson about touching mysterious artifacts on top of spooky towers without being ready
>Now let's go get everyone else out of the trials
>>
>>1838802
>>I win

>>Let's blow this popsicle stand
>>
>>1838802
>I win

>Where's Hella?
>>
>>1838802
>>I win
>>Let's blow this popsicle stand
>>
>>1838802
>I win

>Let's blow this popsicle stand
>>
>>1838802
>I win

>Where's Hella? We need to go get everyone else too.
>>
>writing
>>
>>1838802
>>I win
>>Where's Hella?
>>
>>1838802
>I win

>Where's Hella?

Well, this certainly explains what the point of all those trials was
>>
"I win" You say with a smile.

"You win?" Madelaine asks. "What do you mean?"
"I mean, I trapped Raligos in my mind and killed it" You say, holding up the emblem. "Well... I think I trapped him in this thing..."

"So it's done" Zaine says.
"It's done" You reply.
"I let you out of there, and you're not gonna turn on us?" He asks.

He steps up, looking suspicious. "And what's one thing you want most right now?" He asks.
"Food" You reply. "Think that one room with all the food in it still works?"

Zaine and Madelaine look at each other.

"It's definitely him" Madelaine says.

You feel the ground under your feet shift, and set you free.

"Thanks" You say. "Where's Hella?"
"Behind you" Madelaine says. "She had a panic attack and fainted while we were trying to snap you out of it"

You frown, turning around to see her lying on the ground.

"Should we wake her?" She asks.
"No..." You say, as you lean down and sit her up so you can give her a peck on the forehead. "She's had a rough time... let her sleep"
"You're gonna carry her?" Zaine asks.

You get your arms underneath her and lift. "Of course" You say. She's not as light as a child would be, but she's not too heavy to lift. "Let's go. The others are still below"

>1/2
>>
With Hella in your arms, you head down the stairs.

"So how did you end up getting through all those?" You ask Zaine.
"Not much a man like me wants" He says. "I've got money, a full belly, I've never wanted a throne, books bore the shit out of me, I love my wife, I've got a family, and I've yet to see a death that truly bothers me"

"Must be nice" You say.
"It's average" He says. "But there's a certain tranquility to accepting mediocrity. I might never be great, but I'll never be unhappy"

You nod.

"How about you three? How'd you all get through it?" He asks.
"By remembering that what I want is up top" Madelaine says. "Though apparently that wasn't enough..."

"It almost had me a couple times" You say. "The family room was rough, but the last one..."

"Who'd you see?" He asks.
"It was me" You say. "Me before I was me"
"That's strange" Zaine says.
"Not so. I saw him too" Madelaine says. "He seemed... really glad that I was alive, but he couldn't say why"

You smile. "Maybe I had a crush on you before" You say.
"Maybe..." She says. "I am quite good looking"

>What say?
>>
>>1838933
>Check her out
Hmmm maybe an 8/10
>>
>>1838933
>Tell her she's cute
Remember your training, Yuu
All girls like to be told they're pretty
>>
>>1838933
>Agree
>>
>>1838933
>so I guess the point of the tower was to have it so anyone who could make it through all the rooms to the top wouldnt be mindjacked by that guy...Which makes it weird that Madeline got taken over so easy.What up with that?
>>
>>1838933
>You're pretty cute, but you lose points for not have a tail
>>
>writing
>>
You look her up and down, humming to yourself all the while.

"You're cute, I'll give you that. But I'll only give you an 8/10" You say.
"The fuck? Only 8?" She asks.

"You lose points for not having a tail, and also because I'm hungry and the number 8 appeals to me right now" You say.
"I appeal to change that number. I may not have a tail, but I do have a fantastic butt" She says, turning herself as she walks down the stairs to show you. "See?"

"Nice as it may be, my decision stands" You say.

She pokes her tongue out at you.

"Alright you two. Save the awkward flirting for later, when I don't have to witness it" Zaine says.
"We're not flirting" Madelaine says.
"He was complimenting your butt" He replies, putting a hand on her shoulder. "That's flirting"

"I guess it is..." You say, remembering back to when Stella told you the definition of flirting...

You reach the bottom of the stairs and head into the first room. The chair that the other you sat in is now gone. Instead, Emi, Derrick, Ava, and Meyu are sitting together in the center.

Emi is wrapped around Ava, whose hair and feathers are dark blue. Next to them are Derrick and Meyu.

"Y-yuu?" Emi asks.
"What the hell is going on here?" Derrick asks.

>I won

>This place is just fucked up

>Ask how they're feeling

>other
>>
>>1839002
>This place is just fucked up

>Ask how they're feeling
>>
>>1839002
>>This place is just fucked up
>>Ask how they're feeling
>>
>>1839002
>I won
>You guys doing alright?
>>
>>1839002
>I won

>Ask how they're feeling
>>
>>1839002
>We beat the final boss of the tower, some random blowhard.
>You guys gonna be okay?
>>
>writing
>>
>>1839002
>Some eldritch abomination at the top got inside my head and Madeline's head, then he died.
>>
"This place is just kinda messed up" You say. "I think it was all a test to see who could make it to the top"

Derrick snorts. "And we failed" He says.

You shake your head. "Don't beat yourself up" You say. "I saw what happened to you guys... I don't think I could've made it past here if I had been inyour shoes"

Meyu stands up. "I've never seen anything like this" He says. "It was... like she was really here... I could talk to her and hold her again, but when I took her in my arms he died all over again"

Ava lets out a sad chirp, and Emi tightens her hug.

"What was at the top?" Emi asks.
"Some beast called Raligos" You say. "The description on the pedestal called him a Deviant Soul"
"Did you kill it?" Derrick asks.
"Not sure if it can be killed at all... but we did seal it-" You kneel so you can rest Hella on your leg, freeing up your other arm so you can show them the emblem. "In this"

"That looks like one of the slots from the cave" Meyu says.
"I think so" You say, as you pocket the emblem and lift Hella back up. "We'll head back there once we've all rested, to see if it's true"

"What happened to her?" Emi asks.
"Long story..." You say. "You guys alright?"
"Yeah... I think we'll be fine" Derrick says.

"We should get going, then" You say. "I'll tell you guys what happened once we've got everyone"
"Good plan. I think we could all use a rest, and a good meal" He says. "Let's head down"

>1/2
>>
It takes a while to coax Ava out of Emi's coils, but you do manage. She doesn't seem all that happy about it, though.

Hella wakes up as you're going down the next set of stairs, freaking out as she does and nearly making you both tumble the rest of the way. After assuring her that you're not possessed anymore, you make it down to the next room.

There you find Ilica and Gerard sitting against the far wall.

"Hey" You call out. "You guys okay?"

Ilica's ears perk up, and then her head, and then the rest of her, as she bounds forward and tackle hugs you.

The sheer force of her leaping hug nearly knocks you off your feet, but you manage to stagger back and stay standing.

"I-is that a yes or a no?" You ask.
"No..." She says. "I had- there was- m-my little kittens..."

You wrap your arms around her as she starts to bawl, while Meyu, Zaine, and Madelaine go over to Gerard.

"I know..." You say. "It's over now"
"It is... but they were there" She says. "I had them in my arms... and they all just died... and now they're gone"

>We should go...

>I'm sure you'll have real kittens someday

>You remember them. That's enough

>Other
>>
>>1839105
>>I'm sure you'll have real kittens someday
>>You remember them. That's enough
>>
>>1839105
>>
>>1839105
>>I'm sure you'll have real kittens someday
>>You remember them. That's enough
Unconsciously touch the drawing as you say this.
>>
>>1839121
This
>>
>writing
>>
"You'll have real kittens some day" You say, as you scratch the back of her head. "Until then, you'll remmber these ones... that's enough"

Ilica starts to purr, and you feel her relax... for about five seconds. Then she realizes that she's being watched, and she wriggles away from you.

"Y-yeah... that's enough" She says.

"Are we good to go?" You ask.
"We're good" Meyu replies. "Do we have everyone?"

"Nope" You say. "Stoencht is below"
"In the sex room?" Madelaine asks.
"Further down" You say. "He's a scholar, remember?"

"Ah, yes..." She says, as she turns to Gerard. "All things considered, I'm surprised we found you here and not there"
"I'm not" Zaine says. "But we'll talk about it some other time... let's grab the scholar and get the hell out of this place"

>1/2
>>
>>1839105
Do not touch the photo
>>
>>1839178
TOUCH THE PHOTO, HANG IT ON THE FRIDGE
>>
You head down through the sex room, which still smells faintly of that perfume...

"So..." Madelaine says.
"No" Meyu replies.
"You haven't even heard the question!" She says.
"I know what it's gonna be" He says. "and the answer is no"
"Fiiiine" Madelaine says, as she moves away from Meyu, and heads over to Derrick. "Sooo..."

"You don't wanna know" He says.
"That bad, huh?" Madelaine asks.
"Not bad, just... you don't wanna know" He says.

"Was it her?" You ask.
"It was not her" Derrick says.
"Ouch" Madelaine says.
"Was it..." You look around the room. "Emi?"
"No"
"... it wasn't my mom, was it?" You ask.

Derrick looks horrified. "Oh my gods, no! How could you even say that?" He asks. "It was Marybell, alright?"
"Hmmm...?" You say. "I see... I'm sure she'll be delighted to hear it"

His gaze turns several shades of menacing, and he pulls his sword out a little ways... "And she's not gonna hear it from any of you" He says.

>Madelaine saw you

>Tell him who you saw

>Ask Ilica about it

>Ask Emi about it

>Fiiiine

>Other
>>
>>1839204
>Madelaine saw you
>>1839196
NEVER
>>
>>1839204
>Tell him who you saw
>>
>>1839204
>>Tell him who you saw
>>
>>1839204
>>Madelaine saw you
>>Tell him who you saw

>>Ask Ilica about it

>>Ask Emi about it

>Captcha is semen
>>
>>1839204
>Madelaine saw you

>Tell him who you saw

>Ask Ilica about it
>>
>>1839204
>Fiiiine
>>
>writing
>>
>>1839204
>>Fiiiine
>>
>>1839204
>Ask Ilica about it
>>
"It was Hella and Cheska for me" You say.

Derrick gives you an odd look.

"What?" You ask.
"Nothing..." He says. "Just a bit of an odd mix"
"That's nothing. Madelaine got you and me" You say.

Both Madelaine and Derrick's faces turn bright red. Madelaine grabs your ear.

"Whyyyyy would you tell him that?" She asks.
"Because you have the best embarassed reactions" You say. "See? Your face matches your ha-"

Madelaine knees you in the groin, causing you to crumple to the floor. Then she storms off.

"Okay" You say through gritted teeth. "I earned that one"
"Just a bit" Ilica says.

"You okay?" Meyu asks.
"I've had holes in my chest that hurt less than this" You say. "Gods, why would something so painful be in such a kickable location?"
"Because the gods are cruel bastards, and they made us as a joke" Meyu says. "At least, that's what my dad used to say... come on, up you get"

Meyu and Derrick help you up, lending their shoulders to you so you can keep going.

Having learned your lesson, you decide not to ask anybody else about their visions...

>1/2
>>
>>1839266
note for later, invest in a cup
>>
You use their shoulders until you feel like you can walk on your own again, and even then you have to take it slow...

You find Madelaine waiting outside the room, looking cross. The others go on ahead down the stairs, leaving you to work things out.

"S-sorry about that..." You say. "I may have crossed the line a bit there"
"You did" She says, as she sighs. "But, maybe I reacted a bit harshly"
"Friends?" You ask, as you offer her your hand.

"Friends" She replies, as she shakes hands with you.

She decides to help you get down, since you can't quite move your legs properly right now.

"Out of curiousity" She says. "What were the girls wearing?"
"Some kinda skimpy, lacey, pink see-through number" You say. "At least I think it was see through..."

"You think?" She asks. "Couldn't you see through it?"
"I could, but that could just be my eyes" You say.

Madelaine looks weirded out. "C-can you see through my clothes now?" She asks.

You look her over. "No" You say.

She lets out a relieved sigh.

>Ask what she saw when she was possessed

>Ask what you and Derrick were wearing

>Ask what she'll do now that the tower is done with

>Other
>>
>>1839309

>>
>>1839309
>>Ask what she saw when she was possessed
>>Ask what you and Derrick were wearing
>>
>>1839309

>>Ask what she'll do now that the tower is done with
>>
>>1839309
>>
>>1839309
>>>Ask what she saw when she was possessed

>>
>>1839309
>>Ask what she'll do now that the tower is done with
>>
>>1839309
>>
>>1839309

>>
>writing
>>
"What did you see... while Raligos was in your head?" You ask.

