[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Song of Water and Blood: House Yvaront Quest | Chapter One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Looking Lake.jpg (507KB, 1080x572px) Image search: [Google]
Looking Lake.jpg
507KB, 1080x572px
House Yvaront is sworn to House Frey. Currently Yvaront is weak, only a modest amount of land, and the only knightly swords loyal to Yvaront being three sons and their father. Not that the Yvaront household has excelled much higher than it’s current status since it’s formation. But in many ways they have never been lower with nowhere to go but up. The year is 285AC, two years after Robert’s Rebellion. It’s been one year since the last Lord Yvaront died.

House Yvaront is family of nobles and knights in the stories of the ASOIAF. Set in the Riverlands as an ambitious and old house that must forge their way into greatness and the histories of Westeros. And they have been given the chance in the years following rebellion.
>>
The Seven Seafarers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzl1KEI2-dU

The ridge of Soldier pines behind Andras’ troop were outlined by the bright blue-gray sky.
“An hour’s walk to the Rayne Tower from here.” Franklyn said walking his horse to the left of where Andras was mounted on Triumph looking down to the fishing village called Cess.
A dozen thatched buildings huddled at the shore of the Bite, four docks and a little inn. “And then the watchman must ride another league to Fyre More.” Dalton said reigning up to the right he looked across his elder brother to his twin and smiled. “You think they’ll be get here in time to see us off?” Andras snickered with his younger brothers and adjust the sword belt at his waist. “We’ll have finished at that point.”

They had been in the lands of House Fyre since before dawn. Moving from farm to farm collecting taxes and farm yield from Fyre peasants. Andras was even able to convince the farmers to carry the harvest for them to Coop back in Yvaront land. The biggest objection after Andras talked to them was that he usually “-gave milady Fyre’s men me barley crop. ” They just took both the barley and the onions.

Ardras wheeled around to where his group of four and thirty Yvaront smallfolk stood. He had helped train the lot with his father and brothers back home and arm them each with fire-hardened spears, and crude shields of woven branches. Seven men mounted on rounseys and in oddments of rusted mail and helm from the Yvaront armory and carrying long axes and boar spears. Andras was faithful that the people in Cess wouldn’t put up much resistance, but a show of power went a long way he was told.

A question of “How is everyone” brought a few replies of “Good Ser.” and “Ready to fight, Ser Andras.” and a “Fine, Lord Andras. I never been to Cess before!” from Bowen.

“Good, good. Let’s get this done.” What his twin brothers had said did give Andras some pause, the trails and roads between here and the Fyre household were many, twisting and hilly, it would take them a while to get here. But they posed a problem as well. A incoming force could take any number of those and then they’d be right on top of us.

“Dake!”

>[]Send the mounted men to the south to watch the roads for any Fyre men
>[]Bring the seven horsemen into town.
>>
>>1726903
>>
>>1726883
I can't tell if you're trying to reboot this or you're just stealing the title.
>>
>>1727099
>Water and Blood

Heh to be honest I have different name but changed it at the last minute to that. I'm not married to it.
>>
>>1726903
>>[]Send the mounted men to the south to watch the roads for any Fyre men
>>
>>1726903
>>[]Send the mounted men to the south to watch the roads for any Fyre men
>>
>>1726903
>>
File: Dalton and Franklyn.jpg (163KB, 850x601px) Image search: [Google]
Dalton and Franklyn.jpg
163KB, 850x601px
>Send them off.

Dake Stone was rather simple of speech and often let his mouth hang open and so drooled into his beard but he had certain talents and lead his men well. “Cover those roads to the south and make sure we know when they come riding up.”

“Yuh lud. Wan kill them come from Cess?”

Andras turned and exchanged a look with his brothers and grinned. “No let them bring the Fyre boys.”

Stone whirled his rounsey and kicked it into a gallop. “Come on! Get on those goddam trails!” The six other horses were quick on his heels hooting and whooping war cries.

“The rest move down into the village and take it for Yvaront.” Andras called out to the spearmen. The men called back with cries of “Yvaront!” and “Riverlands!”. They moved forward loosely in formation.

Franklyn and Dalton joined Andras in following behind the column at a leisurely trot. “It would be wonderful to see the looks on those Fyre lad’s faces when they hear what we’ve been up to!” Dalton said laughing.

Andras’ twin younger brothers were both tall and long of limb and long of hair, their wild brown curls tamed underneath mail and helm but beards remained free. At seven and ten the twins both tower over all others including their older brother, everyone except Big Jake Stone.

Franklyn looked forward at Cess village. “We are gonna see their ugly faces. You think they’ll just allow us to come and take over their fields and villages without a fight?”

Andras looked to the south roads where the seven riders had already melted into the forest. The eldest brother wore his dark curls tied tight behind his head and kept his beard trimmed short around his mouth. Andras was strong and skill at arms came easy to him, he had been granted his spurs and knighthood at eight and ten, a year earlier while squiring in Nayland. “You believe we can hold off those Fyres?” Andras asked to either sibling.

