[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AQUANAUTS: Act One (Part One)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 3

File: 8-22~2.jpg (151KB, 1440x774px) Image search: [Google]
8-22~2.jpg
151KB, 1440x774px
AQUANAUTS: Act 1 (Part 1)
(PLAYER LIMIT 9)

This is a quest that relies heavily on teamwork and communication. The rules will be explained below.

Story:
The year is 1976 and two years ago, something was found on the ocean floor. The structure seemed to come from nowhere and was only discovered because of a high pitched "ping" it emits frequently that was picked up by passive sonar systems. Upon discovery of the alien structure, the major governments of the world decided to work together to study "The Anomaly". The next two years were spent training specialized individuals who would use newfound technology to study, and identify "The Anomaly" while placed in a deep sea habitat placed relatively close to The Anomaly. Thus the Aquanauts were born.

You are part of the first wave of the Aquanauts.

Here is a pastebin detailing what you will need to create your character, as well as how to use the system that we will be implementing in this Quest.
http://pastebin.com/PG6SQwG1

We will begin the actual game once all 9 slots have been filed. It is first come first serve, and there are only a certain amount of each class avalible, so act fast. I apologize in advance to those that do not make it in. There will be other oppertunities, I assure you.

Thank you for participating in:
Aquanauts Act 1 (pt 1)

Questions welcomed.
>>
>>172235
Name: Lewis
Class: Mechanic
Country of Origin: USA
Personality: Big nationalist, not good with others, bit paranoid, pretty smart, tight temper
Minor Backstory: Worked in Antarctica for a few years, manning a small base nearly alone. Then worked on the space station for a few years. Chosen for this because he has experience with little social interaction.
>>
>>172235
Name: Zhenya (Bobby) Samandrov
Class: Operator
Country of Origin: Ukraine
Personality: Stubborn, mission-oriented, calm, wary.
Minor Backstory: As a child grew up fishing and swimming in Black Sea and eventually started deep sea diving. Worked maintaining underwater pipelines and deep sea oil rigs off the coast of Africa and Australia. Chosen for his experience in deep sea underwater environments.
>>
>>172235
Name: Lewis
Class: soldier
Country of orgin: USA
Personality: easy going, takes charge in bad situations, social
Minor backstory: Served in the U.S military for 5 years before being picked up by special force's for another 3. He was chosen for this because of his skill for under water operations.
>>
>>172323
>>172370
oh man two Lewis' this will be neat.

also adding a trip in case i switch computers.
>>
>>172323
>>172370
Add a last name to avoid confusion.

>>172388
That is understandable. Thank you
>>
>>172370
>>172388
My bad didn't see you were called lewis also. I'll change my name since you posted first.
>>
>>172392
Good problem solving!
>>
>>172392
>>172394
aw man I was hoping for in thread drama
"Lewis attack that squid!"
"W-what I'm just an engineer!"
>>
>>172397
Come to think of it, that would be kind of funny. It's up to you Lewis' to decide if you want that though.
>>
>>172389
I'm Nicklas Lewis.
>>
Update:

QM Here. I changed networks without noticing so I'll be working under this ID.

Also, if we can at least get a Captain and one other player secured, we can get things rolling with less than a full team if you all wanted to do so.

Thanks,
Weiss.
>>
>>172425
I hope to start soon.
>>
>>172432
As do I. I was expecting slightly more traffic. We will begin soon as we obtain a captain.
>>
>>172235

OP, this is a great idea but getting 9 active players will be borderline impossible. /qst/ is really small right now.

Best of luck though, you should prove me wrong
>>
So... No one wants to be captain then?
>>
>>172437
You raise a fair point. I was thinking too ambitiously for the small board.

Shall we begin and hope more people join in later?
Or would it be best to post a new thread?
>>
>>172323
>>172351
>>172370

Would the three of you like to get started on a new, less cluttered thread, or proceed on this one?

I would like to begin.
>>
>>172457
Go ask /tg/ if they want to play and link here.
We don't need a new thread.
>>
>>172457
im willing to start now.
>>
>>172457
It's up to you if you feel like we'd be able to start now.
>>172464
However I think this might bring some people.
>>
>>172464
>>172466
>>172470

We have enough core pieces to start, so I'm comfortable to get started while we see if /tg/ brings in more players.
>>
>>172235
>>172235
Name: Harry
Class: Chemist
Country of Origin: UK
Personality: Kind-hearted, Coward, Tends to defer to authority in all but the most dire circumstances
Minor Backstory: As a child, he always dreamed of being able to make some fantastic discovery that would improve people's lives. Was chosen for being fairly outstanding in his field.
>>
Room for one more?
>>
>>172489
We do need a captain at the moment
>>
>>172489
Yes we do need a captain.
>>
Name: Brad Weissmann
Class: Captain
Country of Origin: Germany
Personality: Generous and friendly as well as brave, Social. Smart.
Minor Backstory: Was in Germany army before the Navy.
>>
Name: Henry McGuiness
Country of Origin:Ireland
Personality: Stern,yet humorous
Minor Backstory: Henry served in the Irish military. He was a REMF. He's 43 and feels great. He feels honored to be an Aquanaut.
>>
>>172508
Beat you to it by 6 seconds. Sorry man. You'll need to change class.
>>172510
>>
>>172508
>>172510
PANIC
>>
>>172513
Damn. GG M8

