[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And Suddenly... Superpowers! #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: mintberry crunch.png (500KB, 460x450px) Image search: [Google]
mintberry crunch.png
500KB, 460x450px
You've been diagnosed with a terminal illness so rare that apparently hardly anyone had heard of it. It was something like, "Notarael Disesitus", and apparently the early symptoms were so hard to notice, it's hard to say that there aren't actually more people out there with it who were simply unaware. You've always been somewhat paranoid as a person, so despite lacking sufficient funds(you're pretty much a NEET living in a tiny apartment, only paying with money you bummed from your parents), you decided against better judgement to go to some sort of professional for it. Luckily, the same doctor who diagnosed you, while not capable of treating it, apparently knew a guy who was great with treating other obscure illnesses and was inexpensive compared to your other options. The hushed way he was speaking about it to you suggested that it was less than legal, but what options did you have, in case this illness might kill you in the future?

In hindsight, perhaps you weren't the brightest. In fact, pretty stupid. But you only realized that once you were sitting out in the lobby of the clinic, staring blankly at the surprisingly small amount of paperwork, and since you'd already taken the trouble to make an appointment and actually get here, you may as well stay, despite your gut telling you otherwise.

Looking more closely at the pages in your hands, the questions were quite odd. Some of them didn't even pertain to medical or legal information at all, and the legal section was barely even there. Just some fine print, "By signing your full name in the space below, you agree to..." And that's where your brain stopped processing.

You reluctantly signed your name. Most likely just like any other terms of service or whatever like when you updated to the new version of IOS or when you signed up for a new website. You fill out the questions that require the least thought next.

They varied from things like "Do you have any previous medical history or any diseases we should know?" to "Do you live on your own?" and "Do you have a job or go out with friends frequently?" Even /you/ of all people could pick up that it was at least a little sketchy, but you persevered.

However, there was one question that caught your eye. It was almost like a survey question. To be honest, it was completely out of place.

"If you had a superpower, what would it be?"

Eager to answer the odd question considering it was most likely the most exciting thing about the paper, you look underneath, where the answers were.

Your choices consist of:

>>Mutation with an animal
>>Telekenesis and other mind powers
>>Superintelligence and hacking skills
>>The ability to sink into the shadows to move quicker and with more stealth
>>Necromancing and ghost stuff
>>Dimension traveling and teleportation
>>Write in
>>
>>1812761
>Animancy
Because you always wanted to be a god.
>>
>>1812761
The power to influence the world by convincing it that it's wrong. (Eg. Telling gravity that it's opposite day to be able to fly. Telling guns they shouldn't be able to fire because it's illegal)
>>
>>1812761
>>>Dimension traveling and teleportation
Fuck yeah, alternate universe hopping
>>
>>1812761
>Write in
Turn your body into metal then manipulate the shape of it
>>
>>1812761
>power mimicry and scanning
You can scan and replicate any ability wether it is biological, mechanical or magical
>>
>>1812761

> (Write-in) Spacial Manipulation
>>
>>1812761

OP? Are you still there?

Are you going to roll for it, or wait for the tie to be broken?
>>
>>1812794
>>1812797
>>1812800
>>1812806
>>1812822

You're apparently a somewhat indecisive person. You thought of a few different powers, first thinking from the ones listed, then of being able to turn into metal and manipulate your shape, then you thought of the loophole of being able to scan and copy any ability, and then you realized something. Perhaps you're somewhat clever for this. If you could find a really big loophole, you could get practically any power you wanted. Why stop at one when you could have any of them? Yes, this sounded like a good idea to you. You decide to write, "The ability to control the laws of the universe, not unlike a god." Something like that would probably come with some sort of a catch, i.e. bending the rules to an almost irreparable extent, but this was purely hypothetical, right? Go big or go home, as they say.

Anyway, absentmindedly filling out the rest of the questions, you finish the rest. Waiting a bit, you gave the place a good look. For clinic standards, it looked pretty scummy. It also looked to be pretty empty, you and that guy up front seemed to be the only ones in the room. You get what you pay for, you guessed. You sighed and got up to hand the papers to the somewhat rough-looking guy at the front, who only grunted and glanced them over in response.

A man somewhat hurriedly came from the door on the left side of the room, the only one aside from the entrance and the one to behind the counter (were there no bathrooms?) It was a man who looked to be about in his late 30s, as his black hair was starting to recede and there were some gray hairs that had sprouted some couple of years ago. He wore a plain white mask, and an odd light-green labcoat sort of thing. He seemed excited about something and was only in the middle of pulling on his second glove when he came out to greet you.

"Hello there! A pleasure to meet you, you must be... Ah, forgive me, I must've forgotten your name in all my excitement to meet you! Well, I suppose I'll introduce myself first, then. My name is Shay Medico. I apologize again, but may I inquire about your name?"

>>"Sure, my name is Anansi."
>>"Should I really trust you with my name?"
>>"Seriously? Aren't you supposed to remember your patient's names? Especially if you get as much business at it looks... That is to say, none."
>>Lie about your name for shits and grins
>>Don't say anything
>>
>>1812867

>"Sure, my name is Anansi."
>>
>>1812867
>>>"Sure, my name is Anansi."
>>
>>1812876

"Sure, my name is Anansi."

