[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noble Squire Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

“No matter how dark it gets, there will always be a thread of light.” -Sir Ludwig

You are a page and soon to be squire of the Citadel. If you are chosen. As you recently reached the age of twelve you are now permitted to partake in the Grand Tourney, where hopefully a knight will choose you to be his squire.

You stand before a great tapestry with the names of all the participants, which name is yours?

>Darion
Eldest son of a wealthy merchant family. Bears his family's ambition.
Speed - 2
Strength - 1
Skill - 3
Speech - 4
Smarts - 3

>Carlo Starr
The sole survivor of one of the great houses. Desires revenge.
Speed - 3
Strength - 3
Skill - 4
Speech - 1
Smarts- 2

>Bartholomew Wick
A middle son to a small unimportant house. A hellion.
Speed - 4
Strength - 2
Skill - 3
Speech - 3
Smarts - 1

>Art
Wants to be a hero. Freakishly strong.
Speed - 2
Strength - 5
Skill - 2
Speech - 2
Smarts - 2

Squire of Light quest is about the knights who defend the remnants of a world that was shattered by the darkness. Combat rolls will be determined by 3d6 with a 1d100 for perception/speech/ect rolls.
>>
>>1801311
>Bartholomew Wick
>>
>>1801311
>Bartholomew Wick
Let's guide our little shit head into a noble knight.
>>
>>1801382
>>1801384
This.
>>
>>1801311
>Carlo Starr
They will learn to fear the old blood.
>>
>>1801311
>>Carlo Starr
>>
>>1801311
>>Art
We Gregor Clegane
>>
>>1801382
>>1801384
>>1801393
Bart

>>1801396
>>1801398
Carlo

Gonna give it an other 30 minutes then writing up
>>
>>1801423
And I drop my trip
>>
File: Luka_(Paradox).png (119KB, 299x459px) Image search: [Google]
Luka_(Paradox).png
119KB, 299x459px
>>1801311
>>Art
HA HA time for JUSTICE
>>
>>1801311
>>Carlo Starr
>>
>>1801382
>>1801384
>>1801393
Barto

>>1801396
>>1801398
>>1801455
Carlo

Gonna give it another 15 minutes and I'm rolling for it
>>
>>1801466
1 = Bartholomew
2 = Carlo
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1801490
fuck
>>
File: 1466724015592.jpg (30KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
1466724015592.jpg
30KB, 288x432px
>>1801494
Eh, I guess REVENGE is fine too.
>>
>>1801494
Ok, time to get revenge. Now what?
>>
Let's go Darion
>>
>>1801555
Now we play the waiting game while QM writes. Or something.
>>
>>1801494
You find your name, Carlo Starr, buried under the Dim section. On the other side of the tapestry you see the name of your prey. Sir Hector Horus, a Sun. Your teeth grind, you need to rise.

It’s an other bright and sunny day and Castle Solis had been fully converted into a fairground. A train of people flowed in through the gates, merchants moved in and started hawking food and drink and even merchandise on the “holy grounds”. You spit on the ground as the noble rides on through, a weak looking man, you doubt he could even wield the sword on his hip.

Elsewhere you notice the list have been set, as well as the arena for the melee. Shit, you haven’t registered yet.

Dashing and weaving your way through the crowd of workers and visitors you reach the registration booth sweating but oddly refreshed. It’s nothing but a small wooden stall, inside you see the sleeping form of Sir Oldmann. You gently knock on the side of the stall. The aged knight begins to snore. You knock louder. He snores louder.

“HEY OLDMANN!” you roar in his face.
“Oh, Dim Carlo? Didn’t see you there.” he chuckles. He leans back and scratches his head, bald and covered in as many scars as there is wrinkles. You liked him. One of the few true knights left. One of them few that served with your father. If only you could tell him of your true identity.
“I need to register, sir.” you give a short bow.
“Pft. Enough with that sir shit. Alright,” he grabs a quill, “which events? You can choose from any of the four events.”

>Melee
>Archery
>Tourney
>Racing
>>
>>1801646
Melee
>>
>>1801646
>>Tourney
>>
>>1801646
>Melee
>Tourney
>Racing
>Archery

as many as we can fit in, in this prefered order
>>
>>1801646
>>Melee
>>Archery
>>
>>archery
>>
>>1801680
Yes, you can do all of them.

>>1801655
>>1801672
>>1801680
>>1801683
>>1801687
So far it looks like we're doing all but Racing but if you guys want to throw it in I'm cool with it.
>>
>>1801646
To ALL of it!
We have to be the best so we can fucks with the rest
>>
>>1801689
Let's do all of it. Gives us a chance to attract a patron and kill this fool.
>>
>>1801758
>>1801695
>>1801689
You slam your hand against the counter, “I’ll do them all!”
“Don’t break the stall kid. Good luck being a show off.” you hear him grumble and you cannot help but smirk. The old man fumbles with some parchments and begins scratching your name upon all of them.
“The first is going to be the Melee. Starts soon. Like you need to be there five minutes ago soon. It’s going to be right next to the list.” He hands you the four parchments.
“Thank you sir!” you bow again and start to run off.

