[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norseman Saga, Volume 11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

File: NS OP image.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
NS OP image.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
Your name is Haskell, son of Sven. A young Norse man of about seventeen, and heir to a family that has long since begun spiralling, and a farm that has been fallow for too long. A father who lost most of his hand raiding, a mother who took ill on a sickness brought back on the longships, and a brother who’s entire raiding party hasn’t been heard from in six months, presumed lost to the sea.

That’s turning around. A local priest explained the recurring dream you’d been having: prophetic in nature, a way for Odin to let you know you’d been chosen as a Paladin, a champion of his religion along with your three oldest friends. Unfortunately, neither Odin, nor anyone else of his pantheon can contact you until you find the mythical Atlas of the Conqueror. It was last held by Charlemagne, and is rumored to be somewhere on mainland Europe. That doesn’t matter so much, though. They say you don’t find the Atlas; it finds you when it thinks you’re ready for the vast responsibility it places on your shoulders.

Important Links:
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Norseman
Last thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1636781/
Thread 4.5 because Handler didn’t archive it: http://archived.moe/qst/thread/835865
Thread 8.51 because Handler’s still a moron: https://archived.moe/qst/thread/1113929
Character sheet: http://pastebin.com/3YQyKhpV
Relationships: http://pastebin.com/iRfRY4kS
Hander’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/ContractorQM
>>
File: Raid camp.jpg (157KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Raid camp.jpg
157KB, 900x675px
“Is there anyone else that may want Silas dead, other than the werewolves,” you ask, trying to come up with last minute questions.

“Not Silas in particular,” Logan answers after a moment of thought. “Though, I’m sure there are plenty that wouldn't mind a Catholic cardinal being killed. Not many on this island, however. These people haven’t been catholic long, but they took to it like a pig to mud. That’ll probably cause problems later,” Logan trails off.

“Looks like we won't be double dipping on the assassination,” Knut says in Norse, chewing on the inside of his lip.

“A damn shame,” you reply in your native tongue. “Probably be some pretty good money in it.”

With all of your questions answered, you make your goodbyes to the vampire and leave the mansion. As you exit, he hands you a rolled up map of the northern part of Ireland, with Coleraine marked. Doesn't look like more than a day’s worth of sail.

There seem to be a few more young vamps out now that the noon day sun isn't beating down so hard. Some eye you hungrily, and are quickly batted over the head by older, more mature comrades.

You end up back in the camp after a few hours’ walk in the green, rocky countryside with about three hours of daylight left. Cook fires have been lit, and three of the seven ships have been turned into makeshift barracks. The other four remain on the shoreline, so no one appears to have left on a raid yet.

>Find some food at a fire
>Find someone (who?)
>Do something (what?)
>Try to talk Torstein into sending a raid to Coleraine (Write in)
>Try to drum up some men on your own (Write in)
>Write-in
>>
>>1731263
>>Find some food at a fire
rub a dub grub
>>
>>1731263
>>Find some food at a fire
What happened to the Polish merc?
>>
>>1731311
Wll, no one really did anything with him, so he kinda fucked off into the Latvian wilderness, never to be seen again?
>>
>>1731322
I think the problem was no goals really. Since he was just a merc. I know this ancient thread long ago we were a sniper in Algeria, during the civil war, then OP was kill.

Your Polish Merc had good writing and good features. But I kind of like the d100 rolls at the start then what you change it to afterward.

So the problem I see is the goals. If we have a long term goals set up, anons will be able to work with it. Like all threads if anons feel like we're not going to a goal, they just give up or not really do anything.
>>
>>1731358
I was hoping it was going for a rival company was trying to take us out or something, so we would get our home attacked, ambushed in the streets, and maybe the US government contracted us
>>
>>1731358
Oh, you meant Contractor Quest. I apologize for the confusion. I thought you were talking about the mercenary arche from Haskell's first raid.

