[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planetary governor quest #8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 1

File: Imperial space station.jpg (385KB, 1920x1270px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial space station.jpg
385KB, 1920x1270px
Lets get this show on the road!
>>
>>1760765
You smile as you shake Lord Andreas Kennedy's hand, finally meeting the Sectoral Governor on favorable terms. He greets you and puts a drink in your hand, acting as if you are old friends as he introduces you to several of his cronies and lordlings in his entourage....

You down most of your glass of wine, as you hear the Sectoral Governor drone on, half bragging as he tells the story of hunting the wilds of Freia Primaris, claiming he slew one of the infamous Arctic lions alone, with a perfectly aimed shot from his hunting rifle....

After almost an hour of this, you finally get some alone time to speak to him....

The conversation quickly grows serious as he asks you what you know about the western Separatists......

He explains how the better part of 2 sectors on the Western fringes have declared independence and are actively trying to create unrest and invite planetary leaders to join their cause.....

He blames them for the unrest as the Human Confederation, its calling itself, has smuggled illegal voxcasts into major population centers all over the region, and have riled up the common folk, with promises of lower taxes and rights to vote.....

He asks that you reaffirm your loyalty to him, Lord Andreas Kennedy of the Icara sector and the Emperor and Imperium at large....

You quickly bow and reaffirm but when you ask him what will we do about the separatists he gives no clear answer.....
>>
>>1760810
You decide to move elsewhere as you likely have had your most progress you will get with the Sector Governor tonight....

Where to?

A. Speak to the group of Admirals and other Naval officers, in a few sets of tables near the bar
B. Speak to the Lord General, who is apparently the highest ranking Imperial Guard Officer in the sub-sector, although youve never heard of him.... He is easily found with his massive entourage....
C. Walk over to the guest tables and see anyone interesting to speak to, just from looking, you see several Ecclesiarchy members and Imperial Bureaucrats, as well as many Nobles, especially unlanded members of great families, who make a life out of attending balls and the machinisations of court...
D. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1760818
>C. Walk over to the guest tables and see anyone interesting to speak to, just from looking, you see several Ecclesiarchy members and Imperial Bureaucrats, as well as many Nobles, especially unlanded members of great families, who make a life out of attending balls and the machinisations of court...
>>
>>1760818
B
>>
>>1760765
>B. Speak to the Lord General, who is apparently the highest ranking Imperial Guard Officer in the sub-sector, although youve never heard of him.... He is easily found with his massive entourage....
>>
>>1760818
B. Speak to the Lord General, who is apparently the highest ranking Imperial Guard Officer in the sub-sector, although youve never heard of him.... He is easily found with his massive entourage....
>>
>>1760872
>>1760847
>>1760908

You move across the room to meet Lord General Clarence Monroe, you notice his uniform covered with ribbons and medals....

It takes you but a moment to notice that he has several adjuntants Officers to serve him, and that they all happen to be attractive young women....

He is telling some war story about leading a charge on the Arcturian Lunar campaign, when he notices you approaching, sending one of his cronies to speak with you.

The young Captain asks your name and tells you that the General will need a few minutes to come speak to you, as he is a very important man....

(A bad sign to be slighted like this at a major social event)

A. Wait for a few minutes for the General to finish his conversation
B. Move on, you are not some minor lordling that can be ignored
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1760915
>B. Move on, you are not some minor lordling that can be ignored

>Separatists are filthy republican trash

By the emerperor, voting. Disgusting.
>>
>>1760915
but tell the man where the lord gernale can find you andhave a glassof whiskywaitingthere
drophints about a campan
>>
>>1760915

Dick
>>
>>1760915

A. Wait for a few minutes for the General to finish his conversation
>>
>>1760915

B. Move on, you are not some minor lordling that can be ignored
>>
>>1760934
>>1760930
>>1760927
As you sit there, rage begins to well inside you and you decide to move on, telling the Captain, the General can come look for you, if he wants to talk...

As you are turning away, you spot a familiar face across the room, as Johann notices you as well, waving you over, to a table where he is sharing a few drinks with several young noblewomen....

"This is Lara Casamuchi, her father is the Governor of Yoros II", Johann says as you take Lara's hand and kiss it

The other girls at the table, while pretty, don't seem to attract you quite like Lara. who seems to be smart, pretty and tough enough to push back at your mild teasing, you have a few drinks with her, getting her vox contact information before going with Johann to the bar...

"Maxi! I'm so glad you came! I love parties but they haven't been the same without you around."

"What do you think of Lara? She is apparently looking for a husband...."

You have another drink and talk about other personal matters, before parting ways to speak to other people....

You are now in the main guest area and there are several people of interest....

A. The group of unlanded nobility congregating in the corner, generally too low profile to mingle with the real power players in the sector
B. The table with a Fat priest, and several Administratum officials getting uproariously drunk and laughing about something or other
C. The Rogue Trader Alfonso L'Orean, who is sitting alone at the bar currently, you lost a game of poker, and quite a few thrones to him at one of Johanns parties and bought some medical equipment off of him... drinking alone seems like a strange thing to do for the prideful and boisterous Rogue Trader
D. Other(write-in)
>>
>>1761016
C. The Rogue Trader Alfonso L'Orean, who is sitting alone at the bar currently, you lost a game of poker, and quite a few thrones to him at one of Johanns parties and bought some medical equipment off of him... drinking alone seems like a strange thing to do for the prideful and boisterous Rogue Trader
>>
>>1761016
>A. The group of unlanded nobility congregating in the corner, generally too low profile to mingle with the real power players in the sector

Lets see if we can attract sone talent to us, or at least a few folks related to someone worth knowing.

Perhaps work at forming an Entourage/faction/bloc ourselves.
>>
>>1761016
>>
Also we should be ashamed of ourselves for not bringing our brother, this is his environment. Gotta bring him next time lads
>>
>>1761016
>C
>>
>>1761016
>C. The Rogue Trader Alfonso L'Orean, who is sitting alone at the bar currently, you lost a game of poker, and quite a few thrones to him at one of Johanns parties and bought some medical equipment off of him... drinking alone seems like a strange thing to do for the prideful and boisterous Rogue Trader
>>
>>1761016

>>
>1760818
Carefully observe the room, look for other observers, those whom look like they are more judging than mingling unseen...

Maybe he likes our soldiers?
>>
>>1761020
>>1761034
>>1761057
You walk over to the bar, and order a glass of aged Borelian Whiskey on the rocks, and sit over by L'Orean, who looks down on his luck....

"That damn Tzavaras is gonna put me out of business...."

You casually talk for a few moments, before L'Orean returns to his original comment, asking you how much business you do with Tzavaras, you simply say enough, giving him a neutral answer before he continues, you starting to notice him slurring his words slightly, the grizzled Rogue Trader clearly well plied....

He proceeds to tell you a fantastical story, of fighting on the Western Fringe almost two centuries ago, where he encountered a small ship from a Xeno civilization called the Tau Empire. He was able to disable the ship, preserving its small crew and technology....

These Xenos ships seemed to lack powerful warp capabilities, making them easy to ambush alone, but they are equipped with powerful weapons and shields, sometimes superior to the Imperiums....

He claims he took his prisoners and the ship, to the Eastern frontier and attempted to reverse engineer their technology....

He then claims that his facility had finally started some breakthroughs a few decades ago, when he it was seized and destroyed by his archrival Tzavaras, who is very defensive about his influence in this sector....

He claims that Tzavaras has harrassed his ships and fired on them several times, Tzavaras also apparently bribed the Captain of one of the few cruisers in L'Orean's flotilla bringing the Captain, crew and ship over to Tzavaras service instead....

Apparently now Tzavaras is selling the reverse engineered weapons as his own products, and undercutting L'Oleans deals wherever he can....

"Damn that Tzavaras bastard"

A. You wish him best of luck and walk away
B. You ask him what you can do
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1761187
>>
>>1761187

We could offer a discount on our produce in return for him coming to us with any good deals.
>>
>>1761187
>A. You wish him best of luck and walk away
>>
>>1761187
>B. You ask him what you can do
This could be interesting information as it is...
>>
>>1761202
>>1761192
>>1761231
You ask the Rogue Trader what you could do to help him....

"Can you stop doing business with Tzavaras?" He says halfjokingly....

"While he can probably beat me on price, I have things that he doesn't...."

"I managed to recover some technological knowledge from the reverse engineered tau technology as well as other technologies from old ruins and fringe groups both xeno and human...."

He lists a small number of advanced technologies that are within his possesion, including a Tau-tech based targeting and sensor system called a marker light, bionic technology, terraforming technology and genetic manipulation technology....

He also can get more common items, but they will be more expensive and less plentiful with L'Orean compared to Tzavaras...

What should we do with L'Orean? (This is a write-in)
>>
>>1761272
>We would be willing to do business and buy the advanced technology and any other he gets ahold of.
>>
>>1761272
>>We would be willing to do business and buy the advanced technology and any other he gets ahold of.
and lethim know of where Tzavaras ships are as we find out
>>
>>1761282

Support...
>>
>>1761286
and we can offer him a base to reverse engineered tau technology or anythig
>>
>>1761282
Ill back this

>>1761286
>>1761296

Rather not this
>>
>>1761302
y not?
>>
>>1761315
Cozying up so fast would seem foolish.

It's only his side of the story we've heard after all, and jew that he is Tzavaras has helped us along quite a lot.
>>
>>1761272
"My dear friend we're both in business and it seems you have the market cornered in this regard. I'd happily do business with you, this could grow into a fruitful venture for us both...

[Competition inspires rivalry and competing markets which is good]
>>
>>1761342
dont have to give it allout
just hint thatif he dose good we could help him
means we could get railguns for cheap and shit
>>
>>1761357
Honestly, I'm down for some xeno tech, and dabbling in tech heresy but I'd rather not go all out with it, it'd bring too much heat on us I think.

Getting caught up in a fight between two rogue traders could be pretty nasty for us. Better to take what we can get from them rather than go against one in favor of the other I think.
>>
>>1761286
>>1761282
>>1761287
>>1761302
>>1761356

You decide to offer your business, but keep him at an arm's race, continuing to stay open to deals with Tzavaras....

You tell L'Orean that you are willing to do business with him and are interested in any advanced technology he is willing to trade....

While you will not tell Tzavaras about this, it is likely that someone on his payroll, or one of his friends or associates have already spotted us speaking to L'Orean....

You decide to make your way back to the main area.....

You realize that the night has grown late, and feeling the fatigue and upon seeing the ball beginning to clear out, most people pacing themselves for the three day event....

You finally decide to return to your room, leaving the ballroom area and boarding your shuttle, you can see fires burning in the lower hives as you take off, and burn upwards towards your landing pad for your suite.....

Alright guys, we didnt get quite as far as I wouldve liked but I still had a good time, have a good night and thanks for playing!
>>
>>1761380
*arm's length, also my plan is to start the next run on Sunday in the late afternoon or early evening
>>
>>1761380
Also feel free to discuss the thread and ask QM questions
>>
>>1761410
I mean, competition is good for us right and everybody offers something?
>>
The one day of the week I decide to have a life, and I miss a thread. Fml.
>>
>>1761649
thats what you get
>>
>>1761384
I also might try to get an early afternoon run in tomorrow, I'll keep you posted

>>1761436
for now it is, though generally crossing rogue traders is a bad idea, but so far we are just giving our business to both parties....
>>
>>1762567
>>1762567
That is a easy position to defend, but hes probably gonna fuck with the poor sod even more, or butter us up alot.
>>
>>1761436
>>1762597
i would not side too hard with L'Orean, just do a few deals with him where it seems suitable but don't side with him or try to outplay Tzavaras. seems like a really bad idea to get on the bad side of a rogue trader who apparently fucks up other rogue traders with ease...
>>
>>1762618
Wut? That is what we are planning to do, where did you get that I was suggesting otherwise?

To be clear I think Tzavaras isn't really going to do much aside from doing a personal visit and exchange some (un)kind or strong words maybe, then go fuck up L'Orean even more.
>>
>>1762625
just making sure we're all on the same side here because some anons already brought up the idea of offering a base and it could backfire rather quickly if we don't do this whole trading with L'Orean subtle and without commitments.

