[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

aMAZEing Tower Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: Maze_quest.jpg (7KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
Maze_quest.jpg
7KB, 324x324px
>What is this?
An old school dungeon crawl. Traps are deadly, monsters are scary and death is swift and painful. Don't forget your 10' pole!

You are in the Amazeing Tower. You are:
>A wizard seeking a cure for his illness
>A fighter seeking his lover
>A priest seeking money for his cause
>A ranger seeking blood
>A thief seeking to revive his dead wife
You will find it at the top of the tower!

Rules:
>There is only 1 PC but many players
>Tell me what the PC does and roll 2d6
>I may or may not use the roll
>First poster takes precedence
>More roleplay = less rollplay
>Be careful, you can die very easily

Char Sheet
>Name:
>Class:
>Stats: Str/Int/Cha/HP* (assign from [-1, 0, +1, +2])
*HP -1 means you are crippled in some way
>Abilities: (TBD by class)

>Resource Points (RP): 2
>Light: 5 turns

What is RP?
>RP or resource points are an abstract notion of your inventory. It counts as gold, crafting components, survival equipment, generic equipment (like arrows, knives etc.) all in one.
What is Light?
>Light is an abstract notion of how many hours of light you have left, whether it be from a torch, lamp, magic spell or something else. Light is very important, it gets used up whenever I accept a roll. It is replenished by RP.

Tips
>Traps will insta-kill, be very careful
>0 HP means you will be killed by a single, solid blow
>Armor gives you more HP
>There is always a second solution
>More roleplay = Less rollplay!
>>
>>18363
>A wizard seeking a cure for his illness

Let us entertain each other.
>>
>>18373
Our wizards illness is actually a birth defect causing his left leg to be longer than his right forcing him to hobble everywhere.
>>
>>18373
>>18384
I second this.
>>
File: tegaki.png (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
15KB, 400x400px
>>18421
>>18373
>>18384
You are a wizard of middle age and short stature. You were cursed from birth to hobble on one leg - your left one - while your shorter, smaller, uglier, right leg lies limp and hidden beneath your robes. Seeking either to die, or live on two legs, you have come to Amazeing Tower.

>What is your name?
>What are your stats?
Choose an ability*:
>Chemical Explosives: You may use 2 RP to create a small but powerful chemical explosive which can destroy anything in a 5 foot-radius. You start with 1 Chemical Explosive
>Magic Pill: You may use 2 RP to make a magic pill which greatly increases your stats for a short period. Be warned, magic pills are bad for your heart and repeated use can lead to addiction
>Tablet of Power: You have a magical tablet which can answer (almost) any question you pose it. You get 3 Questions/1RP. You start with 3 Questions.

*Note abilities are mutually exclusive, i.e you won't get these abilities again
>>
>>18590
Magic pill seems like a sound option.
>>
>>18590
>Name: Houser
>Str: 0
>Int: 2
>Char: -1
>HP: 1
>Magic Pill
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>18641
>>18662
You are Houser the Bright, the Stump, for you were first in brilliance among your peers, but last in the races.

Around you are stone walls curving into the darkness. Above you is a low ceiling. Below you, a moss-covered floor. There are two passages, one to the left. Another to the right. (see OP image)

>What will you do?

You have in your possession:
>A Magic Pill

>RP: 2
>>
>>18761
After a quick glance left and then right, Houser takes the left path.
>>
File: Maze_quest_2.jpg (7KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
Maze_quest_2.jpg
7KB, 324x324px
>>18862
You hobble left and, before long, you hit a wall. You turn around to go back, but whispers suddenly fill your ear. You look back at the wall. Nothing. You rub your eyes, then you see a silvery ghost float out from the wall. It is a beautiful elven little girl -- about 8 years old. She does not seem to notice you and wanders past you harmlessly. She is whispering something.

>What will you do?

>A Magic Pill

P.S Please start rolling 2d6 after every post
>>
Rolled 3, 4 = 7 (2d6)

>>18992
Try to hear what shes saying.
>>
>>19160
You get close enough to clearly hear her whispers. Unfortunately she is speaking an ancient elvish dialect you do not recognize. There are, however, three words which sound similar to words in modern Elvish: Mother, monster and...carrots?

>What will you do?

>A Magic Pill

>Light: 4 turns
>>
>>19234
Walk past her. You do not speak Elvish. Prepare for carrot monsters ahead.
>>
File: Maze_quest_3.jpg (8KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
Maze_quest_3.jpg
8KB, 324x324px
>>19975
You walk past the ghost and continue on your way. Your path leads you into a large room with a high ceiling and long marble pillars that ascend into the darkness. You can see two paths leading out of the room, as you consider which way to go, your musings are interrupted by the soft sound of snoring.

An enormous humanoid creature, at least three times your size, lies curled in sweet sleep around a small mound of assorted treasures -- jewels, gold coins. A small lockbox about the size of your fist lies at the top of the heap.

