[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shellstorm Mech Quest #1.5. Iron Eagle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 5

File: mecha-robot-war.jpg (98KB, 990x556px) Image search: [Google]
mecha-robot-war.jpg
98KB, 990x556px
>Hey guys! Op here! Sorry for my sudden disappearance last time. I had some pretty severe complications during my surgery last week and have barely been functioning. Im up for running again if you guys will join me. For some reason the first 2 threads failed to archive but I will summarize.

You are Private Brandon Crowley, Freshly minted Mech pilot on the French Front of the Great War, the near endless conflict that has raged for years beyond count. The skies are choked with smoke and ash, vast flotillas of airships and swarms of planes floating by like malignant clouds. Great war machines stride along, supported by legions of men and tank's. Conscripted men sent by the thousands to die for a few feet of thick mud at the orders of decrepit generals. You were shuffled under the command of Captain Theodore Price, a stalwart Mech commander. Placed into 2nd Squad directly under Captain Theo's right hand, the mysterious Cricket.

Last time you and Bravo company returned from the front victorious, having scored your first few Mech kills and secured a hefty amount of scrap. You upgraded your trusty Mech "Myrmidon" and set out among the camp.

Currently you are seated at a mess table for breakfast, seated next to your massive tentmate Dawkins, 2nd Squads Gunner expert.

>Talk to your fellow Assault Pilots, look for any helpful tips and tricks.

>Talk to Dawkins and his fellow Gunners. Find out about heavy weapons and armor

>Talk to that quiet Longshot Mech operator. He seems odd

>Shut up and eat your breakfast.

>Stats and Equipment for Crowley and Myrmidon incoming.
>>
>>1788209
>>Talk to that quiet Longshot Mech operator. He seems odd

Having some sniper support would be handy
>>
>Private Brandon Crowley
>Male
>Assault trained (bonus to close and melee combat)
>British resolve- British Troops are hard to shake, Crowley is no exception.
>Military background-His Father was a well decorated Paladin Pilot who was crippled in battle. Some officers may remember the name.

>Equipment-
12ga Trench gun- Excellent at close range. Can be affixed with bayonet.
Fathers Revolver- A powerful side arm accurate at up to medium range but excellent at close.
Bayonet- Combination can opener/Fighting knife.
Spare clothes and uniform
Entrenching tool-capable of digging soil or cracking skulls.

>0 scrap in Crickets Ledger.

Myrmidon-
Short barreled 40mm cannon-can fire a variety of rounds capable of piercing the armor of equivalent Mechs and light-Medium tanks.
Bayonet-physically bonded to the main guns frame. Perfect for peeling open enemy Mechs like tin cans.
Upgraded Arm servos-+5 bonus to melee and upper body strength checks.
Improved engines-+5 to evasion rolls and improved speed.
Improved seals and filters- you can last much longer if hit by a gas attack.
Radio- crude but you can communicate to your allies if you need to
>>
>>1788232
Seconding.
Also good to have a spotter.
>>
>>1788263
Supportin
>>
>>1788232
Support. It's always better if we have someone behind us to back us up, like if we run out of ammo or whatever.
>>
>>1788209
>>Talk to that quiet Longshot Mech operator. He seems odd
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 438x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 438x434px
HE LIVES! Though I do hope we get back to Undead Quest sometime in the future

>>1788209

>Talk to that quiet Longshot Mech operator. He seems odd

Need someone to contrast our bloodlust

>>1788270

Fancy seeing you here Weaver, have a Black Manta
>>
>Longshot mech pilot.

You gesture with your spoon at the quiet man sitting across from you, picking at his food with a single minded precision.

"Did the pork offend you or something mate?"
You joke with a large smile, referencing his heavy jabs with his fork.

Dark eyes meet yours before the soot stained figured smiles, showing bright white teeth amid his stained skin.
"No its just that bloody tough. Any worse and Dawkins could strap it to the front of Stomper and walk through hell!"
He chuckles quietly before sawing off a chunk of gristle and flicking it over his shoulder.

"You pilot the Longshot for 2nd, don't you?"
You ask, gesturing at the small patch on his jacket, a skull and crosshairs overlaid on the gear motif of the Mech Corp. Longshots were highly difficult Mechs to operate, the massive main gun requiring a intuitive sense to aim accurately. In the right hand, the Augmented Footmen were capable of punching far above their class.

"Well yes I do. Its not the easiest job in the world but it beats being stuck in the muck with the meatbags. Me and Robin have been dealing death for Bravo company here for the past three years."

>Robin?

>Three years? How have you lasted a long out here?

>Any tips?

>Other questions?
>>
>>1788286
>>Robin?
Who is this person in the way of our teaming up?
>>
>>1788286
>>Any tips?
>>
>>1788286

>Robin?
>Three years? How have you lasted a long out here?
>Any tips?