>To be clear I think Tzavaras isn't really going to do much aside from doing a personal visit and exchange some (un)kind or strong words maybe, then go fuck up L'Orean even more.

as long as we just do normal trade deals i think you're right.
>>
>>1762636
Unless L'Orean got us our own freaking space marine chapter or the ability to found one I can't see it us letting that ever really happen.
>>
>>1762648
>>1762636
I mean if we got ahold of his rite of trade, we could in theory 'legally' build a space marine chapter.
>>
>>1762567
Alright early afternoon today didn't work out but I got nothing scheduled tomorrow so I should be able to run starting around 4pm tommorow
>>
Here's a thing I'd be interested in acquiring if this guy is dealing in Tau tech.
If they can acquire us some Tau stealth equipment to reverse engineer, that could help keep our secret Space Marine chapter a secret.

Additionally, if we can work that tech into human tech and present it to the Inquisitor in a manner that won't lead us to getting Blammed, we might be capable of producing a rather valuable commodity in this heresy riddled system as it would increase the survilability of Inquisitorial operatives quite drastically, thus helping both uncover and uproot corruption.

Being a producer of special inquisitorial grade equipment would make us relatively valued within the Imperium too.
The rogue trader we were initially dealing with might also be interested in that equipment as well.

Stealth tanks, Stealth planes, Stealth power armor and what have you.
Preferably, make it so that it can be installed prior to battle and uninstalled afterwards.
We provide this equipment to Inquisition, they provide it to Lord Generals who in the official reports suddenly were "Inspired by the God Emperor", turning them into a "Tactical Geniuses" during their direst hours.

After the battle, the inquisitor collects the stealth equipment back.
>>
Just saying, Baneblade Scouts
>>
Combination of Astartes melee capabilities paired with Tau stealthsuit capabilities can be quite a brutal combination in intelligence heavy roles.
Stealth Flamers would also be a nasty surprise to any heretical forces in the system.
>>
>>1767129
>>1767134
>>1767147
I think there is a level of heresy that we should stay below before not even Corean can ignore or turn a blind eye to. We are reaching exterimintus levels of heresy if we did all that. Making well more than 1 faction of enemies. We barely have any solid allies aside from maybe corean, and if we show to be a heretic under his own nose then hes gonna get in huge trouble.

I think some of us are getting carried away with "wanking off to what could be if only" rather than what is and how to carefully tread the line. Just because we commit 1 small kind of heresy, does not mean we should just say fuck it and slam on the gas pedal and ramp it up too 100mph
>>
>>1767483
> Just because we commit 1 small kind of heresy, does not mean we should just say fuck it and slam on the gas pedal and ramp it up too 100mph

Absolutely. We're on a pretty fucking slippery slope at the moment in regards to heresy.
>>
>>1767129
>>1767134
>>1767147

First of all we don't have a chapter of SM, just a collection of rogues. Its rather more flavorful that way as well.

Doing all of that is waaaaay too heretical, there's no possible way we could get away with it. Besides, Tau are commie spacefags
>>
>>1767483
Good point. Let's refrain from using Xenotech.
Our fiddling with the Gene-seed is already arch heresy.

It's not as if Imperial stealth technology doesn't exist.
>>
>>1761380
We should learn more about that lady Lara or even seduce her
>>
By the way, is our star fort warp capable?
If not, we should try to get that up in the event that going gets tough and we need to GTFO from the system.
We should also upgrade it so it can manouver freely within the system.
Luckily, that's still sanctioned Imperial Technology.
>>
>>1769462
>star fort
What? We don't have that we have a space station
>>
>>1769462
Right now it's a space station with some internal upgrades along with improved armor, weapons, shields and maneuvering thrusters, you could probably go toe to toe with a cruiser but it's not recommended....

The capabilities fall short of a star fort though, as the imperium is very stingy with doling those out and we are a relatively low value frontier world in a undeveloped and unimportant part of the imperium
>>
>>1769527
Well, that's where our rogue trader friends come in I guess.
>>
>>1761380
You quickly are transported to your suite, where your body guards and staff are waiting to receive you, with fresh linens, food and wine available before you bed down for the night....

You eat an apple and pour yourself another glass of wine before you pull up your datapad for a quick review before going to sleep, with Captain Rizon, the Edge of Tommorows newly promoted officer sending you a report about rising tensions and unrest on the surface, where large mobs have formed and seem to be clashing with security forces and rioting, burning down several dozen blocks, with similar events occuring all over the planets major cities....

You slowly fall to sleep slightly concerned but feeling protected in one of the high spires, surrounded by loyal guards and servants....

You wake up the next morning, surprisingly only slightly hung over from the previous nights activities....

You have the better part of the day before you should return to the ball.....

A. Head down to the docks and see about buying a ship
B. Contact Lady Lara Casamuchi, and see what she is doing this fine morning
C. Try to sneak into the lower hives
D. Head over to the entertainment district home, to bars, restaraunts, theaters, whorehouses and other places of interest
E. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1769802
also here are the previous threads
>>1743572
last thread

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/515627/ part 1
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/538234/ part 2
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/557577/ part 3
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1680103/ part 4
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1701649/ part 5
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1724179/ part 6
>>
>>1769814
https://pastebin.com/KMM3vEqe
>>
>>1769802
>B. Contact Lady Lara Casamuchi, and see what she is doing this fine morning
>>
>>1769802
A
>>
>>1769802

A. Head down to the docks and see about buying a ship
>>
>>1769802
We can do the ship buying any time, no timelimits with that but there are with courship
>>
>>1769884
>no timelimits
>Literally a gathering of other nobles who can afford ships

I mean, You clearly don't understand now and early on is the best time to buy a ship before the others pick stuff clean.
>>
>>1769886
don't they produce 4 ships per week or something crazy? But i do see your point. Lets rather get the ship
>>
>>1769899
No, Warhammer ship's take a fuck long time to do build normally. Due to the size, Scale and the fact at the start of each shift you gotta offer like 9 kids to the machine spirit of the plasma torch.
>>
>>1769901
I still find it hard to believe that we could even afford a ship
>>
>>1769901
I know, I love how crazy the setting is but i do vaguely remember them having crazy high production rates here for ships. Could have been a few that are finishing up now come to think of it...
>>
>>1769802
>>
>>1769913
I think thats for like...escorts and some cruisers? I remember like a Battleship taking 30? fucking years.

>>1769912
Hey we got goods to trade and our production grows by the day.
>>
>>1769916
I would be surprised if it was for anything bigger than a light escort desu
>>
>>1769919
>Tfw its a Glorian class
>Tfw its a low low deal of a rights to an asteroid belt.
>>
>>1769916
I mean, you don't see every little backwater world having an armada of ships do you?

It's impressive that we have the ships that we do right now.
>>
>>1769938
You do realize we're more then a little backwater world at this point right?
>>
>>1769947
Do you honestly think we're not?

We're doing really well for where we are and what we have, but the system we're in itself is backwater.

Hell, our planet doesn't even have a population of 20 million I don't think.
>>
>>1769953
Honestly no, not anymore. That would be bare basic shit and we've gotten more then that. We're also making cash income and meeting our yearly amount of required goods.
>>
>>1769962
>space station
>small manufacturing capacity
>wine
>agricultural exports
>mining
>barely populated

anon, tithes are based upon what you produce, of course we are meeting them. Perhaps in a few generations if we really focused on increasing our population we'd be something to be reckoned with, but at the moment we really aren't. Bringing in refugees and settlers would bring their own issues of course, as we've seen.

Even if we had a Gloriana class we'd have a hell of a time trying to crew the thing alongside our other ships which I should imagine would a strain on us as it is.

We have the potential to be something big don't get me wrong, but we're a ways off yet I think.
>>
>>1769838
>>1769880
>>1769899

You decide to fly out to the shipyards and see if they have anything of interest for sale.....

You are slightly concerned as you cross the ramp from the landing pad to the yardmaster's office, a rusty old metal plate, long enough to stretch the gap between the landing pad and the office....

Clearly the Administration doesnt pay much attention to these people.....

You are greeted by a low level dockworker at the frontdesk, located in a small shack, regarded as the waiting room....

You are required to sign some papers verifying your identity, date of arrival, reason for coming and other Bureaucratic nonsense, and asked to pay a 100 throne fee for a one day pass....

You wait around for another 5 minutes with 2 of your bodyguards in the waiting room, when you are summoned by the yardmaster at the door of the shack....

He beckons you outside where you see he has parked a rusty old hover skill, you nervously join the Yardmaster on the skiff, the crotchedy old man mocking you slightly as you struggle to balance before for a moment before finding your feet again....

Your two men follow you aboard the skiff, quickly closing the metal gate, more like a chopped off section of the same metal railing surrounding the deck of the tiny skiff, but with a rusty old hinge attached, making a terrible wrenching noise as your bodyguard closes it....

There's a small belch of smoke as the skiff takes off towards the first item of interest, a large skeletal frame of a warship.....

As you approach the yardmaster speaks up saying "Dat dere one is the Gryphon, used to a O-ber-one class Battleship or some such, been 'sittin here for about 20 years I take it, nothin' left on her but a skeleton, the salvage boys took everything worth a throne on dere years ago....."

You look at massive skeletal frame, and look up the vessel on your datapad not coming with any "Oberone" class ships, but does turn up a result on the Oberon-Class Battleship an older, phased out predeccessor of the Emperor-Class Battleship....

You are taken around the skeletal frame several times, before he takes you off in another direction, towards a large hangar-like structure, you find sitting docked, a pair of Cobra-class destroyers, you instantly recognizing their design, as your family operates a squadron of them in their defense fleet, they are a lowcost counter to large capital ships, the four bow-mounted torpedo tubes, providing it with the capability to strike capital ships with hit and run attacks from long range, the Cobras speed and agility making it a skilled at evading enemy ships....

"These were supposed to some fancy pants Rogue Trader but apparently he ran out of money, and they've been impounded here ever since..."

You slowly make your way back to the Yardmasters office, you need to inquire about purchasing one or both, items if you wish to purchase them....
>>
>>1770091
While the yardmaster has not named his price, you believe you can likely afford both items, but it would involve blowing nearly all the liquid cash, in cold hard thrones that you have in your treasury, on the other hand you could just buy one item....

A. The pair of Cobras
B. The Skeletal Frame of the Oberon-class Battleship, you will have to tow it back to Tarkon IV with the Edge of Tomorrow
C. Both items
D. Pass on any purchases at this time....
>>
>>1770096
>Ask him if they can do any work on the Battleship class while here, because a skeleton frame being towed through warp is a hard thing to do.
>>
>>1770096
>A. The pair of Cobras
>>
>>1770096
C. Both items
We could turn the Oberon into a giant defence monitor for our system, slowly building it over many, many turns.

I think it would be worth it in the long run, what do my fellow anon's think?

Supporting this aswell>>1770106
>>
>>1770115
>I think it would be worth it in the long run, what do my fellow anon's think?

I think it's too long of an investment. Blowing our current treasury on something we won't be able to use for a long time, which we'll have to continually pour resources into is what it amounts to. Bringing in specialists from the Admech, acquiring a crew, a navigator. Very expensive project.
>>
>>1770096
>c
>>
>>1770096
my vote here >>1770106 but adding on

>C

If they are willing to work on it and stuff.
>>
>>1770115
Well, in regards to making a monitor of it, if you're going to invest in a battleship it's an investment to project power. May as well work on expanding the space station than sink resources into a BB like that.
>>
>>1770143
I definitely do agree, with regards to the monitor i was thinking we do that initially so we can get some use out of it but with the intention on upgrading it in the long run to be warp capable
>>
>>1770147
Well it's going to be years of investment in any case to get it going I should think, don't see much point in not working on having it warp capable from the get go.

Can our shipyard even facilitate work on a ship of this size currently?
>>
>>1770136
>>1770131
>>1770115
You offer to buy both items from the Yardmaster, the price coming up to a number similar to what you estimated.... 20 million thrones....

A fairly hefty price for what your buying, but hey there's a lot of buyers out there, especially with more nobles and high level officials in town than normal....

You ask the Yardmaster about doing some work on the ship before trying to take it back to Tarkon IV.....

He responds saying "Errr... I think I might be able to fit it in the repair schedule, ill have to run it past the boys...."

He walks into the office for several minutes coming out with old paper notebook, listing names and dates....

He finds a slot for the Battleship Skeleton, but then asks what all you want the ship to work on it, they tell you they don't have the resources for a full rework but they could do a.....

