[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utobra short quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: ink_crow_by_cookiehalo-d65hpcn.jpg (181KB, 1024x644px) Image search: [Google]
ink_crow_by_cookiehalo-d65hpcn.jpg
181KB, 1024x644px
" Anil Basdrov, The Ministry of Arcane is more than pleased with your progress with the pale . Of course, it is an outstanding privilege to meddle with the arcane for the glory of our grand nation. Pale officers should not take their title lightly.

Your first task as a pale officer should be a rather easy one to digest. A rural town by the name of Utobra has experienced a horrid murder two days ago. Not a mundane one, i assure you. Should you find any proof of unauthorized arcane practice, you know what needs to be done.

I expect daily reports on your findings. Oh one more thing, there are some remnants of the... natives in the town. Do mind yourself around them.

Prime Pale officer
Meda Basdrov. "

You closed the letter with disgust teeming in your eyes; what an ungodly stench seething through your carriage.

The Coachman didn't mind it though, The sod must have been used to it by as well as the rest of this wretch town.

'Oh sister of mine, I will surely get you for this...' you thought, angrily.

The Carriage started to slow down at a steady pace, The Coachman stepped out of the carriage with an audible thud in the mud. You peeked your head out, the old road stretched to miles ahead with the town looming in the distance.

>[wait until the coachman returns in silence]
>Where the crud are you, pesk of a man?
>[Step outside into the mud, see what he is doing]
>write in
>>
>>1738560
>>Where the crud are you, pesk of a man?
>>
>>1738782
" 'ardon me, ser. Today's winds has been rough to them 'unglings. They will surely die on the road. "
you didn't expect to find a trace of compassion in these old, rotten bones.

Two little baby crows were gasping, flinging their frail, undeveloped wings while their eyes are pinned to their nest in the skies above. The thick mud was almost swallowing them awhole

The coachman was about to grab the crows with a mother's care.

>Get back here you swine! I can not fathom a second more of delay. Leave these winged vermins on the ground where the belong.
> Your priorities are of mine and mine only. You in luck, I tolerate indiscipline once [Step outside, crush the crows beneath your feet]
>Pathetic creature [Step outside, take off your right glove, burn it to ashes.]
>Do as you will and so will i, expect this to be your last ride after my report.
>[ have a tad of patience ,wait in silence]
>write in
>>
>>1738839
Assist him in returning the birds to their nest
>>
>>1738560
The thought of compassion merely clouded your mind like a fleeting dream. Then again, you would have to soil your boots for such a rewardless task. Perhaps you will show a tad of compassion by allowing him to keep his miserable job; he too had mouths to feed.

They were bound to soiled anyways. Oh be to sure. now was not the most opposite time. You waited in silence as the old man mixed his bare hands with the mud, clutching the chicks from their muddy tomb, the nest was within his reach. A tall man, he was.

A glare of frustration and impatience escaped your silent eyes. The Coachman bowed to you after the deed was done mumbling a hasteful apology that you cared not to pay attention to.

The road continued, The sun, hiding in the horizon. It shouldn't be too long till you reach your destination.

"These 'ungling will surely grow well and fast, ser! A 'ine corpse fishers they'll be! All thanks to you ser!" the old bugger was cheerful, words escaped his mouth like a smooth tunes....to deaf ears that is!
>[remain silent]
>Do not bother me with your folk's rabble and tales! i will have to deal with them aplenty in the following days.
>I have heard about your town's unique 'profession', let us hope it wont tangle with my work
>Quite Charming indeed, glad to be a savoir the avian of death and disease, perhaps its wings shall shelter me from death someday?
>who gave you the permission to speak? heavens above, you vagabonds have no lick of respect.
>write in
>>
>>1739020
>>1739058
while the choices of Anil Basdrov are entirely up to the player. The man won't stray afar from his codes and behavior as implied through his actions.
>>
>>1739058
here we go , that's what i get for quick typing with little proof reading

>oh to be sure

>the most opportune time
>>
>>1739058
"I've heard about your town's unique.profession. I certainly hope it doesn't hinder my mission..."
>>
"Thank'em natives for that, they taught me granddads who to fish the corpses from the rotten womb or the Ug-slava in their tongue. They be kind folks, ser. None 'ere would befit from anything ill 'pon em."