“Hmm, we wouldn’t have to hold the lands. If we come away with our prizes we’ll have enough to purchase arms for our smallfolk or hire on sellswords. Then we take them, and keep them.” Dalton watched as the first spearmen and made it to the buildings.

“Bugger that.” Franklyn spat to the south “We give them time to get ready for us and we’ll take away our own advantage. We send them back to the Fyre More with a few wounds today and they’ll think twice at coming back tomorrow.” Dalton nodded in assent. Andras had command today and considered what he would have the House do.

>[]Await the House Fyre men in Cess and confront them
>[]Collect of payment from the village and leave
>>
>>1728822
>[]Await the House Fyre men in Cess and confront them
>>
>>1728822
>>[]Await the House Fyre men in Cess and confront them
>>
>Await the House Fyre men in Cess and confront them

The Fyres are vulnerable with the only old Lord and Lady Fyre’s young daughter as the heir. “I think we’ll stay and show a few Fyres how things will be from now on. No rush to leave after we collect our portion of Cess.” Andras spurred forward on his rounsey forward into the muddy path between the houses. He easily towered over the people of Cess ahorse, and one young child gaped up at him from one doorway. Other people had come out already, and a few here or there had begun bringing their tithings. The arms men had been at it all day and were able to say the command for tax themselves. In the center of town a few villagers had gathered in front of the inn and seemed to be confronting a group of spearmen.

The spearmen were trying their best to be persuasive but a grey haired man in a leather apron and a short smiling man were remaining steadfast, seemingly leading the group opposition.

"We are collecting the taxes you owe to the lord."

“The Fyre are lords o'er these lands.” The smiling man said "You lot don’t hold sway here.”

"M'lords made us all his sworn swords... We got authority to bring you to justice of disobeying the laws." Wally grumbled.

"Sworn swords?" The short man cackled. "Don't see no swords here just a bunch of up jumped field hands with sharpened sticks!"

Wally cursed and brandished his weapon. Another spearman made to join him.

"Calm down now, Wally." Andras ordered with a easy smile. Wally gave the villagers a dirty look before moving away with the group of spearmen.

Andras introduced himself and explained to the gathered crowd that their village had been granted to House Yvaront as a part of the lands taken from House Fyre for the side they supported during the Rebellion.

“Begging your pardon milord, we didn't mean to be disobeying the law,” the grey hair said to the hooves of Andras' horse as he bowed over. “t'was just unexpected, is all.”

“Aye it was unexpected,” the smiling man said “My sister is at Fyre More as a maid. She’d have told us about this. Seems to me the only ones outside the law here is you Riverlander.”

Andras felt a flash of anger, Franklyn and Dalton made to draw their longswords. Andas waved them down and looked back to the innkeep standing in the mud at the front of a crowd. The man seemed to run the inn, and he had a perpetually insolent smirk on his face.

>[]Intimidate the stubborn man into cooperation Roll 1d6+4 (DC 8)
>[]Convince him of the lie. Roll 1d6+1 (DC 4)
>[]Slay the man yourself for the insult
>[]Have the man grabbed for a maiming to teach him some meekness
>[]Arrest the innkeep and bring him with you
>>
Rolled 2 + 4 (1d6 + 4)

>>1729521
>>[]Intimidate the stubborn man into cooperation Roll 1d6+4 (DC 8)
>>
Rolled 1 + 4 (1d6 + 4)

>>1729592
This
>>
>[x]Intimidate the stubborn man into cooperation
>>1729592
>Failure!

"I am a knight. And I am sworn to you're new lord. I am the only law you need worry your head about. You may very well loose that head if you're not careful. Come now, all of you there's nothing to fear if you have any loyalty to your new House."

"No we are loyal to our true masters. To the Fyres!" The short man jabbed a finger at you and looked at the gathered spears "You're nothing but a robber. If you're not careful our Lady Katlin's men will come and take all your heads!"

The other villagers of Cess seemed to have been for the most part cowed. Some slipping away back to their homes others muttering telling the grey hair and the small man just to back down. Andras' spears were getting agitated.

"You won't insult my brother's honor innkeep. He speaks boldly but that won't save his life." Franklyn had dismounted and was coming toward the inn with bared steel. "Step forth anyone who would stand with this fool."

The rest of the crowd scattered, except for the grey beard, the short man and two young men who could be the grey beard's sons. The innkeep didn't show a whit of fear if he felt any at all.

>[] Put an end to this and order your brother back on his horse.
>[] Join Franklyn and fight this stubborn fool.
>[] Order the spearmen to take these trouble makers. Arrest them.
>[] Write in (Is always an option!)
>>
>>1729823
>>[] Join Franklyn and fight this stubborn fool.
>>
>>1729823
>[X] Order the spearmen to take these trouble makers. Arrest them.
Starting with murder is a bad start, but this can't be allowed to stand.
>>
>>1729874
>>1730571
Gonna need a tie breaker. Or one change their vote!
>>
>>1729823
>>
>>1729823
>>
>>1729823
>[] Put an end to this and order your brother back on his horse.
A smart man knows when he's lost. Being smart sounds like a good plan.
>>
This reads kind of weird. I'm not sure what's going on.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.