[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All Land Under Heaven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 19

File: tenra-full.jpg (122KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
tenra-full.jpg
122KB, 560x420px
Tenra, All Land Under Heaven.

It is a world of beauty and innovation.

Mechanical innovation is made possible through the use of powerful magical enchantments. Lost limbs can be replaced with artificial ones that are more powerful than their fleshy counterparts. Flying cities are seen right alongside battleships that can hold entire villages.

It is a world of war and bloodshed.

For 400 years the Regents, given the right to decide conflicts through war by the shadowy Shinto Priesthood, have fought each other for a myriad of reason. Naive, innocent children are sent to the battlefield in giant mechs that destroy entire armies in the name of expansionism. Conflicting ideologies clash on the field of battle, drowning the land in the blood of the brave and foolhardy alike. Robots powered by the entrapped souls of demon rampage through the enemies lines, doing more damage than any cannonball.

In this world many different stories are told all across the land.

Of brave warriors protecting the innocent from those who would oppress them. Of murderous bandit chiefs who raid and pillage all that comes in their path. Of generals who condemn entire villages to save the ones they love from retribution. Of shinobi who hunt for egotistical onmyoji their terrible experiments.

All are told in the land under heaven.

And your's is one of them.

But what shall it be?

Let us find out.
>>
You are one of these people. One of the who call the land of Tenra home. However, what species are you?

>Human. The newcomers to Tenra, humans arrived from the stars a long time ago. No one knows the exact time they arrived, except for the mysterious Shinto Priesthood. You are one of these humans, and have the highest amount of freedom and potential out of the four species in Tenra.

>Oni. You were born as one of the original inhabitants of Tenra. To humans you are an Oni, but your people call themselves Lu-Tirae or "Caretaker". Your people are a peaceful race, seeking to merely live your lives the same way any human would. However, your Heart Engine, the living heart of every, is coveted by all humans. As such, your people are hated and are being hunted to extinction. Your horn allows you to use Resonance. With it the Oni can feel the presence of each other, share emotions and experiences wordlessly, and shape the very earth and gossamer of Tenra to their will.

>Kugestu. You are not human. You look human, act human, feel like humans, cry like humans, but you are not human. You are a doll. You were made by an artist who used the wood of a tree, and enchanted with rare magic to give you life. However, you are seen as an object. Regents go to war over you, giving the name "War Bride". Whether you accept this lot in life or wish for more, is up to you.

>Ayakashi. You are something completely alien to Tenra. While it is difficult to describe you, most ayakashi fall into four categories that you may choose from. Maybe you were an animal that transformed into something else? Or perhaps an object? Maybe a Yokai Demon, formed from the hatred or lost soul of a human with the soul purpose of eating humans? Or maybe you are one of the ara-mitama, deep spirits sometimes mistaken for gods?

>Half-breed. It is not uncommon for there to be half-breeds in the world of Tenra. Intercourse between a human and oni common. Half-aykashi are also possible though very rare. You are one of these mixtures of human and something other.
>>
File: slipcase_cover_700.jpg (212KB, 600x932px) Image search: [Google]
slipcase_cover_700.jpg
212KB, 600x932px
Welcome to a new Quest I'm doing!

This is a bit of test to see if people are interested. If they are, then I may decide to make it a regularly updated thing.

A few things:

>If you know Tenra Bansho Zero, know that I won't be really using anything mechanical. This will mostly be a narrative based game.

>There won't be many dice rolls, and combat will primarily be decided by how clever you are and the difference in power between you and your opponents.

>I do plan to use Karma, however it will be different. You will always starts the game with 20 Karma, regardless of character choice. Anytime you do something that does nothing but fulfill your own desires (i.e. murder an entire town for no reason other than you wanted to), will increase it.
>>
>>1765431
>Kugestu. You are not human. You look human, act human, feel like humans, cry like humans, but you are not human. You are a doll. You were made by an artist who used the wood of a tree, and enchanted with rare magic to give you life. However, you are seen as an object. Regents go to war over you, giving the name "War Bride". Whether you accept this lot in life or wish for more, is up to you.
>>
>>1765431
>Ayakashi. You are something completely alien to Tenra. While it is difficult to describe you, most ayakashi fall into four categories that you may choose from. Maybe you were an animal that transformed into something else? Or perhaps an object? Maybe a Yokai Demon, formed from the hatred or lost soul of a human with the soul purpose of eating humans? Or maybe you are one of the ara-mitama, deep spirits sometimes mistaken for gods?