She flinches, like the question struck her physically.

"It was like a nightmare... You... Meyu... everyone, all dead, all... killing" She says. "I felt helpless"
"I saw the same thing" You say.

She looks down. "How...did you fight back?" She asks.
"It was my brain" You say. "And it was only a nightmare"
"Only a nightmare?" She asks. "Like it wasn't the most horrible thing you've ever seen?"

"You know... on the night of my birthday I had a strange dream" You say. "I had woken up, and the bunnies were gone. I went to check on the children and they were... dead, and strung up"

Madelaine looks horrified.

You reach over and hold her head with your hand. "But that was only a nightmare" You say. "I woke up, and I went to the girls' room, and I made it right"

"But this was-"
"Only a nightmare" You say. "A terrifying thing to see, but one that disappears when you wake up"

"How did you get it out of me?" She asks.
"I convinced it that it couldn't beat me with your body" You say. "I was expecting it to try and fight me for real, but instead it made the mistake of trying to possess me"

"I guess you're just stronger than I am..." She says.

You pull her in for a hug. "Maybe" You say. "But it's a strength I'm willing to share"

You hold her for a second, and give her a squeeze before letting her go.

"Also, I happen to have a big, glaring weakness" You say.
"Your nuts?" She asks.
"My nuts" You reply. "Holy shit why does it still hurt?"

Madelaine giggles, and continues helping you down the stairs.

"So what was I wearing, anyway?" You ask.
"Black silk pants and a vest" She says. "You pulled it off rather well"
"Yeah?" You ask.
She nods. "The vest showed off enough of your chest to see your pecs, but it hid just enough to make your scar look mysterious, instead of big and gnarly" She says.

"Hmm..." You say. "That sounds like a good look... maybe I'll take you clothes shopping one of these days and you can point it out to me"

She punches you lightly in the side. "Ass"

>1/2
>>
When you get down to the library room, you see everyone trying to console a hysterical Stoencht...

"What's wrong with him?" You ask Meyu.
"I'm... not actually sure" He replies.

You frown, and head over to the scholar. "What happened?" You ask.
"I've forgotten all of it!" He says.

"All of... what?" You ask.
"Everything!" You say. "The tome poured knowledge into my open brain! It was so much that I thought my skull would break open just trying to hold it all!"

"Isn't that good then?" You ask.

"No! All the secrets! Answers to every mystery! I had them and now they're gone!" He says, as he starts bawling.

"Th-there there..." You say. "Look on the bright side, now that you've forgotten all those secrets and mysteries, they're all still out there for you to discover"

His eyes go wide. "By the gods... you're right!" He says, as he hops to his feet, hugs you, and dashes out.

"Someone wanna explain what just happened there?" Meyu asks.
"I told him what I told myself in here" You say. "Knowing everything would just be boring. There's more fun in a mystery"

"Well, he's probably not comin' back" Derrick says. "Wanna tell us what happened now?"

>Wait till you're out of the tower

>Tell them on the way down

>Other
>>
>>1839400
>>
>>1839400
>>Tell them on the way down
>>
>>1839400
>>Tell them on the way down
>>
>>1839400
>>
>>1839400
>>
>writing
>>
You tell them the story from the very beginning, where you saw them all go up and stayed behind with Hella...

"So you could see us" Derrick says.
"Not at first. But my eyes... I guess adjusted would be the right word" You say.
"Strange" Derrick says. "But I don't think that's the first time it's happened"

"No?" You say.
"The first time you ever fought Pip, her blurring spell worked on you" He says. "Since then, no light magic has ever had the same effect"
"Is that what she was doing?" You ask. "Is that not cheating?"

"Not for her" He says. "Anyway, go on"
"Right..."

You continue the story, skipping through the floors and stopping briefly to talk about the other you, before going on to Raligos. Then you tell them about the fight, how it possessed Madelaine and you convinced it to leave. Then it possessed you...

"-which turned out to be its last mistake" You say. "Once it was in my head, it was on my turf, and I kicked the shit out of it... then I sealed it in the emblem"
"How?" Derrick asks.

>Tell them

>Show them

>Other
>>
i'm still mad about that stella room, i really want yu to go after her,
>>
>>1839429
>>Tell them
>>
>>1839431
Mariella just wants to be real anon. You can make it happen.
>>
>>1839429
>>Show them
>>1839431
then we would have failed the trail
>>
>>1839431
But Stella worst girl

>>1839429
>Show them
>>
>>1839429
>Show them
>>1839431
>>1839448
Nah
>>
>>1839429
>Show them

>>1839431
>>1839448
Tell Stella that Raligos has the soul of her unborn daughter and she must breed immediately.
>>
>>1839429
>Tell them

>>1839431
Amen, brother.
>>
>writing
>>
>>1839451
It means we conquered the trial, defeating the illusion and making it reality
>>
You pull out your mageblade, and the emblem. Like you did in your mind, you collapse the guard of your blade around the emblem. It fits almost perfectly. Then you activate it, and the strange green sabre comes out again.

"Whoa" Derrick says. "How the hell is it doing that?"
"No clue" You say. "But I did this, and then I stabbed Raligos with it, and it sealed him in the emblem"

"If the other ruins are like this one- let's hope not -but if they are, that will be useful information" Meyu says. "Strange how it needs a mageblade, though... you think the people who built these things knew you were coming?"

"Maybe" You say.
"Really?" Meyu asks.

"Look... I just fought a millenia old wind monster who can possess people by luring him into my brain and stabbing the hell out of him. I'm not discounting anything at this point"

Meyu shrug. "Fair enough" He says.

You finally emerge from the tower, and look towards the setting sun. It's well below the horizon now.

"It's late" You say. "What say we eat, sleep, and talk about this tomorrow"

No one disagrees.
>>
That's all for this arc!

There will be another thread for it, with a quick trip to the cave, and then to Locke where you'll decide where to spend the timeskip. But otherwise all the important events have passed.

I will likely run again during the week, then take a break for a bit while I put stuff together for the next part.

As always I'll be sticking around for question/suggestion time!
>>
>>1839487
Thanks for Running Smiley
>>
>>1839487
Thanks for running Smiley! Looking forward to the next arc
>>
>>1839487
Thanks for running Smiley!
>>
>>1839487
Thanks for the run Smiley
>>
>>1839487
By the way, when do you expect the next thread to be?
>>
>>1839487
Can you tell us how some of the people we didn't bring would have done at making it to the top or not? I'd guess Storm and Namaki could have made it to the top, Stella, Cheska, and Altea probably not. Storm I'd say would make it for same reason as us and Madeline. Namaki seems like she'd be pretty good against this kind of opponent. Cheska and Altea have too much obvious baggage and I figure if Hella couldn't make it that Stella would have enough too.
>>
>>1839499
There are 7 more towers to visit so im sure different combinations of people will join us each time
>>
>>1839501
Yeah, but I presume (perhaps wrongly) that each tower will be a different trial.
>>
>>1839499
Only one that I disagree with there is Altea. She's much stronger than you seem to give her credit for.

>>1839501
This tower housed the Deviant Soul of Will. The other Deviant Souls have different domains, and thus different challenges in their ruins.
>>
i wanna vote to go for the magic yuu, cause we are one of the few people who can use chaos/soul magic and the other 2 paths too choose from can be substituted by just having a rouge or warrior in the party
>>
also smiley how long is the time skip gonna be?
>>
>>1839512
2-3 months
>>
>>1839507
My opinion was written with the presumption that the tower would consume almost anyone who couldn't directly counter the magical effect or had no baggage to speak of. Would change things depending on whether strength of will was a viable option for a remotely reasonable person.
>>
>>1839513
how are you gonna handle them, like is i just gonna be yuu does that one thing for the time skip and doesn't even go off to interact with his friends, cause that's my main concern,
>>
>>1839516
It's a test of will, tempting you with your own desires. You didn't truly counter the magical effect, and Yuu nearly faltered a few times. It all comes down to willpower: whether you have the strength to push past these temptations or not.

Altea has that strength. the last 2 rooms might have given her pause, but they wouldn't stop her.

>>1839521
He'll interact with whoever else is there, depending on where you go (looks like Leon at this point). When the choice comes, I'll give a more detailed description (stat/spell gains, who he'll be spending time with, what other things he might learn, etc.)
>>
>>1839527
It's just i am really worried, like say we pick an option in which we don't interact with emi or stella , when the timeskip ends we won't be friends with them anymore, cause 2-3 months without talking to someone is gonna be awkward when you meet up again
>>
>>1839533
>when the timeskip ends we won't be friends with them anymore, cause 2-3 months without talking to someone is gonna be awkward when you meet up again

Bruh you live a sad life if not seeing someone for 2-3 month means your not friends with them.
Sounds like you need better friends.
>>
>>1839533
Yuu will only grow closer with the people he's with, not farther from the people he isn't. He'll either be writing those people often, or they'll have tons of stories to share when they finally meet.
>>
You sit at the table eating breakfast in silence. It seems like no one wants to talk this morning.

Everyone only spoke a bit about the Tower last night at dinner, before heading off to the housing area and settling into a cot at random. The beds here were... adequate, and there was enough for everyone. Well, everyone but Hella and Ava.

Ava was still pretty shaken, so Hella offered to snuggle with her. You're not sure if it helped all that much, but in your experience a little snuggling never hurts.

Looking around the table, you notice that Ilica and Stoencht are both missing. Stoencht is probably with the other researchers here, sharing his experience inside the tower. Ilica is... you think she might still be in bed.

>Go see Stoencht

>Check on Ilica

>Go pack your stuff

>Other
>>
>>1846269
>Check on Ilica
>>
>>1846269
>Check on Ilica
>>
>>1846269
>Check on Ilica
Evening Smiley, enjoying the return of the smoke
>>
>>1846269
>>Check on Ilica
>>
>>1846269
>>Check on Ilica
>>
>writing

>>1846286
Apparently it's Washington that's on fire this time?

It's actually kind of bizarre how it blocks out the sky. I did a double take on the sun yesterday because it looked like something out of an apocalypse movie.
>>
You quickly finish up your breakfast and stand up.

"Where are you off to?" Emi asks.
"I'm gonna go check on Ilica" You say. "She seemed pretty shaken last night, so I want to make sure she's alright"

"Okay... she's probably still in her cot" Emi says.
"Thanks... how about you?" You ask.
"Me?" She replies.
"Are you feeling alright?" You ask.

"I'll be fine" She says, as she raises her arm and makes a muscle. "I'm made of tough stuff, you know"

You chuckle, and wave to Emi as you head back to the sleeping area, which is inside a large building on the far east side of the camp.

Sure enough, every bed is empty save for one. Ilica ended up with one of the larger, comfier beds since she went to bed earlier than everyone else. Which makes it almost comical to see her curled up right in the middle of it.

It doesn't look like she's asleep...

>Apply scritches

>Ask how she's doing

>Rip the blanket off

>Other
>>
>>1846355
It was honestly way cooler than the eclipse was imo you could actually look at the sun and see its actual shape.
>>
>>1846377
>>Apply scritches

>>Ask how she's doing
>>
>>1846377
>>Ask how she's doing
>>
>>1846377
>Ask how she's doing

>Apply scritches
>>
>>1846377
>Apply scritches
>>
>>1846377
>Apply scritches

>Ask how she's doing
>>
>writing

>>1846378
I'm sure the eclipse was cool in the places where it was total. I only got about 90% here.
>>
>>1846377
>Apply scritches
>>
>>1846422
I was in the province next to yours and it barely got to 70%, cool but not really amazing or anything like the smoke made the sun.
>>
You walk over and sit down on the bed beside Ilica's curled up form, peeling back the blanket over her head so you can scratch her ear...

"How are you doing?" You ask.

She sighs. "I don't wanna talk about it"

You lean over so you can see her face. She looks sad... "You don't have to if you don't want to, but I don't like seeing you this way" You say. "You being sad makes me sad, and I don't like being sad"

She rolls over, uncovering herself a little and putting her head in your lap. "Sounds like there's gonna be a party in Locke" She says.
"Yeah. Big end of war celebration" You say. "Feeling up to it?"
"Maybe..." She says. "I was kind of hoping I could go see my family in Sherton first, but it's a little out of the way"

"A little" You say. "We could always do what we did on the way here. I have the faster cart, so I could take you to Sherton for a bit, and then we can head to Locke"

"When would we get to Locke?" She asks.
"I dunno... I think it's about 5 hours from here to Sherton, and then another 5 or 6 to Locke" You say, as you check your timekeeper. "It's 5 right now... leave in an hour or two for whatever happens in Sherton... if we left in an hour, we'd be there by 5 or 6"

"That's a bit late... and it'll be a lot of driving" She says. "I couldn't ask you to do that..."

