[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuka~Quest #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: NUKA TITLE CARD.png (231KB, 550x416px) Image search: [Google]
NUKA TITLE CARD.png
231KB, 550x416px
You force this raider, “Colter,” to his knees with a bellowing roar and a stiff whack that breaks your last weapon, a nail-spiked concrete hammer, over the back of his armored head. He holds his position, dazed for a moment before you take advantage of his disorientation and rip his rifle from his grip. With nothing left but rusted, poorly maintained metal between you and his squishy organs, Colter scrambles away from you until his armored back hits a bumper car. You bring the gun to your eye and center his head in the sights.

A constant, thunderous pounding of noise barks from the rifle as you empty the rest of the clip into Colter. His torso is untouched but from the neck up… Well, you had seen more attractive mirelurks. There’s something viscerally satisfying about this kill, something that will make it stand out among all the others in your memory. Maybe you’re just enjoying a rush of good old-fashion revenge.

You had been following whispers from Boston about “Nuka-World,” an old theme park owned by the soda company, Nuka-Cola, and how a large crew of raiders had been setting up for something big. You planned on joining this crew, reasonably assuming that anyone who could take over something that big would be the great backup in the Wasteland. While you had expected something unusual, what you got was incredible. “The Gauntlet,” a sadistic maze of torture devices, lethal traps, monsters, and one-sided fights that far outstrip even the most effective and ostentatious defenses you had ever seen raiders cobble together.

(CONTINUED)
>>
>>1810098
Unfortunately, you were forced to run through the traps, and the death run was capped off by what was supposed to be an impossible fight. Thanks to some friendly advice, and someone tipping the scales in your favor, you’re standing tall and proud over some poor bastard who would have lived to see tomorrow had he simply not fucked with you.

>A) Who would've thought a normal man could do so well for himself out here?
((Human, adds [Trait: The Trooper. You're lucky all those bumps to the head made you so tough! +2 END, -1 INT, -1 PER]))

>B) A Ghoul like you isn't too used to getting ahead in life. Maybe this is a good sign.
((Ghoul, adds [Trait: For Whom the Bell Tolls. You may look like a corpse, but it makes surviving in a radioactive wasteland a breeze. Immune: Radiation, Feral Ghouls are Non-Hostile, -2 CHR, -1 LCK]))

>C) Being the only Super Mutant in the Commonwealth (at least, as far as you know) with your mental facilities in order means you face scorn from both humans and your “brothers.” This isn’t the first presumptuous asshole you’ve put in the ground, and he won’t be the last.
((Super Mutant, adds [Trait: Wild Thing. Becoming a monster in a monstrous world may be the only way to survive. +2 STR, +1 END, Immune: Radiation, Super Mutants are Non-Hostile, -3 CHR, Blood Rage: Moments of High Stress may result in a loss of control.]))

>D) Ever since you left the Institute, you've been afraid. With a gun in your hand, and this latest battle overcome… For some reason, you don’t feel afraid anymore.
((Gen 3 Synth, adds [Trait: Iron Man. The over world isn’t a friendly place for a synth like you, but your kind does have its perks. Immune: Radiation, +2 INT, +2 PER, -2 LCK, Hunted by the Institute]))
>>
>>1810101
>>C) Being the only Super Mutant in the Commonwealth (at least, as far as you know) with your mental facilities in order means you face scorn from both humans and your “brothers.” This isn’t the first presumptuous asshole you’ve put in the ground, and he won’t be the last.
>>
>>1810101
>A
>>
>A) Who would've thought a normal man could do so well for himself out here?
((Human, adds [Trait: The Trooper. You're lucky all those bumps to the head made you so tough! +2 END, -1 INT, -1 PER]))
>>
>C) Being the only Super Mutant in the Commonwealth (at least, as far as you know) with your mental facilities in order means you face scorn from both humans and your “brothers.” This isn’t the first presumptuous asshole you’ve put in the ground, and he won’t be the last.
>>
>>1810109
>>1810110
>>1810127
>>1810168
We gotta tie, so I'll let the voting period drag a little bit. If we're still tied, I'll roll for it.
>>
>>1810176

>C
>>
>>1810176
>A
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Alright, in that case:
1: Human
2: Super Mutant
>>
>>1810244
Human it is, writing!
>>
With that set up, anyone who wants to keep track of your guy can go to:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13_HbwCGaFeSWQ43SvEcpfnSGVDqsP47bzVmgXwM5aNo/edit?usp=sharing
For a summary of what our main man can do.
>>
Shit, forgot to link the discord.
https://discord.gg/BR2F5Qk
>>
>>1810101
You stow the rifle in the back holster that once held a double barrel shotgun. You ran out of ammo for it somewhere around the mirelurks and then broke the butt over a robot. Damn shame, you liked that gun. There isn’t time to worry about that now, however, what with the procession of raiders here to watch you die gasping in shock at your victory. The announcer who had been mocking you throughout the maze is whipping everyone into a frenzy with questions shouted into his microphone.