A. Full engine rebuild along with the engine bay and a small control bridge, to pilot it back home, when the ship is complete the control bridge would serve as an auxiliary bridge(10 million thrones)
B. Hull rebuild, includes option A, building on the entire unarmored hull and bulkheads, creating some very large rooms and corridors, but itll be up to you to build separation walls and a proper life support and power system, beyond the basic one used to power the bridge and engines(20 million thrones)
C. Pass on any work done on the ship and try to tow it back home....
>>
>>1770153
Yes but it would be take a very long time, and require a lot of raw material and advanced components for us to build, the components having to be bought or salvaged from somewhere....
>>
>>1770157
B. Hull rebuild, includes option A, building on the entire unarmored hull and bulkheads, creating some very large rooms and corridors, but itll be up to you to build separation walls and a proper life support and power system, beyond the basic one used to power the bridge and engines(20 million thrones)
>>
>>1770157
>C. Pass on any work done on the ship and try to tow it back home....

I thought we were already cleaned out? Be damned if I'll be going into debt.

>>1770160
Precisely why I wanted nothing to do with this.
>>
The phrase:

> Try to toe it back home

> Try to

Doesn't fill me with confidence...

> A. Full engine rebuild along with the engine bay and a small control bridge, to pilot it back home, when the ship is complete the control bridge would serve as an auxiliary bridge(10 million thrones)
>>
>>1770169
You can pay for it in installments, and use the sale of future shipments to provide income, essentially absorbing most of your budget surplus for the next year at least....
>>
>>1770170
agreed.... That boedes ill
>>1770157
Either A or pass. No way we are doing the 20mil deal.
>>
>>1770188
Won't we also be needing to divert a lot of our extracted natural resources towards the ship as well? And our increased tithes?

Aren't we also supposed to be preparing for an upcoming campaign?

Bad buy
>>
>>1770189
Pass, thinking more om it this will probably bite us in the ass
>>
>>1770203

Can we do that? I thought we have already had already bought it. If that isn't the case then absolutely we should pass on purchasing this glorified wreck...
>>
>>1770213
Nope we have only offered to buy it, no commitments yet
>>
>>1770213
Youve already bought it, but at this point you would have to tow it back to Tarkon IV and do all the work on it yourself, which would absorb most of next year's budget surplus, roughly 15 million thrones, however the money will go mostly to dockworkers and into supplies and raw material purchases... It will cost more if you are willing to spend top dollar on materials and components to get them sooner....
>>
>>1770230
You dont know how long the shipyard would take but Lieutenant D'Ambrosio, the Edge of Tomorrow's engineer took at it and roughly estimated it would take 4-5 years, especially with us already trying to rebuild a battlecruiser at home....
>>
>>1770231
took a look at it*
>>
>>1770235

Urgh...

Option A then I suppose...
>>
Going into debt over a wreck, absolute nonsense.
>>
>>1770235
Ouch our funds.... A it is or we could loose the Edge of Tomorrow
>>
>>1770255
>>1770243
>>1770163
You decide to pay him for the Engine rebuild, but passing on the full hull rebuild, at least for now anyway...

The yardmaster says...

"Looks like we can fit you in, in looks like about 8 years....."

"Job should take 1-2 years for us I reckon, dependin' on the availability of parts"

A. Accept the late-date appointment and leave, the deal done
B. Attempt to bribe the yardmaster for an earlier appointment(10,000 thrones)
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1770271
A. Accept the late-date appointment and leave, the deal done
>>
>>1770271

We've wasted W-A-Y too much money on this flight of fancy. No more...

> A. Accept the late-date appointment and leave, the deal done
>>
>>1770287
>>1770284
You accept the late date appointment, meaning it'll be a decade before the rework is done.....

You sign the ownership papers and work contract and fork over your cash....

After 2 hours in the shipyard you are now leaving, the owner of 2 newly minted Cobra torpedo boats and the skeletal frame of a Battleship, you go back to your quarters for a quick mid-day meal...

Your staff prepares a light lunch for you, as you conduct a working lunch, staying in contact and managing the overall operation as crewmen from the Edge of tomorrow transfer to crew the Cobras, where are promply flown back to Tarkon IV...

You now having eaten need to decide what else to do before the ball....

A. Contact Lady Lara Casamuchi, and see what she is doing this fine morning
B. Try to sneak into the lower hives
C. Head over to the entertainment district home, to bars, restaraunts, theaters, whorehouses and other places of interest
D. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1770318

> A. Contact Lady Lara Casamuchi, and see what she is doing this fine morning
>>
>>1770318

A. Contact Lady Lara Casamuchi, and see what she is doing this fine morning
>>
>>1770318
>A. Contact Lady Lara Casamuchi, and see what she is doing this fine morning
>>
>>1770318
>A. Contact Lady Lara Casamuchi, and see what she is doing this fine morning
>>
>>1770318
>> A. Contact Lady Lara Casamuchi, and see what she is doing this fine morning
>>
>>1770346
>>1770372
>>1770326
>>1770325
>>1770324
It takes a few moments to register to you how much time has passed since you got up this morning, as its now passed noon on Asteria III and the streets are growing crowded....

You decide to use the contact information given to you by Lara to call her over the vox...

She answers the call...

You ask her what she's up to, and if she'd be interested in meeting up this afternoon...

She tells you that her friends are either busy or too hungover from the night before to come out , and she has no real plans for the afternoon.....

She is currently wandering the shops in the entertainment district....

She tells you her exact location, and wants to meet up soon...

A. Wander the shops with her
B. Look for a cool local event on the voxnet to take her to
C. Make up an excuse why you can't meet up
D. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1770405
>A. Wander the shops with her
>>
>>1770405

>>
>>1770405

>>
>>1770441
>>1770411
>>1770410
You decide to wander the shops with her, boarding your shuttle and making your way to the seemingly endless streets filled with myriad shops, interspersed with restraunts and other attractions

You quickly meet up with her near the landing pad....

She mentions something about wanting to buy a new dress while shes at the Capital.....

A. Take her to the dress shop
B. Take her to a cafe
C. Take her to stand, where a merchant is selling ice-cream
D. Take her to a bar
E. Other(Write-in_)
>>
>>1770462
>A. Take her to the dress shop

Good thing we're broke
>>
>>1770462

>>
>>1770462
>>
>>1770468
>>1770469
>>1770480
You take her down the street to Yurvachi's one of the finest shops in the city....

She has a huge smile on her face as she picks out a half dozen dresses, all of the finest make(and greatest expense) and tries them on, asking you for your opinion on each one....

You find one of them particularly complementary of her skin tone and figure, a fine white dress made of some sort of Silk based composite fabric from Asteria's own shops, a nice contrast to her tanned skin and showing off her slight curves....

"Hmm Maxi, I like these dresses so much, I want them all, but for now I think I'll settle for this" As she picks up the white dress....

As she makes her decision, a moment passes before an attendant presents themselves with the bill, you are able to quickly steal a glance as its passed to Lara, 100,000 thrones....

"One of my guards is carrying my purse, I could summon him in here with it, or you could buy it for me, especially if you want to start courting me seriously, in addition my father would only seriously consider giving my hand to a man of means and power...."

A. Buy the dress for her
B. Make an excuse and try to leave
C. Express your interest in her, but decline to pay for the dress
D. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1770520
>Actually look it over, and make sure its of the finest quality.
>>
>>1770520
>A. Buy the dress for her
>>
>>1770520
>A. Buy the dress for her
>>
>>1770520
>A. Buy dress for her
>>
>>1770583
>>1770582
>>1770560
You pull out your credit chit, offering to pay, cutting her off before she calls her guard for the purse...

You quickly hand it to the attendant, to your discomfort, but are quickly rewarded with a bright smile from Lara, as she takes your arm, and walks with you out of the shop....

"A Parvanian Emerald necklace would really bring the whole outfit together Maxi, don't you think?"

You check the time, looks like you have about an hour to kill before its time to prepare for the ball....

A. Take her to the Jewelry Store
B. Take her to a cafe
D. Take her to a bar
E. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1770609
>B. Take her to a cafe

time for chit chat
>>
>>1770609
A. Take her to the Jewelry Store but if possible along the way offer her something sweet and cold.
>>
>>1770609
We can't just keep getting played around, we need to at least show more than wealth
>>
>>1770663
>>1770616
>>1770615
Any more votes on this? Looking for a tie breaker at least
>>
>>1770719
Ice cream, cafe, all the same to me.
>>
>>1770737
>>1770663
You decide to take her to the ice cream stand, a nice cheap attraction for a change, the two cones costing you only 20 thrones, as you are eating, she is smiling and laughing at the things you say, and you both go in for a quick kiss...

The rest of the date is eventful as you wander the city and make small talk for a short time before parting ways before the ball

"I'm looking forward to seeing you at the ball tonight Lord Governor...." She says with a mischievious smile

You quickly shower and get dressed, eating a snack before going to the ball boarding your shuttle to the ball, on the way there, you are informed that the unrest in the lower hives has reached a fever pitch, with Edge of Tommorow detecting large amounts of violence, including sporading small arms fire, between the mob and security forces, Captain Rizon informs you that the ship has detected the deployment of nerve gas agents against the crowds.....

You land at the ballroom, and are guided into the ballroom, going through several layers of security once again, this time even more stringent...

You find yourself in the open ballroom once more and see Johann early this time, who beckons you over to the bar, you are shortly met by Lara and several friends, when one of them makes a joke about Lara's father... When you give a slightly confused look, one of them explains her father is supposed to be making an appearance tonight....

Alright guys im gonna take a little break now, but I plan on running for another hour or two at 10:15PM eastern time
>>
>>1770783
Oh fucking boy.
>>
>>1770783
>you are informed that the unrest in the lower hives has reached a fever pitch, with Edge of Tommorow detecting large amounts of violence, including sporading small arms fire, between the mob and security forces

Best have the armsmen readied. Approximately how many armsmen do we have for that matter? Alongside our guard we should have plenty enough men to fight our way out if everything goes wrong.
>>
>>1770801
There are an estimated thousand crewman on the cruiser who also serve as armsmen in addition to your 100 man honor guard company composed of your storm troopers, auxilia and Tarkon Ian noble guards
>>
>>1770271
We drop 1000x the amount of the bribe for a ship and cheap out on making it be built years earlier, but then spend >>1770520
100,000 here for a girl we probably won't even marry.

>>1770814
Did the pair of ships we buy belong to a certain down on his luck Rouge Trader we met most recently?

And do they come with a crew?

Also can we send some of our men down to the hives, disguised to ask whats going on?
>>
>>1770989
>attempt
Buying that hunk of metal was a waste in the first place.

A political marriage is actually useful.

>staying in contact and managing the overall operation as crewmen from the Edge of tomorrow transfer to crew the Cobras
>>
>>1771037
Remember that girl that ran away from her dad when she was getting married off? We'd be better off cozying up to him than to the daughter. As the girl can like us as much as she wants, but if the dad does not, or has more beneficial suitors, then we are shit out of luck.
>>
>>1770989
They never did say which Rogue Trader it was that ran out of money and cancelled the purchase, but you can feel free to speculate....

The ships were being manned by our crews, forming skeleton crews for the small craft

The estimate is based off the crewman remaining on the Edge of Tomorrow
>>
>>1770783
You share a drink and a smile with Lara, before joining the rest of the group in general gossip and small talk...

Almost two hours pass in the joy of the night, you being introduced and making friends with several young nobles, several of them heirs to important systems....

You hear the call go out for the first dance, and take Lara's arm, taking her through several quick steps, before the music shifts to some slow dancing where you make a few intimate moves on her....

As you are slow dancing you notice a high ranking nobleman, looking at you with apprehension, the livery on the the nobles entourage, showing him to be Lord Lorenzo Casamuchi, Governor of Yoros II, one of the more developed worlds, in the sector, formerly a frontier world....

As the music stops you whisper in Lara's ear, and ask her what to do about her father

She whispers back "Follow my lead", as she takes your hand and walks you towards where her father is standing, introducing you as her newest suitor, rattling off the long form of your name and all of your titles and accomplishments in a highly public fashion....

Lord Casamuchi seems reluctant, but shakes your hand..

"I assure you, I would not accept the proposal of anything less than the highest caliber man, especially for my sole child and heir..."

You quickly make some small talk and attempt to charm the man, but it seems to be falling short, so you make a quick, polite exit and look for anything of interest in the room....

As you quickly scan you notice the Lord General is back, as well the Admiralty Board and several high ranking Naval Officers...

You also see L'Orean in the corner speaking to the some nobleman, good to see him doing business....

