[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technobarbaria Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: spaceship-wallpaper-10.jpg (159KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
spaceship-wallpaper-10.jpg
159KB, 1680x1050px
"Dear diary.Today was an allright day. Yes, things went just fine. The sleep cycle was full and proper, the"
I take a sharp breath before going on. In and out, in and out.
"the water-recycling system are holding up, maintenance readings are all in the positive. I can spend another day in this fucking hellhole that is slowly becoming my living tomb"
You stop and delete that last part.
"After the proper workout, I've had one portion of the feedpaste, and began the mantenance run. All things considered this is a nice ship. nice enough for all my comrades to die for HUH?!"
I delete the last part again.
"Come on man, keep it together"

I stand up from your screen, and decide to go and do something that I am good at, and could take my mind off from the stinging loneliness.

(Choose two)
>Go and try to tinker with the engine's energy output.(Hardware)
>Try to work on that maneuvering algorithm. (Software)
>Get to botany and recombine some chemicals (Medicine)
>Do some physical, and target practice (Combat)
>>
>>1792712
>>Go and try to tinker with the engine's energy output.(Hardware)
>>Do some physical, and target practice (Combat)
>>
>>1792712
>>Go and try to tinker with the engine's energy output.(Hardware)
>>Do some physical, and target practice (Combat)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
>>1792716
>>1792722
Yes, some heavy lifting, and tinkering. That will get my mind off.
I go to the training room I have set up in the conference room. Removing that unnecessarily big table and using it for materials was a good project. Come to think of it, I have re-built and re-purposed most of the ship's interior by now.

I go and do some regular training regime. Squat, overhead press, deadlift. I am worried that if I have put together a benchpress, one day I would just let it drop, and try to crush my windpipe willingly. After everything, that would be a pretty stupid way to go. Arbro would bitchslap me in the afterlife that is for sure.
Old memories again. Well I guess it is time to end the training

Oh yes, tinkering with the engine. Let's see if I can improve output further! Maybe this way it will only take 899 years to get home instead of .. of.. how many was there? I quit counting. The impossibility lays heavy on my mind. Just like the days I have spent here. I gave up after the first year. Celebrating my birthday was the last straw.

I don't know how long I've been doing that. I wake up my head on the workbench. I hear some beep. Is it Boozeday already? Have I drunk and now I am hungover?

It tooks a while to realize, it is coming from the cockpit. A place I usually avoid. Why bother coming here anymore. But that fucking beep won't stop, and in the lone silence, I would always be able to hear it. So I go in and turn it off. But my hand freezes over control panel.

It shows that there is another vesseal nearby.

>Panic
>Call them!
>Go towards them fast!
>Go towards them masking your signal
>Leave the cockpit, ignore this ever happened.
>Write in
>>
>>1792739
>>Call them!
>>
>>1792739
>Go towards them masking your signal
>>
>>1792739
>>Go towards them masking your signal
>>
File: spaceship-wallpaper-11.jpg (85KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
spaceship-wallpaper-11.jpg
85KB, 1024x768px
>>1792778
>>1792741
>>1792814
"That.. that should be fucking impossible. Out here? Who? Some kind of mistake. Yes, a mistake."
I still cannot fully repress my hopefulness. I sit down, and carefully start to mitigate the outputs. I am still a wanted criminal after all. Don't want to get back into civilization just to spend the rest of my life in a cell. An even smaller one.

After tow days of nail-chewing wait, I can finally see it. The ship is gigantic. A lot bigger than I thought any ship is worth making into. You cannot recognise the pattern either.
But what is it doing so far out here? Even if it has FTL, it would take several decades to reach any of the colonies. Something doesn't seem to be right.

I make some scans.
"Unidentified."
I also cannot pick up any sort of signals from it. The real-space engines are not really active, no build up from FTL, no scanning signatures. Yet the ship is still active, merely drifting in space.
"For fuck's sake there aren't even any planets or asteroids around. BIG FUCKING NOTHING:"
After I make sure I am not hallucinating, I

> Get into communication with it
> Try to land on it
> Write-in
>>
>>1792851
>> Get into communication with it
>>
>>1792851
>>
>>1792851
>>
>>1792858
>>1792880
At times like this I miss our team's face. Well, let's hope they won't blast me out of the sky.

"This is Echo 577-PXZ-0" I begin to list the serial of the ship "We require ehh.. emergency refuel. Requesting permission to land."
You sit back, and put it onto repeat with one minute interval. They should pick it up and resond soon. However after thirty minutes, you get a little nervous about it. This should be picked up under 10 minutes even on the laziest trade ship. Why aren't they responding yet?

Finally, after an hour a reply comes.
안녕?
"What the.."
외부 연결? 이 중 누군가?!
"What? No NO, ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER!" I slam the console "DO YOU SPEAK IT?!" I am fustrated. The systems shoud provide auto-translation for both parties, this is bollocks! Why does it speak in moon runes?

I do a heated conversation with the respondent, which I am sure neither of us gets. In the end, I get a video-feed, showing one of the hangar bays open.

>Get in openly, no funny business
>Go in, but try to abandon ship without facing the meeting party
>Try to disappear, and find your own way onto the ship
>Write-in
>>
>>1792936
>>Get in openly, no funny business
>>
>>1792936
>Get in openly, no funny business
>>
No funny buisness, maybe put on some warpaint on our face
>>
>>1792943
>>1793000
>>1793876
"Allright. Fuck it. We go in without a plan. Past me would bitchslap present me, but I guess past me also got into this stupid mess after all planning in the first place, so fuck that guy!" I say to myself loudly as I slowly start to plot course towards the ship's side, where I see something resembling of hangar gates. This high-tech tin-can, for all it's comforts has no weapon system anyways, so they shouldn't think I am trying to attack them or something. Hopefully.

The other side probably also understood that we can't really communicate that way, and after a few more messages stopped pestering me. After a few tense seconds, I see a hangar bay opening. My clutch over the controls softens. I didn't even realize how tense I was until it became certain they won't just shoot me. Well, at least until I am out of the ship.

I go and clothe up. I am in my underwear since.. since fucking forever. I get on my uniform. Repaired since the last run. It still has patches on where I was shot, but hey, try to make a proper material replicator form scratch, I dare you! Oh who am I even talking to? I get up some of my hardware as well. I mean they can't expect me to go naked right? Hopefully they won't take offense.

Choose one from each category;
Weapons
>No armaments
>Minor armaments
>All I got

Armor
>Just clothes
>Minor armor
>Full armor, helmet and all
>>
>>1806868
>>Minor armaments
>>Full armor, helmet and all
>>
>>1807123
I take the whole armor. If anyone asks, I have de-activated my internal atmospherics for energy conversation, and needed the full suit on at all times. As a matter of fact, I'll do so now. Better not get caught lying the first time. That's what old Roland used to say. God rest his soul.

I take my pistol. Old favorite, and trustworthy friend. I check the mounted combat blade in my forearm. It's as sharp as I left it. Luckily I always kept the suit charged up, and the projectors work. I make a shield and a baton out of solidified light, and do a few cursory swings. All seems to be in order. Time to land.

Duty calls time to leave it for today. Thanks for coming
>>
>>1807158
Thanks for running OP, hope you keep this up. I love me some derelict space adventures.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.