[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wicked Waters Quest 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 4

File: surprise.png (944KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
surprise.png
944KB, 1600x900px
Rolled 79 (1d100)

Last time our young protagonist a shipwright decides to take the letter his grandfather game him to the Company. Who hired up and then transferred him to the new world. However before he left he tried to see the execution of a Sea Witch. Only for the city to come under attack through the fog. On the way to the square he ran into a group of very lost undead pirates. After that he changed his mind and went back until his ship left for the colony.

When he arrived at the colony after getting himself settled and meeting some important people. He received a mysterious ingot from a privateer admiral and then he successfully achieves a major breakthrough in regards to protecting ships against sea monsters.

Thus continues the adventures of a shipwright in the new world. Where monsters tread, the natives are restless, and magic is real.
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>1775099
What do?
>Keep on hiding
>To the company HQ
>Try to sneak off
>Back to work
>Other?

>>1744629
old thread.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>1775099
>>To the company HQ
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>1775230
Support
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>1775105
>To the Company HQ
Time to reap our pseudo just rewards!
>>
>>1775099
So, quick question OP. You keep hinting at the grandfather being some important figure. Was there a quest were he was the main character or in it?
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>1775099
>>To the company HQ
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

So why is everyone wanting to sail back to the company HQ?

>>1775105
>Back to work
We got native folk to talk to about iron wood. Assuming we are not a one hit wonder and can do something to open trade with them.
>>
>>1775656
I think there is supposed to be a company HQ on the island.
>>
File: 1458932053687.jpg (267KB, 596x734px) Image search: [Google]
1458932053687.jpg
267KB, 596x734px
>>1775934
Ah, my bad for assuming it was over seas part.

Still not sure what we gain from going. We seemed to already get the people we need for the improvement. We should get to work and test our idea.
>>
>>1776033
We get our ego stroked and we can ask for support getting those metal trees conquered
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>1776037
>Ego
Eh, not my style.

>Tree support
Hm, we should probably do more research into them first. We have two leads to work on. Like the bugs that live around the tree and the natives that know more about them.

If we have a path picked. Then i'm down for support gaining. Even then we should still work on refitting the ships before moving on to a new job.
>>
>>1776033
>>1776055
Pretty sure we may have enough weight now that our harebrained idea for the saws to cut down the tree will be allowed.
>>
>>1776060
Yeah, which is a amazing for the, like, week we've been here. Still we can at least try for cheaper and maybe better ways. I feel it's bad form to work on one idea and not try for others.
>>
>>1776090
We're all friends here Anon. We're gonna pitch all of our ideas to HQ and request support, which we'll probably get, to test them out
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1776124
>Friends
Yeah?

>Ideas & support
We can build up ideas and test them a bit before asking for support, unless we need money.

I'm pushing for doing and then asking. Not asking with just thoughts and nothing to show for it. That doesn't feel right to me. We already have the support for the ship upgrades. If the long post about people knowing what we did is enough to go by. So I saw no reason to go to HQ and wish we would go to work and get our job done. Once the ships are upgraded we can then have free time to test new ideas and ready a doc to gain new support for the next thing (iron trees).
>>
I hope you will be fine and feel better when you get back Genie
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1775360
There was the option for it but it never came up. One of my earlier quests had the option of running into him if they just to stick it out.

>>1776033
So long as the idea you have isn't too insane you don't really need to get permission. At this point for the company it as if the holy grail got delivered to to their doorstep as a final gift of a 'fuck you guys I am STILL just that fucking good' from your grandfather.

At this point the younger generation in the company is realizing there was a reason why their forebears were completely awed by him. Like seriously you came out the fucking blue holding a letter that meant 'nepotism we don't even get to charge him for it edition'. Only for it turn out that your fucking genius who got delivered to them by a bad ass retiree as a final 'hahah still got it motherfuckers' last message from the grave.

>>1776090
More like a couple weeks. It took about a week for them to test the new ships out properly and a few days to do the actual work(most of which was actually putting things together rather then the work itself). After that the news had to reach the old world and you have yet to get word from the old world. As is the local company HQ doesn't dare try to get in your way much lest they get taken care of by the world HQ itself.

The main HQ itself is naturally celebrating while everyone else is kicking themselves while mired in deep regret as they open their treasuries for the no doubt extortionist prices the Company is going to gauge them for.

The MC just became a very important personage instead of 'that guy who was related to that famous person'. Expect to get hit by a constant deluge of invitations and people trying even harder to introduce you to their no doubt very attractive female relatives.

Surprised nobody has asked about that first letter the MC's grandfather gave out.

>>1776124
You can get away with an awful lot now. Not to mention the company is busy calculating just how much your worth now and they haven't even begun on how much they should invest in you. Or the rewards they should give you.

Expect INSANE amounts of money.

The company is stupid level rich and are about to make a lot of money even by their standards.

