[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bug Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 17

File: QueenBug.png (603KB, 736x803px) Image search: [Google]
QueenBug.png
603KB, 736x803px
You are the hive, the drones are not in command, the Queen is not in command, though she is of importance, all that matters is the hive and the good of the swarm. The Queen buzzes through the air, her large membranous wings beating a humming breeze beneath her Chitin shell, the thick fur of her underbelly matted with Larvae waiting to mature and wait on their Matriarch. The landscape spreads before the Queen, many possible locations to set up a burrow or paper hive.

>In the distance is a giant forest, trees tripling their usual height. Land here and make a nest.

>Beneath you in thick luscious fields with dotted trees and a stream. Land here and make a nest.

>To your right in the distance is a large mountain range, though cold is sure to have caverns. Land here and make a nest.

>To your left is a thick regular forest that the stream disappears into. Land here and make a nest

Also
>Chew up wood and make a paper/ resin nest above ground
>Burrow and create an underground nest

>1 Queen
>4 Larvae
>Food- 2 Royal Jelly
>Hive- None
>Known races- None

For any action such as combat, travelling, exploring, digging, breeding etc... Roll a d100 "/dice 1d100"
>>
>>1829573
can we do both nests? majority underground and some on the surface?
>>
>To your right in the distance is a large mountain range, though cold is sure to have caverns. Land here and make a nest.

If there's already a large cavern present, take shelter in that and start reinforcing it to make it all cozy for the queen.
>>
>>1829593
You can, but for now pick 1 as a base, then can work different layers from there
>>
>>1829597
This will lower the chance of encountering intruders plus we can evolve to have a resistance to the cold.
>>
>>1829593
>>1829597
First to 3.. or if this takes ages first to 2 and that's where we land
>>
>>1829573
>In the distance is a giant forest, trees tripling their usual height. Land here and make a nest.
>>
>>1829602
but less of things like food and wood
>>
>>1829610
>>1829615
Are you proposing we make tree nests because if so then I'm up for that rather than my mountain choice?
>>
>>1829619
we start with underground because we can make chokepoints and its easier to defend and hide then we expand upwards with paper nest and or under a tree when we have gotten a feel for the land
>>
>>1829573

Nice quest, hope this picks up speed.
>>
>>1829619
>>1829626
basically yes but we start by hiding underground
>>
File: letsdothis.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
letsdothis.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>1829626
>>1829630
Sounds tight, I'll change my initial choice for starting area, OP.
>>
>>1829634
nice and rainforest often have a rich/diverse biosphere just think of all the adaptations we can copy/steal
>>
>>1829641
Heckin' yes, now where's op?
>>
>>1829573
>>
>>1829647
this is OP
>>1829608
>>1829599
>>
>>1829652
>>1829647
>>1829650
The Queen engages her wings and heads forward towards the towering trees covering the skyline. After a while the Queen zips into the trees, being currently no larger than a dog, the giant trees appear even larger to the bugs, reaching up into the atmosphere. Minutes pass as she zips from tree, hearing birds calling in the distance, the sunlight dimming within the woodland. Her claws dig into the bark of a tree trunk, your Queen sniffing the air and finding some soft mossy earth. She decides this area is soft enough to dig, but strong enough to support a cavern, her large forward claws begin to shovel and dig, spraying dirt behind her. Some time passes and a small tunnel has been dug into the earth, the Grubs are laid and quickly mature to small drones, the size of cats, their shells still fresh and soft but hardening fast.

>1 Queen
>4 Drones
>Food- 2 Royal Jelly
>Hive- Entrance Tunnel
>Known Races- None

You may dedicate any amount of drones to foraging, exploring, burrowing, or harvesting wood for paper resin. Roll a D100 for each action to determine its effectiveness.
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1829661
>Stock up on food.

Then we'll start burrowing some more.
>>
>>1829668
All 4 to search for food?
>>
>>1829671
>3 of the drones.
>1 to protect the queen.
>>
>>1829668
this and 3 and 1 protecting the queen
we first gather food or else we are not going to live long then we scout our surroundings
>>
>>1829674
>>1829672
>>1829668
The Queen nuzzles down into the tunnel, filling the back end of it and laying down, one of the drones follows her in and hides near the entrance hole, keeping its eyes just above ground to spot for potential food or intruders. The other three drones skitter out onto the leaf strewn dirt floor of the woodland, though not the fastest of bugs they are loyal and persistent and keep a steady search through the woods, digging into the soils and pulling at bushes with their mandibles. Hours pass and the three drones return, one unfortunately has nothing, while the other two drop various roots, vegetables and a baby bird at the queens feet. She reaches out her claws and drags the food towards herself, storing it for night when the bugs will eat for the next day. What can be seen of the sky outside has begun to turn yellow as the sun hangs low in the sky, rays of light piercing the trees, the drones shuffle around the entrance tunnel.

Before nightfall decide if you want the queen or drones to help forage, explore, build, breed etc.... just remember D100

>1 Queen
>4 Drones
>Food- 2 Royal Jelly, 1 meat, 9 veg
>Hive- Entrance Tunnel
>Known Races- None
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1829691
dig deeper and reinforce the tunnels and try to hide the opening to the tunnel
>>
>>1829697
more tunnels or rooms or something else you had in mind? Just curious
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>1829697
Supporting
>>
>>1829702
just make it bigger and a little deeper so all the drones can sleep in the nest but the opening will be not be any larger
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>
i have a question do good plans and suggestions affect the roll and is it also so with stupid ideas?
>>
>>1829711
>>1829703
The Queen shuffles awkwardly in the tunnel, enough room to allow a drone next to her, they begin digging deeper into the earth, careful to avoid tree roots where they can. Meanwhile the other drones attempt to reinforce the front entrance, secreting slime into the earth to strengthen its bonds, while the others grab nearby twigs and bite off pieces of moss littering the floor, dragging it over the entrance. Its a poor attempt to hide it, it wont fool any tracker or someone looking for it, but a passing wanderer might miss it. The drones return to the safety of the lair as the sky turns a dark shade of blue and the last rays of light flicker behind the trees, the occasional call of an animal or screech of a nocturnal bird break the silence, the Queen meanwhile settles down to eat as the Drones take turns watching the entrance and sleeping.

The night passes without incidence and the warmth of the sun returns to the monolithic forest, bird song tweets through the crisp morning air and the Drones awaken for a new morning.

