[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dust motes: An Exalted quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: Exalted World Map 1 85dpi.jpg (7MB, 2890x1870px) Image search: [Google]
Exalted World Map 1 85dpi.jpg
7MB, 2890x1870px
Creation. A world made of five elements, on the backs of five dragons and reaching off into five directions.
But in which direction do you live?

1: The frigid North?
2: The verdant East?
3: The regal Center?
4: The blazing South?
5: The drowned West?
>>
>>The Drowed west.
>>
>>1715208
>1: The frigid North?
>>
>>1715208
1: The frigid North?
>>
>>1715225
>>1715229
>>1715233

The north it is!

But does your home lie closer to the crashing shores of the north-west, the misty forests of the north-east, the temperate kingdoms of the Threshold or the far, far north?

1: North-west
2: North-east
3: Threshold
4: Far north
>>
>>1715271
>4: Far north
>>
>>1715271
>4: Far north
>>
>>1715271
>2: North-east
>>
>>1715274
>>1715275
>>1715278

The far north it is!

Your home is the frigid hide of Mela. Ice and wind are the king and queen of your beautiful homeland. Summers are short and cool. Harvests are meager but mammoth and llama are plentiful in this pale land.
But what is your place in it?

1: Peasant
2: Merchant
3: Prisoner
4: Prince/Princess
5: Priest
6: Other? [write in]
>>
>>1715287
Hard choice...but I have not seen peasant protagonist, my second choice would be merchant.
We are in for hard times.
>1: Peasant
>>
>>1715287
Prisoner
>>
>>1715287
Peasant/neet
>>
>>1715287
peasant/lone wanderer
>>
File: 172186.jpg (206KB, 1440x900px)
172186.jpg
206KB, 1440x900px
>>1715290
>>1715293
>>1715294

You are a peasant! A humble worker of the land. You and the teeming billions like you are the mortar, the glue that holds Creation together.
But even in these teeming hordes no two mortals are alike.
So what are YOU like?

Are you-

1: Male?
2: Female?

And how do you put food on the table? What is your trade?

1: Llama farmer?
2: Miner?
3: Crafter?
4: Hunter?
5: Guard?
6: Wanderer?
7: Farmer?
8: Fisher?
9: Other? [write in]
>>
>>1715299
>1: Male?
>1: Llama farmer?
Best milk and meat this side of the North Pole
>>
>>1715299
Male

Llama HUNTER
>>
>>1715299
1.Male
Hunter
>>
>>1715299
>male
>1: Llama farmer
>>
>>Female
Llama hunter
>>
>>1715305
>>1715306
>>1715308
>>1715312
>>1715325

You are a hunter, a farmer and a man. You've spent your incarnation carving a living from the carcasses of your prey and the wool of your llamas.
But have you lived on the strength of your hand, or your mind? Your piercing eyes or piercing arrows?

Choose one category below to be your Primary set of attributes and one to be your Tertiary set.

PHYSICAL: [Stamina, Strength, Dexterity]
SOCIAL: [Charisma, Manipulation, Appearance]
MENTAL: [Perception, Intelligence, Wits]
>>
>>1715331
Primary
MENTAL: [Perception, Intelligence, Wits]

Tertiary
PHYSICAL: [Stamina, Strength, Dexterity]
>>
>>1715331
Primary: PHYSICAL: [Stamina, Strength, Dexterity]
Tertiary: MORE PHYSICAL: [Stamina, Strength, Dexterity]
>>
>>1715331
Primary:
MENTAL

Tertiary
PHYSICAL
>>
>>1715331
>Primary
>MENTAL: [Perception, Intelligence, Wits]
>Tertiary
>PHYSICAL: [Stamina, Strength, Dexterity]
>>
>>1715340
This
>>
>>1715332
>>1715338
>>1715340
>>1715341
>>1715342

Distribute the number of points next to each set of attributes among the attributes in that set. Each attribute starts at one [below average] and none can be raised above five [the very peak of human performance].