They will also transfer some properties over to you. Both in the new world and in the old world. Land is very valuable and the company has leveraged it into providing serious wealth and power. One of the reasons why they are so stupidly rich is due to them owning entire chains of spice islands where they hold plantations crewed by slaves.

>>1776124
Its going to be very hard for them to turn you down from now on. The reason why they gave in the first time was it honestly wasn't going to cost much in resources to try out and they were hitting massive deadends for YEARS upon YEARS. So they were more then a little desperate for a breakthrough of any kind at that point.

>>1776169
Your a carpenter and trained shipwright. Meaning your guy isn't by any means dumb.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>1776930
By todays standards you would be considered an engineer and bodybuilder. Your fucking RIPPED in terms of muscles but back then shipwrights despite being very well educated were all ripped due to the very nature of their profession. So the MC has both the brain and the brawn. With soon to be massive amounts of money in the bank and firm Company backing for whatever and forever. They are your newest and biggest fans.

>>1775240
You decide to head off to the company HQ. Probably to see what you squeeze out of them for benefits and covering whatever new ideas you come up with. Not like they were going to turn you down...and besides you STILL haven't got any bonuses or benefits so what gives?

Not to mention how likely is it going to be for anyone to bother you there of all places? Hahah this is a Corporate Chartered Company Colony! Totally not due to you getting tired of being in the house and bothered everywhere else. This is before word finally gets back from the old world...

What do?
>Go see someone about a new idea of yours
>Ask about your reward for services rendered
>Hide out in the HQ
>See about how your work is spreading
>Other?
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>1776941
>>See about how your work is spreading
>>Other?
Not everyone knows what we look like so get around finding out BEFORE we reveal who we are and prove it.

>Ask about your reward for services rendered
Then do this but in better, kinder and firmer words. After all with such an increace in profit and such a wide spread thing, why a young man such as ourselves will be head hunted before they know it. They know it and we know it
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>1776941
>>Other?
Ask for pocket money and traveling gear. Then hitch a ride on the next trader heading out to the natives. We can take our swole body and mind out for a bit. I doubt we will get much freedom soon. So lets get to know our neighbors.
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>1777000
Can't argue with those digits ill switch to support
Though im sorry about my nat 1 this happens whenever I try to help
>>
Someone give me a rundown of this autism and why is everyone namefags and rolling
>>
>>1777098
You don't have to namefag. Just a habit some of us have picked up. Godzilla and Rust have been playing Genie's quest for years as have I.

Genies system runs on rolls. Its preferable to roll with every vote.

Right now we're playing Not!Cutler Becket who is a ship designer and carpenter in the 1800s as magic is being discovered and trying to use it to gain much money and much power. We recently discovered a way to make ships less likely to be eaten by sea monsters and thats already made us really influential in the Company, the wealthy organization we work for.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>1777000
>>1777005
I will vote for this for now, but I think later sometime we need to go to Company HQ proper and patent our idea.
>>
>>1777755
I'm sure the company has patents on it already. They will make bank on our behalf. Not like they'll try to say it's their idea. After all the king of the empire knows we did it and others.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>1777000
"So...what happened to our VIP master craftsman?"

"He uh...went to visit the natives. Went with a trader and just sorta left."

"...and you LET HIM."

"How were we suppose to stop him besides he has those bodyguards so he should be fine."

"You any IDEA what those big HQ assholes are going to do to us when they find out? Fuck all we had to do was NOT put him at risk and look at what you fucking idiots did. Just walk out of here with money and gear. Now your going to drag us ALL down with you fucking morons."

Meanwhile you followed a 'trader' who had nothing but some packmules and a few trappers with him.

"Uh...so whats with the lack of guards? I thought the natives here were a nasty bunch," you asked the trader as you all set out.

"Hah as if guards can protect you against their pet monsters. Trust me on this your just throwing money away at that point. Best kind of protection I found is guides and hunters/trappers. Particularly the trappers are better because they are less likely to do something stupid and more clever. As for the natives being a nasty bunch...well the adage about common enemies and neighbors of your foes being your greatest possible allies still applies. Truth is its only the natives closest to us that are the most hostile. Once you get beyond their turf they become a much more agreeable bunch. Trouble is...well you have to go through all that hostile territory before you can even get to the ones who wont sic their monsters on you at first sight."

"So they wouldn't happen to have pet sea monsters now do they?"

"The coastal and islander ones do. The inland tribes prefer their land monsters for obvious reasons."

"Hm...so wait you brought up a guide but I uh...don't see anyone."

"That's because we meet Rask a ways away from the colony," explains a trapper. "He don't like the city at all but the good news is he hates is own kind more then he hates us outsiders."

"What gives with him then?"

"He's an outcast apparently he committed some crimes and got thrown out for it. Now he gets payback by helping us."

"So our guide is a criminal?"

"More or less just uh...whatever you do don't ask him why he hates his own kind, why got thrown out, or why he works for us outsiders. I don't think anyone has figured out the reason for the last one."

"So you figured out the other two?"