>1 Queen
>4 Drones
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 1 meat, 5 veg
>Hive- Poorly Hidden Entrance Tunnel, Tunnel Hall
>Known Races- None
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1829716
You can do some seriously dumb shit, if you roll high enough itll work out, assuming its possible
>>
>>1829741
Time to burrow even more. Any suggestion for room layout, King G?
>>
>>1829747
i mean can we get a bonus in the roll for making good suggestions and plans like the describe exactly how to make camouflage or a stone age tool
>>
>>1829748
i was thinking of digging deeper hiding the entrance better and making a temporary chamber for the queen that is going to be later used as a guard station
>>
>>1829775
I was thinking of making 3 connecting rooms to start. The first one being the entrance room for drone bugs to sleep in and guard the rest of the to-be hive. The next 2 rooms split out from the first. One for the queen to stay in and lay eggs and one for food storage.
>>
>>1829772
ohhh yeah definitely, ambushing someone stealthily from cover is gonna work better than running across an open field
>>
>>1829775
In time, we can go deeper and higher, making more intricate labyrinths as we build more.
>>
>>1829775
just one slopping tunnel that then expands into a chamber with a bowl like floor its to contain any water that trickle down the camber is horizontal so it does not get down in the tunnel then we make a straight tunnel then we make a sloping tunnel to expand deeper underground this is what i wrote before i saw this >>1829782
i like your idea we can re-purpose the rooms late when we expand
>>1829785
we can make small hunting burrows where they can wait like trap door spiders
>>1829786
agreed i would recommend breaking it up so they cant use the right side trick deadends and i hope sliding walls so we can change the lay out of the maze
>>
>>1829786
>>1829782
>>1829775
>>1829772
>>1829748
Once you've decided on a rough layout or rooms you wanna dig, roll away
>>
>>1829782
so CJ are we going to do this? or any suggestions for what we can do? i was thinking we have the tunnel go into a room for the guarding and being the barracks then after that we have it split into two rooms that have a tunnel between them your idea but we connect the queen chamber and food storage
>>
>>1829808
it will make it easier for traffic and so the queen have easy access to the food
>>
I think it should start off like this to reduce any damage by flooding.
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 1168x608px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 1168x608px
I'm a dumnass for forgetting the pic
>>
>>1829820
agreed so make a bowl like first room and making something roof over the entrance like a hut and a tiny barrier in the opening on the floor so no water gets in the roof is for the rain
>>
>>1829847
>>1829823
>>1829820
All Drones dedicated to this task? A flood defense room and extra chamber? Anyone wanna roll?
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>1829855
3 drones to that, with the fourth drone searching around for small rocks to use as reinforcement for our burrow.
>>
>>1829855
a flood defense room and a camouflaged hut over the entrance for the rain with a barrier/ledge so that water does not get in from the "floor" thing of the opening being over the ground so water does not trickle in
>>
>>1829869
we have one drone look for rock to use to build with and possibly use chewed up tree/paper for mortar or do we have glue like saliva? is this a proper method of construction?
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>
>>1829913
just wanted to see if i could roll over 32
>>
>>1829917
>>1829913
>>1829867
>>1829786
The drones awaken, burrowing down into the earth in front of the Queen but before the entrance, making a small tunnel down below to an opened chamber, to collect rainwater and stop water seeping into the hive. Above a drone scurries around gathering stones and rocks and solid pieces of wood, chewing the bark and secreting a resin around the stones to harden them in place, after an hour there is almost a foot high pile of leaves and stones and dirt around the entrance. As the drone skitters over to grab some more stones he peers up to see a small humanoid hanging from a large tree branch above, covered in camouflage leaves and vines, with long matted hair, it hangs still from the tree observing the drone.

>1 Queen
>4 Drones
>Hive- Poorly Hidden Entrance Tunnel, Tunnel Hall, flood chamber in progress
>Known Races- None
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1829932
Gonna have to leave it for tonight but will likely pick back up Saturday evening or sunday
>>
so should we be friendly to this clearly intelligent species ?
>>
>>1829953
thanks for running looking towards next session i hope i will be here then
>>
>>1829954
we should kill it. it knows where our nest is, and can lead others to it. we'd have to relocate otherwise.
>>
>>1829960
before that i want to look if there are more of them around here and if its hostile
>>
File: 1440271343942.png (1MB, 1019x881px) Image search: [Google]
1440271343942.png
1MB, 1019x881px
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>1829932
>hangs still from the tree observing the drone
oh shit.

Tunnel an emergency exit from the burrow a ways away so we can either attack or run away if an attacker gets distracted with the main entrance.
>>
>>1830192
i support this idea we have 2 drones dig 1 guard the queen 1 try to diplomacy with the humanoid
>>
>>1830221
>try to diplomacy with the humanoid

disagree, the humanoid has only seen the drones. we should pretend to be stupid like a dog or something, get domesticated, then usurp and enslave it's kind.
>>
>>1830258
I second this
>>
>>1830258
i support this
>>
i wonder if we could make something like honey?
>>
is it going to continue here or in a new thread i would not recommend a new thread this one is to short
>>
>>1832812
>>1831891
>>1830258
>>1830192
Cant host tonight, but tomorrow evening ill pick this back up!
>>
>>1833146
ok no problem
so why could you not host?
>>
File: Capture.png (36KB, 855x524px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
36KB, 855x524px
So what kind of hive layout do we have so far?
>>
>>1835951
cool nice 3D model i think that is accurate but closer to the tree i think? >>1829823
>>
File: Capture.png (94KB, 1494x858px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
94KB, 1494x858px
can't get much closer
>>
>>1835967
i think this is perfect to show what we have built
>>
>>1835967
>>1835951
good work how long did it to take to make these?
>>
File: Capture.png (233KB, 1065x616px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
233KB, 1065x616px
>>1835972
my thought too, since tunnels can go in 3 axis.

>>1835971
about an hour, maybe? trying different things and planning. the tunnel was very fast, but the situation escalated..
>
>>
>>1835975
"my thought too, since tunnels can go in 3 axis."
what do you mean?
also i really like that picture
>>
>>1835976
I think he means because it can better represent the tunnel since we can articulate how it is built in a 3d world.
>>
>>1835976
>>1835978

yeah. trying to draw a 2d map from 3d tunnel network doesn't work so well.
>>
File: 1459557079556.jpg (518KB, 1400x982px) Image search: [Google]
1459557079556.jpg
518KB, 1400x982px
>>
so when we get "domesticated" should we have some drones get smaller and be like bees and make something like honey? so that they dont see a reason to eat us
>>
I'm mostly just thinking of zerg in terms of the mutations thing.

