[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brigand Quest #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: bandits.jpg (187KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
bandits.jpg
187KB, 512x512px
This was never supposed to happen to you.

You slip back into conscious thought, eyes fixated on the fire before you. You look around, gagging at the rancid air twirling around the smoke of the flame. Scarred, broken men form a ring around the fire, many holding weapons, some missing a hand or an eye, and all of them wearing twisted expressions of pleasure and vice.

You are Falen Hok, a merchant from the small logging town of Urig. You have a wife, a young son, and about a thousand golds' worth of treasures and assets back home. You were on your way to Penseal, the jewel of the Trader's League, when you were ambushed during the night. They took your horse, your wagon, all your valuables, and even most of your clothes.

Then, they gave you an ultimatum - join the bandit tribe of the Woodrats, or be sold as a slave in Penseal.

Being the coward that you are, in a panic, you quickly chose to cast your life behind, strong-armed into joining the small bandit legion that are the Woodrats. It seems to be a force of about twenty-odd men, but who knows how many more there are scattered about?

Now, you've got nothing but the pants around your waist. This isn't right. You deserve better than this. You're not a criminal. This wasn't supposed to happen to you.

You lift your head some more, looking at your surroundings with glazed eyes.

>A. Warn the gathered bandits that the Urig militia will be after him once they discover you're missing
>B. Ask about the Woodrats, about their leader, try and learn something you can use
>C. Go up to the biggest guy you can find and punch him in the gut
>D. Keep staring into the fire
>E. Something else
>>
>>1702373
>>B. Ask about the Woodrats, about their leader, try and learn something you can use

>bandit quest
>we're a cowardly merchant that's been shanghaied

questionable origin
>>
>>1702578
Supporting
>>
>>1702373
>B. Ask about the Woodrats, about their leader, try and learn something you can use

Additionally:
>E. Something else
See if we cant swipe a knife or something while nobody is looking. We need to have something should shit go south.
>>
>>1702578
Supporting

>>1702373
Don't be kill OP
>>
>>1702578
supporting.

Is OP kill?
>>
>>1702578
play up the cowardly part and we're golden

supportan
>>
>>1702578

"So... who... ARE the Woodrats?" You ask out loud, to nobody in general.

About half of the scarred men look at you, questioningly, as if you stated that the night sky was pink and yellow.

One man missing an ear clears his throat, and speaks at you in a gravelly voice. "We bandits. We take, we rob, we sell, we live da high life. What's there to question?"

"Well, lots of things. Who leads the troupe? How many men strong are yo- ...we? Where do you oper-"

You suddenly feel a heavy slap on your bare back that makes you jump, and you turn to see an older-looking man with dark skin and a scar across his nose looks you in the eyes, inches from your face. He grimaces at your reaction.

"Wot ya need to know, me fine fellow, is ya do what we say, an' ya don't get sold ta' tha slavers. That good enough for yeh?"

>A. Yes that's good enough
>B. Press the issue some more
>C. Don't say anything
>D. Slap him back
>E. Something else
>>
>>1705573
>E. Something else
look at the ground, but steal glances at potentially loose or grab-able weaponry
>>
>>1705573
If we try to get a knife in this situation we are dead meat.

>E: Ask: what do you want me to do? I can tall you about all the routes and paths other merchants use to travel.
>>
>>1705616
Supporting this.
>>
>>1705616
This
>>
>>1705616
>>1706073
>>1706551

Probing too much into this so early seems dangerous. Time to bring out your best skill: the art of the deal.

"What is it you want me to do? I can tell you about the routes the other merchants use to-"

"Already know em," the nose-scarred bandit retorts. "S'why we're tha' best brigands dis side of Penseal. Am I right, boys?!"

He lifts a mug in his free hand, and the other Woodrats raise their own pilfered, unmatching mugs in return with a shout and hearty laugh.

"Anyway, all yeh gotta do is swing yer sword when we tell yeh to. You CAN swing a sword, right?"

Uh oh. You've never held a weapon in your life.

>A. Lie and say yes
>B. I can't
>C. I've never had to
>D. Do you want to find out?
>>
>>1708138
Say: How hard can it be?
Can I get somethin to wear, or some of my clothes back?
>>
>>1708153
bamp
>>
>>1708138
>>1708153
This
>>
>>1708153
>>1708637

"...how hard can it be?"

The entire group of brigands stare you down, silently, with absolute disdain. Some put their head in their hands, some sigh, but you feel the disappointment from all of them regardless of their actions.

"Another dead weight!", one shouts from a ways away.
"Just sell em an' be done wit' it!"
"Hell, leave 'em here! Let da wolves have at 'im!"

The scar-nosed bandit raises his arms to try and silence the rowdy brigands. "Now now, me mates, 'ow many of you came outta yer mothers knowin' how to cut a man?"

He slaps your bare back again, making you jump once more while addressing the group. "Give 'im a week. If he ain't cut a man down by then, it's to the slavers with 'im!"

The crowd of Woodrats cheer and laugh, reveling in your pressure and misfortune. Your vision blurs, and sounds seem to distort as you return to a disassociative state. Your mind tries to gather what little you've learned. Brigands expect you to learn how to use a weapon within a week... that's a lot of time. It's possible for you, but you have essentially no fighting instinct. If your life is worth it, and it is, then you're going to have to figure something out.

The rest of them seem to respect that nose-scarred bandit. They didn't mention any names, so you'll just call him Nosey for now. Maybe he can teach you a thing or two about fighting? How do you even go about asking something like that?

Your mind wavers, and you black out...

>Continued
>>
>>1708686

The night passes, and you snap back into consciousness on the cold ground. Hungover bandits surround you, some sleeping peacefully, others in their own vomit. Nosey is sleeping under a small, shabby tent of torn canvas and leaves away from the fire.

A few other bandits have begun to stir, enough to notice that you're awake as well.

>A. Go and wake Nosey, and ask him for combat lessons
>B. Take a quiet walk around the Woodrat campsite, observing the hungover bandits
>C. Cut and run from the few bandits that are awake
>D. Lie back down and pretend you're somewhere else
>E. Other
>>
>>1708699
>>B. Take a quiet walk around the Woodrat campsite, observing the hungover bandits
Don't wake up Nosey until he woken up on his own
>>
>>1708712
support.
>>
>>1708712
Support. As we always have, we must make the best of a bad situation.
>>
>>1708699
>>B. Take a quiet walk around the Woodrat campsite, observing the hungover bandits
>>
>>1708699
D. Lie back down and pretend you're somewhere else
>>
>>1709476
Agree. More observation is necessary.
>>
>>1711139
support.
>Think about wife and children, shed a tear. This is unfair, life was not meant to be this way
>>
>>1709476
this.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.