"Translator did. Rask got caught breaking certain taboos regarding their holy rites and beast whispering. Rask hates them because of their obsession with beasts. Guy REALLY likes plants apparently and hates animals. No shit he doesn't get along with his own kind and vice versa."

"Plants? Really? So does he like...have pet plant monsters?"

"Well it depends on your views of mobile plants can still be considered plants," says the trader as he stops before a seemingly normal tree that suddenly shudders and rips itself out of the ground. Revealing a tunnel and a figure coming down from it. Climbing out you saw your first native the Outcast Rask.
>>
>>1778605
Oh boy a plant whisper. I'll hold back probing him about the trees for a later time.
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>1778605
Rask had his hair intertwined with vines. His clothing was made of leather but covered in wooden plates arranged in an overlapping fashion with the bark still attached. It apeared to be held to together by yet more vines. Except there was some kind of strange...weblike substance covering much of it. Along with some twigs, leaves, and even flowers scattered here or there.

He also wore a large wooden mask that was decorated in strange markings and strangely the mask didn't appear to have anything to hold it in place yet it never fell off. In his hand meanwhile he carried a strange stave that appeared to be a peculiar mix of bone and plant that was somehow held together. In his other hand meanwhile he held a pouch containing who knows what.

"Hm...new stranger same as old stranger but...different yes," speaks Rask with a strange heavy accent has he seemingly takes a closer look at you...with the mask that had no eyeholes only ones that were carved in there.

the mask was so strange it almost made you miss the kind of wood the wooden armor was made of...almost. You were shocked to realize those wooden plates were eerily similar to ironwood.

"You...you...is that ironwood?"

"Ironwood? Hm suppose that is your name for plant, but yes."

"Ho...how did you make armor out of it?"

"Same way all things are made by man, through crafting. Strange outsider cannot notice obvious."

You were dying to ask him how such a thing was accomplished.

"This time path we take must change. Tribes locations have changed. Adjusts need be made."

"Ah great yet another fucking detour. I swear if I didn't know any better I would think you were doing this on purpose to keep us from memorizing your routes."

"Heh even if outsider knows route will not know when route is safe or best detour. This time we follow river into mountains. Go through valleys climb a couple of peaks."

"God it better not be those high peaks again..."

"High peaks not safe. Breeding season for certain monsters and plants be sleepy. Terrible idea this time of year. Now this way."

What do?
>Study the route
>take a closer look at these...plant monsters?
>Keep quiet
>Go back
>Talk to someone
>Other?
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1778722
>take a closer look at these...plant monsters?
Just a sorta cursery glance, maybe get a pet Snapling (its like a sapling but it snaps flies and stuff?
>Talk to someone
Talk to our guide sparingly as to not distract him, once we've worked him out ask how he make the plates
>>
File: 1461727241899.jpg (61KB, 900x454px) Image search: [Google]
1461727241899.jpg
61KB, 900x454px
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>1775099
Saved it this time for people to read up later.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1744629/
>Tags: Golden ticket, 1800esk, Exploring New world, Genie, Swole of body and mind

>>1778786
I'll back ya if we have time to study the route. I would hate to get split up and not have some idea of where to keep going.
>>
>>1778852
This, we should know where we want to go
>>
>>1776941
We also need to make sure we have a nice little nest egg for us when we retire, so the company doesn't stiff us when it comes time for us to move on
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>1780006
Well unless we become a big spender. We should be covered for a nice live style.

>>1778722
>Study the route
Best to know our way, just in case.

With time left I would like to follow with >>1778786
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1778786
Well with a cursory look there appeared to be a shambling bush. A walking tree that you start to think may not be just one tree or is somekind of shapeshifter given how it appears to change.

the guide for his part would somehow find paths that weren't there and that somehow those paths disappeared behind you. Consumed once more by the forest. After seeing this for awhile you really begin to think either this guy is absurdly good guide or the forest...is alive. Somehow in someway.

Your attempts to talk with him are largely stiffled by the language barrier...not to mention the creepy mask. Seriously how the hell does it stay on and how does he see where he's going with that thing on?

Fortunately there was a translator nearby who helped you out.

"Plates like fish. Fish has scales like lizard yet is not a lizard. The same is true for they seem to be a tree...yet not a tree. they sprout leaves and seeds like a plant...but are not a plant."

"Same is true for making these plates and holds the secret to how you can make things from it too."

...Well talk about a confusing as fuck riddle. Like a fish and a lizard has scales but isn't the other? How the hell does that contain the solution to making those plates from an ironwood?

"Yeah might as well give up now. We still haven't figured out if he just really likes riddles, is actually really wise, or just likes fucking with people," says a trapper covered in furs.

"Yeah should see how he explains his ability to find hidden paths," comments another.

"So wait...those ironwoods aren't actually trees? There is some way to make things from them...but not with carpentry? How the fuck is that suppose to help me."

"Heheh you cut wrong way and expect to give way like it should. Like following creature paths in the woods. Is path the most effective because it is so obvious? Plants know better. Animals do not."