Also I won't be able to post much today because I'll be at work all day. Good luck gentlemen. Don't get fucked by RNG.
>>
>>1836019
i will try
>>
look a this channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA shows how to do primitive technology i am right now watching all the episodes also recommendation after read the description he writes there instead of talking
>>
>>1836036
>>1836019
>>1836006
>>1835976
The drone outside stares up at the slender pale interloper, it stares back curiously watching the drone construct its little rock pile. Fearful of revealing the nest the drone begins shuffling around aimlessley in the clearing. Back in the tunnel the drones and Queen recieve a pheremone signal alerting them of danger, the drones in the tunnel turn around and begin trying to dig out a secret exit, the soil they dig through however is damp and loose, collapsing down on top of a Drone, the others spend their time and energy dedicated to freeing their squirming brethren.
Outside the Drone shuffles from tree to tree, the vine and moss covered humanoid slowly and carefully lowers himself onto the forest floor and drawing a short crude spear, he keeps it pointed defensively at the Grub and observes from a more even level.

The Queen may dedicate her time to helping the drones, researching genetic traits, or breeding (which requires a drone) and all of these actions require a D100

Likewise the drones can tunnel, explore, forage, interact in any way you wish, breed or other options, which require a D100

>1 Queen
>4 Drones
>Known Races- None
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1836218
Queens and drones can all do individual tasks so feel free to dedicate them any which way you wish in any quantity
>>
>>1836218
have the drone carefully and slowly approach the pale humanoid also sniff and try to memorize its smell

finally this is alive
>>
>>1836222
how do our drones look like? short or long limbs thick or thin limbs and what are the color does the body have segments?
>>
After we've dealt with this humanoid thing, queen should start breeding. more workforce is needed. Are the traits defined before new bugs are born (e.g. born with trait X, always has trait X, no more, no less.) or can existing ones mutate with new traits (has trait X, later gains trait Y)?

And i don't really have ideas how to deal with the humanoid, this could go in any way. For now, stay alert.
>>
>>1836254
i dont want us to appear hostile to them more like dogs or some other friendly animal i want us to have a symbiotic relationship with them if they are worth it
>>
>>1836254
i also wonder if the current queen and or drones can go into a cocoon state and get new traits
>>
>>1836253
Thick, shelled, stubby thick powerful limbs for digging, not overly fast or strong but a decent workforce
>>
>>1836239
>>1836218
have the drone carefully cautiously and slowly approach the humanoid the drone is lightly curios have the drone look if there are anymore humanoids and smell the humanoid take a few deep sniffs
>>
>>1836265
>>1836254
The drone cautiously approaches the small humanoid, sniffing the air around it carefully. The creature raises its spear ready to strike if need be. The drone crawls forward very anxiously and slowly, tilting its rounded head upwards and sniffing at the intruder. The humanoid is slender and pale, its skin covered by clothes seemingly made from the forest, vines and moss and leafy protrusions hang from its pallid frame, its face hidden by a wooden mask. It reaches a thin hand out slowly, placing it on the Drones head, the Drone sniffs at it, drooling slightly. The matted hair of the creatures wafts in the breeze as it tilts it head, stroking your drone. It stands up slowly and leaps into a branch, before scurrying away through the twisted overgrowth, the drone below watching it leave. Meanwhile the Queen and drones dig their brother out of the collapsed tunnel

>1 Queen
>4 Drones
>Known Races- Dryad
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
is the only one with wings the queen?
and can we wake something like honey consecrated sugar and nutrients?
>>
>>1836407
yes and not yet but eventually
>>
>>1836407
can the queen also build?
>>
>>1836402
hide the entrance better 1 drone
3 drones finish the flood chamber
the queen research digestive efficiency (get more and live longer on less food basically try to get everything we can from the food)
>>
must go dinner see you guys later
>>
>>1836421
I support this.
Also, i can't roll dice because im a mimi posting pleb.
>>
how many rolls do i need to do? also OP you lost your name
>>
>>1836495
can do a roll for each or 1 unified roll
>>1836433
try typing /dice 1d100 into the options field
>>
Rolled 56, 62, 47 = 165 (3d100)

one for the hiding one for the flood chamber and one for the queen or should i just do one dice?
>>
>>1836522
are you going to do it in that order or are you going to choose?
>>
>>1836522
The surface drone stares at the space where the Dryad had leapt away, it quickly focuses back on its task and continues to gather debris and stones to reinforce and hide the entrance to the hive. Below the other drones work tirelessly for hours, digging out a room big enough to fit a fully grown man with comfortable room to stretch.smoothening the edges and secreting resin to stick the earth together they finish the flood chamber below the entrance, crawling back up to attend to their Queen.The Queen meanwhile has been genetically tweaking her brood and attempting to find a better way to feed the hive, her body absorbs nutrients and fats more efficiently allowing her to survive longer off the same amount of food. Above ground the nest hiding has become better although still not amazing, seasoned trackers will have no problem finding it but the average person would struggle to find it and would have to be actively searching for it to find it.

>1 Queen
>4 Drones
>Hive- Poorly Hidden Entrance Tunnel, Tunnel Hall, Flood Chamber
>Known Races- Dryad
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1836540
have 3 drones search for food 1 stays one is one lookout in the hive and to protect the hive the queen research better resin

is the queen the only one that can now live longer on less food?
>>
>>1836553
3 get food 1 stays and queen research better resin stronger and water repellent things like that
>>
>>1836553
Roll a D100 to see the success of foraging, and currently yes only the queen
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>1836560
>>
>>1836558
The Three digging drones spread out of the entrance and shuffle into the undergrowth of the forest, pulling into rotten logs and rustling through thick grown bushes, they slowly one by one disappear into the forest floor in search for food. Meanwhile the Queen sits at the back of the tunnel attempting to unlock more use from her workers, though it may take some time. The Drone guarding her crawls through the dark tunnels and peaks it head through the leafy covering of the Entrance. Its attention quickly drawn to the sound of footsteps, two large humanoid figures step into the clearing several feet away. They are bigger and broader than the ones viewed earlier and have a peachier colour to them. They speak in strange tongues to eachother and carry shining straight sticks.

