[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genreric Fantasy Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: wallup-228531.jpg (436KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallup-228531.jpg
436KB, 1920x1080px
Fantasy quest. The usual adventuring, monsters, etc. This is my first time authoring a Quest, so let's see how this goes. I'll let you know when to roll (it'll always be 1d100.) Stats won't really exist, I'll just set a number to beat based on difficulty of the task at hand.
Let's do this.

You wake up in your house. Today marks the start of your twentieth year. As is tradition for all children in your village, to mark your transition into adulthood, today is also the day that you must set out and adventure for the next five years. Your people have trained you well in basic survival skills. You were even given your choice of specialized training, or a class. You are ready to set out and prove that you are an adult. After five years, you are free to come back, continue adventuring, or settle down somewhere.

You get out of bed and wash yourself with water from the nearby bathing basin. It's not everyday you get to bathe, so you take the time to examine your reflection in the water. It's impressive how much you've changed since the last time you saw yourself.

>>Time for character creation. First post for each trait sets it. One trait per post only. Please label your post with what trait you're claiming.
Race: Basic fantasy classes preferred, but most anything non-monstrous is allowed.
Sex: I'm not getting into any modern-day gender shenanigans here - biological sex is all I care about right now.
Class: Doesn't have to be just Fighter, Mage, Rouge. Feel free to describe our fighting style and things we'd be good at out of combat.
One interesting body characteristic: tattoo, birthmark, scar, etc.
>>
>>1707102
Sex: Male.
Manly man does manly things.
>>
>>1707102
Hal-Orc
Male
Hero: A bit of a Don Quixote. Delusional, but he has the skills to back it up. Day's spent training wuth his trusty zweihander and pulling cats out of trees will do that,
>>
>>1707151
Half-Orc*, and with his*. For fucks sake.
>>
>>1707102
>Sex: Male
>Race: Human
>Class:Sword Mage
Tattoo of a cross on chest don't know what it means
>>
File: Romanticized-half-orc.jpg (45KB, 382x462px) Image search: [Google]
Romanticized-half-orc.jpg
45KB, 382x462px
>>1707166
>>1707163
I said one trait per post. I took the first unclaimed trait from each of your posts, just to make it work.
>>Sex: Male
>> Race: Half-Orc
>>Class: Sword Mage
Just need a body characteristic.
>>
>>1707204
>Human
>>
>>1707204
Human
Magic red beard
>>
>>1707214
Race is already decided, buddy. You wanna suggest an interesting body characteristic instead?
>>
>>1707222
Human
>>
>>1707204
Massive scar along our face resulting in the loss of one eye.
>>
>>1707219
I'm gonna take the red beard and run with it.
So,
>>Sex: Male
>> Race: Half-Orc
>>Class: Sword Mage
>>Body char: Red Beard

Your youthful eyes, accentuated by your strong half-orc features stare back at you. You hadn't really realized your beard had grown out. It might make you stand out a bit today, seeing as you're the only red-head in the village. No clue if that's good or not.
You get out of the basin, dress yourself in your new adventuring gear, and grab your sword. You can feel the rune-ascribed metal pulse in time to your own heartbeat. It's racing slightly.
One last look at your family home remind you of all the good and bad times you've had here. Your parents died when you were young, so you've had to rely on yourself for the most part. It hasn't been to rough, your people deeply believe that it truly does take a village to raise a child, so you were always looked after. Calming yourself, you're ready to go. With a sigh, you set out. Following the beaten path that leads to the town center. There is already a large group gathered. Everyone is here to see you off. You make your way to the center, where Elder Garn is standing. He smiles kindly at you.
"You ready to go, boy?"
You nod and he instantly begins.
"Today, we see another of our youths reach the age of maturity. He will be gone for a long five years. We've done our best to prepare him. Should he die on his journey, it is on us to bear the blame." He grabs your arm, you feel a slight burning sensation as a tattoo appears on your upper arm. "This band ties you to each of us, boy. If you die, we'll know. If you give up home, we'll know. If you do something awe-inspiring, we'll know. If you need our help, we'll know. This band represents our ties to you and your ties to us. You are now one with us." He slaps you hard on the back and leads you and the crowd to the gate that heads out of the small village. "As is custom, you choose your name now. Once you take your first steps into the real world, shout it at the top of your lungs. Make us proud, boy."