All are good questions to ask
>>
>>1788286
Robin's obviously a partner of his - probably just a spotter. He survived three years by not getting close enough to the enemy to be shot back.

>Any tips?
>>
"And Robin is..?"
You ask, looking around for another Longshot pilot.

"Robin is my Mech, as in Robin Hood. The best shot in England!"
He chuckles again, wiping up a patch of gravy with a chunk of bread.
"Don't know how many we've scrapped but never even been hit out there. Gonna keep doing whatever the hell Ive been doing until my tours done."
He smiles broadly, picking at his food, searching for the more edible bits.

You nearly whistle in appreciation of the amount of luck it takes to survive three years on the front. Especially for some of the universally despised sniper units. The only men afforded less mercy were the American Flamers if caught.

"How have you done it?"
You ask, leaning onto the table with your elbows
"How have you lasted three bloody years out here?"

He blinks, scratching his neck in thought as he looks into the distance.
"Well.... Im not rightly sure. Ive just kept my head down, not pissed off or impressed any officers and made sure not to do anything suicidal. Like charging in headfirst with a bloody knife on a pea shooter."
He looks at you pointedly, obviously having heard of your charge across the battlefield.

>Any tips for me?

>Speak to someone else

>Another Question for him

>Finish your food and leave

>Other
>>
>>1788337
>>Another Question for him
So no designs on being famous or being a hero? Just doing enough to help, with out actually doing your best?
>>
>>1788337
>Any tips for me?
Omg the he got away from the nazis
>>
>>1788337
>>Another Question for him
Any tips for dealing with snipers?
>>
>>1788514
Support this one. Heroes die on the front, and knowing how to handle anything we're likely to encounter will pay dividends.
>>
>>1788514
Supporting
>>
>>1788337
Supporting >>1788514
>>
>Sorry about the delay! My sister came over with the new baby and Ive been thoroughly distracted.
>how many of you salty dogs are still here and ready to kill smoke Krauts?
>>
>>1789763
I am here
>>
>>1789763
Sir yes sir
Bit drunk but here
>>
here,reporting for duty.
>>
>>1789763

Just woke up. Let's do this...
>>
OP I literally thought you may have died.

Glad to see that is not the case.
>>
>>1789763
Someone said Krauts!? Ready for battle.
>>
>>1789826
Best kind of way to be. It's my two days off from work this time, so I'm plannin on some drinkin.
>>
>>1789763
>>
>>1788337
>Other: >Talk to your fellow Assault Pilots, look for any helpful tips and tricks.
>>
Oh no...

The baby must have gotten OP with it's filthy baby germs...
>>
File: 1490983700897.jpg (87KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490983700897.jpg
87KB, 640x480px
>One of the only mecha quests running
>Will end up dying because the qm is half a step from the grave
Why does fate hate mecha quests.
>>
Ok that may have been a higher dose of my pain medication than I should have taken. I literally blinked while sitting down and then woke up nearly 6 hours later. Ill hash out some updates real quick.
>>
File: muffledmothsounds.png (24KB, 286x335px) Image search: [Google]
muffledmothsounds.png
24KB, 286x335px
>>1791963
dude, please don't die on us, shits just getting interesting. I've got kidneys if you need one, don't rustle your jimmies too hard and kark it before the quest is done.
>>
"So.. Any tips you could give me for dealing with enemy snipers?"
You ask, smiling grimly as the Longshot pilot draws his bayonet to saw off a particularly tough piece of gristle.
"Id rather not get put down by some sour Kraut from a mile off if you know what I mean."

He looks at you thoughtfully, gnawing at the unidentifiable bones within his food.
"Well then, looking to make it as long as me eh? My advice? Don't stand out. Don't be a hero because we are trained to kill heroes. If you make a target of yourself, you WILL get put down unless youre luckier than me."
He says, jabbing his fork across the table at you.
"If youre brave, lucky or suicidal enough to get close to a Kraut sniper.... Aim for the main gun. Their side armaments are mainly anti infantry. You can turn it into scrap heap with a lucky enough shot."

You ponder this new information. The leaflets they handed out in school told you that every British soldier should aspire to be a hero. You never heard of any hero living long however. Maybe his advice has some worth

"Thanks for the tips..."
Stealing a glance at his name embroidered on his jacket
"Shaw"
You reach out, shaking a heavily calloused hand with a noticeable ring of hardened skin along the inside of the trigger finger. Seems he does a lot of standard shooting as well.

"My pleasure Crowley. You ever want to learn how to actually shoot, come see me down on the range"
Shaw says proudly, standing and making his farewells to his few friends at the table

>Speak to Dawkins and the gunners. Learn about heavy weapons.

>Speak to your fellow assault pilots. Learn some close combat tips.