>That's why I'm offering it

>Suit yourself

>Other
>>
>>1846473
>>
>>1846473
>>That's why I'm offering it
>>
>>1846473
>>That's why I'm offering it
>>
>>1846473
>>
>>1846473
>>
>writing
>>
"I know, you're way too nice for that" You say, still scratching her ear. "That's why I'm offering it, instead of making you ask"

"R-really?" She asks. "I'm not sure what to say..."
"'Yes' would be a good place to start" You say.

"That-... yes. I'd like that" She says.
"Cool. We'll leave in an hour, then" You say. "Maybe this time I'll get to see my favourite little hand-muncher"

"This time?" She asks. "And is there another little hand muncher?"
"Yeah. I came up through Sherton, and saw Katherine at the hall" You say. "And the other hand muncher is Delilah, from the Rynia house"
"A noble handmuncher" She says. "Faaaancy. What are they like?"

"Nice enough people. Very persistent in trying to shack me up with their daughter..." You say.

Ilica cracks up. "They want her to marry you?" She asks.
"Apparently I'm a good catch..." You say. "Being a prince and all"
"Oh yeah..." She says. "Should I be calling you by your title now?"

"Nah, the usual names'll be fine" You say. "Y'know, Yuu, dumbass, jerkface"
"I have not called you jerkface" She says.
"No? Huh... maybe you should. It's got a nice ring to it" You say.

Ilica giggles, and then starts purring...

>You should get breakfast

>I want to go see Stoencht

>Keep scritching

>Other
>>
>>1846558
>>You should get breakfast

>>I want to go see Stoencht
>>
>>1846558
>Keep scritching

>>
>>1846558
>Keep scritching
>>
>>1846558

>>Keep scritching
>>
>>1846558
>>I want to go see Stoencht
>>
>>1846558
>Keep scritching
>>
>writing
>>
You move your hand and start scratching under her chin, and she rolls over onto her back and lifts her head to make your job easier, purring the whole while.

"So what's your plan after this party is done?" You ask.
"Mrahm gonna go with Hella out to the camp" She says. "A bunch of us newbies are gonna be there, and there's supposed to be plenty of small fry monsters for us to hunt"

"Sounds like a fun time" You say.
"Why not join us? It'll be way more fun with your around" She says, as she poke you in the chest. "Plus you make a great meatshield"

"Maybe... I've got a few options right now" You say. "That's why I went to visit Namaki"
"What did she have to say?" She asks.
"Something along the lines of not thinking about what I wanted to do, but what each of these things would make me into" You say. "It's either the hunters, or the scholars, or the First Knight"

"Didn't he try to kill you that one time?" She asks.
"He did... otherwise he seems pretty cool" You say.

Ilica rolls back over onto her stomach and sits up, before leaning over to give you a hug.

"I need to get some breakfast" She says. "Meet you by your cart at 6?"
"Sounds good to me" You reply.

She squeezes you, holding on tight for a second before releasing you and nimbly hopping off the bed.

"See you then" She says, as she walks away. You can't help but notice that she's got a bit of a spring to her step...

Well, no reason to hang around here... not unless you plan on napping, which you don't. You have plenty of time before 6, so you think you'll-

>Talk to Madelaine about the cave

>Go see Stoencht about the emblem

>Other
>>
>>1846650
>>Go see Stoencht about the emblem
>>
>>1846650
>Go see Stoencht about the emblem
>>
>>1846650

>Talk to Madelaine about the cave
>>
>>1846650
>>
>>1846650
>>
>>1846650
>>
>writing
>>
You hop off the bed and head for the main building of the camp, where the researchers do their work.

A good portion of those researchers had been broken by the tower's trials, but have since started recovering after Raligos' defeat.

As you walk, you pull out the emblem and examine it. It seems to be made of the same metal that the tower itself was coated in, giving it a shiny green exterior. At its center is an emerald sphere, which alone could probably buy you a mansion if you sold it... and you might be tempted to do so, if there weren't a Deviant Soul sealed inside.

You have no idea how this thing works, but you can feel something from within. Nothing like the hateful aura you'd imagine Raligos itself would be exuding right now... it feels more like simple raw power.

When you reach the main building, Stoencht is waiting for you outside.

"Welcome and good morning!" He says.
"Hey... you seem chipper" You say.
"New opportunities for knowledge always puts a bounce in my step" He says. "You're just in time, I was going to go get you"

"You wanted to take a look at the emblem?" You ask.
"Yes, if you don't mind" He says. "This place has good equipment. Almost on par with what we use at the archive, so we can get some good readings on it,and possibly learn more about this... deviant soul"

>Study the emblem

>Show them the sword

>Tell them about Raligos
>>
>>1846749
>Study the emblem

>Tell them about Raligos
>>
>>1846749
>>Study the emblem

>>Tell them about Raligos
>>
>>1846749
>Show them the sword
>>
>>1846749
>>Study the emblem
>>Tell them about Raligos
>>
>writing
>>
You go inside with Stoencht, where the other researchers are waiting. He wasn't kidding, they have some nice equipment in here.

After making them promise not to mess with it, you hand over the emblem and they start working.

"What are they doing?" You ask Stoencht.
"Viewing its energy input and output" He replies. "That's what that machine there is for. The other one is for looking at how it effects mana flows around it"

"Neat" You say. "Why are they doing that?"
"Because they discovered that the tower had the unique property of turning mana into wind magic" He says. "Do you know what the only other things that can do that are?"

"Wind mages, monsters, and devices?" You ask.
"Precisely" He says. "Though devices can't do it on their own. They need the aid of a generator. The idea of an object that can make these conversions on its own is... well, the impact could be staggering"

"You remember that there's a creature sealed in there, right?" You ask.
"And that's the next thing they'll be studying" He says. "Just how is that object enchanted to allow it to contain something so powerful?"

"Just as long-"
"As long as they don't mess with the containment and release it" He says. "They'll be careful, I understand that you wouldn't want to face such a beast again... and speaking of which, would you mind telling me about the fight?"

"Sure..." You say.

Stoencht whips out a notebook and readies a pencil. "So... you say it could enter a person's mind" He says.
"Possibly its biggest strength, and its fatal weakness..." You say.

>1/2
>>
"Interesting..." Stoencht says.
"Indeed. It's definitely posible that this is what whoever built this place had in mind" Another researcher adds. This one is a woman, with thick glasses, frizzy hair, big buck teeth, and a flat tail.

"Solid theory. Defense?" Stoencht asks.

"It's clear that the tower was meant to contain this 'Raligos'" The woman says. "But it was also meant to allow someone to get in and unseal him. Such a person would need a strong will, like Yuu has, in order to resist its possession"

"So they built the tower to use Raligos' own powers as a defense, so that anyone who made it to the top would be prepared for him" Stoencht adds. "But if he was so dangerous, why seal it at all? Why not kill the creature and be done with it?"

"It's possible that they couldn't" You say.
"What kind of creature is unkillable?" Stoencht asks.

The lady researcher's eyes light up, and she scampers off to a bookshelf. After a few seconds, she comes back with a heavy looking tome.

"What's that?" Stoencht asks. "The First Heroes... why is a book like that here?"

"Shh!" The lady says, as she flips through and shows Stoencht a marked passage. "Here! Malieria's harbingers"

"-could be killed as any other monster" Stoencht reads. "But on the 'morrow would return... you don't actually think that Raligos was..."

"It's the only unkillable creature on record" The lady says.

Stoencht swallows, suddenly looking very nervous. "I'd better go make sure they don't mess with it..." He says, as he heads off to the other group.

>Go with him

>Talk with the lady

>Other
>>
>>1846830
>>Talk with the lady
>>
>>1846830
>Talk with the lady
>>
>>1846830
>>Talk with the lady
>>
>>1846830
>>Talk with the lady
Beaver chick
>>
>writing
>>
"What was your name?" You ask.
"Carla" She says.
"Nice to meet you" You say, as you shake her hand. "I'm-"
"Yuu" She says. "We... already know your name"

"Yeah, that's not the first time this's happened" You say. "Have you been studying here long?"

"Ever since the tower first repaired itself" She says. "I was one of the people who went in with the first expedition... so you can imagine how grateful I am to you for defeating that creature"

"Don't mention it" You say. "To be honest I wasn't really thinking about saving other people when I fought it. It was more of a 'kill or be killed' sort of fight. Especially after it invaded my head"

"Well... you still have my thanks" She says. "If there's anything you need, just ask"

"Can I see that book?" You ask.
"The First Heroes?" She asks. "Have you not read it?"
"Nope. I just heard the story from a friend, so I've been curious as to how the full this goes" You say.
"Well, you can keep this copy" She says. "It's not our only one. We had a few brought here when we first started considering the Tower's origins"

"Thanks" You say, as you take the book.
"Now if there's anything else, just let me know" She says. "Me and the others would be hapy to oblige you'

You nod, as Stoencht walks back to you with the emblem in hand.

>They finish already?

>What did you find?

>Show them the sword

>Other
>>
>>1846864
>>What did you find?

>>Show them the sword
>>
>>1846864
>>They finish already?

>>What did you find?

>>Show them the sword
>>
>>1846864

>Show them the sword
>>
>>1846864

>Show them the sword
>>
>writing
>>
"What did you find?" You ask.
"It definitely exudes wind magic" Stoencht says. "We currently have no way of knowing how to extract it, though"

"Then there's one more thing to show you" You say, as you draw your mageblade and take the emblem from him.

Slotting the emblem in between the guards, you snap them shut and activate it. Like before, you get that strange green saber instead of your usual blade.

"Well that's strange" He says.
"This is what I used to kill Raligos... or seal him in the emblem" You say.

"Would you mind taking that over to the machines?" Stoencht asks.
"No problem" You say.

>1/2
>>
You hold your blade out in front of the machines as the various researchers tune them and read their findings...

"Anything interesting?" You ask.
"The blade is pure wind magic" Stoencht says.

"So... like mana-"
"Not like mana" He says. "Just... magic. Mana is what we convert into magic, which is what the emblem is doing. It's taking mana, turning it into pure magic without a spell, and the addition of soul is causing it to take shape"

"Any idea why?" You ask.

The researchers all look at each other, and shrug. Stoencht takes a seat.

"I'll take that as a no" You say. "Do you still need it?"
"No. We've gotten ample readings" Stoencht says. "It should be plenty for future research. The emblem is yours, and to be honest I don't feel comfortable experimenting on something that holds such a powerful creature"

"Alright" You say, as you deactivate your blade and remove the emblem. "Is there anything else?"

"There shouldn't be, unless you'd like to stick around for a bit" Stoencht says.

You look at your watch. That took about half an hour, so you've got another 25ish minutes left...

>Ask what you might be able to do with the wind blade

>Go find Madelaine

>Go let Derrick know what your plan is

>Other
>>
>>1846918
>>Ask what you might be able to do with the wind blade
>Try out a special attack.
>>
>>1846918
>>>Go find Madelaine
>>
>>1846918
>Go let Derrick know what your plan is
>>
>writing
>>
>>1846918
>>Go let Derrick know what your plan is
>>
"Is there anything interesting I could do with that wind blade?" You ask.
"I've no idea" Stoencht says. "I suppose you could use some rudimentary wind spells with it, but I'm unsure how you'd go about casting them. Perhaps I'll try to work something out with the data we've collected"

"Alright" You say. "I'll head out now. Are you coming back to Locke with us?"

"I am. I believe the mercenaries are taking an interesting stop on the way there, and I'd hoped to join them" He says.
"Alright. See you there, then" You say.

As you head for the door, Stoencht starts talking to Carla. You hear just enough of the conversation to learn that she's a scholar of history and archaeology... which makes sense, she did take a historical angle on things.

Once you're out of the main building, you get Coral to lead you to Derrick. You're going to have to find some way to really reward her for her work in the tower... maybe you'll get her a wardrobe of her own. There's bound to be a place where you can buy sprite clothing, if not in Locke then definitely in Leon.

You find Derrick by his cart, doing some maintenance.