No, what happened with that is I sort of let my QM duties slide, and as a result player interest faded. I'd gladly bring it back if we had enough readers. I was just starting to get into some actual storylines when it died, too. Trying to move away from the 'mission of the week' style we'd been doing.

>>1731374
Like I said, I was just starting to begin storylines. I had some things planned depending on what you guys ended up doing those.
>>
>>1731391
Yeah I meant the Contractor Quest, maybe try something different, a time with more conflict. Or you could have something happened to the our native homeland of Poland.
>>
>>1731399
I'm sure that if there is enough interest in Norseman, then he could maybe switch back over for like a month. Handler needs to rebuild his player base first
>>
>>1731399
I sort of hinted at one of the storylines with the mission you guys were going into. No one pressed Hyun about it, so it didn't get explained, but the issue was going to be forced later. And that wasn't the only thing I had planned.

>>1731406
/qst/ as a whole kinda needs to rebuild. I'll do my part to help that, though.

Anyway. Enought about CQ. We're here for Norseman Saga Just the three of us though
>>
>>1731424
No matter what the quest, I'm here Handler
>>
>>1731447
<3
>>
>>1731424
Make that four for the moment. I'm not going to abandon this quest just yet, not when we're so close to getting gloriously thicc redhead wenches.
>>
File: Sigurd.jpg (400KB, 1104x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Sigurd.jpg
400KB, 1104x1104px
You walk through the camp, the smoke from the fires filling your nose with the scent of cooking meat. Eventually, you venture too close to one of the sources of the smell, and you can’t help but stare at the roasting deer leg, rotating slowly over.

“Hungry, Haskell,” says a gruff voice. Seems you’ve been noticed. “Pull up a seat,” they demand in a much friendlier tone. Looking up at your savior, you see that it’s Ivarr, the horribly scarred man that was on your raid to the Baltic. “All four of you, there’s plenty to go around.”

He’s right, you think to yourself. Besides Ivarr, there’s only one other man at this cook fire, and this section could easily feed the six of you. Hungrily, the four of you gather around, waiting impatiently for the meat to cook through.

Finally, the meat glistens as the fat melts out, signalling it’s safe to eat. Unhappily, you wait for Ivarr to cut the first slice off. He did cook the damn thing, after all. When he has his share, you greedily cut off a section with your seax, likely more than what was fair. You don’t really give a shit.

“This is Sigurd,” Ivarr says as he gulps down his first bite of buck. “He’s from a few villages over, but he’s my sister’s kid and his pa caught sick a few years back. Don’t walk so good no more. I told her I’d take him out when he got the chance.”

Sigurd, a handsome young man by any account, grunts his introduction. Judging from his tight lipped expression, he’s either in a pissy mood, or not one for talking. May be both.

He stands to cut his own section from the haunch. He’s probably about your build, but closer to Anders’ height. It’s hard to be ‘stocky’ at nearly six feet tall, but he does it just fine.

The four of you introduce yourselfs to him, and each is met with the same grunt. You look to Ivarr, and he simply shrugs his shoulders as he takes another bite of the steaming meat.

>Talk about something (What?)
>Find someone (Who?)
>Do something (What?)
>Write-in
>>
File: Ivarr.jpg (25KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
Ivarr.jpg
25KB, 600x391px
>>1731695
Aaaaand Ivarr, for those lacking memory of a character you had one conversation with six months ago
>>
>>1731695
>>Talk about something (What?)
Anyone find any cool places around here?
>>
>>1731695
>Talk about something (What?)
So, Sigurd, how're you liking Ireland so far? What're you hoping to bring back home? I'm looking to get some animals for the farm, maybe a busty flame-haired lass as well.
>>
>>1731766
Supporting we need them thicc red heads
>>
>>1731766
>>1731722
Both of this
>>
“Anyone find anything worth looking at yet,” you ask Ivarr, inconveniently as he takes a large bite.

