[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0300.png (6MB, 1466x3864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0300.png
6MB, 1466x3864px
Alrighty, I'm gonna try my hand at this. I plan to at least post once a week, so I may need someone to be the person who pokes me with a stick on whatever chat client I'm on.

But effectivly, I'll be running this Quest with the plan for it to not die immediatly by my hands.

I'm cool with anything, but prefer non-human. I like playing with new cultures and races.

Also, make the choices creative. Gotta have fun here XD

First to three gets the race, then I'll present possible locations to start in.

We'll be starting primitive, Stone Age level, so take that into account

Here's a discord: https://discord.gg/4bY7mPx
>>
>>1756311
centaur
>>
>>1756311
Yeti, is there even a contest?
>>
>>1756311
>>1756318
Centaur
>>
>>1756311
kobold cause traps are cool
>>
Ye Ye Yea Yeah YETI
>>
2 for centaur
2 for yeti
1 for kobold
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Welp no love for kobolds today.
I have not seen centaur civ so far, but yeti are cool too...
Dice decides my vote change
1 Centaur
2 Yeti
>>
>>1756351
Noooooooo
>>
>>1756351
Centaur with traps?
>>
Yeti :^)
>>
>>1756356
Ye Ye Yea YETI! .... wait noooo
>>
Not gonna lie, Yetis are not fun sounding considering they can hardly breed.
>>
>>1756359
Roll doesn't count as a vote so it's invalid. Yeti democracy is the only way
>>
>>1756361
Who needs sex when you're a giant fucking Yeti?
>>
>>1756362
>Rolls don't count
Except the person said they're voting based on the roll you tart.
If they had done the roll off-screen nothing would have changed except you wouldn't have a valid reason to complain.

>>1756363
Us. Without population growth we're going to die no matter what. You can't found a civilization on a stagnant population, or just pray that OP just hands out free yeti tribes to assimilate like candy.
>>
>>1756362
>Dice aren't allowed to vote
Women have vote why can't dice or attack helicopters?
>>
>>1756365
Is it really impossible to survive with bad breeding? I haven't done a civ quest before so I don't know, apologies
>>
>>1756367
It depends on how OP runs it, but logistically speaking if out pop doesn't grow then we'll eventually all die out unless we go super peaceful and don't try to get any yetis killed.

Which:
>We're damn Yetis
Of course we'll be raiding and killing everything.
>>
>>1756368
Inbreeding
>>
>>1756371
The breeding rate isn't an inbreeding problem, it's a fertility one. It's just vastly hard for Yetis to have kids.
>>
>>1756376
Oh I figured it was an isolation issue of Yetis wanting large areas to themselves.
>>
>>1756368
If we're strong enough Yetis won't die
>>
>>1756368
Yetis live long and they are hard to kill, just saying.
>>
>>1756379
Death is always a possibility. Having a locked down population number is pretty much like saying our population is how many accidents and failed rolls we're allowed to have.
>>
>>1756382
I'm fairly certain the only alternative for the super low yeti population is collecting a heavy slave population of other races. I'm not sure if we'll be smart enough to do that, we'll just have to see how The GM works everything out. For all we know we could still be going Centaurs.
>>
>>1756382
So what you are saying is roll YETI?
>>
>>1756386
I don't get it.
>>
>>1756384
I like that idea. We will be like the Spartans
>>
WHEN
>>
>>1756311
Centaurs
>>
>>1756351
>>1756330
>>1756318
Centaur wins

Now, to decide where you live

>A Great Plains, where the land is miles and miles of soft flatlands. You will be smaller centaurs, allowing you to move faster and weigh less. The land also lies within the path of massive herds of large herbivores that travel through the area the same time every year.

>A robust highlands, where the land is hilly and mountainous, and the cold is harsh. Living hear, you will be far larger than average, and hold much greater strength at the cost of speed and stamina. You will also be more resistant to cold climates. While there is nothing much to say on food, the access to mountains, cliffs, and caves will provide easier access to ores.

First to three wins

>A harsh Desert, where the sun blazes hot across a seemingly endless sea of of sand. The environment is harsh, the creatures deadly, and food hard to come by. However, what few oasis' that exist provide special areas that have an abundance of water and food. These places replenish slowly though, so beware of taxing them to hard with your presense. Your people will have greater endurance, and will be more Resistant to hotter climates.