"Yo" You call out.
He looks up from what he's doing, smiling when he sees you. "Hey" He says. "Where'd you run off to?"

"I went to check on Ilica, then I went to see the researchers" You say.
"Learn anything interesting?" He asks.
"The green blade that the emblem makes is pure wind magic" You say. "Not sure what relevence that has, but it sounds cool"

"Ilica says the two of you are heading to Sherton" He says.

"Yeah. She was sad, so I offered to take her to see her family before the party" You say.
"Nice of you" He says. "You should go see Madelaine at some point before you go. She's-"

"Going to the cave, and will want the emblem" You say. "Stoencht mentioned it"
"Ah" He says.

>Go see her now

>Give the Rook a tune up

>Other
>>
>>1846973
>Go see her now
>>
>>1846973

>Go see her now
>>
>>1846973
>>Go see her now
>>
>>1846973
>Go see her now
>>
>writing
>>
"I'll go see her now then" You say. "When were you guys planning on heading out?"
"Same time as you" He replies. "Don't worry, we'll make sure the party is still going when you get there"

"Appreciate it" You say, giving Derrick a fist bump before heading off to find Madelaine... which is not a hard task at all, as she's just on the other side of the cart parking with Meyu.

"You guys were looking for me?" You ask.
"No, but I figured I'd see you before we left" Madelaine says.
"Headed to the cave?" You ask.

"Yeah... well, probably" She says. "Not much point in going without the emblem"

"Sooo... can we borrow the emblem?" She asks.

>Sure

>Just be careful with it

>My emblem

>Other
>>
>>1847002
>>Just be careful with it
>Don't release Raligos, alright.
>>
>>1847002
>Sure

>Just be careful with it
>>
>>1847002
>Sure

>Just be careful with it
>>
>>1847002
>Sure
>Catch
>>
>writing
>>
"Sure... just be careful with it" You say, as you hand her the emblem. "I don't wanna have to fight that thing again"

"You and me both" She says. "We're just gonna see if anything happens when we slot it into the tablet, and then leave"
"Sound plan" You say. "Who else is going with you?"

"Meyu's crew, and the scholar" She says. "Everyone else is headed straight for Locke"
"Alright" You say. "I'll see you guys at the party"
"Hopefully. If we aren't there by the time you get there, could you maybe come looking for us?" She asks. "Just in case"

"Alright" You say. "I might not want to fight that thing again, but it'd be better than letting it run loose"

"If it comes to that, I think I know the trick for fighting it now" Madelaine says. "Hopefully that helps"
"Can't hurt" You say.

You check your timekeeper. There's only about ten moe minutes before you have to leave...

>How to spend that time?
>>
>>1847017
Prep the Rook
>>
>>1847017
>Go to the Rook and wait for Ilica
>>
>writing
>>
You say your farewells to Meyu and Madelaine, and then head over to the Rook. You may have pushed it a bit on the way here, just because it was such a long, boring ride. You figure you should check it over to make sure nothing is broken.

At the same time, you turn it into a sort of magebade exercise. You remember hat the tools look like, so instead of pulling them out, you try to form your mageblade to replace them.

It works rather well. Well enough that you start to wonder what other things you could replace. Dining utensils? Chairs? The possibilities are endless...

Well, maybe not that second one. Falling flat on your butt if you lose focus doesn't sound too convenient.

"Doing some last minute repairs?" Ilica asks.
"Yeah. We're already strapped for time. I don't really want to have this thing give us any trouble on top of that" You say.

"I was wondering something..." She says.
"What is it?" You ask.
"C-could I maybe... drive it at some point?" She asks.

"If you promise not to crash it into a ditch, then maybe" You say.

Ilica pouts.

"Maybe on the way to Locke from Bell's Run" You say. "That stretch of road is nice and straight, and really wide"

She smiles. "Alright!" She says.
"Don't celebrate yet" You say, as you stand up and put away your mageblade. "I said maybe"

"Boo" She says, before poking her tongue out at you.

You meet up with everyone else as they all congregate toward the carts, saying your goodbyes and then mounting up.

"So, how fast are you comfortable with me going?" You ask, as Ilica gets on the Rook behind you.

"I dunno... how fast can ya go?" She asks.
You smile. "Hold on tight" You say, easing the Rook forward and picking up speed. "You're about to find out..."
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread may be tomorrow. Not sure what my day looks like yet.

As always I'll be sticking around for question/suggestion time.
>>
>>1847041
Thanks for running Smiley!
>>
>>1847041
>>
You slow the Rook down as you pull up to the gates of Sherton.

"Already?" Ilica asks.
"Already" You reply.
"Huh... that seemed a lot quicker than the trip there" She says.

"It actually was quicker" You say.
"That... makes a lot of sense" She says.

After talking with the guards at the gate and letting them know who you are, you head into town.

"The hall is tha-" Ilica says, pointing you in the direction that you're already turning... "-t... way..."

You turn your head so she can see your face, and smile.

"Alright, when did you become mister navigator?" She asks.
"Dunno" You say. "I like Sherton for this kinda stuff. You can always know what part of town you're in or where you need to go by looking at the towers"
"How do you get around in other towns?" She asks.

"I usually memorize the ways to the places I've been... or just ask Coral" You say.

When you come up to the Hall, Ilica hops off the Rook.

"Okay, I'm gonna go find my mom" She says.
"Anything I can do?" You ask.
"Do... whatever" She says. "Mingle with the hunters, go find the kitty... I dunno, maybe go shopping"

Ilica hops inside, and you-

>Go in and look for someone you know

>Look for Vivian

>Take the Rook out and go browse some shops

>Other
>>
>>1848092
>Look for Vivian
>>
>>1848092
>Look for Vivian
Find the kitten Yuu, you know you want to
>>
>>1848092
>>Look for Vivian
>>
>>1848092
>Look for Vivian

Good evening. I see your mind still lives in EST, Smiley.
>>
>writing

>>1848105
I've been writing EST for over 2 years now. the change is taking some getting used to...
>>
-head inside, figuring you might as well pass the time by finding the kitten and having some fun.

With Coral's help, you head up into the Guild Hall towards the bedrooms. Most of the people here recognize you as a friend, so nobody says anything.

You find Vivi with Richard. He's in his room trying to get some work done, and Vivi... seems to be making his life difficult. She's sitting on the table by Richard's work, occasionally trying to paw at his pen.

"Hello" You say.

Richard turns. "Oh, it's you... err, Yuu" He says. "What brings you here?"
"Ilica" You say. "She's down with Katherine, so I came looking for Vivi"
"Ilica is here?" He asks. "I thought you were all going to Locke"

"We are, but I offered to bring her down here to see you guys" You say. "The tower wasn't a fun trip"
"Oh... should I go see her as well?" He asks.

>Up to you

>Go, I'll watch the kitty

>Nah, she's got her mom

>Other
>>
>>1848149
>>
>>1848149
>>Go, I'll watch the kitty
>>
>>1848149
KITTY KITTY KITTY
>>
>writing
>>
>>1848149
>>Go, I'll watch the kitty
>>
"You go, I'll watch Vivi" You say.
"Are you sure? She's been a bit of a handful lately..." He says.
"Well it's a good thing my hands are empty" You say. "Go on"

Richard thanks you, shuts his book, and heads out.

"Hey there little Vivi" You say. "Did you miss me?"
"Me-wow" She says.
"Is that kitty speak for hello?" You ask.

Vivian licks her paws.

"Have you gotten bigger?" You ask, as you sit down at the table and poke Vivi's paw. "You look like you've gotten bigger"

Vivi puts her paw on top of your finger, making it known that she dislikes being poked.

"I guess someone your size can only get bigger" You say.

She takes offense to that... you think, reeling back her other paw and swiping at your face. She misses. Badly.

Vivi does seem to enjoy being talked to, or at the very least you know she's listening because her eyes and ears are both focused on you. You've also got a few new tricks to show her, and you see a storybook on the table...

>Keep on talking

>Play with your buckler

>See if she likes the book

>Other
>>
>>1848190
>>Keep on talking

>>Play with your buckler
>>
>>1848190
>Keep on talking
>>
>>1848190
>Keep on talking

>Play with your buckler
>>
>>1848190
>Keep on talking

>Play with your buckler
>>
>>1848190
>>Play with your buckler
>>
>writing
>>
"How've you been while I was away?" You ask.
"Mew" She replies.
"That good, huh?" You say. "Did you miss me?"

She licks her lips and yawns.

"Not even a little?" You ask.
"Mew"
"Just a little?" You say. "I can live with that"

Vivi crawls across the table, coming up to sniff your face. You sniff back, and she looks at you like you just grew a second head.

"So I'm not allowed to sniff?" You ask.
"Myerr" She replies.

"Okay, fine. Tell you what. I've got a new trick, why don't we see how you like it" You say, as you hold up your hand and create a soul buckler.

You let it float just above the table and Vivi goes over to investigate it, sniffing at it to see if it might be food, and flinching a few times as it pulses slightly. After a few seconds, she decides that it's not food, nor foe, and climbs on top of it. She then sits there on the cramped little disc, looking fairly proud of herself.

"Well I was gonna see if you'd chase it..." You say. "This could work fine, too"

>See what she does when you move it around

>Leave it be, she seems happy enough

>I guess it works as a cat trap too...

>Other
>>
>>1848231
>>See what she does when you move it around
Go slow at first, then hit 88 miles per hour.
>>
>>1848231
>>
>>1848231
>>
>>1848231
>>
>>1848231
>>
>writing
>>
You start to slowly move the buckler across the table. Vivi doesn't notice at first, engrossed as she is with licking her paws.

But then she stops mid-lick with her tongue still hanging out, and looks down at the table. Then she turns and looks at another part of the table. Then she starts swatting the table... all the while her tongue is still hanging out...

You chuckle at her, as her little tail starts to whip about and her confusion becomes plain. Before she starts to panic, you let her know it's you moving the buckler by having it follow your finger.

She then starts staring at your finger as you say her little platform back and forth, and you're certain that she's going to attack it. So you preempt her by raising your finger and flicking her nose

It catches her so off guard that she flips out and falls backwards onto the table. Once you're done laughing, you reach over and pet her to make sure she's alright.

She ignores your hand, and indignantly climbs back onto her platform. This time she curls up in the little space... which looks a bit uncomfortable, so you widen it for her.

And now she's asleep... so much for your entertainment...

And her tongue is still sticking out...

>Find a book

>See how Ilica is doing

>Sit back and get scritching

>Other
>>
>>1848296
>See how Ilica is doing
>>
>>1848296
>See how Ilica is doing
>>
>>1848296
>Poke the tongue
I do it to my cat every time
>>
>>1848296
>Poke the tongue
>>
>>1848296
>>See how Ilica is doing
>>
>>1848296
>Sit back and get scritching
>Poke her tongue
>>
>writing
>>
>>1848296
>>Sit back and get scritching
>>Poke her tongue
>>
You lean on the table and poke her little tongue. She unconsciously licks your finger a few times before settling down, this time without her tongue hanging out.

"Has anyone ever told you that it's pretty much impossible to be mad at you?" You ask.

You reach over and gently take her jaw, moving her mouth as you speak. "Why yes Yuu, I've been told that many ti-ow!"

She bites your thumb, and then rolls onto her back hugs your arm. Her jaws then relax, and she starts to suck on your thumb.

You chuckle. "You know, most babies do this with their own thumb" You say.

Vivi purrs.

"I did just say you were impossible to get mad at, didn't I?" You say. "Ah well. Let's go check on your big sister, shall we?"

You cradle the little kitten with your free hand, and let her keep the other one as you lift her up. You then absorb your buckler, and head off to find Ilica.

>1/2
>>
You find Ilica, Katherine, and Richard in the lounge room toward the back of the Hall. Ilica and Katherine are sitting together on the couch, while Richard is on a seperate chair.

"Hey Yuu, back so soon?" Ilica asks.
"Yeah, Vivi fell asleep and then I got bored..." You say.

"Already? I'd been trying to put her down for a nap for an hour" Richard says.
"You didn't have her favourite chew toy" Ilica says.

"I am not a chew toy" You reply.

Vivian chooses this moment to start gnawing on your thumb. Looks like she's awake again...

You look back up at Ilica. "This proves nothing" You say.
"Yeah, yeah. Give 'er here" She says, holding out her arms to receive.