“Nothing yet,” he says after taking a few seconds to chew and swallow. “But it’s only been a day. There’s a long time to find out what’s worth taking. We’ve used this same landing spot a few times over the years, so we know where all the towns are. Unless, of course, some warlord or another has burned them to the ground. These Irish love their clan warfare.”

“Anything particular you’re hoping to bring home, Sigurd,” you ask the young man. “Personally, I’m hoping for some livestock, and maybe a feisty redhead to keep me busy back in Norway.”

“Gold,” Sigurd answers simply and softly, after taking a moment’s pause to turn bright red. You see Ivarr egg him on, giving him a rolling motion with his hand. “My, ah, my father owns a lumber mill, but since his sickness he can’t do it much on his own no more,” he stutters. “I’m out here trying to get money to start putting up homes for workers.”

From the corner of your eye, you see Ivarr give him a thumbs up, and as broad a smile as his scarred maw can produce.

“My father runs a shipyard,” Erik says, for once jumping into a conversation of his own free will. “Maye they should get to know each other. Sounds like it would be worth both their whiles.”

Sigurd opens his mouth to answer, but shuts it tightly once more, settling for a quick nod.

>Continue the conversation (Write-in)
>Find someone else (Who?)
>Do something (What?)
>Write-in
>>
>>1731914
>Do something (What?)
If we want the things we say we want. How about we start looking for something worth looking at?
>>
>>1731914
>>Continue the conversation (Write-in)
Talk how we're kind of in the same boat as him, what with our father missing out on raids from an old wound. Make him feel better by telling him that we're still considered newbies, too. Then ask him what's his preferred hand to hand weapon.
>>
“I’m in much the same boat,” you say to Sigurd with a sympathetic look on your face. “My dad had half his hand cut off, and this is my chance to make the family farm productive again. I’ve gotten a good start, but there’s a long way to go. Luckily, this is only my second raid, so things are looking up.”

“Really,” the young man says in awe. “It can turn around that fast?”

“For sure,” you answer, excited to see some emotion in the man. “Gotta work for it, though. I only made off so well because I rolled a barrel of spice out of a burning building.”

His eyes go from hopeful to confused. “Well that hardly seems worth it,” he says flatly.

“It did pay for two fields of seed, and new tools, so it seems to have paid off.”

Sigurd considers your words, and looks to mull over them for a moment. Just one, though, before Anders breaks any semblance of silence.

“Odin’s beard, you are fucking boring,” he grumbles, pointing a grease-covered seax at you and Erik. “Lumber deals and spice barrels? Talk about something worthwhile. What do you fight with, Sigurd? Any weapons or styles you prefer?”

“One second,” he says, a light in his eyes. He stands and vanishes behind his tent for a moment, and come back carrying an axe. It’s hands down, the ugliest, meanest looking axe you’ve ever seen. Double bitted, and easily four feet tall, it’s no wonder he’s got such a large frame if he’s swinging the damn thing around. “Meant for chopping firewood,” he says, his teeth gleaming with a smile. “Works just fine on shields and chests, though. Doesn’t even cut. Just smashes right through them.”

“That’s what I’m talking about,” Anders shouts, literally jumping to his feet, pointing at Sigurd with a free hand. “This man’s all business, none of this pussy-footing shield bullshit you three pull. I think you and I are gonna get along great, Sigurd.”

Anders clasps his new friend’s wrist with one hand, clapping the other on his opposite shoulder. He’s really too excitable for his own good, and Sigurd looks physically uncomfortable with the contact.

>Continue the conversation
>Look for someone (Who?)
>Do something (What?)
>Write-in
>>
File: Sigurd's axe.jpg (11KB, 500x500px)
Sigurd's axe.jpg
11KB, 500x500px
>>1731963
Just so you don't thnk I ignored you,
I went with the other option since this one kind of ends the conversation, and we can always do it later. Conversational options don't work that way

Got all worked up writing Anders' excitement, forgot to post a picture myself.
>>
>>1732099
Pat Sigurd on the back.