Name: Henry McGuiness
Class: Operator
Country of Origin: USA
Personality: Patriot. Loves adrenaline.
Minor Backstory: Ex-SEAL. Lives for the possibility of death.
>>
Name: Gerardo Quintana
Country of Origin: Spain
Personality: Proud, Stern, Courageous to the point of self sacrifice.
Minor Backstory: Lived his childhood as a fisherman in the almadraba, but signed up for the Nationalist Navy when the civil war broke out. He has worked his way up to the rank of frigate captain for his service aboard various submarines.
>>
>>172534
Sorry friend, we already have a captain, but are in need of a communicator or biolgist if youd want to change.
>>
>>172508
Aww shit, I shouldn't have spent all that time on the backstory.
>>
>>172534
Just keep the same character but different class.
>>172508
>I'm lead by a Kraut
>>
>>172508
>>172486
>>172323
>>172351
>>172370
>>172526

Alright, I'd say that's sufficient, let us begin.

It has been a month since you arivied at the habitat. You have been spending the time getting used to the living space, equipment, as well your fellow Aquanauts. However the rest period is over and today marks the scheduled start of field operations.

Day 1:

The six of you are sitting at the conference table in the main room of the Habitat. Preparing your course of action for the day. You have the options of deciding as a group to investigate The Anomaly otself or the Surrounding area today.

The habitat itself is comprised of the following areas which you may visit:
Conference Room
Deployment Center
Med Bay
Reaserch Facility
Living Quarters
Combat and Communications Hub

There are 5 hours until operators leave the Habitat.

You may discuss plans until then.

Dialogue Phase~
>>
>>172557
Got a problem mate?
>>
>>172235
Class: biologist
Name: Dr. MacOlaf
Country of Origin: Scotland
Personality: Generally quiet, but is quick to show his heritage when threatened.
Minor Backstory: born to a secluded Scottish tribe, he later found his way to the bigger cities and learned biology.
>>
>>172568
Add these guys.
>>172572
>>172534
But have the Spaniard change class.
>>
>>172568
Darn.
>>
>>172572
You enter the conference room with the others
>>172568
>>
>>172568
To Doc. Eh... sup doc?
>>
>>172584
Er. The ceiling? Are you well?
>>
Name: Hisakawa Chie
Class: Biologist
Country of Origin: Japan
Personality: Timid, Antisocial, Uncomfortbale around Americans
Minor Backstory: Extensive studies on whales and large marine creatures and their vocalizations. Experiences during wartime japan has made her fear americans.

>>172548
>>172557
Im just going to call dibs if we ever need another capaitn.
>>
>>172568
I think it would be best if comrade Henry and I surveyed surrounding area, anybody think different to this?
>>
>>172568
Alright guys, We have a decision to make..

1. We start investigating the anomaly straight away.

or

2. We investigate the area surrounding. Get a layout of the land beforehand incase things get out of hand
>>
>>172572
>>172599
SHIT AGAIN?!
welp time to make a new person
>>
>>172599
be communicator thats what we need now.
>>
>>172601
I personally think we should investigate the surrounding area. Maybe get some spare Oxygen tanks there and maybe a weapon. Then we can start with the "thing"
>>
>>172595
@doc. Eh.
>>
>>172609
Stay a waifu.
We need one.
>>
>>172599
I'm so sorry friend in the time it took you to change your class and backstory we already got a biologist.

We still require a communicator, if you are intersted.
>>
>>172613
@Cap. I'm not paid enough to think. I'm cool with whatever.
>>
4 Hours Until Scheduled Operations
>>
>>172601
To Capt. Brad: I believ that there's much we could learn from the area surrounding the anomaly.
>>
>>172613
Sounds like a decent plan. Some of these sea beasts can get rather nasty. I remember this one time a narwhal...er, I'm rambling aren't I?
>>
>>172635
To Harry: Exactly my point.