A. Attempt to speak to the Lord General
B. Speak to the Admiralty Board
C. Speak to L'Orean
D. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1771157
>A. Attempt to speak to the Lord General

Piss on the admiralty with gasoline
>>
>>1771157
A. Attempt to speak to the Lord General

We do send our men directly to him right?
>>
>>1771157
>A. Attempt to speak to lord general
>>
>>1771202
>>1771195
>>1771184
You approach the Lord General's entourage, despite the disrespect he showed you last evening, the Lord General quickly parting through several Officers to shake your hand personally, "Apologies Lord Governor, I did not know you were such an important and well regarded figure, please sit down with me for a drink"

You follow him to a small table, far from most people, a fairly private spot in the crowded ballroom chamber...

What would you like to say to him/ask him about? (This is a write-in)
>>
>>1771258
>Ask him how things are going and if he is in need of more men/things of that nature and what his been up too and stuff.

I dunno boss, Didn't think he'd see us this time.
>>
>>1771258

Ask him about the recent fights with heretics and rebels, see if there's been any new developments in the way the enemy operates.

>>1771272
Do we really want to give away our men for the lord general to squander?
>>
>>1771272
>>1771288
You engage in some basic pleasantries with the Lord General, asking how he is doing, before getting into more sensitive subjects....

When you ask about the ongoing campaigns, the Lord General seems overconfident, boasting about various victories, his list of successes extremely unimpressive, the Lord General taking credit for putting down several small-scale disorganized uprisings that happened to occur on planets the Imperial Guard had garrisoned, claiming them as great victories against the foes of the Emperor....

All right guys, thats all I got for tonight, I will try to run wednesday night for sure, possibly tomorow night as well.

As always feel free to discuss the thread and ask any QM questions you may have. Have a great night!
>>
>>1771596
Thanks for running
>>
>>1771596
thanks for the run mate.
>>
do you guys seriously want to get as such a gold-digger as wife? asuming we would get her, don't you think she would jump the ship the first moment it goes downwards with our worl and wealth for whatever reason? i don't see what we would get out of that. even if it's some slight support from her father we would be better of with a girl that actually is capable of something and can help us in our everyday business. there won't be many of them that our suitable for us, but still. since we're only the second son i don't think we would get big problems with the family or whatever even if we took some lower girl
>>
>>1771996
I don't, but the only reason to go for one of these girls is for political alliances and closer bonds with another house. It would be better to meet with our parents or grandparents if they are still alive on good marriages they can set us up with.

We can also just get beautiful tribal girls who give us many kids and maybe fight for us in combat, or go for more down to earth lets say ex-guardsmen girls, or fight some other self made girl like that one in a previous thread who was also a planetary governor.
>>
>>1772039
i mean we don't have to go for a tribal girl or so, i'm sure there's also usefull noble girls that are capable of more than just looking good on our arm and costing a lot. we just have to look for one. just a down to earth girl that brings some skills to the table. or take a girl from a lower house which is used to actually work and not just spend money left and right
>>
>>1772047
More or less what I'm getting at, but tribal girls tend to fuck you better in bed.
>>
>>1772087
>tribal girls tend to fuck you better in bed.
what do we need them for if we have our 3 Mechanicum boys? they for sure know how to build the meanest sex machine.
>>
>>1772091
>implying cog-boys ever had sex or know what a VJ looks like.
>>
>>1772092
>impyling they didn't hack into the database and found the sexbot blueprint/STD the first week they were there
>>
>>1771996
>>1772039
Anon, tribal girls and female station workers are for fun, not marriage. We need a noble girl with good value. She's the daughter of a much richer and more important World then ours, we're basically marrying up. Sure there may be better prospects more willing later, and I doubt that to be perfectly honest, and sure we had to drop some cash on her but that's just part of the game. She isn't some girl we're trying to sleep with, she's an important figure we need to impress and that includes showing off our wealth. Plus, I think we played it off well, we bought her a nice dress which shows off our wealth, and when we took her for ice cream and gossiped with her, we showed that we were charming and fun to be around. It's all part of the game, we're just playing it and doing well it seems. Also, we already have a tribal harem and have implied we slept with at least a few of the techies on station, just saying.
>>
>>1771996
Anon, a political alliance is far far more valuable than some commoner with "skills"

Marrying down is for idiots
>>
>>1773286
Pretty much this, wives are for politics, alliances, and inheritance/dowries. Employees/minions are for skills and being useful for everyday business.
>>
>>1772488
>>1773286
alright, fine guys, we get the gold digger
>>
>>1774764
If it makes you feel better, she isn't a gold digger, just a spoiled noble. There's a difference.
>>
>>1774801
i'll keep that in mind, it helps a bit.
>>
>>1771596
Alright I'm thinking I should have time to run from 8-11pm eastern tonight, barring any unexpected developments
>>
>>1774764
>Golddigger
>Richer than us

Kek, you think we're money?
>>
>>1775221
We were, then we got assigned to some frontier shit world, we've been doing well though, probably the only reason her dad isn't against it. Though, he does still seem hesitant, we'll really need to build ourselves up.
>>
I would personally recommend marrying into one of the following:
1. Naval Nobility ( Be it merchant or admiralty. )
2. Administratum Nobility ( Helps dealing with tithes and paperwork )
3. Admech (Yes, a marriage alliance with a forgeworld is a possibility.)
4. Rogue Trader dynasty. ( Even if they are bankrupt, warrant of trade in the family is a great thing to have, seeing that the rogue trader can set up a new colony on an unclaimed worlds and set us up as the governor if things go south.)
5. Marry a War Hero ( Guaranteed competence and prestige. )

Problem is finding one that's ok with our tech heresy.
Having a QT Magos would be great.
>>
>>1775515
>tech priest waifu

HOLD ON NOW. WHAT? YOU MY RADAR AT FULL
>>
>>1775523
Yes, it's entirely possible to ally with the Mechanicum via a marriage.
Indeed, such an arrangement would be mutually beneficial should a Magos find themselves in a situation where a particularly ambitious and competent underling is trying to take his position, it would be a godsend if they could be moved off world.

It is not uncommon for losing sides such powerstruggles lead to many techpriests ending up in rogue trader fleets or otherwise ending up off world.

If we still are officially designated as a feudal world by the administratum, which we probably still are since the info is updated slowly, offering to make a marriage alliance with Mechanicum would probably lead to the Magos thinking it a great chance to haul one of his competitors to somewhere that they can't challenge him.

It's not often you can make such a great excuse to ship your rivals to a feudal world after all.
>>
>>1775523
Naturally, if we still have the Volkite Weapon, presenting that as a wedding gift would work wonders for the whole marriage arrangement thing.

+ If she can move her entire faction under our wing, all the better.
>>
Techpriest waifu is going to probably be a moneysink as well just so you know, but at least she will buy cool shit instead.
>>
>>1775515
>>1775523
>>1775549
>>1775556
>>1775571
>>1775571
>Techpriest waifu
>Is a legitimate thing in universe
how did I not know about this sooner?

On a serious note, we seem to have two good prospects for marriage at the moment

1) Rogue Trader Tzavaras' daughter seems to be a good prospect. She's shown attraction and we've even slept with her if I remember correctly. It seems like an avenue worth trying.

2)Lady Lara Casamuchi, Governer Lorenzo Casamuchi. She's pretty much already introduced us to her father as a new suitor and he didn't reject us, even if he was reluctant. He's of a higher house and stronger governship from our own, marrying his daughter would either build a strong alliance with an influential house in the system or even allow us the ability to inherit depending on who his heirs are. Plus marrying up is also good.

Neither is set in stone but they're both good marriages for us.
>>
>>1775638
Well, thing about marrying up is that you are screwed if the family is secretly heretical, which considering the sort of shit we've run into is very much a likely prospect.

With rogue trader dynasty, it doesn't matter that much since they have a license to get away with a lot of shit.

We should also consider how vulnerable is this lady to Chaos corruption, considering the state of our system and the sort of parties she miht frequent.
>>
>>1775279
>were

Precisely, we're not going to be inheriting the riches of our family as it were, damn lucky to be given a planet.

>>1775515
>4. Rogue Trader dynasty

Really the only one worth it outside a noble family with planetary holdings. Pushed for that daughter of Tsavaras in the old threads but no one else was interested.
>>
>>1771596
You listen to the Lord General drone on some more about some beautiful exotic local princess he bedded while on campaign on a primitive world, and how he slew a chaos warrior in single combat, and tired of his bullshit stories, are able to make an excuse to extricate yourself from the conversation....

You are alerted on your vox, of a recorded message, received during your talk with the General, Captain Rizon tells you that the situation in the underhives is getting dicey, and footage taken from the highpowered pictgraphs on the Edge of Tomorrow, show what appear to several security officers, switching sides and joining the rioting mob.....

You find yourself scanning the room once more for people to talk to....

A. Regroup with Johann and the young nobles
B. Speak to the Admiralty Board
C. Speak to L'Orean
D. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1775916
>A. Regroup with Johann and the young nobles

Lets see what we can gleam out of these lads

Also, can we put our guard on alert and have our armsmen put on standby in case everything goes to hell and we need to fight our way out?
>>
>>1775889
>>1775279
>>1775221
Technically speaking we are moderately wealthy by the standards of the ruling classes of the Imperium, the main difference between us and most nobles is that we have invested the money in improving our planet and demense while most nobles squander their wealth on entertainment and superflous luxury items....

Since we are the second son, and our family was granted a frontier world on the edge of the Imperium, we were sent to govern this, while our older brother has been groomed and is prepared to inherit our family's hiveworld in Segmentum Solar, along with the lion's share of the family wealth....

This has effectively been a political exile, placing far from the centers of Imperial power and the politics of our family, making it a good place to send less useful and more problematic members of the Family....
>>
>>1775933
>This has effectively been a political exile, placing far from the centers of Imperial power and the politics of our family, making it a good place to send less useful and more problematic members of the Family....

On this note, considering the recent warp fuckery, is it possible to communicate with our family? Might not hurt bringing in more undesirables to bolster the size of our capital as well as any black sheep cousins that might be useful.
>>
>>1775916
>B. Speak to the Admiralty Board

These guys are defs worth talking to and chumming up with
>>
>>1775939
Travel and communications between the western part of Segmentum Pacificus and the rest of the Imperium are spotty at best right now, and seem to be getting worse over time, with a massive warpstorm cutting us off from the rest of the Imperium....
>>
>>1775950
Them shits have done nothing but rob us since we got here
>>
>>1775916
>B. Speak to the Admiralty Board
>>1775889
wasn't disagreeing, just adding to the discussion is all
>Rogue Trader
I'm all for pursuing Tsavaras' daughter when we get back. She's a good marriage prospect and we did well in charming her. All it would really take is a call. Not to say the governor's daughter isn't good but we should check all of our options before we seriously court someone.
>>
>>1776029
>>1775950
You stroll over to the Admiralty board, where there are two clear cliques, one group around Admiral Lorent Argus while the other seems to be grouped up around Solar Admiral Markus Bredford....

As you approach, both men move to meet you, clearly more aware of your reputation and wealth than they were during the audience...

"Have you reconsidered granting your patronage to the navy? I have a bottle of 100 year Karelian we can discuss it over..."

You sit down with the Admirals who are more interested in your patronage than before and are prepared to sweeten the deal offered before, saying that you only need to pay for fuel and supplies for the ships operating out of the outpost, most of which can be supplied from Tarkon IV itself, as opposed to paying all of the costs of an Imperial Naval Outpost in the system, in addition you retain all the perks of having warships frequently docking, bringing business as well providing protection....

A. Take them up on the offer
B. Decline politely
C. Tell them that you will think on it, and decide at another time
D. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1776135
>B. Decline politely
>>
>>1776135
>in addition you retain all the perks of having warships frequently docking, bringing business as well providing protection....

And having a bunch of prying eyes and ships not loyal to us.
>>
>>1776135
C. Tell them that you will think on it, and decide at another time

We want away from prying eyes. If we want to set up tourism then we can easily. What we need are ships and fleets under our control.
>>
>>1776135
>C. Tell them that you will think on it, and decide at another time
I'm hesitant to accept but I'd rather not say no immediately.
>>
>>1776135
>C. Tell them that you will think on it, and decide at another time
>>
>>1776158
>>1776154
>>1776136
You decide to pass for now, not really being all that interested in Naval protection, when it comes at the cost of your privacy, and likely some of your independence....

The room drops to dead silence as a small shake and distant rumble of explosions can be heard, even outside the thick insulated rooms of the Hive Spire....

A moment later, the lights flicker out, and auxiliary lights come on, giving the room a minimal level of illumination....

The Sector Governor takes the center of the room and announces that there has been a minor technical dificulty, and to remain calm and inside the ballroom until its resolved....

You notice his face contorting in a slack jawed fashion, after a security officer mentions something in his ear....