"With an axe like that, I think you'll scare many Irishmen for years to come, friend."
>>
>>1732099
How much action did you put the axe through?
>>
>>1732128
sure
>>
>>1732128
This, and add "Be sure to stick near us sheild bearing types. Help you keep that pretty face intact. You'd be doing yourself I'll getting chewed up too bad like Anders here is wont to do."
>>
“These celts will be warning their kids about that axe for generations, Sigurd,” you say, standing to get a closer look at the scarred, pitted thing. “Just be sure you stick close to me and Knut,” you continue. “We’ve got the shields. Wouldn’t do for you to ruin that pretty mug the way Anders ruined his.”

“Hey, fuck you,” Anders replies incredulously, puffing his chest and squaring his shoulders at you. “I’ll have you know, I’ve caught your own thrall’s eyes lingering on more than one occasion.”

“Probably wondering how someone so short can be so full of himself,” you hear Knut grumble under his breath, but Anders doesn’t seem to notice. You decide to move the conversation on before you have to kick Anders’ ass. Again.

“That thing seen much action yet,” you ask of Sigurd, nodding towards his woodsman’s axe.

“Uh, a little every now and then,” he says, shifting on his feet as his eyes dart to the ground. Sometimes a frost giant will wander into the mill, and we have to chase it off. Last fall, even, a few bandits came and tried to kidnap my little sister. I cut off one’s leg, and the others ran off. Just left their friend to bleed to death.”

“Sound like cowards, through and through,” Erik says softly. “We had to deal with some bandits about a month ago, in the woods. Had to kill them to the man. Was he your first?”

Sigurd only nods, his eyes barely breaking the horizon before he shuffles back to his roughshod wooden seat.

>continue the conversation
>Find someone
>Do something
>Write-in
>>
>>1735154
>>Find someone
I forgot who he was, but lets find the raid leader and ask to be put on a patrol.
>>
>>1735154
Say goodbye to Sigurd and Ivarr, then go find the raid leader.
>>
>>1735215
>>1735376
Supporting
>>
>>1735154
>>>Find someone
>I forgot who he was, but lets find the raid leader and ask to be put on a patrol.
>>
>>1735215
supporting.
>>
Hey guys, just letting you know I'm at work until 5 central. I'm hoping to do a few updates tonight, and I have tomorrow off entirely so I'll be writing as fast as the baby will let me
>>
>>1731262
Love these threads boss, but I hate to see you languish here. Maybe you should move to anonkun or something. I'm sure you'd find more players.
>>
>>1737754
I heard the opposite. That every QM that goes over to anonkun gets their quest killed.
>>
>>1737754
I've considered it for future quests, but Norseman Saga will be QST 4 lyfe

I like the formatting of Akun better, and I think it would work better for the type of threads I run

>>1737768
Akun and QST run very different styles. Transfers don't do well, but fresh starts seem to do fine as long as the QM knows what they're getting into
>>
Sorry for the lack of update last night folks, had to run the kid to the clinic before they closed. Everything's fine, but we ended up getting back hella late. Writing an update now, and since I'm home with the baby, I'm planning on churning them out as fast as you guys vote for them.
>>
“Well,” you say as you begin to back away from the fire. “It was a pleasure meeting you, Sigurd, and I hope you find us out there on a raid. We’d love to fight by your side.”

Sigurd gives you a small smile as he nods, and Ivarr stands to shake your hands.

“I’ll be sure to send him your way, aye,” he says, his scarred face beaming. He mouths a silent ‘thank you’ before heading back to take his seat. The four of you give a final small wave before turning into the camp.

After a few minutes of halfhearted searching, you find Torstien, figuratively knee-deep in a cask of the ale reserves from his ship, sitting around a fire with his ship captains. You’re sure this will be a fun conversation.