To all: So two votes on Surrounding area..
>>
>>172625
Where can I get some peanut butter? You all know I need my peanut butter before I leave The Habitat.
>>
>>172601
I say we investigate the anomaly right away so we can learn what were dealing with.
>>
>>172640
*to capt
>>
>>172643
I vote on surrounding area as well, commandant.
>>
3 and a half hours until scheduled operations.
>>
Alright we have a majority for investigating the surrounding area.
>>
I'm fine with anything if it doesn't involve me.
>>
>>172568
To Lewises: we need a way of telling you two apart
>>
>>172640
Go on. Sounds like a great story doc. Reminds me of that time I was in Africa taking down a warlord and a cheetah tried getting me. He makes a great bathrobe.
>>
Is mission strictly survey. Or do comrade Henry and I need to bring speargun to capture dead specimen for Doctor.
>>
>>172662
Call the other one Lewis 2. I was drafted first.
>>
>>172662
@doc. Cut off one of their ears. Worked in Harry Potter.
>>
2 hours until scheduled operations.
>>
>>172662
>>172667
Lewis 2 name is actually Comrade Oscar.
>>
>>172662
I changed my name to oscar. Im the security guard.
>>
>>172674
To Oscar: You mean soldier
>>
>>172664
To henry: All right then. Well, this narwhal seemed to come out of nowhere. Had probably dived before striking the ship. Now this was an ironclad, you'd think it could take whatever the beast had to dish out. As it happened the first strike shook the whole boat.
>>
>>172688
@Doc.Did you shoot it after that?
>>
1 hour until scheduled operations.
>>
>>172693
Not at all. We thought it hadn't done any harm. When the second strike hit the sound of tearing metal scared everyone, except of course the captain, anyways we were taking on water and the nearest shore was iced over at least a thousand feet out.
>>172708
Remind me to finish this story later, I need to get my equipment ready.
>>
>>172708
da so commandant anything you want operator to look for while we survey?
>>
Class: Communications
Name: Wu Yin Tao
Country of Origin: Peoples Republic of China
Personality: Hot headed and impatient.
Minor Backstory: Though he was proved to be instrumental when setting up the national telephone survice, his real point of expertise is the field of telecommunications.
>>
>>172654
It is time for scheduled operations.

Captain Brad, what are your orders?
>>
>>172735
Looks like i got here just in time.
>>
>>172731
You enter the conference room with the others.
(good job)
>>
Gtg. In class
>>
>>172728
Bobby. You are the only remaining operator at this time.
>>
>>172735
We send out operators to investigate surrounds
>>
>>172749
is fine.

>>172761
affirmative commandant.

suiting up.
>>
>>172739
This orange asshole asks Wu: who's this yellow asshole!
>>
>>172761
Decision phase-
The Now 5 of you are now free to move to your respective positions and proceed with operations.

You may now make Actions.

For the sake of movement, you needn't roll to get where you're going inside the Habitat. Just say so.

Now you are all granted 2 actions before we advance the plot.

Proceed.
>>
>>172772
As in, MacOlaf is a ginger, not as in, super tan.
>>
>>172780
I prepare my lab, this probably takes quite a while.
>>
>>172780
Just familiarize myself with the equipment that I'm using some more.
Wanna make sure I'm ready when I need to repair shit.
>>
>>172780
Head to the Research Facility and then
>Observe Research Facility
>>
>>172780
Make my way to where the aqua bots are located.
Then I'll take control of one and have it a company the operators
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

Communications hub

Gather snacks
>>
>>172780
Head to Combat and Communications to make sure comms are good and to pick up a weapon in case of emergency.
>If I can only do one of those actions than make sure comms are good
Then head to Deployment and suit up.
>>
>>172815
Er, captain, did you write that on your name tag?
>>
I get some peanut butter and eat it. Then I prepare for leaving the Habitat
>>
>>172780
I start setting up a CCTV system across the station
and set up communications with the surface.

>>172772
@MacOlaf
Someone who isn't blowing bags and pipes every day
>>
>>172827
Yes of course i did
>>
Rolled 26, 56 = 82 (2d100)

>>172839
let me roll for both of those
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>172839
>>172791
>>172780
I've figured out my second action. I play my bagpipes.
>>
>>172856
I'm actually really good at this. It doesn't sound terrible because I know what I'm doing.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>172810
>>
>>172791
You begin to prepare your lab within the reaserch facility, everything is in working order and you are completely ready for analysis by the time field operations begin.

>>172792
You find yourself very familiar with all of these tools and you find that you're very well equipped to deal with any technical situation that may arise.

>>172797
You Observe the reaserch facility and find it is devided neatly in half into workspaces designed for chemical and biologcial reaserch respectively. There are closets and drawers filled with beakers, dishes, and tools of all kinds. There are also rudimentary chemicals strewn about for use. There is a radiation scanner as well as a computer to log findings. The ceiling is a low glass dome that stares into the black water outside.

>>172810
You sieze control of a standard, low power Aqua Drone equiped with a single air powered harpoon cannon, loaded with 6 shots. It is the only one you control at the moment because it is the only one charged. Unfortunately, the drones lights and radar systems are both highly damaged and currently unuseable.

>>172815
You successfully gather a large bag of Potato Chips, a tall glass of water, and a bag of candy.

>>172825
The technology of communications is out of your grasp but you can tell nothing seems to be broken.