>A mighty forest, where the trees grow to the sky and the rains come often. Your people will be smaller than even those that live in the plains, taking on the features of deer instead of horses. You will consume less, but will be weaker and less durable then your larger cousins. However your closeness to the ancient forest will bring to you arcane knowledge, granting you the first tech in the Druidic magic tree.
>>
>>1756439
Highlands
>>
>>1756439
Aw dang, Small Horses in a forest would be cool, but Deer-Taurs are not cool.

I vote for The Highlands.
>>
>>1756439
Can provide pictures for each of aesthetics is a factor
>>
>>1756442
Please do. So will this civ have any smut or lewd things in it. Before we start?
>>
>>1756439
Harsh desert, we be camels now
>>
File: IMG_0301.jpg (17KB, 236x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0301.jpg
17KB, 236x321px
>>1756454
Normally I wouldn't care, but with the way 4chan is, I'm gonna err on the side of caution.

>Picture of the male Deer centaurs, Cervitaurs
>>
File: IMG_0302.jpg (315KB, 1528x1026px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0302.jpg
315KB, 1528x1026px
>>1756466
>Highlands centaur warrior. They can be pretty swole
>>
File: IMG_0303.jpg (108KB, 600x1169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0303.jpg
108KB, 600x1169px
>>1756466
>>1756469
>Desert Centaur male
>>
File: IMG_0304.jpg (36KB, 300x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0304.jpg
36KB, 300x358px
>>1756466
>>1756469
>>1756471
>Great plains Centaur female scout. Closest picture I could find, noticeably smaller then the others.
>>
>>1756441
>>1756442
2 for highlands
>>1756459
One for desert
>>
>>1756311
Deertaurs in the forest would be fun, but I vote we're white, unlike that picture posted by the other guy.
>>
>>1756439
>A mighty forest
>>
>>1756481
3rd highlands vote here.
>>
>>1756439
4th for highlands
>>
>>1756489
>>1756442
>>1756441
Highland Centaurs it be. Will get to work on the opening post.
>>
Your clans wasn't always here. These lands once held many clans, many strong groups of the bravest warriors your people knew of. Heroes of the previous age were like gods now, spoken of reverently around your bonfire. Great archers were said to have shattered walls with their mighty arrows. Warriors were given the ability to call upon the quaking earth to rout armies. One, a elder of some strange clan, was said to have bent the sky to his whim and cast light from his very eyes.

These stories, no matter how exagerated they might be, brought pain as well as happiness when they were told. The invaders, cruel monster who lacked equine lower bodies, had come. the clans fought against them, unifying to stand a chance.

However, for every hero that rose from the clans, a thousand invaders stood to overwhelm them. For every arrow that could shatter a wall, the invader brought a hundred drums that spit fire and thunder to shatter mountains.

The clans were broken, scattered to the wind and their ancestral homes burnt away. Then, as the clans facewd their end, standing tall to die fighting so that they join their heroes is the afterlife, the invaders disappeared.

They left no trace they were ever there, save for the destruction they left and a tall stone wall of white smooth stone that blocked those that remained from their ancestral homes.

Now you all sit, gathered around the bonfire. Once enemies and rivals now clinging to each other in the dark, their clans lost and homes stolen.

They look for guidance, for a clan needs leadership.

Who shall lead?

>The elders, those who freshly remember the past and cling to their past clan histories and rivalries, but possess the greatest knowledge?

>An elected council of five, representing the clans of the past, chosen by majority vote?

>A single clan leader, determined by trials of body, mind and spirit, whose descendants shall rule as well?

>Clan decisions are made by all, everyone having a say and everyone having a vote, with a few chosen to mediate and oversee at the cost of their vote?
>>
>>1756527
>An elected council of five, representing the clans of the past, chosen by majority vote?
>A single clan leader, determined by trials of body, mind and spirit, whose descendants shall rule as well?
Can we have both of these? Popular vote only will result in shit politics, but a rule that passes on to descendants regardless of qualifications is even worse. Ideally, we'd have a council of clevermen lead by one who has actually proven himself worthy through some sort of dangerous trial, both restricted by each other.
>>
>>1756527
>An elected council of five, representing the clans of the past, chosen by majority vote.
This should ensure little to no possible clan bias which could cause disruption and discontent.
>>
>>1756527

> A single clan leader, determined by trials of body, mind and spirit, whose descendants shall rule as well?
>>
>>1756527
>An elected council of five, representing the clans of the past
>>
>>1756549
This
>>
>>1756581
Oops no... meant single leader
>>
>>1756536
if enough people support this idea, then yes
>>
>>1756593
Heading to bed, will update later
>>
>>1756527
>>A single clan leader, determined by trials of body, mind and spirit, whose descendants shall rule as well?
>>1756527