“Hashkell,” he slurs, pointing at you with his stein, “I can shee that you are not being eaten by a vampire,” he points out, swaying slightly in his seat. “What can I do for ya lads?”

“Well, I was hoping you could place us out on a patrol,” you request. “Something to get a little action, stretch our legs before we raid something.”

“Thurrs l’redy a patrol out,” Torstien answers, and he looks genuinely confused. “Wh-why would I have two ‘trols?”

“Well I figured you would,” you reply, resisting the urge to roll your eyes. “But perhaps tomorrow, or the next day.”

“Thass a good idea,” Torstien says. “Remind me ‘morrow,” he says to one of his less-drunk captains.

“We’ll have you out with a few more experienced fighters tomorrow,” the man says. “They may have you do something on your own, or they may have you stick with them. I’ll expect you to follow their orders. Understood?”

>Choose one of each

>Understood
>Maybe we don’t want to patrol, then

>Do something
>Find someone
>Go to bed
>Write-in
>>
>>1739484
>Understood
No problem with listening to experience

Ask for one of the ale casks and then go to bed
>>
>>1739484
>>Understood

>>Continue the conversation

Get in good with the boss.
>>
>>1739484
>>Understood
>>Go to bed
>>
>>1739484
>Understood
>Go to bed
Sup Handler
>>
>understood
>go to bed
>>
>>1739484
>Understood
>Do something
Drink with the boss.
>>
>>1739747
I'd prefer not to get hammered before going out on patrol tomorrow.
>>
“Of course,” you say, nodding to the captain as you meet his gaze. “Whatever they need us to do.”

“Good thinking, boys,” he says, eyes scanning the four of you. “That’ll get you ahead around here in a hurry.”

“Let us know when and where, as well as if there’s anything else you’d need us to do.”

He grunts his understanding, and turns to the cask to fill his stein once more. The conversation over, the four of you turn away from the fire into the darkened camp.

“We should get some sleep now,” Anders suggest, stretching his arms behind his head. “Our patrol tomorrow is likely to go late into the night, so we’ll be aching for it.”

“I can agree with that,” Knut says through a yawn. “See you gentlemen when the sun’s up,” he finishes as he walks off to find a place to sleep.

You also leave the group, and find an empty blanket under an overturned ship. You crawl under it, using a second as a pillow, and sleep through the night.

You had expected a dream, but wake without having one. It’s early in the morning and few people are awake, though you can hear a few hushed conversations and see smoke from a few small fires wafting through the sky. You have no idea where your friends ended up, and it’s doubtful that anyone besides Erik is awake yet.

>Find someone (Who?)
>Do something (What?)
>Timeskip to the patrol
>Write-in
>>
>>1739833
Gather your gear, search out your buds and head out. Bring something to eat with you.
>>
>>1739852
Sure
>>
>>1739852
Where would you like to head to? What would you like to do there?
>>
>>1739833
>>Find someone (Erik)
Since hes probably awake
>>
>>1739884
If there are other patrol leaders, I'd suggest we get to know where there route is and whatever section away from the camp that isn't covered we will patrol.

Do we know where we want to raid? because if so we might want to scout if we're close enough. Also have Erik bring his bow.
>>
>>1739833
Could you give us a rundown of what gear our comrades and what we are using. Because preferably we should wear light armor for swift movement and perhaps we can pass off as hunters if we are caught/spotted etc.
>>
>>1739944
Haskell uses a one handed axe and a shield most of the time, but also carries 2 seaxes (one on his belt, one in a boot), a 2h axe, and a brace of three throwing axes and wears reinforced leather armor

Knut uses a shield and spear combo, and also carries a one handed axe and a seax, and wears no armor

Anders dual wields an axe and a sword, and carries a seax. He wears leather armor.

Erik uses a bow, and carries a seax. He wears no armor. He is also a skilled wrestler.