You had not noticed before, but the floor is littered with bones, some of them humanoid...all of them picked clean of meat.

>What will you do?

>A Magic Pill

>>
>>20247
*should be three paths: east, west and northeast
>>
>>20253
No need to be an unsociable weirdo, greet the fellow with a friendly face. Surely the company is better than that rude ghost bitch who ignored you.
>>
>>20656
You clear your throat and in a loud, friendly voice say
>Greetings friend! I am pleased to make your acquaintance
The creature snorts awake and looks around for the source of the sound. He spots you and roars. Your robes are blown back by the force of his breath and you struggle to remain standing.

The creature stands. You were wrong. He is at least 5 times your size. He scratches his backside and leans forward bringing his huge eye to your face. Then he sits back down, wrapping his legs around the mound of treasure.
>Sorry about that old chap. Hope I didn't scare you. You know how it is, you're having a jolly old time in dream-land and then all of a sudden you're awake. But where *are* my manners? I am called "Warner Arnerk Hony Haucey the III". My friends call me Warner. And you are?
He extends a giant hand forward.

>What do you do?

>A Magic Pill

>>
>>21076
I am wizard hired to catalog, and charter this tower by the potentially new owner. My job is to document all creatures dead, alive, undead and those that exist in in life along With all contraptions located within. Id love to shake your hand, but unortunatly Protocall does not allow me too. I do apologize, now first question, on a scale to 1-10 how satisfied are you about your current residence?

Please shorten this.
>>
Rolled 6, 6 = 12 (2d6)

>>21076
Do you speak Elvish? Also did you see any carrots here?
>>
>>21206
>My name is Houser. Do you by chance speak Old Elvish? And...do you have any carrots?
The creature considers these questions as you shake its finger. It strokes his giant chin.
>Sorry old boy, I'm afraid the answer is no to both. Curious questions to be sure. Why do you ask?

>What do you do?

>A Magic Pill

>>
>>21490
Tell him that one of the previous inhabitants is a ghost who speaks old Elvish and you need to find someone who does speak it to properly do your job. As for the carrots, you forgot to pack some and could go for a light snack.
>>
Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d6)

>>21490

i'll roll for >>22096
>>
>>22096
>>22244
>I met a ghost - a young elvish girl -
>Ahhh...yes. You must mean little Erdariel. Darling girl.
The creature leans back and scratches its stomach. There is an awkward silence. You decide to break it.
>So...you know her?
>Hmm? Oh yes. Yes. Daughter of Endel. She passed by here, Endel that is, oh...300 years ago? Or was it 400? My memory is not what it used be.
It chuckles.
>She had her daughter with her, of course. I remember that. And...yes, I do believe her daughter was ill, or perhaps wounded. Well, something of that nature, and she came here seeking a cure. I haven't seen her since. But I suppose, she didn't succeed. Tragic, simply tragic...So, what about the carrots?
>Oh...I was just...looking for a snack.
The creature smiles and you can see rows and rows of sharp teeth.
>Oh I know the feeling old boy. I know the feeling. A bit esurient myself to tell you the truth.
The creature licks its lips and you suddenly feel very uncomfortable.

>What do you do?

>A Magic Pill

>>
>>22449
Ask him for any dangers that could be in the labyrinth. Also for any valuable items, specially tourches or things that produce light.
>>
Rolled 4, 2 = 6 (2d6)

>>24148
Fotgot to roll
>>
File: tegaki.png (110KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
110KB, 400x400px
>>24148
>>24166
You shift nervously from foot to staff.
>So Warner, what do you know of this labyrinth? Any dangers I should know about? And do you by chance possesses anything that could help me traverse it?
The creature smiles its sharp smile
>Why yes, old chap, I've been here many years and I know a thing or two about what resides between these walls. And, yes, I might have a trinket or two to help you on your way. But as with all things, there is a price.
It smiles again. You gulp.
>What price?
>Do you like games old chap?
>Games? Well I'm not particularly fond of them, but I don't mind them either, why do you ask?
>I, for one, adore them. Especially riddles! Oh, would you like to play one - ah but I should warn you old boy, I play to win.
>Uh...well...
>Of course, we would have to make it interesting...
>O-oh?
>Oh yes. Yes. If you win, I'll give you something from my stash or answer one of your questions about the labyrinth.
>And...if I lose?
>I'll have your flesh for supper!

>What do you do?

>A Magic Pill

*Last post for the night. I will continue it tomorrow
>>
>>24782
No reward without risk
>>
>>24987
>Alright...let's play
>Excellent! Ah it has been so long since I've had an opponent, or a good meal.
It laughs.
>Alright, what shall we play? I know, let's keep it simple. I'll ask you a riddle. Answer it correctly, you win! Answer it incorrectly, you lose.
>Ok. What's the riddle?
>Hmmmmm, Oh! How about this one - no no, that's too easy. Much too easy. Ahh yes, I know:

Women love me
The old lose me
The pious kill me
The cold need me
The warm hate me
Wound me but you don’t bleed
Sever me but you don’t die
What am I?