>>Name time. We'll go with the first post that isn't something overly stupid. This is fantasy, not idiocy. Also, Half-Orcs only have one name.
>>
Bump.
>>1707298
I've got the most of the next scene typed up; I just need a name.
>>
>>1707415
George Human
>>
>>1707429
Cutting the stupid bit, and going with George, since half-orcs only have one name anyway.

You've had a name picked out for as long as you can remember - it's not orcish, which will probably upset the elders, but it was your father's name. You take a few steps back and take off running. Timing it perfectly as you pass the village's threshold, you let out your mightiest shout.
"George!"
From behind you, most of the crowd has started cheering, clapping, and chanting your name. Inspired, you take off down the path at full-speed. Once your out of sight, and they're out of earshot, you slow down and catch your breath. Looking around, you're taken aback by how beautiful the world outside your village's walls are. You continue down the path, not paying much attention to it and instead looking through your bag for the map that Uncle Braxton gave you long ago. Looking at it, you realize there are plenty of places you can go to start off your life.

Time for choices:
>>a) There's a large city about a two day's walk from here following the path. It should be a good place to find a quest or too to undertake. Maybe team up with other adventurers.
>>b) You could shorten the same walk to just one day if you cut through a forest. You'd be down for an extra dose of adventure.
>>c) There's a small mining town about a day out. The path there runs through a canyon that you've heard from the returning adventurers is a bit difficult to pass. Those same adventurers did inform you that the saloon in town has cheap drinks and even cheaper women.
>>
Well, seeing as thread is dead, I'm going to bed. If this hasn't 404'd by the time I come back, maybe we'll continue.
>>
>>1707444
Head to town.

>>1707549
They starting threads earlier in the day if you can. Youre more likely to get more people. Around 12pm US Eastern is about the best on weekdays. That way you get people on lunch, people who are on seconds and people who aren't working all browsing at the same time.
>>
>>1707685
Alright. Thanks for the tip. Guess I can post throughout the day on my phone.

That mining town sounds like a good start - It's small enough that you can make a name for yourself. Might as well get your first drink and a good lay while you're there.
You can see the mountain range where the canyon path is from here, so you set out towards it. After a few hours, the split in the towering peaks finally becomes visible. It's a rather narrow canyon, big enough for a wagon with some walking room on either side. The problem, apart from falling rocks, supposedly comes deeper in. You remember the returned adventurers saying that there's a goblin tribe living in the cave network deeper in the canyon. You've never seen a goblin, much less fought one. Maybe you should rethink this until you have some more training?

How will you act:
>>a) Ha! What am I thinking? Goblins are the weakest monsters around; I can take on an army of them. Let's go! (You're confident, if perhaps a bit too confident. You'll continue, not worrying too much about what happens.)
>>b) Goblins aren't very tough, so I should be able to handle a few. I can keep going, but I better tread lightly. (You believe in your skills, but are still a bit concerned. You'll continue, and hopefully not rouse too many goblins as you pass)
>>c) I'll turn back, there was a village a bit off the path on the way back where I can prepare some more. (You'll lose a day, but be more prepared.)
>>
>>1708370
>>b) Goblins aren't very tough, so I should be able to handle a few. I can keep going, but I better tread lightly. (You believe in your skills, but are still a bit concerned. You'll continue, and hopefully not rouse too many goblins as you pass)
>>
>>1708370
Should have gone with human, qst hate nonhumans
>>
>>1708370
>>>b) Goblins aren't very tough, so I should be able to handle a few. I can keep going, but I better tread lightly. (You believe in your skills, but are still a bit concerned. You'll continue, and hopefully not rouse too many goblins as you pass)

Dude, I play primarily half-orcs in my campaigns, though I am sad we are a sword-mage.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.