>>1739920
There are patrol leaders, and I'd hand wave asking around for them since it would be a pointless update.

Logan said 'off screen' that Coleraine would be about a day's sail by ship, so it would probably be a three or four day walk, depending on terrain and encounters that slow you down.
>>
File: tegaki.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>1739961
Let's head off early and be back by the end of the day in somewhat of a zigzag direction unless anyone else have a better idea.
>>
>>1739966
Everyone okay with this? I'll start writing when we get some people to confirm it
>>
>>1739966
Shure
>>
>>1739966
That works.
>>
Sorry for taking off guys, baby spiked a fever and we had to take her to the walk-in.

Looks like we're going on patrol. Can I get three 1d100's? I'll start writing as soon as we get those in
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1741704
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1741704
rollin
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>1741704
Keep that baby fever down. It can loads of problems, also good for you taking the baby to the doctor
>>
>>1741730
>>1741746
>>1741742
>85
>95
>100
The Dice gods hear the baby plea.
>>
File: blackman.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
blackman.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>1741746
>>1741742
>>1741730
>>
File: hrrmmm.png (71KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
hrrmmm.png
71KB, 321x322px
>>1741742
Do we find a fair red headed maiden in da woods?
>>
>>1741746
Baby seems fine, fever's down. She's just moaning about the typical aches and pains that come with a cold and whatnot. Gotta remember pretty much any pain is going to about the worst thing she's ever experienced.

Also, fuuuuck me those are some good rolls. Writing.
>>
So. Chrome started doing that thing it does where it just doesn't load some pages. Restarted my computer to get it going. Computer is now updating. Will be posting from my phone till it's done
>>
You know that it will probably be several hours until your friends wake, so you decide to take your sweet time to don your weapons and armor.

You take a few extra minutes to wipe each weapon clean as you place it in its respective place. This serves the dual purpose of killing a little more time, and creating a more picturesque image when they slam into some Irishman’s neck.

Eventually, you complete this prolonged process, and begin to walk into the camp, now slowly awakening. You find Erik talking to an older man you don't recognize. Upon seeing you, he ends the conversation and approaches you. He’s already kitted up, his bow strung across his back, and his seax in his belt.

“That was our patrol leader,” he says as you get within earshot. “He gave us the northern half of the patrol route, while he’s going to take the southern.”

“Sounds great,” you say, nodding. “We enjoy our autonomy. Let’s find the other two.”

He nods, and steps beside you as you walk. After a few minutes of searching, you find Knut sitting on the edge of a cot. Upon seeing you, he grumpily stands and begins to arm up wordlessly.

When he’s ready, you explain the plan to him, and he agrees. You set off to find Anders, who, even with all the extra time taken, is still not awake. You rudely kick him awake, and are met by a string of curse words. You repeat the same process you had with Knut, and finally get on the patrol, zig-zagging from the coast into some lightly forested hills.

About halfway to the point Erik was directed to turn around and patrol back, you stop the group in their tracks. Voices.

You sneak through the woods, and come upon eight men, nearly naked and covered in some sort of paint.

“That’s no hunting party,” Knut says, nearly under his breath. He’s right. You don't know how these people hunt, but you doubt it’s with swords, shields, and javelins.

“What do we do,” Erik asks, harshly but just as quiet. “If we kill them, and no one knows we’re here, we’ll alert the rest of the area something's up. But if they do know we’re here and we leave them alone, they’ll find the raid camp eventually.”

“And they have us two to one,” Anders says, already working out his plan of attack.

>Eight men, armed and likely hostile, completely unaware of your presence.
>Any action but direct attack will likely require a stealth roll

>Sneak away, tell Torstein about the patrol (stealth, average DC)
>Sit and watch what they do (stealth, lower DC)
>Charge them (plan of attack)
>try to split them up (Stealth, high DC, requires write in and plan of attack)
>Write-in
>>
>>1742158
>>Sit and watch what they do (stealth, lower DC)
>>
>>1742203
Oops, forgot to mention, please give me a 2d100 roll with your answer.