A. Stay put for now, everything is fine
B. To hell with it, you are getting out of here
C. Try to regroup with Lara and Johann
D. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1776175
>C. Try to regroup with Lara and Johann
D. Other(Write-in)

>Put our security team on high alert and have them ready to bust heads and help us get out of here

Just a thought but if shit hits the fan it'll probably boost the shit out of our rep if we stick around and help evac the rich and noble people
>>
>>1776175
this has my vote>>1776180
>>
>>1776180
C. Try to regroup with Lara and Johann

We should see to "saving" some people and earning favors.....
>>
>>1776180
Backing
>>
>>1776194
>>1776184
>>1776180
You decide to regroup with Johann and Lara, who are huddled with a group of other nobles, gossiping and generally still having a good time, clearly unaware of the severity of the situation, you quickly take both of them aside and explain what you know, and that you need to leave.....

They both agree to come with you, Lara taking her father along, unfortunately between Johann and House Casamuchi only brought a squad of guards each, not really expecting to face a serious security threat in the Sector Capital....

You make your way, to the door, where you easily enter an outer room where a squad of your security forces, along with other peoples private security details are waiting...

You see L'Orean and several other High Ranking officials argueing with a Planetary Security Officer, leading a squad guarding the door to the landing pads

"I am under orders from the Sector Governor himself to not permit anyone to leave, as the situation outside is too dangerous"

L'Orean growls back "Damn your orders! Were trapped like animals in here"

You see L'Orean signal to his massive Ogryn bodyguard

"I know you will make the right choice here, please don't make Grom here have to convince you" As the huge abhuman warrior flexs his muscles....

The Security Officer, draws his weapon, his men following suit....

After a moment, every armed man in the room seems to have their weapons drawn, most of them at the Security Officer, who motions to his men, before holstering his pistol, having them open the door to the landing pads....

Looking down from the spire you see several massive plumes of smoke rising, as well the signs of several very large active fires in the lower hives....

You can also hear the sounds of distant gunfire and explosions....

You quickly gather your guards along with Lara, her Father and his guards, along with Johann and his retainers....

As you are about to cross the ramp to your shuttle, you are stopped by a group of minor Lordlings, likely the family spares, born too far down the line of succession to have much of a chance of getting anything, but still provided with a luxurious lifestyle and kept around as a space, in case of a sudden death or disaster in the family.....

"Please Lord Governor, if you have the room, allow us to come with you...."

Most of them rode to the event on chartered craft or with other Family members, and now are left without an easy way off world....

A. Let them on with us
B. Have them find their own way offworld
C. Tell them to ask L'Orean for a ride instead
D. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1776240
>A. Let them on with us

aw, I was hoping to stick around and get into some sweet carnage fighting our way out of the hive
>>
>>1776240
>A. Let them on with us

Super glad we didn't go down to the lower hives for a site seeing expedition
>>
So anyone else think getting an Ogryn or two into our bodyguard would be pretty choice?
>>
>>1776240
>A. Let them on with us
Do a quick search or scan for weapons or heretical stuff before letting them on.
>>
>>1776283
>>1776251
You agree to try to fit them on the shuttle....

Everyone straps in where they can, with people sitting on others laps, or standing and holding to something....

Conveniently the safety situation gives Lara a reason to sit in your lap, much to her father's chagrin....

You can see out he window of the shuttle, crowded streets with the mob fighting the security forces, in open street combat, with a large minority of security troops deciding to switch sides, joining the increasingly powerful revolt as the massive mob of surprisingly well armed hivers, with 1 in 4 carrying some sort of ranged weapon, consisting of shotguns, lasguns and autoguns while the most of the rest are armed, with clubs and metal pipes, with a handful of leaders carrying chainweapons.....

You fly over, barely dodging a flak burst from a ground based weapon on one of the lower hives, as you look out the window, you see the burning wreckage of a stricken shuttle going down, looking to crash somewhere in the underhives....

You order the pilot to immediately increase to maximum speed and leave orbit, despite the safety risks of performing a high gravity rapid maneuver with so many people crammed aboard....

The craft shakes slightly from nearby flak fire a another 3 seconds before jolting forwards as the afterburners are burned to maximum power... Knocking several people over, at least one of them with a broken arm, and another with a broken neck, but avoiding the ground fire and reaching the safety of Edge of Tomorrow's Berths.....

You have the ships chirugeons take a look at the injured while you make your way to the bridge....

Once reaching it you quickly apprise yourself of the situation on the surface, and ask for guidance and suggestions from your Officers......

You have several concerns on the surface, first of which, depending on how loyal your are feeling to the Imperium, is that the Sector Capital, and a major world of the Sector being lost at this fragile moment, would likely lead to stronger support for the separatist elements in the Sector.....

Secondly, you have the Skeletal Frame of the Battleship you bought, still lying in the outer docks, waiting its turn to have work done on it...

While the Navy and the Adeptus Mechanicus can be expected to guard their parts of the Docks, you have little hope theyll move to save the parts owned by the Planetary government and private owners, including you.....

You will be forced to either try to tow it home, which will require temporarily securing the docks long enough to securely attach several towing cables....

Alternatively you could leave it behind, and hope that its limited value and status as a resource and time sink, will be left alone by the Separatists.....
>>
>>1776361
A. Order your men to secure the docks and begin the towing operation
B. Decide to risk the frame and leave this world, before things get worse
C. Attempt to try to save loyalists in the upper hives, providing cover for their evacuation
D. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1776368
>C. Attempt to try to save loyalists in the upper hives, providing cover for their evacuation

afterwards, if possible

A. Order your men to secure the docks and begin the towing operation
>>
>>1776368
>C. Attempt to try to save loyalists in the upper hives, providing cover for their evacuation

Meh. I don't really care about being loyalist, but be damned if I'll give space commies a break.
>>
>>1776368
>A. Order your men to secure the docks and begin the towing operation
Ditch the asshole who made ppl desperate enough to turn to space communism.
>>
>>1776368
What about our pair of cobra ships?
>>
>>1776440
They already gone home
>>
>>1776440
They were crewed by men from the Edge of Tomorrow, and taken home shortly after we bought them earlier in the day
>>
>>1776368
Fuck Space Commies
>>
>>1776376
>>1776387
You decide to deploy your armsmen and most of your personal guard company to guard the evacuation of the citizens of the upper hives and spires...

A large number of people who fled the lower hives have crowded the upper levels of the hive, with anyone with any kind of wealth or power running from the revolutionary separatists who take their anger out on anyone they perceive to have reaped benefits from the rule of the previous regime....

While the upperhives have been breached, the highest ring has not, the spires still being secure for the moment, due to the most loyal security forces being placed there....

They guard several chokepoints to the spires, which they are still holding primarily due to fortifications and the disorganization of the mob, which is still occupied with looting the upper hives....

You move men to secure the chokepoints and cover any approaches to the spire, while its not recommended to get into an extended battle with the mob, your Officers believe you can hold for 12 hours at least against the oncoming hordes....

You see there are still over a dozen shuttles on landing pads that can be taken, as well an old freighter under some sort of maintenance in the docks, if it could be made to fly, it could save thousands of people....

As this is a humanitarian and PR move primarily, you need to how to decide you want to manage the operation....

A. Manage the operation from the Bridge of Edge of Tomorrow, which will be safer, and no risk of your life in the event the operation goes bad
B. Manage the operation from the a fortified room in the spire, will require to take several guards out of the defence to protect you, and several hours to fortify a series of rooms with good sightlines as your command post, but it will improve your reputation, and be a great PR move, inspiring your men and comforting the evacuees....
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1776521
>B. Manage the operation from the a fortified room in the spire, will require to take several guards out of the defence to protect you, and several hours to fortify a series of rooms with good sightlines as your command post, but it will improve your reputation, and be a great PR move, inspiring your men and comforting the evacuees....
>>
>>1776521
Alright guys I gotta tap out for the night, thanks for playing and I will try to continue this, and try to get the thread going tomorrow night around 8pm eastern time

As always feel free to ask questions and discuss the thread
>>
>>1776610
Thanks for running
>>
>>1776521
>B
>make a phone call before we go to our men back home we might need back up and also tell our newest 'RT' friend he might have a chance to make a buck if he helps out
>>
>>1776521
B. Manage the operation from the a fortified room in the spire, will require to take several guards out of the defence to protect you, and several hours to fortify a series of rooms with good sightlines as your command post, but it will improve your reputation, and be a great PR move, inspiring your men and comforting the evacuees....
C. Other(Write-in)
Call back our Cobras to provide more space and support. Tell them to double time.
>>
>>1776521
B. Manage the operation from the a fortified room in the spire, will require to take several guards out of the defence to protect you, and several hours to fortify a series of rooms with good sightlines as your command post, but it will improve your reputation, and be a great PR move, inspiring your men and comforting the evacuees...
>>1776610
Thanks for running
>>
>>1776521
>B. Manage the operation from the a fortified room in the spire, will require to take several guards out of the defence to protect you, and several hours to fortify a series of rooms with good sightlines as your command post, but it will improve your reputation, and be a great PR move, inspiring your men and comforting the evacuees....
>>
Yay for Admiralty and Mechanicus brownie points.

If all the things go well, we can turn this into a blockbuster action flick with way more explosions than necessary.

We have the story be with a Planetary Governor negotiating patronage to the Imperial Navy in a system filled with conflict, but both are filled with too much pride and machismo to initially get along, there is an explosion and first action scene starts.

There's gonna be huge testosterone packed action scenes one after another and during the movie, everyone is downing copious amounts of Lho-sticks and Amasec, killing recidivists in the most corniest, over the top ways.

In the moment that all looks bleak, the Imperial Navy arrives and there's a moment of brotherly lust where the Lord Admiral comes down himself and the camera focuses on a handshake with flexing of biceps where the two joke about who should be patroning who as they stand inside the shipyard now filled with corpses of recidivists.
>>
>>1777220
Lord Admiral you son of a Bitch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txuWGoZF3ew
I have the navy hasn't gotten you pushing to many buttons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txuWGoZF3ew
Speak for yourself Governor you been pushin Pencils?
>>
>>1776521

>>1777220
As far as I'm concerned the admiralty can pay us back all the money they gypped us or be thrown to the mob.
>>
>>1776546
>>1776653
>>1776841
>>1777371
>>1777201
>>1776841
>>1776873
You and your men take up a position in a series of old offices, with several windows facing into a large courtyard, where one of the main chokepoints feeds into....

You can see the fear and confusion on the faces of the people rushing to evacuate, many of them middle-class shop owners and other non-commoners unable to afford their own ships and easy access offworld....

Like fleeing rats, the leaders and high level nobility have all fled, some moving so quick as to leave staff, retainers and even family members behind in their rush....

A squad of men are posted to protect you, and some sandbags and barricades are set up to provide at least some level of fortification against any attack....
>>
>>1779629
Your men, deployed in 4 main groups, 3 forming units to defend the 3 main chokepoints, while the 4th group represents a reserve company, to be sent in when one of the defenses is faltering and about to collapse, it is led by your champion, Pollard who is followed by a squad of Tarkonian noble guards armed with melee weapons, the rest of the company comprised of naval armsmen, armed with lasguns and shotguns....

It is at this time, that Pollard reveals to you that he had Xeroth rework his power sword into a power glaive, affixing it to a long plasteel handle, taking advantage of Pollards polearm mastery....

Each company calls in over the vox reporting they have reached their positions, currently held by a handful of the remaining loyal security forces to the Planetary government....

You believe that the Edge of Tomorrow can hold another 1000 people in its holds, and many more can be saved if some of the ships in orbit and in the system can be convinced to come back and save people.....

You can hear a low rumble over the pictcast from from of your troops helmets, as you watch from the command center...

The last few evacuees has pushed their way past your defenders and now all that is left is the mob, who have reorganized and regrouped and are now attempting to rush the chokepoints, many of them laden with stolen goods, and the covered in the stains of food they wolfed down and worse things as they looted and raided the upper hives....

Several warning are given over a loudspeaker, along with warning shots but the mob keeps coming.....

A small group of your men is also trying to organize the evacuees on the landing pad, directing them to shuttles, and you commandeer the abandoned ones and bring in several of your own to pick up people....

You are alerted when the mob charges the barricades at one of the chokepoints, by a major increase in vox traffic as squad leaders coordinate firing patterns and the defense, badly outnumbered by the unwashed sea of humanity pushing against them.....

