[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE WAR FOR SOUTHERN INDEPENDENCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: acw 1.png (187KB, 2000x1227px) Image search: [Google]
acw 1.png
187KB, 2000x1227px
(continued from /gsg/)

copy-pasted because lazy:

JUNE--AUGUST 1861

South Carolinian militia have fired on Fort Sumter. President Lincoln's call for 75,000 volunteers the following day inspired all but four slave states to declare secession and join the Confederacy.

The armies muster and prepare for a few glorious battles. Peace will be restored before summer is out -- right?

Economy: Collapsing / Strong Decay / Shrinking / Stagnation / Growing / *STRONG GROWTH* / Boom
Morale: Terrible / Poor / Average / Good / *EXCELLENT* / Implacable

ARMIES:

Army of the Potomac
CO: Brigadier General PGT Beauregard
Strength: 20,000
Supply: Terrible / Poor / Average / *GOOD* / Plentiful

Army of the Shenandoah
CO: Brigadier General Joseph E Johnston
Strength: 15,000
Supply: Terrible / Poor / *AVERAGE* / Good / Plentiful

Army of the Northwest
CO: General Robert E Lee
Strength: 5,000

First person to respond with an at-least-sensible plan will have their orders processed. (Army locations marked on the map for clarification.) The turn will not be processed until sensible orders for each army have been received.
>>
Also, other unrelated suggestions, regarding politics, potential diplomacy, the navy, and so on will be read and potentially accepted.
>>
>>1771675
>>1771679
So is this the first thread or what? Any back story, or something of what already happened?
Maybe make some opinions since anons love opinions
>>
>>1771675
Before we actually get started, could we possibly roll or something to see if Kentucky and/or Missouri would ahistorically join the CSA?
>>
File: rails.jpg (257KB, 1056x816px) Image search: [Google]
rails.jpg
257KB, 1056x816px
>>1771675
Just to carry it for last thread

Send AONW north to contest union rail lines through West Virginia, partially cutting the west off
>>
Anons that are posting are you from /gsg/?
>>
>>1771689
Yes
>>
>>1771691
Can you post a link, I'm a qst anon and I want to know what happening
>>
>>1771692
Nothing has happened yet, the only person who came up with a plan was >>1771687
>>>/vg/186003640
>>
*farts*
>>
>>1771692
this is the first post. We start just after Tennessee has seceded (historically the last state to secede) in the lead-up to the First Battle of Manassas and the other fights in mid-to-late 1861.

>>1771686
I would but I'm such an incredible newfag to /qst/ I have no real idea how to do it.

>>1771687
Orders for the Army of the Northwest locked in.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1771697
Okay, I'll come up with something. Just wanted to know how far in we were.
>>1771700
*dice+1d100* allow a 1d100 to be rolled like so.

Change the 1d20 and a dice20 will be rolled
>>
Burn down the white house
>>
>>1771700
Have the AOP army put pressure on Washington DC. This will allow to give the AONW the time and action it needs to cut the rail lines.

>>1771701
I also got a 85 roll
>>
>>1771701
Noted, thank you.

Another announcement for clarification: generals can be promoted and replaced at will. If a good general is replaced with an unknown or someone else, there'd better be a good reason -- and he'd better deliver some victories, or there'll be Hell to pay.

Also feel free to openly discuss strategy and ideas if you like. I won't be getting sleep tonight, so I'll be here all night.
>>
>>1771675
>Army of the Shenandoah
Move east, flanking around DC to take Baltimore
>Army of the Potomac
Move Northeast, holding the line so the Union can't flank us
>>
>>1771707
You put the *dice+1d20* into options. Here in /qst/ most of the time we do best of 3. This is which 3 different anons each put *dice+1d100* in the options and the highest gets picked.

>>1771710
I support this course of action.
>>
>>1771707
Move the Army of Potomac to La Plata and establish W&Biums
>>
>>1771707
Also OP can we send a call for help from outside nations? Like while our armies do stuff, we have diplomats going to different nations to try to gain support for our cause.
>>
Rolled 14, 13 = 27 (2d20)

>>1771705
>>1771710
Your orders for the Army of the Potomac roughly fit together so I will accept both. Order for the Army of the Shenandoah accepted as well.