That was when you finally saw the river as you went through a glade. You've heard it rumbling for awhile now but now you see it first hand. Swelling, roaring, and thick and angry. Pushing towards the sea.

"Water flows. Either harshly or softly but it always flows. Wind blows but can be still unlike water. Earth rumbles angrily or stills silently. The key to ironwood is knowing it is neither iron or wood but is like both but not."

What do?
>Puzzle on the riddle
>Talk with someone else
>keep an eye on the trail
>Take a closer look at the plant monsters
>Other?
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>1780381
>Puzzle on the riddle
So... the tree bark is like scales. You have to cut at the correct angle. Maybe the tree is a like a land leech.

I'll work more on this thought later.
>>
>>1780485
>>1780381
>puzzle on riddle
So it's like a tree and like iron but is neither, so if it is not a plant than it could be an animal, or possibly a fungus... maybe not a living thing at all, I recall that there is some strange slimes at the roots, maybe the "tree" is a waste product of some underground beast.
Also we are cutting it wrong? The carpenters have tried using picks so it's not that they have to be mined... so what about if we do just the opposite. It was said earlier that the trees don't do well in environments that trees normally thrive, maybe soil is some how used in the process. Honestly I am stumped and I love it. I'm going to stay trying to figure this out.

Neither metal or wood... maybe treat it like stone?
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>1780622
>>1780485
>>1780381
Forgot dice
>>
>>1780485
I think the scales comment was a metaphor, but he does seem to have the wood carved into plates so maybe..

I'm starting to think it's not carved at all, maybe eroded? By some other natural substance or maybe by being submerged in moving water?
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>1780485
>>1780622
I concur...maybe we're looking at this the wrong way...what if we try "descaling the iron Woods" like you do a fish....the "scales"/Bark may be hard but you can pull pry them off the softer tissue within?
>>
>>1780986
Or maybe we can split them down the rings, making partial tubes of a sort.
>>
>>1780485
>>1780662
Maybe try water being shot against the tree? Like when they do it against hillsides to clear/mine it. Only other way I can think to erode it would be through wind.

Just want to point out if we come back with the ability to actually mine/process the iron trees I don't think they will ever stop us from doing anything random.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>1781848
>>
>>1780381
things to try with the ironwood: put it in water for a while (maybe it will get soft); heat it carefully (perhaps it will be like wax)

Genie, thank you for creating this quest. I can't take part from home, only from work, because my IP range is blocked.

How do dice work in this quest? Do you take best of three? Do we have to beat your roll?

In the story threads with talking I have problems understanding who is saying what, could you please tell who is taking when?
>>
>>1780381
>>Puzzle on the riddle

I do however support this:>>1782076

We should also see how it reacts to acids and bases
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>1780485
Bark like scales...it need to cut at the correct angle? Come to think of it you recall that they used to picks to peal off the bark and never actually cut it. Is it perhaps possible...the ironwood needs to be cut a specific way?

>>1780622
Maybe its not even really a tree to begin with. Given its very strange growing habits and inability to grow in normal soil. Perhaps the key is in the soil and slime coated roots? In order to be as hard as iron it would have to...acquire it from somewhere right? In the soil...but how is that suppose to help you? Would explain why the plant can't ordinary soil.

>>1780662
It's known that there are some kind of animals or monsters that munch on them.

>>1780986
Ironwood is as hard as iron. even when relying upon gem crusted tools the problem is the tool material is iron too. So even with the gem support they get break rather quickly.

>>1781224
certainly an idea.

You ponder on the riddle when it suddenly hits you. Rings...like scales you gotta cut it the right way. There are monsters that eat them and its root system is strange. The monsters that eat them must have a way to process them! Rings...the bark. The scales. You got to cut it a certain way.

The only possible weakness of which is the RINGS!

Think about it the trees are debarked by using picks to stab at the tree between the bark and wood!

That's the Ironwoods only weakness the RINGS! So the trick is to cut between the rings...to 'peel' the tree by not cutting it has a tree but peeling it like it were an onion. Thereby bypassing much of its natural defenses...

Those monsters that eat them...they must possess a way to process them.

but if you peel the ironwood like an onion...the planks wouldn't be very thick. Would have to figure out a way to use them. Maybe glue them back together again? Would increase the thickness...but it would need to be strong.

You were thus lost in thought for much of the journey even as you stopped to establish camp and sleep. You sat there for hours pondering before going to your sleeping bag to sleep and tomorrow the next day came.

What do?
>Go talk with the wise Rask
>Take another look at the plant monsters
>Head back to the colony
>Keep tagging along
>Other?

>>1782076
a 1d100 is required in order for a vote to count. Its best of three. My own rolls I use for various things.
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>1782795
>>Go talk with the wise Rask
Ask about the animals that eat the Ironwood trees
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>1782795
Ask what the slime on the roots is used for as well as the animals that eat the trees
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1782795
Many questions. I hope we'll under stand your answers.