>1 Queen
>4 Drones
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 1 meat, 5 veg- Total= 9 Food
>Known Races- Dryad
>Queen Status- Healthy
>Research- Queen Digestion
>>
>>1836581
just watch them see how they act

also what time is it in quest?
>>
>>1836594
Sometime early to mid afternoon
>>
Have the guard watch
If the foragers come back and the humanoids are still there, have tjem hide in the trees.
>>
>>1836620
i change my vote to this
>>
should i roll?
>>
>>1836594
>>1836620
The large humanoids talk loudly between themselves, making slow progress through the woods when they suddenly stop, and look upwards shouting, drawing their sharp shiny sticks forward. Turning its head the drone sees three dryads in the branches above, all with crude spears, staring down at the larger cleaner bipeds. The Dryads make a careful and aggressive descent, staying close together as they land on the ground or hang from the base of the trees just above head level. They stand up to the chest of the peach coloured humanoids. The Dryads click and whistle, almost sounding like birds and the wind as the others yell aggressively at them waving their weapons in the air. Behind both parties two drones return, staying hidden in the bushes and observing much like the one protecting the Queen. The ones hiding in the bushes dig their claws into nearby trees, shimmying their bodies up into the branches and slowly crawling above the scene below, the Dryad hanging from the tree still looks up noticing the Drones, its face covered with a wooden mask and its matted hair, it tilts its head as though it recognises you.

>1 Queen
>4 Drones
>Known Races- Dryad
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1836644
Have all our drones help dryads in the fight against the humans. Us creatures of the forest should stick together.

>Be careful to make sure dryads don't see us as a threat to them tho
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>1836662
>>
>>1836662
support
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>1836662
>>
>>1836644
Don't have the drones intervene. We don't have the numbers to support them.

Maybe toss a rock or something, but let that be it.
>>
>>1836644
have the drones throw rocks at the big humanoids if they attack the pale humanoids
>>
>>1836683
>>1836670
One of the Dryads throws a thin flint like projectile, slicing into the arm of one of the men, he roars in anger and launches forward at one the Dryads kicking up leaves as he does so. His companion jumps into action seconds behind him and they begin swinging at the Dryads who leap back screeching, the one in the trees kicks off from the trunk and forces a spear into the shoulder of one of the men causing him to scream in pain, he spins around, catching the Dryad with his fist knocking him down, as he does so the other one forces a spear into his lower back and up through his gut. The man spins around with his sword, almost slicing the Dryad in half as it cleaves into his body. He collapses to his knees in the dirt and crawls towards the downed Dryad, clutching at his wound. A drone drops from the trees and lands on the mans back, shaking his body. He shouts in agony as the Drones claws begin to dig into the cloth and flesh covering him, slicing mandibles begin cutting into his neck as he falls face first into the dirt trying to slap at the bug clinging onto him. Meanwhile the other man has knocked the spear from the final Dryads hands, Your other two drones rush to help, seeing one drop from the tree above he swings his sword spilling your drones guts into the forest floor, during the swing the Dryad sprints forwards and leaps up, its head connecting with the mans jaw as his teeth shatter together, your scuttling ground Drone slices its mandibles into the mans ankles, snapping a tendon causing him to fall to the ground allowing the Dryad to finish him. The two surviving Dryads gather their weapons and leap backwards together keeping their spears aimed at the Drones cautiously as the final forager returns to the scene.

>1 Queen
>3 Drones
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1836721
have the drones back off and watch them curiously
>>
>>1836721
Have two of the drones take one of the humans for us. (food? Genetic research?)

And have our drones push the other one towards the Dryads. Kind of the way cats offer mice to humans.

Retrieve our fallen drone and take him with us too and back away slowly.
>>
>>1836729
i change my vote to this
>>
any ideas to do later?
>>
>>1836721
how many dryads died?
>>
>>1836734
>>1836729
The Drones sink their mandibles into the limbs and torso of one of the dead humans, dragging it towards the Dryads. In return they raise their spears anxiously watching as you drop a corpse mere feet away from them. They stand and stare at it, then stare at their dead brethren and back to you. They carefully approach the dead Dryad and lay a hand on his chest before chirping something, they both then grab an arm and drag his body towards your hive, dropping their dead at your entrance. They point at themselves, then at the dead bodies, then gesture to the trees and forest them, the masked one reaches into some leafy bag pulling out a small purple rounded fruit and lays it next to the body before they both turn to leave the battlefield. Once they are gone the Drones drag the human bodies back to the entrance and begin slicing them up to fit them down the tunnels, while doing this one takes turns going back and forth between the bushes to pick up their foraged foods.

>1 Queen
>3 Drones
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 13 meat, 12 veg, 1 Purple fruit - Total= 41 Food
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
File: Capture.png (586KB, 1523x854px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
586KB, 1523x854px
i got a bit carried away...

anyway, how large should each of those chambers be? i haven't really tought about the scale that much. i think we have only 3 'rooms' now, yes?
>>
>>1836762
I adore this quest so far
>>1836770
That's so sweet

>Have one drone try and hide our entrance tunnel better
>One drone expanding our tunnel (maybe adding another shaft leading lower into the ground?)
>Third drone breeds with queen because we need more drones!
>>
>>1836782
support
>>1836770
i LOVE it i like the texture of the tree also remember that this is a rain-forest so i think the forest floor is covered in dead leaves and fallen branches
>>
>>1836762
Next research needs to be in externally digesting food so we can store it for longer. Meat will go bad damn quick.

Also, we need more drones now.
>>
>>1836782
Roll them D100 boyos
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1836804
agreed if we process it first and store it in resin containers/pots it will have a even less chance to spoil
>>1836811
i roll
>>
>>1836820
fungi and molds can be come a problem quick with the air humidity and frequent rain
>>
By the way guys we should probably try to figure out in what direction do we want to start evolving our bugs

If we figure what's the general thing we want it will be easier to know what to do next
>>
>>1836820
>>1836804
>>1836842
A drone heads down into the tunnel and begins digging down into the earth creating a more complex network with relative ease. Up above the 2nd drone drops the meat down into the tunnel methodicaly before continuing to increase the hidden entrances stealth precautions, propping up sticks and branches against the tree and pulling leaves and thick bushy leaves over it. Eventually the entrace is somewhat shielded from rain by the leafy roof over it and appears to be another bush in the giant woodland. Below the Queen finishes improving the resin created by workers to be thicker and more viscous, allowing it to harden stronger bonds that even small forest animals would struggle to break down without putting in considerable effort, she also stumbles upon a way to create a different caste of bugs. A drone scurrys down into the tunnels to fertilise the Queens eggs to improve the Hive. A couple of hours pass and the Queen has laid 5 eggs, not bad for her first attempt, Using the resin from the workers she sticks the eggs to the tunnel wall and to keep them safe. The suns light begins to dim outside, there is perhaps enough time to complete some tasks before the feast and sleep begin.