MENTAL: 8 points
Perception *
Intelligence *
Wits *

SOCIAL: 6 points
Charisma *
Manipulation *
Appearance *

PHYSICAL: 4 points
Stamina *
Strength *
Dexterity *
>>
>>1715359
>MENTAL: 8 points
>Perception 2
>Intelligence 3
>Wits 3
We got the wit and the smarts

>SOCIAL: 6 points
>Charisma 1
>Manipulation 1
>Appearance 4
We're a dream boat

>PHYSICAL: 4 points
>Stamina 1
>Strength 2
>Dexterity 1
>>
>>1715360

Hey buddy, the way this goes is that there's already one point on each stat :]
So just so you know, your array would actually be

Perception 3
Intelligence 4
Wits 4

Charisma 2
Manipulation 2
Appearance 5

Stamina 2
Strength 3
Dexterity 2
>>
>>1715360
Supporting
>>
>>1715363
Oh
I like that OP. We're going to the peak of human looks, and since we're so far North we'll going to be a super Nord. (Platinum blonde Hair and eyes as blue as the sky itself. Or something more beautiful or unique with the 5.)
>>
>>1715367

Well I'm glad you like it! This would also be a good time for y'all to give me a shout about what you want to look like overall. Super nord is totally viable, so is other things. I won't post anything definitive about your appearance until the quest actually starts but it'll help me get the right idea :]
I'll wait a little longer to see if anyone wants a different array before posting the next segment.
>>
>>1715370
We should be big, tall. With lean muscles since we are a peasant we need to move quick to hunt. What other options are the their Creation?
>>
>>1715374

By options do you mean for appearance or character creation? If appearance; pretty much whatever you'd like as long as it gets the most votes. If character creation; abilities and backgrounds are next, then the story starts!
>>
>>1715363
>>1715360
supporting
>>
>>1715360
>>1715365
>>1715367
>>1715374
>>1715393

Your mind is sharper than most swords. Your wisdom and insight can see you past most obstacles, your knowledge of the world around you is vast and your reflexes rival the most paranoid snow leopards.
Your people skills are entirely on par with anyone you've met, but are both vastly enhanced by your truly dazzling good looks, some people find themselves too shaken to deny you the gold in their purse, let alone a helping hand.
Your speed and accuracy is at the level expected of a hunter, your endurance is enough to carry you into the wilds and back [with a full belly to fuel you that is] but like any other hunter you recognize your limits all too well. The strength of your body is prodigious, you don't win every arm wrestle, but you win most.

On to backgrounds!

Backgrounds are the details of your character, your unique quirks, history and resources that give context to your actions.
Backgrounds can be taken by spending Bonus Points, you start with 15 to spend.
Flaws can be taken to gain BP [bonus points]
Like any other stat, backgrounds are rated from 1 to 5. Let's get started!

BACKGROUNDS:

LINEAGE: [Can be from 1 to 5 dots] The strength of your family and the degree to which you can rely on them. A character with no dots in lineage has an entirely average, small, or even nonexistent family. A character with five dots comes from a vast, largely self sufficient clan. Whether due to polygamy or the blessing of some deity you have a vast pool of cousins, siblings, aunts and uncles to come home to.

STRANGE DESTINY: [1-5 points] Your fate is a strange and tangled thing. At 1 point you often stumble across the unexpected; a frog in a tundra, a mysterious stranger in an alley everyone else had forgotten, an eerily accurate reading of the tea leaves.
At 5 points your destiny is a vast and inescapable web that snarls Gods, demons and faeries in its strands. Multiple prophecies either allude to you or someone people mistake for you. The effects of this are largely beneficial, though often require some work on your part to ripen fully.

ALLIES: [1 to -- dots] The people you can rely on in a pinch. Every dot in this background represents a friendly character at or slightly below your own level of power, or multiple weaker characters, who either way are both friendly and willing to help. For instance, a single dot may represent a fellow hunter who owes you a life debt, or a would be fiance seeking to earn your love. Five dots can represent a dozen ragtag misfits who look to you as their leader, five stalwart friends you'd trust with your own life [and be able to expect it back in one piece] or a single powerful being such as a spirit or exalt.
[cont]
>>
>>1715400
OP are their more than 3?

Either way I know I want strange destiny 5 points into that.

Allies: No points we're starting on our own and building up to our destiny.