"Tell that to our founding fathers, slaughtered them by the thousands like livestock." your smirk didn't come well with the coachman. Nothing of any concern.

The old road was calm, a bit rough in some areas, no more.

Here it was, the looming town of Utobra, housing over eight thousand soul excluding the natives who marginally lived in the outskirts. Whether this was by their choice or not, you didn't know.

The night settled relatively fast, a few lamp post lighted the way for your carriage. It stopped at a mediocre household near the edge of the town, enthralled by old dead thorns. Two floors, not bad. You hoped it wouldn't crumble upon you in your sleep.

Regardless of where you were, the ill-fated stench kept haunting your senses. You frowned in disgust while exiting the carriage.

Four individuals awaited you outside. A guard with a musket of no intrest to you, A hideous creature under the guise of a man, he was going straight ahead for your luggage with its strong burly arms and its deformed and twisted back. It was a wonder his spine was still functional. He did well hiding its face from you. Good dog.

Alas two remained, A man with an exquisite red beard; long and robust....a remnant of a youth spent. His garments are no different than any commoner. Perhaps his true suit was modesty. He was leaning on a cane with strange markings. Never had you saw something like that. The Mykre of the town no doubt.

The Pale quivered inside your soul, clutching your heart as if it is warding it from danger.

Finally, a woman of kin....a daughter perhaps with blazing red hair coiled around her head in a pleasant fashion. A smile would occasionally slip by her petite mouth. She smelled like wonders. her choice of clothes was modest, leaves a good room for imagination.

"Ah, ser Anil Basdrov. Welcome to our humble town. We are truly graced by your visit. The town would teem with cheerful men and women had it been the morn."

>Hardly doubt it. We are bearers of death and years of imprisonment to most of the rabble around....well, everywhere really.
>a road of roses and lilacs i would prefer then commoners, is there no end of this stench?
>Pleasure is all mine, Ser [bow]
>A tad late for formalities, is this sty my home of operations?
>[ignore the Mykre, gently kiss the delicate hand of his kin]
>write in
>>
>>1739145
>>1739092
while we are at it, quick burst short update or long meatful ones? i do apologize for taking some time, i am writing as we go
>>
>>1739145
That is a fascinating staff you wield, Mykre. Could you perhaps tell me of the sigils that are inscribed upon it?

>Whichever you feel you should do OP. It's your thread
>>
>>1739155
The Mykre let out a hearty laugh "This? ah it is my third leg so to speak, given to me as a gift by the natives when i arrived here. I couldn't walk straight after the third Ox war, you see. Don't you worry ser. The cane soothes the pain in my leg, nothing more. I got it registered at the ministry of the arcane the first chance i got."

The Mykre went silent for a moment as if he recalled something "Where are my manners? I am Mykre Tosvoni and this fair lady is my daughter Pamont, My daughter will show you your residence. "

Brutal ones, them Ox wars over the mainland. The fourth one started a couple of weeks ago, when would these fools learn....

>lead the way
>I demand to see the registration papers at once.
>My oldest brother died in this war, painful times for us all...
>I have faith in your words, Mykre. Let us hope you won't disappointment me.
>As a pale officer, I shall confiscate your cane until further notice.
>write in
>>
>>1739177
Mykre, your papers, please. It's standard procedure. I'm sure you understand and your cooperation is appreciated.
>>
>>1739181
"Oh..." came an unexpected pause, The Mykre whispered to the silent guard who later bolted towards the large building looming in a close distance "Staying vigilant i see, props to your dedication. None is above the law it seems..."