>1 Queen
>3 Drones
>4 Drone Eggs
>1 Scout Egg
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 13 meat, 12 veg, 1 Purple fruit - Total= 41 Food
>Hive- Hidden Entrance Tunnel, Tunnel Hall, Flood Chamber
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy
>Research- Queen Digestion, Stronger Resin
>>
>>1836842
i was thinking of having a cast of drones that are like bees making honey and pollinating and flying
but i was thinking we just adapt to our surrounding and the event that happen i like to go with the flow
>>
>>1836904
all reinforce the nest then sleep
>>
Have queen try to look into genetic mutations to make our drones chitins harder

Have drones sleep but at any time one must be awake to guard the eggs.
>>
>>1836904
See if we can begin creating a caste we can call "caretakers". They use their resin to clot wounds and kill bacteria, increasing chances to live after cuts and such.

Otherwise they can just be our little construction workers with a little more skill than the grubs.
>>
>>1836953
i was thinking that they are specialized to use mostly resin with longer legs and lighter and external digestion or nutrient slurry/honey
>>
>>1836965
they are specialized to work in and with trees paper and resin and processing food
>>
>>1836979
>>1836965
then we have paper workers and doctors and food processer they would be a little like a wingless be with long ant like legs and more of a thick lightly shelled body
>>
>>1837034
possibly alot smaller
>>
>>1836904
one guard the rest sleep the one that guarded can sleep in the morning
>>
>>1837101
Ditto
>>
are you writing OP?
>>
File: Capture.png (805KB, 1531x854px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
805KB, 1531x854px
Silence from OP worries me
>>
>>1837248
same and i like the picture
>>
hello anyone?
>>
Well I need to sleep. Op better not be a faggot and abandon this.
>>
>>1837366
agreed and good night
>>
File: tegaki.png (124KB, 4400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
124KB, 4400x1400px
>>1829573
>People actually do this shit
>>
>>1837434
hi?
>>
thanks for running i am going to sleep
>>
Okay. Can i assume most of you guys are just european and went to sleep?

pls no abandon thread
>>
>>1836904
voting this
>>1836922
>>
>>1837248
>>1837366
Hectic family, social and work life has me jumping around a lot! But ill be on and off replying next few days I expect
>>
>>1839608
The Drones begin to use their resin secretions to harden the dirt in the tunnels, creating solidified rings inside for support, making the Next more structurally stable and reinforcing the entrance to stop intruders causing a cave in. By time they are finished the sun has started to set and the sky darken. A drone pokes his head out of the entrance to your nest, hidden by leaves and foliage surrounding him he keeps guard while the others eat, waiting his turn. One by one the Drones eat their fill and take turns on guard duty while they Queen protects and sleeps with her clutch of eggs.

Dawn breaks and the egg clutch hatches, large worm like Grub spill into the nest and the Queen rouses from her sleep to inspect her brood. The Drones begin to take care of them, cleaning them of any dirt of mucus before rallying to work on bettering the species. Above the hive a faint scratching noise can be heard near the entrance, a drone scurries to the front to investigate, a large forest cats paw can be seen scratching and sniffing around the entrance, it stands around the same size as the queen, slightly larger than a Drone, if it felt brave enough it would be capable of entering the lair.

>1 Queen
>3 Drones
>4 Drone Grub
>1 Scout Grub
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 11 meat, 11 veg, 1 Purple fruit - Total= 36 Food
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy

Remember roll a D100 for actions, any and all actions can catastrophically fail or have a resounding success
>>
>>1839620
Responses will be slow but if I go silent do not worry I will return!
>>
File: untitled.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>1839620
Let the cat be unless it disturbs the camouflage too much. If it's stupid enough to come in that means more food.

We should make another entrance to tunnel network somewhere further away, at some point when we have enough population to keep it monitored.
>>
>>1839620
Send all three to kill the cat if possible. Otherwise just throw enough rocks to scare it off.

Alright guys, we need to come to a decision.

Do we need to try to make a warrior caste to ward off the fighting and hunting that goes on around us, or do we need to focus on our food efficiency and make a food-storing caste?
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>1839687
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>1839687
I say warriors
>>
>>1839687
i think food storing its better to get the most out of food and i wonder if there is a winter in the forest so that we need to hide for months or hibernate and if we can i want a drone that can shot a poisonous barbs one shot and one liquefied inside of a animal

also we should reinforce the entrance

and what happened to the dead dryads?
>>
>>1839730
we chopped up the dead bodies and stored them as food.

2 men and 1 dryad of bodies
>>
>>1839690
The cat sniffs at the entrance some more, poking its head down and clawing at the resin entrance to little effort but some annoying scratching sounds. A couple of Drones push their way up into the entrance, raising their forelimbs defensively, the cat hisses and arches its back, ears tilted back, its clawed paw swiping at the entrance. A plucky drone bites out at the cats claw as it swipes down, clamping down on its furry paw, the cat begins to screech and his, kicking at clawing at the drones face, lacerating its flesh though missing any vital organs. The 2nd Drone pushes forward pinning the cat to the floor as it claws at their underbellys desperately, the Drones mandibles begin slicing into the cats flesh stopping and killing it with relative ease. They proceed to slice up the body and move its contents into the cave, licking their minor flesh wounds.

>1 Queen
>3 Drones
>4 Drone Grub
>1 Scout Grub
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 13 meat, 11 veg, 1 Purple fruit - Total= 40 Food
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1839749
make the entrance hall wider and longer also dont forget the support pillars 2 drones build and 1 reinforce what they build and queen take care of the grubs
>>
>>1839753
the pillars can also work like shelves with our resin like having our grubs there and storing food in resin jars/containers/spheres/hexagons
>>
how do we make royal jelly?
>>
>>1839749
>>1839753
This, but have one of the drones begin carving out a dedicated food storage room, branching off from the queen's nest.
>>
>>1839783
i say we first expand the hall build/dig-out supports and we have one reinforce what they build and i wonder if we can store food in resin containers then we can glue them to the pillars like bees the pillars can be used like food storage and nursery
>>
>>1839788
and if we research anti-bacterial saliva,stomach juice and outside digestion we can liquefy our food and because of the anti-bacterial properties the food will never spoil and because its liquid we would easily contain it in resin/wax containers and if we make it tasty we could trade with it
>>
>>1839792
i was thinking we make dedicated drones for foraging and processing food like bees but they eat anything wings long strong legs and a tail with a stinger filled with toxic/poison/digestive juices to liquefy the insides and destroy nerves paralysis things like that and a strong mouth made for biting and using resin and paper with a light body with hollow bones and medium/light carapace for animal just swoop in with a scorpion like tail to incapacitate it and kill it and it can pluck fruits and nuts from tress i was thinking they have a expanded stomach to store it in and it can chew up leaves/bark/berry's anything and it could use its wings to dry resin/wax/paper faster
>>
File: untitled.png (1012KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
1012KB, 1920x1080px
I return.