Deep Spirit.
>>
>>1765431
>Human
So is this a mecha quest?
>>
>>1765453

Support. This sounds neat...
>>
>>1765459

Technically yes. It depends on what you choose to be at the start.

There are mecha in this game and three different types. However, only humans really have any direct access to them. Anyone else will have to find and probably steal one.
>>
>>1765472
So how super are these mechs? We talking Getter levels?
>>
>>1765431
>>Human. The newcomers to Tenra, humans arrived from the stars a long time ago. No one knows the exact time they arrived, except for the mysterious Shinto Priesthood. You are one of these humans, and have the highest amount of freedom and potential out of the four species in Tenra.
>>
>>1765481

It depends. There are actually three versions of mecha:

Yoroi Armour: These are big guys. The two ton badass robots. They are both status symbols, banners on the battlefield, the titans that can take down armies. I'm not sure exactly how strong they are, but one took on a Storm Dragon that was considered a God singlehandedly and beat it with nothing but a sword. However, these can only be pirated by innocent and naive children as they can't be piloted by those with Karma/Sin.

Kimenkyo: Mass produced armours for the army. Can be used by anyone regardless of Karma. The Zakus of the setting.

Kongohki: Mechanical Eversor Assassins controlled by the sealed soul of a demon. Can take down entire armies depending on how advanced it is.
>>
I'm going to keep the vote up for about 15 more minutes (for me it will hit 12:00 AM CST by then). If there are any ties, I'll roll a dice to see which one wins.
>>
>Oni. You were born as one of the original inhabitants of Tenra. To humans you are an Oni, but your people call themselves Lu-Tirae or "Caretaker". Your people are a peaceful race, seeking to merely live your lives the same way any human would. However, your Heart Engine, the living heart of every, is coveted by all humans. As such, your people are hated and are being hunted to extinction. Your horn allows you to use Resonance. With it the Oni can feel the presence of each other, share emotions and experiences wordlessly, and shape the very earth and gossamer of Tenra to their will.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1765452

1 for Kugestu

>>1765453
>>1765460

2 for Ayakashi

>>1765459
>>1765490

2 for Human

>>1765538

1 for Oni

Going to roll to break tie:

1=Human

2=Ayakashi
>>
>>1765561

Ayakashi it is.
>>
>>1765564
Are we going to vote on the type now?
>>
You are not from Tenra. Or you are something that belongs to Tenra, but so strange and different from the rest of the world, that you can hardly be called a mortal inhabitant of the land.

One of the examples of this, is how you were not "born" to this world. At least not in the same sense as most mortal are. You were transformed from a previous form into your new more powerful one.

You were originally:

>An animal or human. Something transformed you into this new form of yours, giving you the strange powers of the Ayakashi. Even so, you still retain some of your original form.

>An object. You were a thing created by the mortals of Tenra. As the years passed something happened to you. Something gave you a soul. Now, you have gained sentience and the strange abilities of an ayakashi.

>Created. You are what mortals call a Yokai. You were born from the sin that festers this world. The sin that made you maybe unique, but you have the same impulse as the rest of the Yokai; to eat mortals.

>A spirit. Originally created by the earth itself, you have been empowered by it. While you are not a "true" god, you are very close to one.
>>
Gonna leave this one open for 20 minutes.
>>
>>1765617
>>1765617
>A spirit. Originally created by the earth itself, you have been empowered by it. While you are not a "true" god, you are very close to one.
>>
>>1765617
>>Created. You are what mortals call a Yokai. You were born from the sin that festers this world. The sin that made you maybe unique, but you have the same impulse as the rest of the Yokai; to eat mortals.
Demon Mecha quest seems pretty fun to me.
>>
>>1765617
>>
>>1765617
>Created. You are what mortals call a Yokai. You were born from the sin that festers this world. The sin that made you maybe unique, but you have the same impulse as the rest of the Yokai; to eat mortals.