You suit up in your standard issue Deployment Suit. The suit is large, and bulky, designed with two oxegyn tanks that feed directly into the glass dome helmet. The right hand has been replaced with a small two armed prong for the handling delecate things, where as the left hand remains normal. However, under the left arm is a small retractable harpoon launcher which you may fire at the expense of your oxegyn. It looks like an odd mix between space suit and divers garb. You are ready to suit up.
>>
>>172864
FUCK YEAH
"FUCKING CANDY NIGGUHS" I scream on the comms
>>
>>172856
>>172858
>>172864
I play the bagpipes.
>>
>>172879
Over the nonfunctional comms
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>172864
I guess I can't cheeki breeki forever suit up while praying to the drowned gods.
>>
>>172864
Alrighty then, Action 1(Or 2 if Observing counts as an action):
>Tidy up and organize the chemicals that are strewn about
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>172885
Forgot my roll
>>
>>172881
Nah, just normal play the bagpipes.
>>
>>172839
You successfully set up an internal coms and CCTV system within the habitat, surface communications, however, fail to be established at this time. You are still the only one who can relay information the crew to operators and vice versa.

>>172879
You play the bagpipes in a glorious tune that raises team morale.
>>
>>172897
Nice Doc. MacOlaf
Bagpipes for the win
>>
>>172864
Observe the room I am currently in.

While the other operator is suiting up quickly find lewis and tell him once the survey is completed a aqua bot will need to be repaired.
>>
>>172882
You clamber into your suit and the lock systems begin to initiate, preparing the Floodgates for opening. You are ready to leave the habitat and have stable comms with your communicator.

>>172885
You organize all of the chemicals at your disposal and find basic household cleaning products, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, and various acids and bases.

>>172908
The Comms and Combat Hub is a very circular, dome like room covered wall to wall in various screens. Much like the Research Facility, it is drvided evenly between the two subjects and is shared by its operators. The control panel in front of you resembles a flight simulators controls, with adjustments for lateral movement of the drones.

You tell Lewis this news.
>>
>>172916
I go to work on all bots.
I'll do this for the next few turns, until they're all in perfect condition.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

Grab purple drank from my quarters. then I'm ready
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>172916
Observe the CCTV to make sure no one is fucking shit up and smack the commander for abusing the PR system

Rolling to smack
>>
>>172924
You find your ceremonial cup of purple drank complete with intricate silly straw.
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>172920
>>
>>172916
Check my pistol, afterwards settle in untill the operators head out to do their misson
>>
>>172934
You realize that working on All drones would tire you out, but you are able to make sure at least 50% of all drones are in optimal condition over the next few turns.
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>172916
Open Floodgates, observe surroundings once I exit the Habitat.

cheeki breeki.
>>
>>172940
Be sure to bring me that specimen (monster), Bobby.
>>
>>172954
da, affirmative Doctor.
>>
>>172940
I just saw this. It's the rule 34 beast. We're doomed.
>>
>>173042
Quick do we have any japanese females Doctor!!!!
>>
>>173060
The closest thing we have is a Chinese male.
>>
>>173080
Gah!
>>
The operator opens the floodgates:

>>172954
He does not here you. He can only hear the Communicator.

>>172940
As You open The Floodgates, water pours into The room.
You step out into the blackness that is the water around you, turn on your incredibly powerful headlights, providing the only source of light, your movements are slow, cumbersome, and heavy. You stop and you look around.

Upon observing the surroundings, you can see only what is infront of your lights, as the water has the color of the darkest of inks. The sand you kick up as you step is a stark contrasting white. Several black rocks also protrude from the sand in the area. You see no sea creatures. However, about 15 feet out in front of you, you see the Anomaly. You are the first person to ever see the structure in person. It's tall, jagged and angular yet somehow containing smooth surfaces throughout. The material it is made of looks as if its made of both the smoothest of obsidian and the roughest of Granite at the same time. However strangest of all... It looks to be moving slightly.

Take action: all players
>>
Apologies for delays, I'm balancing this with work.
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>173098
>Check over the radiation scanner to ensure it's working properly
>>
>>173098
Completely ignorant of this call of cthulu bullshit, I join Brad for a candy picnic.
>>
>>173098
i start recoding everything that bobby sees onto a high quality casette tape just in case he has to get out of there.
>>
>>173098
Look around with the bot to make sure nothing sneaks up on the operator.
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>173098
Ahh man. Shits moving.. Offer MacOlaf some purple drank
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>173098
Ask for the drone to be at least 5 feet in front or a little above me to illuminate the area a little more so it is easier to see the surroundings and also if anything tries to sneak up on me.

Move forward about 10 feet so we have enough room to back up if the Anomaly starts freaking out.

>>173114
>>173118
Also Doctor and Chemical man do you require samples of black rocks?
>>
>>173170
Unless the rocks are secretly barnacles, no. I'm a biologist.
>>
>>173138
To Wu: Could you ask Bobby to recover some samples of the sand and rocks near the marker, if it wouldn't be too much trouble?
>>
File: sketch-1464030040180.png (443KB, 1562x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1464030040180.png
443KB, 1562x1080px
>>173167
>>
>>173114
The Radiation Scanner is working nominally but you have nothing to scan.

>>173138
You begin to record the footage coming through the small headmounted camera on bobbys suit onto a cassette. The cassettes hold 40 minutes of footage at a time.

>>173146
You can only see what the operator has his lights pointed at as yours are broken on this Aqua Drone, however your sonar systems are online as well as audio detection.