>>1839801
Here, use these.
>,
>.

And can i get a summary of the hive layout/planned features.
>>
>>1839819
welcome back!
use what?
and your picture is kind of accurate but i have planned to expand the hall make it wider and longer and i plan to put support pillars in the hall for supporting the ground above and we can use the pillar for storage and nursery we glue resin containers to the pillars for food and grubs/eggs think of it like the hexagons in a bee hive
but i dont know really yet
>>
File: 1455515921240.png (430KB, 9999x9999px) Image search: [Google]
1455515921240.png
430KB, 9999x9999px
>>1839829
Punctuation.

when you write like this it is sometimes really hard to read and also very annoying do you understand what i mean now ok i see if i can come up with something
>>
>>1839832
Ok sorry. Its just that i write when inspiration hits. I get excited and post. And i am not that used with using punctuation. Sorry
>>
>>1839753
This
>>
>>1839930
>>1839836
>>1839832
Two Drones begin to widen the tunnel inside, using resin to reinforce the walls and create solid ceramic-like pillars to support the earth above their heads in their dark home. The Queen stays aside and watches over the grub while her children work tirelessly on the home, the final drone meanwhile checks the others work, patching up any parts they have missed and testing it for weakness. A couple of morning hours pass and the tunnel is wider than previously, making it more spacious for the newcomers. As the drones finish a soft rustle above disturbs the silence, someone or something is near the entrance tunnel, a thudding sound resounds through the tunnel as another rounded purple fruit rolls down the tunnel and almost falls into the flood chamber, the rustling above stops after this and the hive falls silent.

>1 Queen
>3 Drones
>4 Drone Grub
>1 Scout Grub
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 13 meat, 11 veg, 1 Purple fruit - Total= 40 Food
>Hive- Hidden Entrance Tunnel, Medium Tunnel Hall, Flood Chamber
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy

Remember roll a D100 for actions, any and all actions can catastrophically fail or have a resounding success
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>1840009
Send a drone to find out what that was.
If we have any unfinished research, continue.

If we're gonna be friendly with the Dryads, it may also be to our advantage to work out a vocalization method they'd understand at some point.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>1840026
support
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>1840009
>>1840026
If it's the dryads, we could give them some royal jelly as a gift.

Also, we need to know how to make royal jelly.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>1840026
>>1840029
supporting
Lol I like how much we are thinking along similar lines. Makes the quest much faster since host doesn't have to settle a bunch of arguments.
>>
>>1840033
agreed and we can make resin jars for them and they give us food and we really need to know how to make the jelly
>>
>>1839819
Are you using blender for those pics?
>>
>>1840026
No research as of yet as far as im aware
>>
>>1840034
its actually weird that we never really argue and just discuss things civilly
>>
>>1840041
tell me about it. This is my first quest on qst. I quit for a while when we were still arguing about being moved from tg. If you had the experience of tg wew lad angry neckbeards in every quest that would throw hissy fits if they got outvoted.
>>
>>1840040
how do we make jelly and i want to research outside digestion and anti-bacterial
>>1840042
i never did quests on tg because of all the salty neck beards and because 4-chan was impossible for me to navigate
>>
>>1840047
anti-bacterial saliva,stomach juice. saliva perfect for cleaning wounds the juice is for storing and not having puke/honey/processed-nutrient-liquid never spoil
>>
>>1840047
>>1840042
>>1840039
A drone scuttles up to the surfaceto search for the intruder, crouched in a tree in the distance is a Dryad carrying another purple fruit, it watches the drone blankly from its perch, clutching its food. Back within the Hive the drones have taken the fruit to store with the rest of the food, the Queen meanwhile looks into how to store food for longer periods without it spoiling. Above the pitter patter of rain on leaves start as the Dryad continues to watch the drone at the entrance

>1 Queen
>3 Drones
>4 Drone Grub
>1 Scout Grub
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 13 meat, 11 veg, 2 Purple fruit - Total= 41 Food
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy

>>
>>1840066
go up and give the dryad a vegetable that is tasty as a gift
>>
>>1840067
Why not a purple fruit? seems more fitting
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>1840073
>Purple frui
>>1840067
nm I remember where it came from now
supporting veg giving but make it two so we are even with the fruit
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>1840076
2 veg i agree with
>>
>>1840073
its rude to give there gift back like you give me a fruit juicer on my birth day then i give it back on your birth day without even opening it
>>1840076
agreed 2 veg
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1840067
>>1840076
>>
>>1840082
fucking nice
>>
>>1840082
we are going to be super adorable
>>
File: Capture.png (135KB, 1398x772px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
135KB, 1398x772px
>>1840082
Diplomacy is a go.

Point out any missing parts from hive layout, i keep dropping in and out so it's easy to miss something.
>>
>>1840301
i think that is accurate but i dont know if there are any pillars in the entrance
>>
OP are you here?
>>
goodnight guys dont fuck anything up and dont get raped by rpg Jesus
>>
>>1840345
op ded
>>
Can we research how to cultivate editable fungus?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77gOklqgiYQ
>>
>>1840774
>>1841276
>>1840363
>>1840301
The Drone turns around in the soft dirt, disappearing briefly into the bushy entrance of the lair, returning moments later clasping 2 large vegetables in its mandibles, it shuffles forwards until it is under the Dryad in the tree, staring up at its soft pallid form. The Drone drops the vegetables on the floor and backs up, showing the Dryad it means no harm, the creature drops down, picking one up and taking a small bite, it rolls the other vegetable back to the Drone, turning around it points at itself and clicks then points North through the trees, it turns back to face South and points that way pointing at its spear and whistling, the creature turns north again carrying the vegetable before taking off in that direction. The surface Drone watches it leap from branch to branch as the rain splashes gently off its Chitin shell. Back in the Hive the Queen continues to research how to coat the food in mucus to stop it spoiling, while watching the Grubs wriggle around the dirt floor.