Let's become Asura and be a spirit of Wrath
>>
>>1765632
I like the idea of vainglory but wrath is pretty fun too.
>>
>>1765632

As a quick warning, ALL Yokai hate humans with a burning passion.

All.

They are pretty much considered a blight upon the land.

Unlike the other ayakashi, they are the only ones that mortals actually understand; as they are to be feared.
>>
>>1765662
Eh fuck the humies, it would be fun to play a real villain on /qst/ for once.
>>
>>1765666

That's fine. Just putting it out there.

>>1765646

Would you consider this a vote for Yokai?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1765622
>>1765626

2 for Spirit

>>1765623
>>1765632

2 for Yokai

Another tie. Another dice roll.

1=Yokai

2=Spirit
>>
>>1765689

Ara-mitama it is.

Also, mitama can also be born of sin or curse.
>>
File: Mitama4.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mitama4.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
You are an ara-mitama, a spirit born deep with your mother, Tenra. She gave you life and the powers you now wield.

Though mortals may put you in the same category as the ayakashi, you are more akin to a god than any of them. Your powers are greater than theirs, and mortals come to worship you as they should.

But there are a few questions regarding your birth that must be answered.

>What are you? Are you a spirit of virtue and goodness? Or perhaps one of sin and debauchery? Or are you neither, instead a god of the earth or something else.

>Why were you made? What is your goal upon in this land under heaven? To destroy? To observe? Or maybe something so complex no mortal could understand it? Or do you not even have a goal and hope to find one by interacting with the mortals?

>What do you do? The exact powers Tenra has gifted you with can be decided later. However, what has she already gifted you with? A powerful body? Multiple forms? A striking charisma? Unstoppable power?
>>
Leaving this open for 15 minutes.
>>
>>1765721
>What are you? Are you a spirit of virtue and goodness? Or perhaps one of sin and debauchery? Or are you neither, instead a god of the earth or something else.
A spirit of battle and combat, specifically duels.
>Why were you made? What is your goal upon in this land under heaven? To destroy? To observe? Or maybe something so complex no mortal could understand it? Or do you not even have a goal and hope to find one by interacting with the mortals?
You were born from the spirit of famous warriors and their desire to kill other strong warriors. Your goal is to find someone who can push us to our limit and beat us.
>What do you do? The exact powers Tenra has gifted you with can be decided later. However, what has she already gifted you with? A powerful body? Multiple forms? A striking charisma? Unstoppable power?
A strong body with unlimited Willpower.
>>
File: lu-bu-dynasty-warriors-7-60.6.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
lu-bu-dynasty-warriors-7-60.6.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
>>1765752

I am ok with this. It just feels a bit eerie because it was another quest idea of mine at one point.

Guess who it was based off of?

>pic very much related
>>
>>1765765
Hey man I love the Gar archetype.
>>
I'll give it 10 more minutes, see if we get more votes.

If not, we'll go with >>1765752
>>
>>1765801
I mean it is 2 am est qm, little late for most people.
>>
>>1765752
A spirit of stone and earthern energy. ley lines, natural magics, and the like.
There is no purpose, you always were. perhaps a stone may find a purpose in civilized lands.
a body as immutable as the earth itself. No damage is too great to stop you.

Basically a fuck-off level tank with some magics to back him up
>>
>>1765809

I figured. I knew the risk with running a quest this early, but it's the only time today I'll have free time to do this.

I figure I'll at least try to get Char Gen done today, then Sunday we can get to the actual game.
>>
>>1765815
I'm sure people will see this as saturday goes on and get interested in it. Just give it time op you aren't competing against many other quests with a similar premise and genre.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1765752
>>1765811

Tie between these two.

Dice don't fail me now!

1=Lu Bu Expy

2=Fuck Off Tank with Magics
>>
>>1765837

Fuck Off Tank with Magics it is.
>>
>>1765837
Man fuck these dice lost every fucking one.
>>
damn, all the rolls have been going my way here.
>>
the innanet doesn't seem to have any good pictures of the Lord of Earth from enchanted arms. Pity, he was my inspiration with his tankyness and big fucking charged beams and stalling summons. Not what we have to go with here specifically, just to give context to the character concept.
>>
If I knew something like this will run I would get up earlier.
>>
File: earth_elemental_by_stevegoad.jpg (188KB, 870x918px) Image search: [Google]
earth_elemental_by_stevegoad.jpg
188KB, 870x918px
You are a literal spirit of the earth. When Tenra gave you life, she gave you a body that can never be destroyed. You cannot be hurt by any normal mortal weapons, and can withstand even the strongest of assaults.