>>173170
You tell this to the Communicator, and await for the information to reach them.

As you approach the Anomaly you begin to hear a faint buzzing sound as well as mild lightheadedness. The Anomaly does not directly react.

>>173186
You await a response from Wu
>>
>>173170
We need some samples of the rocks and the surrounding sand.
>>
>>173215
Activate the sonar then aim at anything I detect with the audio detector and the harpoon gun.
>>
>>173223
You Activate sonar and find you can pick up 3 signatures. The Anomaly, Bobby, amd something motionless sitting west of your drones position.
>>
>>173244
>>173215
Can I observe before I decide action?
>>
>>173256
Yes. You may observe at any time.
>>
>>173244
Inform bobby about the object and that I'llbe keeping an eye on it.
>>
>>173264
Ok I would like to observe surroundings in current surrounding location.
>>
>>173256
hey bobby there is something west of oscars drone, make sure you keep an eye out in that direction.
>>
>>173268
You wait for wu to tell this to bobby.

You focus your drone on the object in the dark. Your sensitive audio scanner is picking up the light buzzing of the Anomaly, and a faint sound air of bubbles coming from the spot you are focused on.
>>
>>173098
>Take action: all players
Qualitypost on /int, /pol/, and /biz/ with my middle of the ocean flag.
Us Atlanteans are great at economics and politics.
And whatever /int/ is about.
>>
>>173278
You still feel the lightheadedness and hear the light buzzing.

As you moved closer to the Anomaly you noticed it is much taller and much more dense than you once perceived. It is a twisting turning structure of abstract and foriegn otherworldly geometry that is almost a strange kind of beautiful way as it faintly glints off of your headlights. It appears to be moving slightly but you aren't sure how. The sand around the structure is also moving.

There is a large black surface facing you that looks unnaturally smooth. It is very reflective, you can see yourself in it.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>173320
>>173280
Wu, this Anomaly is unlike anything I have seen. (add description provided by OP). Also the lightheadedness and strange noise is still prevalent. Inform Oscar to keep tab on signature to the west

>>173320
Collect rock and sand samples as requested by Harry.
>>
>>173281
Tell wu to tell bobby that he should hurry up and get out of there, because I'm getting a bad feeling about this
>>
>>173332
You collect a small sample of sand as well as a medium sized slate black rock and place them in your suits holding compartment located in the chest of your suit.
>>
>>173338
The signature you're focused on moves slightly forward. Then stops.
>>
>>173332
how long do you think it will take for you to get out of there, oscar is getting some bad vibes from whatever is to the west

>>173179
Bobby is getting some lighheadedness and is hearing some strange noise, could you keep an eye on his vitals?
>>
>>173343
Yeah... you should start moving.now. The thing just moved.
Moving in to form a wall between bobby and the thing.
>>
>>173359
You move the drone to form a wall between the two and the signature does not react.
>>
>>173350
Check Bobby's vitals
>>
>>173332
OK bobby, that thing just moved forwards and stopped when you got those samples. Oscar is putting his drone between you and the thing but you should probably get out of there. The captain hasn't said anything so its basically your call.
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>173350
I will get out immediately, unless Capt. Brad or the Doctor require something else.

>>173340
Turn around and walk back to Floodgate unless the Captain says otherwise.
>>
>>173390
Its his call>>173396
>>
>>173396
captain just gave you the green light to get out of there.
>>
>>173420
Forget the captain, the *scotsman* is telling you to get the fuck out of there!
>>
>>173396
You begin walkimg to the floodgate. Thereare no complications.

>>173359
Once Bobby begins his walk back, the signature disapears faster than you can trace it.

>>173382
Vitals are normal, increased heart rate.
>>
>>173436
Guys it just disapeared get ready to help bobby if he gets injured.
I get closer to bobby and start scaning with my sonar
>>
>>173448
Your sonar only picks up the two signatures of the Anomaly, and Bobby.
>>
>>173396
ok bobby, that thing left, so no need to rush yourself.
>>
>>173448
To Oscar: Did you get a detailed cross section of that thing?
>>
>>173396
Bobby You sucsessfully reach the floodgates unharmed. What do you do?
>>
>>173466
I cant tell how something looks with just sonar doctor, so no.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>173475
I would like to take off the suit and take the samples to the chemist.

If it is possible as well, to ask Lewis the Mechanic to check on oxygen supply of suit, it might have simply been too much CO2 that caused the light-headedness.

(idk if you want me to roll so just doing it anyway)
>>
>>173502
Upon rentering the Habitat and sealing the Floodgates, you climb out of the suit, but sprain your ankle in the process.

Otherwise, you are fine. You take the samples back to the Doctor.

Dialogue Phase--

You are alowed to discuss freely for the next 4 in game hours before deciding wether or not to go on a sexond expenditure today, or wait until tomorrow.

You may begin conversation.
>>
>>173541
Alright doc, can you test his samples and find whats so important about this thing.
>>
>>173541
Survey did not go good today. Lights on drone need to be active to provide support.