>1 Queen
>3 Drones
>4 Drone Grub
>1 Scout Grub
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 13 meat, 9 veg, 2 Purple fruit - Total= 39 Food
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1841632
Have the Queen continue as she is; 2 Drones collect rocks and stockpile them just inside the hive; 1 keeps watch.

Also, what's the ETA on grubs growing up and how do we make more royal jelly? Or is the jelly just made at the queen's hatching for a kickstart in food supply?
>>
>>1841632
So dryads in the north and Men(or something else) in the south.

>>1841638
Agreed on the queen. what are the stones for? I'd feel better if we had some warriors capable of keeping the hive safe..
>>
File: 1426475971396.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1426475971396.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>
>>1841638
Can be created later on, currently don't have the means
>>
>>1841638
>1841638
Grubs will currently take a full day to mature
>>
>>1841640
>>1841638
>>1841641
The Queen spends the remainder of her time researching until she finds a way to chemically alter the Drones resin spit, allowing them to either use it for construction or a clear coating to protect food from bacteria and decay briefly, this will surely make food storage last longer. The Grubs are quickly maturing with the Scout Grub starting to form a different shape to its Drone brothers. The three Drones spend the next couple of hours gathering foliage and Debris and stockpiling it in and around the hive, the rain at this point has picked up and a steady trickle of water leaks into the hive and falls into the flood chamber. The sun hangs low and the Drones take shelter temporarily from the rain outside standing just behind the hole to the flood chamber.

>1 Queen
>3 Drones
>4 Drone Grub
>1 Scout Grub
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 13 meat, 10 veg, 2 Purple fruit - Total= 40 Food
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy

>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>1841652
While the queen continues on, the two free drones begin carving out a food den.

rolling for the quality of the den.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>1841663
Seconding.
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>1841680
You fool.
>>
>>1841663
>>1841681
Two 34s. that counts as something, right? ...right?
>>
>>1841680
WELP, I'm not rolling again today.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1841652
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>1841663
this
>>
Rolled 23, 71 = 94 (2d100)

>>1841663
This, and also we should send our scout to explore the south, maybe we can find the place were our allies live.
First dice is for the den and second for the exploring.
>>
>>1841959
not bad
i really want to see the other civ. and we can still be friendly to man because there was no man alive to tell tails of what happened.
and i agree we really need to explore we are really isolated currently
>>
>>1842000
In another scenario i would probably say we should make ammends with men since the dryads actually shot first that one time, but since we're some alien bug thing i don't think it would be in character haha.
>>
>>1842020
we dont gain much from being openly hostile to the humans and they know nothing about us because the men that we saw did not survive so they are still neutral to us
and what do you mean with not in character?
>>
>>1842095
We're just not the loveable fuzzy kind of race that humans like to interact with, usually. It's likely to best treat man with caution at least.
>>
>>1842103
that i can understand humans are super racist especially to non humanoid and humanoids that they think are "savage" or is unattractive to them or is not like them so basically all living beings with intelligence its even worse when they are religious
>>
>>1842138
>>1842095
>>1839832
>>
>>1842138
Yup, basically that. And you know, sentient hive mind insects are usually the bad guys in games and movies like Starcraft, Warhammer 40k, Starship troopers, etc.
You are right, though, we should at least stay neutral to them.
>>
>>1842138
>>1842095
Do you just practice using stream of conscience or something?
>>
>>1842215
what do you mean?
>>
goodnight
>>
>>1842219
its sometimes weird like those time where i argue with my self
>>
>>1842138
>>1842095
i started to think human are always more accepting of animals then other races humans often trust there pets and form emotional attachments to them because they are so truly lonely deep inside they often trust the more then people because pet does not judge you it loves you just for being there and feeding it we can infiltrate there civilization by acting as pets and animals
>>
>>1842219
I think he's referring to the fact that this thread is 90% posts by you. Maybe try waiting till you have a lot to say before posting.
>>
>>1842737
ok
>>
its funny that it gets quiet when i stop commenting
>>
>>1847430
Just waiting for OP to revive himself. We can bump just every few days if he's gone and actually knocked himself out or something.

He did say if he goes silent he'd return. So, fingers crossed.
>>
File: 1356187681863.png (883KB, 848x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1356187681863.png
883KB, 848x1000px
Once OP returns, I think we should research a builder/brute caste for heavy lifting. Or perhaps something to act as an avatar for meeting with other races?
>>
>>1847444
Trips confirm. We make a heavy-lifter class of our species.

I suggest it has scoop-shaped limbs made of denser chitin to act as both a shield and a shovel. With a larger size, i think we'll be getting less of these kind per laying-session than we do with the grubs.
>>
>>1847458
than we do with the drones*
>>
>>1847458
Since they'd use more calories than regular drones, having fewer of them would be a good idea.
>>
>>1847466
Agreed
>>
So Op when are you going to come back?
>>
>>1857430
Idk man. Makes my worried.

If you guys don't mind, I kinda want to jump in and just continue on where he left off. Would you guys be cool with it if i pick up the quest until OP gets back or something?

I just really like the quest. Seems too early to just die like this.
>>
>>1857438
I'd be fine with that. I want to hear some opinions form the others, tho.
>>
>>1858506
>>1857438
>>1847463
>>1842253
>>1842020
Sorry i’ve been super busy with some family/ work issues! I will try to slowly pick this back up!

The sun begins to set as the Drones attempt to carve out a new room for food storage, however the soft damp earth and clumsy tunneling cause a small cave in wasting the last few hours of the day. With some sticks and foliage stockpiled and the Queen finally figures out how to alter the resin spit on drones to create a biodegradable gel that kills bacteria. This will aid in healing and food protection to some minor extent. The hive returns to the lair and gorges on the food for their early start tomorrow. The sun rises on the new day and the grubs have fully matured, adding more drones to the workforce, the scout bug has also fully grown, it stands around the same size as a cat, although its body is lithe and thin and supports itself high off the ground on many spindly legs, allowing it much faster movement.

>1 Queen
>7 Drones
>1 Scout
>Food- 1 Royal Jelly, 12 meat, 2 veg, 2 Purple fruit - Total= 30 Food
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy
>Research- Queen Digestion, Stronger Resin, Anti Bacterial gel

>>
Rolled 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 = 25 (25d1)

>>1859782
Great! I'll roll for having our scout travel south, to see where the Dryads live.
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>1859801
What the fuck did i just do.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

Glad to see you're alive OP.

>>1859782
If the scout has good nightvision, let him eat a bit then send him to search for the dryads' home.