>>1756536
I would like this but it is something that can be implemented later.
>>
>>1756527

>The elders, those who freshly remember the past and cling to their past clan histories and rivalries, but possess the greatest knowledge?
>>
>>1756527

The rule of one is strong.
Trying to mix it with councils or bureaucracy increases the chance for corruption further on down the road when we got real government and not just bumbling tribes.
>>
>>1756466
Should allow us to have the Smut and lewn things OP.
>>
>>1756527
>>
>>1756819
Someone likes horse cock you queer
>>
>>1756980
Horse Pussy
>>
>>1756631
>>1756676
>>1756978
Through ancient trial and fateful right, the leader of the clan is chosen. He is not the wisest, not the strongest, and not the bravest, but he was deemed good enough in all three to deserve to rule. And while he did not specialize in any of the areas the trials tested, he was clever, and held in his hand a sword stolen from an invader hero's dead hands.

[Gained leadership form: Monarchy]

>Monarchies are very stable forms of rule, where a single person and their descendants make descisions that affect their subjects. Leaders tend to be higher quality, allowing them to more skilled in diplomacy, single combat, or commanding armies. However, the risk of revolution will grow if the current ruler displeases the populous to much. Also, they are the target of plots made by their subjects to try and steal the throne.

[Gain new hero: Clan-King Berethon]

>Clan-King berethon has the following traits.

>Average stats

>High intelligence

>Clever: Gains bonus in strategy and diplomacy

>Legendary weapon: "Mountain carver: A large war blade that can cut through armor. It nullifies any bonus's from armor an opponent would recieve when facing the wielder.

With the leader chosen, the clan consolidates what little of their culture remains. Two artifacts were kept safe from the destruction.

>Choose two

>Stone of stories: A sizable stone that has three sides, each side holding the tale of a mythical hero to your culture. Obtain the writing Tech, which gives a a stack small bonus to food gathering, diplomacy, military, and research for every member of the civilization that is literate. Start with five literate members, and to learn, a pop needs to dedicate three years total of their life to become literate.

>Ancient anvil: a runic anvil that was used to craft the armor and weapons of the clans. Gain the tier 0 and tier 1 smithing tech, allowing you to create Leather, padded gamasen, and studded armor. Can also create bone, stone, and Copper weapons

>Calender stone: A small sun dial like item that can be used to accurately predict the seasons and track the days of the year. Gain tier 1 farming, giving a bonus to food production.

> vial of Breath: a glowing blue vial filled with a magical elixir said to be able to bring a single person back from the dead. Gain a mythical item [Vial of breath] and gain the tier 0 alchemy tech.

>Tome of the ancient: a book written by the first clan, and filled with spells. Requires a literate person to read in order to learn it. Person must spend two years total studying it to be able to use the spells. Gain tier 0, tier 1, and tier 2 Runic magic tech.

>Totem of the harvest God: a carved totem depicting the god of harvests. Gain the favor of this god, and recieve an increase to your farming tech level.
>>
First pair to get three votes wins
>>
>>1759035
Person on the discord who is unable to post reliably voted for

>Stone of stories and Calender stone
>>
>>1759035
>Anvil
>Tome
>>
ancient anvil and vial of breath. Prepare for war, we weren't ready last time
>>
>>1759035
>anvil
>stone of stories

Hard choices, but I'll vote for early boost to everything through writing, and bonus for arms and armours.

About others
Calender and totem almost same thing, the farming tech. Probally usefull early on, but with literated researches we should research some farming in no time.

Tome would be really neat, but we would need to get writing tech for it to be any use...I'd rather have armor and weapons for whole tribe instead.
>>
>>1759107

> Calender stone

> Totem of the harvest God

Food surplus. Abundant food makes for happy subjects. Happy subjects are willing to do more for their liege...
>>
3 for anvil
2 for stone
2 for calender
1for Tome
1 for totem
1 for vial

Anvil is the first winner, one more eneeded
>>
You fools don't understand the importance of the vial. Imagine a king who actually participates in battles, leads his people by example. Loved by all, a fearsome leader whose name inspires courage in his own kind and terror in his enemies. With vial, this is possible since a you can get another chance if you fall in battle. Without vial, you really can't do this without risking everything since the king falling would drive the whole nation into chaos. You can get food by warmongering, but you can't warmonger if you don't win over the people
>>
>>1759227

Changing my vote to:

> Anvil

> Stone
>>
I guess we're literate blacksmiths now.
>>
>>1759241
right you are

Berethon looks over what remains of the once proud culture your clans shared. The epics of the three heroes remained intact, and with it brought the very basis of your people's written word. Alongside the anvil, and the secrets it held, your people were not completely lost.