“Running late as always, Starr.” Sir Robert calls out from the entrance of the arena. Even in this heat, he still wears a cape. He had been his class’s teacher and you expected to never see this man again.
“I’m still your teacher until you pass the events,” he approaches you, “so don't go letting me down.” he chides as he flicks you on the forehead.
“Ow!” you rub your head, no doubt going to have a red mark. Again.
“But technically I’m supposed to be neutral since I’m the referee. So if you let me down I won’t be to devastated. Either way.”
“Thank you sir?” Sir Robert leads you inside the makeshift arena, already you feel sweat bead upon your forehead.

You stand before a wall of practice weapons, all wood. In the next room you can hear the voices of your fellow Dims and in the distance you can hear the ever growing buzz of the crowd waiting to watch you.

You must choose a weapon.

>Sword
>Axe
>Mace
>Spear
>Shield y/n?
>>
File: Dragon's Dogma.jpg (85KB, 840x623px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon's Dogma.jpg
85KB, 840x623px
>>1801767
>>Sword
Is there even a a reason not to?
Swords are a staple, man.
Also, no shield, at least for now: we're 12, lets not become too cumbersome, I'd say our short stature gives us more a fleetfooted style of fighting.
And with no shield it leaves our other arm free as well as allowing us to quickly change between one handing, two handing and halfswording in case we're up against armor.
>>
>>1801767
Mace and shield. Massive damage, relatively easy to wield compared to a sword and has multiple points to do damage with, unlike an axe. Shield to protect ourselves.
>>
>>1801767
Sword and sheild. Secure the sheild to our back to begin
>>
>>1801796
>>1801828
>>1801865
Just going to roll for it in 5
>>
>>1801828
>>1801899
Support.
>>
>Be cocky and grab shield only
Our boi is ready to shield bash the fuck outta this tournament
>>
>>1801767
>Sword and Shield
>>
>>1801903
>>1801828
Writing up now
>>
>>1801828
>>1801903
>>1801919
You lift the a wooden mace, really more of a club down from the rack, it’s heavy but it’s a familiar weight a comforting one. You grab a small wooden kite shield just for good measure and strap it onto your back.
“Another Tardy, let me see your paperwork then go select your weapon.” You hear sir Robert’s voice muffled by the door. Guess you weren’t the last one. You concentrate on the Light inside you, a warm soothing feeling washes over you but there is something else. You shrug it off and walk through the door.

>Light Coat - Coats your body in a thin layer of light increasing your physical capabilities and durability. Increases Strength and Speed by 1

The waiting chamber is filled to capacity. Dim’s from The Southern Shields all the way to the Thunderlands yammer back in forth swapping stories from their home towns. Not all Dim’s could make it to the Castle Solis, but you couldn’t afford not too. Your parent’s, first Father and then Mother, stolen away from you too early. Pawning off the last of your family’s gold, the thievery and fights. Just to be here. There it is again, the thing in the Light. A burning feeling that turns and worms inside your innards growing ever closer to your heart.

>Dark Shroud - Conceals your presence. Lowers DC for subterfuge rolls

>Look for someone you know
>Brood alone.

--------------------------
For each session you will get 1 Light Point which you can use to activate your abilities. Points will stack and there will be opportunities to increase how man points you have. As well as chances to earn more abilities.

Dark abilities consume Light Points as well.
>>
Going to be out with family soon, I'll try and pick this up tomorrow if I have time after work
>>
>>1801953
>>Look for someone you know
We need to have realized that we are going to need politics in order to get our full revenge.
>>
>>1801953
>look for someone you know

This is an interesting set up. I wonder how using dark abilities vs light abilities messes with our character.
>>
>>1801953
>>
>>1801953
>>
>>1801953
>Look for someone you know
There has to be more than one angry, broken, lonely individual here
>>
Will try and post on my break today, doing it through mobile tho so you will have to bear with me.
>>
>>1803458
This is interesting bub, keep it up!
>>
Sorry I couldn't post earlier, had to work through my break.

>>1802384
>>1802568
>>1803135
>>1803149
>>1803155
Writing up right now!
>>
>>1804825
You scan the crowd of Dim’s for familiar faces. You’re coming up pretty empty, no one has really socialized with you. However, in the middle of a small circle you notice that rich bastard Darion. Also one of the few people that talks to you. You sigh and push yourself into the circle. A knight can’t climb without connections.

“Hey.” you mumble out the side of your mouth.
“Oh hey Carlo!” He pulls you in close, “It is Carlo right?”
You nod your head, mouth sealed shut.
“Hey guys this is Carlo!” He presents you to the group of background characters.
“Hey.” you try to play it cool.
“Sup.” the indistinct crowd reply. You scratch the back of your head and really wish you didn’t do this.
“Soo, Carlo, youn interested on joining my team?” Darion sing songs at you.
“I thought it was a free for all.”
Darion pulls out a pouch threatening to burst. “Yeah, but you don’t have to do it for free. Well as long as you’re on the right team.” he jingles it between you away from prying eyes.
“Are you bribing me?” your face screws up, puzzled.
“Hey call it what you will, you just make sure I get through to the end and come out on top.”