“Holy HELL! Are you all seeing this?! This, this can’t be real! Colter’s dead! The god damn OVERBOSS is dead!” His excited yelping is drowned out by the rising din of the raiders. You can hear sounds of anger, joy, and mostly confused yelling mixing together. You aren’t sure if you’re about to be dragged to a ditch and shot or paraded through the streets. The shouts are silenced by one, rising about all the others with mechanical aid.

The announcer’s voice cuts, and the speakers sound off with a new voice, one that you recognize. This is the voice that helped you to cheat this rigged fight, by shorting out the defenses Colter had relied on. “Hey! Everybody shut the hell up!” Amazingly, they do. It isn’t immediate, and there’s some audibly grumbling, but they settle down again and wait to see what this new voice has to say.

“Go talk to your bosses. Me and them have talked about this, they’ll know what to do. I’ll handle our new ‘champion.’” It takes a few minutes of shuffling and complaining, but the rank and file grunts of the gangs eventually stumble out, leaving you alone and locked inside the arena.

“Sorry about that,” the voice tells you, and this time it’s coming from a small box near the door Colter used to get in. You approach, and spot the silhouette of a man. “I know, ‘take care of him’ sounds bad, but it’s supposed to. You’ll understand here in a minute.” The shadow leans over to smack something and the steel door keeping you trapped flings open. With no alternatives, you enter.

(CONTINUED)
>>
>>1810499

The man is old as shit, for a raider. Most of them still have youthful vigor, amplified by a cocktail of drugs and adrenaline, but this guy’s face is lined and weathered. Assuming he’d never touched Jet or Psycho in his life, he looks mid forties, and that’s a big assumption to make of a man with a metal eyepatch who spends his time running with raiders. Late thirties, you guess. He extends a leathery hand, which you take and shake. “Name’s Gage. Porter Gage. And from now on, I’m your best friend.”

>A) You need a friend like you need a new hole in your head. “I don’t think so, old timer. I haven’t needed a friend since back when you could wink.”
>B) Never could have too many friends. “Happy to hear it, assuming you’re not bullshittin’ me.”
>C) Keep quiet and see where he’s going with this.
>D) You aren’t going to play around with a guy who just threatened you and tried to brush it off. “Friends don’t keep friends in the dark, Gage. What did you mean by ‘take care of’?” [50%]
>E) Write in.
>>
>>1810505
>>
>>1810505
>C
>>
>>1810505
>>C) Keep quiet and see where he’s going with this.
>>
>>1810505
>>C) Keep quiet and see where he’s going with this.
>>
>>1810505
>>
>>1810510
>>1810524
>>1810538
>>1810568
>>1810595
No reason to give this guy anything too soon. Writing!
>>
>>1810505
“Follow me.” Gage leads you towards the entrance to the arena and ducks behind the reception desks. You’re about to follow him back there before he pops up again with a duffle bag in hand. “Alright, so here’s the situation: Fucked Up. The guy you just killed was the ‘Overboss,’ the only reason our operation hasn’t gone up in smoke. You might not a’ noticed, what with gettin’ shot at, but Nuka World is run by three gangs that have been working together, under Colter, for a year now.” He snorts in displeasure as he unzips the bag.

“They joined up because Colter and I promised them the whole damn world, but our dear old Overboss got lazy. Set up that arena just to show off in front of the gangs, and fuck everything else. That’s why I helped you,” he says, nodding towards Colter’s still-warm corpse. “We needed him dead, ‘cause we need a new Overboss.”

“That’s where you come in.” He sets out a few bundles that you can only tell are some type of fabric. “See, everyone here is a member of one of those gangs. That’s what made Colter a good option, at first. He was an outsider, meant he didn’t have any biases. He could run it fair. Same principle applies now: We need someone from outside. Someone smart enough to listen to advice, someone tough enough to survive everything the wastes can throw at them.” You get a sudden sinking feeling as to where he’s going with this.

“I think someone who can survive the Gauntlet is a perfect candidate. I’d ask what you thought about it, but truth is, you don’t got much of a choice now. Either you take the job, or we both die. Without an Overboss, this place is gonna turn into a war zone in a few hours, and neither of us has an army to fight with.” You might have argued with him, but the reasonable part of your mind points out the entire reason you came here was to join. Leading them is even better. Gage pushes the bag back onto the floor, leaving only the bundles still on the desk.

“Any questions, or are you ready to do this?”

>A) Nothing you can think of. “Let’s go.”
>B) Write in
>>
>>1810928
What gangs are there?
>>
>>1810949
this
>>
>>1810928
Also, is it the same groups as the dlc?
>>
>>1810949
>>1810952
>>1810954
If that's what you want to know, then that's what we'll find out. Writing!
>>
>>1810928
>>
>>1810928
“Hold on, you said three gangs run this place?” That’s unusual for many reasons. While gangs out in the Wasteland may team up once or twice, the idea of any more than one trying to stay in one location at the same time is incredible. It shouldn’t have worked at all, and these guys had been making it work for a year? Gage nods in acknowledgement, “Crazy, I know, but these ain’t your run of the mill gangs. These boys and girls are organized.”