Medico gives you a big smile full of white teeth and moves quickly to shake your hand.

"Ah, yes, I remember now! Anansi! Yes, nice to meet you. Now, if you'll follow me, I'll take you to one of the rooms where I'll perform a check-up, and then we can discuss what will happen afterwards."

After he stopped shaking your hand, he swiftly turned on his heel and faced towards the guy you handed the papers to earlier.

"Bruno, the paperwork?"

Bruno made a noise of affirmation, nodding and handing it to him.

"Here."

"Ah, yes, thank you! Now, Anansi, if you would kindly follow me! Please don't stray from behind me, as the hallways are complex and you may get lost."

He smiled, but this one was a bit forced. It almost seemed like a silent threat, but he seemed nice enough otherwise, so perhaps he was just strict in some areas. Nonetheless, you decided to respect it the best you could unless needed.

Immediately upon entering the hallway, you noticed it was much more busy in here than it had been outside or in the lobby. People who you could only assume were nurses moved about in the corridors, hustling and bustling syringes and scalpels, and... test tubes? Along with who knows what else. Some were carrying clipboards or notes, and almost all of them were dressed like scientists, rather than a typical nurse. Odd, but you supposed perhaps it's just what they had, and it was sanitary enough equipment.

Bringing you down the hallway to the left, he came to a stop at the door at the end and to the right. Fumbling for keys, he eventually took them out and unlocked the door.

Inside the room, there was what looked to be an operating table, tools, more test tubes, standard medical equipment (along with some that looked improvised), and a desk with a journal and a laptop atop it, with one of those comfier office swivel chairs.

There was a moment of silence as he appeared to sit down and look through the papers you filled out earlier. He cracked a grin. "A loophole, huh? Funnily enough, that's only the second time I've seen someone use a loophole. The other guy said he wanted the power to wish for anything he wanted so that it would come true."

He looked over the rest and quickly sat the papers down, grabbing the standard tools for a check up and going through the motions, making "hm" sounds occasionally whenever he looked at a result.

He frowned once he was done, jotting something down.

"It looks like you carry the gene for the disease. So if you ever have kids, maybe remember that. Uh, also, it seems.. It seems to have progressed quite a bit, if you want me to be honest. We might have to find a way to neutralize it before it becomes potentially lethal."

"What? No way, give me proof! I feel fine!"
>>
>>1812937

He looked somber.

"It's like cancer. It's in your cells. The only thing is, this one is less detectable, to the person who has it and to doctors. However, I've been working on a vaccine for it that I think may be able to get rid of or at least minimize it."

He pulled out a syringe full of a clearish green fluid, the light catching the needle just right so that it glinted off of the tip.

"I'll just have to inject this into your spine, and it'll pretty much get the work done from there."

It didn't seem like a good idea to try out a probably faulty test vaccination, but paranoia of inevitably dying got the best of you.

And so, you let him inject you with the strange substance. You had braced yourself, but it didn't really hurt. Actually, the only thing you felt was a cold chill coming from your spine and spreading through your whole body, which pretty much immobilized you. Following that was a fever-like warmth and sudden dizzy drowziness. Your vision faded to black.

------------------------------------------------------------

When you awoke, you were presumably atop the operating table, lying on your back. You felt nauseous, but not weak. You actually felt pretty awake and alert. However, it seemed you couldn't move! Straps for keeping patients from moving around during operations were over your wrists, arms and legs. They were really uncomfortable, and you couldn't even sit up. If only you were able to break them, but the way they were made made them near to unbreakable from where you were. For some reason, you imagined being able to just try to sit up and break them with ease. Trying to sit up once more, they really did break! Amazed by this accomplishment, you imagined the same thing with your legs to find out that it also worked.

You were stunned but somewhat to incredibly confused. How did this happen? Where was that shady doctor? What was in that syringe?

From here you pretty much had 3 options. You could

>>Go into the hallway and try to confront the doctor
>>Sit and stay where you are to wait for him
>>Break out of the room with the plan of busting through the wall
>>Break out of the room with the plan of attempting teleportation as an experiment of your abilities
>>
>>1812949

>Break out of the room with the plan of attempting teleportation as an experiment of your abilities
>>
>>1812949
>>Break out of the room with the plan of attempting to break the door down by shifting into a metal form
>>
>>1812949
>>Go into the hallway and try to confront the doctor
>>
File: 1501119461456.jpg (42KB, 520x329px) Image search: [Google]
1501119461456.jpg
42KB, 520x329px
>>1812949
>Break out of the room with the plan of attempting to break the door down by shifting into a metal form
full body transformation and idea use metal claw to rip out handle and lock with part of the door if wood if metal door break hinges and push door out
>>
>>1813157
Or turn hand into a sledge hammer, or just punch the door down (if we can go metal form)
>>
>>1813186
ok good idea but i cant decide what one is cooler?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.