>Finish your food and go somewhere.
>>
>>1792151
>>Speak to your fellow assault pilots. Learn some close combat tips.
A stupid warrior isn't long for this world.
>>
can opener ahoy
>>
>>1792151
>>
>>1792151

>>
>>1792151
>>
It lives yet !
>>
Who is still here
>>
>Jesus im a drowsy fucker on my meds.
>Writan
>>
>Assault pilots.

Scraping some of the food on your tray together that seems to be equal parts bland and oversalted you chew thoughtfully. Beside you Dawkins is deep in conversation about the merits of linked light cannons over a single heavy cannon. The frequent use of the term "Grinder" seems to come up so you assume he knows what he is talking about.

You gesture towards the pair of assault pilots sitting down the table from you and they lean closer, the crossed swords and gear motif on their jackets standing out in Grey thread.

"So what would you guys tell a new pilot out here whos wanting to do as much damage as he can without getting scrapped?"
You ask, waving you fork around for emphasis.

They snicker to each other for a moment before nodding and scooting closer down the table
"Right then. First things first, you want to get close to the Krauts light Mechs and tanks. Get in their gob and don't let them get a shot off on you. If you have to shoot it out with one, AP or HE are good options. Canister and solid rounds just glance off unless you hit something important."
Says the first, pushing his spoon against a fruit tin at an angle for emphasis.

The second leans over, pulling a pencil and scrap of paper from his pocket before scribbling out a rough sketch of a hunter.
"With the Hunters, once you get close, go to either cripple or kill on on your first hit because they aren't usually alone. Get them in the shoulder joint, view slit, leg joint or just core their engine. You should get yourself a Hammer or something like the rest of us. That bayonet isn't much for heavier armored variants and it will break if you put too much tension on it"

You absorb this information gladly, nodding along as they walk you through the easier ways to dispatch a German Mech in melee or close combat.

>last question for them (write in)

>Leave and go somewhere else.
>>
>>1792433

>Leave and go somewhere else

Looks like everyone else wandered off while you were sleeping OP...
>>
>>1792433
>>last question for them (write in)
>Thanks guys.
>>Leave and go somewhere else.
>>
>>1792433
Lets do something else
>>

You stand and thank the assault pilots for their tips, passing your tray off to a cooks assistant already laden with a heavy stack. You turn and begin walking out of the mess area, headed towards...

>The firing range. Go get some target practice in.

>The armory. See if you can procure some weapons or equipment.

>Go to the Garage and work on Myrmidon.

>Head to the Drill yard and get some combat practice in.

>Keep yourself busy (Timeskip till next event)
>>
>>1792496

>Go to the Garage and work on Myrmidon.
>>
>>1792496
>>
>>1792496
>>
>Firing range.

You swing by your tent on the way back through the camp, grabbing your Trenchgun and securing it over your shoulder via the strap. You follow the regular and nearly soothing sound of scattered gunshots towards the firing range, a small field on the northeastern edge of the camp.

A wall of sandbags and firing positions of various heights and angles has been erected. Men stand, crouch or lay prone, taking potshots at wooden targets that pop from behind barrels and crates or trundle along slots or pulled along by ropes above head. The chatter of a light machine gun speaks up before one of the moving targets explodes into a cloud of splinters, falling away in two pieces.

The booming report of a heavy rifle nearly pops your ears before a cloud of dust on a distant hill poofs up. A chorus of scattered cheers and groans echo out as a man hops onto a small motorbike and takes off for the hilltop excitedly.

A bored looking sergeant signs you on to the range without looking up from his book, wordlessly waving you towards several large crates piled high with ammunition.

>practice with your Trenchgun

>Practice with your revolver.

>Practice with something else (Rifle, Light machine gun, Submachine gun, Knife throwing, etc)
>>
>>1792560
>>Practice with your revolver.
>>
>>1792560
>>practice with your Trenchgun
>>
>>1792560
>Practice with your revolver.
The trenchgun is best at short range where it isn´t too hard to hit the target.
The revolver on the other hand can also be used at medium range
>>
>>1792560
>>Practice with your revolver.
>>
>Revolver.

You secure your Trenchgun on a rack on the wall, shrugging off your jacket to free your arms as much as possible. You top off your ammo belt for your pistol with as many fresh rounds as you can before walking along the open positions, searching for...

>Moving targets, close range

>Stationary targets, close range.

>Moving targets, medium range

>Stationary targets, medium range

>Stationary targets, Long Range

>Moving Targets, long range.
>>
>>1792595
>>Stationary targets, medium range
We have to start somewhere
>>
>>1792595
Cursed did we get the revolver just before we were sent to the front or have we had it some time
>>
>>1792595
>>Moving targets, medium range
>>
>>1792612
Your dad gave it to you before you shipped off. It was his revolver that saved his life when he was crippled and had to fend for himself.
>>
>>1792595
switch to moving if we do ok initially
>>
>Stationary, medium range.