Ah yes, this frown you oh so heard of, these simple folks fails to understand how dangerous the powers of arcane can be. Be it of most pure intention or not. It. Must. Be. Regulated.

A couple of minutes have passed. The guards galloped back to you three panting. Quite a runner despite he was. He should consider pursuing another career with that fast pace.

The darkness surrounding you didn't help but you managed to verify the papers. These were indeed issued from the ministry before the recent reformation; a few corrupt officers were culled out as they should have. There were a lot of vacant spots for talented individuals such as yourself.

>Apologies for the inconvenience, It is almost a must; The Pale can be a cruel mistress at times, lets us not linger more in the dark.
>As shameful as i am to admit it,These papers were signed in times where the corrupt and the greedy ran amok in the ministry. A chance of falsehood is not far away. Until you renew your papers, i will confiscate this cane for further study.
>write in
>>
>>1739201
>quite a runner he was
>>
>>1739201
"It would seem, Mykre, that your papers were processed during a time of record corruption within my organization... I'm afraid that I must confiscate this staff for the time being. Upon renewal, I will return your cane.
>>
>>1739206
"I trust you judgement..." Tosvoni handled you his cane. He winced slightly after giving it you.

Unlike his daughter, his face remained the same "Sleep well good officer, My Son Tevinii will give you a full report about our recent conundrum the first thing in the morning. fair night to you ,ser."

The Mykre silently departed with his guard leaving his daughter to guide you inside the household.

The deformed abomination of a man had just finished unpacking your luggage, he scurried away with his eyes glued to the ground.

The household's interior was rather spacious, nothing too fancy or luxurious but it ought to do. It was recently cleaned too, not too many visitors of import you presumed. The girl did her best to show you around.

A soft voice crackled with a pinch of anger escaped her soft lips "Your bedroom is upstairs, ser. Borgol the house guard and me are at your service. A call and any of us are there for you."

>I find no pleasure in the pain of others, you know. I simply lack sympathy in my line work.
>I see no Borgol around.
>awfully empty my room is. Is this the best this town can offer?
>I dislike eggs, they soil my mood. Also a gentle knock on my room will suffice. I get rather displeased with vulgar barge-ins
>Thank you for your hospitality, have a fair night
>write in
>>
>>1739234
I take no pleasure in the suffering of others. My line of work, however, does not allow me to afford much sympathy.
>>
>>1739236
"Good night, ser." She gently closed the door behind her without a retort.

You tried at least. Perhaps this was not the best way to leave a first impression but you cared little about your personal appearance to these folks, you could be the devil's spawn and yet that wouldn't avert you from finishing your task whether they liked it or not.

The journey on the old road has ached your body. It begged you for a good night sleep, maybe a warm bath too.

>Meditate, attempt to commune with the pale
>Examine the cane closely under proper light
>Call Pamont, make her ready a warm bath for you
>surrender to your body, go to sleep
>write in
>>
>>1739254
>Examine cane
>>
File: crow.png (28KB, 2222x2222px) Image search: [Google]
crow.png
28KB, 2222x2222px
>>1739258
Pagan symbols, utter rubbish to you. It seemed that it was devoid of any arcane property as of now. how strange. The Ministry had special native Pale officers who can easily read these scribbles. The Mal-hal as they would like to called themselves, officially they are called the Tainted Pale officers . The Pale had its ways with those of the natives who seem fit to wield its powers.

Perhaps it was tied to its owner by one mean or another. That you had experienced earlier, a Pale Ward can be a hit or a miss, one must hone one's skill with the pale to sharpen it up...to make it more accurate.

You could send it to the closest Tainted Pale officer but that could take days of waiting since none are in this wretched town. Alternatively, you could speak with the natives. You had this feeling you will mingle with them in the upcoming days.

The mental map in your mind was light as a feather, this was bound to change soon.