Now, finally, to determine the fates of Kentucky and Missouri:

Kentucky
1-4 Union
5-16 Neutral
17-20 Confederacy

Missouri
1-10 Union
11-17 Neutral
18-20 Confederacy
>>
>>1771675
The Brazilian Empire declares it's support for the Confederacy and sends 4.500 highly trained men
>>
I second rolling on ahistorical secession for the border states. I also think there should be a roll for the quality and speed of construction of forts near Richmond (historically stonewalled the Union naval invasion of Virginia, so if they're poor or they take a long time to construct the Union army movements will likely be very different) and a roll for what the Confederacy is doing with its cotton. If they choose to embargo it it should hurt the Confederate economy and slightly damage army supplies but increase the chances of Britain and France getting involved by late '62 and '63, and if they sell it for supplies it should boost army supply significantly and morale slightly, unless deep in Union territory.
>>
>>1771726
BOTH STATES have declared neutrality in the conflict. This can change as the Civil War develops.

>>1771717
I wish.

>>1771719
Indeed. I will wait until 1:05am EST (8 minutes from now) for any more orders regarding the economy, politics, and so on.
>>
FUCK YOU ALL
>>
>>1771732
Try to buy as many ships as possible from Britain and France, pay them with cotton or something
Also We should try to buy some weapons from them in the future
>>
>>1771728
I don't think that's how it works Anon.

>>1771726
At least they are neutral by side more to Confederacy

>>1771732
Alright for economy, we have to get railways build. A ton of them so our armies can get supplies. We have to build forts along our borders.

For Politics, send people to both Kentucky and Missouri, that if they join the Confederacy they will have more freedom. They can make the laws they want, and they can be more free if they join our side.

Also this >>1771739
>>
File: file.png (382KB, 1056x816px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
382KB, 1056x816px
>>1771742
How about something like this, so we can still use those railroads if we lose some land in the north
>>
File: Current plan.png (482KB, 1056x816px) Image search: [Google]
Current plan.png
482KB, 1056x816px
>>1771748
Yeah like that, since we're goign to need railroads to help us win the war. And lots of ships, so we don't get blockage.

I wrote on the map about our current plan so far.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

Rolling for initial overtures to the United Kingdom and France:

1 Ignored
2-19 Belligerent status
20 Recognition
>>
>>1771768
Alright how does the Mexicans feel about us? Tell them that the Union was the ones that took their land. I want to know how the Russians are feeling about us as well
>>
Rolled 14, 15 = 29 (2d20)

>>1771780
Posting the update after I do this.

Russia
1-19 Ignored
20 Belligerent status

Mexico
1-17 Ignored
18-19 Belligerent status
20 Recognition
>>
>>1771781
Can we convince Garibaldi to come help us? Or at least some Euro volunteers?
>>
>>1771786
We could give Euro volunteers land for fighting for us. Since the poor class during this time, work 14 hour jobs in factories soon would trade that in a heartbeat for a farm.
>>
>>1771792
Yeah we should also become the Roman Empire
>>
File: acw 1.png (191KB, 2000x1227px) Image search: [Google]
acw 1.png
191KB, 2000x1227px
>>1771675
SEPTEMBER--DECEMBER 1861

After months of organization and preparation, Generals Johnston and Beauregard move into northern Virginia and fight General McDowell's Army of Northeastern Virginia. Both armies initially perform poorly, but the Confederates rally and ultimately drive the Yankees from the field. The enemy withdraws to Alexandria, VA. The Confederates bask in their victory and move closer toward Washington. Meanwhile in the West, General Lee moves north and begins cutting Union rail lines, including the all-important Baltimore & Ohio Railroad. He cuts the railroads in many places before the Army of Virginia under General Rosecrans beats him in a light skirmish and forces him South. Meanwhile, a new Army of Maryland begins forming near Baltimore.