Though you have little in the way of offense, the magic energies of the land itself will give you the power you need. Though you do not have a purpose right now, mayhaps your journeys in the land of mortals will change that.

Now, like every ayakashi, you have powers the likes of which make you more than a match for even the strongest mortal. Though there maybe those who can defeat you, they will find it not an easy task.

>Pick Four of these powers or write in:

>>Domination. Through the power of your voice, skillful words, or even hypnotism, you have the power to bend mortals to your will. Though those with superior will may resist you.

>>Drain. Your attacks drain the life from the enemy. They burn, corrupt or poison.

>>Fear. Your visage or aura is filled with so much power or malice that mortals can't help but be afraid of you.

>>Flying. You posses the power of flight. Whether you have wings, or can just defy gravity is down to you.

>>Hallucination. You can create illusions to terrify and confuse your foes.

>>Healing. By your power, your body can heal itself of almost any damage taken.

>>Invisibility. You can become invisible to mortal eyes.

>>Incorporeal. Your form can turn intangible and pass through physical objects.

>>Mindreading. You can read the minds of mortals.

>>Multiple Forms. You may create multiple copies of your form, allowing you to be in many places at once. But only one of you is the real one.

>>Natural Weapon. Your body is a weapon. Whether this means you may create them out of your body or that they are intrinsic is up to you.

>>Possession. You may possess mortals and even inanimate objects, though those with superior willpower may resist or even subsume you.

>>Projectile Attack. You possess the ability to attack from range. Whether this be fire breath, lighting strikes, or rock throws is up to you.

>>Resistance. Your body is resistant to many things that would kill a normal mortal.

>>Shapechange. You can change your shape to match whatever or whoever you wish.

>>Superspeed. You can move faster than the mortal eye can see.

>>Undying. You are very difficult to kill. Even when it seems like you are dead, you always come back a few moments later.

>>Write in...

>pic not you, just giving an example
>>
20 minutes again.
>>
>>1765881
>>Incorporeal. Your form can turn intangible and pass through physical objects.
>>Invisibility. You can become invisible to mortal eyes.
>>Flying. You posses the power of flight. Whether you have wings, or can just defy gravity is down to you.
>>Undying. You are very difficult to kill. Even when it seems like you are dead, you always come back a few moments later.
>>
>>1765881
>Healing. By your power, your body can heal itself of almost any damage taken.
>Fear. Your visage or aura is filled with so much power or malice that mortals can't help but be afraid of you.
>Resistance. Your body is resistant to many things that would kill a normal mortal.
>Undying. You are very difficult to kill. Even when it seems like you are dead, you always come back a few moments later.
Tbh I really don't like this character but you got me by the short hairs op.
>>
>>1765888

I don't really have an excuse to be honest.

I'm sorry if you feel that way though.
>>
>>1765881
>>1765881
>>Resistance. Your body is resistant to many things that would kill a normal mortal.
>>Healing. By your power, your body can heal itself of almost any damage taken.
FUCK YOU, MOUNTAINS CAN FLY

>>1765888
sorry, man. Hopefully the character can become something you enjoy through the adventure
>>
>>1765896
There's no excuse its just what it is. You rolled the dice fairly, nothing else I can do about it.
>>
>>1765881
>Resistance. Your body is resistant to many things that would kill a normal mortal.
>Undying. You are very difficult to kill. Even when it seems like you are dead, you always come back a few moments later.
>Flying. You posses the power of flight. Whether you have wings, or can just defy gravity is down to you.
Fuck you, mountains can fly indeed
>>
>Flying. You posses the power of flight. Whether you have wings, or can just defy gravity is down to you.

Wins.
>>
There are those who say that mountains can not fly.

That it is against the laws of physics and the world itself.