>Berethon is now has the literate Trait
>4 other people in your civilization are literate

>total adult pop: 100
>Children: 20 (5 years before they become adults)
>Food: 4 Months worth
>Tech: Black smithing Tier I, Writing I

>Supplies: 100 wood, 200 stone
>Buildings: Clan Bonfire

Your people stand ready to face the world. What will you do first?

>(Each turn spans a single month. Each month you may perform 2 actions. When choosing an action, assign how many people you would like to assign to the task. the more you have perform the action, the more successful that action is. Children cannot be used to perform any action except farming, Mining, or learning)

>Research?
>Hunt?
>Build farm?
>Build store house?
>Cut wood?
>Mine?
>Learn (Current options: Literacy)
>Make weapons? (Materials available: Stone
>Gather food?
>Train
>Other?
>>
>>1760938
>Learn (20 children) Teaching them are 5 people that can write
>Build farms All adults
>>
>>1760938

> Build Farm

> Cut Wood
>>
>>1760938
>>1760968
second
>>
>>1760968
This
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>1760968
>>1761719
>>1761809
Over the month, those who could already read and write took it upon themselves to ensure that the knowledge would not be lost. They gathered the few children the clan had, and began their lessens. Over the month, the children were introduced to the basic alphabet. Thanks to so many instructors being available, the children quickly were able to get the hand of the sounds and memorize the characters.

>Two months worth of literacy training achieved. 34 more until the children are completely literate.

As for the rest of the adults, their massive effort brought about the construction of three crop plots, and proper storage for each. Fruits, wheat, and vegetables were planet. In six months the food would be fully grown, would need to be harvested or else it would go to waste with the winter cold.

>Possible food gain, 8 months worth

(ROLLING MONTHLY EVENT)
>>
>>1762021
The month goes by peacefully.

Your people take this time to evaluate the area.

You clan currently has taken refuge in a valley between a rocky hill and a grassy slope. To the north, there is a misty forest that no one in the clan has ever explored. To the south is the old lands, and the invader's marble wall. To the east is more highlands, though the wind coming from the east smells of salt. To the west are the great mountains, their peaks dispersing above the clouds.

>Children: 20 (4 years 11 months before they become adults)
>Food: 3 Months worth

>Supplies: 70 wood, 170 stone

Choose two actions for the month
>Research?
>Hunt?
>Build more farms?
>Build a storage house?
>Cut wood?
>Mine?
>Explore North?
>Explore east?
>explore South?
>Explore West?
>Learn? (Current options: Literacy)
>Make weapons? (Material available: Stone
>Gather food?
>Train?
>assign jobs? (Choose a number of your people to become specialized in a job. They will automatically tend to that job. These people cannot be used while they are assigned to a job. Cannot switch or cancel jobs on a pop for one year.)[Avilable jobs: Farmer, Hunter, miner, woodcutter, black smith, and gatherer]
>Other?
>>
>>1762078
Whoa I'm here.

>Build a storage house? The other build storage
>Hunt? Half the men hunt

>assign jobs?
6 Woodcutter
6 Gatherers
6 Hunters
6 Farmers
1 Blacksmith
>>
>>1762078
Hunt then explore south
>>
>>1762092
*Meant that the other adults not working build the storage house
>>
>>1762078
>make weapons, lances, spears, bows..
>build storage house

We need weapons for hunting and they would help to keep our explorers alive too, better save than sorry.

>>1762092
I agree with those assigned jobs
Plus I think our 4 literated guys are going to be teaching kids untill there is nothing more to teach.
>>
>>1762117
That would be three actions
>>
>>1762123
Assigning jobs takes an action
>>
>>1762162
Can we assign teachers? Or only what's listed
>>
>>1762171
Yeah, you can do that. Though you'll still have to assign children to learning. They can't have jobs yet
>>
>>1762226
>>1762092
Sweet so backing this guy's idea plus one teacher plus kids/students
Also hunting
>>
>>1762120

Right, I'll change my vote for
>hunting
>assign job
6 Woodcutter
6 Gatherers
6 Hunters
6 Farmers
1 Blacksmith
20 kids student /4adult as a teachers

I still say we need those weapons before hunting, but if noone else votes for them, it is pointless to slow the vote.
>>
>>1762350
This
>>
Rolled 40, 39 = 79 (2d100)

Assigning Job and Hunting wins

While those with jobs to do scatter to perform them, the majority of the clan gather around the hunters and follow them out into the wild.