>Meditate, attempt to commune with the pale
>Call Pamont, make her ready a warm bath for you
>surrender to your body, go to sleep
>write in
>>
>>1739292
>Commune with the pale
>>
>>1739298
You yawned before closing your eyes drifting into a formless, otherworldly place. The Pale is a sentient plane of existence which provided a plethora of arcane to its users. It was deemed the safest method to harness formidable arcane powers which can range from one pale officer to another. After all, one must fight fire with fire.

Your Pale has temporary increased to 80 instead of 60 for tomorrow

The usage of the Pale is usually limited according to one's rank. exceeding said quota might prove to be harmful on the long run. It is also forbidden by the ministry too unless a life threatening situation ebbed.

A big day awaited you tomorrow, off to sleep for the moment.

i will call here for today because i can't open my eyes as well. i will post in the quest thread when i continue tomorrow. i hope i wasnt too horrid.

good night anon and thank you.
>>
>>1739331
Well I enjoyed meself OP. I'll look in tomorrow
>>
-----------Day one--------------

The sun shined upon room at the morn, bringing dazzling light to your eyes, you slept like a brick. Your ears deaf to the world around you in your dreamless sleep.

This early meal should do, a couple of crackers, a cup tea and some good cheese. The loaf was a bit rough for your taste but you need not to sour your mood at the beginning of the day.

Pamont's eyes never met yours while she served your breakfast. You did wonder why The Mykre didn't hire any servant but his daughter. You are not accustomed to this dose of ....kindness. A matter for another day, you thought.

Once you finished your meal, you dressed up properly. You tucked your pistol firmly under your belt. You rarely used it but it was a part of your uniform. The ministry of Arcane has granted you 2000 silver to cover your expense during your investigation. You were a careful spender at any rate.

Your had heavy footsteps approaching your door. This door knock was for from gentle....vulgars.

"Do come in."

"Pale officer, Ser. Borgol comes with message" Well, well, well...A Branded in this town? Constructs of stone and clay. they are bought from the far east, a tad expensive to own; fifty, maybe sixty thousand per head. This one was decorated with more pagan symbol yet none resonacted any trace of arcane, strange.

They required only water, their strength match a raging ox. We have tried to weaponize them once. It was a shame that they were mostly dimwits with few exceptions. Manual labor and other simple tasks...no more, no less for them.

You could ask the Mykre for the deed of purchase since such constructs fell under the jurisdiction of the ministry. Furthermore, their minds were easy to read and to manipulate using the pale. Unfortunately, the pale had provided your with little mind-bending arcane. You only excelled at setting your foes ablaze. the rest were lacking.

"let's see," you took the piece of paper, it was from Tevinii, The man who should have been in this construct's shoes. You read this message with visible anger written on your face.

"Officer Anil, This is Tevinii, captain of the guards. i require your immediate presence at the town's morgue in the Baush district

The corpse has been stolen
"

>Is this a mere jest, you lump of putrid stone?
>Imbeciles! the lots of you!
>Lead me to wherever this incompetent morgue is, construct
>[Go down stairs, ask Pamont to guide you to the morgue]
>[Barge out of the household, find this morgue yourself]
>write in
>>
>>1740482
Useless construct! I'll find this morgue myself. I set out into the streets.
>>
File: crow.png (35KB, 2222x2222px) Image search: [Google]
crow.png
35KB, 2222x2222px
>>1740518
You stormed outside, puffing in anger. This anger however was starting to cloud your rational thinking. You took a moment to recollect, drawing a mental map for what was up ahead.

The district you were in, seemed in better conditions than other districts within proximity. Understandable too, The Mykre wouldn't found his and his visitor's households in the slums for an example.

No, The morgue reeked of death and disease, it wouldn't be here....