Otherwise just have a drone guard the entrance for the night.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>1859848
support
>>1859782
glad that you are alive
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>1859782
Sweet! I vote we research a Brute caste for combat/heavy work as I mentioned earlier.
>>1847444
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>1859882
This is a good idea.
>>
>>1859801
This is perfect
>>
>>1859888
???????????????????????????
>>
>>1859888
25 dices that can only roll 1
>>
>>1859888
Why thanks, OP.
I'm quite proud of that! Does it count as a critical succ?
Nice trips by the way.
>>
>>1859886
>>1859882
>>1859863
>>1859848
The Drones stir from their short slumber, the wet earth has dried outside as the rain stopped overnight, they continue work on their food den, digging and carefully shovelling earth. The scout bug skitters out of the entrance, twisting its sharp mandibled head around, taking in its surroundings, it feels the hive compelling it to travel south and quickly darts across the mossy leaf covered ground. The Queen settles downs and begins attempting to unlock more Caste for their bug society, she watches over the remaining food, secreting the anti bacterial gel over it to preserve it for a while longer while the Drones dig out a suitable holding for it.

After several minutes of speedy darting through the trees the Scout bug finds itself deeper in the giant forest, rays of light become dim and greened by the giant leaves overhead, the ground more entangled and marsh like. Eventually a semi open swampy clearing becomes visible, inside it is many small leafy and wooden huts, some strung up around the trees, interconnected by wooden bridges and rope. Several Dryads can be seen eating in the centre and many more are likely hiding in the tree tops. The scout takes the area in before noticing what it assumed was a tree move. The giant creature, as tall as a regular tree, standing at least twice the height of man, move slowly forward into the marsh, its covered in bark and moss and overgrowth and the dryads seem to watch it without being disturbed.

>1 Queen
>7 Drones
>1 Scout
>Hive- Hidden Entrance Tunnel, Medium Tunnel Hall, Flood Chamber, partially complete Food Den
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy

>>
>>1859894
go up to the the giant creature carefully approach it and investigate no biting
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>1859894
roll is for both
>>1859929
research food processing liquidation with anti-bacterial property
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>1859894
The dryads haven't noticed our scout, right?
Maybe he should look for fruit or something on the floor to bring as an offering. Give it to the big guy.
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>1859894
watch the creature.

If the dryads aren't hostile to it, then it's not a threat to them in some way. We shouldn't anger it. Also, do the fruit like >>1859948 said.
>>
>>1859948
i support the fruit idea
>>
>>1859965
>>1859948
>>1859931
The drones in the hive finish digging out the food den, they begin secreting resin to solidify the walls and stop other burrowing creatures entering the den. The Queen stands over the food while working on complex gene samples to create some warrior caste of bug.

Back at the Dryad village, the giant tree like creature reaches down, bathing its arms in the water, the Dryads continue to eat and lounge in the trees, sharpening sticks, seemingly undisturbed by the giant. The scout grabs a shrivelled piece of fruit from the floor and skitters forward, one Dryad leaps forward in shock as the scout scuttles into view, grabbing a spear defensively. A certain wooden masked one leaps down from the trees to reassure him. The scout drops the fruit at the water, the giant creature raises its head and twists its view, the cracking and creaking of wood can be heard as it watches the bug. It stands up moving forward, water flowing around its legs as it steps forward to see the scout. It leans in slightly allowing the scout a proper view, the creature appears to be living, like the Dryads, but somehow much much larger and more overgrown. It picks up the fruit and hands it to a nearby Dryad, inquisitively watching the bug.

>1 Queen
>7 Drones
>1 Scout
>Hive- Hidden Entrance Tunnel, Medium Tunnel Hall, Flood Chamber, partially complete Food Den
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1860147
have the drone approach carefully and curiously if not dangerous be friendly
>>
>>1860147
Gesture at the masked dryad.
>>
>>1860178
why?
>>
>>1860181
To show the tree guy that the masked man is our friend. The masked dryad is probably some sort of leader, he's the only one wearing a mask.
>>
>>1860178
>>1860163
do these
>>1860199
that is some really good reasons and the masked one is probably going to see how the scout looks similar to our drones
>>
>>1860163
>>1860178
The giant overgrown Dryad stands in the shallows staring as the scout bug crawls over to the masked Dryad, the masked one kneels and pets it head cautiously, remembering the others from his previous encounter. The other Dryads relax slightly, the masked one stands upright and clicks and whistles at his comrades, the giant one simply continues to wander aimlessly through the waters and foliage. Other Dryads slowly approach carefully and watch the scout bug as it turns staring at the small creatures. The masked Dryad points back towards where your hive is and gestures to the others.

Back at the hive the Food den is complete enough for the drones to move food into, freeing up the Queen more and allowing them to store it somewhere it can be more easily preserved.

>1 Queen
>7 Drones
>1 Scout
>Hive- Hidden Entrance Tunnel, Medium Tunnel Hall, Flood Chamber, Food Den
>Known Races- Dryad, Man
>Queen Status- Healthy
>>
>>1860247
We should try to make a new caste of bugs or mutate all of our species so that they can reproduce the whistling and clicking sounds the dryads make, that way we can communicate better.
But that's later, for now let's continue with the warrior caste.
>>
>>1860269
support
and any ideas we should do with the scout?
>>
>>1860277
I see only three things he could do: Going back to base and await further instructions, travelling north, where the men apparently are, or staying in the dryad's base and seeing what how they behave, maybe try and learn their language even if they can't reproduce it, etc.
I don't think we should go north, not yet. Maybe the men will be hostile to us, or maybe the dryads will start being hostile to us if they find out we interacted with the men. I say we let him stay where he is and he just observs our allies.
>>
>>1860247
>>1860269
Continue on the warrior class, as i described in >>1847458

I think the dryads think the scout it lost. maybe just lead them back to the hive and pick them some fruit on the way as a courtesy.
>>
>>1860294
Ohh, i hadn't noticed that. Good idea.
>>
>>1860294
support
>>
>>1847458
can protect and can act like a heavy drone
>>
good night
>>
>>1859782
On problem its just that it would be nice if you say that you have to do something or cant run for a few days or wecks before you leave atleast say something everytime a Qm go quite i start to This that the could have died
>>
>>1862030
Sorry auto-correct
>>
So OP, if this thread goes under, should we expect you to make a new one sometime later?
>>
>>1862146
This is one of the most important question
This is also a bump
>>
>>1865201
There is no bump.

Threads are autosaged after 72 hours.
>>
>>1865602
I Know This have been alive for more then 72 hours? Is autosage autosave
?
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.