That mountains are beings of Tenra, and as such have no reason to leave the ground upon which they were born.

However this is also a world where wizards that control demons, put gems filled with their demons inside of their bodies to obtain enough power to rival an entire Domain's worth of armies, can ride inside of giant mecha and fight dragons with a sword made out of the dead souls of their enemies.

If that is possible, then a mountain flying is also possible. Couple that with your almost unkillable nature, and you are literally a force to be reckoned with.

But like all ayakashi, even the most virtuous, you have weaknesses. These weaknesses cause you do things that you otherwise wouldn't, or can cause a great amount of harm to you.

>Pick Two Weakness:

>Cold Iron: Cold Iron can cut through your rock hard skin, causing you great pain.

>Extreme Heat: Firestorms and the like can melt you and turn you to slag.

>Enchanted Weapons: Enchanted Weapons can cut through your skin like paper.

>Demons: Shikigami and other demons have an advantage over you.

>Write in...

But there is one thing that you are truly weak to. Your Taboo.

Your Taboo is the one thing that you can not do. It is something that you will go out of your way to avoid if you can help it. If you do commit your Taboo, whether through accident, coercion, or force you will be physically damaged by the weight of it.

>Pick One Taboo:

>Never Kill Mortals: You have sword to never harm mortals as long as you are on Tenra. You will subdue them but you will not kill them.

>Do not harm Tenra: Tenra is your mother and caretaker. You will never harm her intentionally.

>Never wage war: Let the mortals wage their never ending wars. You will not get involved in them.

>Write in...
>>
>>1765994

>Extreme Heat: Firestorms and the like can melt you and turn you to slag

>Do not harm Tenra: Tenra is your mother and caretaker. You will never harm her intentionally.
>>
>>1765994
>Cold Iron: Cold Iron can cut through your rock hard skin, causing you great pain.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1766006
>>1766010

Taboo is to not harm Tenra.

Demons are one weakness.

Rolling for second:

1=Cold Iron
2=Extreme Heat
>>
>>1766032
Extreme heat it is.

Almost done with character generation.
>>
File: pic1586824_md.jpg (113KB, 322x500px) Image search: [Google]
pic1586824_md.jpg
113KB, 322x500px
Your powers, purpose, and weaknesses. All of these are what make you an ara-mitama.

An ayakashi, whose objectives and emotions are alien to any but yourself and those like you.

While you are young by the standards of most mitama, you have still been on Tenra for long enough to gain connections to the world itself. These connections include both your feelings and physical connections to the land and others. They are what drive you, yet they are also what chain you. For you must let go of that which is precious to reach true enlightenment.

>Pick Two Fates. Set one as Major and one as Minor:

>>Emotion: Love for Tenra. Tenra was your mother. You have an unconditional love for her.

>>Emotion: Hatred of Mortals. You have no patience for the mortals that infest Tenra, and would snuff them all out if you could.

>>Curiosity: Mortal lives. You are fascinated by the mortals, and wish to observe them.

>>Mission: Protect Tenra. Many wish to harm the very planet they live on. You will stop them whatever the cost.

>>Mission: Wander the land. You wish to learn more about your mother, and thus will wander the world to see more of it.

>>Write in...

And then there are your Goals. These are the things that you are working towards. The things that you want to accomplish on the planet. They can be simple and short term, or complex and long reaching. And you will not stop until you accomplish them.

>Pick Two Goals. Name one as Major and one as Minor:

>>Obtain an Artifact Weapon.

>>Found a Temple.

>>Find peace.

>>Save a village.

>>Live with mortals.

>>Write in..

>Fates are not things that you have to do or are forced to do. Rather they are your connections to the world of Tenra. Whether they be emotional or tangible. You can get rid of Fates in order to lessen Karma, but be mindful that it is never easy to completely cut ties with someone or something in Tenra.
>>
>>1766068
>Major: Emotion: love for tenra
>Minor: Mission: wander the land.
Stone ronin.