First set is your stealth roll, second is their perception roll
>>
>>1742158
>>Sit and watch what they do (stealth, lower DC)
>>
Rolled 94, 58 = 152 (2d100)

>>1742212
>>
Rolled 62, 38 = 100 (2d100)

>>1742158
>>>Sit and watch what they do (stealth, lower DC)
>>
Rolled 77, 66 = 143 (2d100)

>>1742158
>>
Rolled 93, 84 = 177 (2d100)

>>
>>1742263
My rolls are high today.
>>
You hold your hand up to silence them. Now is not the time for rash decisions.

You take a knee behind the brush, careful to be sure the handle of your daneaxe isn’t sticking out from the cover. You motion with a wave to the other three, and they spread out to take similar positions.

After a few minutes of chatter in a language you don't speak, the eight men finally stand and take action. Two men take a bow and a spear, sheathing their swords and heading into the thicker forest, while one man takes an axe that looks too heavy to fight effectively with, and walks into the trees as well, albeit in a different direction.

The remaining five put two men on watch, scanning the treeline of the clearing. They don't look to be taking it very seriously. The final three men begin unpacking the supplies to set up a camp, tying lines for a tent and laying out bedrolls. Seems they plan to spend the night in the clearing.

>The men have split up, and are settling in. They have posted guards, however, so stealth will slowly get harder if you decide to stick around.

>Continue waiting and watching (stealth)
>Follow one of the two groups that left (stealth, plan of action)
>Charge the remaining five men (plan of action)
>Split up (who goes where?)
>Write-in
>>
>>1742290
>>Follow one of the two groups that left (stealth, plan of action)
We'll follow one of the patrols and wipe them out, so that when we charge, it'll give us a small advantage.
>>
>>1742290
>>Sneak away, tell Torstein about the patrol

pointless to observe if we can't understand them
Maybe leave someone to watch over them from afar, like whoevers sneakiest.
unless anons want to try and take them all on by picking them off one by one.
idk
>>
File: tegaki.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
7KB, 400x400px
Okay, here's a rough map for you. You are big blue dot. Yellow dot is Knut, White dot is Anders, Black dot is Eric.

Enemies with black dots are guards, red arrow is where the one man went, black arrow is where the group of two went.

Also, please roll 2d100 with your vote. In the case of stealth, first will be your stealth roll while the second will be their perception roll. If another action is taken, we'll use the same rolls for a rough initiative
>>
Rolled 97, 83 = 180 (2d100)

>>1742314
Sneak back and tell Torstein.
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>1742314
sneak back and tell torstein
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>1742314
>>
Rolled 69, 26 = 95 (2d100)

>>1742314
Pick off one group
>>
Looks like we want to sneak away and tattle. Did we want to leave someone to keep an eye on them? Erik is the only one that doesn't take a penalty to stealth, but he's also going to be the worst in a fight he's out numbered in, if it comes to it.
>>
>>1742354
Nah, one man would get completely fucked by ten
>>
>>1742354
Send only Knut back. Everyone else stay low and have weapons ready.
>>
>>1742354
screw it, just take everyone.
They're camped so they shouldn't have reason to move, just erase our tracks as best we can.
probably not neccesary what with it being night but just to be safe.
>>
>>1742354
Take everyone with us
>>
And, now Drive's being fucky. Gonna finish this update in the morning I hope. Thanks for playing today, guys.

I apologize, I was hoping to get a whole lot more than this done. The QM curse is real, however, and strikes me more often than others it seems, but much more softly.
>>
>>1742518
It's ok QM. I'm just glad the quest in back.
>>
File: Amund.jpg (461KB, 807x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Amund.jpg
461KB, 807x1024px
You let out a low whistle to catch the attention of your friends, then motion back the way you came. The four of you slowly walk out, speaking only when you’re well out of range.