Info about the bugs we know live around the iron trees.

Supporting these questions as well.
>>1782832
>>1782843

Then I would like to step back from the trees and ask about his people, if it's alright to do so. Since we are neighbors I would like to be friendly. Know what not to say, gift ideas and so on.
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>1782832
>>1782843
Supporting, get what outsider information we can
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>1782832
"Metal Mites eat Ironwoods from their colonies of metal. Bill Bird eats its seeds. While the Koro eats its leaves.Durgen likes the roots. Mortu a tribal favorites rips its branches out to devour them. But only the mighty Krishiku eats the entire plant whole. Rips it out out the ground and devours it. Beware the Krishiku for while it loves the taste of plant it is as aggressive as any predator."

>>1782843
"Ironwoods have friends. Especially in the earth of which only one of its kind hates the ironwood and attacks it roots. Those slimes like that which like what it does not. The ironwood is greedy always digging deeper and deeper with roots that hunger."

>>1782897
"Many bugs like the ironwood for the protection it offers. Same with birds. Provides much refuge to both, but beware the Hell Hornet Hives and the Beedrill Hives. Along with the wriggling metal worms. You who like metal will find much to loathe about them especially. Ironwood is strong and mighty but it fears not the big predators the most but rather the small ones."

"Hm my people...love the beast inside them all and seek to live like it. They ignore the plants in exchange for blood and battle. They are fierce fighters and no not what it means to have a home. You outsiders think they are weak like those other tribes you dealt with...but you would be very wrong."

"For they are not Men they are Beasts who live among Monsters."

"Then what's so special about you?"

This makes Rask go silent for a period of time and pause before he puts his hand on a tree. "People...my people weren't always as beasts. Once long ago we knew the glories of the plants and home, but one day the gods became angry with us. Cast us down to writhe among animals. Took away our homes. Disaster it was upon disaster. No more home. No more plant friends. In order to survive people became like animals...and in order to thrive like they did in the days of old. They forgot the old ways and became like Beasts."

"Those Old Gods are no more...and only the long living plants recall those old humans. Rask...Rask one day found ruins when playing about as a child. Stumbled upon special spring that sang. Rask drank from said spring but never found said spring again. Suddenly Rask could understand the singing of the forests. The soft song of the rustling grass. The chanting of the bush. Even the bird song and the speech of beast roars. Most of all Rask understood the Silence of the Stone and the rumbling speech of earth. Bubbling of the Creeks and roar of the river. Of the song of seas."

"Rask learned the speech of beast and plant. Knew that songs of earth, water, and wind also exist. Even Fire had its own song."

"Sadly the spring waters of song was temporary...but after it wore off. Rask knew it existed. Rask know masters of monsters and shamans knew beast speech. Rask knew since he heard songs then he could find out their meaning."

"Old plants and earth sang of old homes and peoples."
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>1783039
"Plant friends sang sad songs of old friends who could no longer Sing. Rock of ruins sang of their old makers. A silent song of Sadness. Beasts sang of hunger and sex. Of battle and slumber. Of Loss and death. Bird sing like wind but understandably and less flighty. Water always sings but still water as the deepest song. Fire cackles a song to its dying breath."

"Rask terrible at understanding those songs of earth, fire, water, and air. Beasts only sing sometimes...but the plants. They do not move. So they cannot just get visit. Instead they sing together so all can hear. They are very chatty even more then birds but not as flighty. Plants never stop singing. Even as they fall and die. To their very last breath of life they sing."

"Not easy understanding plant song as human as they never stop. Easy to practice. Beast song is easy but unreliable."

"Of my people...they sing same songs as beasts. So like beasts they are easily impressed by mighty feats and simple gifts. They care not for money unable to see its meaning and utility. They do understand Barter. Your people think they easily beaten...they will soon learn the hard way."

"Not even the Monsters were able to defeat us. So what do they have to fear of Man? Should of stayed with the weaklings so you could feel strong. For my people are not by any means weak."

What do?
>Take another look at the plant monsters
>Head back to the colony
>Keep tagging along
>Other?
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>1783080
>>Keep tagging along
There is much to still learn about this land
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1783080
>Head back to the colony
Take what we have learnt while we can. offer Rask some support, he is a good man. Maybe write him a little note so that if he ever needs to he can come see us and be let in. he seems like a top bloke. Ask if he'd like anything should we meet again
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1783080
>Keep tagging along
"Rask you seem to be a good person. I hope to learn more from you and possibly your people. I'm a shipwright by trade. I hope to make use of the knowledge gained in this trip for new ideas."

>For my people are not by any means weak.
"I am not the type to think people are weak. Since we each have our way to live. Which makes us strong in our own respectable way. Maybe I can see it person, the strength gained from surviving in this land. Would it be possible to do on good terms?"