Goals:
>Major: Obtain an artifact weapon
>Minor: find peace

For more fuck-offness, we need a nice weapon.
>>
>>1766068
Fates
>>Mission: Wander the land. You wish to learn more about your mother, and thus will wander the world to see more of it.
Major

>>Curiosity: Mortal lives. You are fascinated by the mortals, and wish to observe them.
Minor

Goals
>>Write in..
>>Obtain an Artifact Weapon.
Major, they're old as fuck and probably have rad history behind them

>>Find peace.
minor
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

Another Tie Breaker:

1=>>1766089
2=>>1766094
>>
>Major Fate: Mission: Wander the land. You wish to learn more about your mother, and thus will wander the world to see more of it.

>Minor Fate:Curiosity: Mortal lives. You are fascinated by the mortals, and wish to observe them.

>Major Goal: Obtain an Artifact Weapon.

>Minor Goal: Find peace.
>>
And now we know of you.

Ara-mitama of the earth. Created by Tenra itself, you have been given life by your mother. Your stone body is extremely resilient, unable to be pierced or damaged by any normal weapon. Not just that, but any damaged caused can easily be healed through your own bodily power. Most would think a body such as yours would prevent you from moving very fast.

They would be wrong, for you can forgo the use of the land and soar through the sky itself at your leisure.

Only two things can truly harm you, extreme heat that can melt you to slag and the Shikigami used by onmuyoji.

You have sword an oath to never harm your mother, no matter what may come to pass. If you were to ever break this Taboo, you will personally see yourself suffer for it.

Your connections to this world run deep, as do your goals. You wish to wander this land, learn more about it, see what there is to see, and to watch the mortals, see how they live their lives.

Your Goals are to obtain an Artifact Weapon, preferably one with a long and proud history worthy of you. This is your main Goal and the easiest of the two. For in this land of constant war, where the strong survive and the weak perish, peace is something that is very difficult to achieve.

Now there is but one last thing that must be known.

Your name.

What do you call yourself? What should we call you?

>Write in name....

>As a sidenote: Tenra is a lot like Exalted when it comes to names. In that, you can name yourself just about anything and no one will question you about it. Samples include, Yakumoto the Cloud of Night, Golden Tiger, and The Batsu Sama.
>>
>>1766128
[spoilers]Blast Hardcheese, the Swole[/spoilers]

but really, Oo'Ken the Mobile Mountain
>>
>>1766140
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT WHY DOES THIS SHIT ONLY WORK SOMETIMES
>>
>>1766140
I support the mobile mountain.
>>
>>1766140
>>1766151

Well then, Oo'Ken the Mobile Mountain it is.
>>
You are Oo'Ken the Mobile Mountain.

And you are about to take your first steps into Tenra.

This land of innovation.

Of war.

Of death.

Of vigilant battles.

Of meaningless death.

What awaits you in this journey?

Will you find what you are looking for? Or will you, like so many, be bogged down by your earthly desires and lose yourself in the process?

Only time will tell.

Welcome, Oo'Ken.

Welcome to the World of Tenra.

>CHARACTER CREATION FINISHED!

Thanks for going through Character Gen with me everyone! I would continue, but I need to think of some things for the Quest, and I have a game I a TTRPG session I need to GM later on today.

Tomorrow I plan to update at around 1:00 PM CST. I'll update my Twitter when it happens.

See you all then!
>>
File: tenra.jpg (97KB, 441x680px) Image search: [Google]
tenra.jpg
97KB, 441x680px
>>1766157

Last post for today, and I forgot my pic.

Just great.
>>
>>1766157
Not bad, but uh, you might want to be a bit more patient next time around, OP. Threads are slow to get going around here, and you won't gain any momentum by rushing things.
>>
Your footsteps echo across the forest. They sound infinitely louder within the emptiness that is this place. All around you flit the blue spheres of light that indicate a magical component to this place.

You do not question why they are here. For you already know the answer.

This is one of the only places in all of Tenra that war has not reached yet. While many mortals have tried to theorize why this is, you could tell the moment you stepped foot in this area.

The land itself is covered in a barrier. It is a powerful, ancient one, made not by man's primitive abilities. No it was made by the planet itself. For she is the oldest and wisest being among all of you.

Why is this place so guarded? Because it is your home. It is where you were born.

You have reached the edge of the forest. In front of you stands the barrier that keeps the outside world away.

In your mind you feel your mother wish you a safe trip. Wish you luck in traversing her harsh lands filled with hard people.