You hand her Vivian, and she smiles. "Well hello little Vivi" Ilica says, her voice taking on a different tone and pitch. The change is actually rather surprising.
"Mew"
"Yeah! Did you miss me?" She asks.
"Mew"
"I know" She says, as she hugs the kitten. "I was gone a whooooole day! That must have been like forever to you"

Vivi licks Ilica's cheek, causing her to giggle.

>You seem to be in a better mood

>You make a good big sister

>Other
>>
>>1848356
>>
>>1848356
>You seem to be in a better mood
>>
>>1848356
>>
>>1848356
>>You make a good big sister
>>
>writing
>>
"You make a pretty good big sister" You say.

"I've had... lots of practice" She says, her good mood suddenly taking a foul turn...

"Something wrong?" You ask, as you sit down on the couch next to her.

She hugs Vivian a little tighter. "I don't know where any of my other siblings are..." She says. "That's been bothering me for a while. But after the tower..."

"What you saw was-"
"It's not what I saw, it's what I didn't see" She says, looking incredibly tense "I failed where I did... but the next room was..."

"I get it" You say. "If you had made it there, you could've found out if any of them had died. But since you didn't..."
"Yeah" She says.

"Well we're going to Antolia soon, and we'll be going in force to takei back from the Legion" You say. "We'll keep our eyes peeled for your family"

Ilica gives you the 'stupid Yuu' look. "You have no idea where they are, or what they look like" She says. "Just how do you intend to find them?"

"Simple" You say. "I'm going to stroll through town cracking an endless stream of bad jokes, and if any Felids attack me I'll know they're related to you"

Ilica starts laughing... and keeps laughing...

>It wasn't that funny

>Stop that! You're ruining my plan!

>And that is how you turn a frown upside-down

>Other
>>
>>1848408
>And that is how you turn a frown upside-down
>>
>>1848408

Poor kitty
>>
>>1848408
>>
>writing
>>
"Hey now, don't laugh" You say. "If you laugh it means the plan won't work"

Ilica playfully swats your head. "It was never going to work" She says.
"Not with that attitude" You reply.

She swats you a few more times, and then Vivian pounces on you... not to attack you though, apparently. She just calmly climbs up to your shoulders and sits behind your head.

"I see how it is, Vivi" Ilica says.

Vivi yawns and starts licking your hair.

"That feels kind of weird" You say.
"It's normal. She's helping you groom" Ilica says.
"Do I need help?" You ask.
"You really want me to answer that?" She asks.
"Nevermind, I'm good" You say.

Katherine chuckles at the two of you.

"What?" Ilica asks.
"Nothing. Just that you came to us for comfort, when it looks like your comfort gave you a ride here" Katherine replies.

"Yuu...?" Ilica says. "Oh... it's not that. I guess it's... except for Emi and maybe Derrick, all the people I trust are here. So it's a little easier for me to be comfortable than it usually is"

>What say?
>>
>>1848443
>Shame Emi isn't here then, she's the most comfortable person I know. But I'm happy you're feeling a bit better, even more so if I was any help.
>>
>>1848446
This
>>
>>1848443
>Its nice to see you happy and smiling.
>>
>>1848446
Support
>>
>writing
>>
"It's a shame Emi isn't here then. She's the most comfy person I know" You say.
"You're the only person who finds being coiled comfy" Ilica says.

"Oh..." You say. "Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better"
"Me too" She says.

"What was the tower like for you?" Katherine asks you.
"Pretty boring" You say. "Well... except for the part where I beat a powerful, ancient monster with my mind. Other than that it was pretty boring"

"What was the umm... family room like for you?" She asks.

You'd kind of skimmed over it before, but you didn't give any details...

>Dodge the subject

>Tell them about it

>Other
>>
>>1848470
>Dodge the subject
>>
>>1848470
>>Other
Show the drawing
>>
>>1848470
>Tell them about it
Show the picture as well.
>>
>>1848470
>There was a painfully cute little girl who didn't want me to go...... Atleast she wasn't as clingy as Vivian or else I would never have been able to leave.
>>
>>1848470
>>Dodge the subject
>>
>>1848470
>Tell them about it
>>
>writing
>>
>>1848484
>1 id
>>
>>1848486
I just lurk dude.
>>
>>1848470
>Tell them about it
>>
"Cozy" You say. "The sort of room I could see building into my own house some day. I had kinda blazed through all the other rooms, so I was curious as to what might be in this one"

"Was it someone you know?" Ilica asks.
"It was Stella" You say.
"Huh... The 'husband' in my version of the room didn't really have a recognizeable face" She says.

"That didn't set off any alarm bells?" You ask.
"No... it was just kinda non-descript. I didn't pay attention to it, because I don't think there was anything there to pay attention to" She says.

"Weird..." You say. "Anyway, she was on the couch when I came in, and it sounded like she was talking to herself. So I walked around to see what was happening, and it turns out she was reading a story"

"To the child" Ilica says.
"Yeah... a little bun, about 5 or 6 years old. Her name was Mari, probably short for Mariella" You say. "She looked just like me, and she had the saddest little eyes... I almost ended up staying there, just like you"

"How'd you get out?" Ilica asks.
"Not easily" You say. "I just grit my teeth and walked away..."

"And she cried" Ilica says. "That's as far as I got..."
"Yeah" You say, as you reach into your pocket... not surprised, but more than a little disappointed to find it empty.

"What's wrong?" Katherine asks.

>It's nothing...

>I had a drawing...

>Other
>>
>>1848501
>It's nothing...
>>
>>1848501
>I had a drawing...
Ha
>>
>>1848501
>I had a drawing
Sad Yuu is sad.
>>
>>1848501
>I had a drawing...
This cruel world
>>
>>1848501
>I had a drawing...
>>
>writing
>>
>>1848501
>>I had a drawing...
even outside the room when I was in the tower
>>
"I had a drawing that I took with me" You say. "I guess it must have disappeared after I sealed Raligos..."

"What was on it?" Katherine asks.
"Me, Stella, and Mari..." You say. "Oh, and a little Altea in the background too"

Ilica giggles. "I guess she'd be the grandma, wouldn't she?" She asks.
"I'm sure she'd be thrilled" You say.

"Hearing you guys talk about this tower makes me glad I didn't come along" Katherine says.
"Yeah... it wasn't really a fun sort of challenge... more like a 'leave you broken on the inside' sort of challenge" You say. "I'm kinda glad it's done with"

"There's still 7 more ruins" Ilica says.
"Yeah, I talked about that with the researchers" You say. "The tower was meant to prepare you for facing Raligos, which was a battle of wills as he was the deviant soul of will. I doubt there will be two deviant souls of will"

"What would the other ones be?" Ilica asks.
"I dunno... maybe we'll meet the deviant soul of Fred next time" You say with a smile.

Ilica covers her face with her paw, as Katherine and Richard laugh.

"There's the reaction I was hoping for" You say.
"You suuuuuuuuuck" Ilica says.

"No I don't. I'm awesome. Right Vivi?" You ask.

Vivi continues to lick your head...

"I am going to have a bald spot up there by the time she's done..." You say.
"Nope. Just a catlick" Katherine says. "A little patch the sticks up"

You reach up and feel your hair. Sure enough you feel a spot where the hair is sticking up, right before Vivian swats your hand away...

>Tell Katherine about your time in Leon

>Ask what Katherine's plans are

>Get Vivian off your head

>Other
>>
>>1848531
>>
>>1848531
>Tell Katherine about your time in Leon

>>
>>1848531
>>
>>1848531
>>Tell Katherine about your time in Leon
>>Ask what Katherine's plans are
>>
>writing
>>
"So I met some interesting people out in Leon" You say.

"Oh?" Katherine asks.
"Yeah. Some other Felids by the name of Rynia" You say.

"The Rynia's?" Katherine asks. "Wow. Really dining with the big shots, huh?"
"I guess" You say. "I think Miss Lana wanted me to marry her daughter..."

"That would be... Leah Rynia?" Richard asks. "Goodness"
"You know her?" You ask.

"No. I only know what I've heard... and most of that came from recruits who'd willingly give an arm and a leg for a date with her" He says.

You tilt your head. "Is she that important?" You ask.
"Eldest child to the second most important noble family in Lubars. That's worth a lot to most people" Katherine says. "But you're clearly not most people, so... what were your thoughts on her?"

"I didn't really get to talk to her all that much" You say. "Everyone ended up going there for dinner, but I didn't talk to her that much"
"Why not?" Katherine asks.

"Because her Miss Lana did most of the talking... and most of that was trying to set me up with Leah" You say.

"Ahh, the over-doting mother" Katherine says. "Perhaps I should go back to Leon and give her some tips on how to hook your daughter up with a nice boy"
"What kind of tips?" You ask.

Katherine winks. "Trade secret, my dear" She says. "Perhaps I'll share them when you're grown up and have kids of your own, but until then my lips are sealed"

"Aww..." You say. "So wha are your plans for the nex few months?"
"Me? I'm taking over administration, either here or back in Leon. I'd love to go back to hunting, but I can't hunt while I've got a kitty brewin' in my belly" She says, as she beams Richard a big smile. "So Richy's takin' over my old job. He'll be at thebig camp whippin' all those green boys and girls into proper hunters"

Richard looks rather nervous about that... "It's... been a long while since I last had a command role..." He says.
"You'll be fiiiiine" Katherine says. "Right, Yuu?"
"Yeah, I'm sure you can do it" You say. "I was nervous when Altea made me take an apprentice, but I'm doing fine"

"And where is little Ava?" Ilica asks.
"Not important. The point is that I'm doing fine" You say.

"So! Either of you kids want lunch?" Katherine asks.
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread will probably be either tomorrow or sometime over the weekend. With any luck I'll be able to actually finish off this arc within a thread or two, with the final vote being the 'wat do during timeskip' vote... even though you guys have pretty much already decided.

>>
>>1848562
Thanks for running Smiley
>>
>>1848562
>Tomorrow or over the weekend
Awwwww I'll probably miss the final vote due to work
Wizard Yuu needs to learn soul lightning
Need to make those unlimited power jokes
>>
>>1848562
Thanks for the session Smiley! Good stuff like always.
>>
"So we spent 4 months out in the middle of nowhere up north, only to come back and find out we'd killed the wrong beast!" Katherine says, regaling you with a tale of her younger days as you eat lunch. "Oh... Castor was so maaaad"

"What happened then?" You ask.
"Then I got to make a quick stop in at home to see Richard, and then we went right back out there" She says. "With reinforcements this time. True dragons are no joke. In the 4 months it took us to get a bead on the wyvern we thought we were hunting, it got considerably more powerful"

"How much is 'considerably'?" You ask.
"Once a monster hits a certain size, it starts eating the other monsters around it" She says. "It absorbs their essence and adds it to its own. That's how we ended up with the kings across the sea"

"Could this dragon have become that strong?" You ask.
"Left unchecked? Absolutely" She says. "Which is why we checked it. Having monsters like the kings across the sea is fine, but there were thousands of people living in the area this dragon would have claimed"

>How did you kill it?

>Have you ever seen the kings?

>How long ago was this?

>Other
>>
>>1853335
>How did you kill it?

Hey Smiley, I just finished rereading OaDW, and I forgot how good it was. It was a lot of fun going back through and rediscovering all the characters and their quirks.
>>
>>1853335
>How did you kill it?

>>
>>1853335
>>>How did you kill it?
>>
>writing
>>
>>1853349
I had a lot of fun writing that one. A shame my motivation for it kinda died after I wrote myself into a bit of a corner and had no clue how to get myself out. Perhaps I'll revisit it some day.
>>
"How did you kill it?" You ask.

"We brought about... 10 hand ballistas, around 100 bolts, and 10 skilled hunters to wield them" She says. "As much as I would have loved to go toe to toe with a beast like that, I almost certainly would have gotten iced"

"Iced?" You ask.

"Northern dragons are almost always frost dragons" She says. "A kinder death than being burned alive, but a death nontheless"

"Yikes" You say. "So did it work?"
"I wouldn't be here if it didn't" She says. "Hand ballistas do good work. Especially when the people usin' 'em can enchant their bolts"

"How do they do that?" You ask.
"Dunno. Never tried it with arrows that big" She says. "Ask Meyu next time you see him. He puts enchantments on that huge sword of his all the time"

You nod and make a mental note of that.

"Have you ever seen the kings?" Ilica asks.
"Nope... but I do know someone who has" Katherine says. "Stella tell you about her older sister?"
"Avella?" You ask.