>ask children for its location
>ask gentries for its location
>ask the guards for its location
>wander aimlessly until you find your target [d10]
>write in
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1740591
>Wander
We gonna explore the city
>>
>>1740692
There were few signs to guide you through the small town but nevertheless you found yourself in the heart of the Baush district. In this half an hour of exploration, you made a couple of observations:

The district which housed your household and the Mykre's was called Diris , it also had an old temple and a small park . The other high class district that you stumbled upon was Stril . Unlike Diris, it was more robust with structures like a sanitarium, a market, a theatre.

The Baush district was less pretty than these two. Middle class folks dwelled there no doubt, there was a small barracks at one of its corner with a proper jail too. The Morgue was a separate entity from any medical facility which was odd. What was even stranger was the larger facility next to the morgue. Both had the stench of death....

A general theme that appeared to repeat upon itself was crows both; almost every facility had a crow's emblem. Furthermore, No pigeons or any sky vermin soiled the skies....

Crows. Murders of them.

A couple of guards were stationed at the front, they were excepting your arrival. There were some rabble around with unwanted curiosity, thankfully, the guards were making sure everything stayed in order. Some sort of security measures, what a bloody relief.

Your entrance lacked any sort of politeness. A strong redhead of a man was barking orders to the guards inside, that must be the Mykre's son. A man in a leather outfit and a beak mask leaned weakly on the wall, his hand clutching to his head. He appeared to be trying to recollect himself among all the chaos in front of you; cold infected instruments scattered on the floor, flipped morgue slabs and much more.

Damn guards trampling over all shred of evidence that you might have, your blood was starting to boil.

For once, someone return a gaze of anger to you "Ah, so here comes the man who takes tools of aid from the cripple. I see fire in your eyes despite your cold, bitter heart."

>[ignore him, speak with the doctor]
>Now is not the time, we have more important problems at hands
>Oh? True is that what i hear? Perhaps i should write this down in my report? Then you will truly see how my heart is?
>Get your dogs and other riffraff away from here! you are doing more harm than good
>write in
>>
>>1740905
I don't have time for the rabble. I'm here for an investigation. Who is in charge of the mortuary here?
>>
>>1740905
get your dogs away from the evidence you incompetents have not already desecrated. if you are going to do nothing of productive capabilitys get out of this room, you gormless fool.

>in a very cold and condescending tone not fired up, at least look uninterested.
>>
>>1742403
>>1743455
i thought after 6 hours of silence that none are interested anymore, I do apologize for it.

If anyone is around, i shall continue
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1742403
>>1743455
well, incase someone does come, at least i will have a post ready

rolling
>>
>>1743455
"So be it," The poor captain swallowed his steaming anger in one hard gulp. With a simple gesture, he signaled his men to clear the area giving some room for your keen eyes.

One last turn before his departure, the captain slammed a file on the closest mortuary "Our findings on the man, make a good use of it, Tosg-olval "

The Mortician managed to find some strength to stand. "Quite an entrance , Ser. As per the Basdrov's blazing temper "

"Is that a mockery i hear in your voice?" your blood was soothing about with the departure of that ape.

"Hardly, If i may say so, the resemblance is uncanny as well..." but of course. Your uncle, Luvet Basdrov. A great man of medicine on top of the best medical academy this nation can offer. An old cruel man clutching to his husk like no mortal would. Perhaps it was the nose, yes. Other than that, you hardly resembled him.

The man unfastened his mask to reveal a young man with a rather annoying and optimistic face slightly perturbed by the pain ringing in his head. "Yugiel Mande, Utroba's sole mortician and anthropologist." he extended his hand for a shake which was rightfully ignored. He didn't seem to be disappointment though.

>[ignore him, quickly skim through the captain's report]
>[ignore him, Attempt to make a finding out of this mess around you]
> what brings you to this wretched town? many apath are still open for you
>I expect full cooperation from you. The Lack of competency around here is unbearable.
>What was the pagan word the red mule uttered?
>write in
>>
i suppose that's it then.

well, thank you for all three who replied to this wreck.

Good night
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.