We also know now we sit about 20 feet away from Anomaly.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>173541
Play haunting bagpipe refrain.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>173541
>>173561
To Bobby: Thanks for collecting the samples, Bobby.

>>173549
To Oscar: With any luck, we'll be able to learn something about the Anomaly by examining the samples taken from near it.

Can we take actions during Dialogue Phase? If so
>Examine the samples
>>
That shits moving

Doctor and biologists please examine the samples. Test acid and different compounds on it as well
>>
>>173586
Yes You are allowed. How would you like to examine?
>>
>>173502
>>173541
I check out the suit.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>173594
>>
>>173591
He's a chemist so I dare say he >>173586 just melted the samples
>>
>>173591
With the roll I just got, I can't imagine this will go well, but I suppose I'll use the Radiation Scanner.
>>
>>173586
oh geez. dasvedanya
>>
>>173613
You place the samples underneath the radiation scanner and upon turning the machine, the meter shoots up so fast it breaks and shorts out the machine. Your scanner is now broken.
>>
The suit has recieved no damages and is in oerfect condition, you get a headache from being around it though.
>>173594
>>
>>173651
I may not be a scientist, but it's looking like you better get a hazmat suit to handle that.
>>
>>173651
If it's really that radioactive, why hasn't anyone's face melted yet? That said, I would like to point out that I'm still in communications. >>173577
>>
>>173651
...Oh dear, that's not good.

To Bobby: I believe now would be the perfect time for the both of us to go to Med Bay.
>>
>>173677
This is good idea.
>>
>>173615
Do you think you could go back out to install some cameras on the outside if the habitat?
>>
>>173672
It is very radioactive, but not radioactive enough to do that. Only to break the scanner.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>173651
I fix the scanner.
>>
>>173677
I'll just lockdown your lab and bobbys suit storage until you can purge the radiation. We really shouldn't let anyone else get sick.
>>
>>173677
Well you're probably not if something bad happens.
>>
>>173702
You can't seem to fix the scanner at this time.
>>
>>173701
I'll head down to the Med Bay.
>>
>>173677
Who's the medical officer? I don't have any experience with healing a living thing.
>>
Well its clear. We all gonna have cancer because of the radioactivity.

Do we have any submarines OP
>>
>>173736
Well only bobby and the doctor got exposed. Also you should really send a report about this and ask for some equipment to deal with this like you said I'd rather not get cancer.
>>
>>173719
>>173717

You head to the medbay. As to not need to worry about the upkeep of another staff member all medbay facilities are MediPods, in which the occupant climbs in and is healed of ailments in a matter of hours.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>173757
Well I have to make contact with the surface first so I'll try that again now.
>>
>>173757
Lewis was exposed too, since he saw a broken radiation scanner and thought 'I need to get up in there'.

In any case the dose Bobby and I got wasn't enough to instantly make us sick or cause any severe effects, so with any luck it won't be fatal. Might even be that the scanner was too sensitive, or just badly calibrated.

>>173775
What excellent technology. We really are living in the future in the 70s. I'll get into a pod, then.
>>
>>173780
You successfully establish a one way radio signal to the surface base.
>>
>>173791
>>173794
I'll be the control.
Let's see if I get cancer.
>>
>>173791
Youd be amazed at the technology the governments worked together on creating for this expenditure.
>>
>>173775
heading to a pod for diagnostic and treatment.

da
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>173794
Alright rolling to request some anti radiation equipment and medicine
>>
>>173806
>>173791

You clamber into pods.
2 hours to cure sickness, 2 hours until next Decision phase.
>>
>>173811
You successfully send out the request but are not sure if it was sent. You assume it did, but are not sure.
>>
>>173822
Well I guess Ill just hang tight in here.
>>
Alright so captain we shouldn't send out any more expeditions until we get those supplys. We wouldn't want someone passing out outside the gates.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>173846
Continue playing bagpipes in Wu's proximity.
>>
Cannot send more Operator now, Zhenya is only Operator on duty.

2 hour wait until Zhenya (Bobby/Me) is finished with diagnostics and treatment.
>>
1hr until healing finishes, 1hr until decision phase
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>173893
I kick Henry (the other operator) until he responds.
>>
>>173893
Is there something else besides the Anomaly we should be looking out for OP?
>>
>>173933
Possible lifeforms or other structures
>>
>>172832
Henry I swear to dog if you don't get out there and collect some specimen from around that anomaly I will send every ounce of peanut butter on this ship into the water!
>>
I don't want another mission. We wait for HQ.

I send a report about the activity. The radioactivity and a request for the proper equipment.

I also file a report for additional Candy
>>
>>173961
Touch the peanut butter and you'll spend the whole day in a medical pod. Thats easily the best food in this whole station.
>>
>>173978
Neit comrade, Borsht. Borsht is best meal on base.
>>
30 minutes until healed and 30 until decision phase
>>
>>173995
>>173978
You are both imbeciles, haggis is best dish.
>>
Times up--
Decision Phase.