Katherine nods. "She was actually on the team that parleyed with them" She says.
"Huh... Stella never mentioned that" You say.
"I'm not sure Stella knows" Katherine replies. "She's a nice girl, but she does tend to worry for her sister. If she heard that Avella was going to the Kings she might have a panic attack"

>Is Avella coming back anytime soon?

>Seems kinda mean to leave her out of the loop...

>Other
>>
>>1853461
>>Is Avella coming back anytime soon?
>>
>writing
>>
"Is Avella coming back anytime soon?" You ask.
"Probably not. Last I heard from her she liked it out there" Katherine says. "But if you're going to the east, then you'll probably end up in Easthaven. That's where she lives"

You turn to Ilica, who's been playing with Vivian and the mirror next to her almost this whole time.

"Who's that?" Ilica asks.

Vivi is quiet, eyes fixed on her mirror image.

"Who is that other kitty?" Ilica asks.

Vivi paws the mirror, looking very confused.

"It's you, silly!" Ilica says.

Vivi looks up and swipes at Ilica's face, as though it will somehow help.

Ilica giggles. "You're so cute" She says.

"Oh sure, it's cute when she does it" You say. "But when I see a mirror for the first time I'm a dumbass"
"To be fair, it was pretty funny when it happened to you" Ilica says. "But it was really early and I hate mornings, and I also didn't like you very much at the time"

"I'm sensing a story here..." Katherine says.

>Not really

>I may have panicked a bit...

>... do you like me now?

>Other
>>
>>1853524
>>... do you like me now?
>>Is there an -ella rabbit in every city of the world?
>>
>>1853524
>>I may have panicked a bit...

>>... do you like me now?
>>
>writing
>>
"I may have panicked a bit..." You say. "It was the first time I'd ever seen a mirror, and I didn't know what I looked like so I thought there was someone in the room..."

You can see Katherine struggling not to laugh, a struggle that she quickly gives up on...

"Okay, that's pretty good" She says.

"So you say you didn't like me then... do you like me now?" You ask.

Ilica rolls her eyes. "What can I say? It's taken a while, but I think you've grown on me" She says. "But just remember that there's still only so many bad jokes that I can take"

"I don't tell bad jokes" You say.
"You don't tell anything but bad jokes" She replies.

Katherine laughs. "Look at you two, bickering like an old married couple" She says.

Ilica's face turns red. But Vivian saves her the trouble of having to reply to that by pouncing face first into the mirror...

"Ow" Ilica says, as she grabs the kitten off the ground. "Did that hurt, little Vivi?"
Vivi starts crying.
"Aww... come here" Ilica says, as she hugs Vivi.

"At least I didn't do that" You say. "It looks painful"
"And Vivi won't do that again either... I hope" Katherine says.

>1/2
>>
After that, Katherine decides it's time to put her kitten down for a nap. So her and Richard see you out to the front, where the Rook is parked.

"It was nice of you to stop by" Katherine says. "And nice of you to come so far out of your way"

"It was no trouble. I wanted to come see my favourite kitty" You say, as you scratch Vivi's nose.

Vivi pulls her head back and sneezes.

"Now, you two take care. And have fun in Locke" Richard says.
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do" Katherine says.

"I've heard about some of the stuff you've done. That doesn't set a good boundary..." Ilica says.
"Fine... don't do anything Richard wouldn't do" Katherine says.

Richard smirks. "That doesn't change much, dear" He says.
"Yes well she doesn't know that" Katherine says in a harsh whisper, before turning back to you with a smile. "What we're trying to say is: don't do anything reckless"

"Yeah, that's my job" You say.

Ilica hugs her parents and her sister, saying her farewells as the two of you head to the Rook.

"Soooooo?" Ilica asks.
"So... what?"
Can I drive it?" She asks.

>Sure

>Maybe after Bell's Run

>No

>Other
>>
>>1853644
>Sure
>Only on the straight parts for now.
>>
>writing
>>
"Alright. I'll tak us out of the city, then let you take the handles" You say. "The road's pretty straight for a while, so it should be fine"

Ilica smiles and mounts up behind you, then you head off.

When you're almost to the east gate, Ilica pipes up. "Wow, you really do know your way around now" She says.
"Told you" You say.

"You've changed a bit, since the last time we were here" She says. "You're not as dumb anymore"
"And you're not as prickly as you used to be" You say. "I think we've both changed since we were here last"

"Good thing too. All that prickliness was stressing me out" She says.

You chuckle, as you come up to the gate. When you reach the road beyond, you stop and dismount so Ilica can drive...

"Alright, now just ease into it... It's not quite the same as driving a cart, you need to keep a constant speed to stay upright" You say.

"Okay... let's do this" Ilica says, as she twists the throttle and starts moving forward.

>Be calm, she's got this

>Be cautious

>Panic

>Other
>>
>>1853738
>>Be cautious
>>
>>1853738
>>Be cautious
>>
>>1853738
>>Be cautious
>>
>>1853738
>>Be calm, she's got this
>>
>>1853738
>Be calm and supportive
>>
>>1853738
>Be calm, she's got this
What's the worst that could happen?
>>
Ilica twists too hard, and the Rook jumps forward. She panics and lets go, and the Rook stops.

"Okay. Let's try that again" You say. "This time don't twist it too hard. Just ease it back"
"Ease it... okay" She says.

This time Ilica does it propoerly, and the Rook starts to pick up speed.

"Okay, okay" She says. "Now what?"
"Keep it straight, keep it balanced, keep an eye on what's ahead, and we should be in Bell's Run in no time" You say.

She takes a breath, and speeds up a little more. As you continue to accellerate, you keep giving her little pointers here and there. But otherwise it seems like she's got a knack for this.

The trip to Bell's Run is mostly uneventful. You pass a small trade convoy, and a patrol airship flies by overhead. But otherwise nothing really happens.

When you reach the gates of Bell's Run, Ilica stops.

"You take over. I don't really want to try my luck in the city" She says.
"Alright. What do you think?" You ask.
"I like it. It handles better than a cart, and it's more... I guess responsive is the word" She says. "When I almost hit the ditch with Hella, it was because I didn't turn hard enough on a curve. But I don't think I'd have that problem with this"

She certainly did a good job getting here, so you scratch her ear as a reward. Looking at your watch, you see that you made pretty good time getting here...

>Offer to let her drive to Locke

>Go the rest of the way yourself

>Other
>>
>>1853790
>>Go the rest of the way yourself
A little bit at a time.
>>
>>1853790
>>
>>1853790
>>
>>1853790
>Offer to let her drive to Locke
>>
>writing
>>
You mount back up, and head into Bell's Run. The guard at the gate chats for a bit, as he's a friend of Simon's. You tell him to let Simon know you said hello, and go on your way.

"So, do I get to drive when we get out of town?" Ilica asks.
"I'll take the rest of the way" You say. "Maybe next time"

"Aww... fine" She says.
"Look on the bright side: this way you get to enjoy the view" You say.

Ilica grumbles, but you ignore her as you zip through Bell's Run.

The city looks pretty lively now. While it's not as crowded as Leon was, it's a far cry from the last time you were here.

It looks a bit cleaner, too. A lot of the graffiti has been washed off or painted over, and much of the litter is gone as well. The people seem much happier as well, and nobody is staring at you from their windows this time.

You're actually impressed. It's been a little over a week since you kicked the Inquisition out, and it's already changed this much. You wonder if this is part of Lord Dustin's big plan...

After a while you hit the west gate, and you can pick up some speed again...

>Keep a steady pace

>Ask Ilica if she wants to see how fast this thing can go

>Other
>>
>>1853882
>>Ask Ilica if she wants to see how fast this thing can go
>>
>>1853882
>Ask Ilica if she wants to see how fast this thing can go
>>
>>1853882
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...
>>
>>1853882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCiDuy4mrWU
>>
>writing
>>
"Hey" You say.
"What?" She asks.
"Wanna see how fast this thing can go?" You ask.
"I thought it was going pretty fast before" She says.

You turn back and smile, before pumping more energy into the engine and ripping your way down the road.

Ilica clings to your back for dear life, but you don't hear her telling you to stop...

You slow down a bit, but still keep putting power into the engine. You keep this speed until you pass the cave, where you make a stop to see if Madelaine is still here.

When you don't see Betsy anywhere, you keep going.

"What was that about?" Ilica asks.
"Madelaine said to check in on her, in case putting the wind emblem into the tablet did something bad" You say.
"That makes sense" She says. "So if they're not here..."
"Then nothing bad happened" You say. "I hope something happened, though. If it does nothing here, then I have no idea what else it might be for"

"We'll find out when we see them" Ilica says.

>1/2
>>
You make it to the gates of Locke a few hours later, with the sun hanging lazily on the horizon.

"Finally" You say. "Feels like it's been months since I've been back here"
"It's been like two weeks" She says. "You haven't even been alive for months"

"Oh yeah..." You say.

For some reason you feel more familiar with Locke than you do with any other city. Maybe it's because you've lived here longest...

The sight of the castle at the center of town gives you a sense of comfort as you make your way in.

"Where did they say the party was?" You ask

"Ilica?"
"I forgot to ask" She says. "It's uhh... somewhere. Try the hall maybe? Or the castle?"

You sigh, checking your pocket to see that Coral is asleep...

>Try the castle

>Try the Guild

>Wake Coral

>Other
>>
>>1853961
>Wake Coral
>>
>>1853961
>Try the Guild
>>
>>1853961
>Wake Coral
>>
>>1853961
>>Wake Coral
>>
>writing
>>
You poke your pocket a few times, causing Coral to awaken and stretch. She then settles in, giving you a smile and a wave.

"Ready for some work?" You ask.

She gives you a thumbs up, and pops her head out of your pocket.

"Find uhh... I dunno" You say.

Coral looks confused.

"She doesn't know who 'I dunno' is" Ilica says.
"I know that..." You say. "Who's guaranteed to be there?"
"Derrick, probably. He was driving" Ilica says.
"Good call" You say, as you turn back to Coral. "Can you take me to Derrick?"

Coral nods enthusiastically, and then points out into the city.

"Alright then" You say, as you start the Rook up again. "Let's get going"

>1/2
>>
When Coral finally points you into a building, you find that it's neither the hall or the castle. It's the same building where they held your birthday party.

You and Ilica dismount and head for the door... but you stop just short.

"Something wrong?" Ilica asks.
"No... I just got a bad feeling" You say.
"Danger?" She asks.

"No" You reply.
"Well then come on then. We're already late" She says.

You take a breath, and follow her...

>Roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>1854076
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>1854076
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>1854076
>>
>writing
>>
When you're a few feet from the door, underneath the large covering in front of the building, you stop again. This time you look up, and see 4 black and yellow eyes looking back at you. The little devils to which those eyes belong are sitting up in the rafters, holding a large bucket between them.

"And just what might you two be doing up there?" You ask.

"We're waiting in a bush!" Daisy says.

Lily covers her sister's mouth. "It's ambush, and you're not supposed to tell him that!" She whispers.
"Why not?" Daisy asks.
"Because he's the one we're ambushing" Lily replies.

"What do we do then?" Daisy asks.
"Dump the bucket" Lily replies.
"Oh" Daisy says.

>Go ahead...

>Get down from there

>Jump up there with them

>Other
>>
>>1854123
>Go ahead...
>>
>>1854123
>Jump up there with them
>>
>>1854123
>Jump up there with them
>>
>>1854123
>>Jump up there with them
>>
>writing
>>
>>1854123
>Dunk them in the bucket.
>>
You jump up, grabbing a beam and pulling yourself up to sit next to them.

"Gonna be hard to do that while I'm up here, isn't it?" You ask.

You pause for a moment, before pulling the two of them into you and giving them both a big kiss on the cheek.

"I missed you guys" You say.

The devils giggle, hugging you and accidentally knocking the bucket off the beam... but you don't hear it hit the ground.

When you look down, you see Ilica taking the bucket off her head with a very disapproving look.

"Uh oh" Lily says.
"It was Lily!" Daisy shouts, as she jumps down and runs inside.
"Hey! You can't put it all on me! Come back!" Lily shouts, as she jumps down and runs after Daisy.

>Apologize

>Let's get you a towel

>It was most definitely Lily

>Other
>>
>>1854208
>Let's get you a towel
>>
>>1854208
>Apologize

>Let's get you a towel
>>
>>1854208
>>It was most definitely Lily
>>
>>1854208

>>Apologize
>>Let's get you a towel
>>
>>1854208
>>Apologize

>>Let's get you a towel
>>
>writing
>>
"Sorry about that" You say, as you jump down and put a hand on her shoulder.
"I looked back and you weren't there" She says. "And then... this"

"Lily and Daisy were waiting to dump that on me... I guess you got it instead" You say.
"I'm am so going to get them for this..." She says.
"But first, let's find you a towel" You say.