Please roll a d100, I will take the first 3 rolls to determine the success of the defense, and ditch the lowest roll, averaging the rest
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>1779699
ded cause the avg system is back again.
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>1779699
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>1779699

>You believe that the Edge of Tomorrow can hold another 1000 people in its holds,

err that seems rather small for a cruiser
>>
>>1779741
>>1779713
average of 22.5 a major failure....

Your naval armsmen, while they have received some minimal training, are not professional ground troops and are armed in a similar fashion to many in the angry mob, despite your mens bravery, dozens go down holding the chokepoints, only able to fire a few rounds into the crowd before being rushed and forced into hand-to-hand combat....

There is some good news at least, as you have made contact with your two cobras and they are returning to help pick up people, while L'Orean and several nobility with ships still in the system, have been inspired by your actions and are joining in to help evacuate people and contribute reinforcements to the chokepoints, L'Orean personally joining the defense of chokepoint 3, leading several squads of mercenary gunmen, and protected by his massive Ogryn bodyguard, from anyone who gets too close.....

However checkpoint 1 has begun to falter, and the mob, sensing weakness has surged forward.....

A. Deploy the reserve company
B. They will hold, we must be patient
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1779777
B. They will hold, we must be patient

>Rig bombs if possible along routes, when forces retreat
>>
>>1779777
>A. Deploy the reserve company
>>
>>1779777
>A. Deploy the reserve company
>>
>>1779854
>>1779783
>>1779781
No more votes? Seems like qst is running a little slow tonight....
>>
>>1779777
B
>>
>>1779928
Eh, I'm having connection issues
>>
>>1779977
>>1779928
>>1779854
>>1779783
>>1779781
Need a tiebreaker so I can get this going again, want to try to do a few more posts before bed
>>
>>1780023
Just try to roll 1d2
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1780023
Ok 1 for A and 2 for B
>>
>>1780043
>>1779977
>>1779781
You order the men at checkpoint 1 to hold fast, keeping the reserve company back for the moment, "2nd Squad has 2 men down, and is falling back to the second barricade"

You switch to a squad leader's helmet-based pictgraph seeing the filthy hordes of hivers climbing over a line of barricades, stampeding over at least 2 dozen armsmen, most of which are badly wounded..... a brutal death as you blink for a moment, seeing one of your armsman skull crushed by the feet of the crowd.....

Your men are unexpectedly relieved by the arrival of a company of House Casamuchi armsmen and a squad of mercenaries from L'Orean's forces....

One of the mercenary gunmen is armed with a grenade launcher, which he uses to devastating effect against the mob, the fragmentation grenade rounds, literally tearing through flesh and bone amongst the crowd, temporarily pushing it back....

You can hear the clicks, as the grenade launcher's revolving drum magazine, finds itself empty, all 6 grenades quickly expended pushing back the crowd, the gunmen, cursing as he fumbles with reloading the launcher.....

The crowd, now enraged, seeing the grenade launcher silenced, attempts to surge forward again, being met by an increasing tempo of lasgun and shotgun fire from the defending troops.....

Please roll a d100, Ill take average of first 4 rolls, dropping the lowest one
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>1780146
ded
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1780146
This work posting us terrible
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>1780146
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>1780185
>>1780172
>>1780163
Rolling just to keep up going
>>
>>1780232
>>1780172
>>1780163
Average of 65.3 a decent success

The surviving Naval Armsmen of the 1st, 2nd and 6th companies, Stormtroopers of Alpha and Delta team of the 1st Honor Guard Storm Company and the reinforcements from House Casamuchi and L'Orean attempt to desparately hold on against the rising horde....

Dozens of hiver scum are shot by the defenders as they rush the short distance separating the two barricades, the defender's barricade being a 4 foot tall ferrocrete wall, low enough that a standing man can easily cover and shoot from it or a man equipped with riot gear can move about enough to strike down unruly protestors and rioters with a blunt weapon

Many of the fighting on the barricades quickly devolves into melee fighting... Some leader yells "Fix bayonets!" and the call is echoed across the line of soldiers, relieving the men caught in hand to hand combat with only their rifle butts to use as clubs....

The ferocity of the counter attack temporarily pushes back the mob, securing the second barricade for the moment at least, as the even the most unruly of the mob huddle behind the protection of the 1st barricade...

As the last of the mob jumps back to the other side of the 1st barricade,

"Ahh finally..."

says Sage Newman, a Arch-Militant of L'Orean's mercenary forces as he finally finishes reloading the grenade launcher after the fierce 10 minutes of fighting....

The 1st, 2nd and 6th Naval Armsmen report 86 casualties from the fighting so far, almost a third of their strength, including over 40 dead

The Stormtroopers report 2 dead and 6 wounded from their original 20 men...

In the spire, over half of the 100,000 people trapped in the spire have been evacuated succesfully, with more shuttles and ships joining the effort by the hour, you expect the chokepoints need to hold for a few more hours to make sure everyone gets out....

The other 2 chokepoints are relatively quiet with the mob seeing to focus there organization and might on chokepoint 1....

So far the mob seems pinned back, but dusk has fallen, with nightfall following soon afterward, and the mob seems to regrouping a block away from the checkpoint, getting ready for another big push....

A. Deploy the Reserve Company
B. Tell them to hold fast
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1780573
>B
HOLD

Also sorry, got stuck working late
>>
>>1780573
B. Tell them to hold fast
>>
>>1780573
B
>>
>>1780581
>>1780580
>>1780577
A great murmur in the crowd can be heard as a massive hiver steps out from among them, "I Kratom Strong, will lead the liberation of Asteria III from the front if I had to!"

The mans huge frame protected by what looks to be a scrapped together set of carapace armor from several sources and armed with a large chainsword, he is backed by a group of loyal thugs, armed with clubs and metal pipes, easily crushing bones and knocking people down, especially effective against the unarmored armsmen... Even the stormtrooper armor only provides minimal protection, as its designed to resist gunfre, not blunt strikes....

The hivers begin chanting "Strong!', "Strong!", "Strong!" as the hulking hiver leads the mob back towards the chokepoint....

Please roll a d100 I will take the average of the first 3 rolls, dropping the lowest
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>1780637
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>1780637
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>1780637
>>
>>1780637

>Our latest rolls.

He gon learn leadin from da front is PAINFUL.
>>
>>1780648
>>1780647
average of 74.5, a solid success

The massive hiver, Kratom Strong quickly goes down in the first wave of attacks,our men focusing fire on him,striking him down with a dozen las shots, while the grenade launcher is being aimed in front of any sections of the barricade where the mob is pushing, killing dozens with each shot....

While Kratom goes down, his followers keep pushing, their tempo and force increasing as its clear again when the grenade launcher is out of ammo, Newman no longer firing it into the crowd.....

In a show of a high level amount of organization, armed with ranged weapons, people in the mob wearing white armbands and sashes seem to form several lines in the crowd, having the rest of the crowd clear the space in front of them, forming 3 main lines, one laying on prone, while the another kneels and the third stands at full height, firing volleys of las gun fire and shots from primitive slug throwers and autoguns at the barricades, dropping at least 2 dozen armsmen....

Your troops quickly respond, replying with fire of their own, the white-sashed hivers dispersing back into the crowd as the grenade launcher opens up on them....

As they withdraw the crowd surges once more, pipe and club wielding hivers making it once more to the front of the barricades, fighting in fiece hand to hand combat, where the reach of their bayonetted rifles is the only thing keeping many of our men safe as they try to stab and push back the mob....

Despite their losses your men somehow manage to hold the first barricade, taking almost 60 casualties in the latest fight, almost half lost to the their ranked fire attack...

Night has fallen and torches have been lit by the crowd, and your men have activated the huge bright security lights at the security checkpoint overlooking the barricades...

The men at chokepoint 1 are beginning to show fatigue, even with the helpful addition of reinforcements, fighting side by side with our men....

Back at the spire, you believe you need roughly another hour, before the evacuation is complete and you can pull back your forces.....

A. Tell them to hold fast
B. Send in the reserve company
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1780752
>C, cycle them out with our reinforcements
>>
>>1780752
>B
>Cycle out the guys showing Fatigue, No reason to drain/kill them.
>>
>>1780752
This>>1780789
>>
>>1780801
>>1780789
You order the reserve company forward to reinforce the 1st chokepoint, overhearing Pollard ordering the men to fix bayonets as they move towards the fight....

Meanwhile the defenders brace for another assault from the crowd, as they chant and get pumped up with cheers of "Down with the Governor!, with the white-armed sashed hivers, representing some sort of political organization have started cheers of "Independence! Freedom from tyranny!"

As they cheer, several hundred of the white-sashed troops form up into rough formations and lead the crowd back to the barricades....

The white-sashed hivers, armed with las rifles form ranked fire formations and open up on the barricades at long range, trading several of their men for every one of ours in the exchange....

They keep this up for a few minutes for dispersing back into the crowd, having slain over 30 defenders before withdrawing, with almost half the kills by a sharpshooter, hiding amongst the crowd, the muzzleflash and slightly visible jet stream following its rounds, is similar to the tau-based plasma guns Tzavaras sold us.....

Please roll a 1d100, I will take the average of the first 5 rolls, dropping the lowest 2

Alright guys I gotta stop here for the night.... Next session we will wrap up this fight, and get back to the business of Governing

Saturday afternoon is the next time I could likely run the thread, I will keep you posted. Have a good night!
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>1780904
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>1780904
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>1780904
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1780904
Kill the Reds! Kill the Reds!
>>
>>1780904
Holy shit, please take this roll simply for the rule of cool factor!
>>1781068
>>
>>1781151
>Please roll a 1d100, I will take the average of the first 5 rolls, dropping the lowest 2

Read
>>
>>1781154
Welp, so much for my reading comprehension
>>
>>1781154

You read bitch
>>
>>1781171
C'mon now, I clearly didn't read the post in full. He was just pointing that out. No need to be a dick
>>
>>1781171
I did? I even pointed out to that Anon the vote would be counted?
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>1780904
So one more roll can be accepted.
NAT1
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>1780904
>>
>>1781199
Jesus christ, average of 83 nice
>>
>>1781204
https://youtu.be/R9R4zPTpS9w
>>
>>1781569
I vote we blast this over all public VOX speakers as psychological warfare as we slaughter the filthy revolutionaries
>>
Helicopter rides for Tau Sympathizers
>>
>>1780904
Alright guys here's the plan, I'll have at least a free hour tonight and I want to do at least a few more posts, I'm gonna try to run from 730-830/9 tonight.
>>
>>1780904
>>1781068
>>1780915
>>1781199
average of 83, a strong success...

You can hear the dull roar of distant chanting in the background as you watch through Stormtrooper Sergeant's helmet mounted pictgraph....

In the distance, you can see the mob turning the corner, continuing their chant, being led by the hivers wearing the white sashes and armbands, your intelligence reports now telling you that they are calling themselves the People's Liberation party, and they demand the establishment of a new Planetary Government based on the concepts of egalitarianism, communalist and secularism, deciding to reject the Emperor as their god and leader, preferring to select one of their own....

The People's Liberation troops seemed to have armed some of the mob with lasguns and autoguns, and organized them into rough formations, with the general mob following a short distance behind, your hear Newman over the vox telling the men at the checkpoint "Kill the one's wearing white first, they are going to try to create holes in our defense for the rest of the mob to follow, kill them first, and we can stand against this tide!"

While still out of range of effective fire, your men start taking casualties from a few sharpshooters who seemed to be armed with Tzavara's plasma weapons, their range and accurac, superior to our own, they have sniped a few men with impunity, forcing our troops behind cover, when they should be focused on fighting off the horde....

They are still pinned down by the sharpshooters, when the Peoples Liberation troops, nicknamed the "Pollies" entering effective range, form up into a ranking fire formation, with the first line laying prone, the second line kneeling and the third standing behind them....

The combined volley fire pins down any soldier brave or stupid off to try stick their head out.....

After several minutes of volleys, supported by their sharpshooters, they launch a bayonet charge against the barricade, your men still pinned down....

Hearing the ferocious roar of the enemy troops, several of your men stand out of cover and open fire at the charging enemy troops....

The first barricade is any able to hold for just over 3 minutes against the furious bayonet attack by the Pollies, with over two dozen being bayonetted and bleeding out before they were pulled out of the battle, the only respite is the mass of the crowd, blocking the view of the barricades for the sharpshooters lurking hidden along the street.....
>>
>>1783139
More and more men go down to the Pollies as they begin to overwhelm the first line of defense, an order is given to pull back, leaving a handful of men trapped in pocket on the right flank, who have had their retreat cut off by the mob, which now must fight its way out or face death.....