>You nod and walk through the barrier.

>You thank her for everything before walking through.

>You merely steel yourself, and walk through.

>>you look like pic related, unless you want something else?
>>
Also, I made a Pastebin!

https://pastebin.com/3L5PVHNH
>>
>>1770069
>You thank her for everything before walking through.
>>
>>1770069
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

Tie.

Rolling.

1=>>1770074
2=>>1770081
>>
File: 1525450-bigthumbnail.jpg (100KB, 450x257px) Image search: [Google]
1525450-bigthumbnail.jpg
100KB, 450x257px

Your eyes and thoughts never leave the path laid before you. Your body shifts slightly, as if preparing itself for the journey ahead.

With one last look back, you turn and pass through. A small amount of sparks flash across your body. You can hardly feel it because of your resilient form, though you know that it is there.

It does not take you very long to reach the other side, the otherworldly feeling from before disappearing as you step into the "real" forest.

It is actually a pretty clever area to hide a place such as this. Anyone who gets lost won't notice the barrier until they have already passed through it. Even the most skilled of magicians among the mortals would be unable to find it here. The only ones who could are mitama such as yourself.

Your eyes survey the area looking in every direction.

You decide to start walking

>North

>East

>West
>>
>>1770126
>North
>>
>>1770126

> North
>>
>North

North it is.
>>
You travel northward, facing the sun as you move along.

It doesn't take you long to leave the forest. It takes you even less time to come across a new landscape.

You take in a deep breath, letting the cool air of Tenra fill your lungs. Your body shines in the sunlight, rocks and magical glyphs reflecting the light into the air. Your gaze stays upward as you move along.

However, like many things in this world, your peaceful walk is soon interrupted.
>>
File: 4689l.jpg (93KB, 377x537px) Image search: [Google]
4689l.jpg
93KB, 377x537px
You start to near the river, the sound of rushing water lapping at your ankles filling your ears. You bend down and watch the fish swim through the stream. It's a calm one, so there are plenty there moving along the current's path.

Up above birds cry out while flying through the sky. They are most likely looking for a place to nest this time of day. Briefly, you entertain the idea of taking one of them with you, however you discard it very soon.

There is no way that you would be able to keep a pet with you on your trek through this land. They are very likely to die unless they are empowered by something else, and you can't do that for them.

You stand up from your position. You do not turn around and say, "I know you are there. Come out, now."

Footsteps upon the wet grassy reach your ears. Your slightly crane your head around your soldier to behold the human that tired to sneak up on you.

The young man stands there with his robes flowing out behind him. Only the edges of his sleeves touch the ground. He stops a good distance away from you and pulls out a piece of paper with writing on it, "So you were able to sense me were you? You are no normal Shikigami."

Ah, this man is one of those onmyouji that you've heard about from your mother. The ones who capture Shiki Spirits and bind them to their will. You have heard that some of them are more akin to mad men than actual magicians. This man must fall into that category.

He obviously doesn't know who you really are, and is planning to capture you.

>What do you say or do to the man?
>>
>>1770191
>Blast the fucker, you won't be made a slave
>>
>>1770191

> Kill him
>>
>>1770204
>>1770205

Pretty clear we're attacking the guy.
>>
File: Paper-golem1.jpg (23KB, 436x416px) Image search: [Google]
Paper-golem1.jpg
23KB, 436x416px
You are not even going to entertain the idea of conversation with this man. He has already made it clear that he has plans to capture and enslave you. There is no need to drag this out any further.

You turn around, slowly, until you are facing the man. The minute your body is facing his, you launch yourself at him. You eat up the ground quickly and are almost upon the man when he finally acts.

With a smile he rips the paper in his hands in twain. There is a rush of dust and smoke. Then you see a bladed arm appear in front of you aiming for your face.

You do not falter from your course. The blade deflects off of your body, sparks flying as you close with it. You do not have any weapons except for your fist. A normal mortal would hardly be able to hurt this Shiki.

You are no mortal.

Your fist connects with its right shoulder, severing it at the base. It does not screech in pain, but you do see it jump over and land behind you. You turn and see it standing with one arm held ready.