You head inside with Ilica, and Emi takes her off to the washrooms. When you look for the devils, you see them hiding behind Fran...

You also spot Stella, with Hella, Hella, and Gabriella. Madelaine and her crew are here too.

>Go see the bunnies

>Go see Fran

>Go see Madelaine

>Other
>>
>>1854277
>Go see the bunnies
>>
>>1854277
>>Go see the bunnies
>>
>writing
>>
>>1854277
>>Go see Madelaine
>>
You figure you'll let the devils stew for a bit... maybe you'll go get them to apoligize to Ilica later. Instead you head over to the bunnies.

Stella makes a mock gasp to the Munchkin in her lap. "Look who it is!" Stella says.

Munchkin throws her arms up in the air, babbling nonsensically as she climbs down and waddles over to you and hugs your leg.

You keep walking forward, and she giggles while she clings on.

"How's it goin'?" You ask.
"Pretty goooood" Stella says. "How was Leon?"
"Clean" You say. "They might be mad at me for breaking all their robots"

"Better than the robots breaking you" Stella says.
"Definitely" You say, as you sit down and lift up your little cling-on. "I heard you missed me"
Hella hugs you, and continues babbling.

"I'll take that as a yes" You say, as you turn to Gabby. "and how about you? Your studies coming along?"
"I can do this now!" Gabby says, as she creates a small sprout in her hand.
"Amazing" You say. "Keep this up, and maybe I can come to you the next time somebody puts a hole in me"

"We hear plenty of people have tried" Stella says. "How was the tower?"
"Creepy, weird... not really what I was expecting" You say.

"What were you expecting?" Stella asks.
"More of a fight" You say.
"Didn't you get one?" She asks.

>I guess...

>Only in my head

>Other

Also

>Tell her about Mariella? Y/N
>>
>>1854336
>Only in my head

>Y
>>
>>1854336
>Only in my head
>N
>>
>>1854336
>>Only in my head
>>Y
>>
>writing
>>
>>1854336
>Only in my head

Y
>>
"Only in my head... must have been a real sight: me, just standing there with my eyes glowing bright green" You say, miming it with a dull look.
"How did you win?" Gabby asks.

"Well it's my head" You say. "The might Raligos can have all the power he wants in the world, but when he came into my head, the world's rules don't apply. Only my rules"

"Couldn't he just leave?" Gabby asks.
"He tried. But it's my head" You say. "I said 'hey, stop right there. I never said you could leave, now come back here so I can beat you up'"

Gabriella giggles.

"Hella tells me that the rest of the tower was strange as well" Stella says.
"Definitely" You say. "I saw you there, actually"

"Not in the... uhh... provocative room... right?" She asks.
"No, the next one up" You say. "You were there talking, and I thought you were just talking to yourself. But it turned out you were reading to someone"
"Who?" She asks.
"Our daughter... a little rabbit named Mariella" You say. "Adorable little thing"

Stella smiles sadly. "I'd always wanted to name my first girl that..." She says. "What was she like?"
"She had these biiiig eyes, and floppy ears" You say, as you hold up the little munchkin. "Like this one, but a bit older"

Munchkin looks surprised, and then she flaps her arms and smiles. "Ahm a biiiiiirdy" she says, giggling uproariously as you pull her back in and hug her.

"We'll talk about the tower some other time" Stella says. "Sherton to Locke isn't a short trip. Are you hungry?"
"Starving" You say.
"Then let's get you fed"
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread may be tomorrow. Not sure yet

As always I'll be sticking around for question/suggestion time
>>
>>1854416
Thanks for the thread Smiley
>>
>>1854416
Thanks man
>>
>>1854416
>>
>>1854416
Thanks for running!
>>
You sit back after you've finished your meal, eyeing the plate of cookies in the center of the table and considering snatching a few before Munchkin eats them all... because she's certainly trying.

"Slow down, you! If you eat all thise cookies you'll make yourself sick" Stella says.
"Moooooore cookieeees!!" Munchkin shouts, as she dives across the table at the cookie plate.

You catch her and pull her back. "You get one" You say, grabbing a cookie off the plate.
"Moooooooore"
"One" You say, as hand offer her the cookie. "Eat it slowly"

Munchkin grumbles and glares angrily at you.

"Oh, you don't want it? Alright, I guess it's mine then" You say, as you slowly bring the cookie to your mouth.
"Noooooooo" Munchkin whines.

You smile, and give her the cookie. She accepts it quietly, munching away at it slowly like you told her to.

"Nicely done" Stella says.
You smile. "It was nothing. This one's surprisingly easy to convince" You say, as you peck Munchkin on the head between the ears.

Munchkin pops up to return your peck on the chin, then goes back to munching.

Looking around, you see that Ilica is now dry... and is currently chasing the Devils. Madelaine and Derrick are talking about something at another table. Daniella is just walking in, baby in hand, with Vance and Teague beside her. Looks like she's headed this way.

>Help Ilica

>See what Derrick and Madelaine are saying

>Stay here

>Other
>>
>>1856286
>Help Ilica
>>
>>1856286
>>See what Derrick and Madelaine are saying
>>
>>1856286
>>Stay here
>>
>>1856286
>Help Ilica
>>
>>1856286
>>Stay here
>>
>writing
>>
You sit back and take a cookie for yourself, as Daniella heads over and sits with you and the other bunnies.

"Hey aunta" Stella says.
"Hello. How are my girls doing?" Daniella asks.
"Gooood" Stella says, as she hugs your arm. "We've got Yuu here keeping us company"

"I can see that" Daniella says.

Vance grunts as he sits down on your other side. "I hear you've already knocked a spot off your map" He says.
"Just one" You say. "There's still a bunch more"
"Well you're young" He says. "Those other ruins aren't goin' anywhere"

"The last one might be. I don't even know where it is yet" You say.
"Which one is that?" He asks.

You pull out your map and look it over. "The lightning ruin" You say.

Vance leans over to get a look. "You might try here" He says, pointing to a spot in the middle of the southern continent across the sea. "It's the Wind King's domain, but there's a lightning storm over the whole area that never goes away"
"Sounds dangerous" You say.
"Aye. Why do you think no one's gone in?" He asks. "But that's a topic for another time. What was the tower like?"

You're about to answer, when something nudges your foot. You lift up the tablecloth and look underneath, and see two pairs of black and yellow eyes looking back at you...

"Shhhh" Lily says, as Ilica steps up on the other side.

"Hey, you seen those two devils around?" She asks.

>Nope, sorry.

>Point her under the table

>They're right here

>Other
>>
File: This general area.jpg (405KB, 2458x1303px) Image search: [Google]
This general area.jpg
405KB, 2458x1303px
>>1856416
Forgot to post the dang map.
>>
>>1856416
>>Nope, sorry.
>>
>>1856422
Can you put the other cities we have been to on it?
>>
>>1856416
>Point her under the table
Play with them later
>>
>>1856416
>>Other
I can neither confirm or deny knowledge of their location.
>>
>>1856416
>>Point her under the table
>>
File: Detailed continent mep.png (240KB, 2147x2215px) Image search: [Google]
Detailed continent mep.png
240KB, 2147x2215px
>>1856422
>>1856434

And here's a closeup map of the continent.

I messed up and put Bell's Run much further south than it actually is, but otherwise it's all accurate.

No political borders as of yet. Those will be added when Yuu learns where they are.
>>
>writing

I've also updated the general pastebin with the new characters, and descriptions of what each stat does.

Summary is on the way, and character descriptions will come after that.
>>
You point your chin underneath the table, and Ilica seems to understand what you mean.

She leans down and lifts up the tablecloth, then silently crawls under and drags the girls out.

When she comes back out she holds both of them up by their ankles, and smiles triumphantly. "Found you!" She says.
"N-no fair!" Daisy says.
"Traitor!" Lily says.
"That bucket was meant for me, remember?" You ask. "My payback is helping Ilica get her payback"

Without another word Ilica slings them over her shoulders and walks away, stopping only briefly to wink at you before continuing on.

"Just be nice, okay?" You call out to he.
"Fiiiiiiine" Ilica says.

"What's this about a bucket?" Daniella asks.
"I've been gone too long. They had too much time to plan" You say, before telling them about their little prank...

"And dumping a bucket of water on your head is the best they could come up with?" Stella asks. "Man, these girls could use some pointers"

>Ask what she'd do

>Please don't give them any...

>Other
>>
>>1856517
>Please don't give them any...
>>
>>1856517
>Ask what she'd do
>>
>>1856517
>Ask what she'd do
>>
>writing
>>
"What would you do?" You ask.

"Hmmm..." Stella says. "Not sure, but then I haven't had 2 weeks to prepare"

You suddenly get a bad feeling.

"But you're gonna be gone for a few months, riiiiiight?" She asks.
"Please no" You say.
"Leaving poor Stella aaaaaall alooooone" She says. "I can't help but think of ways to surprise you when you get back"

The adults all start to laugh, while Gabriella looks confused.

"But you won't be alone..." She says.
"Oh, I know sweetie. I was just picking on Yuu" Stella replies, while giving you a sly smile.

You might be in trouble... you should probably go before you make things worse...

>Go see Madelaine

>Find where Ilica brought the Devils

>Other
>>
>>1856590
>>
>>1856590

Ditch bunny, Acquire Adorable little Devils
>>
>>1856590
>Go see Madelaine
>>
>writing
>>
>>1856612
Oshi
>>
"Here, take baby" You say, as you hand munchkin off to Stella. "I'm gonna go make sure Ilica's not being too harsh"
"Have fuuuun~" Stella says with a mischievious smile.

You're definitely in trouble.

"S-see you later" Hella says.

You give her a smile as you walk away. At least you can trust Hella not to play any big pranks on you... you hope.

It doesn't take long to find the Devils. They're both standing in a corner, with their parents and Ilica sitting nearby.

"Is that their punishment?" You ask.
"Usually. Gives them some time to quietly reflect on what they did" Fran says.
"Or plan revenge" Lance says. "Knowing those two..."

Fran gives Lance a look, and then turns to you with a smile. "It's been a while. How have you been?" Fran asks.
"Not so bad" You say. "I'm uhh... sorry about Cheska"

Fran looks sad for a moment. "It's... fine. I hadn't fooled myself into thinking she would stick around long" She says. "It's just nice to know that she's alive, after all this time"

"Sounds like she's doing fine up north" You say.
Fran tilts her head. "You heard from her?" She asks.
"Yeah" You say.

>Tell her about it

>Show her the letter

>Other
>>
>>1856662
>>Show her the letter
>>
>>1856662
>Tell her about it

>Show her the letter
>>
>>1856662
>>Tell her about it

Keep the shame hidden, or blush furiously at the very least
>>
>>1856662

>Show her the letter,
>Kiss side first by accident
>>
>>1856662
>Show her the letter
>>
>>1856662
>>Tell her about it
>>
>>1856662

>Show her the letter
>>
>writing
>>
>>1856662
>Show her the letter
>>
You pull the letter out of your pocket, figuring that everyone already saw it at the Rynia's house so you may as well just be open about it.

"Oh my..." Fran says. "She must like you... Mr. Cutie"

"Ehh, heh heh..." You say. "Yeah, that's what she's been calling me since day one..."

"Day one being...?" Fran asks.
"When I met her out in the woods by the cave" You say.
"Ahhh..." Fran says. "I see"

Fran reads over the rest of the letter with a faint smile, letting out a sigh as she finishes it.

"So?" You ask.
"She needs to learn how to spell" Fran says. "I'm glad that she's doing alright, but this was hard to read"
"Yeah... I doubt she ever got proper schooling" You say.

Fran turns the letter over, and smiles. "She must really like you" She says.
You smile back. "What gave it away?" You ask.

Fran folds the letter back up and hands it to you. "Take care of her, okay?" Fran asks. "She might put on the bravado, but she's still my little sister..."

"I can handle that" You say. "I mean... I'll have to find her first, but I can handle it"

Fran ruffles your hair. "That's all I ask" She says.

"From the looks of that letter, you might end up being my brother in law at some point" Lance says. "And I hear that my old buddy is here too... though I haven't seen him"

"Stoencht?" You ask, as you look around. You don't see him either.