Lineage: I wait for the other choices to pop up before choosing.
>>
>>1715404
>[cont}

agree on 5 destiny
>>
>>1715405
Maybe our looks has something to do with our Strange destiny.
>>
>>1715404

Yup! That's why I wrote cont at the bottom of the post :]

>>1715400

INFLUENCE: [1-5 dots] Influence represents the power of your reputation, whether loved or feared. One dot could represent being known throughout your neighborhood as a respectable lad; a few extra coins or a bed for the night will be quickly offered in your time of need. Five dots represents a widespread reputation that turns heads and silences critics. Whether it's legends of your beauty or battle prowess you find yourself fending off fans and finding total strangers recognizing you in the street.

RESOURCES: [1-5 dots] This represents your wealth. 1 dot could represent a clay pot of coins buried beneath a floor tile in case of emergencies, 5 dots is a sizable trove; it could be a cave full of treasure, a family inheritance or the gift of some higher being, but either way, your pockets sag under the weight of your riches.

FLAWS:

LINEAGE: [You gain 1-5 dots] This represents your obligations to your clan or family. 1 dot could represent the need to meet for a family reunion once a year or seek your parents approval of your spouse. 5 dots is an iron net of duty and obligation; your fiance['s] is likely chosen for you, your income is shared among the less fortunate in your clan and any shame you bring upon your family will be met with disapproval, and possibly punishment. [THIS FLAW CANNOT EXCEED YOUR RATING IN THE LINEAGE BACKGROUND]

STRANGE DESTINY: [you gain 1-5 points] Things just don't go your way. At 1 point you're likely to find mice in your supplies, a hole in your wallet or a leak in your roof. At 5 dots your fate is a funnel that hurls devils and dragons at your door. Faeries steal your fiance, Gods demand your cattle as penance for a real or imagined slight or a sorcerer might decide to use your home as target practice. [You may have this flaw at the same time as the Strange Destiny background, if you do, expect an interesting life]

RIVAL: [You gain 1-5 points] Each point in Rival represents a character of your strength level or slightly higher who seeks to bring you misfortune. One dot could represent a surly ex lover who seeks to ruin your good name, or a thuggish bully who picks fights at clan gatherings. 5 dots represents a single mighty foe, such as a deity, spirit or exalt who seeks your end, or a gaggle of lesser villains out to ruin your happiness.
[cont]
>>
>>1715408
OP still writing or just waiting? It been some time.
>>
>>1715434

Thanks for asking pal, I'd hoped to get chargen done tonight but my flu is getting worse and it's getting worse so I think I'm gonna have to get to bed if I want to write tomorrow. Sorry about the delay :/ we've almost finished your character though! Thanks for posting everyone :] cya tomorrow.
>>
>>1715437
Going to post my thing then. Just take a min.
>>1715408
15 Points

Backgrounds -22 Points
LINEAGE: 5 Points
STRANGE DESTINY: 5 Points
ALLIES: 7 Points
INFLUENCE: 0
RESOURCES: 0
This make sense and will make it fun. As we are a Northern Peasant, that has never left home in his life. Why would he? He was a large family to take care of him, that is until a Deity give him a vision of his future, with his help He start his travels We are as well in many prophecies ready to change the world, with us being a Who? and with looks that can melt the most frozen hearts.

FLAWS +7 points
LINEAGE: 2
STRANGE DESTINY: 0
RIVAL: 5 Points
Of course what's a quest of making true the many prophecies of the evil gods don't try everything they can to stop us for doing what we were born to do. Also want our family be important for us, and added backstory.

Just my take on our backstory and flaw
>>
>>1715440

Nice story hooks! I'll definitely consider working that into the story. Great job! Also goodnight for real this time
>>
>>1715442
night for real as well
>>
>>1715440
>>1715374
>>1715367
>>1715360
>>1715363
Supporting
>>
>>1715442
Are you kill OP?
>>
>>1718625

I am kill. Sorry guys I've been in and out of bed all day. I'll try to cobble the next post together but in the worst case scenario it might have to wait until tomorrow again :c I promise to throw particularly spicy posts your way in future to make up for it.
>>
>>1718652
Aight
>>
>>1718674
Kill yourself Mill
You dirty bucktooth jungle bunny
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.