>What do you do?

>A Magic Pill

>>
>>29082
Sex?
>>
>>29204
Dude. Cmon. I was thinking along the lines of friendship affection or family, but those all get stuck on "the cold need me and the warm hate me"
>>
IVE GOT IT.
Feelings.
Women have all kinds of feelings.
As you get older you lose your senses the pious demand you give all to God
The cold have gone numb
The hot dont want to feel anymore
If you wound them you dont bleed if you sever them you dont die.
>>
>>29217
A lot of people dont like sex when it is really hot tempearatures. And having sex in the cold makes you warm.
>>29235
This can be it too
>>
>>29270
Yes but wounding sex?
>>
>>29235
>>29204
You sit down and think about the riddle. Sex? Family? Friendship? Feelings? Hmm, feelings sounds pretty good. Maybe that *is* the answer? You look at the creatures face, its grinning quietly. You could answer, but you aren't sure. You need some help.
>I have a question
>Of course, old chap. What is it?
>It doesn't seem fair that I only have one chance to answer. Can't you give me more chances? Or at least a hint?
>Hmm...I'll give you three chances - in exchange for whatever gold you have in your purse (1 RP)
It smiles again.

>What do you do?

>A Magic Pill

>>
>>29270
(we only have a couple RP should we take it?)
>>
>>29297
Depending on whether or not this guy is an atheist, the answer could be sanity.
>>
>>29654
What does warm and cold have to do with sanity? I dont know. I will go for eather sex or feelings. I will say feelings first
>>
>>29297
Okay Im making an executive decision. Give him the gold. First guess is feelings.
>>
>>32031
>Alright. Here's the gold. You throw your purse into the pile
It smiles its sharp smile.
>3 Guesses. Take your time.
>Is it "Feelings"?
>Feelings! Hmm, an interesting answer. Women...old...pious - yes - ah, but why would the warm hate feelings? No, old chap. I'm afraid this is not the answer. Try again.
>>
>>32473
>What do you do?

>A Magic Pill

>RP: 1
>>
>>32473
Well simply because when youre to hot you dont want to feel that way any more. But fair enough I shall guess again.
(Someone else guess. Im not pinging this failure soley on me)
>>
>>32473
>>32488
(Since I want to move this along...)
You rack your brain for an answer and you remember an old book of riddles your mother read to you when you were younger. The memory is fuzzy but you think you remember a similar riddle.

You can spend some time musing and trying to remember (-1 Light, roll 2d6) or you can accelerate the process by taking your magic pill (roll 2d6).

>What do you do?

>A Magic Pill

>>
>>33202
Panic, and dive into his loot stash to hide, in the fashion of a rich duck.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>33202
Use pill!
>>
>>33466
roll+1d6
>>
>>33976
Whoops
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>34001
>>
>>34014
>>33466
You decide to take the magic pill to enhance your mind and body (-1 Magic Pill)
>All your stats (except Cha) get a +2 for 1 turn
You think about the riddle. Immedately the answer pops into your head. Its so simple!
>I know the answer Warner
>Oh? Do tell.
>Its 'Hair"
>Ah! Very good! Well you're certainly a better opponent than I expected. Well then, you've won old chap. What would you like? I can answer some of your questions or I can give you a useful trinket from my collection.

>What do you do?

>>
>>34090
Give me shit
>>
>>34611
>A trinket would be better I think
>As you wish, old boy, as you wish. Here is what I have, you may choose two:
He displays the following objects.
1. The lock-box you saw earlier, inside it is a ring with a red gem.
2. A broken sword - with just the hilt and part of the blade - covered in rust and grime.
3. A chunk of glowrock. It glows pale green and provides permanent light, at the cost of 1 health
4. An old brass doorknob.
5. A keyring with many strange-shaped keys
6. A small, golden, statue of Susaba, god of Wealth, Commerce and Conspiracy
7. A rusty shield with faded markings on its body and an empty socket in the center
8. Several small vials of colorful liquids

You are certain that some of these are magical. Perhaps you should take a moment to "taste" the magic of each one (roll 2d6)?

>What do you do?

>>
>>35323
Dont be distracted by loot and remember what we came here for, use his guidance to progress
>>
>>34611
>>35470
I'll need a consensus then
>>
>>34090
Ya ever have one of those times where you think your really clever for figuring out something, but it turns out that that was extremely wrong? This is one of those times.
>>
>>35323
My votes on Glow Rock
>>
roll +1d6

6. A small, golden, statue of Susaba, god of Wealth, Commerce and Conspiracy
>>
>>38715
roll
>>
Rolled 3, 2 = 5 (2d6)

>>38728
Oh duh
>>
>>38436
>>38715
(Ok so should I go ahead with these two items or what?)
>>
>>44289
I think we're only allowed one
>>
>>44289
Wait nevermind Im dumb
>>
>>44289
yes
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.