[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest Map

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: Quest 2.png (38KB, 1596x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Quest 2.png
38KB, 1596x1004px
Help me find a purpose for this map.
>>
Multi-civ game.
>>
Shove it up your ass.

It's not nearly good enough for anybody to want to pick up instead of making their own.
>>
>>1774415
This
>>
>>1774296
Hero quest map, we have too much multi civ games
>>
>>1774415
>>1774753
This
>>
>>1774296
can someone make a multi-civ game with it?
>>1774415
>>
> river on the coast
> single biome
> no lakes

Yeah your map is ass mate
>>
>>1774779
You could
>>
>>1775076
i dont have the skills, dedication or time
>>
File: Quest 2.png (45KB, 1596x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Quest 2.png
45KB, 1596x1004px
Map update
>>
>>1775186
Much better looking
>>
>>1774296
What is the point of this thread?
Are you asking what kind of quest you should do using this map?
>>
File: few small things.png (28KB, 875x688px) Image search: [Google]
few small things.png
28KB, 875x688px
I made a few small changes as to how I would go about doing a top-down view.

Just a few little detail points can add a lot.
Also some variety in the layout.
Changes to the rivers to reflect how rivers tend to work most times, joins, tributaries, etc.
Even added a waterfall at a cliff-edge region, which was added to cut out some of the constant beach around it.
Added some wasteland around the desert too. And added some sand-hill looking formations using the same color.
Snow, more highlights and shadows on the mountain tops, 2 volcano calderas with lakes. We dual-magma'in this one.

Nice to add some variety.
Few other things that could be added is gravel-y beaches, rocky beaches, some more grainy looking regions, some more open areas in the forests.
Not much, but I did rush it.
Hard to add real depth without exaggerating or adding a low-elevation sun and giving things direction.
I tend to use mountains of places like Scotland, Canada and Russia for those, they have some fucked up looking mountains to work from.
>>
>>1775502
This looks awesome OP, but what are you going to use It for?
>>
File: few small things2.png (32KB, 982x714px) Image search: [Google]
few small things2.png
32KB, 982x714px
>>1775531
Oh I'm not OP.
Just some dude adding some ideas and details, experimenting.
OP or anyone else can use them if they want to.

Tried to add some more snow, not liking it.
Can't really do snow on low-resolution and low-color depth, needs more variety in color to really blend it well at such low resolution.
Added a basic rocky beach, and cobble. The cobble should really be reversed I think. The brightest bits should be the highlights, not the base foundation color for it. Too lazy to change it now. Already saved it :^)
Added some more variety to the edges between textures so it isn't as flat and artificial looking.
Darkened the wasteland area, think it could probably be more desaturated to look even better.
Not sure what to do with that little pond in it.
I've never really looked at Oasis in deserts from above.
Added some disconnected forests down rivers and such.

Also, this really should be in the general discussion thread for quests.
There's usually some decent discussion in there on world creation and such. /tg/ as well.
>>
File: snow 2.0.png (57KB, 755x483px) Image search: [Google]
snow 2.0.png
57KB, 755x483px
>>1775561
Snow already looks vastly better just by simply smudging it with solid brush with full-density mid-opacity, then flipping that to smooth it out a bit more.

But doing this makes it lose its simplicity, which is a downside.
You'd need to either do it with the rest of the map as well, or stick to simple snow highlights (or none) like I did in >>1775502
It's really a personal choice in the end.
Simpler maps make for considerably easier editing, especially if you don't want to fiddle too much with layers and realisticness.
A good realistic map sure is beautiful to look at when the effort is put in to it all equally.
Takes longer though.
>>
>>1775502
>>1775561
>>1775594
Whoa shit dude, good job man make it youre own if you want dude it looks like sick shit.
>>
>>1775630
Eh, I wouldn't feel right.

Besides, I have an idea for an exploration map I've been working with on and off.
Not actually designed the map yet.
Going to be fairly laid back exploration where people can come and go as they please. I'll remember them even if they never come back ;_;
Also going to write a user-script to embed on to the actual 4chan page so I can edit it in-page and augment the already-existing drawing tool. Been meaning to do that for a while. Posted about it a long-ass time ago in the quest meta discussion before it really became regular.
It will allow you to quickly and easily create interfaces for stats, items, maps and stuff like that. Take all the hassle out of it. Then you can just assign images to areas, or draw them manually. Going to update the layering system too, to create special layers for said interfaces. Have template layers you can just throw in whenever you need them. (or upload)

Going to be busy over the next couple months with holiday and a house renovation though. Balls to that boring junk. That's not board games. My feet hurt. I don't want to go on holiday. I don't want to rip my carpets up and destroy my walls. I never needed that extra storage in this room anyway.
>>
>>1775658
Hey you think i could get a copy of the map?
>>
File: algo island generation process.png (134KB, 1100x3000px) Image search: [Google]
algo island generation process.png
134KB, 1100x3000px
>>1778140
The one I am working on?
I've not actually drawn it out yet.
Just has some loose ideas in my head of what I would like to do with it.

I'll likely automate it's general layout.
I accidentally stumbled upon a pretty neat trick when playing around with some diagonal line grid generator I wrote that would help in that.
Whenever I drew the lines certain distances away from each other and scribbled over them, then used the fill tool to go back and fourth between black and white, it would generate interesting island shapes.
Pic related.
Started off with the grid at top.
Drew a scribble.
Erase back and fourth.
Use that as a loose template to draw an island shape around.

This is a more refined and predictable version.
I had another method using a circle generator where I accidentally fucked the positinos up hard by passing it degrees instead of radians. WOOPS
The line was spazzing out all over the place making a huge mess which also degraded in to interesting island shapes using the same back and fourth erasing method.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.