Captain Brad what are your order for how to spend the rest of the day?
>>173977
>>
>>174050
Did i do >>173977
If so then everyone Needs to restore their work stations and equipment. eat and then recreational time. Then I want sleep
>>
Tomorrow we Investigate the ANOMALY..
>>
>>174034
Borscht is, however, a close second.
>>
When does tomorrow begin?
>>
>>174061
You writing a report effectively ends the day. When you wish to write a report simply say
>Write report

Then Day 2 will begin
>>
>>174073
I can live with this comrade. And now so can you.
>>
>>174073
What even is borsht? It sounds disgusting yet appetizing at the same time
>>
>>174100
It's basically beet soup. A bit tart but quite good.
>>
>>174100
Its like a stew/soup

Also
>write report
>>
>>174122
How did you get here islander?!?!
>>
>>174034
>>173995
>>173978
>Based all-American burgers not the best
There's something wrong with all of you.
>>
DAY 2:

This day begins as the last one did. You are all sitting around the conference table discussing the course of action for the day. However, since yesterday was eventful you all overslept and now only have 2 hours to decide what the plan is.

Dialogue phase--

Conversate.
>>
>>174100
Red cabbage soup, like the other anon said you can also put beets in there and potatoes and meat for extra flavor. carrots too.
>>
>>174152
Alright, so whats the plan for today so I can get my equipment ready? Also did we get those supplys?
>>
>>174145
There are no burgers in the habitat. Where did you get that?
>>
>>174141
You have no idea and you never will

Heil Hitler
>>
The anomaly emits a loud PING sound.

1hr and 40 minutes remain.
>>
>>174152
We launch mission and investigate anomaly.
I want absolute safety.
Everyone is to remain calm.

If no one Objects.. Doctors get your radiation suits on. And everyone to your stations
>>
>>174189
Yes sir! *rad suit is already halfway on*
>>
>>174189
Yes captain I'll send out a aqua bot to observe the anomaly while everyone gets ready
>>
>>174189
>>174187
Are there any radiation operator suits? Or a way to wear the radiation suit with the operator suit?
>>
>>174196
Thats my ginger
>>
I'm going to bed.
Just have me do what Cap says.
Good night.
>>
>>174216
Pretty sure Your suit is already protecting you from radiation.
>>
Outside a nearby window leading to the deployment station, you see a wooden crate sink from the surface. It is supplies from the surface.

>>174216
The suit is protective. Not 100% but not enough to have it kill you while you're out there.
>>
>>174234
But enough to have it not kill you*
>>
>>174189
If you insist, sir.

>>174153
Sounds better than pea soup,at least. Then again, most things sound better than pea soup.

(My connection was acting up, so my ID will probably be different)
>>
>>174218
Yep.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>174234
suiting up to retrieve resources.

since I was in the healing pod im going to assume that the sprained ankle is not an issue
>>
>>174246
You're correct in your assumption. You suit up successfully with only mild complications.
>>
>>174267
I start up a aqua bot to accompany him while he's the retrieving supplys
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>174267
>mild complications
i hope my willy is okay.

open the floodgates to retrieve package.
>>
>>174308
Please roll.

>>174310
You open the floodgates and water poors into the room. The package sits in front of you.
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>174330
Woops
>>
>>174331
You power on and begin to control a AquaDrone of medium power. Fully functioning headlights, sonar, and audio detection. Comes eqquiped with the same 6 loaded harpoon launcher and lateral movement capabilities.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>174340
I suppose I should be getting into a radiation suit and heading to the Research Lab, now.
>>
>>174340
Observe surroundings to make sure nothing pops up on the radar again.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>174340
Alright so I start scanning with sonar to check for threats.
>>
Decision Phase Begins--

Proceed with your actions.

>>174349
You successfully get into a radiation suit and are prepared to go forward.

>>174355
You see blackness beyond the crate. No radar is present to check.

>>174357
You see nothing on sonar.
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>174389
Keep scanning while staying near bobby.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>174389
Right then,
>Head into the Research Lab and seal the radioactive samples in safe(That is, lead) containers
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>174389
lets bring crate back in yes,

we need to investigate Anomaly right after.
>>
>>174389
Ask Wu to tell Oscar to search around the Anomaly, where we had the the other signature show up.
>>
>>174389
Realize that I am no use in this situation and go change back into my kilt
>>
>>174430
You could always help me in dealing with the radiation problem. It's your lab too, after all.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

Tell wu to tell Bobby to get to the anomaly Lets get this done.

I fetch a cigar
>>
>>174401
Bobby wants you to investigate the area around anomaly while he brings in th crate, specifically he wants you to look at where we were getting sonar signal from something moving to the west.
>>
>>174430
>>174441
Doctor and Chemist Doctor man

do you require further samples?
>>
>>174401
You continue to scan the area. And find minor sounds coming from the blackness.

>>174406
You do not have the containers on hand, they are in the crate Bobby has.

>>174415
You bring the crate into the Deployment Center sucsessfully.
>>
>>174401
belay that last order, captain wants you to examine the anomaly itself first.
>>
>>174463
Considering what happened last time we got samples, I think I'll hold off on asking for any at this time.