--------------------

Not sure of our character's personalty. I'm hoping to get some face time with the natives of beast. Since the company wants a path through this area and are willing to fight for it. I think we can at least get some understanding of the land from them. We are a strong man and have some brains. So I'm hoping we can win some trust from them. If we are lucky or become like our grandpa. We can stop a fight from happening and make peace or something favorable.
>>
>>1782795
Hah I knew I could figure it out.
Praise me.
>>
>>1783265
Vote

>>1783265
I think his personality is a bit more subdued, not an adventure type really but not Without wanderlust. I would think this little excursion is outiside of his comfort zone but he knew that he had to in order to learn enough to make his breakthrough on the wood. He is a curious and eager to learn, sharp as a tack as well but he knows he is no fighter or leader. He is a damned good shipwright, maybe an inventor, but he does what he does well and with passion. The second he found out about that letter he knew what he was doing with it. On that didn't we get a second letter we need to read?
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>1783265
Dice
>>
>>1784240
To my understanding there was two letters our grandpa sent out. We got one of those. Unless you mean letters from people who want us to pick their lady.
>>
>>1784273
This>>1776930
>>
>>1784273
There was also the letter of introduction for meeting the colony's top people.
>>
>>1784277
>Like seriously you came out the fucking blue holding a letter that meant 'nepotism we don't even get to charge him for it edition'.
This? If so that was the one from grandpa we used for this venture into the new world.
>>
>>1784283
>Surprised nobody has asked about that first letter the MC's grandfather gave out.
That part
>>
>>1784377
We don't have that letter. So we can't read it.

We can ask about it later on.
>>
>>1784396
We should do the thing genie thinks we should do like 92% of the time
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>1783080
Looks like we gotta tie. Still no tiebreaker? Guess I gotta wait till tomorrow then.

>>1783351
"In good terms? No they are all a bunch of beasts wearing a man's skin. Your people are actually right about the need to kill them all for this land. As I rather doubt they will take to slavery. Not that my kin haven't tried that on each other. Never worked. It's why what slaves they have are always Outsiders."

"Hm...thinking of it that way its at least beasts can be tamed. Maybe your kin are right in calling them monsters who wear a man's skin. Not sure why you people chose to settle in these cursed lands. There are other much better lands around then these here."

>>1784278
It was used when you went around greeting them.

>>1784474
Hey now I just thought it was a rather obvious plot hook.

>>1784273
There are indeed two. You received one but there was another before yours. Those letters are EXTREMELY valuable to the right people and nobody really understood why he gave you the second letter of all people he could of chosen. You have many brothers, sisters, and even more cousins who could of gotten the letter. Even aunts and uncles can be included in that list. Most people thought it at the time just a result of his mind slipping away while he was on his deathbed.

Obviously now they are thinking very differently.

Your family didn't really talk much about who got the first one, but you could tell they held quite a grudge about it. All you really know about it is you had a uncle who got it and he gave it to a Throne...but not your King's Throne.
>>
>>1783080
>>Head back to the colony
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>1783080
>>Head back to the colony
Since it would seem unlikely favorable to talk to the monster people.
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>1783265
You decide to head back to the colony. Fortunately all you had to do was follow the river. Unfortunately you severely underestimated how long that would take. The guide's route was a mere day and a half. It took you and your guards over 5 days before finally returning to the colony. Fortunately for you they were experienced with such activities. Though they were caught off guard by all the monsters...huge creatures. Some flew. Others dug and attacked from below. They can in all shapes and sizes. From giant overgrown lizard things to huge insects that attack in swarms.

It was fucking hell and that was without even getting into the weather! Either blazing hot or soaking wet. Freezing cold the wet kind that sank deep into your bones or hot thick heat that felt like you were breathing in steam.

Finally though you returned not nearly as handsome looking as before and the guards laughed at seeing you start to run when you finally sighted the colony.

Home...sweet delicious home.

What do?
>Take a rest
>Report to the HQ
>Get to work on those ideas you have
>Work on something else
>Other?
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>1786298
>>Report to the HQ
We should request a large hunting party so we can go and bag us some of those animals that feast on the trees
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1786298
>Report to the HQ
We have learnt things, now we put them into practice.
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1786583
>>1786333
>>1786298
>report to hq
Test the tree ring splitting theory, even if the "planks" are too thin for construction I can see them being used for fashion or luxury, new world materials are exotic and opulent, ironwood flooring, ironwood bassinets, ironwood shoulder pads for fashion or even light armors... let's get some commerce going.
>>
File: shieeet.jpg (92KB, 639x670px) Image search: [Google]
shieeet.jpg
92KB, 639x670px
>>1786797
W E W
E
W
>>
>>1786797
>>1786800
Oh my
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1786298
>>Get to work on those ideas you have
>>
>>1786800
I wouldn't get too excited, I may have just broke the quest, after this we may be too important to have any fun.
>>
>>1786837
Already time to retire ;')
>>
>>1786844
And we need to make sure to get one of those dope letters for one our grandkids
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>1786797
"Ah HE'S RETURNED AND HE LOOKS FINE," shouts a company worker upon seeing you.