A blockade by the Union is enacted. We will begin feeling its effects soon.

Several Confederate agents contract the construction of blockade runners from British shipyards. They will be available for service sometime in 1862.

Economy: Collapsing / Strong Decay / Shrinking / Stagnation / *GROWING* / Strong Growth / Boom
Morale: Terrible / Poor / Average / Good / *EXCELLENT* / Implacable

ARMIES:

Army of the Potomac
CO: Brigadier General PGT Beauregard
Strength: 24,000

Army of the Shenandoah
CO: Brigadier General Joseph E Johnston
Strength: 16,000

Army of the Northwest
CO: General Robert E Lee
Strength: 5,500

Army of Tennessee
CO: General AS Johnston
Strength: 9,000

Union casualties: 4,000
Confederate casualties: 2,500
>>
>>1771796
Correct "Army of the Potomac" to "Army of Northern Virginia".
>>
File: file.png (166KB, 2000x1227px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
166KB, 2000x1227px
>>1771796
union btfo
>>
>>1771796
Have AONW go north and set up a line of defend against the AOV army
>>
>>1771796
Try plating some of our wooden ships of the line with iron and using them to break the blockade
>>
>>1771805
So since the states Kentucky and Missouri are neutral we're not going to fuck with them?
If we ask for access to pass, we can cut down on the time we need to spend going all the way around
>>
>>1771801
Send a diplomat to the Spaniards and promise to give them Florida if they help us
>>
>>1771796
>>1771809
you may need to clarify what Missouri and Kentucky's status is. Are the part of the Union and not allowing state residents to join sides? Are both sides allowed access in those states?
>>
File: 1502688093975.png (228KB, 2000x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1502688093975.png
228KB, 2000x1227px
>>1771796
For economy we have to start building rail
lines into the state of Virginia.

For politics we have to send a call of Euro volunteers that if you help fight in the CSA you can get land to have a farm. Most people in Europe work factory jobs and they would take the farm life over the factories.

Also start getting a army started up in Texas so they can start trouble on the Union West side.
>>
>>1771796
Also pay some Mexican cartels or mercenaries or something to raid California and distract the Y*nks
>>
>>1771796
Roll for what the confederacy is doing with their cotton, seriously. It was a major point early in the war, and if it's sold it'll help limit the effects of the Union blockade. Britain and France will help circumvent the blockade in exchange for cotton, and will sell much-needed weapons to the Confederacy. Otherwise the cotton embargo should reduce the die rolls necessary for recognition until 1964, when they can get cotton from other sources.
>>
I will be back soon, laddos.
>>
>>1771796
>>1771825
Also OP most dice rolls are best of 3, so if we're going a plan we can roll to see how it goes. It can also be average of 3 depending on how good the plan is and our numbers of troops. So it add more player interaction
>>
>>1771825
We should sell the cotton we have for weapons
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1771825
Rolling for the turn
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1771855
That's too low anon
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>1771855
Nat 100
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>1771825
Rolling for OP to come back
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

OP come back
>>
Maybe we can convince the irish? They would be the ones most likely to back us
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1771856
I got u senpai
>>
>>1771824

We could do the exact opposite of King Cotton and persuade other nations to help us by offering really good deals on cotton trade. Even if they don't come to our aid, it will get us some supplies and make them much less likely to start looking for other ways to get cotton.
>>
>>1772624
Agreed, if OP would come back. He does live in EST time, I guess he fell asleep last night
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

I'm ready to win the war
>>
>>1772624
I think OP got banned or something
>>
>>1772954
I think he just forgot about us.
>>
So, how dow e want to handle cotton?
Say we'll sell it at a much lower price than the US ever would?
Threaten to stop selling of they don't help?
Also getting mexicans in on the war to hold up cali amd fuck any sort of supply line from there to the east is a good idea
>>
>>1773391
Well we need to sell cotton for weapon. OP should come back
>>
>>1771675
OP you make a great thread and you go and become kill :'^(
I wish you come back
>>
something tells me op is dead
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.