>>174466
Oh, in that case I guess I've got nothing to do but wait around until the crate's unpacked.
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>174466
Go check out the spot where there was movement yesterday before bringing the drone back in.
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>174466
If comrade Lewis wants to retrieve crate and bring to lab than Bobby will investigate anomaly post haste.
>>
>>174463
Are there any life forms down here?
>>
>>174514
Only possible life form is signature reading from last mission comrade Haggis
>>
>>174483
You move to the spot, turn on your floodlights and you see a patch of displaced sand as well as a single set of footprints with 2 toes.

>>174503
What do you do, bobby?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>174536
Uh, guys I just found a set of footprints. They aren't human.
Rolling to follow them with the aquadrone.
>>
>>174536
investigate Anomaly, if its possible just use the last roll.
>>
>>174553
The footprints have been washed away overnight, but... Or maybe it didn't walk away.
There is not a path to follow.

>>174555
Did you change ID's Bobby?

You approach the Anomaly. It is just as big and intimidating as it was yesterday. Still branching off in twisted and menagerie of bends and points and looks, quite frankly, very dangerous.

The formation looks much of the same. The large smooth reflective surface faces you, you can see yourself in it.

However, there is a small blue bulb of some kind hanging off the end of one of its spikes. It is within reach.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>174581
touch the reflective face first. Do this to see if bulb reacts in anyway but don't touch it. tell wu what you see.

and no it didnt change.
>>
>>174610
You touch the surface at it seems malleable. Almoat as if you can pass through it if you tried.

The bulb reacts none.
>>
>>174630
GO THROUGH
>>
OP im going to be away for like an hour so if you want to let someone else take the reigns of an operator its cool with me
>>
>>174645
I was actually about to suggest to break for an hour as well as I have some things to take care of around the house briefly.

Would everyone be okay with taking a short intermission?
>>
>>174738
Yep
*smokes cigar*
>>
>>174738
yeah im ok with that
>>
>>174738
I wouldnt mind a break
>>
>>174738
I'm fine with that. Not much I can do at the moment, anyway.
>>
Very well.
We will resume in roughly one hour.
>>174757
>>174752
>>174750
>>174746

See you soon
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>174738
Well that was convenient wasn't it boys.

ok time to ENTER THE VOID ROLLING
>>
Apologise, more unexpwcted thimgs have come up and we will be needing to continue later. I'll notify you within the next few hours.

>>174757
>>174752
>>174750
>>174746
>>
>>175507
Might not be there by then. But today was fun, if a bit disorganized.
>>
>>175507
damn right at the climax.

A little tip even though you didnt ask for it, maybe give the other crew members more roles to play because only the communicator (and not really even him unless we rp properly), captain, operator, and soldier participate a lot.
The mechanic only really repairs things after Operator comes back in, Biologist and Chemist only really study things when things are there to study etc.

take it for what you will. Fun thread, cool concept.
>>
>>175636
>>175652
I appreciate the positive feedback.

Today was more so a trial run of the concept and system if I'm being honest. I planed the Mechanic to have much more prominent roles later game once the actual Habitat became under attack and took damage. As the scientists would also become more involved.

In all honesty, if everyone can't make it back for the evening, I might just abandon thread and return later in the week with a revised story and class system, along with more firm rules on what needs rolling and whatnot.

I honestly thought the concept for this sounded cool and I wanted to give it a shot, and I'm glad to see that the outcome was positive somewhat.

What do you guys think the best course of action would be?
>>
>>175736
Well, it takes these threads 3 days to go into autosage, so this thread could have quite a bit of life in it yet, if you came back soon enough.
>>
>>175736
Im here also, not sure about everyone else but I'd still be up to continue this if you still want to.
>>
>>175755
Do you believe if I return tomorrow around the same time we started today, that would work?

I would very much so love to continue but doing so tonight seems not plausible
>>
>>175765
I'm trying to discern a time thatd be good for eveyone. But I'm able to continue either much later tonight, or around the same we started today, tomorrow.
>>
>>175769
That'd be, what, 12-ish hours from now? I could probably swing that time, yeah.
>>
>>175779
I know the other guys have voted to continue on tomorrow, but I think if you came back in a week and advertised this quest on tg or even hosted it there and linked it here things would run a lot quicker and possibly smoother.

also in that time you could work out the kinks in the class system which in my opinion is really the only problem.
>>
>>175822
Care to explain what you mean a litttle bit more, please?
>>
>>175832
Well like you said this was a trial run, so if you spend a week or something adding something for the other roles that wouldnt bother me.

Also im sure you know this by how slowly the game moved at times but this is a slow, slow board hopefully it will pick up soon, but just keep in mind that tg is much quicker.

hopfully i better explained myself
>>
>>175905
You did, you did indeed. I believe that this was an effective trial run but I think it could use some more fine tuning, yeah?
>>
>>175918
Just a bit dont think too much needs to change really, just make the other classes more busy.
>>
>>176015
yeah i gotta say that the communication role didn't seem important at all
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.