You pick a unoccupied shooting position that offers standing targets at medium range. When the shooting comes to a stop and a bell rings you select a trio of thin, plywood silhouettes, marching out into the range along with the other soldiers.

While they inspect their shots and replace destroyed targets you kick away the scraps of wood that remain from the previous targets at your position. You secure the targets into the slots and make your way back to your position. Its nearly 20 meters between you and the targets, a middling distance for the shot.

You draw your revolver as the other men take their positions, readying as the bored sergeant presses the button on his desk, a loud buzzing bell echoing across the range.

>Roll me 3D100.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1792637
>>
>>1792652
dice+3d100
>>
Rolled 59, 6, 7 = 72 (3d100)

>>1792637

>>
Rolled 4, 3, 62 = 69 (3d100)

>>1792637
>>
Rolled 66, 74, 2 = 142 (3d100)

>>1792637
>>
Rolled 31, 85, 56 = 172 (3d100)

>>1792637
>>
Rolled 71, 46, 14 = 131 (3d100)

>>1792637
>>
Rolled 70, 2, 11 = 83 (3d100)

>>1792637
>>
Rolled 61, 98, 68 = 227 (3d100)

>>1792637
>>
Rolled 22, 40, 94 = 156 (3d100)

>>1792637
>>
Rolled 79, 4, 94 = 177 (3d100)

>>1792637
>>
>66. 74. 62.

You thumb back the hammer of your revolver and take aim, gripping it firmly but not so tightly your hand shakes. You steady your arm with your other hand and place the sights on the chest of tie first target.

Two quickly gunshots ring out. A pair of neat holes punched into the upper chest and lower belly of the target. Before the cloud of gunsmoke has even dissipated you fire again into tie next target.

One neat hole appears low on the targets chest, the other punched clean through the "throat" of the plywood outline. Splinters fall to the ground behind it like dust as you adjust your aim.

The third target jolts as the heavy pistol bullets punch through it. One sits high in the "shoulder" while the other is a low gut shot.

You dump your empty shells in a bucket by your feet and reload, blowing smoke from the barrel proudly as you survey the three targets.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

>Keep shooting at this range.

>Shoot at Short range (stationary)

>Shoot at short range (moving)

>Shoot at medium range (moving)

>Shoot at long range (moving)

>Shoot at long range (Stationary)

>Leave
>>
>>1795702

Ah shit Cursed, didn't mean to not show up for your quest here. But I'll be now. And a quick question, could I get the discord invite for Undead Quest? Never go into it for one reason or another

>>
>>1795702

>>
>>1795702
short range moving
>>
>>1795702
>>
>>1795702
>>Shoot at short range (moving)
>>
Cursed, will gunslinger quest ever come back?
>>
>>1795702
while we are here, we should see if that sniper can give us any tips for the weapons we have, or ways to make our weapons better, or better cared for.
>>
>>1795702
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

let's flip a coin
>>
>>1796044
for what reason are you flippin
>>
cursed when/if we get the meele weapon opgrade can we ask them to make af specific weapon or can we only choose betwen a selection of weapons
>>
>>1797637
I'd like to see our arm servos/ hydraulics upgraded to fill tip and tear status.
>>
>>1797754
i am talking about the upgrade were we can get a dedicated meele weapon like a axe or a hammer
>>
>>1797764
Not wanting a lance
>>
>>1797764
Consider taking our mechs hands and upper body. Refining them for close combat. All the weight and scrap of the weapon invested into plates knuckles and taloned fingers. Think combat gauntlet?
>>
>>1797909
From an engineering standpoint, it will not be nearly as effective as a axe or hammer
>>
Cursed is banned.
>>
>>1798247
What an absolute scrub
>>
>>1798247
how did he get banned
>>
>>1798315
Ban evasion.
>>
>>1798333
do you know how long he is banned for
>>
>>1798340
Nope, he should be in Star's discord if you want more details.
>>
>>1798387
link plox?
>>
did they ever find out who continue that side quest with the German soldier we killed
>>
>>1801158
that was me. I had to stop due to real life. If i have time later tonight/ tomorrow ill pick it back up. Thing is i already intruded once via gust QM in cursed's undeadquest, and again here. each time the goal was to be unobtrusive and just entertain the crowd until he got back. I have not actually talked to cursed, nor know what discord he is in to do so, and would prefer that before going any further. so if he has a word on it, or otherwise, or a discord link. cool
>>
>>1801884
thanks for the clarification i was just a little confused about who was running the side quest
cause you and Malchemist was talking about him taking it over
sorry if the grammar is bad
>>
>>1798387
can I get a link?
I'd like to talk to the man, if possible
>>
>>1808153
Dont think Cursed is gonna be making any quests for a while.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.