“We need to let Torstein know about this,” you say, looking between your comrades. “This might not be the only patrol we see, and he should be aware.”

“I hate to admit it, but you’re right,” Anders says, grinding his teeth. “Even if we could take all eight, and there’s no promise about that, we’d never catch them all if they decided to scatter.”

“No, this is the right thing to do,” Erik says. “Harold never told us what to do if we found anything, but I assume taking a risk to fuck it all up isn’t what they want out of us.”

“Let’s get going, then,” Knut says, quickly before breaking into a jog towards the coastline. The rest of you look to each other before rushing to catch up.

About an hour later, you end up in camp, breathless and covered in sweat. You don’t slow down, however, before you reach Torstein’s personal tent. You catch him just as he’s stepping outside, speaking with an older man. He looks surprised to see you.

“Haskell, boys, what is it,” he asks after taking a moment to gather his confusion. “Is evertying okay?”

“Eight men,” you gasp, putting your hands on your knees while you resist the urge to vomit. “Armed for a fight, setting up camp. War paint,” you can’t continue. You need to catch your breath.

“Wait here, I’ll talk to my captains and decide what to do,” he says to you as he turns back into his tent. “And someone get these boys some water!”, he shouts, poking his head back out.

About twenty minutes and half a gallon of water later, Torstien steps back out, and four men follow him. They’re dressed for a fight, two in chainmail and all with an assortment of weapons.

“This is Amund,” Torstien says, nodding to the meanest looking of the men. “He and his squad been tasked with taking out the patrol. I’d like it if you could go with them, but I understand if you don’t think you’re up for a fight after that run.”

>We’re up for it
>We’d rather just tell you where to find them
>Write-in
>>
>>1742434
woo it's been a while since I made a live one
>We’re up for it
>>
>>1743986
>>We’re up for it
>>
>>1743986
>>We’re up for it
>>
>>1743986
>We’re up for it
>>
>>1743986
> "We're up for it, of course. The Irlandsk won't know what hit them."
>>
>>1743986
>>We’re up for it
>>
>>1743986
>>We’re up for it
>>
“Well, let’s get going, then,” the grizzled raider says, tightening his belt around his chainmail. “We should get there before dark.

The walk takes longer than your original trek there, with all the lacking of the zig zagging, but is thankfully less exhausting than the run you made back.

Still, the sun has nearly set when you arrive around the clearing. You’re about a hundred yards from the edge of the trees, just close enough to see a fire and hear faint voices. You can’t make out numbers through the brush, but it’s been several hours, and there’s not really any reason to suspect that the three men that left haven’t returned.

“Alright boys,” Amund growls, a little louder than you would have liked. “My men and I are going to circle around the camp, using cover to hide ourselves. I want the four of you to go make contact, it’ll likely start a fight. We’ll be surrounding if they try to run, or if things start to turn against you. Any questions?”

>Yes (what?)
>No (Plan of action, rolls to follow)
>You’re fucking crazy, we’re not getting outnumbered two to one
>Write-in
>>
>>1751379
>>No (Plan of action, rolls to follow)
We'll get as close to them as possible in the thick brush, have a throwing axe signal the attack, and rely on shock and awe to win the battle.

If there are patrols sent out, we'll try to hit one, but the priority is to surprise them
>>
>>1752008
This sounds good, but lets have all our brothers have a good throw or shot lined up. Putting the bastards on a back foot out the gate will be good.
>>
>>1752187
Anders nor Knut carry dedicated ranged weapons. Knut could throw his spear, but it's unlikely he would regain it until the fight's over. You have three throwing axes, and Erik has five throwing daggers, however.
>>
>>1752291
Those goons. Lend each of 'em an axe. Starting this out with a shock is going to be important.
>>
>>1752008
>>1752187
>>1752580
Supporting.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.