"Eh whats with the strange welcome committee," you ask to no one in particular.

"Well you sorta did just up and vanished on them with no warning. Deep into the heart of a foreign land full of hostile lives and you are very important."

"...Yeah I suppose makes sense. Oops about the whole...forgetting to say where I was going."

"You did that on purpose. Otherwise they never would of let you just leave."

"Say what do you think the look on their faces is going to be like when I tell them about who I figured out the solution to those Ironwoods? Ooh I can't WAIT!"

----
small amount of time later at a VERY IMPORTANT MEETING! SEE ALL CAPS ITS SO IMPORTANT EDITION!

"And THAT'S how I figured out the solution to dealing with the ironwoods. Currently the only problem that remains is the small stuff except for 1 thing. We still got figure out how to layer them properly as this point the planks we can produce are going to be rather thin. Any questions?"

"..."

Nothing but gaping mouths and bulging eyes.

"Say would now be a good time to bring up my benefits? How about my pay?"

"I uh...well...um...we'll need to get a hold of...the top for that. Way above our paygrade at this point."

"Oh come on this is TWICE now. I haven't even found out what I was getting the first time!"

"...Good god is this going to be a regular thing from now on," sighs an older gentlemen rubbing his face.

"I sure as hell hope not," says mutters another.

Some time later at your current residence you stared at your workshop. Staring at your collection of glues and ironwood planks. Only to be interrupted by some light knocking as your butler whose name you still haven't bothered to ask for came through the door.

"Ah sir we just got word from the old world."

"Wooh really about time. Say have they figuredd out what they are gonna reward me for this second time?"

"...Sir those reports are still in transit to the old world. This is from the first time."

"Ohh...damn."

"And stop staring towards inland. Your getting everyone nervous that your going to go on one of your...walks."

"Oh come on that only happened once...maybe."

What do?
>Take another one of your walks after all it worked last time
>Look at the letters
>Go to the shipyards to work
>Meet with increasingly annoying yet important people
>Other?

>>1786837
Eh...not completely broken but well...you'll see.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>1787221
Alright here is another option.

OPTIONAL VICTORY!

Gain 1 fate point and victory boon of your choice. Best of all these are no ORDINARY benefits! They carry over between quests.

If you choose to accept you get those rewards and a prologue of the still nameless protag being absurdly rich and utterly brilliant shipwright/inventor. Basically pulling off shit is granddaddy did but in a very different manner.

Due to his amazingly good shape he even lives a long time in good health. In that regard he beat his grandfather. He ends up with an great wife and many...many super hot mistresses on the side till the day he dies.

OR you can continue with this quest. Possibly pulling even greater feats(and post quest awards that carry over) or...suffer from a tragic end(in which case you get NOTHING but your own sadness, guilt, and regret).
>>
>>1787258
Genie... I think the cirts are to strong. Granted we did have a lot of stacks from our hero helping.
>>
>>1787325
Upside I think this would be our fastest victory yet.

Tho to be honest I would love to see this play out a bit longer.
>>
>>1787258
I say we give him the optional Victory, we did it lads. He's gonna be set for life after all of this.
>>
>>1787334
Let him go, we don't wanna ruin this for him. He's set up now. If we keep playing stuff can go wrong.
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>1787325
Nah the crit just took it over the edge(barely).

If you keep playing though...well lets just say you no have a VERY large target painted on your back and the Genie loves its extremely complicated and in depth plots.

With how important the MC is going to be things are going to change. I already heavily hinted at it before but its going to get a lost worse and other new problems are going to crop up.

Now if anons wanna keep going the inventor/genius route I can do that again. It's just eventually people are going to take notice and they will do things.

That's how it works.

Genie's Realm isn't one of bubbles. So don't ever expect it to be like that.

Basically anons gotta choose if they are willing to gamble on whether or not they can handle it and achieve greater things.
>>
>>1787536
Dont gamble with the Genie on this....this guy has beat the house just this once, kinda like Detonator...don't throw it away lads.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>1787536
So accept the victory?
Y/N?

if no

see >>1787221

If Yes see below

>Tactics
>Dungeon Keeper
>Genius
>Fantasy Homestead
>Brood War
>Sci Fi Pirates
>Other?

Should have enough votes to lock
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>1787615
Detonator literally broke the power level. We could challenge the main factions solo. If we made a good crew we could likely win.

We haven't even touched it with this guy. Right now we just made our name really mean more than that letter. We can accept what we have done. We can just take it and leave. Tho I wonder when we will try out more of the deep plots. Then just walk in to break them like the dump lucky basted we are.

Yet this was fun and we got to think a bit. Good work out for the next time we fight craptastic odds.

>>1787619
>Y
Yeah why not. Take the win and snow ball into something bigger.

>Other
I still want to do a x-com style game before the brood war. I feel that would be a good warm up to that.

Tho I'll be down for most things.
>>
>>1787670
That would go under TACTICS.