A shadow passing over you, and you see the man riding on another Shiki. This one is reminiscent of an eagle, but large enough to carry a man aloft. He does not seem too worried about what you just did, "I knew you would not go quietly. Oh well. Hopefully there will be enough left of you by the time the fight is done."

>What do you do?
>>
>>1770232
>Fly at the airborne man, bring him back down to earth
>>
>>1770244

> Fly at the airborne man, grab him by the head, then slam him back into the earth with as much force as you can muster
>>
>>1770244
>>1770252

Fly up and bring him back down to earth.
>>
File: Chokeslam.png (318KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chokeslam.png
318KB, 848x480px
Your opponent seems to think that just because you are made stone you can't follow him into the sky.

You are more than happy to prove him wrong.

With one leap, you come face to face with the magician. He gasp outloud, as you wrap a hand around his neck. As he struggles and scratches at your arm, you pull him over to you. You face him downward and slam him back down to the earth churning up dust and dirt when you land.

Your hand leaves the man's throat. You bring up a fist and prepare to squash his head into the ground, but a screech from above stops you. You feel talons grab onto your shoulders, and you are lifted away from the onmyouji.

You reach up and crush one of the bird's talons in your hands, causing it to drop you towards the ground. Below you, the first Shikigami holds out its remaining sword arm to try to impale you.

You grab the arm, and flip over the Shiki. Your momentum makes it easy to rip the second arm off of the monster as you land on the ground.

The Shikigami still refused to dissipate, choosing to block your path to its master. Above the eagle circles, waiting for you to make a move.

The summoner still hasn't stood up, but you can hear him cough and wheezing in attempts to regain his breath.
>>
>With that understanding of the situation, what do you do now?
>>
>>1770298
>Go for the legs of the paper golem
>>
>>1770294

> Walk up to the Paper Golem, and drive your fist into it's torso. using that arm as leverage use your free hand to rip the Shikigami in twaine...
>>
>>1770301
>>1770309

For this, I'm gonna combine these two.
>>
It is about time you ended this.

You dash forward, rushing down the Shikigami in front of you. As expected the flying one begins to dive towards you just as you begin to get close. The enemy with no arms lifts its leg up to kick you in the stomach.

Just when the foot gets close, you duck under it. You grab the Shiki by is ankle, spin on your heal, and use it to bat the flying one into the distance.

With one gone, you grab your makeshift bat around its other ankle. With a mighty shout, you rip the monster in twain, letting both pieces fall to the ground and turn back into paper.

You walk over to where the summoner is, and step on both of his hands. He cries out as you break his fingers to stop him from writing. His eyes look up at you with hatred and fear in equal measure.

>What do you do with him now?
>>
>>1770334
>I am no one's slave

End him quickly.
>>
>>1770334

> Shatter all the bones in his arms, rip off his jaw, and then walk away

Either he'll perish, or he'll live on never again able to practice his ignoble art...
>>
>>1770334

Forgot the pic.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Tie Breaking yet again.

1=>>1770345
2=>>1770339
>>
You look at the wizard and decide that he need not die. There's no need to kill someone who has been beaten so utterly.

However....

You start with his arms. You smash them with your feet, pop them out of their sockets, and make sure to break all of his tendons in his arms.

His screams echo across the landscape the entire time. Until you grab him by his lower jaw.

Then he screams no more.

You leave him there and walk away, leaving behind the magician. If he survives, you are sure that he will never practice his art ever again.

As you walk, a flutter in the wind catches your eye. You grab it from the air as it passes by you. You look it up and down, attempting to make out what it says.

It is obviously a map, however the destination is what interest you the most. There are words at the bottom of the map, however they are difficult to make out. Something must've happened to it in the past.

Still you are able to make out threse words:

"The.....Hammer of Heaven.....here."

>TO BE CONTINUED

And that's the end of this update.

Thanks for sticking around you two.

Not sure if I'll keep this up or not. But even so, I hope you all enjoyed it!

See you later!
>>
>>1770394

This is a really nice Quest OP. I especially appreciate the swift rate at which you move the thread along. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the next installment...
>>
>>1770394
>>1770394
Didn't get the chance to play today but it looks really good. Hope I get to play next session, nice run OP
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.