“Then who are they?” And how hadn’t you already heard of them? Gage begins listing them off with a single raised finger.

“Well, first off is the Pack. There the ones you mighta saw in crazy colors an’ animal masks. It might not look like it, but they’re smart mother fuckers. Figured out how to train most any animal in the Wasteland to fight with ‘em, and if you’ve ever seen a Deathclaw, I don’t need to tell you how damn scary that is. On top of that, they’re crafty. Have to be. The Pack don’t allow killing in the ranks, so the only way to get back at someone is to get creative. Even their leader, the Alpha, is decided by outsmarting the old Alpha, not by just kickin’ his ass. Still, the guys are tough on their own. I wouldn’t pick a fight with one of them even without their pet monsters backing them up.” A second finger goes up as Gage moves on to the next gang.

“Then there’s the Operators. Closest thing to mercs you’ll ever see out of a raider gang. They only care about money, and they’re DAMN good at gettin’ it. Their racket usually involves one of their men showing up and making demands of the locals. If they don’t pay up, their heads start poppin’ from the snipers the Operators have set up. Every last one of ‘em moves like a ghost and makes about as much noise when they don’t want you to see ‘em, but they’re pretty to look at when they do. I think that’s the idea. Keep ya’ lookin’ at one while the other gets you in the back. If they don’t want you dead, they’ll dig up any old secret you have and keep it, either for blackmail or… Actually, it’s usually just blackmail. If you keep a diary, now’s a good time to burn it.” The last finger goes up, and Gage details your final new set of friends.

“Finally, the Disciples. They care about two things: Blood and pain. Every raider hurts people, and shit, we don’t feel bad about it, but the Disciples… They’re something else. They take bodies and string ‘em up in ways that make your head hurt to look at. Ways that the human body ain’t built for. Any farmer who knows about ‘em just pays up and prays they never pay attention to him, but there’s no keeping ‘em away with money or food. They’ll show up whenever they get bored.” Gage puts his hand down and leans against the desk with a crooked, sarcastic smile.

(CONTINUED)
>>
>>1811334
“And now they’re all yours, boss.” Right. You were expected to LEAD these guys. “What’s my next step?” you ask, and Gage sweeps a hand over his bundles. “We need an outsider, but the guys don’t trust outsiders anymore. Not after Colter fucked up.” At this, Gage jerks his head towards the arena. “Everyone wants someone from their group runnin’ the show, but that can’t happen for obvious reasons. So we lie. That’s what the bosses are doin’ now, telling the gangs that the new Overboss is one o’ them.”

“Course, most of ‘em just saw your face. If they see it again, it’s not gonna be too hard to put together who you are, and then they’ll start callin’ you the next Colter before the sun goes down.” He gives you a helpless shrug, “I hate it for ya, but you can’t show your face for a good long while. Not until people forget about Colter and his killer.” You’re sick of him going on about it, and tear into one of the bundles he’s offered. It’s a costume fitting of a Raider King, complete with a mask to disguise all your features. All the others must be, too. So, which one is the new you?

>A) It’s a theme park, right? Theme parks had clowns, those creepy white faced guys you’ve seen on posters. Slap some makeup and a set of bright clothes on, and no one will be any the wiser. [+2 CHR]
>B) This place is built like a castle, and you’re its new king. Grab the metal helmet shaped into a spiked crown, with a visor to cover your eyes. [+1 CHR, +1 END]
>C) No need to get fancy. You’re a raider before you're a boss, just grab a gas mask and get back to work. [+2 END]
>D) A hood and scarf combo will keep your hair and mouth under wraps, as well as leave your vision unobstructed. [+1 AGI, +1 PER]
>E) Fuck the mask. You’re the Overboss, if they don’t like your face, they can kiss your ass. [+2 PER, +1 CHR, -Reputation]
>>
>>1811339
>>C) No need to get fancy. You’re a raider before you're a boss, just grab a gas mask and get back to work. [+2 END]
>>
>>1811339
A mask made from the face of the previous boss, stretched over a hockey goalie's mask.
>>
>>1811339
>>B) This place is built like a castle, and you’re its new king. Grab the metal helmet shaped into a spiked crown, with a visor to cover your eyes. [+1 CHR, +1 END]
Hail to the king
>>
>B) This place is built like a castle, and you’re its new king. Grab the metal helmet shaped into a spiked crown, with a visor to cover your eyes. [+1 CHR, +1 END]
>>
>>1811374
>>1811396
You're the king of the castle, but every good gimmick comes with a good name.

>A) King
>B) Baron
>C) Rex
>D) Tyrant
>E) Write in
>>
>>1811499
>>E) Write in
Caesar
>>
>>1811499
Super King Big Nutz
>>
>>1811499
>>C) Rex
>>
>>1811532
Support
>>
>>1811532
>>1811536
Looks like we have a winner, but I'm sorry to say that this session has to be cut short. IRL and classes bit me in the ass just now.

So, despite being nowhere near where I wanted to end it, we'll have to stop for tonight guys.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.