>Rolling for results. Dc is 80-12 for hunters, and -7 for the 71 other people sent on the hunt. -2 for number of people who can read
>Also rolling for monthly event
>>
>>1766270
Hunting failed by 1 degree of failure

Your hunters come back empty handed and ashamed. While they had found prey, the creatures had slipped from their grasp. The area seemed to have few animals to hunt from what they report.

Luckily nothing of importance happened that month other than the activities of the clan.

From the various jobs, the clan obtained:

12 wood
2 stone clubs (cost 4 stone and 2 wood)
6 herbs
6 Bones
1/5 month worth of food (collect 4/5ths in order to get one month of food)

>The children progress a month more in their education, 33 more needed

>Children: 20 (4 years 10 months before they become adults)
>Food: 2 Months worth

>Supplies: 80 wood, 166 stone, 6 herbs, 6 bones

>Research?
>Hunt?
>Build more farms?
>Build a storage house?
>Cut wood?
>Mine?
>Explore North?
>Explore east?
>explore South?
>Explore West?
>Gather food?
>Train?
>assign jobs? (Choose a number of your people to become specialized in a job. They will automatically tend to that job. These people cannot be used while they are assigned to a job. Cannot switch or cancel jobs on a pop for one year.)[Avilable jobs: Farmer, Hunter, miner, woodcutter, black smith, and gatherer]
>Other?
>>
>>1766289
>gather food, eatable plants, roots, berries
Whatever keeps us alive, untill we can harvest from our farms
>make weapons, bows, spears
>>
>>1766320
Seconding
>>
>>1766289
>>1766320
Thirding
>>
>>1766320
Fourthing
>>
>>1766289
Fuck is this we hit sunday nobody playin?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>1766320
>>1766341
>>1767468
>>1769698
>>1769719
In a desperate bid to keep the food stores full enough to last until the harvest season, the entire clan that can heads off into the wilderness in order to gather food.

Thanks to the help of the Professional gatherers, the clan gathers 2 months worth of food.

While they were off collecting food, a small group of people lead by the clan smith went to forging weaponry. Using some wood and the supply of herbs, they managed to fashion two bows, and ten stone spears.

The children spend this time freely, as their teachers had left to gather food for the clan. During this time, one of the children fell into a crevice and became stuck.

>Rolling monthly event
>>
>>1771842
You guys have been very lucky lately with the random events

The month passes peacefully. because of the rather peacefull year thus far, your clan have begun to feel a bit more comfortable with the area. They seem to be shifting back to life before the invaders came. The clan believes that it's times to permanently settle the area.

+2 bows (-6 herbs, - 4 wood) [Provides +5 to hunting rolls]
+10 spears (-10 wood, - 10 stone) [Provide +1 to combat and hunting rolls)
>The children do not progress in their education, 33 more needed

>Children: 19 (4 years 10 months before they become adults)
>Food: 3 Months worth
> 4 months until farms are ready to be harvested
>Supplies: 66 wood, 156 stone, 6 bones

>[Special] Build stone houses? [Consumes all stone, but adds 20 children to the population]
>[Special] Save child? [roll to try and save the child. Risk of losing population]
>Research?
>Hunt?
>Build more farms?
>Build a storage house?
>Cut wood?
>Mine?
>Explore North?
>Explore east?
>explore South?
>Explore West?
>Gather food?
>Train?
>assign jobs? (Choose a number of your people to become specialized in a job. They will automatically tend to that job. These people cannot be used while they are assigned to a job. Cannot switch or cancel jobs on a pop for one year.)[Available jobs: Farmer, Hunter, miner, woodcutter, black smith, and gatherer]
>Other?
>>
>>1771851
Save child and then hunt
>>
>>1771858
Seconded
>>
>>1771851
I'll back
>>1771858
>>
>>1771858
how many people did you want to distribute to each?
>>
>>1774782
7 for each
>>
(Real quick, since this is my first tim handling a civ quest. Are there any mechanics I should add or take away, now that people have gone through a few turns?)
>>
>>1776895
Seems pretty good desu
>>
(Imma take out like, most of this number crunching. For the love of god it burnt me out quick. Food stuff is gonna stay, as well as education, but that's about it)

>Roll 1d100 for saving the child
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.