"Yes, I was hoping to see him too. It's been a long time since he moved off to Leon" Fran says.

>Maybe he's in the washroom?

>Meyu might know

>Why don't we go find him?

>Other
>>
>>1856755
>>
>>1856755
>Maybe he's in the washroom?
>>
>>1856755
>>
>>1856755
>other
Ask Coral
>>
>>1856755
>>
>writing
>>
"Why don't we go find him?" You ask. "Coral, where's Stoencht?"

Coral looks around, eventually pointing off towards the entrance. You get up and head over, leaving the building and looking to the side and... he's right there, talking with Jade... you think. Jade was purple last time you saw her, this slime is blue.

"Hey" You say. "I didn't expect to see you out of the castle"

Jade smiles. "I don't often leave, but I'm not bound there" She says. "I just have to be careful where I step"

You look down and notice that she's wearing some sort of strange rubber pants...

"What are those?" You ask.
"I made them" She says. "They help my legs keep in form, and stop me from getting myself all over everything when I walk somewhere"
"Neat" You say. "Hey Stoencht, Fran and Lance are inside. They wanted to see you"

"Ah... yes" He says. "I'll be uhh... right in"

>Alright

>Something wrong?

>Take your time

>Other
>>
>>1856830
>>Take your time
Push the nerds together.
>>
>>1856830
>Take your time
>>
>>1856830
>Something wrong?
>>
>>1856830
>>Take your time
>>
>>1856830
>Something wrong?
>>
>>1856830
>Take your time
>>
>writing
>>
"Something wrong?" You ask.
"No. I'm just having a nice chat with Miss Jade, and also it's been a long time since I've seen them and I'm a little nervous" He says.

Jade laughs. "At least you're honest" She says.
"Well, take your time. They won't be leaving anytime soon" You say. "Will you be coming in, Jade?"
"At some point. I can't stay long, though. Plenty of work to do still..." She says.
"Glad you could find some time to come out, at least" You say. "I guess with Altea being in Leon, you're pretty busy"

"Yep" Jade says. "I hope she comes back soon. All of her work has left me with no time for my own... not that I'm complaining. Her departure was entirely necessary, but..."
"I get you" You say, as you head back inside. "See you in a bit"

You walk back over to the table where you left Fran. "He's just outside, talking to Jade" You say. "He'll be in in a bit"
"Alright" Fran says. "I must say, Jade and I were surprised by the letters we got from you"

"Oh yeah..." You say. "What did you think?"
"It's plausible, but until there's more proof I don't think I can make any conclusions" She says.

"Hmm... maybe I should ask Madelaine if she saw anything when she brought the emblem to the cave..." You say.

>Head over there now

>Ask if the girls' punishment is up yet

>Other
>>
>>1856900
>Head over there now
>>
>>1856900
>Head over there now
>>
>>1856900

>Head over there now
>>
>>1856900
>>Head over there now
>>
>>1856900

>Ask if the girls' punishment is up yet
>>
>writing
>>
"I'll go do that now, she looks like she isn't busy" You say. "You think maybe you could let the girls out of the corner? They've been there for a while"

"Depends on if they're willing to apologize or not..." Fran says. "Girls?"

You head off, as Fran gets her kids to apologize to Ilica. Madelaine is sitting at a table with Derrick, Emi, and Meyu, enjoying a slice of cake...

"I didn't know there was cake" You say.
"Ish delicioush" She replies, with a mouth full of said cake.
"Fran made it" Derrick adds.

"Ooooo. Definitely gonna have to get me some of that..." You say. "How'd it go in the cave"

Madelaine swallows, looking excited. "It did a thing!" She says. "We put the emblem into its slot, and it sent a line of green energy along the floor to the big portal"

"What did that do?" You ask.
"No clue!" She says. "But a thing happened, and that means the ruins are linked to the gate"

"Any idea what the emblems might actually do?" You ask.
"Well it already opens to somewhere..." Meyu says. "Stoencht seemed to have an idea, but I didn't get a chance to ask him about it"

You nod.

>Go see Stoencht

>Go get some cake

>Go back to Fran

>Other
>>
>>1856944
>Go get some cake

>Go back to Fran
>>
>>1856944

>Go get some cake

>Go back to Fran
>>
>>1856944
>Go get some cake

>Go back to Fran
>>
>>1856944
>>Go get some cake
>>Go back to Fran
>>
>writing
>>
We should ask for the emblem
Wind blade sounds useful, yknow?
>>
"I'm sure I'll get a chance later. For now, though... where did you get that cake?" You ask.

Madelaine points you over to the dessert table.

"Awesome" You say. "Could I also get the emblem back?"
"Sure thing" Madelaine says, as she pulls it out and hands it to you. "You hold onto it for now, since you're the only one who can do stuff with it"
"Yeah. Who knows? A wind blade might come in handy" You say, as you pocket the emblem and start heading off. "But for now, dessert"

You aren't sure how you missed this... even when you were wondering where Stella got the cookies from. You decide to load a plate up with sweet stuff, and bring it back to the devils to share... as compensation for ratting them out. Hopefully it'll be enough.

"Hey guys" You say, as you get back to the table.

"Hmmph" Lily says.
"Hmmph" Daisy echoes.

"I brought snacks" You say, as you sit down at the table and put down your big plate laden with sweets...

Lily and Daisy turn and lock their eyes on your plate, and then come over and sit in your lap.

"Offering accepted?" You ask.

They look up and smile, and you hug them both. "Did I mention that I missed you two?" You ask.

When you let them go, all 3 of you dig in to your dessert plate.

"Girls, don't eat too much. Bed time isn't far off" Fran says.
"Mohay" Lily says, with a mouth full of cupcake.

Fran sighs, and turns to you. "So did she find anything?" She asks.
"The emblem did do something, but we're still not sure what" You say.

"That's disappointing" Fran says.
"Not entirely" You say. "Something did happen. That makes it worth hunting down the other emblems"
"That's for sure..." Fran says. "I'm worried about what their purpose might be"

"We'll find out eventually..." You say.

>1/2
>>
>>1857017
>"I'm worried about what their purpose might be"
Money on that it opens a gate from their world to Yuu and Madeline's orginal world.
>>
>>1857018
I'll put money on the black god's cage.
>>
When you're finished your desserts you lean back in your chair, and the devils lean with you.

"I can't believe we finished all that" You say.
"Me neither" Lily says.
"I can" Daisy says.

"So Yuu... what are your plans after this?" Fran asks.
"Not sure yet" You say. "It's up between staying at the archive, training with Frederick, or going with the hunters"

"Hey, we'd love to have ya" Lance says. "Maybe we can whip some discipline into you"
"Frederick... do you mean that Frederick? The First Knight?" Fran asks. "I've heard he's quite the fighter"

"I'm kinda leaning towards staying with the scholars right now... maybe learn some more about myself" You say.
"It's up to you" Fran says. "Sounds like you've got some big opportunities"

"Definitely... but I'll be going with-"

>The Scholars
Bonuses:
5 news spells (1 offensive, 1 defensive, 1 supportive, and 2 upgrades on current spells)
+2 to focus threshold
Better mageblade manipulation skills
You'll stay in Leon, and spend time with: Emi,Pip, Marybell, Altea, Stoencht, Leah, Coral

>The First Knight
Bonuses:
2 new spells (1 offensive, 1 upgrade on a current spell)
+3 to all your stats.
A sturdier mageblade
Characters are the same as if you stayed with the scholars, but with the King and Frederick in there as well.

>The Hunters
Bonuses:
2 new spells (1 defensive, 1 supportive)
+1 to all stats, extra +1 to endurance.
+1 focus threshold
A larger mageblade
Characters: Madelaine, Meyu, Gerard, Zaine, Ilica, Hella, Derrick, Lance, Richard, Coral, and various other hunters.

I'll be giving 20 minutes for this vote.
>>
>>1857055
>>The Scholars
More Magic and Focus for a total of 8? Sounds good to me.
>>
>>1857055
>The hunters
>>
>>1857055
>>The Scholars
Can Stella be there too?
>>
>>1857055
>The Scholars
Chaos mana Spirit Bomb boyz
>>
>>1857055
>The Scholars
UNLIMITED POWER
>>
>>1857055
>The Scholars
>>
>>1857055
Scholars
>>
>>1857055
>The Scholars
>>
>>1857070
>>1857055
Since we would be staying in Leon, would we also have a chance to get closer to our new cousin?
>>
>>1857078
Dont lewd the cousin
>>
>>1857055
>The Scholars

I kind of feel like the First Knight is hard to give up, I really do, but I think we are going to come into a situation where we really need more chaos spells.
>>
>>1857078
Yes. I missed Daria, she'll be in Leon as well.
>>
>>1857088
I didn't see Stella among the listed characters, but I assume she's going with the other hunters?

Or is she coming with us?
>>
>>1857098
>Not wanting Three glorious months free of bunnies
>>
I have to admit at this point I have kind of lost track of our spells. We have what, a shield spell, an aoe blast, a single target, and a piercing attack? Any others I am missing?

I'd personally like to give a go at getting something a little more unusual that others might not have. Some things running through my mind in particular are trying healing with chaos, interfering with mana, or perhaps some kind of mental shielding.
>>
>>1857101
>not wanting a huge ball of chaos to throw at your enemies
>>
>>1857104
We could probably upgrade one of our existing spells to close enough I'd figure.
>>
>>1857101
You currently have: soul wave, soul bolt, and soul buckler. Blade wave and Blade burst are both technically mageblade techniques, but act similar to spells.

>>1857098
Stella is posted in Locke, and will be remaining there.

>writing
>>
>>1857104
>just make spells to match DBZ moves
>>
>>1857108
This guy gets it
>>
>>1857108
>inb4 Soulerflare
>>
"The scholars. Definitely the scholars" You say.
"Interesting choice" Fran says. "Why?"

"I went to Namaki and asked her for advice, and she told me to look at what each thing would make me" You say. "The hunters would make me clever, Frederick would make me strong, and the scholars would make me powerful"

"You don't wanna be clever?" Lance asks.
"That's the thing: I have people around me who are strong, and who are clever" You say. "There's only one person that can use soul, so I'm going to focus on that. Plus I'll be able to study myself and learn more about pure demons"

"Sounds like you really thought this through" Fran says.
"Well... I did go way out of my way to get to Otuna to aska 348 year old fox for advice" You say. "It's a big decision, and I treated it as such"

"Well-" Lance says, as he raises his glass, and pushes a second one towards you. "-here's to you"

You raise your glass with him, and sniff the liquid inside before drinking it. It's only juice.

"Next time we see you, you'll be a properly educated young man" Lance says. "Best of luck"
"You too. A shame I'll have to miss out on hunting" You say.
"Bah, there'll be plenty of hunts to come, lad" He says. "Once the Legion is dealth with, we'll be doing another cull in Antolia... gods only know how bad things have gotten there"

You smile. "I'm definitely down for that" You say. Looking down, you see that the devils have fallen asleep. "Aww... I guess all those sweets didn't keep them up after all"

"I guess... we should get them to bed" Fran says. "Enjoy you evening. When you're ready to retire, your old room at the castle is there"
"Thanks" You say.

Fran gets up and grabs Daisy, while Lance grabs Lily, and they both say their goodbyes and head off,

Meanwhile, you turn back to the rest of the room, figuring you might as well enjoy yourself. You don't thnk you'll be getting much free time in the coming months, and this will be the last time in a while that everyone's together.

Stella comes up behind you and leans her head on yours, draping her arms down your chest. "Hey Yuu" She says.
"What's up?" You ask.
"They've got musicians at the tavern next door, and I wanna go dance" She says. "I asked everyone else, and they said they'd go if you do"

You consider it for a moment, and then shrug. "Sure, why not?" You ask.
Stella smiles, leaning down to kiss you on the cheek, before grabbing your hand and dragging you to your feet. "Alright everyone, he's in!"

Stella's declaration is met with a mix of groans and grins, as the hall clears out... It's gonna be a fun night.
>>
That's actually all for this arc!

Next thread will be in a week or two, starting off the end of the timeskip with a brief summary of what happened during, before taking off on the next adventure. I'll also let you guys pick your spells and upgrades.

>>
>>1857129
>>
>>1857129
Thanks for the thread Smiley
>>
>>1857129
Time to learn all about Demons, Magic and Soul
>>
>>1857129
Thanks for running Smiley. Be sure to relax during the break.
Thread posts: 499
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.