[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Ab879um.jpg (7MB, 2880x8640px) Image search: [Google]
Ab879um.jpg
7MB, 2880x8640px
Hey there folks! Just throw up three votes for our race, and I'll give you some nice premises for our place and circumstances.
>>
>>1723173
Troglodyte master race
>>
>>1723194
This is an easy one to make a premise for. Primitive Trog Tribe emerges, either in a crevice in the Underdark, or in a small surface cave. The tribe sets about raiding, looting, and swelling into a mighty Warband. Battles with local forces for dominion, with the Chieftain, constantly battling with challenges to maintain dominance.

Could be good fun for a low-fantasy, hard-mode civilization, trying to survive harsh conditions while being attacked on all sides.
>>
File: BigBeautifulWall.jpg (140KB, 1024x595px) Image search: [Google]
BigBeautifulWall.jpg
140KB, 1024x595px
>>1723194

Voting for Cyclops. Something about Cyclopean architecture gets me going. Bonus points for sneaking Lovecraftian elements into Cyclops's origin...
>>
>>1723173
undead pls
>>
>>1723206
I always find the most fun way to take Cyclops is as their own society, in the model of the Myceneans who they later came to be identified as the builders of. Either as a tribe living in the mountains surrounded by their enslaved brethren, forced to construct great fortifications for the early Greeks, or as those proto-greeks themselves, building their own fortresses and enslaving local humans. Lovecraftian elements could be incorporated into either, Slaves tending to make strange bedfellows, and the avarice of mountaintop lords easily driving them to vice and corruption.

>>1723209
If you'd care to be more specific, I could certainly try to work something out.

Do you want vampires? A skeleton horde? A necromancer outcast?
>>
>>1723173
I'm gonna go with Myceloid
>>
>>1723211

Maybe have the bulk of the Cyclops species function as a servitor race for some the withered corpse of some antediluvian god-thing, with a break-away faction of rebels controlled by the player? Alternatively, you could just have the servitor race of cyclops and then let the player take on the role of the atrophied monstrosity controlling/commanding them?
>>
>>1723213
Myceloids can be good fun. How would you prefer to take them? Experiments gone wrong, or natural creatures?

If science gone wrong, then they can be fun to play as an expanding semi-hivemind, in the sewers of some great city, or slowly overwhelming the countryside around a wizard's tower.

If natural, they can build a niche for themselves in a brutal tropical environment, trading with other sentient creatures and living alongside nature.
>>
>>1723226
Oh I like the urban overtaking way more. In a Warhammer Battle way, creating weird cults to enroll humans so they can be used as food for the younglings.
>>
File: oh shit boi.jpg (425KB, 740x946px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit boi.jpg
425KB, 740x946px
>>1723211
Man, I'm new to this and am at work for 30 more minutes. Disregard my undead post. I'll just lurk and learn.
>>
>>1723224
I'm not sure about that. I'm not much for Lovecraft, and I prefer my gods distant and hidden, rather than rotting to death in a monstrous fashion.

We're going to need to come to a conclusion. We have a lot of ideas, but I'll need three players to vote for one Idea to move forward.
>>
>>1723232
No worries lad, just trying to make things interesting!
>>
>>1723234

> I prefer my gods distant and hidden

That's fine too. You sound like you know your stuff, so I look forward to seeing your thread pans out...
>>
Well, we still need two more votes for any of these ideas.
>>
>>1723256

Ehh...

I'll change my vote from Cyclops to Mushroom...
>>
>>1723260
Heck yes man

Mushrooms for life
>>
These thread usually go for a long time?
>>
>>1723270

Civ threads usually get bogged down by voting stalemates that don't break and then get abandoned...
>>
>>1723281
Working tommorow 4-12

hope there will be a civ thread then
>>
>>1723281
Just use dice to break ties, one problem solved

Going to put a vote in for the mushroom man, don't want it to take forever to choose civ
>>
OP? Are you still there?
>>
>>1723314
I'll never get my sweet mushrooms
>>
The trapdoor swings open with a dull, wet thud, and instantly the young boy splutters and coughs, taken aback by the sweltering, viscous heat and scent of mould emanating from the basement. He can see nothing below him, but he is heard. Deep below, festering in twin manure pits burrowed into the walls of this buried laboratory lie two growing, swelling creatures. Their eyes, crusted close, now open, scenting nutrients. The fungal oozes hurl themselves out from their pits, displacing the mat of mycelium coating the floor, before grasping, with tight, net-like pseudopods, the boy. He does not have time to scream before he is pulled into the pits, and the spore grows. A week later, and the twin oozes have split into four, then eight, then sixteen, until sixteen myconid forms implant themselves in the matted spore-growth of the damp, cobbled walls.

Perhaps each the size of their first quarry, three or four feet in height from the strange, trunk-like legs that bear them to the black flecked caps that cover their heads. The small cellar-laboratory is no longer large enough for the spore, and so the myconids are released from the mycelium nets, their eyes flashing like points of black crystal. They are ravenous, and their new sinews ripple with strength. The house above them is still sealed, and the depths of the sewage pits connect into a deeper chamber. The nets of mushroom must spread, they must find nutrients, and must find fresh moisture.

>What will the sixteen myconids, assembled together in the depths of an infested cellar-laboratory, do to feed the hive?
>>
>>1723453
We were born from the experiments, we must now free ourselves from this basement, too small for our future brothers.
The sewers will do for now. Well will find many rats there and maybe lost humans to make fertile. We shall prosper underground before taking over the land.
>>
>>1723453

> Expand into the sewers.
>>
>What will the sixteen myconids, assembled together in the depths of an infested cellar-laboratory, do to feed the hive?

We will get organic matter, preferably animals or creatures that are rich in nutrients. Dogs, cats, rats and perhaps another child or a homeless beggar.
- Scout for organic matter / traces of civilization
>>
>>1723453
Its been 3 hours, OP is dead. May the myconids absorb his biomass.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.