Its basically going to be...like okay really X-Com. Except different setting possibly fantasy. On the plus side in a tactics game you will have multiple characters under your control. Meaning you can afford losses.

Just beware those brand new recruits aren't going to be so good...or your going have to pay out the ass to get a merc(see someone who doesn't SUCK).

Brood War is basically after character dies a new one is rolled up to replace them. It's possible to climb the ranks but...difficult. As the Brood couldn't care less about casualties and humanity is getting its ass kicked.

I will admit I still haven't really figured out how I am going to do research though in a proper X-Com style game. So its going to more X-Com lite. Hence I decided to call it Tactics instead of X-Com.
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>1787718
As soon as I figure out how to do Research in a proper small tactics game like X-Com. X-Com game options will be properly available.

Its just tricky figuring out something between personal research and large scale research which is what X-Com style games require.

On the plus side you will be completely able to loot bodies for their goodies and the actual remains for research(though live samples are obviously best and the worse shape they're in the less valuable).
>>
>>1787670
>>1787718
>>1787727
Hey Genie how would you feel about a little bit of a more structured campaign? Like We're a Corp Security Trooper or something. Play as a dude involved in a bigger story, we're trying to protect assets or our boss or whatever Maybe just maintaining security of an area? Maybe we're a head of security who tries to keep things locked down? Do we peak and risk our neck for peaking, do we fail and get replaced? do we just do our job until Corp achieves X goal?
>>
>>1787619
>Y

I feel personally responsible for getting us this win
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>1787619
Looks like accepting the victory wins.

In that case what are the votes for a new quest shall be?

>>1787848
X-Com games are rather structured in that you formed to deal with X threats. Brood War is also rather organized into a proper campaign.

Beyond that I would have to come up with something depending on what the players choose. I can cook up the necessary plots and stuff.
>>
>>1787619
>>Tactics
This could be fun
>>
>>1788335
>>Brood War
>>
>>1788335
>Kiaju island quest
>>
>>1788335
So 2 votes for tactics...and 1 for brood war. I'll admit I was expecting more votes.This is just sad.
>>
>>1789765
Godzilla said it best. If you want more people at a time. Give us a date (or at least give some heads up you are active for a period of time).

Otherwise you will deal with sporadic times of active players.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>1790108
Specific dates I can't due to health concerns as its unpredictable. I give heads up if I got doctor stuff to do(as in which case there is 0 posting I can due to travel and other stuff). I can work on other kinds of heads up.

In this case I do try and stick to my tradition of new quest following right after the old quest. Usually due to lengthy creation and voting blocks. Takes time so its best to do it as soon as possible and hopefully not waste a normal game day. At least that was the original reason. Now...guess I do it more for tradition then anything else.

As for quest times I try to get in as much as I can as there may come the day I am just not able anymore. That and it helps keep my mind off certain things. So uh...best I could do is stating how long i can think I can last on a daily basis.

Currently I am good for some hours yet. Mostly due to chronic insomnia.
>>
>>1790311
Well fucking hell Genie, don't let 4chan questing be the death of you
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>1790311
Thanks and best wishes still to ya.

---

So who else is here and what game type do we wish to do?

I'm currently still backing Tactics.
>>
I forgot this wasn't like the Skype or discord channel. Can't expect quick replies.
>>
>>1790653
I'm backing tactics too
>>
>>1790507
Preexisting health problems. Quests give me something to do. Help pass the time and make sure I don't think about how my life isn't really worth living.

>>1790786
I had some channels but then QM curse hit me and I need to bring them back again already.
>>
Wait wait wait you guys aren't giving up on THIS quest are you?
Noooooooooooo!

oh wait. We won?

Oh that's great! Woohoo!

>>1791278
We did win right Genie?
>>
>>1791989
If you accept the offer then yes which apparently most anons are voting for. So throw in your vote for what you want in the next quest.
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>1787619
Alright since most votes are for tactics this doesn't mean a lock but if it DOES get locked see the below options. As I am about to crash and if there isn't a turn around, then this is the last thing I need to know before I start the next quest.

>Post Apoc Tactics
You are a small group trying to survive in the Post Fallen World.

>Sci Fi Tactics
Aliens have invaded and it went about as well as you could expect for the large governments. Now its up to the little guy to resist.

>Fantasy Tactics
You are in control of an Adventurer Guild.
>>
>>1792293
>Sci Fi Tactics
>>
>>1792293
>Sci Fi Tactics
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>1792293
>Sci Fi Tactics
Time to slay the aye.
>>
>>1792293
>>Sci Fi Tactics
Suffer not the alien to live
>>
>>1792293
>>Sci Fi Tactics
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>1792591
>>1792580
>>1792409
>>1792396
>>1792363
wow suddenly the votes came pouring in. Sci Fi tactics it is. Now i just gotta fine a good starter pic.
>>
>>1793419
>implying you should choose anything but UNSC propaganda
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

New thread and quest >>1793475

Didn't take nearly as long as i thought it would. good Pics are normally a pain to find.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.