The surviving defenders have regrouped behind the second barricade and are bracing for the next push when Pollard arrives with the reserve company, providing badly needed reinforcements and a morale boost....

The mob seems unaware of the reinforcements arrival and are caught by surprise when Pollard leads the his men in a melee charge, attempting to break through to the trapped armsmen...

You switch to watching Pollards monitor system when you feel a slight sense of fear and pride from hearing "A feral warcry go up from your Tarkonian warrior honor guards, through the pictgraph, you see Pollard activate his power glaive, it emitting dull blue glow and slight humming sound as its turned on, followed by the revving of chainswords and chain axe...

You can hear the sound of combat stims activating as the Tarkonian Champion runs at the Pollies in front of the 1st barricade at a terrifying speed, slicing two men in long arcing slice from his power glaive, effortless destroying any flesh and bone in its path.....

Opening fire behind him, the Armsmen cut down many of the Polly troops as the rest of the Tarkonian honor guard make contact, their resplendent armor, made up of semi-powered carapace armor and native inspired armor plates, made out of modern materials providing a strong defense against the Pollies low caliber las guns and autoguns and a near immunity to bayonet attacks....

They cut a bloody swath through the the mob on our side of the 1st barricade, turning the small gap between the barricades into something more akin to a Factory farm killing floor....

You watch chainswords and chainaxes hewing through flesh and bone alike, cutting down any Polly soldier that opposed them, likes scythes against stalks of wheat....

Through Pollard's pictfeed you can see him moving like a whirling dervish, practicing the damn of death, dodging bayonet stabs and rifle butt strikes from 3 soldiers at once with almost super natural speed, cutting them down in a few seconds......

Truly like an artist, that only paints in blood, Pollard inadvertently pushes ahead of the rest of your guards, being caught and surrounded multiple times, fighting his way each time, leaving a trail of bodies in his wake....

After only a few minutes of having their people slaughtered like animals by your honor guards, with most of the Polly soldiers dead, the mob seems to lose focus, panicking and fleeing at the sight of so much blood and death.....
>>
>>1783168
With the sight of the mob falling back and confirmation of the evacuation being complete, you order the men to fall back in groups, leaving a small mobile rearguard to delay the crowd in the unlikely event that they reorganize quickly for another attack.....

After a tense half an hour, everyone is aboard ships in orbit, including all of your surviving troops, your men taking almost 200 casualties, particularly high amongst the inexperienced and poorly trained Naval Armsmen, who you plan on having Captain Felix(perhaps he could be promoted to Admiral or Commdore or something soon, since he now oversees a squadron of ships....) implement a new training regime, creating a unit of dedicated Naval infantry, as opposed to sailors being pressed into combat as Armsmen, although the practice of placing yourself as an Armsmen for a small increase of pay will be continued, providing us a small but highly motivated force of volunteer Armsmen....

The evacuation of the Spire has left it a ghost town, not a single person willing to try to reason or live with the mob.....

You can see the smoke from high orbit as the Spire is looted and burned by the mob....

Unfortunately the rebels seized control of the shipyards during our rescue operation, and while the Skeletal frame seems to notice be a focus of attention for the rebels, it is now firmly in their hands, with large groups of Polly troops in the area, who are currently preoccupied with the siege of the Adeptus Mechanicus and Naval sections, so far they have shown they are attempting to negotiate with the Mechanicus but have made no such attempts with the Naval forces, likely trying to seek an accomodation with local Forge World....

Unfortunately you lack the needed numbers of troops and the heavy equipment needed to make a decisive difference in the battle or to secure the Battleship frame, and are forced to watch the devastation of the Capital city to unfold from orbit, after 20 minutes, you decide you have seen enough and order a warp journey back to Tarkon IV.....

You arrive to find that another 500,000 refugees have arrived in the system, Captain Felix having their ships, with them still aboard detained until you return to make a decision on them....

They would add welcome increases in manpower and population, helping us increase the size of our economy and military forces, but would put a major strain on our food supply, forcing the implementation of a rationing system, at least until we find another source of food to trade with or acquire through less honorable means....

Not to mention increasing social strains between the natives and new arrivals....

Overall a difficult trade off to make, take them in, giving us a boost in manpower but risking social and food supply problems or send them elsewhere to find refuge from the increasing instability and war going on in the sector....
>>
>>1783220
A. Send them away, we can't take anymore people at this time
B. Take them in, we could use the people
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1783221
>A. Send them away, we can't take anymore people at this time

We don't need any extras until we get our food situation sorted.

Maybe take on only those with skills that are highly in-demands
>>
>>1783221
Take only the ones we need, if we are short on academics, take them. Take only around a third of them the best third then
A. Send them away, we can't take anymore people at this time
>>
>>1783220
>Take those with high skills and jobs in demand
>>
>>1783220
B. Take them in, we could use the people
C. Other(Write-in)
Take them in only on the condition the all work and are useful. People who are useful are people who can farm, fight and serve our pdf, people who have engineering or mechanicus knowledge, and even people willing to be day laborers.

Settle them in a uninhabited continent, with either enough fertile ground or rich in mineral resources. Conscript anyone with useful skills to act in a new civil service organization and put them to work. Contact both Tzavaras & L'Orean (who are scheduled to arrive a few weeks apart separately) about material and supplies they can give in to help with our situation. Also ask if they have any "staff" like medical people and Sisters of battle. Ask for things like scanners/detectors for pskers and genestealers.
>>
>>1783227
>>1783245
We'd probably take in the families of these skills workers too.
>>
and dont forget to go hardcore purge on possible Commies!
>>
>>1783245
>>1783244
>>1783227
>>1783253

You decide to focus on only the most useful of the refugees, primarily, people with medical skills, mechanical skills, advanced educations along with men with fighting skills, farmers and miners who along with their families will be allowed on the planet, being primarily used to staff new farms and mines or sent to our academic and government insitutions, where they are put to work in their field of knowledge....

Despite the protests of some of them, the refugees are put through a screening process, consisting of a series of questions, about their political and religious beliefs, and any hobbies that could be on interest to the security forces, they are also questioned about their level of expertise, asked a handful of professional based questions, with those that answer the majority right being permitted access, with fakers being exposed in the thousands, almost fifty thousand people were caught trying to lie about their backgrounds in order to gain refuge....

All in all you take roughly 150,000 people, turning away around 70% of the refugees, who will have to desperately travel the spacelanes, in battered old freighters with low supplies.....

Meanwhile back at the station, the people you rescued have boarded several freighters and shuttles and left to return to home,,,, Including Lara and her father, who glowers at you, as his daughter kisses you on the cheek before crossing the docking ramp....

They board the Might of Azuria, some sort of cruiser, that you make a mental note to research on your datapad when you get a free moment and quickly depart home, a lasting impression made on both Lara and her father....

In your absence, the secret police has expanded its operations and successfully located and isolated, several major heretic cells, previously left uncovered....

They have a strike team standing by and are awaiting your command....

A. Leave them under observation for now, staying alert for any major activity
B. Wipe out the heretic scum
C. Other(Write-in)
>>
>>1783302
>B. Wipe out the heretic scum
>>
>>1783302
C. Other(Write-in)
Take note of their blood and social connections to see if there are any others.

I would have taken half, if they are at least willing to work, or at the least join the pdf. We are trying to make navel infantry, what about sailors and armsmen?
>>
>>1783313
Food concerns though. We can send out for more hiver scum etc later when he have a good stockpile of food. Having to ration food out is going to cause problems
>>
>>1783317
Yes, we can ration their food, and put our first action to making a bunch of new and large farms.

I'm fairly certain we have enough food supplies stocked to last till the farms start producing surplus.
>>
>>1783313
For what its worth, another 5,000 men have volunteered for our PDF military forces, primarily for the ground forces, as life in the void can terrifying and confusing for people from less advanced worlds, and they tend to adjust poorly....

We will likely need to find a source for sailors and other Naval Officers through direct hiring, or recruiting from a large source of people skilled in traversing the void and operating on spaceships
>>
>>1783302
>>
>>1783302
>B. Wipe out the heretic scum
Alt+F Purge
>>
>>1783333
>>1783313
>>1783309
You launch a strike against the heretics, the sentries and watchmen killed by hidden sharpshooters, armed with Tzarava's rifles and sniper rifles, as tactical teams rush the entrances of the hideouts, breaching the doors and throwing in stun grenades, in an effort to take some of them alive for questioning....

The heretics, despite their strength in belief are poor fighters, with only a few black market autoguns and crude melee weapons between them, they are cut down easily, the few unfortunate survivors being black bagged and escorted onto awaiting Valkyries, taking them back to HQ for interrogation.....

Unfortunately the interrogations and investigations of the hideouts yield little new knowledge, the heretics quickly detonating hidden explosives in their hideouts during the closing operations of the raid, killing any surviving heretics, but killing a dozen of our men as well as destroying valuable evidence....

Fortunately, for at the least the few weeks that have passed since the operation, their have been no signs of any kind of heretic activity, although some unrest has grown, as a basic rationing system is implemented, raising already existing tensions particularly between the native peoples and the newcomer's, with the natives primarily populating the countryside, many of them still living on the primitive farms and homesteads, based around towns and castles, their taxes still providing a substantial portion of your income, despite being highly inefficient and primitive....

Meanwhile the new arrivals are primarily limited to the large advanced mining installations in the southern jungles or the Capital city, and the industrialized Urban area around it, with our two large manufactorums, one making quality steel farming implements for our people, our original manufactorum, proving that we could succesfully train Tarkonian natives to operate a manufacuting facility on our planet and produce a quality product, our other manufactorum, is more advanced, churning out autoshovels and high powered drills for our miners, improving their yields, eventually we will be able to start supplying most of the mining equipment production to exports, but we are still equipping our own people with them at this time....

They also make up a substantial population on the large factory farms you have developed on the soil of burned down tropical rainforests near the equator of the planet, the black extremely fertile black soil, providing fantastic yields due to the minerals it is enriched with as well as the year round constant sunlight...
>>
>>1783409
You take most of the day off on after your first few days back, finally getting some good rest after a several weeks of intense work, spending the day jogging around the station with Tarquin and reading the last news you received from back home, which is a few months old by now,massive warpstorms interfering with communications and travel between the western half of Segementum Pacificus and the rest of the Imperium, with only the bravest and most foolhardy mechant Captains willing to brave the warpstorm, with 1 in 3 ships being lost making the passage....

Meanwhile there is news from the rest of the Sector as rebels have seized control of the Sector Capital and its valuable shipyards, along with a dozen other worlds, all in the name of the People's Liberation movement....

Apparently the cracks in the movement have started to show, with two main factions forming, the republicans, started on planets where, the revolts were often led by educated members of the upper and middle classes, who had the influence to create a more stable government... The Novarian Republic, its capital Novaria, is a hive world, with a large naval base on the western edge of the Icara Sector, only a few sectors distance away from the border of the Imperium itself, where several uprisings taking place as well, being home to the other main faction, The People's Republic of Man, ostensibly a true total democracy and utopian state, in reality is a authoritarian state, forcing the citizens back to work by convincing them of the merits and success of communalism....

The Republicans seem to hope to expand to surounding worlds, but ultimately seek an accomodation with the Imperium

The People's Republic of Man, believes they have a duty to spread the idealogy of Communalism and egalitarianism over the worlds of Man, by any means necessary...

Thats all I got for tonight.....

Please feel free to ask questions or discuss the thread, I am thinking the next run will be Saturday afternoon at earliest, but I will update the thread if plans change.
>>
>>1783469
we lost our ship didn't we?
>>
>>1783489
Probably man
>>1783469
Guess the two main things we should focus on now is expanding and improving our food production and strengthening our military
>>
>>1783469
So I've been going over old threads, and recounting everything..... I have to ask, how well trained are our baneblade crews? (Yes we have baneblades we bought 5)
>>
>>1783469
On the Novarian Republic, they are judged to be fairly well developed and armed, but have only a small handful of worlds and have engaged in a uncomfortable alliance with People's Republic against the Imperium for the moment, although there are already tensions along their mutual border and competing claims over nearby worlds and uninhabited systems......

They are ruled by an elected legislative body, with only landowners, and titled citizens to vote, along with a citizens council, where a group of popular voted councilors, can make suggestions to the Legislative body about the interests of the common people

They have a small but highly skilled military force, able to field roughly 30 escorts a dozen cruisers, and they are led by the newly renamed and rechristened Constitution, the flagship of the Republic battlefleet, an ancient Torrent-class battleship, outdated and under armored and equipped compared to more modern ships, she is still a valuable asset, especially against the poorly developed worlds that populate most of the Western Pacificus....