>take the bribe
>Tell him to sod off
>write in
>>
>>1804998
Tell him to sod off. We don't take bribes, we're here for one thing: climbing the tower of revenge by our own two hands.

(Though if someone else has a bigger plan for using him as a connection rather than just us being used as a lackey, I'd be up for that.)
>>
>>1805141
>>write in
"how about i take you out first just for asking something quite so stupid?"

then smirk and walk off after his reply
>>
>>1805141
>>1805161
Going with both of these in about 10 minutes.

Here's my twitter >https://twitter.com/BarnNNoble

Also to explain posting better, I'm going to take the most voted in 30 minutes. Time is subject to change once I get the hang of things but I will inform you guys if it does.

Also for all rolls it will be best of the first 3.

This is my first quest and I'm still learning the ropes but I hope to mature with this quest and hopefully we can get some fun out of it.
>>
>>1805161
>>1805141
Alright telling Darion to go fuck himself. Roll 1d100 to see if we drop spaghetti
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>1805284
>Roll 1d100 to see if we drop spaghetti
>>
>>1805301
Well looks like marinara is all over the arena. Writing up now
>>
>>1805359
>partially fall asleep
>miss roll
>come back to becoming an Italian cook
Oh geez, here we go.
>>
File: Art(1).png (171KB, 269x296px) Image search: [Google]
Art(1).png
171KB, 269x296px
>>1805301
>>1805359
“Sod off ya cunt, I should take you out first for just saying something so stupid.” you roar in your head.
“Um, no, I-I should um. I-” the words stumble out of your mouth. Darion wraps an arm around your neck and pulls you in closer. The circle tightens around you sealing you in.
“C’mon, you don’t even have to win to get scouted, and armor is expensive these days.” Darion’s words drip with smile and venom.
Your face flashes red it feels like a fire is forming beneath your skin. “SOD OFF DARION! I”M GONNA TAKE YOU OUT FIRST!” you roar back at him.

Darion breaks into laughter and tears, and soon his cronies join in.
“Jezz man you don’t have to take thing so seriously, it’s just a jest brethren.” Darion shrugs and the circle slowly dissipates into the crowd of other Dim’s. You’re not afraid of Darion, you’ve had classes with him and he’s always been a weak shit. You’re not too sure about his gang though, most of them don’t seem to be from Castle Solis, some seem to be somewhat decent. Three blast from a warhorn shatters the excited buzz of the arena replacing it with an eerie hush as silence fills the voids.

“Ladies and Gentleman, thank you all for supporting our lights to the future, as they take their first step into the world. May their Light shine bright and lead them through their darkness.” you hear Sir Robert’s voice echoes somewhere deeper in the arena. “Now without further ado,” the gates of the arena, two great double doors, open out into a grassy stage encircled but a hundred sets of eyes at least. All watching you. How shall you impress them?

The crowd of Dims starts to make it’s way out in the open. After getting a decent look around you notice that there are only thirty of you, 5 of which are in Darion’s pocket and who knows what else is going to happen. You’re not too far from the front where you hear it. Somewhere at the very end of the crowd you here a Dim yelling, “WOOOOH!” you turn around just in time to see a large boy bowl his way through the crowd and become the first one through the gate.

“OUR FUTURE!” Robert declares
“LET”S FIGHT!” the monster roars out. The audience roars back with cheers and applause.

Well shit.

You file out with the rest of the crowd, still mulling over what happened. The Dim seems to be unarmed, wearing only the standard Dim uniform. Across the arena you see Darion’s circle starting to form up and all around you is nothing but enemies. You hold your mace in your hands, the grip is soaked with sweat, you’re not nervous it’s just really really hot out.

>Attack the show boat
>Attack Darion
>Attack a random Dim around you
>Write in

-------------------------------------------
Also a note, Carlo is a pretty decent fighter, skill stat is for weapons requiring more finesse, or concentration as well as for picking locks and such. His Strength stat is pretty decent too. Just a heads up.
>>
>>1805393
Carlo's speech stat is a 1, he is always going to be an Italian cook if he doesn't get some proper learning.
>>
>>1805496
>Write in
wait for enemies to come to us first, then strike Darion when hes alone, nobody bribes the old blood
>>
I think I'm going to call it quits for tonight. If I have time tomorrow I'll wrap up the Melee, if not I will make a new thread on Monday. I'm looking at the days to run it being Monday and Wednesday so I'll keep you guys updated with twitter, >>1805233

Goodnight /qst/
>>
Sorry I'm late, will write this up >>1805508 in 10 if no one says otherwise.

Also I realized I haven not really explained the world or its lore or Carlo's backstory. Would you guys like me to make a pastebin or post it in here?
>>
You affix the shield from your back on to your left forearm, and take a defensive stance. This fight will be about who can outlast. Off near the far wall of the arena you see Darion flanked with three of his cronies. The two others; a tall one with a sword, and another with a staff break off each going in a different direction. Probably to whittle down the competition.
All around you are enemies.

With a curt command, Sir Robert begins the fight. An axe flies towards your face.

>Dodge it
>Block it with shield
>Write In
>>
>>1817194
Dodge while covering yourself with the shield.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.