The People's Republic, despite their relative lack of development on their worlds, have managed to industrialize and arm themselves at a rapid rate, often times at the risk of lives, as they suffer from shoddy construction and food shortages, due to the rushed attempts to develop their worlds, forcing lifelong farmers to move to factory towns, and leaving massive labor shortages on their large poorly run farms, often managed by someone who had the right level of party loyalty and ideological indoctrination, rather than by any of kind of skills or merit....

They keep the population in line through harsh authoritarian measures, with whole communities being liquidated for being too troublesome to assimilate into the People's Republic, labeled as enemies of the people....

Their military is still weak, but they have developed a port from the ancient ruins and wreckage around Aros Prime, once an major Naval base that was destroyed in some long ago war in the early days of the Imperium and begun churning out warships at a rapid pace, building a cruiser and 2 escorts in their first year of independence....

They currently field 20 escorts and 10 cruisers, and 3 battlecruisers

Both factions also seem to have large numbers of mechanized and armored ground forces, and would be difficult to defeat on the ground without air and orbital superiority, or the willingness to take high casualties
>>
>>1783545
They are the same level as our other tank crews, and have a large amount of hours in the field, training, as well as some limited combat experience our crews had fighting the orks... However our baneblades, being bought through "alternative" channels, do not operate at full efficiency due to the lack of engineseers to repair and maintain some of the more sensitive and advanced technology, as well helping to operate the vehicle....
>>
>>1783542
>>1783489
Also our ship is fine, however we are cut off from reinforcements and contact with Terra and the greater Imperium, it will also be harder to trade for goods, as shipment prices for Rogue Trader deliveries have doubled due to instability and lack of supply sources, with even Rogue Traders are struggling to make money during these conflicts, as they are trapped in the Western Imperium along with us, but that hasnt stopped Tzavaras arming multiple sides of the war, apparently being caught arming the Novarian Republic, People's Republic and a half dozen major separatist groups along with many Planetary Forces, his rifles giving the Separatist ground forces an edge against even the Imperial guard in their small arms equipment, helping them win small unit battles and skirmishes against Imperial Guard regulars
>>
>>1783587
So one thing I've been going over is when we buy lasguns from Tzavaras, do thoese only come as rifles or do they come with standard imperial guard flaks and kits? As far as I can tell, some did and some didn't and we have more lasguns than we do of the latter.

On the heavy weapons we bought they have no real number on them and we bought a few shipments of them.
>>
>>1783587
Also what happened to the Sector governor and his "inner circle" of people? Did we save him? I hope we didn't, I don't like the guy.

Is it possible to ask for alternative means of faster than light travel? Like slipspace drive travel or something? Can we ask L'Orean if he has any non warp problem related means of FTL?
>>
>>1783641
We've gotten heretical enough as it is
>>
>>1783641
>Other means of FTL
>The only other means of FTL is the Not-Crons advanced FTL which has never been copied.
>>
>>1783641
There really isn't any other way to do it anon
>>
>>1783641
He apparently managed to save himself and evacuate off world, and no one knows his current whereabouts but rumor has it he was arrested by the inquisition for gross incompetence....
>>
>>1783741
>>1783751
>>1783811
Was hoping L'Orean be able to RT something up that humans made in the past or something.

>>1783939
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzie inside.
>>
>>1783939
I'm both saddened because we basically wasted our time talking to him and happy because that means potentially moving up the sectoral ladder, depending on how good we are with the next guy in charge.
>>
>>1784099
I'm still upset about spend all that dosh on stuff that got us nothing in the end. Aside from the pair of cobra ships.
>>
>>1784204
>
I think Smeh said our ship was fine actually, and we're still wealthy anon, so don't worry. It was all minor at most and we really impressed the noble girl. Plus, we're a damned hero to the other nobles and governors, and the refugees not including the ones we sent off to probably die it the dead of space.
>>
>>1784204
Technically speaking, we still have legal claim on that frame and we can launch an invasion to reclaim it and if nothing else, to prevent the enemy from using the shipyards.
>>
>>1783641
I'm afraid such technology is generally speaking outside of the reach of the Imperium.

You have the Tau's inferior Gravitic drive, which is still warp travel, but just only able to dive into the warp for a short period.

You have Dolmen gates that the Necrons use as well as their inertialess drive, both of which are beyond our ability to reverse engineer.

You also have the webway, but you know, good luck with that. Even if you could figure out how to use the webway gates, they still are filled with Eldar who will stomp you.

The Tau do have a ZFR Horizon Accelerator engine which allows them to reach Near Light speeds, but that's not worth the risk and effort to reverse engineer, since it's just a slightly better plasma drive for ships a lot lighter than Imperium generall speaking use.

+ Tau tech isn't optimized unlike the STC stuff, often utilizing many relatively expensive resources in comparison to their imperial counterparts, meaning that any tau tech you reverse engineer would almost certainly be more expensive than imperial kit to manufacture by far.

Ork Warp Engines aren't even worth mentioning.
>>
>>1783641
The issue with safe FTL travel is that any Xenos species with access to such tech would probably have a vast Empire like the Tau do, or they were destroyed by the Necrons a long time ago.

Considering the Emperor's personal pick of trying to go for a Human Webway and that the Warp storms caused humanity to be seperated, even Archeotech from Dark Age of Technology wouldn't probably be able to offer a safe alternative.

AI calculated warp jumps don't seem to be that great of an idea either if I remember correctly, seeing that AI and the Warp tend not to mesh well together.

Your best bet is to try and make sure the Gellar fields hold for now.
>>
>>1784487
>>1784491
>Archeotech from Dark Age of Technology
was pretty much what I was banking on that and hoped Shmeh could come up with something for L'Orean to give us. That and I've been reading too many 40k crossovers.
>>
>>1784475
This is true
>>1783641
>>1784086
>>1784487
>>1784491
Unfortunately there is no real alternative to our current ftl tech, aside from a human we beat and we all know how that project turned out.....

I'm also potentially willing to explore the possibility of a human remnant civ from the dark age of technology, hiding amongst or beyond the halo stars, but that would be a ways a way if ever
>>
>>1784636
Well that's too much trouble. Moving on, I'm worried about our sister all alone on that planet. And life extending technologies

Also I want our brother to have been governor so he has something to aspire to or better himself for. Some goal or meaning in life. And objective.
>>
>>1784636
Human webway*
>>
>>1784639
So I hate to be a stickler to others for details, but would you be opposed keeping more detailed track of things like inventory, assets and numbers for this quest or would you feel like it too much hassle?
>>
>>1784637
if we want any kind of more advanced tech it's probably safest if we just sponsor an archmagos that is specialized in the field we want, they can always use more ressources for their private projects so they'll be willing to make a deal
>>
>>1784648
I will update my records with more detailed and up to date information but don't expect a sophisticated tracking system
>>
>>1784637
Looking at life extending tech would be a good idea in the future but we're young enough that it really isn't an issue now. Hopefully by the time we do need to take it seriously, we'll be rich and connected enough to get the really good stuff. The tech that'll keep you alive and in peak condition for potentially centuries.
>>
>>1785210
You don't need to worry about that. You are wealthy enough that you can easily get at least live for 300 years with the healthcare you can afford and that's before we start slapping in robot bits
>>
>>1785784
>>1785210
Just wait until we introduce maxicare, out very own universal healthcare system, well even let you keep your current Medicus if you like them...
>>
>>1785815
You know, that actually sounds like an interesting idea.
Experimenting with the concept of having a pool of skilled workforce be kept on life extending healthcare system.

Although, I suppose it sort of already is being done across the Imperium as admechs tend to live fabulously long lives, you've got the military upper class, inquisitors, Administratum and various other important enough figures that tend to be able to afford that stuff.

Basically, as long as you're not a drone, you generally speaking can expect to live a long life, provided you're not killed.
>>
>>1783469
Alright guys I plan on running the thread, tomorrow early afternoon, probably noon to 4, so look for the thread around then.
>>
>>1789430
hey QM, How is our Space marine/Gene-moding coming?
>>
>>1789444
I will cover it more in detail, but between our dark angels, luna wolves, and the dead chaos space marines, weve managed to successfully extract over a dozen geneseed specimens, now it is more a question of finding young children suitable for recruitment and then implanting and training them.....

Unfortunately the process to create an Astartes warrior takes decades to finish, but Zachias assures you that he can use training regimens developed during the height of the Great Crusade, when fresh Astartes reinforcements were badly needed, to speed up the selection and training process, even though it has been argued that such things have reduced the quality of the Astartes they produce, compared to Astartes training using more time-intensive traditional training techniques
>>
>>1789444
The Gene modding, is taking some time, despite the availability of using the Solar Auxilias genetic modifications as a model, as the process of manipulating human DNA is complicated and difficult, with minor variations needed for every individual....

Ishmael believes that he will have created a genetic modification, capable of generating superior stable DNA strands, within the next year, after which we can begin human testing....
>>
>>1789488
>>1789477
we have the geller field set up around the gene-seed and testing subjects and on right?
>>
>>1789488
Can we spend like a few trade units worth of resources to get him what he needs? Like and entire above and underground facility, staffed with interns and other people that he can teach and train to help him etc.
>>
>>1791671
he... has what he needs mate?
>>
>>1791796
Yeah, for himself as far as I know, but I'm saying like expand the scope and the people working on it into a super facility that can do more.
>>
>>1791838
And you realize such a Facility is more likely to have us narrowed down and purged right? We also need to make sure the geller fields and those who come in are properly trained and not chaos spies in any fashion.
>>
>>1791842
I don't get what your concern is. If its manpower, we recruit locally and slowly build up a cadre of trained staff, if its the lack of gellar fields, we buy more? Getting the facility built takes time, time we can spend to get gellar fields.

>>1789488
Does Xeroth know how to build gellar fields?
>>
>>1791871
You realize a feudal primitive world wouldn't actually have the education in place to train/tech people required to staff a lab like this?
>>
>>1791906
You realize that we can teach and train people right? Nothing is stopping us from teaching primitive tribes from welding lasguns and practicing combined arms with tanks and aircraft from Sergeant Zachia's training program. Why can't Ishmael do something similar and train a small group of select individuals to form a elite group of trained doctors and assistant staff? Also servitors. I'm surprised we aren't making more use of those or our tech-priest aint.
>>
>>1792048
1. We just gained those tech priest guys that failed.
2. There is a very VERY big difference between working eith the human genome and holding a fucking gun properly.

Do not try to compare Apple's with carrots
>>
>>1792084
Can you explain why it won't work? How are they not similar? In both instances it takes people from the similar backgrounds and trains them to do something they would otherwise not be capable of doing without being taught.
>>
>>1792107
Probably because we lack the specialists to train such people.
Also, in Wh40k universe, the Magos who hold such knowledge tend to guard it jealously and in all honesty can just program servitors to handle the busy work they need done.
>>
By the way, I just had an idea regarding a business venture that might make the Inquisitor happy or nervous depending on the way you look at it.

If we manage to produce atomics on our planet, that would be a serious strategical asset to the entire system.
Additionally, Rogue Traders fucking love to shoot nukes from macro cannons at other ships. Sure, it's fucking expensive, but they pack a whallop.

Considering how the war is going on the sector, the Inquisitor might be happy to have access to such weapons, even though orbital bombardment with regular macro battery shells does the exact same thing, but Mechanized infantry rarely lugs macro cannons around.

Furthermore, our small ships can become a threat to larger chaos vessels should their macro batteries be equipped with nuclear warheads.
>>
>>1792537
Producing Atomics is appealing and would definitely make our PDF that much stronger against the rebels, my only real concern is making nuclear weaponry on a planet where most of the populations is primitive and doesn't have the same level of caution put into them that modern/higer tech level planets do. We had an issue with our weaponry being smuggled before, I'm just afraid of the chance that some primitive radicals/heretics got a warhead out and thought they could use it for their own devices. I'm not against atomics production but if we do all I ask is that we build up their security and have our SS be involved in personal management before we even start production, it's just too risky to not worry about stupid shit like that.
>>
>>1792107

Training up some natives would likely be a very long process, our literacy rates are likely very low. We might have some luck with our immigrants but even so we'd have to spend time and resources consrructing and then staffing an educational facility to weed out the unfit and properly train those with talent. Better off hiring specialists from the admech i think, or sponsoring a magos.

Also, we've got a feudal world not a primitive world.
>>
>>1760765
New Thread
>>1792747
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.